NATION

PASSWORD

World Bowl XXXI Signup Thread (CLOSED)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thereisnogodistan
Attaché

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thereisnogodistan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:40 am

Abanhfleft wrote:The world's number one will attempt to actually win it this time.

We are the puppets of the masters quoted above.
Part of Abanhfleft's Esportivan colony of the Fhulghamous Peninsula.
Runner-up of the Baptism of Iron XVII

For anything I want to say in a sig

Cumhact
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cumhact » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:47 am

Cumhact are in!

World Bowl
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:42 am

Signups updated through Cumhact.
The poster of this message is likely the current President of the World Bowl Assembly (Drawkland).

World Bowl Links: Discussion Thread | Constitution | Rankings

West Angola
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby West Angola » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:53 am

We're in.
Economic Left/Right: -4.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95
Fourth Place: Cup of Harmony 59; Runner-Up: Cup of Harmony 55; Champion: Cup of Harmony 57

The Fair Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fair Republic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:43 pm

In
3rd Place-RUWC 23
Runner Up-RUWC 25

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:51 pm

Signing up as a puppet of West Saintland, with Falatulu's rank (as they will be part of the FFR again before the World Bowl begins).
Last edited by Free Republics on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Republic Of Rawn
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic Of Rawn » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:49 pm

The Republic of Rawn will join

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 am

Oisinistan sign up.

Also, I'd like to invite my puppet Youhavenorightsistan.

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:27 am

Oisinistan wrote:Oisinistan sign up.

Also, I'd like to invite my puppet Youhavenorightsistan.

Aye. Confirming that I'm the puppet of the above.

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:33 pm

Signups updated.
The poster of this message is likely the current President of the World Bowl Assembly (Drawkland).

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:06 pm

signing up
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Somersville
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

WorldBowl

Postby Somersville » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:40 pm

I am the People's Republic of Somersville. I have a population of about 77 million, I have wrote to NationStatesCollegeFootball 15 cup.

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:00 pm

In possible joint bid with another nation pending reply.
Pre-confirming Silver Rainbow Fumes

Somersville
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Somersville » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:59 am

I am joining

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Actually, I'm out

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:29 am

In.

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Signups updated.

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:16 am

With the host bid deadline a little over 3 days away, we're still looking for our first host bid.

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:28 pm

Eggs!
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Can I be in?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Christian Isles
Attaché

Founded: Nov 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Isles » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:42 pm

In

Korizland
Attaché

Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korizland » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Hail Hydra!

Korizland joins.

Equatorial Zeldaen
Attaché

Founded: Oct 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Equatorial Zeldaen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:56 am

I shall compete.
EZ. It's just that simple with Equatorial Zeldaen.

IATA Member

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:50 am

signing up as greater vakolicci haven
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm

OOC: Since there are still no host bids a little over 24 hours before the bidding deadline (which is 4 weeks after the original opening of this thread), I figured I might as well post one of my own:

The Free Republics bid for World Bowl XXXI
A Return to Remember

In the interest of reestablishing themselves on the world stage, the Federation Government of the Free Republics presents the following bid for the consideration of the World Bowl Assembly:

About the Free Republics

The Free Republics are a vast federation of Republics, spanning 3 continents, that pride themselves on being, from their perspective, the freest nation in the multiverse. In most of the Free Republics, you are free to do almost anything, so long as you have the money to pay your own way. Laws do very greatly between Republics, so be sure to read up on the local laws before entering a Republic. Republics are forbidden from restricting a number of basic freedoms, such as the absolute freedom of speech, the right to carry open or concealed firearms in public and the right to due process. Laws do exist against crimes such as theft and murder and there are laws against non-consensual assault, but one should keep in mind that the Free Republics defines consent in a broad manner. The Free Republics has faced political turmoil in recent years, with two administrations coming to power that ignored the federation's Constitution and violated many fundamental rights but under the leadership of Consul Nicholls, most of their laws have been repealed and the Free Republics is in the process of returning to normalcy.

In the past, the Republicans have fielded a team in a number of editions of the World Bowl, which has been respectable but which has proven consistently unable to reach the playoffs. However, due to political turmoil, the Free Republics has gone unrepresented at the past several World Bowls (though their former National Team did represent the then-independent island Republic of Falatulu at the 29th World Bowl), but now that Consul O'Reilly has resigned, the FFR has re-entered the World Bowl and will be returning at this edition.

The user behind the Free Republics has hosted or co-hosted almost every major tournament in NS Sports including the World Cup, BoF, CoH, 3 WBCs, World Bowl XXII, an IBC, a WCoH, the X Winter Olympics, other multi-sport events, a CR and a CE as well as many other tournaments over the years.

Format/Tiebreakers

The last World Bowl that was (co-)hosted by the Free Republics used an unconventional format so, in honor of that tradition, we have elected to propose a new unconventional format for this World Bowl. The field for World Bowl XXXI will be divided into conferences and divisions. Teams will face their divisional opponents twice (home and away) and will play each of their conference opponents. The team with the best overall record in each division will advance to the playoffs and will be joined by wild card(s) from their conference. As there are currently 40 teams signed up for this World Bowl (by my current, informal, count), potential formats are as follows:

40 teams - 4 conferences of 2 divisions each, 5 teams per division. Teams will play a 13 game season, with each team playing one interdivisional game at a neutral site. Two wild card teams per conference.
48 teams - 4 conferences of 3 divisions each, 4 teams per division. Teams will play a 14 game season. One wild card team per conference.
54 teams - 6 conferences of 3 divisions each, 3 teams per division. Teams will play a 10 game season. One wild card team per conference.
60 teams - 6 conferences of 2 divisions each, 5 teams per division. Teams will play a 13 game season, with each team playing one interdivisional game at a neutral site. Two wild card teams per conference.
64 teams - 8 conferences of 2 divisions each, 4 teams per division. Teams will play a 10 game season. One wild card team per conference.

For the playoffs, teams will be seeded based upon: A) whether they won their division or are a wild card team and B) their record. In subsequent rounds, the playoffs would be re-seeded much like the NFL playoffs are re-seeded in RL though all playoff games will be held in the Free Republics.

Ties will be broken by HTH record, HTH point differential, Divisional Record (for teams in the same division), Point differential and Points For (in that order). If still tied, it'll either be broken randomly (if a spot in the playoffs is not at stake) or we'll do a play-in game (or play-in games) between the tied team(s).

Scorination & RP Bonus

Xkoranate will be used, with the same modified version of SQIS-IFAF that was used in World Bowl XXII (and many World Bowls since then). Xkoranate style modifiers will be used. RP bonus will be purely cumulative. Should a Round of 24 be used, bonuses for Round of 24 RPs would be cumulative, but Round of 16 bonuses would be doubled for those that receive byes. I will not be revealing the bonus scale, though it will be relatively generous and fair to all styles of RP. In the event that either West Saintland or the Free Republics advance to the playoffs, third party scorination would be requested.

If you have any questions, comments or if I forgot anything, feel free to post them.
Last edited by Free Republics on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports