NATION

PASSWORD

NS Rugby Discussion Thread (v.2)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:50 am

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:In my last act as Acting NSRB President, I wanted to put forth an amended version of the NSRB Governing Document for vote by all members to approve. The amendments are minor and refer to the elimination of a World Cup for Rugby Sevens in favor of the Series cycle of tournaments. The changes have been shown in bold in the following version:

NS Rugby Board Governing Document

The NS Rugby Board (hereafter NSRB) governs the World Cups of rugby union, rugby league, and the Series of rugby sevens in NS Sports.

Membership of the NSRB and of its Union Section, League Section, or Sevens Section is granted to all nations that posted a roster in the last completed Rugby Union World Cup (RWC), Rugby League World Cup (RLWC), or Rugby Sevens Series of Tournaments, respectively. (The Rugby Sevens Series International is treated as the first R7WC.) A single player controlling two or more NSRB member nations may only vote through one of them on any given question.

The NSRB as a whole select the hosts of each RWC, RLWC, and R7 Series of Tournaments. The NSRB Sections also elect a Vice President periodically, after a cycle of three or more World Cups including at least one of each of the two types of Cups has been completed, and one cycle of NSRB sanctioned sevens tournaments. All NSRB members entered into the tournament may vote on host bids, but only the members of a Section may vote for that section's Vice President.

At the first election of all Section Vice Presidents, the Union Section VP shall be designated as NSRB President with the League Section VP as First Vice President and the Sevens Section VP as Second Vice President. At the second such election, these posts are assigned in the order League-Sevens-Union, and at the third such election Sevens-Union-League.

The President of the NSRB opens signup threads for the two World Cups and oversees selection of their hosts, (NSRB Sevens tournament sign ups are run by their respective approved hosts), organises the election of Section Vice Presidents as called for above, organises votes on properly proposed amendments to this document as stated below, and chairs the Executive Council for the resolution of emergencies.

The Vice Presidents of the NSRB take up the duties of the President in sequence, First then Second, when that officer becomes temporarily or permanently unable or unwilling to perform the above duties. Both also serve on the Executive Council for the resolution of emergencies.

NSRB members shall not vote in a host bid election or Section Vice President election where they are a candidate. The President or acting President shall appoint another NSRB member to supervise balloting when they are a candidate.

A two-thirds majority of those voting is required to approve amendments to this document, which must first be proposed and endorsed in the current rugby discussion thread by three persons who each represent a different section. All NSRB members are eligible to vote on amendments.

Votes may be submitted here to this thread by members. Should there be confusion on your current status of membership, please TG The UFF of Hutanjia for clarification, or check the previous post about President and VP elections.

Stay tuned for NSRB President and VP results after this post. Host bid for RLWC 16 will be posted momentarily in that respective sign up thread.

Don't forget this, folks. Also, don't forget to get those RLWC host bids in.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:19 pm

So, let's get the RLWC booted back up. Let's get the sevens tournaments going again. Londinium 7's. Rugby needs a serious re-boot. Yes, I get that the football WC is going right now, but that shouldn't put everything else on hold, and we've said as much before.

I wasn't about to let this account CTE. Council needs to step up and fulfill duties. Let's get to it, lads.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:45 am

NS Rugby Board Executive Council wrote:So, let's get the RLWC booted back up. Let's get the sevens tournaments going again. Londinium 7's. Rugby needs a serious re-boot. Yes, I get that the football WC is going right now, but that shouldn't put everything else on hold, and we've said as much before.

I wasn't about to let this account CTE. Council needs to step up and fulfill duties. Let's get to it, lads.

Not going to say I'm not just a touch disappointed you chose to do this. If you want to take control, you can have it. I spoke to Racao fairly recently on IRC over what the next steps should be. Just because nothing happens publicly doesn't mean it isn't happening.
Слава Україні!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:34 am

I am recruiting foreign players for my Super Rugby UNION teams. I'm going to limit it to 2 players per NS nation that I will consider. I would need as much info as you can give me about that player as they will be RP'd:

Full name:
Former Club (City and Nation name included):
Brief Bio:

DON'T POST THEM HERE! TG your submittals to me at Kenega. Thanks a bunch!

Teams are:
Burgunden Malters
Panoli Leviathans
Torino Tempest
Ciavno Carabiners
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:00 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:I am recruiting foreign players for my Super Rugby League teams. I'm going to limit it to 2 players per NS nation that I will consider. I would need as much info as you can give me about that player as they will be RP'd:

Full name:
Brief Bio:

Quick question re the "Brief Bio" thing, seeing as this sounds interesting: What do I put in it? For example, do I give a brief history of the player (like what clubs they've played for in the past)? Do I bring up their strengths or weaknesses? And do I need to include any information about their international career (since both players I'm sending are part of the national team)?

Just figured I should ask before I send them off. Also, sorry if my questions were stupid in any way, I figured I should ask them just to be safe.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Litorea
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:25 pm

Alright, alright, I'm back and ready to start doing stuff. Shame I missed Union, though.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:39 pm

Litorea wrote:Alright, alright, I'm back and ready to start doing stuff. Shame I missed Union, though.

No need to worry, mate, as signups for League are still open if you're interested.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Elejamie wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:I am recruiting foreign players for my Super Rugby League teams. I'm going to limit it to 2 players per NS nation that I will consider. I would need as much info as you can give me about that player as they will be RP'd:

Full name:
Brief Bio:

Quick question re the "Brief Bio" thing, seeing as this sounds interesting: What do I put in it? For example, do I give a brief history of the player (like what clubs they've played for in the past)? Do I bring up their strengths or weaknesses? And do I need to include any information about their international career (since both players I'm sending are part of the national team)?

Just figured I should ask before I send them off. Also, sorry if my questions were stupid in any way, I figured I should ask them just to be safe.

Nah brah. Not stupid. Totally legit. Basically all that you listed, tell me. And anything else you feel that's worth mentioning. Former clubs, strengths, number of caps, do they like cats or dogs? That one is optional, but feel free to throw it in.

Also, I realized that I didn't include the clubs to apply to:

Burgunden Malters (giant business metropolis, 14 million pop. Breweries and banks galore)
Panoli Leviathans (coastal Mediterranean style resort city and large international port)
Torino Tempest (Alpine medium sized city)
Ciavno Carabiners (another Alpine slightly larger city)

Thanks again.
My Factbook

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

Nah brah. Not stupid. Totally legit. Basically all that you listed, tell me. And anything else you feel that's worth mentioning. Former clubs, strengths, number of caps, do they like cats or dogs? That one is optional, but feel free to throw it in.

Also, I realized that I didn't include the clubs to apply to:

Burgunden Malters (giant business metropolis, 14 million pop. Breweries and banks galore)
Panoli Leviathans (coastal Mediterranean style resort city and large international port)
Torino Tempest (Alpine medium sized city)
Ciavno Carabiners (another Alpine slightly larger city)

Thanks again.

No, no, thank you for clearing it up. I'll get straight back to work on the apps now.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:14 am

I screwed up. I used the word 'League', not to describe the code but the organization. Obviously that's confusing. I meant Union code. I have edited my original post about that. Still taking foreign union players on. Thanks.
My Factbook

Litorea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:29 pm

Sure, might as well try league. Oh, and was Seasogs ever revived? If it hasn't, I might be able to give a try to do something in a similar vein.

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:28 pm

Yep! Kibera Super Rugby galore!!!!!

(Speaking as your Kibera overlord)

Litorea wrote:Sure, might as well try league. Oh, and was Seasogs ever revived? If it hasn't, I might be able to give a try to do something in a similar vein.

Seasogs unfortunately has been dead for a long while.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:25 pm

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Yep! Kibera Super Rugby galore!!!!!

Litorea wrote:Sure, might as well try league. Oh, and was Seasogs ever revived? If it hasn't, I might be able to give a try to do something in a similar vein.

Yay! Kibera Super Rugby!! Get your players in via TG to Kenega to get on one of my teams.

I have been considering reviving Seasogs, as well, but it would take some consultation with PIS to take that over. He's been a little incommunicado lately. I need to get files and rankings, etc. Also, if we ran it 3-4 X a year, with a different person taking hosting duties each time, it might not be so overwhelming. As for IRLCC (the League code version of Seasogs), I don't really care too much if that gets revived, but some might.
My Factbook

Litorea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec wrote:Yep! Kibera Super Rugby galore!!!!!

Yay! Kibera Super Rugby!! Get your players in via TG to Kenega to get on one of my teams.

I have been considering reviving Seasogs, as well, but it would take some consultation with PIS to take that over. He's been a little incommunicado lately. I need to get files and rankings, etc. Also, if we ran it 3-4 X a year, with a different person taking hosting duties each time, it might not be so overwhelming. As for IRLCC (the League code version of Seasogs), I don't really care too much if that gets revived, but some might.

Ah, well, in any case I call name and logo-making rights. ;)

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011

Postby Aquitayne » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:45 am

Hey all. Wanted to post in here that I'd like to host a Rugby 7's tournament in Aquitayne, called the Spring Sevens. It's meant to be placed in mid-May, at the height of spring, which I think is symbolic and a great time of year for the players. I'll be seeking the council of Neu Engollon, a good friend, in helping me through the hosting duties and whatnot, but I have prior experience with xscorinate and some other programs and am really excited and looking forward to seeing this come to life!

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:14 pm

Litorea wrote:Ah, well, in any case I call name and logo-making rights. ;)

For what?
My Factbook

Litorea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:11 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Litorea wrote:Ah, well, in any case I call name and logo-making rights. ;)

For what?

The Seasogs-esque revival. That is, unless you want to keep the old name, or someone else wants to.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Litorea wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:
For what?

The Seasogs-esque revival. That is, unless you want to keep the old name, or someone else wants to.

Yeah, bud. I think we'll just keep the same logos, title, rankings, etc.
My Factbook

Litorea
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Litorea » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:29 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
Litorea wrote:The Seasogs-esque revival. That is, unless you want to keep the old name, or someone else wants to.

Yeah, bud. I think we'll just keep the same logos, title, rankings, etc.

Well, if that's what you want, alright, then.

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Fri May 20, 2016 9:23 am

Hoping to get up an RP before the next scoring. Been a tough RL week.

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Wed May 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Congrats to Ko-oren. Thanks to host Racao, for this edition of the RLWC.

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Looking to get back into rugby union now that I'm coming back to the forums; is domestic rugby still a thing round here with PIS being on NS less nowadays ??
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:28 pm

The Licentian Isles wrote:Looking to get back into rugby union now that I'm coming back to the forums; is domestic rugby still a thing round here with PIS being on NS less nowadays ??

Seasogs are on hiatus indefinitely. I was thinking of taking it over from PIS, but no word yet. There is a move to bring super rugby clubs (union) to NS, but you would need to talk to Royal Kingdom of Quebec for that. I think the idea was to expand slowly at first.
My Factbook

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
The Licentian Isles wrote:Looking to get back into rugby union now that I'm coming back to the forums; is domestic rugby still a thing round here with PIS being on NS less nowadays ??

Seasogs are on hiatus indefinitely. I was thinking of taking it over from PIS, but no word yet. There is a move to bring super rugby clubs (union) to NS, but you would need to talk to Royal Kingdom of Quebec for that. I think the idea was to expand slowly at first.

Fair nuff, I'll keep updated so I can get back into that. Has there been a union WC recently or is that soon ??
Two Time Esportivan Champions

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 pm

The Licentian Isles wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

Fair nuff, I'll keep updated so I can get back into that. Has there been a union WC recently or is that soon ??

I'm pretty sure the 7s cycle is next, which means a dozen or so 7s tournaments before the next union WC. :p
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports