NATION

PASSWORD

International Baseball Slam X OOC Thread (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:42 pm

The Sword Bloke wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:Honestly, I liked how it
A) gave more RP opportunity for one day

That is my reasoning. Schiltzberg may have his own, but I was the one who suggested the Saintland-style playoff.

Unless the RP Bonus that would normally apply for one game applies for both games on the one day, I'm not buying reason A.

Perhaps better wording is needed. I meant that it gives players oppurtunity to write richer RPs, as they have two games to write about instead of one. This increases their chances of getting better Rp grades, as they can include more detail than normal.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

The Boatia
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Boatia Penguins

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Also...

Postby The Boatia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:48 pm

Also do I need to attend something for this because im new to NationStates so I am just wondering if it chooses the winner of a game randomly off a site or something or do I need to attend something on the game or on another site???

The Sword Bloke
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sword Bloke » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
The Sword Bloke wrote:Unless the RP Bonus that would normally apply for one game applies for both games on the one day, I'm not buying reason A.

Perhaps better wording is needed. I meant that it gives players oppurtunity to write richer RPs, as they have two games to write about instead of one. This increases their chances of getting better Rp grades, as they can include more detail than normal.

Understood.
IBS Ranking: 16th
KPB Ranking: 80th
WBC Ranking: 44th
IBC Ranking: 27th
WCOH Ranking: 21st
RP Population: 38,000,005
Esportiva, It's the place.
GO CAVS!
10th WJHC Host & Champion 10th IBS 4th Place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:57 pm

The Boatia wrote:Also do I need to attend something for this because im new to NationStates so I am just wondering if it chooses the winner of a game randomly off a site or something or do I need to attend something on the game or on another site???

Nope. It's as imple as posting a roster. The everything thread, where you post that roster, will be up when a host is selected and closes voting. And yes, it is random, but RPing improves your chances. Once the scorinator produces the results, you can write about how your team played, how your players felt, or how runs where scored.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

San Llera
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby San Llera » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
San Llera wrote: Line scores will be displayed and must be followed, except in the event of something impossible happening (e.g. a home team walking off by five runs).

Take my opinion for a grain of salt if you want, but I feel that the particular statement I have brought attention to may wean people off of voting for you because it violates the unwritten rule and convention of NS Baseball where the linescore doesn't have to be followed. However, as I can't vote anyway, my opinion is irrelevant. But it may cause conflict with some voters. Just something to keep in mind.

A good point. After further research, I have decided to change my mind on this.
There are many places, and one such place is Rushmore.
About San Llera
Check out my Name Generator!

Achievements
World Bowl XXVI 4th Place
Runner Cup 6 3rd Place
Di Bradini Cup 35 4th Place
Qualified for World Cup 74-75
World Bowl XXIX Finalists
Di Bradini Cup 38 Finalists
Nothing else.........yet

Rankings
Ranked 24th in Soccer
Ranked 54th in Hockey
Ranked 23rd in Basketball
Ranked 57th in Baseball (WBC)
Ranked 16th in Baseball (IBS)
Ranked 7th in Football
NS's resident San L- (Sorry, San Lumen)
You can just call me San Llera, that's fine
Proponent of FAScism

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
The Boatia wrote:Also do I need to attend something for this because im new to NationStates so I am just wondering if it chooses the winner of a game randomly off a site or something or do I need to attend something on the game or on another site???

Nope. It's as imple as posting a roster. The everything thread, where you post that roster, will be up when a host is selected and closes voting. And yes, it is random, but RPing improves your chances. Once the scorinator produces the results, you can write about how your team played, how your players felt, or how runs where scored.

Sooooo I have to post a roster of fake names that I want to be my players??? is that what you were saying in the beginning or saying its as simple as it??

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:03 pm

Signups updated, San Llera's bid acknowledged. To allow participants more time to ask San Llera questions about his bid before voting starts, I am delaying the host bid deadline and the start of voting to Monday, October 26 at 6:00 PM EDT. This is almost 24 hours later. Given that I will be commuting home in notoriously unpredictable and frequently bad Northern Virginia traffic after work that evening, it is possible I won't be able to open the voting right at 6:00, so don't panic. I'll open it once I get home from work, or at 6:00, whichever is later.

The Boatia wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:Nope. It's as imple as posting a roster. The everything thread, where you post that roster, will be up when a host is selected and closes voting. And yes, it is random, but RPing improves your chances. Once the scorinator produces the results, you can write about how your team played, how your players felt, or how runs where scored.

Sooooo I have to post a roster of fake names that I want to be my players??? is that what you were saying in the beginning or saying its as simple as it??

And preferably background information on them, or at the very least positions. More details earn you higher bonus. And then you write RPs about what happened in the games using the scores generated. Or you can RP about other things, if you want. I've RP'ed everything from TV shows insulting other nations to region-wide wars. Check the stickies in this forum for more info, or read through existing RP threads for tournaments in progress to see what other people do. Note that the World Cup has a separate roster thread because it's so large, so look at that too to see how rosters work. But for this, and every other tournament save the Olympics, the rosters and RP go in the same thread, which the host(s) will open once voting finishes. Do not post your roster in this thread, please. Wait for the Everything thread to open.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Signups updated, San Llera's bid acknowledged. To allow participants more time to ask San Llera questions about his bid before voting starts, I am delaying the host bid deadline and the start of voting to Monday, October 26 at 6:00 PM EDT. This is almost 24 hours later. Given that I will be commuting home in notoriously unpredictable and frequently bad Northern Virginia traffic after work that evening, it is possible I won't be able to open the voting right at 6:00, so don't panic. I'll open it once I get home from work, or at 6:00, whichever is later.

Is there any sort of IBS committee, or can we all vote?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Signups updated, San Llera's bid acknowledged. To allow participants more time to ask San Llera questions about his bid before voting starts, I am delaying the host bid deadline and the start of voting to Monday, October 26 at 6:00 PM EDT. This is almost 24 hours later. Given that I will be commuting home in notoriously unpredictable and frequently bad Northern Virginia traffic after work that evening, it is possible I won't be able to open the voting right at 6:00, so don't panic. I'll open it once I get home from work, or at 6:00, whichever is later.

Is there any sort of IBS committee, or can we all vote?

Anyone except prospective hosts (who sign-up before voting starts).

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Is there any sort of IBS committee, or can we all vote?

Anyone except prospective hosts (who sign-up before voting starts).

What he said.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:57 am

Silvacometopia Sharks (SCT)
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:07 pm

So, I decided to stop for a burger on my way home, but now I'm home and it's time for host voting.

Your options are as follows

1. Accept the bid by Frenline Delpha and Schiltzberg
2. Accept the bid by San Llera
3. Re-open host bidding
4. Abstain

Frenline Delpha, Schiltzberg, and San Llera are ineligible to vote because they are bidding, but everyone else who has signed up to this point may vote. I am also eligible to vote, but will abstain unless necessary to break a tie. Please TG your vote to this account. The deadline for voting is set to 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5) on Monday, November 2.. This is approximately seven days and one hour from now due to Daylight Savings Time ending Sunday morning. However, if you are in the United States or Canada (excluding Arizona, Hawaii, and Saskatchewan) and the clocks are falling back for you, it will be at this time on Monday.

However, if one option has an insurmountable lead before then, voting will close early.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Vote

Postby The Boatia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Abstain

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm

The Boatia wrote:Abstain

You're supposed to vote by TG to Greg, not here.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:39 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
The Boatia wrote:Abstain

You're supposed to vote by TG to Greg, not here.

I also messaged greg about it also

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 pm

The Boatia wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:You're supposed to vote by TG to Greg, not here.

I also messaged greg about it also

Right, well that's all you had to do. Now let's end this discussion rather than clutter up the thread like TET.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Coconut Isle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Coconut Isle » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:56 am

Coconut Isle Dwarfs in

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:55 am

Count on Lisander Arminhos again!
The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:42 am

Guess I'll try my hand here... Let's
FC (Stands for Ferret Civilization, if that's possible to do.) Ferrets.

So either:
FC Ferrets
Ferret Civilization Ferrets (If the top one isn't acceptable.)
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:55 am

Ferret Civilization wrote:Guess I'll try my hand here... Let's

So either:
FC Ferrets

*Snickers*
Your the Football Club Ferrets. JK.
In all seriousness, you should be fine.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:25 pm

So either:
FC Ferrets

I'm going to put you down as Ferret Civilization Ferrets, since your IC nation name is Ferret Civilization, but you're welcome to use a shortened form of your nation name in RPs, like "USA" instead of "United States of America'" in real-life.

By the way, yay ferrets! They're my favorite animal except for maybe llamas. It's probably a tie.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:38 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:I'm going to put you down as Ferret Civilization Ferrets, since your IC nation name is Ferret Civilization, but you're welcome to use a shortened form of your nation name in RPs, like "USA" instead of "United States of America'" in real-life.

By the way, yay ferrets! They're my favorite animal except for maybe llamas. It's probably a tie.

Okay, fine by me, thanks! And thanks for accepting me, I'll try not to mess up too bad...
Last edited by Ferret Civilization on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:

So either:
FC Ferrets

I'm going to put you down as Ferret Civilization Ferrets, since your IC nation name is Ferret Civilization, but you're welcome to use a shortened form of your nation name in RPs, like "USA" instead of "United States of America'" in real-life.

Thanks for the idea my new national animal instead of the DoDo Bird will be the Llama

The Boatia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Boatia » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Also can you change it from Boatia Penguins to Boatia Llamas

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports