NATION

PASSWORD

AstyCup Signups/Bid Thread [Astyria Only] - Reboot

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

AstyCup Signups/Bid Thread [Astyria Only] - Reboot

Postby Costa de Ouro » Fri May 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Previous Thread

Welcome to the first (ish) edition of AstyCup!

Only nations of Astyria and/or Astyrian Probation may enter this tournament. All other nations may not enter this tournament. Puppets of Astyrian nations in other regions are not allowed. NPC nations in Astyria are allowed. Puppet nations in Astyria are allowed, even if the main nation is outside Astyria. Puppet nations in Astyria, with the main nation in Astyria, are allowed. All puppets must be declared.

Nations can sign up and post bids in this thread. To sign up, just say "I sign up" or something along those lines.

Bids must include information about scorination, format, and other OOC aspects. An IC aspect is recommended but not required.

Current Bids
None

Current Signups (7/?)
Costa de Ouro
Morroseta
Aquitayne
Zitru
Cadenza
Scottopian Isles
Ala-Moana

Signups and host bids both close on Friday, May 22 at around 5:00 US Central Time.

May the best nation win!
Last edited by Costa de Ouro on Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Zitru
Minister

Founded: Jan 18, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitru » Fri May 08, 2015 5:08 pm

I was looking forward to this a lot when the idea was first brought up and then became official, but was left disappointed when interest ceased. On those lines, you can count me in. I won't, however, be going in for host because of various RL reasons which will prevent me from hosting the tournament to the best possible standards.
Federal Republic of ZitruFörbundesrepublik Kalteland

Capital: Raedburg
Official language: Zitran
Demonym: Zitran
President: Thomas Vagnoman (D)
Population: 224,982,345
Currency: Zitran krone (kr) (KKR)
25-year-old male of Scottish and Irish descent
Chemical engineer living in Los Angeles, CA

Member since 18th January 2011

Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Fri May 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Cadenza's in. If I can enter with multiple nations I miiight try to put rosters together.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Sat May 09, 2015 9:32 am

I'm in.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Scottopian Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottopian Isles » Sat May 09, 2015 7:10 pm

Sign the Scottopian Isles up....
Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles
Proud member of Astyria, East Astyrian Treaty Organization & the World Assembly
Capitol: Scottopia CityRoyal Cities: MacKenzie City, Port Elisabeth, Urquhart
Major Cities: Cappielow City, Davanzas, East Kilbride, Kamehameha, Milpitas Bay, New Greenock
Heads of State: King Scott James & Queen ElisabethPrime Minister: Brian P. Beahm
Government: Consitutional MonarchyCurrency: Scot §2.7015=NS$1Population: 56 MillionArea: 95,617 sq mi

Ala-Moana
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ala-Moana » Sat May 09, 2015 7:13 pm

Ala Moana too if the tournament is before October

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Mon May 11, 2015 7:21 pm

All accepted.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu May 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Bump.

Signups will not close tomorrow.

Nikolia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 23, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nikolia » Thu May 21, 2015 2:51 pm

I am in this

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Yoohooo, I'm in.
Last edited by Riysa on Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri May 22, 2015 7:17 am

Can we extend this deadline to get more regional participation?

EDIT: Also, is there a puppet limit? Some of us have more than one puppet in Probation region, like Trellin, Scot, Woody and me for instance. I know the typical limit in NSS tournaments is one main and one puppet, so I'd like to know if that applies or not here.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Fri May 22, 2015 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Zitru
Minister

Postby Zitru » Fri May 22, 2015 7:24 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Can we extend this deadline to get more regional participation?

EDIT: Also, is there a puppet limit? Some of us have more than one puppet in Probation region, like Trellin, Scot, Woody and me for instance. I know the typical limit in NSS tournaments is one main and one puppet, so I'd like to know if that applies or not here.

I agree. A handful of participants wouldn't make for the most exciting tournament, especially since this is the first.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Fri May 22, 2015 2:08 pm

The deadline for host bids and signups will be extended until next Friday.

Unlimited puppets may be entered but all must be declared and I would really like to see the puppets RPing as well (because all RPing people really hate it when they lose to a no-roster no-RP puppet)

Trellin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Trellin » Sat May 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Trellin's in, so, with Cadenza as well. I won't do more puppets.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat May 23, 2015 7:49 pm

In. Preconfirm.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Terre des Gaules
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Terre des Gaules » Sat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:In. Preconfirm.

Yarp.
A Franco-cultured nation that speaks a dialect of French, and shares some persons and characteristics with our dimension's France, but retained the name of the barbarian tribes that ranged most of that area.

Zitru
Minister

Postby Zitru » Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Host bid incoming.

San Joaquin Valley
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby San Joaquin Valley » Wed May 27, 2015 10:50 pm

San Joaquin Valley is in...

Nova Deseret
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Deseret » Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 pm

As too Nova Deseret

Scottopian Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scottopian Isles » Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Both of which are my puppets pending entry to Astyria Probation

And although i dont have a Scorinator Zitru, any help with anything else you need let me know...
Royal CommonWealth of Scottopian Isles
Proud member of Astyria, East Astyrian Treaty Organization & the World Assembly
Capitol: Scottopia CityRoyal Cities: MacKenzie City, Port Elisabeth, Urquhart
Major Cities: Cappielow City, Davanzas, East Kilbride, Kamehameha, Milpitas Bay, New Greenock
Heads of State: King Scott James & Queen ElisabethPrime Minister: Brian P. Beahm
Government: Consitutional MonarchyCurrency: Scot §2.7015=NS$1Population: 56 MillionArea: 95,617 sq mi

Zitru
Minister

Postby Zitru » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:48 pm

So, I'm working on a host bid to put forward for this tournament.

Everyone who wants to sign-up or confirm their participation from a previous sign-up, please do so after this post or you will not be entered.

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Costa de Ouro and Morroseta both confirming

Zitru
Minister

Postby Zitru » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:33 am

NATIONAL FOOTBALL FEDERATION
OFFICIAL HOST BID FOR THE ASTYRIAN CUP

The National Football Federation presents its official host bid for the first edition of the Astyrian Cup.

Zitru
The United States of Zitru (Der Vereinigten Staäten auf Kaltru), more commonly referred to as the United States or Zitru, is a massive federal republic comprising 56 states and a federal district. The 53 contiguous states and Westington, D.C. are in eastern Astyria. The state of Alkana is an archipelago south of the mainland, while Sacarpa is in island west of California and Askana further north. The country was established through thirteen Kingtonian colonies, officially gaining independence from Kington Langley on July 4, 1776 after the War for Independence was won. Zitru is a spectacular country that is proud to be a nation of multi-culture, and we welcome visitors to our beautiful land with open arms. From the rocky mountains of the west to the great plains of central Zitru to the bustling cities of the east coast, the country has plenty to offer.

Association football has long been the most popular sport in Zitru, with a huge network of league systems from the coveted National Soccer League sitting at the top of the pyramid down to even the Conference where teams of all levels compete. The National Football Federation connects cities, small towns and rural villages within the national leagues and competitions, and there are a wide range of football academies which bring up fresh Zitran talent. The Zitru national football team is very successful historically and in the modern day within Zurope, having won a total of five URFA Regional Cup titles with the most recent triumph in 2015, and remains the only national team to have successfully defended their title. Zitran clubs are very successful within Zuropean competitions, having won an outstanding total of 33 URFA titles between them - a record matched by no other association.

Host Venues

Executive members of the National Football Federation voted on eight stadiums in six cities to be used as venues for the Astyrian Cup. The cities chosen were: Ahckman, Jachtlekaar, Orlando, Raedburg, Rockvale and Sportaka. In order to ensure the best quality venues for the tournament, major work was put into upgrading the Destiny Stadium in Rockvale and building the brand new Orlando City Stadium in Orlando, while safety checks were carried out around the other stadiums.

Ahckman
Dubbed the Business Capital of the World, the beautiful city of Ahckman is situated perfectly on the coast of Tweakavant and is arguably one of the best Astyrian cities for living. Huge, eye-catching skyscrapers and luxury hotels dominate the skyline along the famous Ahckman Beach, which boasts breathtaking views of the coast, and the long Ocean Boulevard business district is home to the headquarters of many massive corporations including Destiny Airlines, Destiny Cruise Line and the Bank of Zitru.

The central part of the city, known as downtown Ahckman, is a picturesque place surrounded by crystal blue lakes and forests of green, but is still a busy and popular area. The modern Ahckman Arena is situated at the end of Lake Drive, a street which is famous for its buildings and hotels which overlook the Ahckman Lake, as well as its long line of shops and restaurants, making downtown Ahckman a place where fashion, top quality cuisine and culture thrives. The city is served by Ahckman-Anderson International Airport.

Ahckman has a subtropical-Mediterranean climate, with plenty of sun throughout the year and an average of just forty days of precipitation annually. The average annual temperature in downtown is 76°F to 85°F during the day and 67°F at night. In the coldest month, January, the temperature typically ranges from 62 to 78°F during the day and 55 to 65°F at night. During August, the warmest month, temperatures typically range from 81 to 94°F during the day and around 74°F at night. Tropical storms are common between August and September, while it is mostly dry throughout the rest of the year.

The Ahckman Arena is a multi-purpose sports stadium which was built in 1990 as part of the National Football Federation’s successful bid to host the 1992 RFAF Regional Bowl, and has been the official home stadium of National Soccer League side Ahckman F.C. since 1996. The stadium holds a total of 49,833 people, and is one of very few football stadiums in Zitru to have a retractable roof, which was added in 1995 to prevent damage to the seating and pitch during storms. The stadium is well-known for its location at the end of Lake Drive, and boasts spectacular views of downtown Ahckman from the stadium’s outdoor walkway.

Jachtlekaar
The fascinating city of Jachtlekaar is among the largest cities in the United States and is the capital of the state of Tweakavant. It is well known for its historic heritage as a major city in the Kai Empire before the colonization of Zitru, and many famous and infamous monuments and sacred grounds are still standing. Eastern Jachtlekaar is very popular among tourists and residents alike for its streets and streets of shops, restaurants, bars and unique hotels where people of all backgrounds and cultures can be seen. The city was number one in the list of Top 25 Safest Cities in the United States back in 2013, and its people are famous for their kind and helpful attitudes.

The historic district, located on the outskirts of the city where a lot of jungle-like area remains, is well worth a visit. It is home to ancient monuments built by the people of the Kai Empire thousands of years ago and, while there are almost no big hotel chains or residential areas, plenty of fun can be had as tourists are invited to indulge in Kai culture by staying in over-water huts built at the banks of the Arken River, and can visit the structures and witness the practices of the people all those years ago. The city is served by Jachtlekaar International Airport.

Jachtlekaar has a very wet and warm tropical monsoon climate, with very consistent temperatures all year round. The city sees a huge amount of rainfall between October and June, while July to September is generally much drier. The average annual temperature throughout the city is 87°F to 101°F during the day, which remains similar during the night between 82°F and 90°F. The coldest month of the year, January, still sees high temperatures in the mid 80s, with average temperatures ranging from 84°F to 91°F, while the hottest month, September, sees highs of 105°F on very hot days.

The Jachtlekaar Arena is an association football stadium which was built in 2007 as the brand new stadium for F.C. Jachtlekaar, who had been promoted to the National Soccer League following the 2006-07 season. The stadium still serves as their home today. Although originally intended to hold thirty thousand spectators, the stadium was expanded in 2012 and now has a much larger capacity of 52,119. Much like the Ahckman Arena, the Jachtlekaar Arena is one of few Zitran stadiums with a retractable roof which helps to keep the interior of the arena cool from the heat of the city outside, paired with advanced climate control added in 2010 which further lowers the temperature of the stadium.

Orlando
Downtown Orlando

Orlando is a major city in Florida, located in the central area of the state, and is one of the largest cities in the United States. A popular tourist destination all over the world, Orlando is nicknamed both The City Beautiful and The Theme Park Capital of the World, its tourist attractions drawing over 60 million people to the city in 2014. The city’s famous tourist attractions form the backbone of its tourism industry: the Screamin’ Resort, opened by the Adrian Eastman Company in 1971; the Lanster Orlando Resort opened in 1999 as part of a multi-national expansion by the Lanster Group; Animalia; Adventure World; and the Wild Isle.

Alongside its many tourist attractions, the city boasts a bustling downtown area where some of the tallest buildings in the state as well as major headquarters for corporations are located, including the SunTrust Center and the Bank of Zitru Center, overlooking a beautiful lake. While most of Orlando is wetlands, consisting of many lakes and swamps, the terrain is generally flat which owes to the hundreds of neighborhoods around and within the city limits of Orlando. The city is served by Orlando International Airport.

During the height of Orlando’s humid summer season, high temperatures are typically in the lower to mid 90°F, while low temperatures rarely fall below 70°F between April and October. The area’s humidity acts as a buffer, usually preventing actual temperatures from exceeding 100°F, but also pushing the heat index to over 110°F. During these months, strong afternoon thunderstorms occur almost daily. During the cooler seasons, humidity is lower and temperatures are more moderate, and can fluctuate more readily. The monthly daily average temperature in January is 60°F.

The Orlando City Stadium is an association football stadium in downtown Orlando, built in 2015 to accommodate the promotion of Orlando City F.C. to the National Soccer League following the 2014-15 season. The stadium saw a major upgrade for the 2015-16 NSL season which included the addition of roofing over the seating area of the stadium, which holds 42,054, and the installation of two huge broadcasting screens. Most of Downtown Orlando can be seen from within the stadium, which overlooks Lake Orlando. The Astyrian Cup will mark the first time a competitive match has ever been played at the stadium.

Raedburg

Among the five largest cities in the United States and nicknamed The Football Capital of Zitru, Raedburg is a beautiful city located on the eastern coast of Sacarpa, and is the capital city of the island state. The unparalleled beauty of the bustling entertainment district and downtown Raedburg is made even better with the white sands of South Beach, one of the longest beaches in the United States. The city boasts a perfect balance of history, culture and sport to make for an unforgettable experience in Raedburg.

Perhaps the most famous part of the city, the entertainment district in downtown Raedburg, is what makes this place one of a kind. As probably the biggest home of football in the whole Astyria, Raedburg’s busy, fascinating and spectacular center is well-known for its rows of supporters’ bars, club stores and fan zones, paired with the exciting experience along the South Beach shopping district where the biggest names in fashion and cuisine can be found. The city is served by Raedburg International Airport.

Raedburg has a typical tropical climate, specifically a tropical wet and dry climate, with high temperatures and high relative humidity throughout the year. However, these conditions are usually relieved by pleasant winds blowing from the ocean. Average temperatures are not much different throughout the year. May through September are the warmest and driest months, with highs of 106°F and lows of 84°F. The rainy season spans from October through April, with rainfall particularly prodigious in November and December. The average annual temperature is 93°F.

The National Stadium is an association football stadium located in downtown Raedburg which was originally built in 1979 as part of the National Soccer Federation’s successful bid to host the 1982 URFA Regional Cup. The stadium serves as the home of the Zitru national football team and has been upgraded three times in 1995, 2002 and 2013. Known as one of the largest football stadiums in the world, the National Stadium has an incredible capacity of 105,000 all seated, which is expected to be upgraded by ten thousand more before 2017. The stadium boasts the famous Restaurant 11 in memory of the players who represented Zitru, and boasts breathtaking views of Raedburg city.

The Republic Stadium is an association football stadium located on the coast of Raedburg near South Beach, built in 1947 as the new home stadium of National Soccer League champions F.C. Raedburg. It was upgraded most recently in 2011 and still serves as the home of the club. Although originally built to hold more than 100,000 spectators, new building regulations in Raedburg in 2011 forced the club to reduce the capacity to 99,987. Unlike most football stadiums around the world, a major road, Republic Boulevard, runs under the stadium where areas for matchday and club parking are also located. The F.C. Raedburg Superstore, the largest club store in the world, is located inside the Republic Stadium, and the Raedburg Restaurant above the main entrance has picturesque views of South Beach and the surrounding area.

The Balsak Stadium is an association football stadium located 5 miles from South Beach, near to the Republic Stadium, and was built in 1957. The stadium is the home of National Soccer League side Balsak F.C., and was also the home of Balsak Town F.C. between 1960 and 1975. Upgraded in 2012, the Balsak Stadium seats 85,603 spectators as the 2011 Raedburg building regulations forced the club to reduce the capacity from 90,000 seats, and is one of few stadiums in the United States without a roof. The Balsak Stadium is the only stadium in the world which boasts an official club shopping area, connected to the stadium via a covered walkway, from where the beautiful skyline of Raedburg, including the nearby Republic Stadium and South Beach, can be seen.

Rockvale

Rockvale, nicknamed The City of Adventure, is a major city in the state of Molligan, and is one of the largest cities in the United States. Voted Best City for Vacation in the country last year, Rockvale boasts an incredible number of sights to see and places to be explored. Referred to as the birthplace of Molligan, the city is known for its extensive beaches and huge range of natural wonders. Within the main city limits there are long streets of shopping districts and restaurants, as well as various squares where the famous Vale Fountain sits - the first structure ever built in Molligan. Downtown Rockvale has an incredible skyline of skyscrapers, and is home to the well-known and loved Rockvale F.C. club headquarters, which has a football pitch atop the building.

Outside of the cities limits there are plenty of other amazing things to see, including some of the world’s most beautiful natural wonders. Among these is the infamous Rock Valley, where the Rockvale Canyon is situated and also the place where the tyrannous Kai emperor, Kuzan, is believed to have been killed. At the center of the valley sits the huge Vale Rock, which is believed to have been a sacred ground for the Kai people thousands of years before the city was built. Whatever your interests, your hobbies or your idea of a perfect trip - Rockvale has it all. The city is served by Rockvale-Kelltoyer International Airport.

Rockvale is one of the two best summer climates in the United States as scored by The Weather Channel with both a semi-arid and a Mediterranean climate. Rockvale’s climate is characterized by warm, dry summers and mild winters with most of the annual precipitation falling between December and March. The city has a mild climate year-round, with an average of 201 days above 75°F and low rainfall. The city’s summer temperatures range from 75°F to 92°F, while its winter temperatures range from 62°F to 74°F.

The City of Rockvale Stadium, known as the Destiny Stadium for sponsorship reasons with The Destiny Company, is an association football stadium in downtown Rockvale, built in 1953 as part of the National Football Federation’s successful bid to host the inaugural URFA Regional Cup in 1954. It has been the official home stadium of National Soccer League side Rockvale F.C. since 1955. The stadium has a capacity of 71,2015, and is famous throughout the world for its unusual shape and full color-changing exterior. The stadium is lit up red when Rockvale F.C. are the host team, blue when another sport is being played aside from football, and white during concerts and when the Zitru national team uses the stadium.

Sportaka

Sportaka is a city located on the southeastern coast of Sacarpa. Although the city slightly smaller and more relaxed than its sister Raedburg, it is very expansive and offers a unique kind of experience unlike anywhere else in the world. Sportaka’s four beautiful beaches each offer a completely different style of relaxation and cuisine, almost like they are taking you away from the busy cities of Zitru. The biggest beach among the four, Sportaka Beach, is famous for the locals’ love of futsal. Along its waters you can find shops selling futsal gear, groups of people playing the sport, and the fantastically built Sportaka Futsal Arena, which holds 10,000 spectators and is just a ten minute walk from the main beach.

Aside from the lush and elegant beaches, Sportaka offers far more than just relaxation. The city is also famous for its beautifully designed buildings and skyscrapers in downtown Sportaka, where the weird and wonderful headquarters of the National Football Federation’s futsal division and Destiny Rail’s AquaRail Center can be found. Along these same streets are rows of shops and restaurants, which blend in with the crazy scene in the city and owing to its nickname, The Crazy City. The city is served by Rockvale International Airport.

Sportaka has a very similar climate to that of Raedburg, with high temperatures and high relative humidity throughout the year with pleasant winds blowing in from the ocean cooling the city, and average temperatures that are not much different throughout the year than Raedburg. The average temperature between May and September rangers from 83°F to 104°F, with the rainy season of October to April seeing average temperatures of around 78°F to 96°F. The average annual temperature sits at a cool 89°F.

The Dynamo Stadium is an association football stadium located 5 miles east of Sportaka Beach which was built in 1950 and originally called the Sportaka Football Stadium. Since 1958 the stadium has served as the home for National Soccer League side Dynamo Sportaka F.C., although F.C. Mortoge held home matches there between 1950 and 1957 before moving to their newer stadium. The stadium holds 55,931 spectators which is expected to increase to 66,000 before 2017. In 2013 the Dynamo Stadium was upgraded from a capacity of 48,000 to its current capacity, and the addition of a 2,000 spectator standing area which will be closed off for the Astyrian Cup, as requested by the club.

Travel
Travelling between states, cities and host stadiums in the United States during the Astyrian Cup will be simple. The executive committee overseeing the host bid for Zitru have secured various deals with major Astyrian business to provide access to affordable and reliable travel across the country, plus comfortable accomodation. The huge network of roads throughout the country, including the Interstate and U.S. Highway routes, will allow supporters to travel between states and cities during the tournament, and Destiny Coach Lines are offering discounted bookings on coach travel ahead of the tournament.

Destiny Airlines offer cheap flights between all six international airports in each host city without stops using brand new aircraft with a dedicated livery, while charter airline Destiny Eagle boasts luxurious and personalized travel to and from selected airports for the tournament. Destiny Cruise Line can provide inexpensive but luxurious voyages from select ports in Astyria to Zitru ahead of the tournament, with stops in exotic ports of call along the way; and Destiny Rail’s extensive rail network throughout the country provides supporters with easy travel options between host cities, including the AquaRail line between Los Angeles-Raedburg and San Diego-Sportaka.

OOC
Zitru
For those of you not familiar with who I am, and those who are anyway: I’m Zitru, often nicknamed Zee after my nation name and real name.

We’ve had two unsuccessful attempts at trying to run the Astyrian Cup, but I am among those who want to make sure this tournament takes place and so I’ve went ahead and put in a host bid to host the first edition of the tournament, of hopefully many to come. While I don’t have much experience of hosting major NS sporting events, I have hosted the most recent edition of the URFA Regional Cup within the region of The Zuropean Union, as well as one or two other smaller competitions a long time ago. However, I’m sure this will be an opportunity to get some more hosting experience, and to have some fun.

Format
While there isn’t a set starting date for the tournament, I would ideally like to start it by mid-August or September at the latest, and I would like to see a nice even and organized number of between 16 and 24 competing, although I will have a back-up plan in case that doesn’t quite happen, or we get more participants than expected.

Anyway, my approach to scorination and RPing will be simple: Friday night and Saturday will see the the matchdays for one half of the groups respectively, while Sunday and Monday will be an RP break. Tuesday and Wednesday will again see a return to matchdays for one half of the groups respectively, with Thursday and Friday used for RPing.

Should the tournament get 16 participants, it will be run the same way the UEFA Euros were run: 4 groups of 4 teams each, with the top two teams from each group advancing to the quarter-finals, followed by the semi-finals and then the final. If we get 24 participants, there will be 6 groups of 4 teams each, with the top two teams from each group and the four best third-placed teams advancing to the round of 16. Should there be more or less participants, I will take a similar approach but with a different group setup, which I will notify everyone of if the time comes.

And of course, everyone in Astyria is permitted to sign-up to participate in the tournament! The minimum requirement for RPing is a 23-man roster, but further participation is encouraged.

Scorination
If I’m chosen to host the tournament, I will use the scorinator xkoranate with 0.6 points of RP bonus out of 1 held, to encourage good quality RPing from everyone. 10% of the modifier will come from a previous day’s RP, 50% from the average day’s RP and a further 10% from the best day’s RP to ensure that everyone will get a decent RP bonus if they post an excellent RP one day but aren’t able to be active for a few days after.

Which is as Aquitayne proposed originally, because it appears to work best.

Lexmark
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexmark » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:45 am

Cassonne would love to participate.
C
R
U
C
I
S
V
A
L
L
E

Smertolina
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Smertolina » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:05 pm

Smertolina will participate
Smertolina is a landlocked, mountainous, forested, Slavic-Germanic nation. It is ruled by a mostly-benevolent fascist monarch (my old "City of Villains" supervillain) and does not represent my real-world views.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports