NATION

PASSWORD

IBS X- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Sebastian Garnet, to TV5 Sports
You know, It's getting harder. We couldn't wait the teams kept itself in lower level. We need to mend our pieces and recover from this cruel calendar.

But "hey, these are the Arminhos, they always win. Even with a small margin, they always win. Am I wrong?"

You're wrong. Completely. These guys are all semi-pros or college students. They don't live only to play baseball.They can fail. What we can do? Support them. Support their local games also. Support the Lisander Baseball Trophy. Support the College Baseball Trophy. Help to fundraise sport and give support if you can.

Today Arminhos had a rough last inning against Oisinistan Red Storm. Lisander have opened 5-0 with Hansen, Hirano, Yokoyama and Argan, but replacement pitchers hadn't the same patience of Tiago Porter. The Red Storm attacked Lisander and in 9th ending, they made 6-5 with one man in second base. We should thank Jah and thank Andreas Monteiro for that Fly-out.

Now we must rest our hearts. All of us watching and all of the players in Schiltzberg. The war isn't over.

Lisander Arminhos                           0 2 2 0 1 0 1 0 0  6
Oisinistan Red Storm 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 5
Last edited by Lisander on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:46 am

Part One Part Two Part Three

There's the Way, Where's the Will?, Part Four

A new day dawned over Riuwiee as Ruslana "Smiley" Koppelberg woke up and went down to the kitchen from her room. Her younger brother Japheth was already gone, off to university early, or so he says. Smiley had been a college student herself and knew the tricks that students Japhy's age pulled off just to get some little more "extracurricular activities" out of the way before they really went to school, if they ever went to school at all. But as long as Japhy turned in decent grades, Smiley couldn't care less about what her brother did outside of school and home, as long as he didn't get hurt.

Smiley's other brother, Matthew, entered the kitchen from the guestroom that he was using as a temporary bedroom, at least until the manhunt for him was finally called off. He had his hands on his head, and as he sat down beside Smiley he reached for the jug of milk beside her and drank straight from it.

"You were awfully quiet last night," Smiley said to him in greeting. "What happened to the girl you brought in?"

"I was too angry to even have angry sex with her," Matt replied in a hushed voice. "But I think she did raped me after I fell asleep. When I woke up, she was gone. And can you please tone down your voice? I can hear my heart beat in my chest."

"What's gotten you so drunk and angry at the same time?" Smiley asked.

"I hate San Llera," Matt replied.

"I'm sorry, what was that again?" Smiley asked. Matt's voice had dropped off until it was barely audible by human ears.

"With the fury of a thousand suns," Matt added. "The one time that I finally watch the IBS again and the fucking San Llerans go and win against us! It just isn't fair! I mean, why couldn't they just not score a run and let us force extra innings? It's just unbelievable!"

"Well then maybe you shouldn't be watching the IBS again," Smiley replied. "I think this bad luck runs in the family. I watched part of the World Baseball Classic in Saintland and every time I watched, the Revolution lost. When I didn't watch the last group game against Alastonia, we won 25-4."

Matt positively spat out his milk. "What!" he almost shouted. "25-4!?"

"Yeah! I couldn't believe it myself!" Smiley said, raising her arms in mock disbelief. "And then I watched the playoffs against the same nation. You know what happened? Alastonia 6, Abanhfleft 2. I mean, every time I watch the Revolution, they play like absolute shit! It's gotta be us watching them."

"I don't know whether to believe that or not," Matt muttered. "All right, I'll be in my room, Smiles. I'm going to be drying myself out in there. If anyone asks for me, tell them I'm dead." Matt then stood up, took the jug of milk with him and left the dining room.

It was midday when Smiley next saw Matt out of his room again. His hair was wet and matted, as if he had come out of a really, really long soak in the bathtub. He only had a blue cotton towel wrapped around his waist to cover up the necessary bits, but his finely toned abs and pectorals were still very much visible. If Smiley was into incest then she would've found Matt hot and "very fuckable" in her own words, but since she wasn't into incest then she thought nothing about Matt's current appearance.

"Smiley, I need your help," Matt asked as he walked up to his sister, who was sitting in front of her computer surfing the Internet. Smiley turned around to face Matt, inadvertently revealing a plate of cheese sticks on her lap. "Cheese at noon? Seriously?" Matt added.

"I like dairy products," Smiley muttered. "All right, what was it you originally wanted to ask me about?"

"As you know, I am currently in hiding from the RBI because of a scam that has earned me quite a lot of money. But I can't really touch that money unless I want to reveal myself to the goddamned Blues, so I'm basically technically penniless and without money. And I need some of that good stuff back because my liquid assets are running out and fast. I need the money to pay up some people that's been keeping me safe for the meanwhile."

"Is there any point to this train of thought?" Smiley asked.

"I need to look for a job, Smiles," Matt replied. "And I need a job that doesn't ask a lot of questions about me. You know, on the down low and all that. Is there anywhere I can look for such a job?"

Smiley looked at Matt for a minute, and then she opened her mouth and laughed. She laughed long and hard. She laughed so hard that her body was shaking like she was afflicted by convulsions, and the plate of cheese sticks on her lap nearly fell off before she managed to get her hands on it and catch it. Some spit actually made its way out of the corner of her mouth before she finally managed to control herself. "Oh, Mattie, you are such a joker!" she finally managed to say. "There ain't no jobs like that here in Riuwiee, brother! And what jobs there are that don't ask for your name and basic information are involved in stuff that will only get you into much deeper shit with the RBI than what you're already in right now. Trust me, Matt, you're better off just staying here at my home until all your crap blows over."

"But I have to get some more penenks to fund my lifestyle," Matt said. "I need a source of income, Smiley, and quick!"

"Couldn't you just, you know, stop being such a hedonistic sponsor of drunken and drugged debauchery?" Smiley asked.

"And miss out on the joys of life? No way, Jose," Matt said with an emphatic shake of the head. "If you're not gonna help me then will you let me help you? It looks like you're doing some good work over there?"

"Shut up," Smiley said. "You know nothing, Matthew Koppelberg! You know nothing about how us talent agents work! You know nothing of the devious ways in which we secure contracts for our clients!"

"Just go get yourself some new cheese sticks, Smiley."

"And I will," Smiley said with a huff before standing up and leaving her computer for the kitchen. Matt waited until Smiley was well within the kitchen before sitting down in front of her computer. It turned out that Smiley was actually watching an episode of the TV series The Interceptors. He thought about closing the window and making Smiley lose her progress in the video, but then a message popped up saying that she had an incoming video call. Matt looked around for a moment and then he answered the call.

A woman in her sixties or late fifties looked back at him from either a cellphone camera or a webcam or whatever it was that allowed people make video calls now. "Oh, hello," she said as she laid her eyes on Matt for the first time. "And who might you be, young man? Where's Smiley, by the way? Are you her boyfriend?"

"Her boyfriend?" Matt repeated with a timid laugh. "Don't be silly, miss! I'm her brother Matt. Although it should be said that if you don't have a husband or boyfriend then I'm available."

"Ooh," the woman laughed coquettishly. "Stop it, young man! You're making me blush!"

"All right, I'll stop," Matt said, raising his hands in surrender. "But I have to ask, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Well, yes, actually. I just wanted to ask Smiley if she was finally able to get in contact with the event organizers for my new gig."

"You have a gig?" Matt asked. "You, madam, are a good example to people in their late fifties and early sixties. I salute you."

"Ooh, you're making me blush again!"

"Matt, what are you doing!?" Smiley demanded as she came out of the kitchen carrying her cheese sticks. As she pushed Matt out of the chair she turned to her computer and said, "I'm sorry for my brother, Mrs. Jones. He's new around here."

"Oh, I don't mind," Mrs. Jones replied. "He's said some good things about me, you know."

"I don't doubt that," Smiley said, giving Matt an aside glance. She then mouthed to him "Get out of here!" and pushed him away.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:45 am

National Interest

Have you ever joined something and later regretted it? That is a complete 180-turn from the feelings I have towards NationStates and my experiences with it. It was September 10th, in the year 2014. The classroom was feeling a little cold, as per the norm. I was still a wide-eyed freshman in high school, barely a month into the high school experience. There was one thing I could say about myself back then: my iPad was my life. I had never owned a piece of portable technology that was so fantastic. The games, and forums, it permitted me access to were astounding. I had barely scratched the surface, though. I would soon find that out.

When I walked into Spanish, taught by Mrs. Wolfe, that day, I didn't expect anything life changing to happen. In retrospect, nothing of that scale did happen, but the event was still quite a significant feature in my short life. I say that because I have sunk hours into the game, and the forums are no different. The way I got introduced to NationStates was by the word of a friend. Luke, the aforementioned friend, was playing something on his iPad, and I looked over to see what it was. After seeing that foreign screen that would become quite familiar to me, I asked him what he was playing. He told me that it was an online simulator where you could create your own nation and run it how you want. Naturally, that kind of power appealed to me, so I checked it out. I was hooked soon afterwards, and that was the day I discovered NationStates.

I had done the entire NS "thing" for a day, and I was having fun. I had changed my national flag to that of an Anaconda, I had edited my setting so that I would have the maximum two issues per day. The issues were queries where you could decide how you would react to it. One issue involved public nudity, which I allowed. Another involved the banning of video games, which I denied faster than Sonic the hedgehog on monster. The entire time, there was this one tab at the bottom of the page, labeled forum, that caught my eye. I had recently joined a different forum, and I was having fun with that. It didn't take long for me to click that tab and see what the so-called forum was about. One of the first things I noticed about the forum was that it seemed to haunt every aspect of this particular forum. The default player names were in green, and all the sub-forums had their titles placed in green. Overall, it was what you would expect, as in nothing special, or so I thought. It didn't take long for me to notice a special place that drew me in. That place was called NSSports.

That leads me straight into my next topic. My first day with NSSports went well enough. I looked on the first page, and I noticed these read titled "(Sign-up)." After reading the original post, I decided to try it. That tournament would be the International Baseball Slam VIII. After signing up, I waited for the tournament to start. One thing about NSSports is the fact that you need patience. You have to wait for a host vote to finish. You have to wait for the everything thread, and then you have to wait for the results to be produced by the host(s) each day. I liken it to a free-to-pay game where you can't gem the wait times. It's actually quite fun. You write reports of how your team is doing, based on the results produced by the hosts. It actually helps to be good a writing to help your team win in NSSports. That tournament, I didn't advance past the group stage, and there was some controversy involving that tournament. Overall, however, I found the experience enjoyable, and I have participated in NSSports ever since.

Now, I wasn't always so experienced with the workings of NSSports, so I obviously had to start somewhere. That somewhere ended up being the International Baseball Slam XIII edition. The IBS (as it's commonly referred to as) is a smaller baseball tournament than the World Baseball Classic (I know, so original). The WBC is the premier baseball tournament on NationStates, but the IBS is a fun little event that generally serves as a prelude to the WBC. The sign-up page is operated by Gregoryisgodistan, at least until a host is decided upon. It actually has one of the more extreme sign-up processes, save the Olympics, of NSSports. Normally, a sign up is just saying 'I am in,' or the like, in the designated sign-up thread. However, to sign up for the IBS, participants must list an IC name, usually the name of their country, a nickname, and a three letter code used to identify your nation. This is known as a trigramme. This was changed recently for the tenth edition, as the trigramme was dropped by Gregoryisgodistan. Since no one put up a host bid for IBS XIII, Greg himself did, and it was accepted, giving him hosting rights. After he put up the everything thread, I put both my roster and my puppet's, Minecraft Miners, roster. Albeit, my puppet's roster was of quite less quality. Despite this fact, my puppet ended up doing better than my main nation in that first game, as Minecraft Miners won. Neither of them won their second games, though, and the outlook was bleak for my noob self. Thankfully, both nations won their respective game threes, making Frenline Delpha's record 1-2, while Minecraft Miners was sitting at second in their group at 2-1. Both ended up losing the next game, but at this point, I hadn't posted an RP, so it shouldn't have been very surprising. However, I did end up posting an RP for that game. It was a one liner that read: "Frenline Delpha drops out of the IBS due to the newly input policy of isolationism." That's right. My first sports RP was a moronic one liner. As I looked back at that post, I realized how stupid I had been. I was actually quite embarrassed. However, Minecraft Miners was the one to win their fifth game, while Frenline Delpha dropped theirs. In the sixth and final game, Minecraft Miners was able to win their group outright with a record of 4-2. They were placed as the sixth seed for the upcoming playoff. While I was waiting for the tiebreaker games to finish up, I actually wrote an Rp with Minecraft Miners. It was a short recap of the game leading up to that point, and saying that we were group champions. However, we ended up losing in two games to the eventual runners-up, Nova Anglicana. It was a disappointing start to my NSSports career, but I didn't let it completely discourage me.

Not everything I did in my first couple months was as fun and joyous as that tournament. In fact, there was one moment from my early days of NationStates that has left me with an extremely bitter taste in my mouth, even to this day. I created a region called the White Hope. Now, before you accuse me of white supremacy, I have a perfectly logical reason for giving it that name. It was a polar opposite of a raider region that I despised, the Black Riders. Raiders are a despicable part of NationStates. They flood a nation with puppets in an attempt to remove the original founder from his position. They make a mockery of the regional system, and they take over and destroy any nation they get their hands on. I despise them to my bones. If raiders were vegetables, then the entire world would become carnivores to avoid getting ill from the dirty greens, oranges, and reds. My region was meant to be a defender hotspot. Defenders are the counter-parts of raiders. They try to cease power away from the raiders and back to the original inhabitants. I made a recruitment thread, but it resulted in a bunch of Black Riders posting in that thread. It was antithetical to the entire point of the region. I actually never got a single member in about a month of the thread being up. That all changed for the better, I thought, when a nation named Bob McSnod joined. I endorsed him as the WA delegate, but I gave him no power. However, he asked for the ability to edit the regional message board, and that required me to give him power in the region. In hindsight, I shouldn't have done that. I went to bed that night, and the next thing I knew, I had been kicked out of my own region by none other than Bob McSnod. He had actually kicked me out of my own region, the one that I founded. Naturally, I didn't take that well. Well, that last sentence probably just won me the understatement of the month award. I was livid, I was angry, I was enraged. The amount of profanity that swam through my thoughts like fish down a creek was enough to make a sailor contemplate his "refined" vocabulary choices. I actually went on that recruitment thread, and I posted a message that read, "F-ck the Black Riders," even though, as I found out later, it wasn't the Black Riders that destroyed my region. It was the Brotherhood of Malice. Of course, that statement got me a warning from Sedgistan, "Warned for flaming," the message said. Of course, I didn't take that well either. At that point, the red that was flowing through my cheeks from the intense amount of rage I felt was borderline demented. After that debacle, I also berated Bob McSond on the RMB. That managed to get me a one week ban from posting on RMBs, and I got more livid all the time. The final action in my rage was to post a spammy message in the Black Riders recruitment thread. Since I had already been warned previously, I was banned from the forums for a day. That day was the longest day of my life. Those events led me to post the drop out message in the IBS XIII thread. Needless to say, that was the worst week of my NationStates life.

Since that day, I have managed to be ban free. The only other time I was moderated was when my sig was longer than the regulation seven lines. I have continued to play NSSports, and I reached my highest rank in a tournament called the Emperor's Cup. In that tournament, I managed to get all the way into a fourth place finish. It was fantastic. Unfortunately, not all my tournaments have produced such favorable results. After the IBS finished, I joined the tournament known as the WBC. I managed to get a decent distance into it, but I fell in the round of 16. I wasn't done with baseball, as I then joined the next edition of the IBS, IBS IX. I even displayed a host bid in hopes of hosting the tournament. However, I was beaten out by a more experienced user, Nova Anglicana. I again finished in the round of 16, and I was starting to see a pattern. Thankfully, the cycle would be broken when I managed to make it all the way to the quarter-finals in the WBC 33. With the IBS X coming up, I wanted to submit a host bid again. However, I wanted a partner in order to stand a better chance of winning. That's when I turned a face towards a fellow baseball RPer, Schiltzberg. I asked, "Would you be willing to co-host the upcoming IBS with me."

"Sure, but I don't have xkoronate," he replied.

So, I sent him the xkoronate download link, and he installed it. After learning how to use the application, Schiltzberg agreed to help me in my campaign. After about two months of writing and editing our host bid, we were ready to submit it. Now, we weren't the only one to submit host bid. San Llera did as well. After a week of waiting for people to vote, the results were in. We had won the right to host the International Baseball Slam X. While my experience with NationStates wasn't life changing, it wasn't the worst time of my life. I learned a lot about the site, and I have sunk hours into it. It is a good time waster, and I have enjoyed my time with it.

Since I haven't finished my next RP yet, I am going to post a paper I wrote for English a little while back about my experience with NationStates. I hope you enjoy.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Founded: Mar 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Yerfilag » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

covering the 10th International Baseball Slam

JESSAMINE LASTINGS: Well, that covers it for our matches here at Royal Dome and the Redline Drive. Acronius takes down Nassau-Hessen, 5 to 1, and our very own Eagles take a drop, 7-6, against Potataca. But before we head back to the analyst desk with Jacinda and Bart, let's have a chat with one of our IBS starting pitchers, Chelsie van Aalsburg. Former WBC star Andres Alfing joins her on the line for Vortcom Sport.

(The camera changes to the visitors' dugout, where ANDRES ALFING is holding the microphone with the infamous Vortcom "V of Doom" and the word "SPORT" written over it in white. Next to him, a young woman with a glove and the Eagles uniform stands waiting to be questioned.)

ALFING: Thanks, Jessamine. Miss Van Alsburg, we know it's been a disappointing day for the Eagles, so I'll keep this brief. How was your experience pitching against Potataca?

VAN AALSBURG: Well, most of it was kind of boring. Throw three pitches, rack up the K's, you know? Then the Potatoes started to connect with the ball, and before you know it, the score is 5 to 2, Potataca. So I'm kind of glad I got yanked out early.

ALFING: That brings me to my next question. Do you think you could have contributed more than you did after Margie Kierkegaard yanked you off the mound?

VAN AALSBURG: Well, not as much as Amber Gorbold did when she was sent in as relief. She did a good job when it came to field control. In fact, the irony of the situation is that Gorbold gave up the walk-off run that ended the match.

ALFING: So the next game that you'll be in will be the rematch against Nassau-Hessen. Chris Britton did a good job of cleaning them out last time; how do you think you'll square up against them?

VAN AALSBURG: Well, watching from the bench doesn't give you a good estimate of how your record will match up. I'm 1-1, Chris is 2-0. Chris will pitch against Acronius in the next matchup. I'm just going to step onto the mound and hope for 2-1. That's all I can do at this point.

ALFING: Thank you, Miss Van Aalsburg. Well, this has been IBS OnField. For Vortcom Sport, I'm Andres Alfing. VNews at 11 should be coming up on most of your stations, except Channel 1, where Eagle Encore will air. Stay tuned for a message from your local television sponsors.
Last edited by South Yerfilag on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former puppet of Damukuni. Now a puppet of Eshan.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:25 pm

removed
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Cut-off

Group A
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 4
Boatia Llamas 2 3 0 0 2 0 1 0 X 8

Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 0 4
Nova Anglicana Lions 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 5

Group A                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Nova Anglicana Lions 6 4 2 41 23 +18 12
2 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 6 4 2 32 25 +7 12
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 6 3 3 27 32 −5 9
4 Boatia Llamas 6 1 5 26 46 −20 3

Group B
Torisakia Ice Birds 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 3
Pulunia Redwhite 4 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 X 6

Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 1 0 0 2 3 0 0 0 0 6
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Group B                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Torisakia Ice Birds 6 4 2 31 26 +5 12
2 Pulunia Redwhite 6 3 3 25 20 +5 9
3 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 6 3 3 27 26 +1 9
4 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 6 2 4 24 35 −11 6

Group C
Silvacometopia Sharks 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Abanhfleft Revolution 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 X 3

San Llera San Llerans 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 4
Pinoyistan Destoroyers 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 3

Group C                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Abanhfleft Revolution 6 5 1 22 10 +12 15
2 San Llera San Llerans 6 4 2 18 17 +1 12
3 Silvacometopia Sharks 6 3 3 17 16 +1 9
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 6 0 6 7 21 −14 0

Group D
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 X 2

The Serbian Empire 66ers 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 4
Camelone Ultras 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2

Group D                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 6 4 2 38 23 +15 12
2 The Serbian Empire 66ers 6 3 3 22 24 −2 9
3 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 6 3 3 16 20 −4 9
4 Camelone Ultras 6 2 4 22 31 −9 6
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Groups E-H Match Day 6

Group E
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 4
Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 1 0 0 2 0 0 1 1 X 5

Ethane Red Stars 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 3
Levivania Dohickeys 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Group E                            Pld W L RF RA RD Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 6 5 1 46 17 +29 15
2 Ethane Red Stars 6 5 1 27 32 −5 15
3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 6 2 4 27 31 −4 6
4 Levivania Dohickeys 6 0 6 21 41 −20 0

Group F
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 1 0 1 0 0 1 2 1 0 6
The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 5

Elykyellek Stars 0 2 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 5
Koana Islands Warriors 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Group F                                 Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 The Sword Bloke Thunder 6 4 2 32 26 +6 12
2 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 6 4 2 34 32 +2 12
3 Koana Islands Warriors 6 3 3 30 28 +2 9
4 Elykyellek Stars 6 1 5 28 38 −10 3

Group G
Oisinistan Red Storm 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3
Ferret Civilization Ferrets 0 2 0 0 5 2 0 0 X 9

Avercari Cassowaries 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2
Lisander Arminhos 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3

Group G                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Lisander Arminhos 6 5 1 39 19 +20 15
2 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 6 3 3 28 40 −12 9
3 Oisinistan Red Storm 6 2 4 29 32 −3 6
4 Avercari Cassowaries 6 2 4 28 33 −5 6

Group H
Nassau Eagles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Potataca Potatos 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 X 5

Acronius Foxhounds 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 1

Group H                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 South Yerfilag Eagles 6 4 2 19 16 +3 12
2 Potataca Potatos 6 3 3 32 27 +5 9
3 Nassau Eagles 6 3 3 20 24 −4 9
4 Acronius Foxhounds 6 2 4 20 24 −4 6
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

The Boatia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Gameday IDK

"Ok so we lost every single game so far and now were against a team that can kill us." said Christopher Billybob "Lets just... get this over with" complained some guy hidden in the shadows "WHO DERE" said Dezin Nutin. "The leader of your country and your new coach Matthew Boat" said the President of the Boatia. "OMG YAS NOW WERE TOTALLY GOING TO WIN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" yelled everyone.

The bottom of the 1st inning and Christopher Billybob on 3rd and Samuel Lil. Johny on 2nd. There was 1 out and 2 strikes as usual to make lots of drama for the fans because life says so. Jake Ello got a double and Christopher and Samuel went to home base to make the score 2-0.

The next inning Dezin Nutin and Bill Tom in the same situation as Christopher and Samuel. 2 outs and 2 strikes :O MORE DRAMA. Will Sling was ready for that last pitch. It came flying at him but he hit it and it went into the STANDS FOR A HOME RUN!!!! Boatian fans cheered like there was no tomorrow and the noise killed some flys flying to close in the stadium and a Ferret which the Ferret fell onto the field and was taken to a mile away vet. 5-0 and the Boatia Llama's were making Llamas look better.

In the bottom of the 5th it was 5-3. Johny Beller hit a home run then Jake Ello make another home to make it 7-3. It was boring but fans still loved that the team scored.

In the bottom of the 7th... the inning the Llama's always score in it was 7-3 still and Bridy Boodin made a lovely home run. 8-3 but soon in the last inning it finished off 8-4.

All the Boatian fans and players were crying as their team had their first win. "I had fun today" said Dezin Nutin "I must be good luck" said Matthew Boat the Coach/President. "Maybe we are coming back from our 5 losing slump" said Gary Dolgo "Now lets go get some..." Christopher Billybob was interrupted by a noise in the air. It looked like a bomb and then it crashed into the limo. It was the body of Willy Willer and there was a note. He didn't make it... sorry guys but atleast you know quick I am sorry for the loss... and the limo as I targeted it to hit at the end of the game. Hope you guys did win. But atleast Willy is in a better place. "..." "REALLY, ON.. ON THIS... DAY UGH" said everybody. "Hey look its the blue and white backup limo. "Everyone waved bye to Willy's body and got in the limo and went off leaving the note saying. Bye good ole Willy :( .

What a game that was XD

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Adam Smith was always that kid in school. The bully, the sports player, the one that smoked and thought he was cool. He was feared by many people in his school, for his superior strength and his willingness to fight anyone who stood in his away. Many of the smart kids tried to avoid him as much as possible, because Adam never showed them any mercy, just pushing them out the way as he strolled down the corridor to have a cigarette, trying to act cool. The only lesson he regularly turned up for was P.E. He loved sports. He always used to be the most active player when playing sports, partially because he was always so good at it, but also because he felt so enthused by playing. He played on many of the schools sports teams. In the winter he represented the school on football and rugby, and in the summer, he played cricket and tennis. There seemed to be no end to his sporting talent and ability.
While enjoying all this sport and attention that he gathered from being the school sporting hero, he often felt that he wasn't truly playing the sport he wanted to. When he was young, his family had lived in America. He had moved to Ethane when he turned twelve, transferring straight into year 9 (summer baby). From there he went straight into all the sporting activities, because he was active in sports in America. But Ethane's sports were so different than America's sports. America had baseball, and American football. On his first day in school in Ethane, he ran out to find the sports clubs sign up sheets, but was disappointed to find the sport that he truly loved, and wanted to become a professional in, wasn't played here. He asked many people about baseball, and most people hadn't even heard of baseball before, with the few that had heard of it asking him ''why do you want to play an American sport?''. Adam knew this was a generalisation, because it truly wasn't an American sport, as it was quite global, just not in Europe much. Back in America, when he used to play baseball for the school team, he would often get told that one day, he would become a professional in baseball, and play for some of the biggest star teams in America. He would be a national hero. But his mum moved. He felt destroyed by this, that his dreams were over, which were further assured through the lack of baseball.
However, in year 10, from his TV box, which was called ENTV sports, he heard about something wonderful. Baseball was on the TV. Ethane playing baseball. Yes, it was a load of amateurs playing baseball for pretty much their first time, but Adam was hoping that this tournament would be the start of a movement among Ethane, which would lead to the creation of a baseball league. That is what he had always wanted, to play baseball competitively in his country. He watched the matches, cheering when Ethane was doing well, feeling sad when Ethane was not doing so well, but overall, feeling overjoyed for the first Ethane international baseball team. As everyone says, baby steps. The Ethane team was an inspiration to him, and pushed him further and further in his dreams. Adam had hope again. He wanted to follow his hero, Chad Brock, into the limelight of international baseball, to compete amongst the very best. That was his dream.

On the same day as the double matches were livestreamed to Ethane, Chad Brock was trying to play at his best. When the nation needs you most, you need to perform, was his mantra. He knew that this day, of all days in this tournament, would be a big day for Ethane. Having being completely annihilated by the number one seeded team in the world, having already beaten them once, they were second in the group, by 6 points, with Frenline Delpha trailing behind them. Chad had been watching Frenline Delpha as a team. He felt they were Ethane's only barrier to progression. Everyone knew there would be next to no chance of winning the group, after being drawn with the best team in the world, but Chad knew that there were many people who didn't believe they could beat Frenline. They had proven them wrong in that match they played against Frenline, winning a difficult game to give Ethane the advantage in the group. Chad felt extremely pleased with this start, as it put them in good stead to advance, not that they would get much further after that. Having beaten Levivania by 4 home runs, they looked onto the next game in the double day. The second game against Frenline Delpha though was the one everyone was looking to, to see if there were any chances of progression. While not bigging up their chances too much, Chad Brock knew that if his team worked hard enough, they could replicate the result of their first game against Frenline Delpha, and pull off a shock win against them. And did his team play well. Not getting off to the best of starts, they rallied together as a team in the closing stages of the game and managed to pull ahead from a run deficit to win the game. No one was expecting a new team to beat the 25th ranked team in the world 2 times in a row. No one. The whole team leapt in celebrations as they charged off the pitch. Chad was dumbfounded at this inexperienced teams surprising skill level. His team was awesome. The Frenline Delpha team just stood there, in shock, wondering how they let an unranked team pull from 1 runs behind to win the game by two runs. They couldn't understand what went wrong. Beaten by the same unranked team, twice. It was not going their way at all.
The next day, Ethane had a terrible day. It was like they had used up all their skill and energy the day before, or something, because they couldn't find the stride and unison in the team that had helped them beat Frenline twice and the team they were playing on this day once, the number one ranked team in the world. They suffered a humiliating loss to Gregoryisgodistan, losing 17- 3, and sending them into the second in the group, based on points difference. Ethane's chances of winning the group were almost over. To win the group, they would have to win evefry remaining game left in the group, or Gregoryisgodistan lose some more games, which based on the fact that they were the number one team in the world, and had regrouped as a team after their close loss to Ethane, was looking increasingly unlikely. So many players in Ethane knew they had to hold this position. They knew this wouldn't be too hard, but they still were aiming to play their best in every game, and kindle the spirit of baseball in Ethane, creating a fire of passion for baseball, and making it popular.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:56 pm

FC Ferrets

Head Councilor Cornell, Councilor Hilja, whichever one of you finds yourself reading this.

Things continue to go in interesting and exciting ways for all of us, as I am sure you have heard. The team continues to seem to pull out the ability to win seemingly from nowhere, and at 3-3 win/lose ratio, this was way more than was expected. Everyone is always there for each other, in and out of the game, and while the partying may, or maybe not, have subdued... Well let's just say that we are all still very happy and excited to be here, and especially where we are at. We all are definitely learning a lot from being out here, hopefully this is going just as well for back home too. And even though it is guaranteed now that we will not win, I am pretty sure you will agree with me that this turned out better than expected. This experience has unified us all here very much, no one here would have been able to do what they have been doing without the support of the entire team behind them.

This is a great thing for us here, I hope that you will consider allowing us to participate in future gaming events. Even with a lack of experience all of us here have taken a great liking to the game. Hopefully it's giving the Ferrets back home something to talk about too, or at least increased business. Other than that everything is business as usual, there will be more to this later, a full report will be made available once we are done with this part of the games. There is a lot that being involved in the sports these nations seem to throw can do for The Colony, I look forward to hearing about what it is like back home too, everyone here is eager to hear about it and share their experience.

Seoc looked at this scrap of scribbles that he had written down as a report. Maybe he would be more convincing in person, but for now he along with the rest of the team was here. And that the party had seemed to return to them, not as strongly as when they first shown up but the happy fun attitude was still there. He walked out to join them, to find them all laughing and talking about the game, "Congratulations you guys, three wins."

With that they all cried out again in celebration, "So how do you do it?" With that question everyone looked at each other, smiling, shuffling, and acting pretty much like kits. Haraldur spoke up, "We don't know."

"You don't know." Seoc laughed himself, "Really?" The entire team shook their head in agreement, "Really."

"Well isn't that something, you are something. A really great team too, seriously, we have done way better than what was expected." The team seemed to work very well together, "Do you all realize that we scored the most points ever in one game with this one." With that the entire team let out another celebratory cry, while this was their first game and it wouldn't be that hard for them all to break their own records, it still was exciting for all of them to be able to do that. They all spent the rest of the day talking about how each of them did something 'amazing' during the game that had helped them all out to get the still surprising win. Seoc looked down at a certain note that he kept on him now, he and the team intended to follow the advice on it, even if this time it wouldn't be possible.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Phoenix stunned again by Ruairikstan

Someone needs to give the overconfident Kaboomlandian team a kick in the rear after they lost 2-0 to unranked Ruairikstan. The Phoenix are now 0-2 against the Ruarbyars (whatever the hell those are) in this tournament. Marc Brehznek got the start, but was yanked after walking three straight batters in the bottom of the sixth inning. This loss comes on the heels of a 7-6 catfight that the Phoenix barely came out on top of against Camelone. This was manager Ryan Peart's post-game rant:

"You guys played like a bunch of f***ing losers out there! The Ruarbears don't even have a catcher behind home plate, and you let them get two runs! And this after the near-upset against f***ing Camelone! You guys need to f***ing settle down! This group stage is half over, and we should have run away with this group already, but you're f***ing letting unranked f***ing teams hang in games against you! Get it together!"

The Phoenix, hopefully awoken by that rant, play the Serbian Empire tomorrow.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:53 pm

Sebastian Garnet, to TV5 Sports
We understand the Arminhos are still recovering the saturday double game, but a hard time again against Avercari, an unranked nation? Okay, Lisander have won again, but this matters must be taken in account carefully in the planning for final stage. For today, we let you hear some pieces of conversation captured by microphone of TV5 Sports after the game.

Conversation wrote:-I really need to know what is the problem about you. We never had this problem with any other team than Lorenthia, and they are national rivals in all sports. - Coach Hiddleston were slightly upset.

-We don't know, Coach. Avercari is playing "only the enough". We give our best, but is hard to play against them. - Andreas Argan said.

-Look, Andy. I don't mind the advantage. We've won and this is it. But we must remember after this group stage we may face powerhouses like Gregoryisgodistan, Nova Anglicana and Abanhfleft. And probably we will need more sweat than this. Just keep it on your minds. The group stage is halfway there and you should get in tiptop shape before the end of it. Rest and train the best you can, from now on.

Avercari Cassowaries               0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0  2
Lisander Arminhos 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:38 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four

There's the Way, Where's the Will?, Part Five

"All right, Matt, since you're so desperate for a job, I'm gonna let you have one," Smiley Koppelberg said to her brother Matthew. "I've been thinking long and hard about this, and I've decided that you clearly need a little bit of employment to keep you busy."

"Why, thank you, little sister," Matt replied. "But while I'm never one to look at a gift horse in the mouth, I have to ask you why you've suddenly decided that I am deserving of a job."

"Yeah, it's not out of the goodness of my heart. I've got a bunch of friends coming over for some drinks and cigars, and I don't want you in here and cramp my style, if you know what I'm talking about."

"Wow, Ruslana," Matt said, using Smiley's full Christian name. "That really actually hurts, you know."

"You'll be thanking me for it later. Now go on!" Smiley said, pushing Matt towards the door. "Get over to the shop on the corner of 6th and Yakubov before my buddies get here!"

"Wait!" Matt cried out. "I still have to make myself presentable!"

"Then do it! But make it quick!"

The shower that Matt took today was probably the quickest that he'd ever done in his memorable life. From the first brush of water on his skin to toweling off and drying himself took all of fifteen minutes. Matt was in a neatly pressed suit two minutes after. As he went out of the guestroom and adjusted his tie before heading out of the door, he happened to look at the living room and saw that there were five more people there than he remembered were there before. He blinked his eyes and then blinked them again when he recognized who those visitors were. "Are these your friends, Smiley?" he asked.

"Yep," Smiley replied as she poured cognac into a snifter. "I told you they'll be here for drinks and cigars."

"But that's Alex Rousseau and Sonny Torres," Matt continued, pointing at the two women seated on the couch immediately in front of him. Indeed the two women were no one but the star players of Rosenpfelblatz City Ladies F.C. and Sporting Ceneisis Ladies F.C. of the Fleftic Ladies' Premier League respectively.

"Yeah, and what's wrong with that?" Smiley asked in reply.

"What are they doing here?" Matt asked.

"It's the Women's Kopa ng Liga semifinal," Smiley replied. "They're holding it in a neutral venue, ergo the May 26 Memorial Stadium."

"And those are Leo Baxter and George Katatonoios!" Leonidas "Leo" Baxter and Giorgio "George" Katatonoios, point guard of Malabon Black Ops and center of Bytuch Wyk Waves of the Fleftic Basketball Association respectively, were seated on both sides of Smiley on her other couch.

"It's the All-Star Game, Mattie," Smiley replied. "Why else would they be here?"

"And who's that guy?" Matt pointed at a rotund man seated in the chair between the two couches.

"Oh, him? He's my bookie."

"You invite your bookie to drinks and cigars, but not your own brother? I'm shocked, Ruslana Boudicca Koppelberg. Shocked and hurt. It's like you don't have your priorities straight. I'm leaving for my new job. It's probably the best you could've done for me." And with that said, Matt stormed out of the house in dramatic fashion. The fat guy, Smiley's "bookie," turned to face her and asked, "Who was that guy? Your new booty call?"

"Oh, please," Smiley snorted. "It would be much better if he was my booty call instead of my brother. That would make things much more easier and more pleasant."

"He's your brother?" Allison Torres asked her. "Doesn't look like it, Smiles. No family resemblance, if you'll forgive me for saying."

"Don't be," Smiley waved off. "Technically speaking, he's just my half-brother, but he's more family than my mother."

"Sounds like a fun story," Alexandra Rousseau added. "Family issues really bring out the best and worst in people."

"Look, can we just forget about my brother for a moment and get this going? I really need a drink right now." Smiley then sat down and drank the cognac from the snifter.

"Corner of 6th and Yakubov, corner of 6th and Yakubov," Matt muttered as he walked down the street in search of the place that Smiley had told him was willing to take on employees with no questions asked. Finally he spotted an establishment that had the appearance of the quintessential corner shop, with a few stalls on the outside with the requisite fruits and round vegetables like tomatoes, unless tomatoes were fruits, but that wasn't the matter. Matt entered the shop, hearing the bell attached to the door's inside tinkle with a tinny little tinkling, and the elderly shopkeeper looked up from his books on the counter and saw Matt walking towards him. "How may I help you, my child?" he asked.

"Yes," Matt said, taking a look at the dark and dusty interiors of the shop. "I'm here to fill a job opening." He couldn't help but end the sentence as a question and not a statement.

"Ah, yes, of course," the man said after a few moments of thought. "Well, then, it doesn't look like you've got a lot of competition, so let me be the first to congratulate you because you're hired!"

"Oh, thank you very much," Matt said, shaking the old man's hand. "Now, are there any jobs that you need doing right now? Especially at your, erm, advanced age?"

"Don't patronize me, kid," the old man said with a smile that said that he wasn't as serious as he was making himself to be. "And you shouldn't have gone here wearing that zoot suit. You're going to end up sweating buckets before the day ends, and that's not necessarily a good thing, seeing as you're not that fat. Anyway, I need a specific item in my shop while it's still available on the cheap, and then I plan to sell it for a profit when it's mighty expensive in a few days. Can you go and pick it up in the shop at the corner of Guantanamo and Olivares for an old man like me?"

"Of course, boss!" Matt replied. "Whatever to earn my keep! Now what is it exactly that I have to pick up?"

"When you get to the shop, ask the owner for a long hwaett."

"A long what, again? Sorry."

"A long hwaett," the old man said, drawing out every syllable. "That should be slow enough for you youths and your broadband brains to understand."

"A long hwaett," Matt repeated, drawing out the syllables too. "A long hwaett. A long hwaett. A long hwaett..." he continued as he went out the shop. Behind him, the old man shook his head before returning behind the counter to his books.

"Are you telling me that you sent your brother out on a wild goose chase?" Leo Baxter asked Smiley as he took a long deep drag from his cigar and drank some scotch.

"Well, I had to give him something to do," Smiley replied. "At least, something to do other than fuck random girls' brains out. You wouldn't want to hear him do that while we're drinking and smoking, would you?"

"I'd like to hear him fuck my brains out," Allison muttered.

"Oh, shut up, Allison," Smiley said. "No one cares about your sex life or rather, lack of it."

"Would you like to hear about my sex life?" Leo asked.

"No!" everyone said in chorus.

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:03 pm

Cut-Off

Group A
Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 1 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 6

Boatia Llamas 0 0 1 0 0 3 0 0 0 4
Nova Anglicana Lions 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 2

1 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 7 5 2 38 29 +9 15
2 Nova Anglicana Lions 7 4 3 43 27 +16 12
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 7 3 4 31 38 −7 9
4 Boatia Llamas 7 2 5 30 48 −18 6

Group B
Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 0 0 0 1 0 6 0 0 0 7
Torisakia Ice Birds 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Pulunia Redwhite 0 1 5 0 1 0 0 0 1 8
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 3 5

1 Pulunia Redwhite 7 4 3 33 25 +8 12
2 Torisakia Ice Birds 7 4 3 31 33 −2 12
3 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 7 3 4 32 34 −2 9
4 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 7 3 4 31 35 −4 9

Group C
San Llera San Llerans 0 3 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 7
Silvacometopia Sharks 0 0 2 2 1 0 0 0 0 5

Abanhfleft Revolution 0 3 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 6
Pinoyistan Destoroyers 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

1 Abanhfleft Revolution 7 6 1 28 12 +16 18
2 San Llera San Llerans 7 5 2 25 22 +3 15
3 Silvacometopia Sharks 7 3 4 22 23 −1 9
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 7 0 7 9 27 −18 0

Group D
The Serbian Empire 66ers 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 3 5

Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 3
Camelone Ultras 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 7 5 2 43 25 +18 15
2 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 7 4 3 19 21 −2 12
3 The Serbian Empire 66ers 7 3 4 24 29 −5 9
4 Camelone Ultras 7 2 5 23 34 −11 6
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Yerfilag » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:04 pm

THE SLAM
International Baseball Slam - 10th Edition
Vortcom
Exclusive Broadcaster

Image 0 - 1 Image
RSY RUNS
M. Achterkamp (5)
ACR RUNS
No runs

MATCH REPORT

Mamadou Achterkamp scored the lone run in a matchup of wits as the (RSY) Eagles took down the Acronius Foxhounds in Monday's matchups at the Royal Dome in Group H.

Many of the fans left after the 7th-inning stretch, seeing nothing but straight 1-2-3 innings, except for the bottom of the 5th inning. One Tweet.io commentator made the following remark:

The (RSY) Eagles (4-2) play Nassau-Hessen next.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Groups E-H Match Day 7

Group E
Ethane Red Stars 3 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 5
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2
Levivania Dohickeys 0 2 0 2 0 0 0 0 X 4

Group E                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Ethane Red Stars 7 6 1 32 32 0 18
2 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 7 5 2 48 21 +27 15
3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 7 2 5 27 36 −9 6
4 Levivania Dohickeys 7 1 6 25 43 −18 3

Group F
Elykyellek Stars 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 3
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 4

The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Koana Islands Warriors 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 3

1 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 7 5 2 38 35 +3 15
2 The Sword Bloke Thunder 7 4 3 34 29 +5 12
3 Koana Islands Warriors 7 4 3 33 30 +3 12
4 Elykyellek Stars 7 1 6 31 42 −11 3

Group G
Avercari Cassowaries 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Oisinistan Red Storm 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 X 5

Ferret Civilization Ferrets 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 5
Lisander Arminhos 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 0 0 1 6

1 Lisander Arminhos 7 6 1 45 24 +21 18
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 7 3 4 34 33 +1 9
3 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 7 3 4 33 46 −13 9
4 Avercari Cassowaries 7 2 5 29 38 −9 6

Group H
Acronius Foxhounds 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Nassau Eagles 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 X 5

Potataca Potatos 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 Potataca Potatos 7 4 3 34 28 +6 12
2 South Yerfilag Eagles 7 4 3 20 18 +2 12
3 Nassau Eagles 7 4 3 25 25 0 12
4 Acronius Foxhounds 7 2 5 21 29 −8 6
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 pm

TERRORIST THREAT DELAYS GAMES IN ROYAL DOME... AGAIN.

Just over a week into hosting the International Baseball Slam X tournament, the Federal Republic of Schiltzberg has already experienced major setbacks that have caused delays and hold-ups, frustrating millions of fans, viewers, and participants from all around the world. These unfortunate hold-ups have been largely out of the government's control though, such as the terrorist threat that led to the evacuation of Royal Dome last night, and the postponement of the two games that were to take place there Monday evening to Tuesday morning, and in the neighboring stadium of Presidential Palace, rather than Royal Dome.

Schiltzbergian authorities say that they had received large amounts of blackmail from an unknown source, and that yesterday, about two hours before the game between Frenline Delpha and Gregoryisgodistan was scheduled to begin, they received a vicious letter from the source, who claims to also have been responsible for a terrorist attack that happened in Beyren last June, that he would detonate a bomb in the iconic Royal Dome during one of the two games scheduled for that day. The authorities were immediately skeptical, but decided to postpone the games until a thorough search of the stadium had been successfully accomplished.

For security reasons, the fans and players were evacuated from Royal Dome at 1:00 in the afternoon, which was an hour and a half before game time. For safety, the authorities decided to reschedule the make-up games for this morning at Presidential Palace, instead of Royal Dome, so that a flawless search of the Dome could be completed before a large crowd was brought there. The games were successfully carried out this morning, as Gregoryisgodistan beat Frenline Delpha 5-4, and Ethane beat Levivania 3-2 in eleven innings.

Unfortunately, there really was a bomb in Royal Dome and it was destroyed:

JUST KIDDING! The authorities found no evidence of a bomb or any other weapon in Royal Dome, and the games for Group E will commence as scheduled at the Dome, starting with this evening's games. All is well that ends well! Hopefully the tournament will not suffer any more setbacks like this one as the tournament continues.

This is your New Schiltzbierg Times Sports News!
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:05 pm

Seoc watched as the team played against the Arminhos for the third time, the one team that they would never be able to beat. Though the team seemed to have the most fun playing against them, maybe it was just the fact that the loss was guaranteed took a lot of non-existent stress off of them. Or maybe it was just because getting beat so hard allowed them all to have more fun working together to try and get at least one run done so they could at least celebrate getting a point against such a great team instead of just playing against them. The team continued to work together very strongly to help each other do their best, one thing that at least they seemed to have done compared along side their competition. And at least they also seemed to be coming up with more creative ways to try and go about playing the game without breaking the rules.

Haraldur looked at him before it was time for him to go up to play in the third inning, "Hey, do you think if I was to just try and talk to one of them. Would you think they would talk back if there was time?"

Seoc looked at him, "I'd think you are really getting crazy, and that they would blow you off..." Haraldur smiled as he walked off, "Okay."

"Wait, you aren't going to do it, are you?"

The entire team had to stop themselves from over laughing themselves when he actually tried to do that. And they all found it even more hilarious when it actually seemed to work and he got off home plate. Which pretty much gave the entire team even more motivation to try harder since they were all kind of just waiting for the other team to start winning. Even though no one else was able to get far, Haraldur was eventually able to get the first run of the game, which, if it wasn't enough, made the entire team celebrate a little bit louder. "Yeah, that isn't going to work again." Seoc said as they all laughed it out.

"Doesn't need to Seoc, we're all happy now." Cillín was kind enough to reply for the whole team. They spent the rest of the game trying but the skill of the other team prevented them from doing anything else really. Though they all found it surprising that the other team didn't just start winning like they had in the other two games they faced with each other. Though as the game went on the other team did just what they seemed to do best, win. It didn't put a damper on any of the team members mood, and the fact they they were able to get four more runs while trying hard as a team but individually being sort of just silly since they all knew the outcome of the game didn't matter for them.

As they got to the last inning they were all sort of still continuing to be surprised by the fact that the other team hadn't had a guaranteed win. Though in the end the Arminhos were able to get one more run, allowing them to win the game. Seoc looked at his team as they gathered at the end of the game, he looked at each of them, "That was amazing, probably the best game we ever had. You all managed to hold out that long against such a great team, you all have earned the right to continue to celebrate extra hard tonight. Actually, we here for exposure, and we haven't even checked this place out, let's go see what a place like this has to offer!"
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Ferret Civilization Ferrets        0 0 1 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0  5
Lisander Arminhos 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 2 0 0 1 6

Following the great media, TV5 Sports took the day to follow Lisander Rugby Union in its national meeting, who will define a major way to rugby in Lisander for next years. About IBS, They only gave a small note in a early night sports show.

"Lisander play enough to win FC Ferrets, 6-5 in Schiltzberg Royal Dome. False bomb alert scare the players."

I must apologize for it. But today, some family and college problems are taking my time, and I`m unable to give more attention to Lisander and the IBS.
Last edited by Lisander on Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:06 am

Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four Part Five

There's the Way, Where's the Will?, Part Six

"A long hwaett," Matt muttered repeatedly as he walked down the road to the corner of Guantanamo and Olivares Streets. "A long hwaett. Damn, Guantanamo's a long way away from 6th," he said. Finally he saw a shop, quite similar to the one that had just hired him, on the corner of the two streets that the old proprietor, his new boss, had said they would be. He went inside, heard the tiny bell tinkling, and the owner of this store, a man maybe just ten years or so older than Matt was, looked up from the counter and asked, "How may I help you?"

"Uh, I have been sent here from the shop on 6th and Yakubov to pick up something," Matt replied.

"And what would that something be?"

"Hang on a minute, sir, I was just repeating it a minute ago," Matt said. "Oh yes, that's it! A long hwaett," he added, drawing out every syllable. "Yeah, that's it. A long hwaett."

"A long hwaett, eh?" the shop owner repeated, drawing out the last word. "Ah, I think I have what you're looking for. Why don't you take a seat over there, buddy, and I'll just go into the back of my shop for what your boss is looking for."

"I'm finally doing a real job!" Matt said to himself as he sat down, and he couldn't help but throw his arms into the air in celebration.

"Smiley, I'll hope you'll forgive me for saying this, but I feel real sorry about your brother," George Katatonoios said as he took a long and deep drag from his cigar. "I mean, look at him. He has to stay with his successful younger sister, he has to look for a job to get back on his feet, and his sister ends up making him wait for a long time just because she feels like it."

"Trust me, George, you wouldn't be saying that when I tell you what he's really been doing that got him here in the first place," Smiley said.

"Pray tell us, then," Katatonoios invited. "Enlighten us."

"All right," Smiley said, straightening up in her seat. "You want to know the story? I'll tell you the story. You guys know about that big pump-and-dump scam by that big company Seaman Brothers?"

"Oh, yes, I've heard of it," Katatonoios replied. "My mother and grandmother and relatives from my mother's side all lost money because of that company."

"And I lost a helluva lot of my money from those bastards," Smiley's bookie said. "All those money you bet on me and lost to me? All gone!"

"Well, I hate to break the news to y'all and everything, but Matt? He's the head of the whole operation! He's the mastermind, the brains, the head honcho, the top dog!"

"The rat bastard!" Katatonoios exclaimed.

"Bet you're not feeling so sorry for him now, are you?"

"Oh, man!" Smiley's bookie said. "I had the opportunity to strangle the asshole, and I didn't take it! Just because I didn't see him for the lowlife thief he actually is!"

"I say once he gets back here, we tie him up to a streetlamp and leave him for the RBi to find," Katatonoios suggested, to the general agreement of the others.

"And you wondered why I never really talked about my relatives," Smiley said with a grin as she took a satisfied drag from her cigar.

"Hey, Allison here doesn't talk about her relatives as well," Alex Rousseau said, pointing at the woman seated beside her.

"All right, back off, Selena Gomez," Allison Torres retorted. "You're working on my last nerve."

"Smiley, we all lost money from your brother's scam," Leo Baxter said. "Even you did, if I recall correctly. You of all people should know that your brother deserves to be served some justice. So why are you hiding him in your place, of all places?"

"Don't let us fool you, Leo," Smiley replied. "Sure, Matt may have taken all our money, but I'm still his sister. I can get your money back from him if you want. Besides, we're about the only real family we have left."

"Right, because your mother is such a b..." Alex stopped midsentence as they heard the door open and Japheth, Smiley and Matt's younger brother, walked in. "Uh, am I interrupting something?" he asked hesitantly.

"Drop your bag over there and get here," Smiley told him. "It's about time you had some drinks and cigars with family and friends."

"Aren't I a little too young to be drinking and smoking?" Japheth asked.

"Don't act like you haven't been doing that behind my back," Smiley replied. "And no one here's gonna tell on you, right?"

Fifteen minutes had passed since Matt had taken a seat to wait for the owner of the shop to find the "long hwaett that his new boss had asked him to pick up. Fifteen minutes seemed like an awfully long time to look for a single item, but then again the shop was old, and it was probably taking the owner some time just to navigate the stacks of shelves that were probably in the back.

The fifteen minutes then became twenty, and then those twenty minutes became thirty, and then he finally decided that he had had enough of waiting so he stood up and walked over to the back of the shop. Just at that moment the owner got out and saw Matt coming for him. "What is it, man?" he asked.

"I've been waiting on my arse for thirty minutes," Matt said, "and I've got a feeling that I've been made into a fool!"

"Don't be so hard on me, mister," the owner replied. "As it happens, I've just found what you're looking for."

"Really? Where is it?" Matt asked, excitedly looking around for whatever it was that his new boss had asked him to pick up.

"Yes, actually, as it hapens, you've just had it."

"What?" Matt blinked furiously. "What are you talking about?"

"Are you daft?" the owner asked. "Don't you still realize what just happened?"

"All right, man, what did happen?" Matt asked with hesitation.

"You really are an idiot," the owner said. "You asked for a long wait. And I just gave you one."

"A long what?"

"A long wait," the other man repeated, drawing out every syllable just like the old man in the first store had done. "That's what you asked for, right? A long wait! Seriously man, have you never heard of it before? What are you, some kind of old money guy who gambled away your whole inheritance? You're just honestly pathetic, man. Get out of here before I give you a much longer wait!"

"The bastards!" Matt muttered as he walked back to the first shop. "Making me wait for a long time for nothing. I'll have a long talk with my boss about that!" Finally he reached the corner of 6th and Yakubov where to his surprise he found that the shop that had once been there was now gone. The place has been boarded up, and there was no sign that it has ever been inhabited by humans for the past fifty years or so.

"What the fuck!" Matt exclaimed. "Where's the shop? It was just here thirty minutes before! Where the fuck is it now!? It's all gone!" As he continued to stare at the abandoned space that had once been the shop where he had been hired, a new thought struck him. "Smiley, you little bitch!" he muttered. " I'm gonna get you this time! Fool your own brother, eh? I'll show you what happens to those who make a fool of Matthew Seamus Vercingetorix Koppelberg!"

"Smiley!" Matt called out as he stormed into his sister's house. "Why did you truck me into taking a nonexistent job for a shop that was never even there? You better have a good explanation or else I will rat you out to the authorities for harboring a fugitive!"

Seven pairs of eyes turned to look at him from Smiley's living room: Smiley, Japheth, and Smiley's five friends. As Matt saw the venom in the eyes looking back at him, he started to wonder just what exactly he had gotten himself into. "What do you say, boys and girls?" Smiley asked. "Get him!"

"Uh, guys?" Matt said." I'm sorry for shouting at you! I really am! Please let me down now, please!"

Matt had been tied up to a streetlamp with duct tape. A sign saying I AM MATTHEW KOPPELBERG was taped to his chest.

"I promise I won't shout again!" he shouted. "Please let me down before the cops get me!"

Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart

South Yerfilag
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby South Yerfilag » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:24 am

((OOC: Don't mistake this for a real cease-and-desist letter, as this is all IC. Thank you!))

ImageImage

THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH YERFILAG
Ministry of Justice
Office of the Attorney General

Jessicanna de Waltrisstje
Attorney General
The Republic of South Yerfilag
Ministry of Justice
2500 Way of the Warrior
Praetors' Point 0079
RSY

The New Schiltzberg Times
South Yerfilag Printing Office
P.O. Box 92773-A
Postweg D, Praetors' Point 0072
RSY

17 November 2015, Yerfilag Island Time

To Whom It May Concern:

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your actions regarding the false reporting of a terrorist attack at the Schiltzberg Royal Dome are in violation of the following legislation enacted by the Republic of South Yerfilag:

2014 H. 488/S. 32 - The False Reporting Act
2015 H. 2/S. 305 - The South Yerfilag EAGLE Anti-Terrorism Act

Your actions, including, but not limited to, the publication in your periodical of an article in the Sports News section regarding a terror attack in the Royal Dome, where the South Yerfilag Eagles are known to be physically representing the Republic in the 10th International Baseball Slam, are currently playing their matches, constitute an act of false reporting, which violates Article 3, Section 13, Clause 30 of the False Reporting Act of 2014. As said incident of false reporting is linked to an alleged terrorist attack, which was investigated by the Central Committee on Counterintelligence (the "CCC") ((OOC: South Yerfilag's FBI)), your periodical has been found in violation of the 2015 EAGLE Anti-Terrorism Act, which, in Article 2, Section 36, Chapter 8, Verse 9, prohibits "the willful disclosure of false information regarding any act of terrorism, regardless of actual occurrence."

You are hereby ORDERED TO STOP such activities immediately as they are being done in violation of national law.

Please note that this ORDER does not order you to cease publication of satirical material, so long as it is labelled as satire, as per the 2015 Satirical Reporting Act.

You are hereby also ordered to:
  • Immediately recall all copies of said article, in both print and online form. You will not be required to submit a copy of the article in question to the Office of the Attorney General, as it is currently stored in our retrieval records for this case. The financial burden of recalling said article shall be in your jurisdiction.
We will take no further action regarding this matter, should you follow the legal requirements listed above. You have no more than two (2) Gregorian calendar weeks to take the actions stated above. If this office sees that you commit violations inside the scope of this cease and desist letter, it shall begin criminal proceedings against you for false reporting (a misdemeanor) and willfully provoking anti-terrorism measures (a class A felony). Both are national offences in the Republic of South Yerfilag.

Sincerely,

Jessicanna de Waltrisstje
Attorney General
The Republic of South Yerfilag

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Phoenix beat Serbs in pitchers' duel

Talk about your close games. The Kaboomlandians barely defeated the Serbian Empire 5-2 in a battle between Phoenix pitcher Bernard Oliver and his counterpart from the Serbian Empire. The win came after an embarrassing 2-0 loss to Ruairikstan in which manager Ryan Peart blew his stack at the team after the loss. The Phoenix initially fell behind 2-0 after the top of the third inning after Bernard Oliver gave up two runs on fielding errors. He stayed in for the entire game and played wonderfully, notching fourteen strikeouts in six innings to bar the door for the Kaboomlandians. Late in the tenth inning, with two outs and two men on base:

"Mayers up to bat. 2-1 count. Here comes the pitch and Mayers blasts it! Not far enough to go out, but one run scores! Two runs score! Mayers is still going after a fielding error by the Serbs! Mayers rounds third...MAYERS SCORES! The Phoenix win the ball game on a walk-off inside-the-park home run! Freddy Mayers wins it!"

The Phoenix are up against Camelone, and then Ruairikstan the day after.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Cut-off

Group A
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Nova Anglicana Lions 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3 X 5

Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 0 1 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 5
Boatia Llamas 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 4 X 7

1 Nova Anglicana Lions 8 5 3 48 29 +19 15
2 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 8 5 3 40 34 +6 15
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 8 3 5 36 45 −9 9
4 Boatia Llamas 8 3 5 37 53 −16 9

Group B
Torisakia Ice Birds 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 X 5

Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 0 0 1 0 0 3 1 0 0 5
Pulunia Redwhite 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Pulunia Redwhite 8 4 4 34 30 +4 12
2 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 8 4 4 37 36 +1 12
3 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 8 4 4 36 36 0 12
4 Torisakia Ice Birds 8 4 4 33 38 −5 12

Group C
Silvacometopia Sharks 1 0 2 0 1 2 0 0 0 6
Pinoyistan Destoroyers 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

San Llera San Llerans 1 3 4 2 0 0 0 0 0 6 16
Abanhfleft Revolution 1 4 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 10

1 Abanhfleft Revolution 8 6 2 38 28 +10 18
2 San Llera San Llerans 8 6 2 41 32 +9 18
3 Silvacometopia Sharks 8 4 4 28 25 +3 12
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 8 0 8 11 33 −22 0

Group D
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
Camelone Ultras 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

The Serbian Empire 66ers 0 0 0 3 2 2 0 0 0 7
Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 8 6 2 46 26 +20 18
2 The Serbian Empire 66ers 8 4 4 31 30 +1 12
3 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 8 4 4 20 28 −8 12
4 Camelone Ultras 8 2 6 24 37 −13 6
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Group E-H Match Day 8

Group E
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Levivania Dohickeys 0 1 0 3 2 1 0 0 X 7

Ethane Red Stars 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 X 1

Group E                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 8 6 2 49 21 +28 18
2 Ethane Red Stars 8 6 2 32 33 −1 18
3 Levivania Dohickeys 8 2 6 32 44 −12 6
4 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 8 2 6 28 43 −15 6

Group F
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 4
Koana Islands Warriors 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 5

Elykyellek Stars 0 0 0 3 1 1 0 1 0 6
The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 5

1 Koana Islands Warriors 8 5 3 38 34 +4 15
2 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 8 5 3 42 40 +2 15
3 The Sword Bloke Thunder 8 4 4 39 35 +4 12
4 Elykyellek Stars 8 2 6 37 47 −10 6

Group G
Oisinistan Red Storm 0 0 1 0 5 0 1 0 0 7
Lisander Arminhos 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

Avercari Cassowaries 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 5
Ferret Civilization Ferrets 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 3

1 Lisander Arminhos 8 6 2 46 31 +15 18
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 8 4 4 41 34 +7 12
3 Avercari Cassowaries 8 3 5 34 41 −7 9
4 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 8 3 5 36 51 −15 9

Group H
Nassau Eagles 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Acronius Foxhounds 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Potataca Potatos 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

1 Potataca Potatos 8 5 3 36 29 +7 15
2 Nassau Eagles 8 5 3 26 25 +1 15
3 South Yerfilag Eagles 8 4 4 20 19 +1 12
4 Acronius Foxhounds 8 2 6 22 31 −9 6
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:16 pm

Another game, another day, another loss. And yet the team never continued not to let it get them down in any way other than the natural cycle of excitement they had during and after a game. At least they all felt like they were learning something, they continued to try different things while trying to practice on what seemed to work the best. With their lack of much needed experience every game was always an interesting outcome, there was nothing else to say about it. Every run, and even the rarer wins, were all unexpected every time it happened. And while this time they did not win, they were able to get three runs, and it always seemed to be when the team worked together the hardest they had the most luck.

Seoc had made sure to continue to take notes on the games, as well as the place around them after the games were over. Cathaoir and Maximilian worked with the other team members to try and get better, as well as helping the batters and catchers get some practice too when they could. Other than that it was mostly relax now, the happiness seemed to be there no matter what, but the excitement only continued during the games now. They all still tried their hardest, and all of them knew that even though they weren't going to make it, but they knew from the beginning that they wouldn't have made it. This was just an experiment after all, a highly successful one, but one not expected to pass by anyone. With the loss to the Cassowaries that just meant one less game until they were gone and out. So the general plan now was to continue to play as hard as possible while getting to know the other cultures. One thing Haraldur was more than willing to try and do, even if the other team's members didn't want to answer him in the middle of a game.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports