NATION

PASSWORD

IBS X- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Cut off.
Today's winner wins the Losers' Bracket.

Ethane                 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0  0
The Sword Bloke 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 1

Ethane is eliminated.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:24 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five Part Six Part Seven Part Eight Part Nine Part Ten Part Eleven Part Twelve Part Thirteen Part Fourteen Part Fifteen

There's the Way, Where's the Will?, Part Sixteen

"I'm here," Japheth Koppelberg said as he went into the dining room. He was dressed in a black shirt with yellow trim with the number 6 on the back below the name JAPHETH, along with a pair of black shorts. He had just changed into these sports clothes of his in preparation for a coming volleyball game against a bunch of visiting Estelarians who were looking to play one of their favorite games away from home against local opposition. In the kitchen was a very large bowl of pasta and rice and a bunch of bananas, a huge source of pre-game carbohydrates if he ever saw one. His sister Smiley Koppelberg was already at the table eating pasta with an artist friend of hers, Hillary Landers. Hillary was just a year older than Japheth, but because of their different backgrounds they weren't anything more than friends.

"Nice to see you here, Japh," Hillary said as he sat down across the table from her and began ladling pasta into his plate. "Anyway, Smiles, as I was saying, just as I arrived at the location for the shoot... boom! Aunt Flo pays me a freaking visit right then and there!"

"The irony," Smiley muttered as she twisted pasta around her fork and brought it all up to her mouth. "Getting your period right in time for a maxi pad commercial."

"Yeah, and of course stupid me's got only a light tampon in my snatch just in case something like this happened," Hillary continued. "You know how I am, Smiles. When it comes at the end of the month like it did back then, my flow's really, really heavy. Luckily it was a maxi pad commercial, so they've got the exact type and brand that I'm trying to advertise for them ready 'just in case.'"

"And?"

"Believe it or not, they work! And you really can't see them through that white dress that they made me wear for that commercial, even when it was, like, one of the biggest pads that they've got! It absorbs even the biggest gushes!"

"And I'm out," Japheth muttered as he took his plate of pasta with him. The topic of women's hygiene did not sit well with spaghetti bolognese, especially if the spaghetti sauce was dark red and molasses-like. "I'll be eating in front of the computer if you need me," he added.

"Was it something I said?" Hillary asked.

"You really shouldn't have been talking about your menstruation issues while he's eating spaghetti like this," Smiley replied as she slapped at the sauce pooling in her plate.

"I'm innocent, I tell you; innocent!" another male voice cried out, this time from the TV room just beside the dining room. "Now who the heck is that?" Hillary asked.

"Just my older brother Matt," Smiley replied. "He's just recovering from a bender last night and sleeping off the hangover."

"Who's hungover?" Matt asked in a slurring tone from the couch in front of the massive flatscreen TV in the room. He looked down at the cellphone that was miraculously still in his hand after he had crashed into the sofa, where he saw the latest linescore from the International Baseball Slam. The Abanhfleft Revolution, which had been performing well in the knockout stages, had been upset by Coconut Isle, which was performing just in the middle before their surprise victory over the Revolution. Abanhfleft wasn't still out of the competition because of the competition's unique format, but it would've been better if they had won that game as well. "Rat bastards," he muttered before he remembered going out and watching the game live, even though he had sufficiently proven that every time that he watched a game, the Revolution lost.

"God, I feel rotten," Matt muttered as he rose up from the couch. "What's going on, Smiles?" he asked his sister. And then he noticed the other girl on the dining table. "Who's your friend, Smiley?" he asked.

"This is Hillary Landers," Smiley said, introducing Hillary. "That's my brother Matt Koppelberg. Hil here's going to be playing volleyball with Japheth and me. Some Estelarians wanted to play some volleyball with the locals, and Hil and I took them up on their offer. We've got a god side assembled, but we still need some reinforcements and reserves. It's still not too late to join up, Matt."

"Uh, no thanks," Matt replied. "My tongue's still too dry to even think about drinking cold water or Gatorade," he said as he proceeded to the refrigerator and drank some milk straight from the jug. "Ah, that hit the spot. What I would like to do, though, is get to know Hillary better. So, Hillary, Smiley here says you're an artiste. Is there any truth to that claim of hers?"

"Matt, don't," Smiley muttered. "And you, Hil, don't encourage him."

"Why?" Hillary asked. "What's wrong with him or answering him?"

"Don't you have to fix our kit before we leave?" Smiley said to Hillary.

"All right, I'm leaving," Hillary said, raising her hands in surrender before standing up and walking out. Matt stole a glance at her swaying backside before turning back to his sister.

"I have to say that I was a bit disappointed by that," he told Smiley. "She's got so little fat in her arse that there's little potential for a badoinkadoink. You could a helicopter on her back!"

"Matt, please, stop it," Smiley said through gritted teeth. "She's a highly valued client of mine, and I won't let your womanizing ways get the better of her!"

"Why? What's wrong with getting to know her a little?"

"Oh, please! Your idea of getting to know a woman a little is getting her drunk or horny enough to strip off her clothes herself and leaving you more than enough time to get to know every contour and every birthmark on her body! You may have done it with dozens of women. You may have done it with Irene the Stalker. But I sure as hell ain't going to let you do that to my client!"

"Oh, come on. What's a little spot of rumpy-pumpy ever done to harm anybody?"

"Think with your brain and not with your dick for a moment, man! You're twice as old as she is! And remember that you're still wanted by the RBI! If some paparazzo happens to catch you two in the act then that's you in the slammer and her career as a teen star ruined! On second thought, though... getting her in an affair with an older man could get her into some more... adult roles."

"Oh, my God, Ruslana," Matt said with a grin. "You really are a real dirty capitalist pig!"

"Not by choice," Smiley retorted. "Okay, it's pretty much by choice. But the money is just so good!"

"I know, right?"

"Hey, you two!" Hillary Landers called out from the living room. "Are you two gonna join me and Japh in the car or what?"

Hillary had changed into her volleyball uniform, and Smiley suddenly noticed the look of discomfort in Matt's face, a look that was nevertheless mixed with some underlying happiness. "Go get dressed up, you horndog," she told her brother. "Take your time, if you want."

"Oh, I will take my time all right," Matt muttered as he positively ran for his bedroom.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Who will advance to the championship? Abanhfleft or Coconut Isle?

Game 6
Abanhfleft Revolution 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 2 1 0 0 2 1 0 X 6

Advance to championship
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:17 pm

SCHILTZBERG CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
If the United States of Devonta Thundersticks win, they advance to the IBS Championship Round for the second year in a row, and if The Sword Bloke Thunder win, neither team will be eliminated, as it is a double elimination, and a second game will follow directly after that, and the winner will advance to the IBS Championship Round.

The Sword Bloke Thunder                     0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 2  6
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 6 X 10

The Sword Bloke is eliminated.

The United States of Devonta Thundersticks are the Schiltzberg Conference Champions, and will compete against the Coconut Isle Dwarfs in the International Baseball Slam X Finals!
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:53 pm

Games 1 and 2 Cut-Off

Game 1
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 2 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 7
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3

Game 2
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 0 6 0 2 0 0 2 X 10

Coconut Isle leads series 2-0
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Games 3-4 Cut-off

Possible elimination games are spoilered.

Coconut Isle Dwarfs                         0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 5  8
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

United States of Devonta Thundersticks      2 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0  4
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

The comeback is real! Coconut Isle still leads 3-1, going into games 5-6 tomorrow. Good luck to both opponents in the upcoming games.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:33 am

Will we have a winner today, or will a game 7 be forced? Find out soon.

Game 5
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 2 0 0 2 2 0 3 0 1 10
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Your IBS X Champion

Congratulations to Coconut (Xclorp) Island for winning the title. If you wish, I will send you a picture of a trophy I made for this event. Commiserations to Devonta. Now, on to special thank you's.

Thanks to San Llera for helping us with Group E.
Thanks to Greg for starting the sign-ups for this tournament.
Thanks to Schiltzberg for his help.
And thanks to everyone who posted a roster and/or RP in this tournament. You have saved the IBS. :clap:
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:29 pm

Thanks guys, it's been a great tournament. Will definitely enter again!

Pulunia
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pulunia » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:16 am

Great tournament and congrats to the winner.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:25 pm

Third-Place Playoff

Game 1
The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 4 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 7
Abanhfleft Revolution 0 0 0 0 5 1 0 0 1 9 16

Game 2
Abanhfleft Revolution 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 3 5
The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 4

Sorry about that. Anyways, Abanhfleft is crowned with the bronze medal. Congrats.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports