NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Gaelic Football Association (NSGFA) OOC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:59 am

Silvacometopia wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:
We could try it. I'll bring it to the floor for debate if that's okay with you.

It seems different from the NSGFL in that NSGFA members and select countries (likely selected by members) can participate. It would likely hold around 16 teams in 4 pots playing each other twice with top 8 to knockouts.

I'd also like to get a summer GFWC started. Any ideas for tentative dates?

Summer? That's a long way away!
We should make the idea of the league into a club thing.

I second this motion

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Vietussia » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Hey guys, it's been awhile...

Shall we set the next GFWC for late July-early August?

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:11 pm

I must ask that members respond promptly. Telegrams will be sent out within the next 48 hours to bring discussion back.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:34 pm

United Vietussia wrote:I must ask that members respond promptly. Telegrams will be sent out within the next 48 hours to bring discussion back.

OK, so GFWC IV? I'll set up a thread tonight.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

BeardedAndroidia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BeardedAndroidia » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Silvacometopia wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:I must ask that members respond promptly. Telegrams will be sent out within the next 48 hours to bring discussion back.

OK, so GFWC IV? I'll set up a thread tonight.

Sounds like a plan.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:45 am

BeardedAndroidia wrote:
Silvacometopia wrote:OK, so GFWC IV? I'll set up a thread tonight.

Sounds like a plan.

Damn, completely forgot.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:40 pm

Silvacometopia wrote:
BeardedAndroidia wrote:Sounds like a plan.

Damn, completely forgot.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=384731
THE THREAD IS NOW UP
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:35 pm

Glad to see the thread up.

I might add that the Champions-League idea from Oisinistan is still on the floor. It can be tabled if a motion is made and a simple majority carries it.

I would motion that members be required to participate in two GFWCs to become members.
Last edited by United Vietussia on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 am

Can I make my suggestion into a motion?

Good news guys, I'm gonna be back to consistent activity by Thursday, so you can expect a lot of RPing from me and YNRistan in the next GFWC!

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Oisinistan wrote:Can I make my suggestion into a motion?

Good news guys, I'm gonna be back to consistent activity by Thursday, so you can expect a lot of RPing from me and YNRistan in the next GFWC!

You might attempt to explain it first.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 am

United Vietussia wrote:
Oisinistan wrote:Can I make my suggestion into a motion?

Okay, I'll make an attempt.

So, each in-game year, a tournament is held between the top clubs in each NSGFA member state. At the moment, there are 8 nations (including YHNRistan) so I would propose that each nation sends forward 2 teams. The competition would begin with 4 groups of 4: group A, B, C and D. Each team in the group would play each other twice. The top two would advance from each group, with the Quarter Final bracket to be as follows: (with group and position)
A1 vs B2 (Q1)
C1 vs D2 (Q2)
A2 vs B1 (Q3)
C2 vs D1 (Q4)

then
Q1 vs Q2
Q3 vs Q4

and then a third place final and a final.

Every year, a country would bid to host the competition, which would mean they would scorinate, and stadiums in their nation would be chosen to host the matches.

Should other members join at some point:
If there is 9 members, only allow 1 team from the bottom 2 nations.
If there is 10 members, only allow 1 team from the bottom 4 nations.
If there is 11 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom nation, who only submit 2 (this would mean the groups would be expanded to 8 groups, the R16 would be as follows:
A1 v B2
C1 vs D2
E1 vs F2
G1 vs H2
A2 vs B1
C2 vs D1
E2 vs F1
G2 vs H1

Then, the winners of match 1 would play match 2, winner of match 3 would play match 4, and so on so forth.)
If there is 12 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom 4, who only submit 2.
If there is 13 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom 6, who only submit 2.
If there is 14 members, allow 2 teams from each nation, except the top 6, who submit 3.
If there is 15 members, allow 2 teams from each nation, except the top 2, who submit 3.
If there is 16 members, allow 2 teams from each nation.)

If you need any more info, or think I should alter it, just leave a reply below.
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:55 am

Oisinistan wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

Okay, I'll make an attempt.

So, each in-game year, a tournament is held between the top clubs in each NSGFA member state. At the moment, there are 8 nations (including YHNRistan) so I would propose that each nation sends forward 2 teams. The competition would begin with 4 groups of 4: group A, B, C and D. Each team in the group would play each other twice. The top two would advance from each group, with the Quarter Final bracket to be as follows: (with group and position)
A1 vs B2 (Q1)
C1 vs D2 (Q2)
A2 vs B1 (Q3)
C2 vs D1 (Q4)

then
Q1 vs Q2
Q3 vs Q4

Every year, a country would bid to host the competition, which would mean they would scorinate, and stadiums in their nation would be chosen to host the matches.

If there is 11 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom nation, who only submit 2 (this would mean the groups would be expanded to 8 groups, the R16 would be as follows:
A1 v B2
C1 vs D2
E1 vs F2
G1 vs H2
A2 vs B1
C2 vs D1
E2 vs F1
G2 vs H1

Then, the winners of match 1 would play match 2, winner of match 3 would play match 4, and so on so forth.)
If there is 12 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom 4, who only submit 2.
If there is 13 members, allow 3 teams from each nation, except the bottom 6, who only submit 2.
If there is 14 members, allow 2 teams from each nation, except the top 6, who submit 3.
If there is 15 members, allow 2 teams from each nation, except the top 2, who submit 3.

If you need any more info, or think I should alter it, just leave a reply below.

What is an 'in-game year''?

How will this be managed with fluid time/different time progression for every nation. Someones year might be two months for someone, someone's year might be ten years for someone.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Ethane wrote:
Oisinistan wrote:Okay, I'll make an attempt.

A1 vs B2 (Q1)
C1 vs D2 (Q2)
A2 vs B1 (Q3)
C2 vs D1 (Q4)

then
Q1 vs Q2
Q3 vs Q4

A1 v B2
C1 vs D2
E1 vs F2
G1 vs H2
A2 vs B1
C2 vs D1
E2 vs F1
G2 vs H1

What is an 'in-game year''?

How will this be managed with fluid time/different time progression for every nation. Someones year might be two months for someone, someone's year might be ten years for someone.

That would be something for the member nations to decide.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I remind you that signups are open. Some member nations haven't signed up.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:06 pm

I think an in-game year tends to be 3 months for us, considering that's how long we wait between championships.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 am

United Vietussia wrote:I think an in-game year tends to be 3 months for us, considering that's how long we wait between championships.

Yeah, that's about right I'd say.

BeardedAndroidia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby BeardedAndroidia » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:37 am

United Vietussia wrote:I remind you that signups are open. Some member nations haven't signed up.

Who hasn't signed up yet?

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:03 am

BeardedAndroidia wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:I remind you that signups are open. Some member nations haven't signed up.

Who hasn't signed up yet?

Most have at this point. I think Oisinistan compiled a list.

Monoratzi
Civilian

Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monoratzi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:06 pm

I am breaking the silence!

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:56 pm

Monoratzi wrote:I am breaking the silence!

Thanks
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

Greater Australandia-Icelandia
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Australandia-Icelandia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:44 am

Well, my Rival, YHNRistan has to offend.

So, I keep it up.

#CarpeDiem

Youhavenorightsistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Youhavenorightsistan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 am

Greater Australandia-Icelandia wrote:Well, my Rival, YHNRistan has to offend.

So, I keep it up.

#CarpeDiem

What the faigh did you just faighing say about me, you little cac? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Evil Dictator University and Cafe, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Kilmoria, and I have over 200 million confirmed slaves. I am trained in anarchic warfare and I’m the top leader in the entire continent. You are nothing to me but just another infidel. I will wipe you the faigh out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my faighing words. You think you can get away with saying that cac to me over the Internet? Think again, faigher. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the world and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for your own execution, amadan. The one bullet to the head that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your freedom. You’re faighing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can enslave you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in enslaving people like you, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Youhavenorightsistanian Military and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little cac. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your faighing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will spit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re faighing dead, kiddo.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:12 am

Youhavenorightsistan: Please try to keep the discussion on topic, and don't spam the thread. This is a discussion thread for the Nationstates Gaelic Football Association, not a page to be posting that. Thank you. Lets keep it on topic.

In other news: I am currently drafting some legislation to add to the organisational constitution, which will legislate for other parts of Gaelic Football not dictated in the current constitution.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:08 am

Hi all,

I'll keep this as short as I can.

I have just read through all of the comments made in the other thread, and while I understand that some people may be disappointed by the result, I really can't control what's going on right now. It's just a case of bad timing.

BeardedAndroidia had told me that he went on holidays, and while I do believe it was foolish of him to volunteer himself knowing he wasn't going to be able to host, we should give him a break. It would've been his first time hosting, and with not much experience, he should get one last chance.

I hope you aren't too upset with me, and although I probably won't be able to continue the current tournament as it is now, the show must go on. I think we should redo the whole tournament, new host, new participants, new thread. Any comments are appreciated.

Sincerely,
Silvacometopia.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am

I'm with Silvacometopia on this one. We need to make a new thread.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports