NATION

PASSWORD

Choose the Holy Empire's new kits!

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Which new kit design would you pick for the Holy Empire?

Option 1
31%
Option 2
18%
Option 3
51%

Total votes : 51

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Choose the Holy Empire's new kits!

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:37 pm

Dear Mundies of Ordinary Reality,

So, it seems some of you think our national football kit is 'old-fashioned' and 'out-of-date' with 'only the weight of history to recommend it'. Well, what would you know? We've seen things you people wouldn't believe.. attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; c-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate...

But we digress.

Sometimes - just sometimes - you lot have a good idea. So we thought we'd ask for your opinion. Three mundy kit designers have come up with suggested new designs for the Imperial Squad. It's just possible that one of these might be an improvement. So why don't you help us choose?

Just as a reminder, here's what we've been wearing since WC 1:

And here are the three possible replacement options:

It's simple, it's classic, both solid virtues that HEFA values highly - but it does seem to require us to run around without shorts, which could cause a scandal in some nations.

Quite close to the current design, but with a pleasingly modern touch; but it does oddly only seem to work in two-dimensional space given the focus on a front view.

ImageImage

A bold and attractive reimagining incorporating the national flag - and including actual socks! - but is it too much of a departure from the traditional virtues of Frosty Football?

So which would you pick? We welcome you outlining your reasons for choosing a particular design.* Nations that aren't participating in the NationStates World Cup are very welcome to offer an opinion.

Vote now!

Yours,

The Holy Empire Football Association

OOC - the kits were designed by (in order) Audioslavia, Kernansquillec, and Red Blackiland respectively. It was a condition of design that there be no recognisable corporate logos on the kits. OOC'ly I'm very grateful to all three for their help. IC'ly I'm deliberately withholding credit, and all three designers are IC'ly welcome to express outrage and/or take all due credit in this thread or the current WC RP thread.

*Feel free to participate either via this thread or the WC RP thread, or both, depending on your inclination.
Last edited by Alasdair I Frosticus on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 pm

For those wondering, here is The Holy Empire's possible new crest

Kernansquillec
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kernansquillec » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:37 am

K Kits' response to The Holy Empire plagiarising its kits may be found here.
Winners of the 17th Rugby Union World Cup
Domestic Newswire ~ Football: 66th ~ UICA: 44th ~ Handball: 3rd
WANT A KIT? K KITS CAN HELP

Runners-up at Copa Rushmori XXI and at the XIV Handball World Cup
3rd Place at the WSWC I
4th Place at the 42nd Baptism of Fire & 19th Di Bradini Cup
Qualified for the 57th, 73rd and 74th World Cups

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:23 am

Kernansquillec wrote:K Kits' response to The Holy Empire plagiarising its kits may be found here.

"In order to keep the trial nuerral, Frenline Delpha is willing to host this lawsuit in one of our international diplomatic courts. We promise the most nuetral, fair trial for both sides."
-Judge German (IDC Highest Judge)

(I smell a great RP oppurtunity)
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Kernansquillec wrote:K Kits' response to The Holy Empire plagiarising its kits may be found here.

"In order to keep the trial nuerral, Frenline Delpha is willing to host this lawsuit in one of our international diplomatic courts. We promise the most nuetral, fair trial for both sides."
-Judge German (IDC Highest Judge)

(I smell a great RP oppurtunity)

As plagiarism is a capital crime in Gregoryisgodistan, we will be glad to execute the sinning monks from The Dreamy Realm if they are found guilty. What's that? Plagiarism isn't actually a capital crime here? Well, it is now. And I'm God so I make the rules.

-Lord Almighty Gregory
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:59 pm

The Federation Courts can guarantee a "fair" trial to both sides, especially the side that is willing to make the most generous donation to the Judge's tax-exempt non-profit foundation.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:36 am

The Holy Empire responds to the scurrilous accusations from the K Kits company of Kernansquillec: viewtopic.php?p=26335352#p26335352
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:53 am

Audioslavia wrote:For those wondering, here is The Holy Empire's possible new crest

Very good crest,indeed.Gives an 'russian' atmosphere to the Holy Empire kit.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Alasdair I Frosticus
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alasdair I Frosticus » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:46 pm

With 52% of the vote as of right now, the winning kit is option three (those of you still voting are doing so pointlessly; if I didn't want to give the three main participants the opportunity to react, I'd use my mod account to lock the thread).

My congratulations to Red Blackiland, my commiserations to Kernansquillec and Audioslavia - and my sincere OOC thanks to all three of you for your excellent designs, and for willing to let me put this to a public vote.

I've TG'd Red Blackiland and Audio separately over whether we can get Audio's crest design onto RB's kit design, and we'll see if we can move forward there.

IC'ly, the Holy Empire Football Association will always try to avoid giving Meski full credit for the design.

OOC'ly, I'm of course very happy for the kit to go in the Meski thread, for RB to put the design on his blog, and for him to generally take full credit.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:03 pm

Alasdair I Frosticus wrote:With 52% of the vote as of right now, the winning kit is option three (those of you still voting are doing so pointlessly; if I didn't want to give the three main participants the opportunity to react, I'd use my mod account to lock the thread).

My congratulations to Red Blackiland, my commiserations to Kernansquillec and Audioslavia - and my sincere OOC thanks to all three of you for your excellent designs, and for willing to let me put this to a public vote.

I've TG'd Red Blackiland and Audio separately over whether we can get Audio's crest design onto RB's kit design, and we'll see if we can move forward there.

IC'ly, the Holy Empire Football Association will always try to avoid giving Meski full credit for the design.

OOC'ly, I'm of course very happy for the kit to go in the Meski thread, for RB to put the design on his blog, and for him to generally take full credit.

Thanks.
About the credits,isn't necessary,the kits is yours (totally of Holy Empire Football Association) and if you liked team you're welcome to do what you want with it :)
By the way,i send a probable kit with Audioslavia crest that is in your TG box.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports