NATION

PASSWORD

IBS X- Everything Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:03 pm

Player Profile 1: Catcher Caster Haman

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 175 lbs.
Birthplace: Quantum Creek, Frenline Delpha
Birthdate: July 3rd, 1985
Bats/ Throws: R/R

It was a sweltering day in the small town of Quantum Creek (population 8,675) on the day Caster Herman was born. He was born to Mr. Stanley Wilksmith and Mrs. Jennefry Wilksmith, and he was a perfectly healthy child. His parents lovingly named him Caster Herman, to the doctor's shock.

A question often received by Caster is where he got his unusual name, specifically why his first name is Caster, and why his last name doesn't resemble the name of his parents. The first one stems from his father's favorite book, Tales from the Amorinties. In it is a short story called Smith Complexions, a tale about a young adult male coming to grips with his insanity. In it was a character known as Caster. He was the embodiment of the protagonist's insanity, taking a physical form whenever the character would lose control. While he never presents himself to real people, being a figment of imagination and all, he is the physical embodiment of the chaos caused by the protagonist's insanity. This character interested Caster's dad, and he decided to name his son after it.

The last name comes from his mother. When she was just a young woman, Jennefry was quite the social butterfly. She went to a party one night during her college years at Southern Walston. She was sitting at the bar, choking down a martini when the most charismatic man she had ever met walked up to her. They made small talk, and soon Jennefry found herself in a room alone with this man. However, the man recognized that Jennefry was drunk, and he decided to lay her down to rest in the bed. Before he left the room, however, Jennefry asked him his name. "Haman," the stranger replied.

Caster was a normal child growing up. His parents were both working, but his mom worked the night shift at a local hospital. She was always there to take Caster to school. His dad worked the normal nine-to-five. So, he was never without his parents. His love for baseball was apparent from the day his parents signed him up. His first team was the Cayman Shrimpery BullFrogs. He was seven, and that was the first time he tried catcher. His team ended up going to the finals, but they lost to the cross town rivals Chassis Motors Mustangs 7-2. That didn't discourage Caster. He signed up for the next season, and his dad helped him hones his skills during the winter. He also took Caster to the local batting cages. His dad wanted him to be a great catchr, but he also knew that Vaster needed to know how to hit.

The next three seasons saw Caster's team never make the finals, although Caster was named the Best Catcher in the League in two of those seasons. When Caster was eleven, he joined a local 12U baseball team. He played that for four seasons, and he led his team to a championship that third year. When he entered middle school, he instantly joined the middle school's baseball team. He had some competition for the catcher spot from an eigth grader named Samuel Strotsky. However, Caster was able to prove himself to the coach, and he won the starting spot. The team was average, finishing at 7-5 in the New Frenline Southern Baseball Middle School Conference (NFSBMSC). However, the Atomic Creek Walleyes found steam, and they cruised to the finals against the Souch Lions. It was a hard fought match, and Caster even hit a home run. However, the undefeated Lions stayed that way, claiming the championship by the score of 5-3.

The next year, Caster was back with a vengeance. He led his team in RBIs, and picked off twenty runners through the team's 12 games. The team went 11-1 and won the regular season title. However, their dream run was stopped in the semi-finals by the Stalemate Knights. Caster's final year in baseball for his middle school team was amazing. They went 12-0, and they plowed through the quarter-finals and semi-finals on their way to the championship. They met again with the Stalemate Knights, who were sixth that year by going 4-8 during the regular season. The Walleyes refused to be upset, and they crushed the Knights 8-2. Caster was named MVP. However, high school was starting soon, and Caster had something to prove if he wanted to be a starter.

Caster was put on the JV roster for his freshman year. He was anxious to prove himself, but he knew that junior Jakob Starling was better. He spent the entire winter training with with his dad, and friends. He actually got playing time, but it was only when Starling was injured for two games. He preformed excellently in those two games, and the team finished at a respectable 17-3. They won New Frenline Southern conference, and they made it into the playoffs as a number two seed in the Soutley High School Sectional. They managed to knock off Soutley, and they advanced to a Best-of-3 Regional against the number two medium high school in the provience of New Frenline, Arkfill Armadillos. They dropped both, and the Walleyes' season was over. Even with Caster joining the starting line-up, they Walleyes never managed to get a record better than 12-8. They didn't even get past sectionals either year. However, Caster had the next step to look forward to. His excellent performance had led several colleges to send him scholarship offers. After mulling over his choices, he decided to attend the prestigious Leopold Central Condors. He met with coach Quinton Smarten, and the man's charisma sealed the deal. That and Leopold Central had managed to win the title two years ago, and they were frequently conference champions.

Caster didn't start his Freshman year, but the Condors made it to the the CWS, which they dropped their first two games and were eliminated. Caster ended up winning the starting position for catcher, and he led his team to the super regionals, where they lost in three games. In Caster's junior year, the Condors fell into a slump and didn't even qualify for regionals. Thanks to the explosive combo of Caster and pitcher Damon Wilkes, however, the Condors managed to advance into the CWS for the second time since Caster was there. First, they knocked up Arten Southern, and advanced to the second leg of the double elimination. If they won, they would only need one win to make it to the finals. Thanks to Caster throwing out two, and a two-run triple, the Condors easily handled the Heavenly Snakes. Caster and the crew would then have to wait patiently for the Heavenly Snakes-North Iceville Archers match to finish. The Archers came out on top, and they would face the mighty Condors. All the Condors needed was one win, and they couldn't pull it off. Caster made two errors in those two games, and he went an abysmal 1-7 with two strike-outs. Later that month, Caster was drafted by the Kentworth Pike, and his road to the majors was done.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:45 pm

Cutoff for Groups E-H

Group E
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 1 1 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 7
Levivania Dohickeys 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 4

Ethane Red Stars 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 1 5
Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 4

Group E                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Ethane Red Stars 2 2 0 9 7 +2 6
2 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 2 1 1 10 8 +2 3
3 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 2 1 1 10 8 +2 3
4 Levivania Dohickeys 2 0 2 7 13 −6 0

Group F
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 5
Koana Islands Warriors 5 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 6

Elykyellek Stars 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 3
The Sword Bloke Thunder 0 0 0 1 2 3 0 0 X 6

Group F                                 Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 The Sword Bloke Thunder 2 2 0 10 5 +5 6
2 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 2 1 1 11 11 0 3
3 Koana Islands Warriors 2 1 1 8 9 −1 3
4 Elykyellek Stars 2 0 2 8 12 −4 0

Group G
Oisinistan Red Storm 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2
Lisander Arminhos 1 0 0 1 2 1 1 0 X 6

Avercari Cassowaries 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Ferret Civilization Ferrets 1 0 5 0 1 0 0 0 X 7

Group G                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 Lisander Arminhos 2 2 0 15 4 +11 6
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 2 1 1 8 8 0 3
3 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 2 1 1 9 11 −2 3
4 Avercari Cassowaries 2 0 2 4 13 −9 0

Group H
Nassau Eagles 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 4
South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 5

Acronius Foxhounds 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 3
Potataca Potatos 0 4 2 0 0 0 2 0 X 8

Group H                            Pld W L RF RA  RD Pts 
1 South Yerfilag Eagles 2 2 0 8 5 +3 6
2 Potataca Potatos 2 1 1 9 6 +3 3
3 Nassau Eagles 2 1 1 9 8 +1 3
4 Acronius Foxhounds 2 0 2 6 13 −7 0
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

The Boatia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:13 pm

Gameday 2

"Ok lets get this over with." said Bill Tom "Hope Willy Willer is doing alright in the hospital, he might be back in about 2 seasons of the IBS..." said Samuel Lil. Johny "If this Greg country doesn't nuke our ***'s." interrupted Christopher Billybob "Ok, lets get started on this "hopefully easy" win" said Will Sling. The opponent begun first and the game begun as a scoreless game and then into the 2nd inning the Green Bulls scored. "Ugh, I bet its going to be another big loss now" said George Johner "Don't think that because they scored first" said Dezin Nutin. The next inning with 2 outs and 1 strike Will Sling stepped up on home base. Bridy Boodin was placed on 3rd base waiting to get back home for a point. Will Sling saw that fastball coming at him. He hit it great but it was a double. He ran and stopped at 1st base because he wouldn't make it to 2nd. Will Sling though saw Bridy Boodin run home and score a point for the Boatia Llamas. When Bridy came into the dugout Christopher Billybob was the first to congratulate as he was up to bat. Then next the whole team gave the congratulations to Bridy Boodin. 5-1 was the score in the 7th inning and the Boatia Llama's tried their hardest to catch up. Christopher Billybob up to bat and the pitch came. 0 outs and 0 strikes just the beginning of their 7th inning. Christopher Billybob slammed that ball and it went high. It landed as a triple and he stopped at 2nd base as he wasn't fast enough to get to 3rd without being out. Samuel Lil. Johny came up and the fastball came at him. He hit very strongly and it went and went. It hit a home run and both Christopher Billybob and Samuel Lil. Johny ran as fast as they could to make the score 5-3. All the players came out and jumped on them as a team congratulating them. The next 2 innings Gary Dolgo in the 8th and Will Sling in the 9th both got 1 point for the team. Gary Dolgo hitting a home run and Will Sling getting a triple and Christopher Billybob getting a double to help him get back to home base. Yet the Green Bulls in the last inning got another point and took the win 6-5. "Good game" said Will Sling. "No home runs or points for the team but still I did well." said Dezin Nutin. "Hey, umm Dezin not to offend you or anything but how did you get your name" asked Bill Tom. "Ehm, long story, sorta, so it all started with my parents being addicted to internet memes and stuff and they loved the Deez Nutz one. Their last name surprisingly was Nutin and so because they were to addicted they named me Dezin and now to this day they regret the decision. I wasn't made fun of in school but instead called popular because internet memes were the big deal in school so... yeah story." "There was 1 kid who made fun of me and telling his friends to "suck me" but then that kid was expelled for pulling a bad prank on each teacher." said Dezin Nutin "NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" said Christopher Billybob "Now for some pizza and coke." asked Christopher Billybob and once again every ran to the limo and tried to find a new place as the stadium is located in a big,big city.

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:51 pm

This is Boatia Sports the live coverage of the sports events our country, The Boatia are in

Denny Footer: I am your host Denny Footer here with Greg Takin,Jerry Verdin and Mike Bullard.

Mike Bullard: We are back here to cover groups D E and F

Jerry Verdin: Group D 66ers,Phoenix,Ruarbears and Ultras

Greg Takin: Phoenix | 66ers | Ultras | Ruarbears

Mike Bullard: Phoenix | Ultras | 66ers | Ruarbears

Denny Footer: Phoenix | Ultras | 66ers | Ruarbears

Jerry Verdin: Phoenix | 66ers | Ultras | Ruarbears

Mike Bullard: Interesting...

Jerry Verdin: Group E Red Stars,Anacondas,Bat Slaves and Dohickeys

Greg Takin: Anacondas | Bat Slaves | Red Stars | Dohickeys

Mike Bullard: Bat Slaves | Anacondas | Red Stars | Dohickeys

Denny Footer: Bat Slaves | Anacondas | Red Stars | Dohickeys

Jerry Verdin: Bat Slaves | Anacondas | Red Stars | Dohickeys

Denny Footer: The Bat Slaves and Anacondas are 2 amazing teams so this was a tough choice

Jerry Verdin: Group F Stars,Thundersticks,Thunder and Warriors

Greg Takin: Thundersticks | Warriors | Thunder | Stars

Mike Bullard: Agree with you Greg

Denny Footer: Me too

Jerry Verdin: Thundersticks | Warriors | Stars | Thunder

Greg Takin: Good work guys now Denny do we have time for Group H and G or will that come tomorrow

Denny Footer: I am afraid it will come tomorrow but tonight here are the games being aired

On this channel we have first the Burgers vs. Lions and then right after Phoenix vs. Ultras
On the next channel we have airing Thundersticks vs. Warriors and then right after Eagles vs. Eagles and yes that is what we get with 2 teams with the same nickname in the same group

This is brought to you by IBS where we are getting our predictions from so you don't have to commit suicide over an act of god overnight

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Phoenix Thrash Camelone 12-4

Chalk another one up in the win column for the Kaboomlandia Phoenix. A 12-4 win over unranked Camelone put the Phoenix at 2-0 for first in Group D with a date against unranked Ruairikstan coming up. Manager Ryan Peart started Ross Brown and he looked like a genius, as Brown put up six innings of work with three runs, none of which were earned, against an outclassed Camelonean side. The highlight of the game came in the top of the 8th inning:

"Jesse Willis up to bat. The pitch comes in and Willis...hits this one! Deep back to left field...GONE! Jesse Willis with a three-run shot, puts the nail in the Camelonean coffin! It's now 12-4 Phoenix!"

The Phoenix will continue their run through Group D with a match versus unranked Ruairikstan, who idiotically listed their catcher as playing in the outfield. Most people are predicting another easy win for Kaboomlandia, but Ryan Peart is keeping his expectations tempered: "They may not know how to play baseball properly, but we can't get overconfident and start swinging for the fences, because that's when you start losing games. We have to just play our game."

Also in Group D, the Serbian Empire beat up on Ruairikstan 5-1. Other games to note for high-ranking opposition:
- Host Schiltzberg lost 5-3 to the Nova Anglicana Lions in Group A.
- Abanhfleft beat San Llera 3-2 in Group C.
- Group E was rain-delayed.
- The Sword Bloke won as expected, while the United States of Devonta were shocked 6-5 by the Koana Islands.
- Acronius lost. To Potataca. Seriously.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Seoc found himself looking at his team again for the second game, he supposed he should start trying to come up with some sort of inspirational speech or something. But given all their excitement just to be here, it didn't seem like that was necessary, and nothing he said would probably change the outcome of the game. They all had learned a lot from their defeat to the first team they played against. Though he was sure every team probably played different. "Well, here we are for another game."

"Yes!" Mathias Emyr cried out, that got a good laugh from them all.

"Yes, another game. Now it goes without saying, go give them your best. I look forward to telling The Colony about this, whether it be a success or not. You all make everyone proud."

After the game Seoc found some spare time amidst the celebration to report back to The Colony on their amazing unexpected success.
FC Ferrets

Head Councilor Cornell, Councilor Hilja, whichever one of you finds yourself reading this.

You have probably heard about the sports games going on, no doubt this is quite an event for everyone within The Colony. Though while we have taken the first game we participated in as a loss, this game we just took part in was a surprising win for us. This was a great idea, while I have no idea if this is getting the exposure that was expected or not, this is doing better than expected for us here. The team, well their quite the collection, you all did a great job choosing them out for this special occasion, hopefully to take place as a regular event for The Colony too. And the team members themselves are all quite excited to be here, as am I, we haven't stopped having fun since we got to this place. Other cultures are fascinating, I'll be sure to try and get as much information from anyone I can. Hopefully the other teams and people feel the same way about us. There isn't much else to say about the setting here, as time goes on there should be more to add.

As for the game the team had just took part in, it has really raised the moral, though it never did take a hit from the earlier loss. The team seems to keep up this attitude without any setback no matter what. They were probably able to use that to get an early run on the other team, which again, was quite exciting. Even with a few slip ups here and there, no of the team members care about it, it all is just fun and games since the real purpose has just been to get out there so far. The third inning will probably be all the talk for the any of the sports fans back home, how the team was able to do that was beyond any of us, but the whole team had to work together to do that, and it was no easy feat. The other team was also very challenging, we were all surprised they didn't hand our tails to us like the first team we faced did. It built up the momentum for all of us. Well there should be a more official soon when more games have happened, right now we are all still in party mode.

Seoc walked out of his room to the party the whole team was still celebrating, Mathias ran up to him, pretty much tackling him to the ground, "We did it!"

"Yes you all did..." He was interrupted by a cry out of joy. "Great job! You all did great!"

They spent the rest of the after game partying and celebrating each others small achievements during both games. Never seeming to run out of enegry
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:51 pm

who knew?
No one knew what Ethane would be like. An unranked team, with no experience in baseball, and with a clueless manager who needed to look to other teams to find out what players he would need in his lineup. It was all tipped against Ethane coming into this tournament. With one of the catchers injured in training a week before, a replacement had to be found quickly, which is extremely difficult in anp nation where baseball isn't played professionally. They had to take a player from the rounders team and hope they fitted in, even though the rules and set up of the game are different. The wrong plane tickets were bought for the journey down here, so the Ethane team had to take a midnight flight to get here, ruling out a day of training. Everything seemed to be going wrong.
But this wasn't the full story. You just had to look at the team in training to know they were determined. They were playing to their strengths and even though they hadn't much experience in baseball, or even know many of the rules or how the scoring works, they grouped together into a unified team to learn how to play. They didn't have much time to do this, but they did it. And the results are shown byn the incredible games they have played. Beating frenline delpha on the first day came as a shock to everyone. No one was able to comprehend the scale of the victory. The team were ecstatic after that match. Theynfelt like they'd won the whole thing already, the way most of the players were celebrating. Their first baseball game, against a much more experienced team than them, and they managed to pull off a victory.
After that night of celebration, they got straight back to training, concentrating on what they do best, which was teamwork. Their focus on teamwork created a great spirit around the training site, which put the whole team in a good mood. They focused on the game against the number 1. Now, no one expected Ethane to win this, they all knew who should win. The supporters of Ethane just hoped that their team would put up a good fight to make the number one feel they were at least playing against a side who could score a homerun. So when the team came in together, and huddled up in their pre- match talk, they were all fired up ready to go. While everyone else had been saying they couldn't win, the Ethane team was always thinking, if we play well enough, you never know, we could surprise quite a few people. So they went in with that mindset. And did they play their best? Yes. They went out there and stormed the field, their gameplay shocking the number one ranked team in the world. Considering it was only their second professional game of baseball, they played extremely well, making the best team in the world look like an average side. I don't know what it was, but they just couldn't quite get into the game quite as well as we could.it was a close game. That is what the Ethanian team wanted. They wanted to make the Gregoryisgodistan bat slaves feel the pressure. But they did more than that. To everyone's surprise, they upset the bat slaves. No one saw it coming, the team bunched together just a few weeks before this tournament beating the number one team, the bat slaves. It took everyone by surprise. 5-4 to Ethane. Breaking news all over the country it was, and the whole country just erupted in cheer as Ethane won. A nation of supporters of a new team in a new sport which no one had ever heard of in Ethane making it big and winning possibly the biggest match of their career, even though it was only their second game. The only news channel to be broadcasting parts of the tournament literally have created a special edition to celebrate this victory. Ever since this massive victory spread a wave of euphoria across Ethane, baseball teams have begun to spring up in schools across the sixth form. A new age of kids brought up to live this game that this team of misfits love so much they took time out of their own lives to come to this tournament to play baseball, even though they are getting paid for nothing. All they hope is that their success here helps to bring publicity to baseball and make it a popular sport in Ethane. And they all obviously dream of joining a professional baseball club. They are hoping that one day soon, a baseball league will be formed in Ethane, and they mwill be able to play the sport they love to their hearts content. But until then, they have this tournament to finish. And they hope to finish in the best way possible, and stay in for the longest they can. Nothings going to stop them now in their view. According to them, they're on top of the world now. Thank you for reading this, and until next time, keep running your home and pitching to those kids about the qualities of a sport such as baseball. Until next time, goodbye.
This post was brought to you by Matthew Darting, ENTV special sports correspondent for other sports, soon to be head of the Ethane Baseball Association, which is forming within the next few years. ENTV- BRINGING YOU THE BEST OF ETHANE TV- FOR FREE... SUBSCRIBE TO OUR SPORTS EXTRA BUNDLE FOR ONLY £15.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Koana Islands
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Koana Islands » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:00 pm

Warriors take down Farro with 5-run first inning

United States of Devonta Thundersticks (0-2)  2 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0   5
Koana Islands Warriors (1-1) 5 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 6
W: J.Hedner (1-0) L: D.Farro (0-1) S: J.Renberg (1)

A 5-run rally in the first inning was enough for the Koana Islands Warriors as they clung on for 6-5 victory over the United States of Devonta.

The explosion began innocently enough, with Helmer Bjornstrand lofting a leadoff single into shallow right field to cap a 7-pitch at-bat. When Ambjorn Lundmark struck out on three pitches, Farro looked like he had everything in control.

But then Torbjorn Marcusson blooped a double to right, and that’s when things started to fall apart for the Thundersticks starter. Farro walked Simon Hansen, served up Abraham Hormertz’s 2-run single on 1-2 pitch, walked Klas Ellingsson and then watched helplessly as Jesper Vik beat out a dribbler to shortstop.

And when Emil Barkström laced his own 2-run single to center, Farro’s night came an abrupt — and historic — conclusion. He is the first starting pitcher the Warriors have knocked out after only one-third of an inning, with no injury forcing the departure.

A solo homer by Helmer Bjornstrand in the 5th padded the lead to 6-2 before the USD mounted a late comeback but ultimately fell short.

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Hotel rooms

"Agh...."Eli sighed. He stared at the blue tinted alcohol he had to his side. He tapped on it, making a small rhythm to occupy his time. "I don't see why the hell not. Pitching..."He said to himself. Right after he took a swig of it he turned to the door. 'We have nothing to improve. I said it yesterday,m'kay. And we didn't freakin do it today."

Their was a smirking David Yommoro in the doorway. "You make me wonder how a man can be such a moral loser and still play on the top of the league."

Eli turned to him again,"Well, one: Its called emotions. I got joy if we win. I thought you witnessed this already. Oh and two-"Yommoro cut him off. "Yeah,I witnessed you being a poor sport and tired loser after we got edged out of the playoffs in the WBC. Its getting old..."Yommoro sighed,spilling the glass of vodka right into the trash. "Son of a.."

"Your lucky it didn't hit your suit that should be on you. Clock's ticking, media will get fined, and you might too. Were practicing aswell after. Were going to the field and were expecting full roster. You've never missed a game,and no matter how pissed you are who how 'depressed' you are, you've never missed media conferences either. We can turn around. Its two damn games Allen,so get your crap together." Yommoro walked out of Eli's hotel room. After a sigh and mental complaints, he got dressed and took his trip out.

Shadownian Baseball Channel, SBC

"Hello and welcome to the next edition of the Shadownian broadcast. Today our representing team got defeated. Is it their own doing's or are they outplayed? Will the Ice Birds stay a shocker? Well tonights the night we dive into full coverage on SBC. Tonight we are joined by not only your host Jay Hives, but former designated hitter of the western MLB league, Leo Koekowski, and our other resident anchor, Sierra Chandles."

Chandles: Thanks for the greetings.

Leo: Same. So, what topics are we diving into first?

Jay: The relief pitching crisis the Mafia had to deal with. It went all the way to Leeroy Ko! The replacement and bench warmer! He pitched the final three two outs for the 8th inning when Kat Waterboy was taken out. Struck out the side. Perhaps Shadownia has backup relievers in plain sight?

Leo: Heh,maybe. The manager spoke very swiftly about the topic last time I checked. Said that having one or two short relievers may not be to bad.

Chandles: But what about the Mafia's lack of clutch pitching? Do you think that may work, per say, on a game where Shadownia is up by one or two runs?

Jay: Well,that depends on the pitching situations. If the other teams as no runs or very few, then maybe. But that's a cold maybe. Our four relievers our always first though.

Leo: Good point.

Jay: On the topic of the Mafia, they are now 0-2 on the season with both of their starting pitchers dealing with losses.

Chandles: Hevel's is a good pitcher though. In his entire NSports career, he has no losses!

Leo: Yeah. The guys a stud. When he got called up from the Shadowian league and into the NSports roster, I was shocked. A 6-11 pitcher? I thought we had a few betters! Now I can see why.

Jay: Yep, before IBS X and after the last WBC in the Shadownian League he had returned and went 19-4!

Chandles: He got the Western League Allstar award and the SPA. Well deserved with that nasty curve of his.

Jay: What about the offense? Can they be productive like they said they would be?

Leo: Probably, but later on. We were seeing some improvements today, but they ended up getting outplayed by the defense.

Chandles: Surprised nobodies mentioned D-Yomm. Gotta give him credit! He hit that ball the way it was supposed to be hit.

Jay: Aye, D-yomm. So far hes been 5-6 in plate appearances with one HBP.

Chandles: What about outside of just Shadownia and their division?

Leo: You took the words right out of my mouth. How about the Ice Birds. Hitting homers with hockey sticks.

Jay(laughin): Aye. They have been killing it so far.

Chandles: Right now they are undefeated following the shut out on the...

Leo: Coconut Isle Dwarves! Who knew?

Jay: Footage will resume after the break and editing will happen again!
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:29 pm

Part One Part Two

There's the Way, Where's the Will?, Part Three

The man wearing the black suit who had been watching the residence of Ruslana Koppelberg since the disappearance of her brother Matthew finally got out of his government-provided Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, walked over to the door of the house and rang the doorbell. The man waited patiently on the steps leading to the door before it opened. Behind the door was a woman, but it wasn't Ruslana Koppelberg who was standing there. Instead it was a young woman, probably just about twenty or so but maybe a little or a lot younger, and she was wearing the classic Catholic schoolgirl uniform. "Is Matthew Koppelberg here?" he asked.

"Hang on a minute," the girl replied. "Father Koppelberg!" she called out. Soon after, Matt, dressed in a black shirt with a white clerical collar and nothing else below and holding a bottle of whiskey by the neck, walked into the living room and said, "What is it, my child?" in a somber tone. And then he saw the man standing in the doorway, muttered, "Holy shit!" and ran back to the kitchen. A short while later, he was back in the living room, hurriedly putting on a pair of beige slacks. "Kimmy, why don't you run back to my room," he told the girl. "I have to talk to this man and now!"

"But I was just getting ready for lesson number five!" the girl complained.

"There's always time for lessons later. Now run along, or else Father Koppelberg could punish you!" As the girl ran off, Matt slapped her rump and then turned to face the visitor. "Clem, how's it hanging, pal?"

"Matt Koppelberg, you little devil," Clement DeVille said as he entered the house. "I see that you've still got a penchant for the woman. So, what's your scenario? Naughty nun caught by repressed priest?"

"Catholic schoolgirl, actually," Matt replied with a grin. "So, what brings you to my sister's house, Clem?"

"First of all, let me say congratulations for shaking the RBI off of your tail, even if it was just for a few hours," DeVille said as the two of them sat down on the couch. Matt offered whiskey, but DeVille politely refused. "Can't exactly be drinking on the job, you know."

"Oh, don't down yourself too much, Clem," Matt said. "Even when you're drunk, you're still the best RBI Senior Special Agent I've ever seen."

"No denying that, Matt," DeVille said, raising his hands in surrender. "Anyway, it did take me a few hours, but I did manage to find you here, didn't I?"

"And I'm not gonna question how you did it," Matt replied. "So, is anyone else on my trail at the moment or is it just you?"

"It's just me, don't worry. Speaking of which, you guys are really in a bit of a pickle with the Bureau, you know. You do remember that we were founded to fight against fraudsters and conmen before we became something like the MSS, yeah?"

"I seem to recall a fact like that in the back of my head," Matt muttered as he sipped his whiskey.

"Anyway, the guys at the Bureau are really mad that you and your friends dumped a ton of shit stocks on the poor and unsuspecting people of Abanhfleft, and now they've promised 'no holds barred' in their cases against you. They're gonna dig up every square inch of your life to find your greatest and most closely guarded secrets and use them all against you. Now, I need you to be honest with me, Matt. Have you ever done anything in your life that could land you in trouble?"

"I can't really think of anything, no," Matt said. "I was a bit of a part of the hooligan culture in England before I went back, but other than that, no skeletons in the closet."

"You just make sure of that," DeVille said. "It can be hard for me to cover your ass when I don't know how big of an ass I've got to cover."

"When you say it like that, it sounds a little bit homoerotic. No offense."

"Say what you want, Matt. But remember that if you go down, I go down. And who's gonna use the money in those offshore accounts in Copper Cuprum when we're both in the slammer?"

"I'm very much well aware of that, Clement," Matt said, using DeVille's full Christian name to show that he really meant business.

Right at that moment the door opened, and Smiley and Japheth Koppelberg entered the house. Japhy was carrying a great big backpack bulging with books while Smiley was carrying a pizza box. The smell of freshly baked cheese and meats tickled Matt's nostrils.

"Hey, Matt," Smiley said as she and Japhy entered the living room. "Who's your friend?"

"He's a buddy of mine," Matt said. "From New Utrecht." New Utrecht was a slang term for the Republican Bureau of Investigation, and came from the name of the district where the RBI's headquarters were located.

"Oh," Smiley said. "Is he on the up and up?"

"Let's just say that we have... mutual interests."

"Oh, all right. Well, if y'all are hungry, I've got an Ultimate Cheese and Meat Pizza from Pizza Stack here." Smiley then disappeared into the kitchen.

"Well, it seems as if it's goodbye for now," DeVille said as he and Matt stood up.

"Oh, don't be such a sap about it, Clem," Matt replied. "Now get out of here before I report you for violating my sister's rights against illegal entrance by persons of authority."

"Father Koppelberg!" the girl with whom Matt was fooling around called out from his room, Smiley's former guest room.

"And it sounds like your, ahem, student's calling you," DeVille said. "Father," he added as a joking afterthought as he turned around to leave.

"It's only because you haven't had some," Matt said to DeVille's back as the RBI agent went out of the house and into the street. "Coming, my child!" he called out, and then he ran back to his room, just as Smiley peeped out from the kitchen and tried to look for the source of the female voice that had called out just moments ago. Then Smiley shook her head, as if thinking that it was just her imagination, and returned to the kitchen.

"Hey Japhy, go and call Matt down here for dinner. I'm sure he's probably starving already."

"All right, sis," Japheth Koppelberg said as he slid out of his seat on the dining table and headed for the guest room where Matt, the brother he never he had until now, was staying. Japhy walked up the stairs to the guest bedroom and turned the knob only to find that it was locked. He knocked on the door and said, "Hey, Matt?"

"Yeah," came the reply, muffled by the door.

"Dinner's ready," Japhy said.

"Uh-huh."

"It's Ultimate Cheese and Meat from Pizza Stack, if you're wondering."

"Oh, yeah, that's it. That's what I want!"

"If you want, I'll give you one slice of my share."

"Mm-hmm, you do that."

"Wait a minute, man. Are you talking to me or are you..." But Japhy didn't have a chance to finish his question before it was answered.

"Oh my God! Oh yeah!" a female voice cried out from inside Matt's room. "Oh my God, Matt, you are just the best!"

"I know, right?" Matt replied, loudly enough for Japhy to hear through the door.

"Yeah, I'll just be leaving you a slice," Japhy said to the door before going back down to the kitchen.

"Hey, Smiley, did you know that Matt's got a girl in his room?" he asked his sister as soon as he got back into the dining room.

"Really? I hadn't heard," Smiley replied.

"For real? That girl he had was screaming her lungs out."

"I was being sarcastic, Japhy," Smiley said. "And it's never good form for someone to listen in on his brother having sex with whoever he likes." She then turned her attention to the pizza in front of them. "Jeez, they weren't kidding when they said that it was the ultimate pizza," she said. And indeed the pizza was almost as big as the table on which she had placed it. "Now I really hope Matt gets some post-coital cravings," Smiley muttered.

"Well, think of it this way, Smiles," Japheth said. "We've got enough to go between us and still have enough for Matt and his booty call."

"Nah, I've seen girls like her before," Smiley said. "They ain't gonna eat after sex, that's for sure."

"You sound sure of that, sis. Did you learn that from your lesbian phase?"

"For the last time, Japhy, it wasn't a phase; it was a legitimate stage of the development of my sexuality." For a few years, Smiley Koppelberg had declared herself a lesbian and had relationships with a number of women and fellow lesbians before she then felt that she was a heterosexual woman once again.

"Whatever, Japh. Just eat," Smiley commanded as she took hold of a slice and began to eat. Japheth, knowing when to not push the issue, took a slice for himself and ate. Two hours later, the pizza had been reduced to a single slice sitting in the middle of the box, and Smiley and Japheth had been reduced to two lethargic masses seated around the table barely making any effort to move.

"God, I've never had this much to eat since forever," Japheth muttered through greasy lips.

"At least it's really got seven kinds of meats and cheeses in it, I'll give them that," Smiley said. Pizza Stack had a reputation of its actual products never really stacking up with what they advertised.

"You wanna eat that last slice?" Smiley asked. "I mean, I'm so full I feel like I'm gonna give birth to a pizza monster."

"Nah, sis, not really," Japheth replied. "I'm too full of that stuff now too. You say you're gonna give birth to a pizza monster? I feel like I'm about to let out a planet-sized pizza turd."

"Oh, man, don't talk about turds, please. I feel like I'm gonna have to let one loose right now."

"Hello there, brother and sister!" Matt called out cheerfully as he bounded down the steps of the staircase and into the dining room wearing a sweaty gray shirt and boxer shorts. There was a definite spring to his step and he had what would be called in the armed forces a shit-eating grin on his face. "What's going on, fam?" he asked. "How's our dinner?"

"It's in here," Smiley mumbled, pointing at her abdomen.

"Yes, I can see that. Anyway, I'm starving. I see a single slice on the table, and I don't see anybody reaching for it. Is there something wrong with it?"

"No, not really," Japheth said, struggling to move while feeling a big bursting pressure in his stomach. "Never eat more than four slices of an Ultimate Meat and Cheese Pizza, I'm telling you that now."

"Well, does anyone want the slice?" Matt asked.

"Not me," Smiley said. "You can have it, Japhy."

"What, me? No way. I'm too full. You have it, Smiley."

"No, you have it."

"No, you have it!"

"Seriously, guys?" Matt asked. "You two are going to fight over who gets the last slice of pizza? What is this, a sitcom's pilot episode? If you're not gonna eat that slice then I sure as hell am!" With that said he took the last slice of pizza and ate it. "Mm, that was good, but I'm still hungry," he muttered. "Well, don't let me keep you here. I'm just going to look around for some more food before I go for round seven. Good night!" he called out as he left the house through the back door.

"You know what that reminds me of, Japhy?" Smiley asked.

"What?"

"Something that Mom used to say. To keep a man happy, make sure that his stomach is full and his balls are empty."

"What I'd give to make my stomach empty."

Smiley and Japheth locked eyes at that moment, and both of them held the gaze for as long as possible, and then in a burst of speed both of them stood up and ran for the bathroom.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:08 am

Sebastian Garnet, to TV5 Sports

Nothing holds our baseball. The second match of the IBS X brought another comfortable win for Ermines. This 6-2 against Oisinistan Red Storm, was the first attempt of Hiddleston coaching to play with batter order, giving room for faces that were standing on the bench, as Theodore Canterville and Luke Potter, who played as fifth and sixth hitter, respectively.

1 Julian Matsumori
2 Martin Hansen
3 Kenji Hirano
4 Rei Yokoyama
5 Theodore Canterville
6 Lucas Potter
7 Andreas Argan
8 Adrian Solis
9 Tiago Porter

The Arminhos controlled the match, scoring in the first inning with a beautiful Home Run Kenji Hirano. The difference could also have been expanded, but the beautiful hit by Rei Yokoyama who must had to be the second Home Run was caught in the air at the very end of the field by the Oisinistanian right fielder, Conor Devereux.

The scort only returned to change in the fourth inning when Julian Matsumori hit a triple that made Andreas Argan finish his race. At the beginning of the fifth inning, Devereux reappeared for Red Storm, this time being pushed to get the first run of Oisinistan in the game. Immediate response came from Lisander with Kenji Hirano and Rei Yokoyama being driven by double hit of Andreas Argan. At the end of the fifth inning, the score was 4-1 for Lisander.

Lisander still got two more runs. The first with Andreas Argan in the sixth inning, and soon after, in the seventh, a Home Run in right field with Martin Hansen, who had a bad start in game, but recovered. Finally, in the ninth inning, Steve O'Dwyer get the second run finish the game with 6-2.

Game over, guaranteed lead with extremely positive Run Difference. I wonder whether if is not time for the Hiddlestone coach start to rotate players. The next game, against Avercari (0-2) lantern looks like the perfect occasion for it.

Final Result
Oisinistan Red Storm               0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1  2
Lisander Arminhos 1 0 0 1 2 1 1 0 X 6
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm

This is Boatia Sports... YOU KNOW THE ROUTINE

Denny Footer: Hello I am your host Denny Footer and our... people who control the intro are lazy

Jerry Verdin: Group G is Red Storm,Arminhos,Cassowaries and Ferrets

Greg Takin: Arminhos | Ferrets | Red Storm | Cassowaries

Mike Bullard: Agree with Greg

Denny Footer: With Greg

Jerry Verdin: Got your pick Greg

Greg Takin: I guess everyone thinks Arminhos going to get Group G now for Group H

Jerry Verdin: Group H is Nassau Eagles,Yerfilag Eagles,Foxhounds,Potatos

Greg Takin: Nassau Eagles | Yerfilag Eagles | Potatos | Foxhounds

Everyone: AGREE

Denny Footer: That is all for now, tomorrow we will cover the top 5 best teams in the league this year and Boatia predictions on Sunday

This show is presented by Coca Cola, Every Boatian's favorite drink (cuz I am tired of just being sponsored by the IBS)

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:53 am

removed
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:57 am

A couple of days into the tournament, and Ethane were into the real swing of things. After having beaten the top ranked baseball team, they were looking forward to the rest of the team. The whole nation was behind them, and cheering them on. They felt they were on top of the world.
One evening, they were all gathered in their hotel room, joking about. The television was playing in the background, focusing on the news on Ethane. The team always liked to keep in touch with what was happening in their own country while they were away. They also just loved to see themselves on TV. But today was different. Today the news had a much more sombre tone to it. On this day, while the team had been busy preparing for their next game, a serious terrorist attack had hit. As soon as they got back into the hotel, they found their social media pages covered with news about the terrorists, and consolidating with them. Some of the team had family and friends who were in the area at the time of the attack, and when they got back, they just cried, and prayed they were safe. No one knew how bad it was, how much damage had been done. All they could do was tweet #PrayforParis and turn on the news to find out what had happened.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:05 am

(Background: During the seventh inning stretch in Schiltzberg, rather than singing the national anthem or "Take Me Out to the Ballgame," they celebrate the cultural diversity of the nation, and have an artist sing a song, perform a short play, or perform a poem.)

To perform the seventh inning stretch of game two versus Nova Anglicana, a rider rides out on horseback in full Spanish medieval armor. He is holding a piece of parchment in his hand and recites:

To Dulcinea,

Taking a moment, he takes a deep breath, kisses the name, and continues the letter, making loving gestures as he speaks:

Dulcinea, forever dear,
I ever wish to have you near
To cradle me and pull apart
The tender strings that are my heart;
So tender and so fine indeed
It forces me to fetch my steed,
That Rozinante, with such speed
He doth run as in despair.

At this, he spurs his horse, which breaks into a great gallop, and circles the outfield.

I bringeth thee a saddle bag,
Humble not, but golden-clad,
Of which I ever did aquire
From loyal deeds of my faithful squire;
That Sancho, whom I'm sure you know,
From he to you this letter will show,
And on he the most, save you, bestow
My ever utmost care.

Looks of grief strike across the horseman's face, and he clutches his heart, falling off his horse, and the audience thinks that the actor has had a heart attack, but then find that he is only acting to show how much in love he is. A woman enters the stage, who appears to be the woman the horseman is writing to, and she overhears his aside, but the horseman does not realize that she is there.

Dulcinea, to you I send
To quest to say my knee shall bend
In marriage to thee from Heaven above,
For, in truth, it's only thee I love.
For dare I not to make a jest;
Let Sancho Panza, he, attest
That only with thee I am to rest,
O Dulcinea so fair.

The horseman continues his motions, and at "bend," kneels down and pretends to hold up a ring. He closes his letter by writing:

With the greatest regards,
The Knight of the Woeful Figure.

With that, the woman makes herself known to the horseman, and realizing she is there, he runs to greet her, and they embrace in a long kiss, and a great showing of mutual affection. The lights go dim and the crowd applauds. Then the actors leave the playing field and play resumes.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:52 am

Games 3 and 4 Cut-off

Group A
Boatia Llamas 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 4 X 7

Nova Anglicana Lions 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 0 4
Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 0 3 0 1 0 2 0 0 X 6

Group A                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Nova Anglicana Lions 3 2 1 20 10 +10 6
2 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 3 2 1 17 9 +8 6
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 3 2 1 13 16 −3 6
4 Boatia Llamas 3 0 3 9 24 −15 0

Group B
Pulunia Redwhite 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2
Torisakia Ice Birds 0 0 3 0 0 1 1 0 X 5

Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 2 0 5
Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 2 0 1 5 0 1 0 0 X 9

Group B                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Torisakia Ice Birds 3 3 0 17 6 +11 9
2 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 3 1 2 14 16 −2 3
3 Pulunia Redwhite 3 1 2 8 11 −3 3
4 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 3 1 2 10 16 −6 3

Group C
Abanhfleft Revolution 0 0 0 6 0 0 0 0 0 6
Silvacometopia Sharks 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Pinoyistan Destoroyers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
San Llera San Llerans 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 X 3

Group C                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Abanhfleft Revolution 3 3 0 12 2 +10 9
2 Silvacometopia Sharks 3 2 1 9 8 +1 6
3 San Llera San Llerans 3 1 2 5 7 −2 3
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 3 0 3 2 11 −9 0

Group D
Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 1 0 5
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Camelone Ultras 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 3
The Serbian Empire 66ers 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1

Group D                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 3 2 1 22 14 +8 6
2 Camelone Ultras 3 2 1 14 17 −3 6
3 The Serbian Empire 66ers 3 1 2 11 12 −1 3
4 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 3 1 2 10 14 −4 3

Game 4

Group A
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 0 3 0 0 0 2 0 2 1 8
Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 0 1 0 1 1 0 2 1 0 6

Nova Anglicana Lions 6 2 1 0 1 3 1 0 0 14
Boatia Llamas 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 1 1 6

1 Nova Anglicana Lions 4 3 1 34 16 +18 9
2 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 4 3 1 25 15 +10 9
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 4 2 2 19 24 −5 6
4 Boatia Llamas 4 0 4 15 38 −23 0

Group B
Torisakia Ice Birds 1 0 0 2 3 0 1 0 1 8
Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Coconut Isle Dwarfs 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 3
Pulunia Redwhite 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

1 Torisakia Ice Birds 4 4 0 25 7 +18 12
2 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 4 2 2 13 17 −4 6
3 Pulunia Redwhite 4 1 3 9 14 −5 3
4 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 4 1 3 15 24 −9 3

Group C
Silvacometopia Sharks 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
San Llera San Llerans 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 X 3

Pinoyistan Destoroyers 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abanhfleft Revolution 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 2

1 Abanhfleft Revolution 4 4 0 14 2 +12 12
2 Silvacometopia Sharks 4 2 2 11 11 0 6
3 San Llera San Llerans 4 2 2 8 9 −1 6
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 4 0 4 2 13 −11 0

Group D
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 0 0 1 6 0 1 1 0 9
The Serbian Empire 66ers 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1

Camelone Ultras 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 X 3

1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 4 3 1 31 15 +16 9
2 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 4 2 2 13 14 −1 6
3 Camelone Ultras 4 2 2 14 20 −6 6
4 The Serbian Empire 66ers 4 1 3 12 21 −9 3
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Phoenix go 1-1 in doubleheader

Kaboomlandia's national baseball team started off their doubleheader day horribly, losing to Ruairikstan 5-2, but the Phoenix bounced back with a 9-1 win over the Serbian Empire.

Think about that for a minute. Kaboomlandia. Lost. To. Ruairikstan. The Ruarbears (what the hell is a Ruarbear anyway?) jumped on Kaboomlandia early in the third inning with two runs, and held the Phoenix to two runs overall despite having no catcher behind home plate - the catcher, Jimbob Lucozade, was inexplicably playing in the outfield. Manager Ryan Peart called the loss "embarrassing", stating that the team was snuck up on.

But the Phoenix bounced back in the second half, demolishing the Serbian Empire 9-1 to maintain their death grip on the group lead. The Kaboomlandians jumped out to a 7-0 lead by the fifth inning, capped off by this blast by Jose McGuire:

"Three men on base now with McGuire up to bat. First pitch comes and it's just outside, ball one. The Serbian pitcher staring down the Phoenix ace, here comes the pitch and McGuire smokes it! Straight down the middle...it...is...GONE! Jose McGuire with the out-of-the-park grand slam and the Phoenix lead seven to nothing!"

The Phoenix never looked back, getting additional runs in the seventh and eighth innings to seal the game. The Phoenix will play Camelone tomorrow in a game that is expected to be another romp in favour of the Phoenix - Camelone had zero runs against Ruairikstan, but the equally inept Ruarbears couldn't get anything going until the ninth inning - but after all, if a team of Ruarbears, whatever those are, can defeat Kaboomlandia, winning isn't guaranteed anymore.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Schiltzberg
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Matchday 3 Cutoff

Group E
Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 5
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Levivania Dohickeys 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 3
Ethane Red Stars 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 2 X 7

1 Ethane Red Stars 3 3 0 16 10 +6 9
2 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 3 2 1 15 9 +6 6
3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 3 1 2 11 13 −2 3
4 Levivania Dohickeys 3 0 3 10 20 −10 0

Group F
The Sword Bloke Thunder 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 3
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 5

Koana Islands Warriors 4 0 2 0 0 0 1 1 1 9
Elykyellek Stars 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 1 5

1 Koana Islands Warriors 3 2 1 17 14 +3 6
2 The Sword Bloke Thunder 3 2 1 13 10 +3 6
3 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 3 2 1 16 14 +2 6
4 Elykyellek Stars 3 0 3 13 21 −8 0

Group G
Ferret Civilization Ferrets 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Oisinistan Red Storm 0 6 0 0 2 1 0 1 X 10

Lisander Arminhos 0 0 1 3 1 0 0 0 1 6
Avercari Cassowaries 1 0 2 0 3 0 0 1 X 7

1 Lisander Arminhos 3 2 1 21 11 +10 6
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 3 2 1 18 9 +9 6
3 Avercari Cassowaries 3 1 2 11 19 −8 3
4 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 3 1 2 10 21 −11 3

Group H
Potataca Potatos 0 1 0 1 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 6
Nassau Eagles 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 2 8

South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 4
Acronius Foxhounds 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3

1 South Yerfilag Eagles 3 3 0 12 8 +4 9
2 Nassau Eagles 3 2 1 17 14 +3 6
3 Potataca Potatos 3 1 2 15 14 +1 3
4 Acronius Foxhounds 3 0 3 9 17 −8 0

Matchday 4 Cutoff

Group E
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Ethane Red Stars 0 0 1 0 0 0 4 0 X 5

Levivania Dohickeys 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 6 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 X 9

1 Ethane Red Stars 4 4 0 21 13 +8 12
2 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 4 3 1 24 10 +14 9
3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 4 1 3 14 18 −4 3
4 Levivania Dohickeys 4 0 4 11 29 −18 0

Group F
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 0 0 4 0 0 0 2 1 0 7
Elykyellek Stars 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3

Koana Islands Warriors 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3
The Sword Bloke Thunder 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 X 4

1 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 4 3 1 23 17 +6 9
2 The Sword Bloke Thunder 4 3 1 17 13 +4 9
3 Koana Islands Warriors 4 2 2 20 18 +2 6
4 Elykyellek Stars 4 0 4 16 28 −12 0

Group G
Oisinistan Red Storm 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 3
Avercari Cassowaries 0 4 1 0 0 1 2 0 X 8

Lisander Arminhos 1 0 0 0 3 2 2 0 1 9

1 Lisander Arminhos 4 3 1 30 12 +18 9
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 4 2 2 21 17 +4 6
3 Avercari Cassowaries 4 2 2 19 22 −3 6
4 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 4 1 3 11 30 −19 3

Group H
Nassau Eagles 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Acronius Foxhounds 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 X 5

South Yerfilag Eagles 1 0 1 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 6
Potataca Potatos 0 0 0 5 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 7

1 South Yerfilag Eagles 4 3 1 18 15 +3 9
2 Potataca Potatos 4 2 2 22 20 +2 6
3 Nassau Eagles 4 2 2 18 19 −1 6
4 Acronius Foxhounds 4 1 3 14 18 −4 3

OOC: Formatting fixed.
Last edited by Schiltzberg on Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:37 am, edited 8 times in total.
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA

-- Bob Dylan

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm

Seoc looked at the team after the game was over, for once they were all tired. A few days of energy rush had taken it's toll on all of them, and playing against better prepped teams din't help. Not that any of them were upset or sad about the fact that they had lost, just the adrenaline was gone. Even Seoc felt it without even having to play a game.

"Well, that's it. You all did your best, no one can take that part away from any of you. You all managed somehow to get one win over another team. That was way more than was expected of any of you, going above and beyond like that. All of you had fun right"

Everyone on the team looked around nodding, which brightened some of the smiles.

"You all got to play on a team, and worked together as well as you all did back in The Colony. And while we aren't going to make it, at least you showed them what we are made of without losing hope or giving up. We did what we came here to do, get exposure, and in the process we got to see others, play these games, and all of you got to do some amazing stuff. Each of you contributed, and you all worked together. I can't say it enough, I can't be more proud of all of you. Next time maybe we'll do better, we all learned from this experience too right?"

Again there was another general agreement.

"And if not maybe we can at least ruin another teams score or chance to move on."

With that they all laughed a little bit, they all wanted to rest now, done with the partying. They had their fun, especially with their second match against the Arminhos. They all knew they wouldn't win against them, so Seoc, with the rest of the teams knowledge of the joke, made sure to deliver a small note to the other team's manager, it simply said, 'Good luck with the future games, you can keep our tails.'
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:34 pm

Sebastian Garnet, to TV5 Sports

It was a difficult day at all, my dear friends. We should recognize. 2 games in a day, thanks to incompetence of organization. But we should thank Jah we have a excellent roster. We have two great teams in the same roster.

The Arminhos won in grey. Again a Glorious victory and again against Ferrets. 9-1, and the first pennant is still safe in our hands. The team wasn't in tiptop shape, but they gave all of their forces to play today. As Rei Yokoyama stated in today's interview: "Nós mandamos nessa bagaça!", a Lisanderian expression that could be freely translated to "We rule this shack."

Lisander Arminhos                  1 0 0 0 3 2 2 0 1  9

The Emerging Arminhos, emergency team from the reserves that haven't played against Ferret Civilization or Oisinistan in first round were put in field by Coach Hiddleston against Avercari Cassowaries. And the loss was hard to swallow, since they haven't lost by much. But these guys are Lisander guys. They also fought as hell. You always fight as hell when you have to defend the Motherland on field. They must be proud. We must be proud.

Lisander Arminhos                  0 0 1 3 1 0 0 0 1  6
Avercari Cassowaries 1 0 2 0 3 0 0 1 X 7
Last edited by Lisander on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.

Lisander
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:52 pm

-Oh, a note for me? - Old Thomas Hiddleston received the piece of paper from a man with a Ferrets cap.

'Good luck with the future games, you can keep our tails.'

-Don't go away. I'll have an answer for you. - The man picked up his clipboard where he kept all the information it deems useful. Wrote something and delivered to man.

Lisander Coach, Mr. Thomas Hiddleston wrote:Arminhos is portuguese for Stoats. And since we're weasel cousins I should advice. Never quit the Baseball Dream. Four IBS seasons behind, we were in your position. Now we stand who we stand. Is a long road, my cousin ferret.

Sincerely,
the Stoat.
Last edited by Lisander on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OIsINiSTAn
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby OIsINiSTAn » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:41 am

gone
Last edited by OIsINiSTAn on Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Lions Top Group Four Games In

Allen Talos, Londinium Courier

Nate Freeman used to be a hotheaded and brash young prospect, but now at the venerable age of 33, he's mellowed out a little bit. "I just really think I've settled in and gotten comfortable on the mound. I don't feel the pressure to be perfect like I used to. I trust my stuff and I trust my catcher and everything works out." Easy to say for the man widely regarded as the second-best pitcher in all the country, but it's true. Freeman had control problems earlier in his career and would often lose his composure with runners on base or in tight situations. But when the Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers scored three runs with their first three batters in the seventh inning, tying the game, he remained cool and collected. When Manual Villegaus crushed a 2-1 fastball to right field, Freeman didn't even watch, instead immediately asking the home plate umpire for a new ball and digging in at the slab. He then mowed down the next three batters on ten pitches, all strikeouts. That's the kind of performance the Lions need from their pitchers. The bats responded in the bottom of the inning, as Brooks Colvin led off with a walk against Schiltzberg starter William McKey. Third catcher Bryan Lamb flipped the next pitch into left field, then Lance Manning beat out a double play grounder, giving the Lions runners at the corners with one out. Joseph Crews came in to face Kelvin Freeman, who nearly missed a home run when Jeff Fitzhugh made an over-the-shoulder catch at the wall. Colvin came in and Manning even managed to move up to second. Richard Wilson came in to face "Flick" Barnes, who lined a single to right field that Villegaus mishandled and allowed Manning to score without a throw. With the 5-3 lead, Colby Walker and Jamey Conroy set the Schiltz Burgers down in order to end the game.

The Lions stumbled a bit in their next game against the Stuzemstazem Green Bulls, as Brad Bryan gave up six runs in six innings and the bats never woke up until too late. The Green Bulls hurler walked four, but allowed no hits through the first six innings. Josh Jennings punched a ball through the right side to end that, and Lamar Ford hit an RBI single one batter later, but the Lions still trailed 6-1. Lance Manning led off the eighth with a bunt base hit, and Kelvin Freeman put runners at third and second with a double. "Flick" Barnes hit an RBI groundout, and Khris Caldwell brought Freeman in with another double. A reliever came in for Stuzemstazem, and got the last two outs, but not before Darrin Werner got his second RBI of the tournament with an RBI single to cut the deficit to 6-4. The ninth inning saw Colvin, Leon French, and Manning go down in order and the Lions drop into a tie with Stuzemstazem and Schiltzberg at 2-1.

In the Lions' rematch with the Boatia Llamas, they once again jumped on their opponents early. In Game 1, they scored eight runs in the first three innings, while in Game 2, they made it nine runs in three innings and knocked Ricker Kennedy out of the game in the first inning, scoring six runs. Manning led off with a single, stole second, and moved up to third on a wild pitch. Freeman knocked him in with a single, then Caldwell and Barnes walked. After a meeting on the mound, Josh Jennings struck out and it looked like Boatia might get out the inning relatively unscathed. But Barry Glover banged one off the left-center field wall, scoring two, and Lamar Ford beat out a slow roller to score Barnes. Colvin singled to score Glover, and Darrin Werner doubled to score Ford and knock Kennedy out of the game. George Johner came in to face the Lions for the second time and hurled 3.1 innings, allowing three runs, including a two-run homer by "Flick" Barnes. Trailing 9-0, the Llamas faced a dilemma. Clearly Johner was ineffective, but they only had six pitchers, including one reliever, on the entire roster. In the end, it was ace Christopher Billybob who took the mound. He didn't look like an ace, however, allowing five runs in five innings. The Lions' 14 runs were the most they had scored in the tournament and most since scoring 13 against Nassau-Hessen in the last IBS. Danny Hauser pitched four scoreless innings, but got sloppy and ended up allowing four runs in seven innings. Lucius Lavoie and Adrian Romero gave up single runs in the eighth and ninth, but it didn't matter as the Lions won 14-6.

Up next for the Lions is a rematch with Schiltzberg. It will be the left-hander Cole Mayberry against the mercurial Robert Paul, also a lefty. Tune in at 19:00 on StateSports1 to catch all the action.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Cut-off

Group A
Nova Anglicana Lions 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2
Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 3

Boatia Llamas 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 4

1 Schiltzberg Schiltz Burgers 5 4 1 28 17 +11 12
2 Nova Anglicana Lions 5 3 2 36 19 +17 9
3 Stuzemstazem Green Bulls 5 3 2 23 27 −4 9
4 Boatia Llamas 5 0 5 18 42 −24 0

Group B
Coconut Isle Dwarfs 1 2 2 4 1 1 1 0 1 13
Torisakia Ice Birds 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 3

Pulunia Redwhite 0 0 2 0 1 1 1 2 3 10
Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 3

1 Torisakia Ice Birds 5 4 1 28 20 +8 12
2 Coconut Isle Dwarfs 5 3 2 26 20 +6 9
3 Pulunia Redwhite 5 2 3 19 17 +2 6
4 Shadownia Fruitbat Mafia 5 1 4 18 34 −16 3

Group C
Pinoyistan Destoroyers 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Silvacometopia Sharks 0 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 X 4

Abanhfleft Revolution 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 5
San Llera San Llerans 0 0 0 2 1 2 0 0 1 6

1 Abanhfleft Revolution 5 4 1 19 8 +11 12
2 Silvacometopia Sharks 5 3 2 15 13 +2 9
3 San Llera San Llerans 5 3 2 14 14 0 9
4 Pinoyistan Destoroyers 5 0 5 4 17 −13 0

Group D
Camelone Ultras 1 3 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 6
Kaboomlandia Phoenix 0 2 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 7

Ruairikstan Ruarbears 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
The Serbian Empire 66ers 1 0 1 0 0 2 0 2 X 6

1 Kaboomlandia Phoenix 5 4 1 38 21 +17 12
2 The Serbian Empire 66ers 5 2 3 18 22 −4 6
3 Ruairikstan Ruarbears 5 2 3 14 20 −6 6
4 Camelone Ultras 5 2 3 20 27 −7 6

Group E
Levivania Dohickeys 2 0 2 0 0 0 3 0 1 8
Frenline Delpha Anacondas 0 4 0 3 1 0 0 1 X 9

Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 0 0 1 0 1 8 1 1 5 17
Ethane Red Stars 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3

Group E                        Pld W L RF RA RD  Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan Bat Slaves 5 4 1 41 13 +28 12
2 Ethane Red Stars 5 4 1 24 30 −6 12
3 Frenline Delpha Anacondas 5 2 3 23 26 −3 6
4 Levivania Dohickeys 5 0 5 19 38 −19 0

Group F
Koana Islands Warriors 0 0 0 8 1 1 0 0 0 10
United States of Devonta Thundersticks 2 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 5

The Sword Bloke Thunder 1 0 3 0 0 3 0 2 1 10
Elykyellek Stars 0 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 2 7

Group F                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 The Sword Bloke Thunder 5 4 1 27 20 +7 12
2 Koana Islands Warriors 5 3 2 30 23 +7 9
3 United States of Devonta Thundersticks 5 3 2 28 27 +1 9
4 Elykyellek Stars 5 0 5 23 38 −15 0

Group G
Lisander Arminhos 0 2 2 0 1 0 1 0 0 6
Oisinistan Red Storm 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 5

Ferret Civilization Ferrets 0 2 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 2 1 8
Avercari Cassowaries 0 3 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 7

Group G                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 Lisander Arminhos 5 4 1 36 17 +19 12
2 Oisinistan Red Storm 5 2 3 26 23 +3 6
3 Avercari Cassowaries 5 2 3 26 30 −4 6
4 Ferret Civilization Ferrets 5 2 3 19 37 −18 6

Group H
South Yerfilag Eagles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Nassau Eagles 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Potataca Potatos 0 0 1 0 1 0 3 0 0 5
Acronius Foxhounds 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 2 1 6

Group H                                      Pld    W   L    RF   RA   RD   Pts 
1 South Yerfilag Eagles 5 3 2 18 16 +2 9
2 Nassau Eagles 5 3 2 19 19 0 9
3 Potataca Potatos 5 2 3 27 26 +1 6
4 Acronius Foxhounds 5 2 3 20 23 −3 6

Note: I have posted all groups because of Schiltzberg's schedule. He will be working late.
Last edited by Frenline Delpha on Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Seoc watched as the team played against the Cassowaries for the second time, note in paw from the Arminhos' Manager. He looked it over again,
Lisander Coach, Mr. Thomas Hiddleston wrote:Arminhos is portuguese for Stoats. And since we're weasel cousins I should advice. Never quit the Baseball Dream. Four IBS seasons behind, we were in your position. Now we stand who we stand. Is a long road, my cousin ferret.

Sincerely,
the Stoat.

That gave them all another much needed moral boost for this game. Along with the fact that they could at least ruin someone else's chance at making it, even though the Arminhos already seemed guaranteed, the practice never hurt. Cathaoir and Maximilian both did their best, even though the competition tried harder. Haraldur, Cillín, and Mathias, with the help of the rest of the team, really helped them even out the score. And the entire outfield did a swell job at trying to keep the other team from getting any runs.

Seoc found it impressive as even though the entire team was sure that they were going to lose again, still tried and overworked themselves. Maybe one day that would pay off for them in more than just exposure. The other team also seemed to have learned, or at least had more energy than them. It certainly made the game more interesting since the team managed to tie the score over the course of the innings. It couldn't be stressed enough how hard that was for them to do, and yet every ferret seemed to maintain a fun and positive attitude.

In the end thanks to the entire team they were able to get the final run in the last inning and keep the other team from getting one that allowed them to win the game. They pretty much carried out Éamon for him being able to get that final game winning run too, even though everyone helped contribute to the score. Seoc joined them on this mini celebration, "You guys continue to do a great job!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports