NATION

PASSWORD

1st U18 International Hockey Tournament |Everything Thread|

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

1st U18 International Hockey Tournament |Everything Thread|

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:07 am

The warmest and most welcome greetings from the capital city of Ontorisa, Calvisburg. We extend this welcome to all participants, both foreign and national and hope to provide the best experience for hockey. A very special thanks to our sponsors: Hockey Ontorisa, the OJL Calvisburg Guardians and the Ventas Junior Hockey Association.
Official Song of the 1st U18 IHT

FORMAT

The 16 teams will compete in a round robin in separate groups. Each group will consist of 4 teams, in total possessing 4 groups. Each team will play 3 round robin games before the "play-offs" occur. From there, it will be a standard high seed versus low seed team in a bracket. The teams' performance will be matched against one another, and only 4 teams will be chosen for the "play-offs". Tiebreakers will be in the order of:

1. Position in Group (required to seed teams for the knockout stage)
  2. Points
  3. Goals Difference
  4. Goals For
  5. Head-to-Head Points
  6. Head-to-Head Goal Difference
Credit to Gregoryisgodistan for helping out with this.

SPECIAL NOTICES

-If a member of a team does not currently play major junior hockey, but rather hockey in the university/college/school level or are fifteen years of age, they will be required to wear a cage along with their helmet for safety concerns.

-Fighting is not prohibited, but is strongly recommended to avoid all together in order to avoid hindering the development of the players.

-In order to avoid messages about players in advance, players who are eighteen years of age are permitted to play, regardless of birthday & birth year. That being said, if a player is to turn 19 during the tournament, they will not be permitted to participate.

-As much as some locals may say, do not eat or even try the Spicy Illiruak with extra Ginger & Pork at Yruak's Diner on 36th Avenue. You will get the runs for days. There have been cases in the past where tourists or foreign players have fallen for this "prank" and were sick for many days.

-Please refrain from killing other players. Players who end up killing another either directly or indirectly will face fines, a lifetime ban from any future U18 IHTs and possibly be charged under the Ontorisan Criminal Code.

GROUPS

Group A
Ontorisa
Esparmuran
Lymantatia
Saint Anne and Jacob

Group B
United States Of Devonta
Marion Oaks 2
Armeia
Gregoryisgodistan

Group C
Frenline Delpha
Elejamie
Natanians and Nosts
Norrehavn

Group D
Kazirstan
Abanhfleft
Kaboomlandia
Semarland

SCHEDULE
Day 1: [1v4; 2v3]
Day 2: [1v3; 2v4]
Day 3: [1v2; 3v4]
Day 4: Break/Tie-Breaker Matches (if necessary) - (September 8th 2015)
Day 5: Play-Off Day 2 [Semi-Finals] (September 10th 2015)
Day 6: Play-Off Day 3 [Finals] (September 12th 2015)

PLEASE NOTE, I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO POST ON CERTAIN DATES (The 8th). IF THAT IS THE CASE, I WILL ASK SOMEONE ELSE TO SCORINATE.

ROLEPLAYING

Roleplays will be graded on a scale of one to five and will be cumulative throughout the competition. Roleplays demonstrating exemplary effort and quality will take priority over roleplays that demonstrate exemplary quantity. For help regarding roleplaying, users should seek aid from the Guide to Sports Roleplaying, the International Hockey Discussion Thread, or the Ice Hockey Wikipedia Page. In addition, I do recommend speaking to either Gregoryisgodistan, Vermark and The Royal Kingdom of Quebec for any additional assistance.

In addition to roleplays, the following form should be attached to a roster post. This form will decide what other users may or may not roleplay about in regards to your team. Users who violate the roleplay permissions of another player will have their roleplay bonus reset. Credit to Vermark for the write-up.

Code: Select all
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose My Scorers: Yes/No
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes/No
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes/No
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes/No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes/No
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes/No
Godmod Other Events: Yes/No

Notable Prospects: (Team members to look for national league drafts, etc. Completely optional to add)
Last edited by Ontorisa on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

| Stadiums |

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:21 am

THE RAJIK ST. DE-FAUX MEMORIAL ARENA - Capacity: 29,500

Teams:
    The Calvisburg Guardians (Professional)
    The Rokistaar Raiders (2nd Tier Professional)
    The Calvisburg Zealots (Major Junior)

Hosts:
  • All Group A Matches
  • Semifinals
  • Finals

THE ERTRIS PLACE - Capacity: 19,800

Teams:
    The Emlaj-Drokas Phoenix (2nd Tier Professional)
    The Brackasgard River Men (Major Junior)

Hosts:
  • All Group B Matches
  • Semifinals
  • Bronze Medal Game

THE AZIERLA DOME - Capacity: 10,600

Teams:
    The Blazkerisa Hyenas (2nd Tier Major Junior)

Hosts:
  • All Group C Matches

THE PRANTORIA ARENA - Capacity: 8,600

Teams:
    The Omplisa Miners (3rd Tier Major Junior)

Hosts:
  • All Group D Matches
Last edited by Ontorisa on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:22 am

Kaboomlandia Kings Under-18 Ice Hockey Team

Coach: Michael Myers
Nickname: Kings
Style modifier: +2.0, more offensive than the U20 team.

Goalies:
#40 Devon Prior
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 232
Prior is a hulking goaltender who possesses great positioning and good rebound control. He's not the fastest guy, though.

#32 Matt Crawford
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 211
Crawford isn't as experienced as Prior, but Crawford can make ridiculous saves at times, and let in ones he should have had at other times. Needs to work on consistency.

Defensemen:
#23 Patrick Clooney (C)
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 217
Clooney will be in the spotlight after being sheltered during the World Juniors. How will he react?

#3 Jaden Bell
Weight: 205
Bell plays for Valtiny's junior team, and is a stay-at-home defenseman. He can pair up well with a rushing defenseman.

#4 Derek Strachan
Weight: 221
This Ralia HC defenseman is draft-eligible and has been described as a "man-child" by some scouts. Strachan has a booming shot and can run a power play. He'll go in the top three of the draft, though he has shown interest in going to Frusennia and entering the draft there. He played in the WJHC.

#44 Richard MacDonald
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 208
MacDonald is not as big as Strachan, but possesses more speed and has some good moves. Likes to rush a bit too much.

#8 Chris Samuelson
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 188
Samuelson doesn't have the size to fit higher on the depth chart, but his speed and shot have been praised.

#34 Yannick Brodie
Weight: 214
Brodie has size and a shot, but not much else, dropping him to the sixth spot.

Centres:
#17 Zack Murray (A)
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190
The mega-prospect from Galturin's junior club has been called the second coming of Tyler Martin for his speed and playmaking skill.
He'll go No. 1 in the KHL draft if he doesn't go international.

#9 Jerry Smith
Weight: 184
Smith is a good face-off centre who has a ripper of a shot. He'll play on the second line.

#66 Wayne Morgan
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 201
Morgan is tall, but needs to bulk up more. He's great in the face-off circle and setting up his teammates.

#14 Nicholas Kane
Weight: 196
Kane is a defensive centre. Though he's not that fast, Kane has some shifty moves and is tenacious on the forecheck and in front of his own net.

Left Wingers:
#22 Daniel Kidd
Weight: 216
Basically a smaller version of Smith, and a draft pick of Ralia HC, he'll be the first-line left winger.

#51 Logan Perry
Height: 6'
Weight: 201
Perry is a tenacious forechecker and penalty killer. He is great at picking off passes and playing a two-way game.

#86 Phil Ross
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 236
Ross is the tough guy of the team, but he won't fight willy-nilly. Still draft-eligible, he's been praised for his toughness while chipping in a goal here and there.

#89 Cory Dayton
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 177
Dayton is the smallest player on the team, but he's very fast and tenacious on the back-check.

Right Wingers:
#36 Bryson Martin (A)
Weight: 202
Tyler's younger brother, Martin is basically the same player, but on the right wing, although Bryson is a bit less skilled than his brother, having more of an all-around game. Galturin thought enough of him to grab him in the third round of the KHL draft.

#40 Zachary Frisk
Weight: 198
Frisk is a good two-way right winger who can use his speed and passing ability to set up his linemates.

#16 Kennedy Linden
Weight: 218
Linden is only sixteen; he's not even draft eligible until next year. But Linden may be the most skilled prospect for the Kings in a long time.

#72 Martin Pedersen
Weight: 224
Pedersen has the size but not the speed, dropping him to the fourth line. He made the team for his good toughness and size.

Lines:
Kidd-Murray-Martin
Perry-Smith-Frisk
Ross-Morgan-Linden
Dayton-Kane-Pedersen

Clooney-Bell
Strachan-MacDonald
Samuelson-Brodie

Prior
Crawford

PP1:
LW Kidd
C Murray
RW Martin
LD Clooney
RD Strachan

PP2:
LW Perry
C Smith
RW Frisk
LD MacDonald
RD Bell

PK1:
LW Murray
RW Perry
LD Clooney
RD Bell

PK2:
LW Smith
RW Martin
LD Strachan
RD MacDonald

SO:
Murray
Martin
Smith
Kidd
Frisk

Permissions:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: No
RP Injuries to My Players: TG me first
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: Only Ross, since he's the tough guy.
Godmod Other Events: No

Notable Prospects: Zack Murray (17, has announced intention to go international), Derek Strachan (17, has announced intention to go international), Kennedy Linden (16 years old, going international)
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 am

(logo wonderfully made by New Wolfopolis of Kaplewof)

Elejamian national U-18 men's ice hockey team
Selección sub-18 de hockey sobre hielo de Elejamia
Elejam unade-18 men ishoci tim

After the massive failure that was their World Junior Hockey Championship run in Vermark, which was then followed by the Men's inline hockey team winning gold - and the women's team winning bronze - at the Multiverse Games in Electrum some time later, the EIHB (Elejamian Ice Hockey Board) are hoping for a good run at the inaugural U-18 International Hockey Tournament in Ontorisa. And so they've decided to look at some of the best from the ENJIHL (Elejamian National Junior Ice Hockey League, which consists of ENIHL/ENIHL 2 teams' youth programs) and the EEHL (Elejamian Educational Hockey League, which is made up of college and high school teams) to see if they have what it takes to bring home a victory for Elejamie.

It mostly consists of fresh faces, although there are a few members of the WJHC9 squad who will be playing in Ontorisa: Aarón Benitez, Mike Martins, Paul Lennitt and Mendaño. Joining them on the return list will be physio Blake Moroney and Pablo Acuña. Acuña, who has been the head coach of the U-18 squad since 2013, was also part of the WJHC9 squad; being brought in by then head coach Sumio Kitahara (who resigned from the Elejamie Juniors at the end of the WJHC and moved to the Blackport Raiders) as an assistant manager. In a match following the announcement of the U-18 squad, he said "We are hoping that things will go much more smoothly here. Which is why, after forty eight hours of analysing the Junior League and the Educational League, we have managed to find twenty six of what we're hoping will be our best and brightest. And who knows? Maybe they'll manage to finally succeed where Michael and Sumio have sadly failed. Watch this space."

Bear in mind that this is the captain's jersey; the alternate captains have A patches on their jerseys and the other guys don't have any special patches.

I've saved time and effort by re-using my original U-18 kit from the original thread, even though since then I made a new Senior kit, ready for the WCoH 28 (which won't be for a long time), which is 3D and has a proper logo on the chest.

General manager: Ed Peak (66)
Head coach: Pablo Acuña (60)
Assistant managers: Dennis Landstorm (46); Bertrand Charpie (58)
Goaltending coach: Eric Christie (53, will be 54 on day 2 of the tournament)
Physio: Blake Moroney (23)

Goaltenders

No. Name Age Position Club
96 Adrian Lambert 17 G (S) Lake Autumn High Whirlpools (E)
1 Aarón Benitez 18 G (B) Davenport Dockers (Y)

Defence Line 1

14 Adam Shawcroft (C) 17 LD Edgebaston Shamrocks (Y)
5 Mike Martins 17 RD Donham College Blaze (E)

Defence Line 2

2 Paul Wood 17 LD Aldenport High Angels (E)
4 Austin Brandt 16 RD Woodsworth Academy Aces (E)

Defence Line 3

7 Marcos Vela Heredia 17 LD Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas (Y)
3 Daniel Schroeder (A) 16 RD Murgon High Mavericks HC (E)

Forward Line 1

6 Deni Naemilan 17 LW Murgon High Mavericks HC (E)
10 Esteban Méndez 18 C Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas (Y)
11 Harrison Blackburn 17 RW Lake Autumn High Whirlpools (E)

Forward Line 2

13 Paul Lennitt 16 LW Waterham Road High Penguins (E)
12 Mark Bierut (A) 18 C Woodsworth Condors (Y)
9 Joaquim Oliveira 17 RW Edgebaston Shamrocks (Y)

Forward Line 3

16 Yōichi Nakano 18 LW Davenport Dockers (Y)
8 Mendaño 17 C Avon Stars (Y)
23 Roberto Batista 17 RW Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas (Y)

Forward Line 4

15 Aiden Bennett 18 LW Coventry Puffins (Y)
21 Gary Thornton 16 C Waterham Road High Penguins (E)
19 Jorge Álvarez 18 RW Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas (Y)

Scratches

17 Luis Vega 17 C Ángeles de la Playa de Rocas (Y)
18 Jim McKenzie 17 RW East Reefland High Pelicans (E)
20 Steve Mitchell 17 LD Woodsworth Academy Aces (E)
22 Nick Carroll 16 LW Murgon High Mavericks (E)
24 Picho 17 G IES Fosado (E)
30 Jonny Crawford 18 RD Avon Stars (Y)

Mendaño - Jorge Aguinaga Méndez
Luis Vega - Luis Pérez de la Vega
Picho - Enrique Pichardo Ozuna

(B) - Backup
(S) - Starter
(C) - Captain
(A) - Alternate captain
(Y) - Youth team
(E) - College/high school team

ENJIHL Prospects: Mark Bierut, Jonny Crawford, Aarón Benitez, Adam Shawcroft, Jorge Álvarez

EEHL Prospects: Deni Naemilan, Mike Martins, Adrian Lambert

HomeFiller Arena, Coventry, AVEN

Built in 1989, the HomeFiller Arena is also known as the Coventry Arena, especially in situations where HomeFiller isn't sponsoring the event in question. With a total capacity of 17,000, it is also home to the Coventry Puffins; the backup stadium for the national team; home to the junior and U-18 teams; the Coventry Nets basketball team; and the backup stadium for the national basketball team. It entered a sponsorship deal with furniture store HomeFiller in 2013. The deal is expected to last until 2017.

Rosetta Royal House (Rosate Royalhus), Rosetta (Rosate), ROIY

Home to the Rosetta Royals (Rosate Royal) ice hockey team and backup stadium to the Junior and U-18 ice hockey teams. It was also the home to the Rosetta Devils (Rosate Dafil) basketball team until they moved to Devils Stadium (Dafil Sataed) in 2014. About 14,000 people can sit down and watch a hockey game; fortunately, Rosetta is a bilingual tract (both English and Iyilim are spoken here), meaning fans don't have to worry about learning a second language to find their way around.

Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (the longest they can be out for two matches. Nothing career-ending and no deaths)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes (the longest they can be suspended for is one match. One ejection per match.)
Godmod Other Events: Might be a good idea to TG me first.

• Yes, this is mostly my roster from the pre-vamped U-18 tournamet, but I made a few changes.
  • Please note that the ages given for my players is how old they are at the start of the tournament. And, indeed, only one of them will celebrate their birthday during it: Gary Thornton will turn 17 on day 4.
  • "Dah-nee Nay-mee-lehn"
  • If you choose to play Marcos Vela Heredia, be sure to use both of his surnames. Don't just put "Heredia" or something like that.
  • Although it's technically just "Luis Vega", since that's what his jersey says, I won't have any problems if you decide to just use "Vega" instead.
  • Unlike my Junior and Senior teams, none of my players will be fighting. I might edit this to include a small list of potential enforcers but don't count on it.
  • If you have any questions, concerns or anything like that, feel free to send me a TG.
Last edited by Elejamie on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Kazirstan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:54 am

Kazirstani Under-18 National Ice Hockey Team

LINEUP:
Head Coach: Evgenia Petrovna
Assistant Coach: Harijs Znarok
Captain: Danis Mironov

FORWARDS
First Line
LW - 96 - Vadim Tejs - Age 17
C - 10 - Danis Mironov (C) - Age 18
RW - 4 - Maxim Dadonov - Age -17

Second Line
LW - 43 - Ilya Rudenko (A) - Age 16
C - 12 - Alexandra Leskina - Age 18
RW - 3 - Viktor Antipin - Age 18

Third Line
LW - 7 - Artemi Sosina - Age 17
C - 56 - Yevgeni Bakevski - Age 16
RW - 88 - Viktor Shibanova - Age 18

Fourth Line
LW - 44 - Maria Gazinsky - Age 18
C - 54 - Roman Malgin - Age 16
RW - 69 - Denis Ianovsky - Age 17

DEFENSE

First Pair
D - 25 - Sergei Anisomod (A) - Age 16
D - 22 - Artyom Dzyuba - Age 18

Second Pair
D - 9 - Alan Fayzulin - Age 18
D - 16 - Dmitri Akinfeev - Age 17

Third Pair
D - 90 - Magomed Mogilevets- Age 16
D - 11 - Konstantin Dergachyovka - Age 18

GOALTENDERS

Starter
G - 1 - Tatiyana Portnyagin - Age 17

Backup
G - 30 - Andrei Talgat - Age 18

HEALTHY SCRATCHES (RESERVE)

LW - Kirill Nababkin - Age 16
C - Sergei Semak - Age 18
D - Viktor Zipzer - Age 16
G - Aleksandr Onopko - Age 17

NOTABLE PROSPECTS:

Tatiyana Portnyagin

Tatiyana Portnyagin is one of the most promising young prospects to come out of Kazirstan in years. Her rookie season with the Pantery Oktyabrsky of the Kazirstani Elite Hockey League (KEHL) resulted in the fourth best record for rookie goaltenders, and first among female players with a .919 save percentage and 41 wins in 71 games. Portnyagin received the Ronovsky Trophy for most impressive rookie player and was runner up for the Premier's Trophy for best goaltender. Portnyagin began playing hockey at the age of 4, and began playing as a goaltender on her primary school team. She was recruited by the Kazirstani Junior Hockey League at the age of fourteen, and was drafted 7th overall at the 2014 KEHL entry draft, at the age of 16. Portnyagin has been shortlisted for the Kazirstani National Hockey Team and will likely play as backup goaltender for Kazirstan in the next World Cup of Hockey.

Team Kazirstan plays a rough, in-your-face game game. Expect lots of checks, penalties, a few fights, and a lot of dirty plays in general. They won't give you an inch.

The first line will score a fair few of the goals. Captain Danis Mironov is a fast, agile skater with a good shot and impressive puck handling skills. His line-mates are a couple of heavy hitters with thundering slapshots. The second line is the speed line. Alexandra Leskina and Ilya Rudenko are small and fast, and will resort to hooking, tripping and slashing instead of checking. Behind the captain, expect these two to score the most goals. The third line is the goon line. They'll play dirty and draw a lot of penalties. Expect injuries if this line is played a lot. Viktor Shibanova in particular is built like a (gridiron) football player and likes to fight and hit hard. The fourth line is a more versatile line. Maria Gazinsky and Roman Malgin are lighter, quicker players while Denis Ianovsky is more of an enforcer.

Kazirstan's biggest strength lies in their superstar goaltender, Tatiyana Portnyagin. Most goals scored on her will likely be because of lucky bounces or defensive screw-ups. That's not ruling out the occasional bar-down or greasy garbage goal, however.

RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes (no deaths, please)
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes

Style mod: -3
Last edited by Kazirstan on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:01 pm

SEMARLAND NATIONAL HOCKEY TEAM - 1ST U18 HOCKEY TOURNAMENT - OFFICIAL SQUAD
Underline indicates notable prospect

Goaltenders:
1 - Mikael Hansson - Koderstrom HK - 16
12 - Hervin Kudimbana - Malkstrom HK - 17
22 - Stefan Melkmarsson - East Jansberg Flames - 16
Defence:
Defence Pairing 1
2 - Abimbola Akingbade - Adjurgen - 16
3 - Leon Mears - Krsthaven Hockey - 17

Defence Pairing 2
4 - Asamoah Asumadu - East Jansberg Flames - 17
5- Lars Jonsen - East Jansberg Flames - 16
Defence Pairing 3
6 - Lassana Toure - Pederstrom and Nuholm - 16
8 - Max Hoxmark - Kangemark - 16
Offense:
Offence Line 1
7 - Nicklas Hansson - Sorenstrom United - 16
9 - Romeo Saint Sinclair - East Jansberg Flames - 15
10 - Mathias Lindstadt - South Nuholm - 16

Offence Line 2
11 - Jonatan Parsons - East Jansberg Flames - 16
13 - Gunnar Rammsen - Jansberg and Haxlinde - 17
14 - Peder Clark - Sorenstrom United - 15
Offence Line 3
15 - Blessing Mbelu - South Nuholm - 16
16 - Jannik Ekland - Hoxlunds - 16
17 - Chiomba Chidi - Fransborg Thunder - 17

Offence Line 4
18 - Maarten Kurler - Hoxlunds - 15
19 - Emmanuel Nkulukutu - Saint Adrensburg Hockey - 16
20 - Jan Baxwell - Adjurgen - 17
Reserves:
Goaltenders:
Oluwatoyin Akinwande - 17 - Kolberg
Jacob Lindroos - 16 - Hoxlunds
Defenders:
Amoah Aborah - 15 - Adjurgen
Soren Jurgensen - 16 - Adjurgen
Mbaye Thiem - 17 - Eikborg HK
Johan Martinsen - 16 - Haderstrom Docks
Reiss Amanwkah - 17 - East Jansberg Flames
DeAndre Martins - 15 - East Jansberg Flames

Attackers:
Kgabu Cethe - 17 - Haderstrom Docks
Yohan Korhonen - 16 - Fransborg Thunder
Chinwe Iweala - 16 - East Jansberg Flames
Kristofer Eriksson - 16 - East Jansberg Flames
Simon Boness - 17 - Krsthaven HK
Claes Johansson - 16 - Sorenstrom United
Filip Lindroos - 17 - South Nuholm
Tyrese Barrington - 17 - South Nuhlolm

Jonatan Barham - 16 - South Nuholm

Management team:
Manger - Steffen Barham, 36
Assistant - Mabi Mboba, 37
General coach - Yohan Silkenham, 25
General coach - Iyioluwa Akindele, 29
Goaltender coach - Marten Lindisfarne, 34
Goaltender coach - Kwasi Gyamfi Awuah, 31
Defensive coach - Per den Johansson, 35
Defensive coach - Idrissa Kone, 30
Attacking coach - Peder Jorgensen, 28
Attacking coach - Nkanyezi Mlambo, 25
Fitness coach - Maarten Thompson, 32
Fitness coach - Udo Emecheta, 33
Doctor - Janko Yohannes, 40
Doctor - Mikkel Hansson, 42
Performance analyst - Morten Bogard, 35
Performance analyst - Kare Norberg, 37
Performance analyst - Malik Clarke, 26
Spokesman - Steffen Holstad, 30

Style mod: +4
RP Permissions: Anything apart from killing players. Injure them? Fine. But I'll decided the length of the injury. Thanks!
Last edited by Semarland on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Noted both.

Also, I think I might drop the whole "killing U18 players isn't cool" in the special notices.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:00 am

DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF ABANHFLEFT
NATIONAL ICE HOCKEY TEAM - MIXED

This is Abanhfleft's first time participating in an international under-18 ice hockey tournament. The team that the Democratic Republic will be sending to Ontorisa for this tournament will be composed mostly of the players from the recently concluded World Junior Hockey Championships. They already have experience. They've tasted the finals of an international tournament. They're hungry for more.

BASIC INFORMATION
Nation name
: Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Demonym: Fleftic
Team colors: Blue, orange, and green
Style modifier: -1.5
Head coach: Lucas Hansen (Sweden, 44 y/o)

STARTERS
Goaltender: Jeremy Gonzalez (18 y/o, male)

1st Defensive Pair:
Lillian Howard (17 y/o, female)
Ruby Moore (17 y/o, female)

2nd Defensive Pair:
Nora Sharp (17 y/o, female)
Elsie Barnes (18 y/o, female)

3rd Defensive Pair
Lucien Tardif (16 y/o, male)
Stephan Lacour (16 y/o, male)

1st Offensive Line
RW: Ronald Coleman (18 y/o, male)
C: Patrick Lewis (17 y/o, male)
LW: Kayla Luscombe (17 y/o, female)

2nd Offensive Line
RW: Wesley Somma (17 y/o, male)
C: Geoffrey Wyman (16 y/o, male)
LW: Hoyt Wathen (18 y/o, male)

3rd Offensive Line
RW: Vito Donadio (18 y/o, male)
C: Waldo Hibbard (18 y/o, male, captain)
LW: Hannah Hurst (15 y/o, female)

4th Offensive Line
RW: Jacklyn Bridwell (16 y/o, female)
C: Michal Patton (17 y/o, male)
LW: Yajaira Mankin (16 y/o, female)

RESERVES
Dorinda Rachal (18 y/o, female, goaltender)
Franklin Ansell (17 y/o, male, defense)
Monte Rothschild (16 y/o, male, defense)
Annabell Brittain (15 y/o, female, defense)
Darren Schuster (17 y/o, male, defense)
Guillermo Mandel (16 y/o, male, defense)
Freddie Gochenour (15 y/o, male, defense)
Annie Alvarez (17 y/o, female, offense)
Anna Palomer (16 y/o, female, offense)
Tatiana Vinogradova (18 y/o, female, offense)
Jorge Long (18 y/o, male, offense)
Kent Gutierrez (17 y/o, male, offense)
Major Mayfield (15 y/o, male, offense)
Ezekiel Penta (18 y/o, male, offense)

RP PERMISSIONS
Anything except killing my players is fair game.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 am

Brushed up.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:13 pm

First line
# Name age position
1 Miahi Március Álvares 17 goalkeeper
2 Carolus Mihai Gomes 16 defenceman
3 Jeremy Taylor Silva 16 defenceman
21 Thomas Marx 15 left wing
11 Caeso Numídio da Silva 17 centre
20 Karl Malthus 18 rightwing

Captain's name is in blue

Second line
# Name age position
30 Ion Cláudius Souza 16 goalkeeper
4 Cáius Márius dos Santos 17 defenceman
6 Cornelius Mihai Numídio 17 defenceman
9 Públio Ápio César 16 left wing
10 Albertus Júnio Varro 14 centre
5 Carolus Fábius Marão 17 right wing

RP Permissions:
Choose My Scorers: No
RP Injuries to My Players: No
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes (only one per match)
RP Ejections for My Players: No
Godmod Other Events: No

Don't RP my players fighting,because our team is very peacefull.Nobody will make birthday during the tournament.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Updated.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 am

Kings Prospect Watch

With three prominent Kaboomlandian hockey prospects showing interest in going international, kbmsports.com has written analyses of each.

#17 Zack Murray
Position: Centre
Type of Player: Playmaker, Two-Way Forward
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 190
Shoots: Right
Status: Draft-eligible, exceptional player status (allowing him to enter the draft in another country).

Zack Murray is the top-line centre for a U-18 Kings team stacked with prospects. In the last KJHL season, Murray ripped up the league with an astonishing 26 goals and 53 assists for 79 points in only 50 games. His greatest asset is his playmaking ability and vision while also possessing great speed. The only knock on him is his size: at 5'10" and 190 pounds, he isn't that big. He's too good for the KJHL, but Valtiny holds the first pick and they don't have the players to build around him.

Comparable (in NHL): Tyler Johnson

#4 Derek Strachan
Position: Defense
Type of Player: Two-Way Defenseman
Weight: 221

Strachan is a beast on the blueline. As a right-shooting defenseman, he helps give this team some depth behind the first pairing of Patrick Clooney and Jaden Bell. With Clooney playing in both the WCoH and the WJHC, Strachan needs to step up to help give Clooney less minutes and more rest. Strachan's greatest skill is his size. He's 6'3" and 221 pounds, allowing him to clear his goalie's crease and get more power behind his shot, which has been clocked at 103 miles per hour. His main weakness is that he's slightly slow-footed, but he still has the vision and shot to run a power play.

Comparable: Aaron Ekblad

#16 Kennedy Linden
Position: Right Wing
Type of Player: Power Forward
Weight: 218

Linden is the prototypical power winger: big, strong frame with the speed to back it up. This guy doesn't have the greatest pair of hands, but he can still be a bull in a china shop if he needs to get to the front of the net. He'll give defensemen headaches trying to stop him during this tournament. His inexperience and youth have dropped him to the third line, but this may be a blessing in disguise, as this will keep him away from the opponent's top pairing and let him play his game.

Comparable: Milan Lucic, Jarome Iginla
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:23 pm

A Quick Guide to the U-18 IHT

After months of planning, hype and the tournament having to be rescheduled, here we are with the inaugural U-18 International Hockey Tournament in Calvisburg, Ontorisa, starting tomorrow. Well, I don't see why we shouldn't have something like this. After all, we have the World Cup of Hockey for the seniors and the World Junior Hockey Championships for juniors, And we also have the Winter Olympics, which should be here very soon; we missed the ones in the Free Republics earlier this year but we're hoping to send the guys and the gals to the next one. So a little tournament for the kids actually makes some sort of sense. The only downside is that, with school starting next week, it looks like half of these might be missing the first few days of school or college but, hopefully, they would have caught up in no time.

Adrian Lambert, nickname "Lambo", seen here in action
with the LA High Whirlpools.
As for the team? We do have a few people in the Junior squad who'll be joining us, probably to redeem themselves, including Mendaño; FL3 centre in Vermark and now FL3 centre in Ontorisa. That being said, the team is mostly made up of fresh faces. I mean, you've got Paul Wood, whose brother Steve plays for the Fort Checkers Elites in the ENIHL 2. You have Jorge Álvarez, who proved to be a tough customer in the Educational League, which netted him a contract with Los Ángeles. And you have Adrian Lambert, who went to my alma mater and helped the Angels win the Paul Smith Trophy (which, to anyone unfamiliar with the Educational League is given to the winner of the Educational League playoffs) just a few months ago.

And so, after that we get onto Group C. Not exactly the Group of Death, which I'm guessing would be Group D with Kazirstan, Abanhfleft, Kaboomlandia and Semarland, but we shouldn't really slack off. Of course, Group A has the hosts, as well as WCoH runners up Esparmarun, so we're thankful we're not in there. Not to mention Gregoryisgodistan in Group B, although chances are we might be in with a repeat of the 9th World Junior Hockey Championships, where it felt like they sent their F-team. That might not happen this time but it's still something to watch out for. And now, without further adieu, let's meet the opponents!

To begin with, we have Frenline Delpha. They first took part in the 9th WJHC, coming fifth place in Group D, just above an underperforming Gregoryisgodistan. They also attempted to host the competition, coming in last with zero votes, compared to six for Vermark and one person abstaining. However, despite that brief appearance, they have been absent from hockey, so chances are they'll be making their debut in the 28th WCoH coming soon. My prediction? A win, although not by much.

Natanians and Nosts are also newcomers. To our knowledge, this is their first foray into international hockey. However, it isn't their first dip into the waters that is international sports. After all, they did win the Londinium 7s last month, even coming top of the group thanks to point difference. However, will they replicate that success over in Ontorisa? I doubt it. My prediction? An easy win, by about 2-3 goals.

And finally, we have quite possibly our biggest rivals in the group stage, Norrehavn. First, they came top of their group in the aforementioned 9th WJHC, which they followed with a 6-0 thrashing of Devonta, who came second in Group B. Unfortunately, they went down 3-2 to eventual runners up Abanhfleft, followed by a 1-0 loss to hosts Vermark. during the last World Cup of Hockey, joint-hosted by eventual winners Gregoryisgodistan and Ko-oren, they were eliminated from the competition, also thanks to a 3-2 loss to Abanhfleft. However, we shouldn't be too worried; after all, in the 8th WJHC in Quebec, we did win all but one of our games (as we did have that goalless draw against Patistan), which included a 4-3 victory over Norrehavn; eventually we made it into fourth place, whereas Norrehavn crashed out in the quarter finals, thanks to a 2-0 loss to the hosts (who later went on to win the tournament). And my prediction? A loss, maybe a draw if we're lucky.

So will the ENJIHL see any new additions? Well, word on the street is that the Avon Stars will be sending a couple of scouts to Kaboomlandian games; however they have neither confirmed or denied this. If they do, then I recommend they check out Derek Strachan. Sure he might seem like a big, slow target, but his power and determination more than make up for that. It's just a matter of a) whether or not Ralia will let him go over here and b) whether or not he wants to come over here but, should we get over these problems, then I'd have to say that he'll fit right at home here.

The Edgebaston Shamrocks, however, have said that they will keep an eye out for Caeso Numídio da Silva to see whether he'll be worth a stay in the Junior Leagues, although they will watch Natanian games as opposed to sending scouts. When asked about it, Shamrocks head coach Du Júnior said "We don't know how big the sport is with the Natanians and Nosts but we're hoping that this will give it a bit of a kick. Besides, Elejamie's opening match will be against them so it might be worth finding out whether we should go with this hunch. Not to mention that we're not setting our sights on him just yet but rather finding out whether we should." When asked if there was anyone else he was interested in drafting, he added "I don't know if the big cheese has any plans to bring in more players but I've been keeping my eye on a couple of Semarlandic players, namely Asamoah Asumadu and Leon Mears. I'll have to take a look at the Group D games and see whether they'll be worth it. Granted they will all have to wait until they're 18 before they can play over here but hopefully there shouldn't be any problems after that."

So there we have it. A quick look at the inaugural Under-18 Ice Hockey Tournament. Will it be an amazing tournament? Maybe. Will there be another one? Probably. Will Elejamie do well? There's a good chance. After all, it's still early days and it's possible for a few shocks to happen. All I know is that, as always, I'll be tuned into Puck Drop, wishing the best of luck to our boys.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Armeia
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Tagging, roster will be up tonight or tomorrow
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Scouts Showing Interest in Strachan

The South Releinthi Deathsticks, of Abanhfleft, have reportedly shown interest in luring Kings defensive prospect Derek Strachan to their team. The Deathsticks hold the #1 pick in the FNIHL, and are allegedly preparing the pitch. In addition, Elejamie's Avon Stars could be showing interest in the big defenseman.
Co-Author of SC #204

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Interview with U18 Goaltender Tatiyana Portnyagin

CALVISBURG, ONTORISA - It's finally here. After being rescheduled, the inaugural Under 18 International Ice Hockey Tournament is finally getting underway. Today, I was lucky enough to sit down with the lovely Tatiyana Portnyagin, superstar goaltender of the KEHL's Pantery Oktyabrsky and the Kazirstani U18 Hockey team.

Q: So, Miss Portnyagin. This will be your first time competing for Kazirstan at the international level. How does it feel to represent your country in such a major international tournament?

A: It's an incredible honour. Though I can't say I was particularly surprised about being called upon, people had been telling me that I was a shoe in for the team for months.

Q: I hear you've also been short listed for the Kazirstani National Team that will be competing in the next World Cup of Hockey, where you may very well be playing alongside Pavel Yuldashov, the greatest Kazirstani goalie of all time. What do you have to say about that?

A: It's an even greater honour. Representing Kazirstan in the World Cup of Hockey is every young player's dream, and if I get to play alongside Pavel Yuldashov it will only make the whole experience more exciting.

Q: As you know, KEHL rules only allow one year contracts. So now that your contract with Pantery Oktyabrsky is now up, you've received many offers both domestically and internationally. I hear you've received an offer from the South Releinthi Deathsticks of the Fleftic National Ice Hockey League. Do you think you'll stay in Kazirstan or accept the offer and play abroad?

A: Well, this trip to Ontorisa is actually the first time I've ever been outside of Kazirstan, and playing abroad is an exciting opportunity to see the world. We're currently in negotiations, and it seems like I'll likely be playing overseas next season. This will probably disappoint a lot of fans, but I assure you, I'll always remember where I come from, and I'll be back.

Q: What do you think of the competition you'll be facing in your group in the round robin?

A: Abanhfleft, Kaboomlandia, and Semarland are all international hockey veterans, and I'm not expecting easy games from any of them, not that I would underestimate any team in this tournament. I'm expecting Semarland to put up stiff opposition in our first game. I guess we'll see what happens soon won't we?

Q: Finally, do you have anything to say to the fans back home?

A: Yes. Keep cheering us on! I promise we won't disappoint!

Last edited by Kazirstan on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:06 am

Somewhere in the skies above Calvisburg, Ontorisa

The Embraer Legacy 600 made its way serenely to the airport of Calvisburg, capital city of Ontorisa and ultimate destination of the two passengers onboard the business jet. The two passengers onboard the jet were Girolamo and Teresa Napolitano, or Gerry and Terry for short. Both of them were part of the staff of the South Releinthi Deathsticks, one of the thirty teams currently participating in the Fleftic National Ice Hockey League, the top ice hockey league in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. The South Releinthi Deathsticks were one of the founding members of the league, and had won seven league title in the 70s and 80s, but in recent years the team had gone on a bit of a decline, but "a bit of a decline" was putting it lightly. Just last season, the Deathsticks had ended up right bottom of the table with one of the worst records ever recorded in league history. About the only good thing that had come out of that season was that the team had gotten the first pick of the new season's draft, and they were looking to use it on what they hoped was one of the best young prospects to ever grace the rink.

That was Gerry Napolitano's job. As head scout of the Deathsticks, it was his job to search for young talents locally and abroad and hopefully get them to play for the team. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Sometimes other teams gave better offers to talents and players that he'd spotted, and sometimes other teams just happened to have a higher pick than the Deathsticks. But it's all part of the job.

Terry Napolitano, meanwhile, served a vital yet virtually unknown role within the team organization as the coordinator of the South Releinthi Deathsticks' women's team. It was a role somewhere in between of coach, scout and manager, and in some ways her role was an amalgamation of those aforementioned roles that would have been quite separate in the men's team. Ice hockey was already not very popular in the Democratic Republic, and the women's game was even worse. There were only twelve teams in the Women's Super Ice Hockey Association (the top Fleftic women's ice hockey league) and about half of those teams were semi-professional. South Releinthi was one of the few fully professional teams in the league, and even then the team was replicating their male counterparts' success, or rather lack of it, in their own league. Interest in the women's game was so tiny that they didn't even have an entry draft of their own, and they basically operated on something similar to the European transfer system in that teams just signed or took on any player that they deemed would help the team and then provide monetary compensation or another player if, for example Team A wanted to acquire Player B from Team C. It was a very messed up system, but they were working on it. Women's ice hockey in Abanhfleft had only become professional in 2012.

Gerry was reading up on some of the possible prospects that he had been told to scout during the tournament, the first-ever under-18 tourney ever played in the multiverse in recent memory. One of the players really stood out to him: Derek Strachan of Kaboomlandia. Gerry thought it a really strange name for a country, Kaboomlandia. He can only assume that there was some kind of reason why the nation's founders had decided to name their country like that. But that was beside the point. Strachan looked to be an absolute beast in defense, and it was a position that the Deathsticks absolutely needed to fill (the Deathsticks had conceded the most goals ever in the team's history in the past season). A big defenseman like Strachan would definitely fill in that need. And he also had a rocket of a shot, something that might come in handy in tough game situations.

Strachan looked like a sure fit for the Deathsticks. Unfortunately Elejamie, one of the bigger hockey nations out there, had also expressed interest in getting Strachan to play in their country. Now that was really bad news for Gerry. He knew that Elejamie had much, much better facilities and personnel and even just the atmosphere for an up-and-coming hockey star to ply his trade, and Abanhfleft couldn't even have a hope in hell of competing with that. It could also mean the start of a bidding war, and Fleftics hated bidding wars whenever possible. That was one of the main reasons why the FNIHL hadn't decided to make a move on Ontorisa's Mejer Doristram, because they knew that they were out-competed at just the first pitch. With countries like Quebec, Vermark, Ontorisa and even Kaboomlandia themselves working to get Doristram to their league, it was no surprise that Abanhfleft had simply not bothered.

Terry, meanwhile, could be said to have the easier job of the two, and even that must be taken with a grain of salt. Her main target was Kazirstan's Tatiyana Portnyagin, and while she didn't know about the quality of Kazirstan's hockey leagues, she had a sneaking suspicion that those leagues were of a much better standard than Abanhfleft's own. Maybe it would make her job easier in that she needn't have to worry about Portnyagin's reaction to her pitch.

Terry saw Gerry reaching for the snifter of scotch and pour more of the amber liquid into his glass, all while still reading the scouting reports he had on his lap. "That's the fifth one already," she commented.

"Don't worry about it," Gerry replied. "I'm not gonna do any driving anytime soon. We've got drivers for that, right?"

"Still, I think you should go easy on the booze, honey," Terry said.

Gerry looked up from the reports and at his wife, and then at the glass in his hand. "All right," he finally said. "This will be the last one. I promise."

"What's on your mind?" Terry asked.

"Nothing much, actually," Gerry replied truthfully. "Just that I might have a harder time convincing this Strachan kid to go to us instead of Elejamie."

"Ooh, I've heard about that," Terry said. "I think you've got your work cut out for you. Elejamie's one of the better hockey nations out there. We can only dream of having the same facilities, staff and fanbase as they do."

"I know," Gerry said, "and that's got me thinking that he probably wouldn't even give half a thought to my pitch. But enough about me, love. How about you? How about your prospect?"

"I'm not really sure about this one as well," Terry admitted. "This Portnyagin gal looks really good, and I've got a feeling that it would be a waste if she just ended up in Abanhfleft. She really could become one of the best out there, and it seems a shame if she just plies her trade in Releinthi. You know how no one really cares about ice hockey despite the fact that we're in Antarctica. Lacrosse is actually more popular than hockey right now, you know, because we won that trophy in Guiana or wherever it happened."

"Oh, don't say that, Terry," Gerry said. "There was a massive boost in both tickets and young players coming through after we went second place in the last Junior Hockey Championships. Heck, if on the off chance Strachan and Portnyagin decide to go to us, maybe seeing these stars in the making playing in our league will finally give the FNIHL and the WSIHA the boost they need to finally become competitive."

"I really hope so, Gerry," Terry said. "I really hope so."

"Well, on the plus side, we don't have to make the pitch immediately," Gerry said to his wife. "We can wait until after the first game before we do that."
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:09 am

Below are the information for the Ontorisan U18 Team. Information on both Calvisburg and the first U18 IHT Cut-Off are next!

RP Injuries to My Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: TG Beforehand
Godmod Other Events: No killing, obviously.
Style: +2.45

Notable Prospects: Grenkard Solozer, Iris Caderim, Ermisef Xulos, Nero Wazed, Rimas Toreis, Frodria Cviem, Horka Zemisburg, Vrisa Zaj

Head Coach: Romas Dzerisam
Assistant Coach: Poiri Buniskav, Yekah Sekame
Captain: Grenkard Solozer
Assistant Captain: Kaprive Sudromis, Mejer Doristram
Roster:
Jersey Number Name [Position, Specific Position. Team Played For Outside of WCoH. Play Style. Age.]

#59 Kaprive Sudromis [Forward, Centre. HZE - Fronosdrav Axmen. SNP. 18]
#85 Iris Caderim [Forward, Centre. OUHL - Yetikar Memorial School. DNG. 18]
#26 Ermisef Xulos [Forward, Centre. ENHL - Grosburg Ironmen. PWF. 17]
#33 Frodria Cviem [Forward, Centre. KHL - QMJHL - Rimouski Oceanic. SNP. 17]

#10 Grenkard Solozer [Forward, Right Wing. OHL - London Knights. PLY. 18]
#46 Iyramid Liriksam [Forward, Right Wing. HZE - Poukisa Bloodhounds. DNG. 16]
#59 Thrya Nubric [Forward, Right Wing. WHL - Calgary Hitmen. TWF. 17]
#92 Buyra Dekaim [Forward, Right Wing. HZE - Riskaj-Ulmaan Snipers. PWF. 16]

#77 Rimas Toreis [Forward, Left Wing. KFAC106 - Pana 82's. TWF. 17]
#4 Nero Wazed [Forward, Left Wing. SOJJL - Thapeosburg Commanders. PWF. 18]
#24 Bravan Opraiz [Forward, Left Wing. KFAC106 - Kamik Pride. PLY. 18]
#62 Drojas Zeirry [Forward, Right Wing. HZE - Esjaie Miners. SNP. 17]

#86 Horka Zemisbarg [Defence. OUHL - Kelixsburg International College. TWD. 17]
#26 Paukris Ceb-an-Mukai [Defence. KFAC106 - Pana 82's. OFD. 16]
#11 Hjarolle Zabroskajet [Defence. KFAC106 - Oksbyre Buccaneers. OFD. 17]
#71 Voros Aqire [Defence. HZE - Astrazi Lunatics. DFD. 18]
#61 Ukirm Sazil [Defence. POJJL - Seskairse Hunters. TWD. 17]
#34 Eskiema Rruak [Defence. OUJL - Calvisburg Western University. OFD. 18]

#31 Argrad Fokulins [Goal Tender. OUJL - Rapazi University. HYB. 18]
#68 Plokine Zuckovski [Goal Tender. HZE - Ventasburg Patriots. HYB. 18]

Scratches
#66 Eswaar Gramdres [Forward, Centre. QMJHL - Halifax Mooseheads. DNG. 17]
#48 Tomirs Cuplis [Forward, Left Wing. HZE - Ventasburg Patriots. SNP. 18]
#97 Vrisa Zaj [Forward, Left Wing. HZE - Blaurisgrad Guardians. DNG. 16]

#36 Ozmarv Driska [Defence. ENHL - Qumirige Stompers. DFD. 18]

Injuries
#43 Mejer Doristram [Defence. ENHL - Raprisker Saints. OFD. 18]

UNIFORMS
Last edited by Ontorisa on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Too busy now, roster will be up tomorrow...
Armeia: Nordic/Germanic/Japanese nation with a quite corrupt government and a militaristic society.
Sporting Achievements: Emperor's Cup I champions, Emperor's Cup II runner ups, U-18 World Cup I Third Place

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:24 pm

DAY 1 SCORES

Group A
Ontorisa 1–0 Saint Anne and Jacob
Esparmuran 1–0 Lymantatia

Group A                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Ontorisa 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
Esparmuran 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
2 Saint Anne and Jacob 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0
Lymantatia 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0

Group B
United States of Devonta 0–2 Gregoryisgodistan
Marion Oaks 2 1–1 Armeia

Group B                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Gregoryisgodistan 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 2
2 Armeia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Marion Oaks 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
3 United States of Devonta 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0

Group C
Frenline Delpha 1–0 Norrehavn
Elejamie 0–1 Natanians and Nosts

Group C                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Natanians and Nosts 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
Frenline Delpha 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 2
2 Elejamie 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Norrehavn 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group D
Kazirstan 0–0 Semarland
Abanhfleft 2–1 Kaboomlandia

Group D                      Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts
1 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 2
2 Kazirstan 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Semarland 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
3 Kaboomlandia 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
Last edited by Ontorisa on Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:34 pm

United States of Devonta National U-18 Hockey Team

Style Modifier: -1
Coach: Karl October
Trigram: USD
Arena: Nord R. Barton Stadium
Arena Location: Olfsburgh
Arena Capacity: 20,000

Roster

Line 1

LW #17 Timothy Canceler
C #2 Gabe Marrow
RW #52 Vanity Jones
D #24 Isaac Newman
D #32 Josiah Borgen

Line 2

LW #48 Olf Derek
C #77 Chris Kyle
RW #88 Francis McVay
D #97 Brent Kirk
D #8 Steven Ho

Line 3

LW #33 Tallon Martin
C #3 Zane Kalika
RW #56 Forest Gumphrey
D #61 Tony Boose
D #29 Patrik Harris

Line 4

LW #51 Paul Everest
C #99 Hadvar Loken
RW #62 Simon Boomhower
D #82 Francisco Ruiz
D #15 Gregory Kislev

Goal

Starting G #2 Larry Mathews
Backup G #10 Gavin Groot

RP Permissions

RP Injuries to My Players: Minor only.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Minor only.
RP Ejections for My Players: Only 1 per game.
Godmod Other Events: Yes
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:29 pm

www.Nationalsportsnetwork.ont
Ontorisa Opens Up the U18 IHT in Calvisburg
Rookie Paukris Ceb-an-Mukai Proves to be the Unlikely Hero, Scoring the Only Goal against Saint Anne and Jacob

Calvisburg, Ontorisa - The Under-18 International Hockey Tournament is underway in Calvisburg where future prospects of various hockey organizations from around the world are coming to play against each other. Ontorisa, being the first host of hopefully many tournaments, has gotten off to a good start, with young and promising goal tender Argrad Fokulins getting a shutout. However, he is not the man of the hour. Instead, it is the sixteen-year old rookie Paukris Ceb-an-Mukai, a Seushan native of Dessulair, getting his first goal during his first game ever played.

Some analysts are comparing Ceb-an-Mukai as Doristram Mk. 2, with Doristram openly taking the young player under his wing during the game. Already, chemistry is building between the various players, whose roster remains almost unchanged save two players who were replaced with the two sixteen year olds. There are high expectations for Ontorisa, being the home team, as many fans want the team to succeed and head to the finals.

"It's been a long time since we've had something to cheer about." One fan told an NSN reporter. "We've had so much talent, but so little results. I think it's more about the drive."

Ceb-an-Mukai, who was drafted third overall last year after receiving an exceptional draft selection, by the Panas 82's, has recorded 37 goals and 39 assists in 68 games played. Let's take a glimpse at the highlight goal he scored today.

"Iris Caderim is here to take the face-off for Ontorisa with 7:20 left in the second period. Caderim has had a huge amount of success in the face-off, winning 6 of his last 8 face-offs against the Saint Anne and Jacobs team. And he does just that as he wins it back to Aqire. Aqire to Ceb-an-Mukai who fakes a slapshot and takes the puck in deep around the net. He sends it out to Wazed, who passes it to the top of the end to Aqire who fires a low shot! REBOUND!

Puck is taken by one of the Saint Anne and Jacobs' defencemen. They're doing exceptionally well during the game. Ceb-an-Mukai, coming back and HE TAKES THE PUCK! Ceb-an-Mukai! He's alone against the goalie! He moves! He scores! Paukris Ceb-an-Mukai with a phenomenal wrist shot goal to beat the Saint Anne and Jacobs' goalie, low blocker side!"

"This kid is going to be something in the future, I can already see it. You can see Doristram looking from the bench, shaking his head in disbelief. I think Ceb-an-Mukai could be better than Doristram, and he knows it. He can skate so well and his body checking and stick checking is so deadly to the opponents that I don't think I can blame the defencemen or the goalie that Ceb-an-Mukai just beat."

"Ceb-an-Mukai breaks the tie with 6:39 remaining in the second period. Ontorisa now leads 1 to 0."

Score Summary

1st Period
No Scoring Events
2nd Period
ONT Goal: Ceb-an-Mukai, Paukris (1) [UNASSISTED] - Even Strength Goal - Wrist Shot Goal - 6:40
3rd Period
No Scoring Events

Box Score
1st2nd3rdFinal
Ontorisa0101
Saint Anne and Jacob0000

Ontorisa Shots: 37
Saint Anne and Jacob Shots: 31

W - Argrad Fokulins - 31 Saves - SV% 1.000
L - Name Not Submitted - 36 Saves - SV% 0.927

THREE STARS OF THE GAME - Presented by Groskaiz Liquor, the Premium and the Best Quality Beer in Ontorisa

1st Star: Paukris Ceb-an-Mukai (1 G, 0 A, 1 P, 1 +/-, 6 Hits)
2nd Star: Argrad Fokulins (31 SA, 0 GA, SV% 1.000, GAA 0.000)
3rd Star: Saint Anne & Jacobs Goalie (37 SA, 1 GA, SV% 0.927, GAA 0.016)

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Natanians and Nosts' first game in U-18 International Hockey Tournament was a hard win against Elejamie,with Caeso scoring the only goal.
The game began with Elejamie attacking,but Mihai kept our goal safe.Then our team began to strike with good scoring opportunities of Caeso,but Adrian,their goaltender made several great defenses.The best scoring opportunity we had was a "shoot" of Caeso right after receiving a pass of Marx, who was changing passes with Malthus,but this ended with a great defense by Adrian.The Elejamians had great chances too with Deni Naemilian, Esteban and Harrison,the most beautiful of them,in my sincere opinion was a offside line "shoot" of Harrison Blackburn,that,by our luck ended in a good defense by Miahi.The second period started wiht Caeso trying to score,but the puck passed away from the goal,then they tryed to make an counter-attack,but Marx took the ball,passed to Malthus then he made a great pass to Caeso who failed to score,another good scoring moment happened when Caeso passed the ball to Malthus and he "shooted" but the ball hit the post and came back when Marx tried to score and Adrian defended.A bad moment in the second perod was a foul to the Elejamian team which several of our players complained about,but the referee talked to them and the Elejamians did not score in that ocasion.
The third period was so much better,because in the second minute Caeso stole the puck and he himself ran and "shooted" with no chance for Adrian! Then the Elejamians started to massively attack,but in the four minutes Ion stayed on the goal,because Mihai felt cramps,he didn't left they score. Caeso also tried to score more or to pass to his teammates to score,but nothing happened.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Kazirstan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kazirstan » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Kazirstan draws Semarland at U18 Tournament
Portnyagin makes 35 stops in 0-0 game

CALVISBURG, ONTORISA - The stands at Prantoria Arena were filled with fans from both Kazirstan and Semarland cheering on their respective teams in their opening match of the inaugural International Under 18 Hockey Tournament. Despite the lack of scoring, the game was by no means uninteresting. Kazirstani goaltender Tatiyana Portnyagin played a perfect game, shutting out the skilled Semarlandic offense, making a total of 35 saves. Despite stellar goaltending, the Kazirstani offense were unable to get a shot past the skilled Semarlandic goaltender Mikael Hansson. Kazirstan played a predictably rough game, logging 23 penalty minutes.

The first period started off slow. Things started speeding up around nine minutes in, when a scramble in front of the Semarlandic net resulted in a good scoring chance for Danis Mironov and a cross-checking penalty for Vadim Tejs. In the second period, a bad change by Kazirstan resulted in a 2 on 0 chance for Semarland. A spectacular glove save by Portnyagin kept Kazirstan alive, but as the minutes of the third period wound down, neither team's offense were able to deliver, with the game ending in a draw.

During a confrontation with Semarlandic offenseman Peder Clark, Kazirstani enforcer Viktor Shibanova head-butted Clark. Clark, visibly dazed, had to be helped off the ice, he did not return for the remainder of the game. Shibanova was given a 5:00 major penalty and a game misconduct.
Score
Teams1st2nd3rdFinal
Kazirstan0000
Semarland0000

Penalties
Teams1st2nd3rdFinal
KazirstanArtyom Dzyuba, 2:00, Boarding
Vadim Tejs, 2:00, Cross-checking
Artemi Sesima, 4:00, Charging
Dmitri Akinfeev, 2:00, Hooking
Viktor Shibanova, 2:00, Elbowing
Viktor Shibanova, 5:00 + Ejection, Head-butting
Artemi Sesima, 2:00, Cross-checking
Alexandra Leskina, 2:00, Slashing
Konstantin Dergachyovka, 2:00, Boarding
23:00
SemarlandAsamoah Asumadu, 2:00, TrippingJannik Ekland, 2:00, Cross-checkingN/A4:00

Armeia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Armeia » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Is it too late to drop out? I hate just posting a list of names for my roster, I want to actually go in depth and I don't think I'm going to be able to do that

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports