NATION

PASSWORD

International Baseball Slam VIII OOC Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Milchama wrote:I'm going to sign up for this because I'm curious.

Please specify a nickname and trigramme. If you don't, I will look up your trigramme tomorrow when I am more awake and the host reserves the right to pick as insulting a nickname as they want.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Adoxinia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adoxinia » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 am

Adoxinia Red Dragons (ARD)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Signups updated
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:04 am

Just over 48 hours to submit hostbids.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Fratton
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratton » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:11 am

We're in

Albagaria
Secretary

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albagaria » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:32 am

Albagaria Luck Swingers (ALS)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:40 am

Fratton wrote:We're in

As mentioned in the OP, please specify a trigramme (three letter code) and nickname. I am temporarily assigning you the trigramme FRT. You must choose your nickname or the host can and will choose an insulting one for you.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Fratton
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratton » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:50 am

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Fratton wrote:We're in

As mentioned in the OP, please specify a trigramme (three letter code) and nickname. I am temporarily assigning you the trigramme FRT. You must choose your nickname or the host can and will choose an insulting one for you.

Very well:

Codename: FRT
Nickname: Fratton Bumble Blues

Kiana Mura
Secretary

Founded: Feb 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiana Mura » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:32 pm

Kiana Mura Blue Foxes (KMB)
Last edited by Kiana Mura on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yayness
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yayness » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Milchama wrote:I'm going to sign up for this because I'm curious.

Please specify a nickname and trigramme. If you don't, I will look up your trigramme tomorrow when I am more awake and the host reserves the right to pick as insulting a nickname as they want.

I would like to sign up. My username can be Yayness Yowlers and my trigramme will be YYY

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:28 am

Gregoryisgodistan Bid For International Baseball Slam VIII

Gregoryisgodistan: IC information: Gregoryisgodistan is a nation located in Esportiva and ruled by Lord Almighty Gregory, who is worshiped as a deity within that nation. Gregoryisgodistan’s baseball team, the Bat Slaves, is by far the most successful team in the International Baseball Slam, winning the title five of the six times they've entered.

Since Gregoryisgodistan has a number of unusual laws, which will be discussed more in the IC thread, all participants and fans at the International Baseball Slam will be issued special papers certifying that they are there for that purpose. As long as they have those papers on them at all times, they will not be subject to the more extreme laws of the nation, such as the death penalty for saying "coconut" or farting. However, if they do not have said papers, they will be subject to all the laws. In any case, they will still be subject to the laws against murder, assault etc. which are punishable by death. This allows participants a chance to avoid having to RP being subject to the extreme laws if they don't want to, while still having a chance to RP it if they wish.

Gregoryisgodistan: OOC information Gregoryisgodistan has hosted International Baseball Slam IV, Handball World Cup 12, Baptism of Iron XVI, Baptism of Iron XVII, and the Almighty Ten Conference of the NSCAA (which actually had 16 teams.) The tournaments were, for the most part, huge successes with very active participation by many participants.

Format: Currently, we are at 21 teams. I would like to go with 24, with 4 groups of 6 and the top 2 advancing to the quarterfinals. If we get up to 28, I would go with 7 groups of 4, with the top two teams in each group plus the two best third place teams advancing to the Round of 16. In either case, the group stage would be double round robin, in Gregoryisgodistan, while the knockout stage would consist of best-of-3 series, except for the championship series, which would be best of 5. The knockout stage will be seeded, with group winners getting the top seeds, followed by second place teams, and if applicable, third place teams, who will be otherwise sorted by the tiebreakers listed below. There will be no reseeding after the first round, or any later round.

Tiebreakers:

This tournament continues the format used in IBS IV, which I hosted, of not using tiebreakers to settle decisive ties between teams of the same record. Instead, there will be a one-game playoff. A decisive tie is defined as a tie that determines advancement, such as between second and third place (when the third place team would not advance), or between the second and third best third place team under the 28 team format. However, the following tiebreakers will be used for non-decisive ties, such as between first and second place teams. It will also be used to determine the nominal "home" team for the one-game playoff, but that, like the rest of the tournament, will be played in Gregoryisgodistan. Decisive tiebreakers with more than two teams, if they are needed, will follow MLB rules, and will be explained in more detail in the unlikely event they are necessary. Tiebreaker games will be held on the day between the group stage and the knockout stage. If no tiebreaker games are needed, this will be an off day.

1. Wins
2. Run Differential
3. Runs Scored
4. H2H Record
5. H2H Run Differential
6. H2H Runs scored
7. Coin flip

RP Bonus and scorination: The IBS will be scorinated with the NSFS setting on xkoronate. RP Bonus will be cumulative and there will be a maximum of 3 points per matchday, added directly to the rank, plus a maximum of 3 points roster bonus. RP Bonus for bye days, or for Game 3 of a series where the team had already swept, will be combined with the next matchday, meaning the combined RP Bonus will be counted for both days. As usual, posting multiple RPs per matchday (or one before an off day and one before the following matchday) will be treated as one, longer RP and graded accordingly. The one exception to the cumulative RP Bonus rule is that RP Bonus for the tiebreaker game(s), if any, will be counted for that day only. Quality matters more than quantity, but as usual, an RP consisting just of "We won #woohoo" will not receive much bonus. Additionally, in the event users violate another user's RP Permissions, their RP containing the violation will be graded as normal, but they will be assessed a penalty to their RP Bonus based on how extreme the violation was and whether it was a repeat violation. In extreme cases, this may result in RP Bonus being negative, but if RP Bonus+Rank is negative, it will be taken up to 0 for scorination purposes so I don't have to change the minimum. However, it will still be noted as negative in the raw data, meaning RPing again without violating RP permissions may not be sufficient to get it above 0.

Other information: I will request a third party scorinator for my knockout stage games, should I advance. Cutoff will likely be between 8 and 10 PM EST (UTC -5) so the third party scorinator(s) would need to be available at that time. If you might be interested, TG me and I'll keep you in mind, though it will depend on who is available when I need you. Also, a live draw will probably be conducted on IRC at some to be determined time and channel. More details will be announced in the event this bid wins. Finally, since I am bidding, I will need a third party to collect the host votes. If you are considering bidding, keep in mind the vote collector cannot be a bidder. TG me or contact me on IRC if interested. Additionally, I would ask the vote collector to TG all participants informing them of the vote and the options, as I have done in the past, so that more people vote and, if there is enough of a majority that no other option can overcome it no matter how many remaining voters vote for it, we can get voting done early and get on with the tournament.

One final reminder that host bidding closes in about 26 hours, or later if I can't find a vote collector until then, so if you want to bid against this, get it in now.

Edit: Saintland/Free Republics has volunteered to be vote collector, with votes sent to his puppet IesusIsGodistan. DO NOT SEND VOTES UNTIL I TELL YOU TO. VOTING IS NOT OPEN YET.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:36 am

Getting back into NS Sports. Sign up Royalsoldiers.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:50 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:Getting back into NS Sports. Sign up Royalsoldiers.

Please select a nickname and trigramme, as specified in the instructions. You have temporarily been assigned the tigramme ROS. You may change it by posting here. If you do not specify a nickname by the time a host is selected, they reserve the right to pick any one they want, however insulting.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Abidawe
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:53 pm

Abidawe Eagles (ABE)
Last edited by Abidawe on Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Region - The Commonwealth Federation
About Me
DEFCON Level: 5: Peacetime
Anglo-Abida War - VICTORY
Abida-Novaya War - VICTORY
Jongi Civil War - VICTORY
Pustoshi Civil War - VICTORY
On Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse:
Ailiailia wrote:I don't intend to survive. After six hours on General, I welcome the prospect of becoming a brainless zombie.

On Tim Tebow:
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.

Other:
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Hammer Britannia wrote:TRIGGERED, PERMA BANNED FOR CALLING ME A BOOK

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Abidawe wrote:CB Orevito (CBO) Signing Up

(Can you TG me if I get in, just in case I forget to check the forum?)

This is a tournament for national baseball teams, not club teams. If you wish to sign up your national baseball team, you may. The host will likely send out a reminder TG when the everything thread opens. If it is me, I will. I am the only candidate right now so it probably will be.

Edit: Abidawe has edited his signup and it will be added to the OP shortly, at which point signups will be up to date. Milchama and Royalsoldiers have been TG'ed and told to add a nickname. As mentioned in the OP, if they fail to do so, the host reserves the right to choose their nickname and make it as insulting as they want. This should be fun. :p
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Abidawe
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Abidawe » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Milchama and Royalsoldiers have been TG'ed and told to add a nickname. As mentioned in the OP, if they fail to do so, the host reserves the right to choose their nickname and make it as insulting as they want. This should be fun. :p

It will :rofl: :rofl:
Region - The Commonwealth Federation
About Me
DEFCON Level: 5: Peacetime
Anglo-Abida War - VICTORY
Abida-Novaya War - VICTORY
Jongi Civil War - VICTORY
Pustoshi Civil War - VICTORY
On Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse:
Ailiailia wrote:I don't intend to survive. After six hours on General, I welcome the prospect of becoming a brainless zombie.

On Tim Tebow:
Bythyrona wrote:46.5 COMPLETION PERCENTAGE IS NOT ADEQUATE. HOW ARE YOU DISPUTING THIS? HE HAS ALL THE TALENT OF RYAN LINDLEY IN THE PROS WITH A PERMANENT ESPN TARGET ON HIS BACK.

Other:
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Hammer Britannia wrote:TRIGGERED, PERMA BANNED FOR CALLING ME A BOOK

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Royalsoldiers C.B. (ROY)

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:53 pm

Royalsoldiers wrote:Royalsoldiers C.B. (ROY)

Edited in. Keep in mind this is a competition for national teams, not league clubs, but as long as this is a national team, you're OK.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Royalsoldiers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Royalsoldiers » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:
Royalsoldiers wrote:Royalsoldiers C.B. (ROY)

Edited in. Keep in mind this is a competition for national teams, not league clubs, but as long as this is a national team, you're OK.

It is

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:39 am

Host voting is now open. You have three options

1 - Vote for the bid by Gregoryisgodistan
2- Vote to Re-open bidding
3. Abstain

All votes should be telegrammed to IesusIsGodistan. Votes to any other nation will not be accepted. Only main nations are allowed to vote - puppets may not. Additionally, as I am bidding, I may not vote. Signups are still open, but any nations signing up after this point may not vote for host.

The voting deadline is Saturday, February 21 at 12:00 PM EST (UTC-5). If, before that point, one option gets enough votes that no other option can overcome it, voting shall close early and that option shall be declared the winner. Currently, there are 19 signups, excluding myself and 3 puppets. This means that if 10 votes are cast for either Gregoryisgodistan or re-open bidding before the close of voting, that option will be declared the winner immediately. A less likely scenario involves 9 votes cast for one option plus 2 written abstentions, and so on.

Once again, please TG all votes to IesusIsGodistan. Do not TG votes to me or they will not be counted.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Yayness
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Baseball slam

Postby Yayness » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:40 am

When do the games start?

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:46 am

Yayness wrote:When do the games start?

Once a host is selected, the everything thread shoud be up shortly, and the tournament will start shortly after that. Figure about 10 days from now, maybe a little more.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Garifunya
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Garifunya » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Garifunya Dolfijnen (GAR) sign up. Puppet of Nova Anglicana to be withdrawn if a new/non-puppet nation signs up.
Last edited by Garifunya on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Nova Anglicana

Frenline Delpha
Senator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Frenline Delpha » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:41 am

Does this tournament have the pitcher bat or do we use a DH?
I don't know how long I'll be back, but I just thought I'd stop in and say hi, at least.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:10 pm

Frenline Delpha wrote:Does this tournament have the pitcher bat or do we use a DH?

Up to you. When you are the home team, you get to pick whether you let the pitcher bat or use a DH. As the away team, you have to abide by the choice of the home team.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports