NATION

PASSWORD

Olympic Committee of The Western Isles (IC, TWI ONLY)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Covonant
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Ashur Baptiste opened his briefcase and took out a document. He then turned on his mic and spoke.

"I have with me an official document from the Union listing the events that has been recommended by our Ministry of Sports, Culture and Entertainment for the Winter Olympics"

Ice Hockey
Skeleton
Bobsled/Bobsleigh (Two-man, Two-woman and Four man)
Speed Skating
Luge
Figure Skating (Men's singles, Ladies' singles, Pairs, Teams and Ice dancing)
Curling
Short track speed skating (500m, 1,000m, 1,500m, and relays)
Cross country skiing
Alpine skiing
Biathlon
Freestyle skiing
Ski jumping
Snowboard
TO APPLY FOR EMBASSY SELECT LINK: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=351134

Doppler
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Xrevaro wrote:Vidorxqé cleared his throat and then spoke.
"I made a list in advance. I think the winter olymipics should have the following," He spoke clearly and handed each delegate a paper to see the sports he proposed.
    1.Ice Hockey
    2.Figure Skating
    •(Men's singles, Ladies' singles, Pairs, Team and Ice Dancing)
    3.Speed Skating
    4.Short Track Speed Skating
    •(500m, 1,000m, 1,500 m and Relays)
    5.Alpine Skiing
    •(Downhill, Super G, Giant slalom, Slalom, Super Combined)
    6.Freestyle Skiing
    •(Aerials, Moguls, Ski Cross, Ski halfpipe and Ski slopestyle)
    7.Snowboarding
    •(Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe and Snowboard Cross and Slopestyle)
    8.Biathlon
    •(combining cross-country skiing and target shooting: individual, sprint, pursuit, mass start & relay events)
    9.Cross-Country Skiing
    •(individual and team sprint, freestyle, pursuit, classical and relays)
    10.Ski Jumping
    11.Nordic Combined
    •(ski jumping and cross country skiing)
    12.Team alpine skiing
    13.Ski mountaineering
    14.Ski-orienteering
    15.Winter triathlon
    •(involving running, mountain biking and cross-country skiing all on snow)
"I do believe number 15 should be a must."

"I don't think that 15 should be a must.
occ reasons (Xcorinate wont have it)
but I like the addition of slope style."
Proud member of The Western Isles
Please, call me Doppy

Dashgrinaar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dashgrinaar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Archré cleared her throat, and began speaking. A musical accent was in her voice, especially when she said her name.

"I am Archré Vivia, from Dashgrinaar. For now, I am going to refer to the list outlined by the Xrevarian delegate, and suggest what sports that we should include in this year's Olympics.

It is imperative that we include Ice Hockey (1), Speed Skating (3), and Figure Skating (2). We should also entertain the ideas of most ski and correlated sports.

However, before we draw these sports up, we should determine a host, as if we know the host, we know the geography, location, etc., so we can determine what events can not happen."
Dashgrinaar
Proud Member of The Western Isles
Speaker Pro Tempore and Senator Emeritus
Vice President of The Western Isles

Xrevaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xrevaro » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:53 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:Archré cleared her throat, and began speaking. A musical accent was in her voice, especially when she said her name.

"I am Archré Vivia, from Dashgrinaar. For now, I am going to refer to the list outlined by the Xrevarian delegate, and suggest what sports that we should include in this year's Olympics.

It is imperative that we include Ice Hockey (1), Speed Skating (3), and Figure Skating (2). We should also entertain the ideas of most ski and correlated sports.

However, before we draw these sports up, we should determine a host, as if we know the host, we know the geography, location, etc., so we can determine what events can not happen."

"I can guarentee that Xrevaro will be able to house all the needs of the Winter Olympics. IOur climate and geography are perfect for such an event." He paused and then finally introduced himself.
"I am Vidorxqé of Xrevaro."
Last edited by Xrevaro on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Information on Xrevaro:
Xrevaro Wiki

Myrtillia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Myrtillia » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:08 pm

Dashgrinaar wrote:Archré cleared her throat, and began speaking. A musical accent was in her voice, especially when she said her name.

Luchien stands up again and says "Myrtillia would be happy to host this years winter Olympics! We are a temperate nation leaning towards the cold side, a small central mountain range with about 12 smallish mountains, we have beautiful blueberry covered landscape. We are experiencing an economic boom at this time. I promise you all that we can provide what you need. We also have several other smaller islands with similar but different geographies."
Last edited by Myrtillia on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callumstan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Callumstan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:57 am

Gordon rose again, looking towards Archré, after pondering what his response would be. "To go back to the point Ms Vivia made, should we not decide the sports first, then we can rule out countries that are unable to facilitate the sports that we pick, rather than limiting ourselves based on the geography of a nation?" Gordon sat down and went back to his notes

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

Callumstan wrote:

Gordon rose again, looking towards Archré, after pondering what his response would be. "To go back to the point Ms Vivia made, should we not decide the sports first, then we can rule out countries that are unable to facilitate the sports that we pick, rather than limiting ourselves based on the geography of a nation?" Gordon sat down and went back to his notes

"I agree," Augustus said. "I'm sure lotsa people want to get the glory of hosting the thing, but knowing what you're getting into is more important."
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Jagellion
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagellion » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:40 pm

"Jagellion would love to host the Winter Olympics. We are in the northwest part of our region, and cold in the mainland and very cold in The Strolsk Islands. In the center it is very mountainous as well."
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!
Proud Philadelphian and Jew
Also all about them Flyers! Phillies! and Sixers! TTP
My TG box is open for anything, especially funny jokes and stories.

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:16 am

Jagellion wrote:

"Jagellion would love to host the Winter Olympics. We are in the northwest part of our region, and cold in the mainland and very cold in The Strolsk Islands. In the center it is very mountainous as well."

"I think we should start to rule out the sports from the suggested list from xrevaro first."
Please, call me Doppy

Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 am

"The last three options on the Xrevaran list are the easiest to rule out, in my opinion," said Blaine. "Too little action for too much work."
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

Olympic Committee of TWI
Attaché

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Olympic Committee of TWI » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 am

Due to Xkorinate not having all the events purposed in Xervaros wonderful list we are going to have to cut some short. And the fact that there are a ton of subcategories.

"Thank you for the wonderful list Vidorxqé Rakenvín, we will use this. Now this will be the sports that we shall use,
1.Ice Hockey
2.Figure Skating
•(Men's singles, Ladies' singles, Pairs)
3.Speed Skating
•(500m, 1,000m and Relays)
5.Alpine Skiing
•(Downhill, Giant slalom, Slalom)
6.Freestyle Skiing
•(Aerials, Moguls)
7.Snowboarding
•(Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe and Snowboard Cross)
8.Biathlon
•(combining cross-country skiing and target shooting: individual, sprint, mass start)
9.Cross-Country Skiing
•(individual, classical)
10.Ski Jumping
11.Nordic Combined
(mens individual normal hill)

"Now please state any problems with this list or please suggest any more sport ideas. Voting for this list to be put into action shall begin in 6 hours."
Last edited by Olympic Committee of TWI on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myrtillia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Myrtillia » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:38 am

Luchien stands up "As I said earlier, I believe Ice Football should be played."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Mr. Baptiste stood and spoke "I strongly recommend the adding of Bobsled/Bobsleigh and Curling to the list.

Callumstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Callumstan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Mr Gordon rose again "As I have stated before, I think skeleton would be a good inclusion in these games."

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:21 pm

Callumstan wrote:Mr Gordon rose again "As I have stated before, I think skeleton would be a good inclusion in these games."

Mr. Baptiste quickly approved with the suggestions by Mr. Gordon where he stated "I also agree with the representative from Callumstan on including skeleton, in fact it is also listed on the recommended events by the Ministry of Sports."

Doppler
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 pm

"Yes skeleton, Ludge, and bobsled shall be added. Curling perhaps? Although curling is a pretty boring sport perhaps..."
Please, call me Doppy

Olympic Committee of TWI
Attaché

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Olympic Committee of TWI » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:43 pm

"Here is the list so far,
1.Ice Hockey
2.Figure Skating
•(Men's singles, Ladies' singles, Pairs)
3.Speed Skating
•(500m, 1,000m)
5.Alpine Skiing
•(Downhill, Giant slalom, Slalom)
6.Freestyle Skiing
•(Aerials, Moguls)
7.Biathlon
•(combining cross-country skiing and target shooting: individual, sprint, mass start)
8.Cross-Country Skiing
•(individual, classical)
9.Ski Jumping
10. Bobsleigh
(4 man, 2 woman)
11. Skeleton
(Men and Womens)
12. Luge
(Men and Woman).

Voting period is now open, you have 24 hours to vote."

Xrevaro
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Xrevaro » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm

"I am pleased with it. I vote aye."
Information on Xrevaro:
Xrevaro Wiki

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:20 pm

"And I also, AYE."
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Covonant
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Covonant » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:44 pm

I vote Aye

Callumstan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Callumstan » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:11 am