NATION

PASSWORD

IBS IX Discussion Thread (OOC, Signups Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Okay, here are the test ranks I came up with:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... cslist_api
And here are the results I based it on (Ignore Sheet 3 for Now):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... cslist_api
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:54 pm

So I got tired of teaching Frenline how to do the ranks and decided to do it myself. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:So I got tired of teaching Frenline how to do the ranks and decided to do it myself. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Holy shikes!

Wow! This is my nations first number one ranking in NSSports :) 8)
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:So I got tired of teaching Frenline how to do the ranks and decided to do it myself. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Ouch. Anyways, glad to see that my rank improved drastically from the last IBS.
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm

United States Of Devonta wrote:

Holy shikes!

I hate to say it, but I did a recount and you're not #1. Turns out there was a 5 I didn't delete that showed you as 5 wins in 1 game (not even possible) in the non-existent fifth round. You're only 7th.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:09 pm

Went from absolutely nothing to T-11th with my miracle semifinal appearance (as I had a roster but nothing else). I'll get more RPing done in X.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
United States Of Devonta wrote:
Holy shikes!

I hate to say it, but I did a recount and you're not #1. Turns out there was a 5 I didn't delete that showed you as 5 wins in 1 game (not even possible) in the non-existent fifth round. You're only 7th.

Oh okay. I didn't deserve one anyways.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Greg suggested disbanding the IBS because of the low interest, but I'm of the camp that we should run at least one more tournament of it. While Abanhfleft was the only one to really regularly RP that tournament, I'd like to give the IBS a proper finish before we mothball it.

also, part of this is that I want to see if I can pull off another miracle.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Greg suggested disbanding the IBS because of the low interest, but I'm of the camp that we should run at least one more tournament of it. While Abanhfleft was the only one to really regularly RP that tournament, I'd like to give the IBS a proper finish before we mothball it.

also, part of this is that I want to see if I can pull off another miracle.

As mentioned in the General OOC thread, there will be at least one more tournament to see how things go, just to give things a proper closure and because 10 is a nice round number. And to give people one more chance to "save" the tournament, I guess, since part of me doesn't want it to go even though I know it's time. Signups will open in a few days with the goal of starting sometime during the World Cup proper/CoH and finishing before the next WBC.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Frenline Delpha wrote:Please no. Can we at least give it one more shot before we close the curtain?

I haven't decided yet. Though the next one would be IBS X, which is a nice round number to close it off on. I'm leaning yes at the moment, because it would be an interesting RP angle playing in the last IBS and that could improve interest. Plus if we see a reversal and an increase in interest, I might continue it beyond that, which could further encourage people to RP and "save" the tournament. So sure. Signups will likely open in a few days with the goal of starting sometime during the World Cup proper/CoH, and we'll see how things go from there. Any further discussion should be on the IBS Discussion thread, not here.

Edit: Ninja'd by Kaboom.

I know that this may sound selfish, but the reason I don't want the IBS disbanded is because Shiltzberg and I have been working on a host bid together for about a month. I think this is a great beginners tournament, and I want to see if Shiltzberg and I would be able to co-host more. So, that is the reason for my interest in the IBS.
Also, now the cat's out of the bag.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
I haven't decided yet. Though the next one would be IBS X, which is a nice round number to close it off on. I'm leaning yes at the moment, because it would be an interesting RP angle playing in the last IBS and that could improve interest. Plus if we see a reversal and an increase in interest, I might continue it beyond that, which could further encourage people to RP and "save" the tournament. So sure. Signups will likely open in a few days with the goal of starting sometime during the World Cup proper/CoH, and we'll see how things go from there. Any further discussion should be on the IBS Discussion thread, not here.

Edit: Ninja'd by Kaboom.

I know that this may sound selfish, but the reason I don't want the IBS disbanded is because Shiltzberg and I have been working on a host bid together for about a month. I think this is a great beginners tournament, and I want to see if Shiltzberg and I would be able to co-host more. So, that is the reason for my interest in the IBS.
Also, now the cat's out of the bag.

Fair enough. We'll see how things go. If people can manage to RP and show that this is a tournament worth having, we'll keep it. So here's your chance to "save" the IBS. Signups will likely go up around the end of this week with a deadline for host-bids posted then.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:23 pm

This time, I actually have enough time on my hands to RP this thing, so hopefully that's good.

Of course, considering how I did last time, the RNG gods are probably going to screw me over royally.
Co-Author of SC #204

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:24 pm

What if we hosted some friendlies to gain hype for the IBS. I don't want this tournament to die.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:26 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:What if we hosted some friendlies to gain hype for the IBS. I don't want this tournament to die.

I wouldn't recommend it. It would just lead to burnout. It's happened before. Bad idea.

Also, this is the IBS IX Discussion/Signups Thread. I was going to post that we should take it to the general IBS Discussion Thread, but we don't seem to have one, or if we do, it was probably created by Llama when he ran it and I can't find it and should probably have OP status anyway, so sit tight while I create it then put all conversation there. Thanks.

Edit: Here it is. Let's move over there please....
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,