NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 70 - RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

"Good evening, you're watching NETV Sports 7 Update. I'm Magda Wertauer. Gerry Paseult, my usual co-host, has the night off. Tonight we again top the stories with the current edition of the World Cup, the 70th for those of you who haven't been paying attention. The Goats played in Pine Island this past match and as the last few matches should show, nothing has been predicted to be an easy win with the way the Goats have played their matches this Group stage. Luckily for us, they won another close one with another one goal squeaker, this one courtesy of forward Erich Siebech in the 75th minute. A one goal win is maybe one thing we can predict from them, with none left to spare.

Still...we are left with the Goats hanging by a thread and not doing anything dramatic to bring up the goal difference; crucial points needed to lock in that second place berth. Every bit counts and that message might not be getting through to the players on the green or in the locker room. We are in a four way race for the second place spot, with the first place firmly taken by Audioslavia. The other contenders that stand a chance of knocking us out are Ceni, Electrum and Darmen. Not just every match and every goal scored by Neu Engollon, but every win and every addition to their point total by these other teams will effect the tight ending stretch of the Group stage. The Goats need a miracle. A tough match against Ceni in Panoli can either see them taking a final, unrecoverable blow, or go on to cling on for another day.

This is it. While not the final Group match day, this is the final match for the Goats to make any effect on the outcome of this Group stage. Tomorrow is a bye for them, and no matter what happens, they can only hope, wish and wonder if the other teams will stumble, give up enough goals and take losses. As in the previous week with political events spiraling out of control in Astyria, and the Yellow Star Republic's threat to turn a good part of Astyria, including us, into a glassy wasteland...
Neu Engollon once again collectively sits holding their breath while events beyond anyone in the Confederacy's control threaten to irrevocably effect us. It is an unnerving feeling, for sure. Here's what you can do, Neu Engollians. Cheer for the Goats, cheer with all your might. Get in your cars, get on the train...Get to Panoli and make as much noise as possible on the streets outside Griffincrest Stadium. Let them know you're in their corner, thick or thin. Let's go Goats! We can do this!

Ahem...
Stay tuned for AVRU and NEHL scores. We will have more match preview and be showing it here on this station live. As always you can catch repeat, highlights and additional coverage on our sister station NETV Sports 19. Keep watching!"
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:45 pm

Own goal helps Cosumar defeat Zips Nation to stay alive in Group 15

AKRON, ZIPS NATION - The Dragons rarely had to step out of second gear during a routine 2-0 win against a lackluster Zips Nation side in Akron. A comical own goal, which went in off a defender's back, gave Cosumar the lead just seconds into the second half. The Cosumarites had to wait for Ace Newman's late tap-in to seal the victory, but Zips Nation never looked threatening like they did in their 3-1 victory over Osarius.

The Dragons are still being tipped as dark horses to make the World Cup, and this win kept their chances alive as Super-Llamaland also secured an easy victory in MD16.

Sur Arora may have been missing with a hamstring injury (not related to his previous leg break) but Farris Crowley was still able to call on the talent of Sergio Vilar, Paaron Petrov, and Anders Engström. The young substitute, Petri Hansen, whose shot was palmed against the post to set up Newman’s goal, also impressed. This team should not struggle to create chances, especially against the likes of Zips Nation.

They struggled initially, though.

It was an uninspiring first half. The most enthusiastic the crowd got was when The Wave made its rounds. It's hard to blame them - there was little on the pitch to keep their attention.

The Dragons were tight but rarely dangerous, while the Zips were only occasionally a nuisance on the counter attack. Petrov was reduced to two long-range free kicks. Both were from over 35 yards – one bounced harmlessly off the wall, the other sailed over the bar.

The best chances in the first 45 minutes fell to Zips Nation. Their striker should have done better with a free header in the 27th minute, but he pushed it wide. He later forced a good save out of Tomi Koskinen in the Cosumarite goal after a delicious cross-field pass to set him clear.

But the cringe-worthy own-goal, within a minute of the restart, knocked the air out of Zips Nation.

Set up to play defensive football, they seemed unable to change. Their three second-half substitutions were all attacking changes, but they made little difference. The Cosumarite backline has its vulnerabilities, but Vareza Na'Noni and Felix Merchison were stripping them of possession before the Zips had a chance to test it. A late counter-attack, when the score was still 1-0, petered out when only three men in gold mustered the energy to cross the halfway line.

After wasting a number of chances to double the lead, Cosumar substitute Petri Hansen broke clear into the area in the 87th minute and rolled his shot past the keeper and against the post. Newman beat his marker to tap the rebound into an empty net for his 10th goal of Qualifying.

It was a frustrating day for Sergio Vilar, who got his first start of WC70 in the wake of Arora's injury. He was active and played well, but simply could not produce a goal. He had a chance to double the lead in the 53rd after being sent clear into the area by Newman, but the keeper rushed out and got a hand on the ball.

The Levadia Narkiv striker then set up Anders Engström with a cross into the area in the 60th, but his nifty volley produced a two-handed save from the goalie. Vilar then met Petrov's corner in the 75th, but his header glanced wide.

Cosumar
15 shots (7 on-target)
58% Possession
6 corners
13 fouls, 2 yellow cards (Na'Noni 43', Vilar 50')
Zips Nation
8 shots (3 on-target)
42% Possession
2 corners
20 fouls, 1 yellow cards
Cosumar - 2
46' (o.g.)
87' (Newman)

Zips Nation - 0
No scorers

The ugly win was somewhat overshadowed by further developments in the FSF bribery scandal that has stirred up controversy around Team Cosumar since The Ramusok Journal published suspicious leaked communications last week. Multiple independent investigations confirmed that the e-mails were fake. Cosumarite authorities are now investigating whoever sent the transcripts for libel and fraud.

Farris Crowley and company received more good news when the diagnosis on star forward Sur Arora turned out to be merely a strained hamstring. Fans feared the worst when he had to be helped off the field against HorusLand, holding the same leg that he broke in gruesome fashion almost exactly two years ago. The new injury, thankfully, is unrelated to that incident. Team doctors have stated that Arora should be able to play in MD17, though he may not be back to full strength until the playoffs, should Cosumar advance that far.

Even though they took care of business against Zips Nation, the Dragons' chances of qualifying decreased today. Super-Llamaland also took care of business, routing The Greater Vakolicci Haven 6-2. A slip-up by the Tigers would've been a boon for Cosumar, but it was not to be. Bogdan Antonescu's side remains a full four points ahead of Cosumar with two MDs to go.

In MD17, Super-Llamaland will take on Group 15 leaders Osarius, while Cosumar will welcome the Vakolicci to Leviathan Arena. In MD18, Cosumar will conclude their campaign at Mount Crown Stadium in Osarius while Super-Llamaland sits out with a bye. Let's take a look at the possible scenarios that could play out.

• If Cosumar loses to Greater Vakolicci Haven or Osarius, they will be eliminated from the World Cup regardless of what Super-Llamaland does. Likely.
• If Super-Llamaland defeats Osarius, Cosumar must also defeat Osarius to advance. Tigers and Dragons would move ahead and leave the Firebirds in the cold. Unlikely.
• If Super-Llamaland ties Osarius, the Dragons must win against both the Vakolicci AND Osarius. Super-Llamaland would be left out.
• If Super-Llamaland loses to Osarius and Cosumar ties the Vakolicci, Cosumar must win against Osarius. Super-Llamaland would be left out.
• If Super-Llamaland loses to Osarius and Cosumar defeats the Vakolicci, Cosumar still must win against Osarius. A draw would place us even on points with Super-Llamaland, but the Tigers would advance on total wins (11 to 10) in the tiebreaker.

As you can see, a very unlikely sequence of events will have to play out for the Dragons' dreams to come true. Cosumar cannot qualify unless they defeat Osarius. They can tie against The Greater Vakolicci Haven and still be alive, but their path to the World Cup must unfortunately go through Mount Crown Stadium. But this is the NS World Cup, where strange occurrences are a law and results are ruled by the fickle whims of Goddess Margaret.

Do not lose hope just yet, Cosumar!

Thank you for reading The Cosumarite Courier's exclusive World Cup 70 Coverage. Follow us on Twitter @TheCourier or subscribe to our website (TheCourier.cos) to receive daily updates and analysis of Cosumar's progress in the tournament.

Wally Vanderjagt
Staff Writer

Cosumar's World Cup 70 Journey
Pre-Qual Friendly: Star United States 0-0 Cosumar
Pre-Qual Friendly: Cosumar 2-1 San Jose Guayabal
Pre-Qual Friendly: Equestrian States 1-0 Cosumar
Matchday 1: Super-Llamaland 4-3 Cosumar
Matchday 2: Bye
Matchday 3: Cosumar 4-0 Dracum
Matchday 4: Ancharmunn 4-4 Cosumar
Matchday 5: Cosumar 1-1 Peruvian Highlands
Matchday 6: HorusLand 2-4 Cosumar
Matchday 7: Cosumar 4-0 Zips Nation
Matchday 8: The Greater Vakolicci Haven 3-6 Cosumar
Matchday 9: Cosumar 2-4 Osarius
Mid-Qual Friendly: Walamzia 1-5 Cosumar
Matchday 10: Cosumar 4-2 Super-Llamaland
Matchday 11: Bye
Matchday 12: Dracum 2-3 Cosumar
Matchday 13: Cosumar 4-1 Ancharmunn
Matchday 14: Peruvian Highlands 1-5 Cosumar
Matchday 15: Cosumar 3-3 HorusLand
Matchday 16: Zips Nation 0-2 Cosumar
Matchday 17: Cosumar vs. The Greater Vakolicci Haven (@ Leviathan Arena, Kaldukosic, Cosumar)
Matchday 18: Osarius vs. Cosumar
Blue: Draw
Green: Victory
Red: Defeat

Cosumar Goal-Scorers Tally (49 GF)
Sur Arora (16)
Ace Newman (10)
Anders Engström (7)
Paaron Petrov (5)
Kirum Mortonsson (3)
Jon-Perohlin Nodtveit (2)
Jukka Lindroos (1)
Felix Merchison (1)
Dean Harold McSaunders (1)
Tae Woo Miyori (1)
Sergio Vilar (1)

Cosumar Assists Tally
Anders Engström (8)
Ace Newman (6)
Felix Merchison (4)
Paaron Petrov (4)
Vareza Na'Noni (4)
Sur Arora (4)
Tae Woo Miyori (2)
Sergio Vilar (2)
Petri Hansen (2)
Tomi Koskinen (1)
Last edited by Cosumar on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:46 pm

It was one of those moments in sport, when time itself seemed to slow. Cristiano Damían’s run down the right went unchecked by the Valladar defence, enabling him to loft a deep cross into the penalty area. That was the moment, with the match deadlocked at two goals apiece, when the passage of time began to stall.

Fans on both sides of the divide were caught mid-way between sitting and standing as the packed crowd in Metropolis processed the danger of the move. At pitch side both coaches slowly prowled the edge of their technical areas, necks craned to take in the action taking place at one end. Players seemed to wade through treacle, defenders and attackers tangled and jostled for space as they rose in various attempts to meet the ball.

Thousands of miles to the north west a collective breath was sucked in throughout bars, clubs and pubs across the nation. In homes and workplaces, in Soluca, Maturín and Jucaro. In Ibarra and Puerto Rosarío and Dunas. For the briefest of moments a nation of billions ground to an almost complete halt. Dramatic, no?

It was Stefano Bustos whose head met the cross, neck muscles straining as he steered the ball back across the stranded keeper and into the back of the net to cause that stalled moment to end in a veritable explosion of noise. Cheers sounded from the Sargossan end while jeers and boos from the home support were echoed on the pitch where the recriminations began among the Los Gones’ defence. The coach punched the air, the bench emptied behind him and the scenes of celebration rolled out across the entire Sargossan archipelago. Just like the goal that sealed the win over Gregoryisgodistan in Soluca that Burgos strike had the distinct ring of significance. Three points gained from the group's toughest match saw Sargossa remain in that coveted playoff spot with fixtures evaporating rapidly.

And it was in that aforementioned grotty corner of far off Esportiva that Burgos’ goal had similar resonance, the Sargossan win coupled with the ‘Godistanis disappointing draw with Wolfbenz serve to dump the Foot Slaves clean out of contention . But surprise package Furellum remain annoyingly in the hunt, still just a single point behind the Corsairs. Next up Sargossa host Wolfbenz while Valladares travel to Furellum in a tie that could have all kinds of conatations at the top of Group 2.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

P5

Postby Star United States » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Notes: Chapter 2 runs conjointly with Chapter 2.5.

Chapter 2.5 - Part 5
Exert from Part 4
I plopped myself onto the couch, and I fell asleep. My brother woke me up. He made lunch. While eating, I exposed my idea about going to the islands. He thought about. We do have a problem though. Between us and the islands, there is continent and an ocean.

My brother and I sat down at the dinning table with a large map of Esportiva and planned our trip. We made three possible routes.

Part 5

It took me a while to write everything that's happen in the past weeks or so. Time was lost in the void. We got our plan. I have decided to not write it down, just in case if we are to get caught. We are planning to leave tomorrow morning. Hopefully.

I stepped onto my balcony today, I don;t think I've been in outside for a while. It was a bad day,weather-wise to be outside but, was a rather calm day, which is rather queer. This rather unusual gust was blowing through the city. It was just odd. The city was too quiet to be real. The skies were grey, and seemed to be aching to cry. Everything was just not right.

I fear for what is to come. Today seems better than yesterday but, the ruins the pattern. What will tomorrow bring? The future brings fear to my heart. I don't know what is certain. I cannot be sure of my safety, or of my brothers. Can I be sure of anything? I'm unaware.

Today was not typical day in this house. We started packing. We packed food and anything else we would need. My dad has a safe in his room, and we had never dared to touch it because it was his. It was time to open it. I stood in front of this black and grey square on the wall, after removing the for covering it. DNA rocks! That's how I opened it. Odd. I would've gotten a regular combination one. We took the money but, I don't think it'll be useful. Better safe than sorry.

We got all the light-weighted food we could find and stacked it on our dinning table. We had almost every type of food I could think off, from small cans of pineapple to large containers of cereal. I don't remember having so much food last time I checked, which was like sometime ago that I don't remember. We emptied out the pantry, and the drawers. Everything edible was on, or around, the dinning room table.

We won't be able to take all of it. We'll have to be selective of it, since we will not be able to physically carry it.

The daylight flew. Before I knew it, it was dark outside. I, again, went onto the balcony. Everyone's lights were off, new policy of the government, I guess. I stared into the vast darkness that reign over the still city, like a monster coming through and eradicating the light and life of the city. There still was this perception there was early in the air. This tension. It seemed like the atmosphere was just deciding to crush over City of Star. Something is up, and I don't like it.

Anyway, my brother and I have decided to stay in the living room and watch movies. Something different. He's actually taking a little more, which I consider a victory. I'm not alone anymore.

To be continued...

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:22 pm

Same Taste of sunshine!
Overall good game

United States of Devonta 0-0 Jecatria

United States of Devonta (4-4-2 Diamond): Cooper, Brooks, Benton, Kindred, Liam, Russell, Abdullah, Edwards, Owens, Johansen, Adams

Quick Stats:
49% Possessions, 11 Shots, 8 on goal
51% Possessions, 9 Shots, 6 on goal

Scores:
----NONE----
-----NONE----

CAUTIONED: ----NONE----
EJECTED: --NONE--

Table:
  Group 19                                Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 The Holy Empire 14 13 0 1 43 22 +21 39
2 Boring Paradise 15 9 2 4 42 36 +6 29
3 The Royal Barangay 14 9 1 4 37 24 +13 28
4 Jecatria 14 7 4 3 29 23 +6 25

5 New North Aqmuland 14 6 3 5 36 30 +6 21
6 United States of Devonta 14 4 2 8 15 21 −6 14
7 Dainer 14 3 4 7 18 26 −8 13
8 Sarrbia 15 2 3 10 14 30 −16 9
9 Schutzenphalia & West Ruhntuhnkuhnland 14 0 3 11 13 35 −22 3
Last edited by United States of Devonta on Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Two Must-Win Matches Await Tir Snakes
Can Ceni Make the Playoffs?
Ceni has two matches to play before the World Cup qualifying campaign is over, and both are must-wins for the Tir Snakes as they are currently in contention for their first-ever playoff spot. Group 9 is neck-and-neck; Electrum, with 28 points; Darmen, with 25; and Neu Engollon, with 26; are also in contention for the one and only playoff spot, with Audioslavia, the reigning world number one, clinching the group, maintaining an unbeaten 11-3-0 record and 36 points. We analyze Ceni's chances of doing what is still being seen as impossible: reaching the playoffs.

With the group being as close as it is, any momentary lapse could spell the end of a nation's qualifying dream. Neu Engollon must win against the Tir Snakes today in order to have a chance at qualifying, as they have a last-day bye, surely a death sentence for them as they must painfully agonize over whether they or someone else can make it. Darmen, Electrum, and Ceni all have two matches left, with Ceni playing Neu Engollon and Electrum. For Ceni to be able to make the playoff spot, it must do one of two things: draw Neu Engollon and beat Electrum, or defeat Neu Engollon and defeat Electrum. Even those scenarios have their if's, and's, and but's. For the first scenario to work, Electrum must either lose or draw against Pine Island.

If Electrum loses against Pine Island and we get at least a point from Neu Engollon, then it's that much safer for Ceni's odds-makers. If Electrum wins against Pine Island, though, Ceni must defeat Neu Engollon in order to have a chance at making the playoffs. Whichever option happens, though, the match against Electrum will probably be the end-all-be-all for both teams. If Electrum wins, it will make the playoffs; if Ceni wins by 2-1 or 1-0, the score will be tied on head-to-head aggregate and advance to goal differential, of which Electrum leads, +15 to +7. Any other result of the win - 2-0, 3-0, or more - will have Ceni making that playoff spot, if Ceni gets at least one point out of the Neu Engollon match. In short, it's an extremely complicated guessing game to determine who will make the playoff spot in a group this close.

What the bookmakers have in common, though, is that Ceni has long odds to make the playoffs. Ceni lost against both Electrum and Neu Engollon in the first half of qualifying, and Neu Engollon is ranked 36th, much higher than Ceni's rank. Furthermore, Neu Engollon will be playing at home; playing away will make it all the more harder for the Tir Snakes to be able to make the playoff spot. New Cenian manager Osman Ibarra didn't have much of a rosy outlook, either; in a press conference after Ceni's win against Pine Island, he was quoted as saying "Teams like Neu Engollon are difficult to beat because they have a highly analytic style of play." However, he had some advice for fighting off the clouds and demons in Ceni's outlook. "We need to keep control of the ball, we need to play carefully. Highly precise counterattacks will contribute to a good offense."

Unfortunately, the advice to be careful may hit far from the mark. Since both of their next matches are of such importance, nerves are running higher than ever. The team will be jittery, anxious, on edge, not the adjectives one would use to describe a team that needs to be careful. What the team needs is to calm down and take a few breaths before this match - even if Ceni doesn't make the playoff spot, they will be the most successful team in Cenian football history, hopefully setting the stage for a break-through run in World Cup 71. Whatever the result of this World Cup, fans in Ceni will be wanting more, and maybe the chronically underfunded football program will go one step further in its quest for the World Cup. Of course, the playoffs might do so even more - but close but not quite there might be the best argument to improve something. Good luck to the Tir Snakes, and may the Force be with them.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Super-Llamaland
Senator

Founded: Jan 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Super-Llamaland » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:26 pm

They hadn't expected to be down two after twenty-five minutes. The Vakolics had scrapped hard and made Super-Llamaland work for every inch, which they often denied anyway, and both times they had finally pushed enough so that any Llamanean mistake on the defensive effort would result in those deadly, looping runs their plucky opponents were capable of. And the Tigers did not have an error-free defense.

So when their striker had slipped by Ryan Reagan and slammed his third shot of the day past Jared Finch, the crowd was ready for Bogdan Antonlescu's head. As the opposing manager had intended, he knew. Rile them up and they won't play well, that'll mask up your players' inevitable fatigue.

It was an interesting strategy, and as Bogdan watched the Vakolics park the bus effectively, to his panicked players' chagrin, after twenty-five minutes, he realized it was working and he had no way to stop it. Besides, of course, to tell his players to stop panicking. But it was a must-win game if they wanted to qualify to the playoffs, so what did he expect?

The banteng cow lay down sullenly on the sidelines. The suit he was wearing made his skin itch, and he would take it off as soon as he left. The practice of wearing suits didn't appeal to him, to be honest - with the fabric designed for human skin alone, it was never comfortable and made him look ridiculous. But there were more pressing concerns. Alex Cartwright managed to slap a long shot in from the left box - a foolish, lucky, misguided shot, but a goal nonetheless, but still went into the half down by one.

Bogdan didn't have much to tell them. He simply subbed in a few players to retool his front line - Nilssen and Cartwright in the front, Masters and Ford behind. The same selfish strategy of taking the best attackers that had blown up on Bryan Ferguson, but Ferguson hadn't had this halfback pairing of Player and Sturgeon. He could only hope it worked, because if it didn't, his job would be on the line.

Nilssen struck first, pouncing on a loose ball, the byproduct of a slapped-away Anthony Player long ball, and nearly ripping the net with his spinning retort. Six minutes later, the brilliant Alex Cartwright found a gap and an open header and scored accordingly, and the Tigers had the lead.

it didn't stop there, of course. Peter Masters took an axe to the Vakolics with an incisive run, then, instead of passing off like any sane person would do, stopped, turned and used his left to flick a shot by the stunned keeper. Eighteen minutes into the half, and they were up four-two. And when Alex Ford practically ran into a poor clearance by the left-back, the scoreboard changed to five-two before the midfielder's shot even went in. Three minutes later, the Tigers were granted a PK, and Cartwright sent it into the left corner to make the score six-two and seal his hat-trick nearly four years after his last one, at Costa de Ouro.

An utter rout. Bogdan grinned as Cartwright's shot flew by the goalie. The Tigers now controlled their own destiny. Any points against Osarius would clinch their path to the playoff, and barring that, all they had to do was hope that Cosumar wouldn't steal points on the road from the Firebirds...
The Eighth Llamanean Republic
Capital: New Llama City, Population: ~56,000,000
5x World Baseball Classic champion (28, 30, 31, 40, 42)
Yue Zhou • Savigliane

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:06 pm

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Eagles Come From Behind

The Blouman Eagles won their fourth game in a row as they came back from behind to beat French Louisana 2-1. The win pushed the Eagles into second spot as Brenecia beat Apox as World Cup qualification gets ever closer.

French Lousiana were quick to take the lead scoring a goal after 5 minutes tapping it in from close range after an error from Thomas Brown. Milton Tuneson had just managed to save the initial shot getting his hands to it and while Brown tried to clear it a mishit sent it right in front of the stirker who only had to put a foot on it and direct it goalward. The goal was the first conceded by the usually resilient Blouman defence in four games when they drew 1-1 with Apox. The Eagles unhappy having gown down started to push forward as both Blaine Cooperson and Kane Ancap took chances pull the goal back. Cooperson received a low cross from Dylan Easton but his shot went wayward while Ancap was on target the French Lousiana keeper secured the ball in his hands. The equalising goal came in the 30th minute thanks to a free kick from Steven Mallard. The free kick was given after a late tackle was placed on Ancap 25 yards out from goal, Mallard sent the ball over the wall and into the far top corner with the keeper unable to get his hands to it. Just before half time Cooperson had to be stretched off after a hard challenge from a French Lousianan defender appeared to aggravate his hamstring that had been injured in the previous match against Brenecia. French Louisana almost took the lead from half time after a through ball sent the striker his chance for a second placing it past Tuneson but the linesman had raised his flag.

The Eagles looked the better side during the second half as they worked the ball around and maintained possession though their creation of chances was hindered by a pressing opposition. Ancap was given a great opportunity when he was sent through from Mallard but was foiled by the keeper who rushed out and dived at his feet. Only a few minutes later it was Kane Harrison’s turn to break the deadlock but his attempt rebounded off the post. Tuneson was left largely untroubled during the second half although he was called on twice, French Lousiana put on a counter attack after a corner, their striker finding his way clear went one on one with Tuneson but Tuneson managed to divert the ball around the post. Later Tuneson again parried the ball over the cross bar to stop after the striker’s dipping half-volley. The French Lousianan keeper nearly conceded a penalty when he rushed out to beat Ancap to the ball over the top and got there just ahead of Ancap. It wasn’t until the 80th minute that the Eagles got their winning goal when Easton managed to break down to the left and gave an inside pass to Harrison after beating his defender he cut it back for an oncoming Mallard who blasted the ball into the net, giving the Eagles the lead and the win.

Blouman manager Logan October admitted he was nervous during the game “When we went down I was getting stressed, it got a bit better when we levelled but I was tense right up until the final whistle”. While the game was tight the win has pushed the Eagles into second spot still only a point behind Brenecia who beat Apox 3-1 who has slided down to fourth after Quakmybush defeated Queer Poco 1-0. The Eagles will next be facing Fellow Citizens for their final home game of the qualifiers with the team needing to win these two games to ensure they go through to the playoffs they will hoping that Brenecia slip up to give them a chance. Captain Hamish Alpin would not be drawn into hypotecticals simply telling the media that the team was only focused on winning their two games and they weren’t concerning themselves with the others. Brenecia will next play Queer Poco who is unable to win the group but still in reach of a playoff spot should results fall their way. Meanwhile Apox play French Lousiana who played out to a draw the first time the two sides met while Quakmybush has the bye.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:51 pm

Georgina Carsley is in a strange position, going into her second match in charge of the Osarian national team. A win would guarantee the Firebirds will be in the World Cup finals -- something that is still not assured, with their two closest rivals for qualification yet to play -- but she refuses to let the pressure get to her.

"The guys have beaten both teams already. No reason they can't do it again, just need to stay focused." Carsley said. It is under odd circumstances that she finds herself in charge, following the three game suspension levelled at Jermain Lewis as a result of his tirade during the shock defeat in Zips Nation. The former Greeningham fan favourite has shown a degree of tactical awareness that leaves nobody in any doubt that Lewis chose a good assistant.

"He's not left instructions, no" Carsley revealed of Lewis. "I doubt he would think I need them, if I'm honest. We very nearly turned it around against Zips Nation with me in charge, and the team was convincing last time out. I don't understand why anyone is even asking questions." If her tone betrayed a hint of anger, it would be completely understandable.

The Greater Vakolicci Haven would understand, too. They paid a visit to Mount Crown Stadium, where Osarius maintained their impressive record of scoring in every game, and not losing once since Jermain Lewis took over. Even with Fletcher and Doherty suspended, the Firebirds were able to convincingly win by four, Marco Puntoriero netting a hat-trick in the absence of Ezio Grassi, who was rested as a precaution following a scare in training.

"Marco is a great striker, he'll score if we can get him chances." Roque Acosta said after the game. When asked how the young Firewood striker compares to Ezio Grassi, Acosta laughed. "You can't ask me that."

It's going to be a question heard a lot in the coming months, probably. Puntoriero is considered to be the long-term replacement for Grassi, who will be entering the twilight of his career soon. Both Carsley and Lewis think the youngster has some way to go, but neither has been hesitant to give him the responsibility of leading the Osarius offense over the past year or so. You'd forgive Puntoriero fod having stock responses by now. "Oh, Ezio is not human." He says when we mention it. "He is the benchmark. He is the level we all try to get to."

Some have questioned how Osarius have needed it to come down to the last two games of qualifying to sew up a finals berth, suggesting that Lewis' side failed to close out certain games. "A weakness that won't see them lift the World Cup next summer." As Michael Henderson put it. Of course, the reason isn't a failure on the part of the Firebirds.

"It's been a very competitive group from the start," Henderson added, "we always knew both Cosumar and Super-Llamaland could push the Firebirds." Tomorrow could be seen as the first game of a double elimination bracket final. A win, and they get the prize. A loss and they have one more chance against Cosumar. Despite the quality they will face in Super-Llamaland, the smart money is still on Osarius, though.

"I'm no easier to please than Jermain." Carsley explained, with the slightest hint of a smile. "They know this. We're all pretty cheesed off about that undefeated streak ending, too. So this is a chance to start a new one." The defeat to Zips Nation ended a twenty-three game unbeaten run for the Firebirds, a national team record, though before the game, Jermain Lewis had speculated that the run may have extended to thirty. "We talk about that kind of thing, just, you know... I guess we're setting targets." Ambitious ones, clearly.
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Chiata Times
Final Push

Chiata has climbed up from the depths of defeat and have somehow landed back onto second place in the group. Now, the Suns actually defended the spot and came away with another win. Of course, this game was overshadowed by the game versus Polar Islandstates, bu there will be more on that later. For now, let us applaud a good victory for Chiata.

Chiata would get to kick first to start off the match. Mangolana was already eliminated and the crowd was less than half full at Commander's Stadium. It was yet to be seen if Howard and his team would keep up their best form in their waining time in qualifying. However, it became clear that Mangolana would not go down without a fight and had all their starters in. As usual, Ringer-Toso started the game with a small pass to Swade. Swade hit the ball across the pitch to McGreen who was in for the injured Rickers. McGreen achieved in getting the ball pass midfield and fiddled around with the ball as he waited for more players to get into the other half of the pitch. Bungle made a challenge on the ball but was tripped up, sending McGreen sprinting up field. Hart and Clucke came in for help and forced McGreen to dump the ball over to Swade. Hanks smashed in and wrestled the ball away from Swade. Hanks darted towards the goal and broke past Smith. Hanks reared back for a shot. Just a little to slow, though, as Chriss slid in and the ball zipped out and Hanks kicked only air. Hanks tripped over Chriss, but no foul was given as Chriss had only hit the ball. The jumbled Smith, who had just been beaten earlier collected the ball and turned up field. Mangolana covered the attackers and forced Smith to go onto the other side of the pitch. With Hanks hot on his heels, Smith had to keep on running deeper and deeper into Mangolana territory. Showers and Sutil set a trap in front of Smith. However, Smith somehow poked the ball through and even got himself past the two defenders. He took a few steps, sized up the situation and hit the ball directly at the goal at an angle. Moses reacted to the shot and aimed to catch it. The ball rolled off his gloves and into the goal.

Coach Howard was furious at the result. He didn't pull out Moses because Roshid was much too inexperienced. However, he did take out Marks and put in Phillips. Chriss aggravated his leg on the slide and was taken out and replaced by Raymond. Mangolana made a counterattack headed by Bungle but it was stopped by the Suns' wall. As quick as the game had started, it slowed down and Chiata set into defensive mode. Tyler got a shot to ring off the crossbar, but that is all it amounted too. Moses won back some trust by saving a few shots that would have gone in. However, it was not enough to stop the Suns from slipping into the goal. This time, the goal would be courtesy of Willis, with Ringer-Toso poking the ball htrough a horde of defenders to an open Willis in the box. Mangolana screamed for an offsides but it was too close to call and the ruling stayed the same.

The last few minutes saw nothing of note and Mangolana dragged themselves to the locker room as Chiata cheerfully jogged their way past the booing fans. Adjustments were made and the teams came roaring out to meet the opposition for the second half of 90 minutes. For Mangolana, this meant Exavier in, Showers out. Fillmont took out Ringer-Toso so he wouldn't get injured and replaced him with Stewart. Mangolana was eager to get some points back and came out of the half with a bang. They had a few quick shots that almost went in but were superbly saved by Stewert. McGreen lost his temper and was shown the yellow card before things got to rough. Strangely, McGreen and Sutil had been out for each other the entire game and the officials had only noticed one of them now. If any momentum was lost in the foul, Swade won it back just a few minutes later. He tripped up Bungle and was off like lightning. The defense barely had time to react and rushed to the left side of the pitch. With all defenders on full tilt, Swade made an ankle-breaking cutback. For a split second there was a lane open and he took the shot faster than a blink of the eye. The shot nicked off of Moses and bounced in. Mangolana had no time to react and had barely any idea what had just happened. They looked at the scoreboard and realized it was 3-0.

Emotion began to poor out into the game. Mangolana was in it for national pride. They had already slipped far in the rankings and been eliminated a few matchdays ago. Chiata was attempting to seize a playoff spot after many terrible games. Soon McGreen and and Sutil were at it again. This time, Sutil was caught in the act and handed the yellow card. This only heightened the tension between the two teams. Fillmont told the squad to hold back and ride the game out. However, Mangolana continued to come out biting for a chance to prove their worth. The game grew ever rougher. Out of fear of injury, Fillmont took out Swade and put in Seal. Mangolana made attempt after attempt at the goal but were stopped short every time. Whether it was broken up and cleared by the defense, a well timed save by Stewert, or a plain bad shot, the result was the same. Mangolana grew ever more frustrated. Finally, at the 83rd minute, Sutil lost his temper again and blatantly ran into McGreen. McGreen popped right back into his face but the official ran in and broke it out. With two carded players fighting, this can't end well. The official took the initiative to give both players a yellow card. Each player now had two yellows which turned into a red. Both players were ejected and made the final few minutes and 10 v 10 match.

Group Six - Matchday Sixteen
Mangolana 0–3 Chiata
Kernansquillec 4–1 Beauce
Absurdly Polite Gentlemen 1–3 Gregory Llama Land
Kandorith 3–0 Friday Freshman

Group 6                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
1 Polar Islandstates 14 12 2 0 37 9 +28 38
2 Chiata 15 8 4 3 34 12 +22 28
3 Kandorith 15 8 4 3 44 24 +20 28
4 Kernansquillec 14 7 3 4 30 32 −2 24
5 Gregory Llama Land 14 6 2 6 32 39 −7 20
6 Absurdly Polite Gentlemen 14 6 0 8 22 27 −5 18
7 Mangolana 14 4 4 6 24 37 −13 16
8 Beauce 14 2 1 11 16 33 −17 7
9 Friday Freshman 14 0 2 12 12 38 −26 2

As the last few game have been, the last away game for Chiata was a must win and the Suns actually delivered for once. Gregory Llama Land, Absurdly Polite Gentlemen, Mangolana, Beauce, and Friday Freshmand, four of which we have lost points too, are all out of contention. We have shaken Kernansquillec off our tails who are now on the brink of a likely elimination. Polar Islandstates already has tickets to the World Cup Proper and Chiata and Kandorith are dooking it out for a playoff spot. And at the most opportune moment, Chiata gets to play number three in the world Polar Islandstates. However, we are at home (not sure if that is a good thing) and tickets were sold out for Gulf Stadium shortly after the last home game. Last time around, PIS only one by a single goal. If the score could be reversed because of home field advantage, Chiata might actually have a fighting chance. So we call thee to go out and support your nation as the Chiata Suns give one last gasp at qualification. Cross fingers, bring your rabbit ears, and for goodness sake, don't bring any black cats into the stadium.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

Crystal Ponies
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Crystal Ponies » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Not good enough.

Shining Armor stood on the touchline, watching his team's desperate attempts to claim a consolation goal from their match against the "Cannons" of Jeru FC. The unicorn sighed as Esmeralda's weak shot was stopped dead in its tracks by an opposing defender and cleared back towards the midfield.

Another loss.

Everything had been going so well for the Crystal Knights earlier in the campaign. Second place, three points clear of the Calanians, coming off a solid away victory over Aestate. It seemed that the Crystal Empire might reach the playoffs for the first time ever, and his players were performing their best since the Baptism of Fire several years ago. Nothing could stop the Crystal Ponies' quest for World Cup glory.

Then it'd all gone wrong.

The match against Britonisea had been an unmitigated disaster as the Crystal Knights found themselves on the wrong end of almost every decision by the referee and suffered injuries to both Sapphire Rose and Crystal Arrow in the process thanks to reckless tackles by their opponents who seemed determined to break the legs of every crystal pony on the pitch. Despite being reduced to nine players, the Knights held strong and had nearly escaped the nightmare fixture with a draw before a last-minute free kick from distance denied them a point.

Shining Armor glanced at the clock. It won't be long now.

His players' expressions betrayed their feelings. Deflated, disappointed, frustrated, and for a couple of the younger ones: on the verge of tears.

What a cruel game this is. To build up the hopes of a nation only to bring reality crashing down on their backs and snuff out their dreams.

The referee took a look at his watch, lifted his whistle to his lips, and ended the match with the shrill blasts that the Crystalline supporters in the crowd has been dreading.

Shining Armor slowly trotted over to his Jeruselemite counterpart, half-heartedly shook her hand with his hoof, and continued towards the tunnel.

Only two matches left now: Dawnhaven and The Calanian Union. I suppose we're still in it, but the way we're playing we'll be trampled in the playoffs even if we can make it that far. And with the form we've shown lately, even a Cup of Harmony berth seems to be slipping out of reach.

Not good enough. We're just not good enough.

But how do we even fix that?
The Crystal Empire of Equestria
Capital: Crystopolis | Demonym: Crystalline | Trigramme: CRY
KPB Ranking (Pre-WC68): 106th (8.16 pts.)
NSwiki | MLP Wikia | Factbook

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Somewhere in Taeshan

Eighty-fourth minute, scoreless. Chris Hodges received the pass from Emmanuel Moga. One-on-one with the Taeshani keeper. The next thing he knew, in a whirl of light and sound, he was lying face up on the ground and his left leg ached. Everything seemed eerily quiet until Kyle Fleming appeared above him and broke the silence, "Hey, man. Are you okay? That was pretty vicious."

Hodges looked at his leg. "Shit! It's bleeding. Help me wipe it off before the ref notices."

As Hodges and Fleming took care of the bleeding with some "pitch medicine", the Felixian referee showed the Taeshani defender responsible for the offense a red card and pointed to the penalty spot.

There was a short conference between Hodges, Fleming, Pelletier, and Moga, but in the end it was Hodges' eloquent "I'm the one who got taken down, I'll be the one to take that f***in' kick" that carried the day.

He stepped up to the penalty spot and placed the ball down, then stood over it. The roaring of the crowd had subsided, and the stadium was almost silent, save for the few Taeshani fans trying to rattle him and the Lions supporters trying to get them to shut up. He walked back to the edge of the eighteen-yard box. He took a deep breath, then started his approach. There was no time to think. If he thought too much about it, he'd psych himself out. He brought his right leg back as if to send it to the left, saw the small, quick movement that denoted the goalie had committed, then ever so slightly adjusted to the right and sent the ball flying into the back of the net. Goal. 1-0 Lions.

Qualification Possibilities For Each Team

Eura

Eura have got the best chance of anyone in the group to move on. They are tied atop Group 14 with Isula ĝe Ru at 29 points. Fortunately for the Eurans, they control their own destiny. They have a game in hand over the Isulans and face them on the final matchday. They won't be relying on anyone else. Their second to last game is against New Ecopia, almost an assured victory. If we give them the three points, then they will be at 32 with 15 games played, at least two points ahead of anyone else. If they get the win over New Ecopia, a draw with the Isulans would be enough to guarantee them advancement to a playoff. A win would put them straight through to the WC, but with a draw and Nova Anglicana finishing with two wins, they and the Lions would be tied at 33 points. The Eurans would have a better GD and rank, but the Lions would hold the H2H tiebreaker.

For Eura, it's simple. Win out and you go to the World Cup. Win and a draw, and you're at least in a playoff. Two draws and they're probably going to a playoff instead of the WC. A draw and a loss, and they likely miss out. Two losses would be catastrophic.

Isula ĝe Ru

The BoF winners are on the verge of qualification in their first cycle. Unfortunately, the Isulans will have to sit and watch on MD17, hoping that Eura and Nova Anglicana stumble against New Ecopia and Friskney Eaudyke, respectively. That is not a likely proposition. The Isulans have one game left, at Eura. They need to win that game to have a realistic chance of advancement. A win would put them at thirty-two points and probably tied with Eura. The H2H tiebreaker would be split, but Eura would have a better goal differential. It would depend on the performance of Nova Anglicana. The Isulans would need the Lions to earn no better than four points against Friskney and Western Borderlands in order to advance on thirty-two points. A draw with Eura and they are likely out.

If Eura and Nova Anglicana win on MD17: Isula ĝe Ru needs to win against Eura and have Nova Anglicana draw or lose to Western Borderlands to make a playoff
If Eura, but not Nova Anglicana wins on MD17: Isula ĝe Ru advances with a draw and a Nova Anglicana draw or loss or advances outright to a playoff with a win, regardless of Nova Anglican performance
If Nova Anglicana, but not Eura wins on MD17: Isula ĝe Ru advances to a playoff with a win and a Nova Anglicana win, and advances to the WC with a win and a Nova Anglicana loss or draw. They cannot advance with a draw (lose tiebreaker w/Eura).
If Nova Anglicana and Eura draw on MD17: Isula ĝe Ru advances with a win, or a draw and a Nova Anglicana draw or loss

Nova Anglicana

The Lions have an advantageous last two games, facing the nations ranked 281st and 318th in the world. Unfortunately, they only managed four points against these two sides last time. Two wins will at least get them to the playoffs, while a win and a draw get them to the playoffs if Eura beats or draws Isula ĝe Ru (and Jeckland draws or loses one of its remaining games). Two draws would only advance them if Eura defeats Isula ĝe Ru. Anything less than two points sinks their hopes. Of course, if they do qualify, they would likely have to play another high-ranked side in a playoff, which is no sure thing for qualification.

Jeckland and Taeshan

These two need to win out and a lot of help to have any hope of advancing. Taeshan visits Western Borderlands (sitting at 2-3-9) and hosts Kinitaria (a major disappointment for the #27 team, with a record of 5-5-4) while Jeckland visits Kinitaria and hosts New Ecopia. Kinitaria will be a tough opponent for both of them, but if they can earn the victory there, they'll have a decent shot at qualification. If Nova Anglicana finish with 31 points (win and draw last two), then Jeckland can knock them out with two wins, while Taeshan will have no such luck. If the Lions win out, then Jeckland and Taeshan have to hope that Eura and Isula ĝe Ru draw and that the tiebreakers are in their favor. It's not impossible for either of these sides, but it's certainly unlikely.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Kazamatsuri
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kazamatsuri » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Two points out of a playoff spot ain't a bad position to be in, right?

Following the latest Kazamatsurian point-dropping exercise, in which the Wolves threw away a one-goal lead to draw against Milchama at the death in a match they dominated, Kazamatsuri were now two points off Hicaña, two points away from that coveted spot; with a single game in hand and the possibility of gaining a one point lead on their fellow challengers. It didn't look bad on paper, not in the least, not even when one perused one's copy of the fixture list and found out that Kazamatsuri had yet to face Antoletia, a fellow challenger ranked twenty-ninth in the world, away.

Let's get the top seed out of the way, right away. As is common knowledge, Pasarga ranks amongst the top ten teams in this endless expanse of space-time, and they have been, as rightly predicted by most objective observers, peering down at the raucous rabble from their gilded, lofty pedestal that is seventh place in the multiverse for much of this campaign - as one would expect of a truly multiverse-calibre team. At this point, the Pasargans have virtually ensured themselves a playoff spot - and automatic qualification may well come after they travel to Sumaltheria for MD17. They are currently one point ahead of the Hicañan Skylarks, having played a game less; and both of their remaining matches are against teams of a decidedly lesser pedigree - Sumaltheria and Racao, respectively, who should be easy pickings for a Pasargan side on fire. They are looking set to qualify at a canter - a fact that can only be ultimately attributed to a less-than-competitive push from their group mates for the top spot.

Hicaña, having already played a game more than the rest of the top four, did not have their destiny in their own hands. As it was, their hopes of locking down a playoff spot was very much reliant upon Kazamatsuri's performance over their two games; if Kazamatsuri managed to win both of their remaining games, they would be overtaken; the Skylarks would be unceremoniously dethroned, deposed from their prized second place which they had held for long stretches of qualifying. As it was, their one remaining game was against the aforementioned Antoletia at home; and if they failed to gain points against the Fire Ants, their elimination from contention would be sealed - it was, as any sane person with a reasonable grasp of rudimentary mathematics would tell you - mathematically impossible to make up a one-point gap with no matches left to play. However, if they do seal their elimination with a defeat against Antoletia on MD17, the Skylarks can hold their heads high; it is no mean feat for a side ranked outside the top 100 teams in the multiverse to remain in the running for a playoff spot at such a late stage in the campaign. Credit should be given where credit is due, and there is no doubt that the Hicañan team deserves all the plaudits that they can get.

On the other hand, contender #2 Antoletia remains very much in the running, unlike the Skylarks. Having turned in a few underwhelming performances over the course of the campaign, the Fire Ants currently occupy 3rd place, ahead of Kazamatsuri by the slightest of margins - goal difference, having played the same number of games and possessing an identical record. However, the Fire Ants are yet to play both their major rivals for second place in this second half of qualifying - they first travel to Hicaña in the penultimate game of their qualifying campaign, where they will come up against a side desperately hoping to keep their playoff hopes alive, and then welcome Kazamatsuri to their own turf to round off their campaign. While the Antoletians may have experienced something of a renaissance in this last stretch of qualifying, they are simply not a side that deserves to gain a playoff spot ahead of Hicaña and Kazamatsuri, let alone challenge for the grand bauble itself in Equestrian States or the land of the Guayabalense. As it is, qualification remains very much an attainable goal for the 29th ranked side in the multiverse; they will achieve the aforementioned objective with maximum points from their final two games.

And now, we move on to Kazamatsuri. The Wolves, lagging behind in fourth place, are not - by any means - doing as poorly as their placing might suggest. Anyone who suggests otherwise without consulting the actual group table might have cause to re-evaluate themselves as a human being. At any rate, they are still only a point behind Hicaña, and are, remarkably, still in control of their own destiny at this late stage of qualifying - should Kazamatsuri's pegasus manager, Mad Dash, be able to guide them to two victories in their final two games, they will attain a playoff spot, no questions asked, no extra hidden clauses. Out of their two remaining fixtures, only one true test remains in the form of a resurgent Antoletia; Carpathia and Ruthenia, so far removed from their glory days of years gone by, are not expected to pose any real challenge to Mad Dash's foals. As things stand, they will need to defeat Antoletia in the final game in order to stand a chance of making the playoffs; a draw would be a mortal blow, and a loss would almost certainly cement their elimination and accordingly, Antoletia's advancement to the playoffs.

With two games to go, we can hope. Mad Dash, wise pegasus that he is, surely has a few more tricks up his proverbial sleeve - and we can expect a run-in charged with tension and nerves as we anxiously pray for a Kazamatsurian triumph in the race for second.
The Scattered Isles of Kazamatsuri
Demonym Kazamatsuri-jin/Kazamatsurian | Capital Yuigahama | Trigram KZR | Population 7,293,721
'I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant ...
it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.'
<Vettrera> You're scooping what I'm pooping
<Kinitaria> You're not here to tell us we're all destined to burn, so you're doing religion right
11:34:23 <+Val|WI> Felix should be dead by now
11:35:07 <Felix> But I am noooooot
11:35:20 — Yui-nyan|Kaza chainsaws Felix
11:35:24 <Yui-nyan|Kaza> You are nooooow

Varmelle
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Varmelle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:42 pm

(OOC: This is a puppet of Yttribia, which has been cleared to RP by Mizuyuki.)

What It Means To Free From Influence

In the course of human events, there comes a point in time in which the chains of control must be unshackled from our proper bodies, in order to live a free life. It is apart of our nature to treat everything as if we have free will. However, for many years, our people have been oppressed by those of other nations without first-hand experience on how it is like to be under foreign control. We have been under the shackles of many nations, but the incorrect, and improper treatment the citizens of the Yttribian Confederation have given us will permanently stay apart of our history forever. As much as we try to reconcile with the Yttribian people, we simply have yet to bring ourselves to do so.

While our government has kept the policy of total isolation in place for quite a long time, today is the first instance in our nation's history that we are allowing one of our articles from the Observer to be seen wherever one chooses, in whatever location they see fit. The people of our nation have elected to do so in order to educate the masses about our existence, remind the Yttribian people on their atrocious crimes, and introduce to the majority of that nation the crimes your country has done to us. While we don't see this generation of citizens as bad people, we shall never pardon their ancestors for what they have done. And for that, our story will finally come out.

In order to give context, the "derogatory" (yet deserving, in our opinion) term we have for Yttribians is the "Bullet." Our reasoning? Very simple. They're called "Bullets" for their violent manner in which they "introduced" themselves onto our land. However, despite this rude introduction, we were a relatively peaceful society, making its way through the levels of technology, becoming a relatively advanced nation for its time in the world. All was calm and easy-going, until several ships had landed on the shores of Sankt Rollox. Many of our citizens confused them for merchants, my grandfather who lived there sure did. The citizens of Sankt Rollox had planned a welcoming party for the ships that were yet to arrive. Excitement was at an all time high when the ships came. Finding a nation on the opposite side of the region was absolutely surprising for us, considering the lack of telecommunications at the time. However, the mood became somber once those ships docked in the Rollox Port. Quite frankly, no one was expecting what was to occur once the tall men made their way off the ship. But what happened were events that my grandfather would never forget.

They opened fire on us. No logical reasoning, a lack of premeditation, not even a warning. Sankt Rollox was being attacked. Many people were shot without any reason, including the little children. They were told to "bugger off, or your head gets popped off," and innocent, naive children, thinking it was a joke, kept playing around. The soldiers were not playing around. My grandfather had to deal with the mental scars of seeing childhood friends die in front of him. He had to see the Cremlen, the name for the town hall locals gave, fall. He was one of only eighteen hundred people in a town of sixty-thousand at the time to survive the rampage. It was devastating to see the childhood town he called home disappear into the rubble. Never had he been sadder in his life before, nor would he ever get that sad again. Then came the process of moving away from the area in which they called home to the inlands of the country. The dirt roads from Sankt Rollox to the centre of the country made the long trip even longer. He saw the flag of Yttribia rise in the distance, making Sankt Rollox illegal land that the Bullets held. He knew that this was unjust.

It had been six weeks since the massacre on the town, in which the Travelers finally thought they were safe from the Bullets. And so came the process of re-establishing a city. The name for the city was eventually voted on by all of the men over the age of fourteen, which was the age of my grandfather of the time. He suggested the name "Gala," to honor his best friend, whom he lost that fateful day. The men agreed, and came to an agreement to name the settlement Gala. That settlement has turned into the capital of Varmelle, and the place in which I write this article for the whole world to read. Eventually, word got around of what happened to Saint Rollox, from Magdalene nearby, to the city of Transmission, bordering the nation of Nephara. As a result, we decided to retaliate with the Yttribian people. Tensions between other cities were hostile most of the time. But seeing one of our own collapse in a fashion it did not deserve was something that did not deserve to happen. As a result, we unified. We unified to form Varmelle, and we were going to take back the city that had been our rival long ago.

In due time, the Yttribian people got their justice. They were driven out of our lands, and we eventually liberated Sankt Rollox. In a show of gratitude, those who did ally with us asked to be apart of the nation. That is the simplified version of our history. One that was necessary to share with the world. Why? In a time where the nation of Yttribia has been commended for their actions to maintain global peace in the region, even after the fascist period their people faced, it is time to remind, or educate those who have forgotten about our history. In addition, they have been praised for long enough. As a result, we as citizens of the great nation of Varmelle plan to combat all foreign influence. But in order to combat foreign influence, one does not need to enclose themselves from the world. Which is exactly what I have done as leader of the Varmellese people. It is time for people to get to know more about our nation. More about what we have faced. And maybe, people will finally come to see the light that is our story.

- Lindsey Wells, Leader, Varmelle
The Republic of Varmelle
Population - ~18,000,000 | Leader - Lindsey Wells | Capital (and largest city) - Gala | Region - Esportiva
The only difference is what might be is now what might have been.

Puppet of Yttribia, a Franz Ferdinand fan.

Mizuyuki
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizuyuki » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:47 pm

*pumped up*

The penultimate matchday of the long qualification campaign is here! We'll be back with the results ASAP, so sit tight and don't fret!

MATCH DAY 17 RP CUTOFF FOR GROUPS 1-10

RESULTS
Last edited by Mizuyuki on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation has been retired.
Please direct any and all communications intended for the user behind this nation to Kirisaki.

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:13 pm

'Howard...Howard look at me.' The lights of the world flickered on and off as Howard blinked furiously at the doctor and her small torch. 'Keep looking, okay that's better.' What on earth was she doing? He couldn't figure it out and just tried to relax, ignoring the throbbing pain in his leg. 'Right, the patient doesn't have a concussion. Watch yourself next time Alan.' Hold a minute...they knocked my head? So much for quality care! Howard could feel his head being tilted up behind him and now he was facing forward in his hospital bed, with wrapping and bandages and a big cast around his damaged foot. His doctor was stood at the end of the bed, her big hair slightly obscuring the view out of the window. 'Excuse me, do you reckon you could...maybe shift a bit?' He didn't care too much for pleasantries in this state. This room was too cold and too dark, he needed some light. 'Alright then.' She came around to the other side of the bed, allowing Howard to look out and gaze at the sky. It was quite early in the morning with the orange haze lighting up the room nicely as the sun rose. He was clearly in Pratley's municipal hospital, the town laid out ahead of him.

The doctor smiled at him reassuringly as she took a few readings from the various bits of machinery and computer monitoring his physical state. Just as she did, a man in a suit wandered in and muttered something into her ear. Her smile vanished and she rushed away, hoisting her clipboard nervously to her chest as tight as she could. 'I-if you need, just buzz, okay?'
'Okay?' Howard gazed up at his unexpected guest. It must be someone from work. 'So, who are you then? Landlord? Jonathan from division?'
'No. My name is Mr Farmer. I work for the government.'
'Right, work then.'
'Work indeed. How are you feeling old boy?' Howard felt a bit uncomfortable under the circumstances. A random government official he didn't know, who by the looks of it was a decade his junior, was calling him 'old boy' in an endearing fashion? Something isn't right here, he thought to himself. 'So what is it you want?'
'Oh, just one or two things. Obviously the police have already talked to you before you had that nap, but we must discuss other matters due to the nature of your role. I made sure to register a complaint on your behalf over that little bump by the way.'
'Thanks, I guess.'

Mr Farmer navigated himself around the complex machinery and took a seat next to Howard. 'Now my friend, I've actually come up here all the way from Blackhall. We've managed to keep this quiet in the news, said a retired man was wounded in a gang related incident. Kept the neighbours quiet. Of course you must understand that despite this, we still need you to show some...discretion. You won't be blathering about this to anyone will you?' Howard shook his head. 'Of course not. No no, I'd rather just put it all behind me to be honest.'
'Good, good, that is a very helpful attitude. I can assure you now that the motherland will always be well provided for with public servants like you around!' Mr Farmer enthusiastically pulled out his laptop from his briefcase and flipped it open on his lap, his smile beaming at a rather bemused Howard. 'Let's get back on topic though. So, you do your photography for a private contractor attached to the Ministry of Intelligence and the Ministry of Defence, am I correct?'
'Yes. Don't you know all of this already?'
'Well, I do, but its nice to just go through from step one you see. For greater clarification. Now, what have you been working on for the past three months?' Howard shifted about in his bed and made himself more comfortable as he poured back through his fuzzy memory, which he was only really just regaining after the shock of the attack.

'We got a contract about two and a half months ago to do shots of the old Red Line defences the Sameban's had on the mountains Eigar and Hale. Up county from here.'
'Ah yes, the Borderlands Range. Beautiful mountains. Utterly stunning.'
'Yeah, not in our role it isn't.' Howard grumbled and looked out of the window as he continued. 'Its fucking cold up there, for one thing. I've got good winter gear but the army observation post they have our office, or station or whatever, positioned at is freezing. They have no central heating, just a ton of old shit packed in the hollow cement walls. It's a miserable place and the only thing I've really got up there that reminds me I'm in the civilised world is a crap internet connection, an even more crap satellite phone and the sights and sounds of a platoon of our soldiers in the neighbouring prefab barracks. Its the worst work environment I've ever had the displeasure to be stationed in.' Howard sighed and turned back to his interviewer, who seemed to be paying attention with incredible passion and concentration. Going off on a rant about the facilities Howard worked with clearly wasn't putting him off. 'So anyway, I've been doing a photo op reconnaissance job with the occasional help of an army scout to take pictures of those old Sameban Red Line defences, as I said. There was nothing that much remarkable really - well, I say that...'

Mr Farmer's eyes narrows. 'Go on. Finish.'
'...well...I don't know. There was movement.'
'Movement?'
'Yes, I caught the silhouettes of a couple of people in my shots. I thought they were builders or something at first or some kind of workmen, but then I saw one with an M-16 over his shoulder in one of my higher res shots of a pillbox that looks like it should've crumbled ages ago. Its all on my hard drive and at the office.'
'Excellent. Do you mind if we collect them ourselves?'
'If you like, sure. I don't think I'm going back to work for a while on this foot anyway.' Howard gazed down at his foot with a pang of regret on his face. 'I should've just stayed in the kitchen. Now I'm going to be a bloody cripple.'
'Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. My son used to be a construction worker and his foot recovered from a much nastier wound with a drill. So what if you lose a few toes?' Mr Farmer quickly changed tack when he saw the look in Howard's eyes. 'Sorry old chap, that didn't come out as I wanted it to. I'm entirely sympathetic, I'm just trying to make you feel better. Anyway, what about your attackers? What did you notice about them?'

Howard shrugged. 'I don't know, they just looked like common thugs but with some firepower. I already told the police all about that.'
'Yes, I hear you managed to shoot one with a bolt gun or something! Terrific work.'
'Thanks. It was lucky, to be honest. Things just happened to line up for me. I shouldn't have survived, probably. I can't believe that bitch of a cleaner planned to kill me the whole time!'
'Indeed, indeed Howard, which is what I don't get about this whole thing. With the greatest of respect, you're a cog in the machine, but not a very big cog. Maybe not even a full cog. A sub-cog, if you will.' Howard didn't know whether to feel offended, humbled or both, so he opted to just act nonplussed by Mr Farmer's remarks. 'Does anyone outside of your company know about your work?'
'No.'
'No-one had any access to your photographic evidence or materials, or equipment?'
'No. The cleaner was only around when I was, and it was always in my office adjacent to my room.'
'Then my suspicion is that this was a well planned assassination attempt based on a tip off that we won't be able to find the origin of. Or, someone got a picture of you getting a picture of our friends to the north.'

Despite being laid back in his bed and with morphine numbing half of his leg, Howard couldn't help but jump a bit at the implication being made. 'I don't get it, if I'm just a little guy, I mean, why would the Sameban government try to kill me? All I did was photograph a few builders' Mr Farmer shrugged and finished typing, before closing his laptop. 'Who knows?'
'W-who knows? What? You mean I will never know?'
'In all likelihood, that is the case yes. We'll let you know if we catch the perpetrators, of course. In the meantime we'll have you guarded here until you are discharged and then you will return to Falourr. We think you should lay low under our observation for a bit.'
'But what if they get to me! What about my family?'
'Oh, they will be fine, we've already made sure of that. You just get some rest. Keep an eye on the news by the way, while you were in surgery yesterday Judge called the election!'
'I...but...I don't....'
'Cheerio!'

Howard was left to his own devices by the mysterious Mr Farmer who strode out of the room and into the corridor, inviting the doctor to go back inside. He then broke into a brisk walk through the corridors, down the lift and outside to the car park, where he pulled out his phone and made sure no-one was around before speaking into it. 'Farmer here.'
'This is control. How did it go?'
'It's what we thought. It was them.'
'Conclusive evidence?'
'From the police report and judging by what he photographed yes, it adds to the evidence that the MoD has been blind to for a while now. Do you think this is big enough to reach the PM?'
'Probably not. Stand by for further orders.'
'Alright then, I guess. Farmer out.'
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:31 pm

We are on crunch time! and some nations will make his luggage and will think about the trip to Equestrian or Guayabalense lands for WC Finals! meanwhile the illusion of others will turn in ashes and sadly enough, they will think in the next WCQ, let's see how your team did it today!

MATCH DAY 17 RP CUTOFF FOR GROUPS 11-19

More music
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:29 pm

OOC: Part 1 of eventual IIWiki entry of a Quebecois novelist.

Sergei Valiev (born Sergei Ivanovitch Valiev-Montgomery; May 7, 1912 - December 13, 1992) is a Norrish-Quebecois novelist. Valiev's first 12 novels were in Russian and Czech. He then rose to multiversal prominence as a writer of Quebecois French and English prose.

Valiev's Penelope(1957) is his most famous novel, and often considered his finest work in English. It exhibits the love of intricate word play and synesthetic detail that characterised all his works. The book is ranked in the third of the list of the Spencer-McCarthy 100 Best Novels, and is recognised as one of Greatest novels to come out in English in 20th century. L'Original de Sara (1964) was ranked at 53rd on the same list, with Parle, Danse (1976) Three times he won Choongryeolgong Prize for Fiction(Penelope, L'Original de Sara, Parle, Danse) and twice George William McConnell Memorial Prize(Penelope; Parle, Danse).
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life and career

Valiev was born in Sankt-Valerisburg, Krashmiya; on May 7, 1914, to a wealthy and prominent family of minor nobility. He was the eldest of five children of liberal lawyer, statesman, and art patron Stanislav Valiev and his wife, Erina Mikhailova née Montgomery. He spent his childhood in Praha and at the country estate Mieraskya south of Praha.

Valiev's childhood, which he had called "perfect", was remarkable in several ways. The family, which on maternal side was of Norrish background, spoke Russian, English, Czech and French in their household, and Valiev was quadrilingual from an early age. In fact, much to his father's chagrin, Valiev could read and write in English before he could in French or Russian.

In Speak, Memory Nabokov recalls numerous details of his privileged childhood, and his ability to recall in vivid detail memories of his past was a boon to him during his permanent exile. This theme of exile and past memories would be chronically recalled in many of his novels, and in particular emphasis at L'Original de Sara. In his years at Sankt-Valerisburg he was an avid student, graduating with Dux in Sankt-Maria Gymnasium at the age of 16.

Emigration

After the 1929 Bolshevik Revolution, Valiev's family was forced to flee the city due to the potential repercussions on the aristocracy and merchant class. They moved to a friend's place in Shabelsky, at the northwestern end of the monarchist-ruled west. After the withdrawal of the Norrish forces and the defeat of the Golden Army in early 1930, they altogether moved to Praha, Norrehavn; where his father had settled a business establishment in an emigre jewelry maker: Valievs were traditionally jewelry makers and goldsmiths. Sergei settled briefly in Praha, but left the city after a year. He enrolled in Université St. Croix, and three years later would graduate with a degree in history and literature.

In October 1933, Stanislav Valiev accidentally drowned as he was trying to save his best friend, President of Norrish Rothsmaren Bank Anthony Spacek, from drowning in what was a tragic boating accident. This memory and associated themes would echo again and again in Valiev's fiction, where characters would meet their deaths under accidental terms.

To join his mother and 3 siblings, recently-graduated Valiev moved to Praha, where he had become a recognised poet and writer within the émigré community and published many of his earlier works. To supplement his scant writing income, he taught languages and gave hockey and singing lessons.

His time in Praha's often described as tumultuous and unhappy. Of his five years in Praha biographer Antonin Kim wrote: "He disliked Praha of old when he lived there. The Krashmiyan community in Praha was very lively and close-knitted, something that foreign-influenced Sergei never fell into."

One of the few positive lights of In May 1936 came when he met a Jewish-Quebecois woman, Caroline Johnson, at a charity ball in Svanboerg. They would go on to marry each other in February 2, 1937, 8 months before Nazi takeover of the state.

Few weeks later, Caroline lost her job because of the increasingly anti-Semitic environment; also in that same year Valiev began seeking a job in the Quebecois world. In May 1938 he left Norrehavn for Vaugania, settling in St.John's with his family. In January 1940 the Valiev family fled from the advancing Nazi troops to Quebec on board SS Madawaska.........
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Jeru FC
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeru FC » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:40 pm

A furious Jeru FC coach Princess Amy and player ROAW looking for the Jeru FC keepr Duck Hoss

Amy: Where's that bloody useless Duck guy? I want to chat to him
ROAW: Dunno, he's hiding somewhere. I think you might deck him.
Amy: Well, he's just bloody cost us two points. We would have won this game if he didn't bumble his way around the last few minutes
ROAW: Well, I agree. We would have won 3-2!
Amy: Actually more like 3-1, two of those goals were totally avoidable
ROAW: Don't worry, I want to get my hands on him too

Amy: He can't hide forever, or I'll just leave him in Bostopia. Maybe that might be a good idea.
ROAW: I don't think you're allowed to do that
Amy: Well, it would be an accident, don't you think.
ROAW: I'd back you. He can stay in Bostopia.
Amy: Two points lost, we're back to 4th. If we had won, we would actually be in 2nd place on 30 points.
ROAW: Oh well ...

Amy: I guess we need to win our last game and hope our rivals lose.
ROAW: Don't you hate it when your fate isn't decided by yourself
Amy: We've had too many draws when we should have won.
ROAW: Look at us now, 1 point away from a playoff. It could have been so different.
Amy: And Jeruselem are now eliminated. So we're left to fight for pride of Jeruselem!
ROAW: At least they can afford to get to the Cup of Harmony

Amy: Still waiting for my answer about funding
ROAW: Sounds like no to me, if they say nothing
Amy: Well, if it's no. They'll be getting a rude letter.
ROAW: We'd better find Duck and get moving off home
Amy: No, just leave him here. We'll just write a fake note he wanted to jump off a building because he's a failure and doesn't deserve to live anymore.
ROAW: That's just evil, you wouldn't do that?

Amy: Oh yes, I'm going do it if we don't find him.
ROAW: I don't think anyone would actually really care if he disappeared.
Amy: I guess it's a win for us all round hey?
ROAW: Yes, let's do it then!
Amy: Let's cut our losses and go home without him.
ROAW: Yes, we're better off without him. He's done enough damage!

Duck: COACH COACH, DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT ME! I DON"T WANT TO DIE HERE
Amy: Well well, there he is.
ROAW: That worked coach. You're a smart cookie.
Amy: What you have to say for yourself?
Duck: DON"T LEAVE ME HERE!
Amy: Yes, well I thought you would overhear us.

ROAW: We were just saying that to drag you out of hiding.
Duck: Were you serious?
Amy: I'm always serious, isn't that right? We were about to leave anyway.
ROAW: Yeah, we don't mess around. She doesn't anyway.
Duck: I'm really sorry I totally FUCKED UP today. I know it cost us points.
Amy: Sorry isn't going to bring our points back isn't it. Unless you got some time machine to fix the situation.

ROAW: Yes we're in trouble because of you
Duck: I never mean to make mistakes.
Amy: Yet it happens all the fucking time ... all the time ... everytime
ROAW: Yes
Duck: I'll work hard next game.
Amy: No recreation for you. You're going to start training real early. And your clumsy keeper friend too. He's not any better.
Duck: I guess that's better than being abandoned in Bostopia.

Amy: Say, the mineclearing people need more bodies to do more work. I was thinking of putting your name forward.
Duck: Me, why?
Amy: It's the sort of work that suits your skills. You're good at handling round objects.
Duck: OMG, I wouldn't last 5 seconds. I'd die!
Amy: Yes, well. So what you going to do about?
Duck: Err, I'll try to stop dropping things.
Last edited by Jeru FC on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Turori
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 03, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Turori » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:15 pm

System Karela Shines in Eelandii
Unfortunately, draw is not enough as Eels topple in table

Eel's Park, Eelandii, Turori :: As the full time whistle sounded, it was yet another successful performance from the Turorian defenders - another shutout from Turoki Isle netminder G.Q. Disterfred and another point gained in World Cup Qualifying competition.

However, a single point is not enough to keep pace with the leaders in World Cup Qualifying - a fact that the Turori Eels should know all-too-well, having dominated the qualifying scene with victories in seasons prior.

On this day at Eel's Park, however, the Eels walked off the field held scoreless in a drab draw against Estope - an Estope team who's hopes at qualification had already been dashed. The Eels, however, played exclusively like a team that had lost its attacking way - perhaps, in part, because they had. While no one was doubting the sheer speed and talent at the feet of Cednia Beach AFC's Matlya Eelador and Mliona-Lpaka's Inamari Altariiz, many wonder if the still-young duo would be able to hold on their shoulders the pressure that came with being the attacking threat on a defense-minded team throughout an entire qualifying campaign.

Walking off the field following the match against Estope, it looked like the answer was no. Fans seemed to yearn the on field presence of Loala Kigoouao and Liinai Zakazaka - the latter was eventually introduced at half time but the aging Zakazaka lacked the step he had had in his prime.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in group 16, Greater Watford had accomplished something the Eel's had not. Defeating the team dubbed "UNITED WE STAND 123" in the "UNITED WE STAND 123"
home stadium. Facing the bottom team in the Group with a -20+ goal differential, Greater Watford were always going to be the favored team against "UNITED WE STAND 123". However, the "UNITED WE STAND 123" home stadium had proven a difficult place for the Eels who were only able to come away with a single point from the fixture on the opening matchday - a result which set the tone for a long, struggling qualification campaign that saw the Eels win just 8 of their first 15 games.

The draw against Estope, however, would prove a critical hit to the Turori National Team's qualification chances. With the two points dropped, Greater Watford was able to leap frog the Eels in the standings, knocking Turori tentatively into the third spot with just one match to play. Perhaps more critically, stuck on a miniscule 29 points, the Eels were no longer in contention for the groups top spot and automatic qualification, with the upstart Buyan on 33 points and four points clear of the Eels atop the table.

If there was one saving grace for the Eels, however, it was the knowledge that their destiny was still very much in their own control.

In fact, for the Eels, a victory in their final match would ensure at the very least a playoff spot. Not the situation that the Group 16 favorites were hoping for going into the campaign, but being on the outside looking in with one game to play, a playoff spot is the last hope for Turori.

Perhaps the biggest complication for Turori; they'd have to go through the only team that wants it as much or more than they do to accomplish it: Greater Watford. And they'll have to do it in Greater Watford.

The two teams had met previously on Matchday 9 and the game ended in a 1-1 draw at the Kionao Minor Stadium. However, despite the earlier slip up, and the overall poor form in qualification; the 9th ranked Turori National Team will still be favored in the eyes of the bookies against the 100th ranked Greater Watford side. The question is, will the Turori Eels play like a Top 10 team and fight their way back into contention for a place in the World Cup finals, or will they play down to their triple-digit ranked opposition and crash out without a berth in the World Cup for the first time in recent memory?

Turori Eels Lineup v. Estope ::
[GK] G.Q Disterfred II, [D] Dmitri Levada, [D] Tarek Edgeli, [D] Geafi Laina-Sola, [UT] Klaillal Tuirma, [ML] Etamara Kulkkiia, [MC] Rutaj Ranaso, [MC] Kigaoua Oalalka, [MR] Aiden Varess, [FC] Inamari Altariiz, [FC] Matlya Eelador
BENCH::
[FC] Meldi'ita Mungwaii, [FC] Liinai Zakazaka, [M] Inlite Makakio, [M] Teliima Loinara, [UT] Oani Moralziia, [D] Majid Jedidi, [GK] Sharif Deniibo

Turori Substitutions::
(45) - Rutaj Ranaso >>> Teliima Loinara
(45) - Etamara Kulkkiia >>> Liinai Zakazaka

<Silexhera> Why does Turori make sense? :p

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:56 am

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four
Part Five

Payday, Part Six

Somewhere in Trendstart

The truck carrying the bound and gagged Cornelius, Alexandra, Destiny, and Allison finally stopped after what had felt like an eternity of driving, and hot and humid air blew into the cargo compartment. Cornelius felt himself being lifted up to his feet, and judging by the muffled grunts near him, so were the girls.

Cornelius noticed that there was a strong wind blowing in from the outside into the truck. "Jump," one of the kidnappers said. Right then and there, Cornelius realized why the wind was so strong in this place: they were on top of a cliff. If he jumped, there was no telling how far he would have to fall before his own body would crush him to death.

"Jump!" the kidnapper shouted. Cornelius marveled at the genius of the plot: let the robbers who stole the MSS's money kill themselves. Everyone's hands are left clean, and nature takes care of the rest. The only problem he could see with this plot was the fact that the MSS was eager to kill them all before they even asked them about where they hid the money. Man, the mind certainly drifts a lot whenever it feels it's in mortal danger, he thought.

"Jump! Or I'll make you jump!" The kidnapper now had more authority and command in his voice. Cornelius felt a hand on his back, ready to push him out when the kidnapper finally got pissed off enough to do the job himself. But Cornelius didn't want to jump. He had just grown forty-three million new penenks richer--through criminal means, though--and he wasn't prepared to part with his cash that quickly yet. But then which rich guy had wanted to be separated with their money?

"Have it your way, then," the kidnapper said, and he pushed Cornelius out of the truck. Still gagged, he began to scream as he fell...

...and landed on the ground almost immediately. He breathed hard, trying to calm himself and his rapidly beating heart. I'm alive! he thought. I'm fucking alive! But how?

Beside him, Cornelius heard the muffled yelps of the three girls as they were also shoved out of the truck. Cornelius heard a few of the kidnappers laughing as they followed their four captives out of the truck, landing lightly on their feet as they could see where they were jumping down. One of them removed the sack on Cornelius's head, giving him a good look of his new surroundings. He could see a bunch of wind turbines somewhere on the horizon. The only wind farm in Trendstart that he knew of was the one on the Antslinngs Tidal Flats, so that meant they were not very far from where the truck had driven them off the road. So that was the reason for the strong wind that he felt earlier. Sea breezes were very strong in this area of Trendstart. More confirmation of that discovery came when he saw Alexandra's minivan just a short distance away, on the exit ramp to some narrow country road leading back to the ass end of Trendstart.

"Holy shit!" Alexandra shouted as the sack and the gag were removed from her. "I thought we were all gonna die!"

"Join the club, girl," Cornelius said after his own gag had been removed.

"What in the world are we doing here?" Alexandra asked. "I thought we were being kidnapped!"

"Don't ask me, Lexie," Cornelius replied. "Just don't."

But Alexandra was about to have her question answered. A black Hummer had just gone off the highway running through Trendstart and was heading for them. By the time the Hummer had stopped in front of their little group, the kidnappers had taken off their masks, revealing themselves to be Caucasian, African, Asian, and every race in between. Just like a cross-section of Fleftic society. The driver of the Hummer, a big muscular blond Slav, hopped out of his seat, walked over to the passenger door, and opened it. A big-boned man with graying hair got out of the Hummer and began walking towards them. Cornelius thought that the man looked familiar, like some actor in a show he saw before... William Shatner. That was it. The man walking towards them looked like William Shatner.

"You're all probably wondering why I brought y'all here," the man said, addressing the four captives. "So I'm going to make it short and brief, so your young and short attention spans could get and understand it all. I'm looking for a certain someone, and you're the first people to have ever found him when he doesn't want to be found."

"Wait a minute," Alexandra interrupted, much to Cornelius's shock. "Who are you talking about? And who are you, anyway?"

"Who am I?" The big man laughed, a booming laugh that seemed to roll over the plains and the beaches, before he turned serious again. "Why, I am just Guillermo Huesca, the most wanted man in all of the Democratic Republic. Although I think I have now become the fifth-most wanted man because of the four of you."

Only then did the four of them recognize him. Guillermo Huesca was indeed the most wanted man in Abanhfleft, and he was also right in thinking that he could be now just the fifth-most wanted man in the country, because of the heist that the four of them had pulled. He had a rap sheet as long as the Trendstart Keys, up to and including being the head of one of the biggest drug cartels in the country, and a very large sum of money had been put on his head as a bounty. The FNP had a billion new penenk-bounty out for Huesca right now.

Cory didn't know what to expect from Huesca, to be honest, but it certainly what was in front of his eyes right now. Huesca looked like the kind, jovial uncle whom everyone loved both for his personality and his stories. Cornelius wondered if Huesca looked like that to his own family. If he even had a family.

"I'm looking for a man named Fructuoso Arellano," Huesca continued. "You may know him as Mr. Fruity."

"Fruity?" Destiny asked with disbelief. "What could you possibly want with Fruity?"

"Getting to the top after stepping on everyone else's fingers means that a lot of people want to see you go down, and hard," Huesca replied. "But everyone who wants that knows that if they go against me, I will come down on them harder than a collapsing brick wall. So they hire others, small fish and ambitious bastards for the most part, to do the dirty jobs for them. Fruity Arellano ain't one of those guys. He's hands-on; he wants to be where the action is. Sometimes he does the dirty jobs himself. As you can see, he's one strange bastard, an aberration."

"Why are you telling us this?" Alexandra asked. "And why us?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Huesca laughed once again. "You just stole two hundred million of my new penenks! I should be killing all of you right here and right now! But, I'm willing to let it all go because I've got a bigger problem crawling up my ass, and I can't even be half-assed to handle four small-timers like you. Besides, I've got a lot more than just two hundred million new penenks in the books."

"Okay," Cornelius said. "We're listening."

"A good sense of self-preservation," Huesca noted. "I like that. That's gonna help y'all in the long run. Anyway, Fruity Arellano just stole a load of gold from me, and I want it back."

"What?" Destiny asked, surprise obvious in her voice. "Why in the world would he steal gold from you?"

"Let me tell y'all a little something something about your friend Fruity," Huesca said.

"He's not our friend," Alexandra said, but Huesca waved her off. "Fruity Arellano, way before he became the bastard that he is now," Huesca continued, "he was an agent of the Council on Drug Enforcement Administration, after serving his time in the Army and Fhulghamous. He went undercover in one of the cartels, but eventually the trade drew him in, like it always does. So armed with just 50,000 new penenks and a load of bricks that he stole from a CDEA raid, he went full druggie. Unfortunately, the fat, smug little shit managed to get out of the hands of MDAS and Fleftic Power, and now he's threatening my operation.

"Fruity's got a very curious way of taking power. Fruity waits for a cartel to grow small and powerless, and then in exchange for them swearing loyalty to him, he gives them new life, new power, all under his protection. That's how, from just 50,000 penenks, he's now up to five billion penenks. Fucking five billion! And he's loyal to nobody except himself, and now he's eroding the power base of the real cartels. That's why he must be stopped."

"And why should we help you, if he's helping to bring you down?" Alexandra asked.

"What, aside from the fact that I'm gonna let you live with my two hundred million?" Huesca asked in reply. "Picture this, young ones: when the old cartels fall down, Fruity takes their place all by himself. Now you tell me, would you want a fucking unstable motherfucker such as him to be leading every fucking cartel in the country?"

"I guess not," Alexandra conceded.

"And that's my point, young girl. When Fruity takes over, it's gonna be an all-out war between him and the other cartels that won't submit. It's gonna be a bloodbath! A bloodbath of such a scale not seen since the days of the Catholic Revolution. Y'all wouldn't want that, right?" The four of them shook their heads.

"Here's the deal," Huesca said. "Y'all find Fruity, and take back the fifty million dollars' worth of gold he stole from me. Yeah, that's right, you heard me right. Fifty million dollars' worth of gold. That's how fucking ambitious the bastard is now. You find Fruity, take the gold, kill him if you want--what I want, actually--and bring the gold back to me. In exchange, I'll let the four of you live, and I'll even let you keep the two hundred million penenks you took from me. You should know that I'm actually letting you off lightly. After what y'all did to my niece."

"Your niece?" Cornelius asked.

"Amelia! Don't you remember?" Huesca asked them. Then Cornelius remembered. Amelia Dulce Peña was one of the soldiers who had been under his command during the Fhulghamous Crisis, and she had lost her right foot and received permanent scarring on her face when she tried to kick away a grenade that had landed in the middle of the squad. Cornelius had tried to patch her up as best as he could, but she still lost her foot, and three deep trenches now ran down her right cheek, marring her once-beautiful face. Apparently Huesca blamed Cornelius for how his niece now looked.

"Shit," Alexandra muttered. "I had no idea Amy was Guillermo Huesca's niece."

"Me too," Cornelius replied.

"Okay, Mr. Huesca," Alexandra said to Huesca, "what makes you think that we can find Fruity?"

"You've been in contact with him. At least one of you has been in contact with him."

"I'm not in contact with Fruity," Alexandra said.

"I'm not in contact with him, either," Allison said.

"And I didn't even know Fruity had a cellphone," Cornelius added.

Slowly, the three of them turned towards Destiny, who had remained silent until now. "It seemed like nothing at the time," she said in her defense. "I thought it was just harmless fun."

Huesca nodded to one of the kidnappers, who patted down Destiny before taking out her cellphone from the pocket of her denim shorts. He tossed the phone over to Huesca, who immediately began going through her phone's messages. "Oh, this is priceless," he said, grinning. "'Just slapped a ho on both cheeks after fucking her in the ass, how cool is that?' Oh, here's another one: 'Threw a bucket of my own shit at a black-and-white; bastards crashed cause they could only see shit! Get it?!' And there's this priceless gem: 'Pissed on the biggest guy in Irasanca!' Dear God!" Huesca shook his head. "Goddamn you, little girl!" he told Destiny. "You've got messages in here dating back to 2011! And you tell me that you haven't been in contact with him."

Huesca tossed Destiny's phone back to the kidnapper who took it, who shoved it immediately back to her pocket. "All right, little ones," the cartel leader said. "You got three days to find Fruity and the gold, and bring it back to me. As for your incentive, I'm taking your nigger friend with me."

"What? No!" Cornelius tried to stand up and run, but he had his legs kicked out from under him by Huesca's goons. Two of the kidnappers held him by his arms and carted him away to the Hummer, all while Cornelius was shouting, "Fucking let me go, man!" But eventually they got him into the Hummer, and everyone else got into the truck, and the two vehicles drove off into the horizon, leaving behind three dazed and confused girls.

"Okay," Destiny said. "What just happened?"
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:57 am

Four years ago...
Emma Worth, assistant to Francisca Orient, glanced over the youth teamers as they played a passable 11v11. One side was in the side's sky blue home kits, the other the dark green away. Right now, it looked like the sky blues were kicking the shit out of the greens.
"That blue leftback looks good. Kirsten Keohane?"
"Yeah," said the U-21 manager; Harry Mirren by name, a lanky chain-smoker, but good at his job. "That team's keeper, too - Cleves. Not exactly national team material, either of 'em, but they'll be too good for the B-League."
She clapped him on the shoulder. "No need to worry about that. We'll be out of here in a couple years yet."
"Sutcliff's promising too - the green rightback. ... Though she's had a 'mare this time around."
"Mm." Worth glanced across the centre of the pitch - Sutcliff had just passed to that team's number ten, a short woman who could charitably be described as 'stocky'. "... Who's the fat one?"
"Oh, Purrington?" Mirren grinned. "Probably the best of the lot. Can't train talent, and believe me, she's got it."
"Mm. You could probably train about ten kilos off her, though."
Purrington weaved past her opposite number, then took the ball past the number four with ease.
"Should've used her right there," grunted Worth.
"Hah! She's not got a right."
"... This isn't some kind of practical joke, right?"
"Mark my words, Emma. That one's a future Patriot."
"You've got to be fucking kidding me. Brenecia's surely headed for the World Cup under Slatesaver, best group of players we've likely ever had as long as Kuepper can get his shooting boots back on, and you think we need..." There was a vague, disgusted gesture. "... That?"
As she said that, Purrington beat both centrebacks and fired home past Melissa Cleves. "Why don'tcha speak louder, gaffer?" she shouted back to the assistant and youth managers on the touchline.
"Hmph," muttered Worth... quieter. "Mouthy bitch."
"She's got moxie, guv. Can't buy that."

The Present
"'Mouthy bitch' indeed, trained ten kilos off her fucking mother last night..."
"Uh... Cathy?"
Catherine Purrington shook herself awake. "Hm? Oh, yeah. Right."
Rowena Stamper sighed. "Just ... you lookin' to take this free kick or not? I mean, it's you or Erin, and she's, well... suspended. We need this goal."
"Yeah, yeah..."
Purrington was painfully aware she'd had a shocker so far, in the match in which Brenecia really needed her most. They needed to win here and against tough, determined opposition on their home ground. After all, if Queer Poco el Mono Ara could win here their own hopes of qualification were barely still alive. Peregrin Raeburn had been putting in a hell of a shift on the wing, giving Bowyer hell, and they were lucky for Abdullah's poor finishing and solid defending. And when Brenecia had Rowena Stamper - captain Camden was out through accumulated cautions - hauled down a few yards outside the box? It was a welcome respite after relentless end-to-end football.
Purrington always heard the doubters' voices ringing in her ears during a bad match. And christ, she was having one now. She knew [citation needed] that smug fuck Worth was probably laughing herself mad after watching this match...
Fine. She'd fucking show her.
Stamper stood some way aside from the ball. She'd probably expected to look like she might be taking the strike with her right boot, throw the goalkeeper off. Well too fucking bad. Purrington took a quick run-up and utterly merked it with her left boot. Over the wall. Over Kartal. Seemingly over the bar until, very suddenly...
"Christ alive," breathed Stamper.
... it wasn't.
So with an arc that seemed out of place outside of a gaming console, Purrington had put Brenecia's advantage (on paper) in attack onto the scoreboard. Even if, as she shouted "FUCK THE HATERS!" en route to the corner flag to celebrate, she did kind of confuse most of her team...
Puppet of Nephara.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:22 am

It was a relatively small and curiously muted crowd at the Farham tonight.
It rubbed off on the players, too. They were edgy and nervous. It wasn't just the fans who were glancing up at the scoreboard every now and then. This game alone didn't matter, as long as they cruised to an expected victory - it was that one result in the top corner of the scoreboard that did. Even as Locke and (making a rare start) Quinn scored, they both looked up at it. For all the fact that they were tearing Arvenia apart, Quebec still needed to drop points...
Mortlock hated it too, with the distinct sense she'd let it slip away from her. Beating Pays, the Saint James Islands. Even a draw instead of a defeat to Yttribia would've done it. All those little slips had added up, and she'd known it would cost them in the end.
Riether had come back, eventually. She was on edge, but her kind was always on edge, fiercely analytical and always striving for perfection. They'd accepted words had been exchanged, frankly and honestly. There was no harm in her presence.
She got along well with Bywater. They made a decent team together.
Almost absent-mindedly, she ordered Nikita Lundgren onto the pitch. The Chatswood youth deserved her first cap, and the chance had come with Logan Murdoch suspended on accumulated yellows. "Cheers guv," muttered the normally cheerful midfielder - doubtless she'd been sneaking glances at the scoreboard as well.
The game petred out after the first two goals, and there was a sense the Cormorants were just waiting for the final whistle. Arvenia nearly took advantage going forward, but Ballard was agile on her line to deny them the cheap consolation goal.
Eventually, the whistle blew. There was some half-hearted shirt-swapping, some awkward clapping from the stands. But as always, all eyes were on the scoreboard.
The large numbers read 2-0.
And staring back at the players, the managers, the fans, an ugly little FIL 1-3 QUE was crammed into the top corner of the screen.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:28 am

Centralis Herald - Sports Section - Mitch Blain

Match Report: Electrum vs Pine Island

In a match of monumental ramifications, our beloved, steely Electrumites steered their way to a fantastic victory over our opponents from Pine Island to a packed crowd at Northcote Oval in Prescott. It was a cool, chilly day, and the clouds were in the air - perhaps an omen for the Electrum Bolts. In any case, as soon as the get-go, the game's balance leaned heavily towards Electrum with both possessions and shots at the goal both in Electrum's way.

Pine Island was exacted the revenge that they deserved, after defeating Electrum 3-2 in a close and tight competition. However, the tables were turned, and twenty thousand fans were in the stadium to witness the comeback - a 4-0 drubbing. The first XI did an excellent job in defending their honour after their first upset and to stay alive in Group 9, making the next match, against Ceni the decider on who will advance. Milo Wilkinson said that, "We took a big leap of faith today, and I'm proud my team pulled through. Up next is the decider. We cannot afford any more mistakes. This is it."

The first goal, surprisingly came in from a Pine Islander boot. An accidental pass from one of their forwards turned into a farce after the goalkeeper dropped the ball, when in promptly rolled in - presumably because of the high winds at the time - the goal. 1-0 done and the Pine Islanders were understandably shaken. Krane and his crew of forwards kept their cool as Electrum dominated possession. The normally attacking team however, had a lot of chances at goal but it seemed like after that initial shakeup, the Pine Islanders weren't willing to concede. That was until a cross by Henry intersected with Krane's right foot, and that ball made it's way into the goal. Two nil at 38 minutes. By this time, Fenech, the goalkeeper was lazing around on the floor, having only had one shot at goal by the Islanders.

Wilkinson's strategy was executed beautifully. The Electrumites kept the ball off their opponent's hands, desperate for those three points. Even more desperate were the Pine Islanders, who tried to stop Lynn-Peters's advance with an illtimed penalty which saw Lynn-Peters carted off the field. He had an ankle injury as a result, and will not be able to play in the next match against Ceni. A free kick was awarded and Krane avenged for his subordinate, by making it 3-0 with a minute to go in the half before stoppage time.

The second half was a more drab affair. Satisfied with the 3-0 lead, the Electrumite team stalled in their advance, merely wanting to defend their riches. A free kick conceded by Electrum nearly led to a goal, if it weren't for Fenech's timely dive, blocking the ball down low to the left. His goalkeeping has improved significantly, and will continue to be an asset to the team. He has conceded less goals than ever before, and has greatly improved from his first tournament where he conceded 43 now down to 29. Pine Island stepped up their game, testing the defense at times, but once again, Electrum scored a goal out of nowhere, with ten minutes to go. This time, Krane who was running like no tomorrow with the ball crossed it over up high towards Henry who was out of position -- but newbie Fielding was there at the right time, cocked her head ever so slightly, and the ball passed over the goalie's head for another goal. Truly spectacular stuff. 4-0 would be the final margin of the match.

That spectacular performance has been the hallmark of the later stages of Electrum's campaign. Electrum in the second half has defeated all of the opposing nations, except for the world number ones, Audioslavia. All they need now, to top it off, is another victory against Ceni. Or even a draw. Something which would put Electrum on top. A loss, is still possibile, but losing by more than one spells certain defeat. It's going to be a tough match, and there are whispers - which I won't entertain for fear of actually leaking what our team is going to do - of changes.

Mitch Blain is the Manager of Electrum Football as well as the National Electrum Football Team ever since its foundation until now. He is currently overseeing the development of a domestic competition at the end of the World Cup to continue gather interest of football in Electrum. His team is on the verge for making it to the playoffs to the World Cup.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:17 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Poor Weather Equals Poor Play

The Blouman Eagles and Fellow Citizens faced off on a wet and windy game at Stadium Bloumany with 30,000 fans braving the weather to watch the Eagle’s final home game in the group stage of the qualifiers. It was a poor game all round and not helped by the weather Thomas Brown scored a goal in the fifth minute as the Empire edged out the bottom placed Fellow Citizens.

Fellow Citizens started the game having only won one of their matches while the Eagles recent run of form had seen them win the past five putting them in a playoff position and only a point behind first place. The only goal of the game came early with Brown heading the ball into the net in the 5t minute. Mallard sent the ball in from a corner into the area, with Brown running in he raised high above the pack and sent the ball past keeper Adam Adhitama. It was almost 2-0 minutes later as Kane Ancap wasted the perfect chance in front of goal; open in front of goal and unmarked he sent it just over the bar. Fellow Citizens played second fiddle for most of the first half and never really pushed Milton Tuneson into saving the ball. There wasn’t much more action in the first half and the palyers were grateful to get under cover for the half time break.

The rain continued to fall during the break and the restart was delayed while match officials determined if the ground was still suitable for play. Twenty minutes later than the scheduled time the second half finally got underway and the Eagles continued their dominance of the match though the ball spent most of the time in midfield in the less than savoury conditions. Dylan Eastion managed to take a run down the side side stepping Jo Fujiwara before putting in a cross, though Kane Harrison only just managed to get his head to it and failed to put it towards goal. Percey Baser and Jake Green worked together to build up some beautiful play by the finishing was off as Green put it right into Adahitama’s hand. At the other end of the field Soekarno’s effort was deftly saved by Tuneson who dived at the right moment while Yoyok Dwi Sastro cut in and fired just wide of the goal. A corner down at the Citizens end was cleared to Baser 20 yards from goal but his curling shot went flying high and wide. As the final minutes ticked by neither side was able to create many chances as the ball slowed down in the large puddles forming on the pitch and the conditions became slipperier for the players, the referee finally put the game out of it’s misery with the match ending 1-0.

The win was crucial to the Empire as the retain second spot after Apox thrashed French Lousiana 4-0 but with Brenecia beating Queer Poco it meant the Eagles still remained a point behind an automatic qualifying spot. The Eagles will travel to Alastonia for the final game and will need to win to guarantee at least a play-off spot. Last time the two sides met it ended in a nil all with Alastonia digging in deep a tactic Blouman Manager Logan October is well aware of “I am confident they will try that again it got them a point but I plan on working with my squad to get a result this time around”. The Eagles will also require Brenecia to lose their game against Quakmybush to book a ticket to the World Cup while the Eagles final challenger to the playoff position Apox will be facing Fellow Citizens and is expected to win comfortably.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports