NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates Gaelic Football Association (NSGFA) OOC

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:50 pm

viewtopic.php?p=28474871#p28474871

Host bidding is now close, voting is up.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:07 pm

We have 23 signups...
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Vietussia » Mon May 02, 2016 5:21 pm

Alright guys, pots are going up soon and first RPs will be available for posting.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Mon May 02, 2016 5:33 pm

So my thoughts are, based on the results of this GFWC:

Use the top 8 (playoff qualifiers) for Division I
Use the next 8 for Division II
Use bottom 8 for Division III

The divisions can be continued until the next GFWC, in which division champions are crowned, DIVISION rankings and reset (instead of the GFWC world rankings suggested in previous posts) and the next GFWC begins (if clarification is needed, speak now or forever hold your peace).

If any nations are unable to participate, replacements can be found.
Last edited by United Vietussia on Mon May 02, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon May 02, 2016 5:49 pm

United Vietussia wrote:So my thoughts are, based on the results of this GFWC:

The divisions can be continued until the next GFWC, in which division champions are crowned and the next GFWC begins (if clarification is needed, speak now or forever hold your peace).

Just to put it out there, I do suggest we open signups for it so we can get unranked players as well, which can fill in the lower leagues.

I would say get the signups out now. Furthermore, we will have to ask every participant if they wish to be in this.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Mon May 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Ethane wrote:

The divisions can be continued until the next GFWC, in which division champions are crowned and the next GFWC begins (if clarification is needed, speak now or forever hold your peace).

Just to put it out there, I do suggest we open signups for it so we can get unranked players as well, which can fill in the lower leagues.

I would say get the signups out now. Furthermore, we will have to ask every participant if they wish to be in this.

Or we could have a Division 4, full of unranked teams.
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Mon May 02, 2016 11:51 pm

Silvacometopia wrote:
Ethane wrote:Just to put it out there, I do suggest we open signups for it so we can get unranked players as well, which can fill in the lower leagues.

I second that motion.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 03, 2016 7:40 am

The divisions can be continued until the next GFWC, in which division champions are crowned, DIVISION rankings and reset (instead of the GFWC world rankings suggested in previous posts) and the next GFWC begins (if clarification is needed, speak now or forever hold your peace).

I second this motion. I propose we not count the league towards ranking, however, it affects how you are placed next Gaelic Football League. Also, when are we planning to host presidential election.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Ethane wrote:

Can someone set this up? I'm prepping for finals...

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 3:44 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:

I second this motion. I propose we not count the league towards ranking, however, it affects how you are placed next Gaelic Football League. Also, when are we planning to host presidential election.

After the current GFWC.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Oisinistan wrote:
Silvacometopia wrote:Or we could have a Division 4, full of unranked teams.

I second that motion.

I will put it to a vote for the NSGFA.

Asia Philippines and Russia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Asia Philippines and Russia » Tue May 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Can we join?

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 4:13 pm

Asia Philippines and Russia wrote:Can we join?

Under constitution amendment II.2, you will have to post a roster and at least two RPs in this Gaelic Football World Championship to be eligible for membership.

Noksentin
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Noksentin » Tue May 03, 2016 4:27 pm

Silvacometopia wrote:
Ethane wrote:Just to put it out there, I do suggest we open signups for it so we can get unranked players as well, which can fill in the lower leagues.

I agree with this.
The Noksen Federation

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 4:35 pm

With 4 approvals of the Division 4 notion, the notion will pass.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 03, 2016 4:50 pm

United Vietussia wrote:With 4 approvals of the Division 4 notion, the notion will pass.

So each division has 6 teams in it?

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:With 4 approvals of the Division 4 notion, the notion will pass.

It'd be a fourth division for unranked teams.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:

No, I believe each division will have 8, as we decided Division 4 will have only UR teams.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue May 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Silvacometopia wrote:

I cautiously second this proposal.

I do feel that a better alternative would be to put a few more teams in each conference, but with the 8 teams per conference number, I would accept this proposal.
Esportivan and Proud.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 pm

United Vietussia wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:So each division has 6 teams in it?

No, I believe each division will have 8, as we decided Division 4 will have only UR teams.

But we only have 24 teams that signed up. If we have eight teams in each division, we only have enough teams for three divisions. Regardless of rank.

United Vietussia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby United Vietussia » Tue May 03, 2016 5:09 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

But we only have 24 teams that signed up. If we have eight teams in each division, we only have enough teams for three divisions. Regardless of rank.

We planned on holding signups for Division 4.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 03, 2016 5:13 pm

United Vietussia wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:But we only have 24 teams that signed up. If we have eight teams in each division, we only have enough teams for three divisions. Regardless of rank.

We planned on holding signups for Division 4.

So it's conditional based in sign-ups?

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue May 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
United Vietussia wrote:

We would probably have to ask the current competitors if they wish to compete in the league as well...
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Tue May 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Ethane wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:But we only have 24 teams that signed up. If we have eight teams in each division, we only have enough teams for three divisions. Regardless of rank.

We would probably have to ask the current competitors if they wish to compete in the league as well...

Considering I don't recollect it being mentioned in the op.
Esportivan and Proud.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue May 03, 2016 5:18 pm

Ethane wrote:
Ethane wrote:We would probably have to ask the current competitors if they wish to compete in the league as well...

Considering I don't recollect it being mentioned in the op.

Frenline Delpha wrote: Also, we are starting up a mid-tournament Gaelic Football League, so how you do in this tournament will decide where you go in that tournament. We hope you do well, and we wish you the best of luck.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports