NATION

PASSWORD

Cologne Archery Competition[IC Thread; Closed]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Cologne Archery Competition[IC Thread; Closed]

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:53 am

"On the green hills of Cologne district in Ripuaria there lies thousands of arrows shot from the dawn of history. It was long in Cologne's tradition to hold at least one bow in every house. Now it's time for the world to see the wonders of a fine crafted curved wood in some target archery on the open hills."

"Welcome! Welcome everyone to the first International Folk Archery Competition! Bringing you a feel of our deep cultural traditions and relationship with our carved wooden sticks!"

Shouted a man standing on a stool in the open fields. The tall grass was chipped short, targets were erect and bows were carved all for this special event! We even have rumours that the grand duke himself would arrive! Starting from 8:30 at the morning visitors all around the world arrived, many of whom never drew a bow string in their lives, to come and watch this marvelous tradition of the Northern Freiburgers. Drawing their strings and shooting their arrows the happy people also enjoyed a few picnics and other shows in the event, including a short fun course for kids to carve their own bows! People from all ages came for toddlers to elders even if it's just to enjoy some fresh air.

On the other hill stood six targets, untouched by the folk competitions. These were reserved for a special section of the event. The Competitive Tournament! Where famous archers from around the world get to take their shots and try to win the grand prize! As the clock ticked 12:00, three and a half hours after the event began there come our international representatives! Oh, and let's not forget about our host today!

You may post your arrivals now!(and people cheering/booing to your competitors :p)
Last edited by Ripuaria on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Fratton
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratton » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 am

Harrison King, Palmouth's greatest archer, is now representing it's successor Fratton in his first international event. Harrison wasn't originally scheduled to appear at this event, but due to a drop in participants, was allowed to sign up and make this an international event.

King Matthew I have given him special arrows for the occasion. On arrival in Cologne, he was given a warm reception, since a lot of people have heard of Fratton due to it's relationship with Derita, and it's first international medallist in George Beckham at Tri-Hop II. Harrison was hoping to be the 2nd international medallist from the country and was certainly looking forward to this event.

Harrison is joined by coach Marcus and his wife Patricia, whom he married last year in Elvis Land, a holiday resort in the city of Kings. The event is being broadcast on FBC 1 and on GBC Fratton, where it's estimated that 10 million viewers will watch.

The journey has only begun.....

Aznazia
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aznazia » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:14 am

Jefferson McTrevis, stepped of his coach bus with his coach and other reporters from his home nation. A few other Aznazians were waiting along with his parents. They cheered and hugged him and he went to his hotel to wait for the events to begin.
The Federal Republic of Aznazia

My Political View: https://www.politicalcompass.org/chart?ec=4.13&soc=2.82
Pro: USA, Guns, Republic, Capitalism, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, Gay Rights, Patriotism, Environment, Green Energy.
Anti: Communism, Corruption, Crony-Capitalism, Accommodation, Fascism, Religious Extremism, Neo-Progressivism.
Peace Time: 450,000 total

Breakdown by branch (peace time):
    -Army: 250,000
    -Navy: 100,000
    -Marines: 35,000
    -Air force: 65,000
Population: 98.362 Million
Current Chancellor: Fredrick Pudikov
Minister of Foreign Affairs: Dwight Folwer
Press Secretary: David Piers
Aznazian Trade Secretary: Christopher Olson

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:46 am

On the small shed outside the field there stood a desk and a microphone. A map dressed in a nice suit walked in followed by a second one, not as attractive as the first one. After meddling with the microphone, the first took a deep breath and started to shout:
"Hello! Hello! Welcome to the International Competitive Tournament of the Cologne Folk Archery! I'm your host, Adrian Schuchert, but you can call me Edd. Today we welcome our competitors from across the world to the first competition of it's kind taking place in our very own little but relevant country! Before we begin Michel here our weatherman would like to tell our competitors what to expect from today's weather. Over to you Michel!"

Michel picked the microphone and started to forecast the weather:
"Well Edd, currently we have a bright day with almost no winds at all! Competitors are expected to have an easy run for the first phases but be wary! Some clouds and winds are comming our way and are estimated to climate at around four in the afternoon! So we might see some difficulties later on in the day!"

Edd cleared his throat taking the microphone back and talking:
"Thank you Michel! We can already see our competitors coming. We have here Harrison King from Fratton, a fast and accurate archer hailing from many prizes that we won!

Here we can also see Jefferson McTrevis! Coming from Aznazia. He has an eagle's eye in his hand! And I don't mean literally, I mean he's eye is as sharp as an eagle's!

Oh? And who's that pretty little lady? Why that's Katherina Lenz! Our very own representative hailing from Freiburg! Such a heavy and strong bow for such an elegant woman...

The first phase would begin as soon as all the competitors arrive! Stay tuned and until then, you can by a drink in our stalls!"

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:17 pm

Hanz Fawnswell opened the door to the car he was in. His chauffeur stayed in the car and waited for Hanz to take his things before heading off to parking. There were a few cheers for him, but most of his friends and family that would be watching had not yet arrived in Ripuaria yet.
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 am

"Now, I think we can start with the first phase of the competition, that is, the ranking phase!"

Cheers, claps and shouts came from the audience eager to see the competition start, all fans of the famous archers who came to the competition.
"The rules are as following: We have here a field with lanes for each of the archer. Each archer gets exactly 4 minutes to score 6 arrows on a target 70 metres away from them. Only pre-17th century bows with no attachments! We Ripuarians care much about our tradition, eh?"

Michel laughed at Edd's remark
"Now Edd, if we look at our strategically placed wind measure, placed behind our competitors, in front of the audience, we would see that the winds average at 10 kilometres per hour, which isn't the easiest. I wish our competitors: Good Luck! On to you, Edd. Let us start!"

"After everyone take their shoots, one archer would be eliminated and the rest would be paired with archers who scored around the same score.
Let the arrows! Fly!

Take your stands competitors!

The 4 minutes countdown starts...now!"

A buzz was heard across the field and a digital screen showed the count as it goes down.
Here're the results, you may RP your competitors scoring these ^.^

Sabrina Aya
Total: 34

Hanz Fawnswell
Total: 48

Jefferson McTrevis(RNG must really hate you xD)
Total: 29

Harrison King
Total: 46

Lena Balashova
Total: 44

Katherina Lenz
Total: 43

John Smith
Total: 41

Fratton
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratton » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:43 am

"This is Mark Smith in Cologne, Ripura, where the Archery Competition is underway. After the first round, Hanz Fawnswell leads with 48 points, followed by Fratton's own Harrison King with 46. The last placed contestant and therefore eliminated from the contest is Jefferson McTrevis, who scored a dreadful 29.

That was a very impressive first round by both Hanz and Harrison, who both were closest to the maximum of 50. Lena Balashova, Katherina Lenz, John Smith also did OK, but Sabrina Aya struggled on 34 points and will need to improve for the rest of the tournament.

Join us later for round two to see if Hanz and Harrison can continue their dominance....."

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rhodevus » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Hanz raised his bow in the air and cried out in joy. It was a great round for him. He just hoped he could maintain his lead over Harrison King...
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports