NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 70 - RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:14 pm

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Easton Scores First International

Dylan Easton’s easy first half goal helped the Eagles beat Queer Poco at Stadium Bloumany last night. It was Easton’s first international goal and gave his side a glimmer of hope to still qualify for the World Cup.

Sloppy play from the Eagles saw them lose possession easily early on in the game giving Queer Poco opportunities to score. Lisandro Espinoza smashed a stinging strike that Milton Tuneson was unable to grab hold but was fortunate that Hamish Alpin was able to clear it from the area. Rizwan Abdullah saw his effort come inches from being a goal as it rebounded into the pack, quick reflexes of Jacob Kleeza saw the ball sent away from goal. Tuneson showed his worth and was smartly off his line to thwart a superb cross from Peregrine Raeburn. But it was down the other end of the field where chances were taken, with a counter attack underway Percy Baser put in a high cross while it looked like Queer Poco keeper Shahrukh Kartal would punch it away he was just beaten by the head of Kane Harrison. The ball rebounded off the post and fell at the feet of Easton who tapped it in the give the Eagles the lead. It looked like the Eagles would double the lead when an error by Mateu Demirici gave Kane Ancap a clear chance but Kartal deftly saved it.

It was a similar story in the second half with both sides looking for the win, though Queer Poco started as the stronger of the two. With Espinoza looking like the most likely source of Queer Poco’s equaliser as he tested Tuneson to his limits. The Una Serie top scorer was unlucky to get the ball muddled in his feet when he only had Tuneson to beat and then a strong challenge from Alpin prevented him from taking a shot on goal after being given a through ball by Raeburn. Espinoza would’ve been ready to celebrate after finding himself open he shot towards the far top corner but Tuneson managed to get his fingers to it to tip it around the bar. The attacking momentum started to drift from Queer Poco’s game as the Eagles took more control, looking to not only defend their lead but expand it as well. Harrison took a close range shot but hit the body of Demirici, and Kartal produced an excellent reaction stop keeping out a close range header from Blaine Cooperson. Ancap received a perfect cross from Easton but his strike was far from perfect as he sent it into the stands. While the Eagles were unable to extend their lead Queer Poco for all their efforts showed up with nought giving the 1-0 win to the Eagles.

Captain Hamish Alpin described the game as tough but also believed that it showed the group that “while we are struggling we are going to keep fighting till the end”. The win was important to the Eagles chances who have managed to reduce the points deficit between themselves and first place to five points. Quakmybush currently sits on top after drumming a 6-1 win out of Daritii, they will be hosting the Eagles in the next match full of confidence. The Eagles are looking at another win-or-out match if they wish to remain in contention for a top two spot.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Win! Win!
Solid game with few mistakes! First in a long time

United States of Devonta 2-0 Schutzenphalia & West Ruhntuhnkuhnland

United States of Devonta (4-4-2 Diamond): Cooper, Brooks, Benton, Kindred, Liam, Russell, Abdullah, Edwards, Owens, Johansen, Adams

Quick Stats:
59% Possessions, 12 Shots, 9 on goal
41% Possessions, 7 Shots, 4 on goal

Scores: Brooks (9'), Johansen (81')

CAUTIONED: Owens (65')
EJECTED: --NONE--

Table:
  Group 19                                Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 The Holy Empire 12 11 0 1 38 19 +19 33
2 The Royal Barangay 12 8 1 3 26 16 +10 25
3 Boring Paradise 12 7 2 3 28 25 +3 23
4 Jecatria 11 6 2 3 26 21 +5 20
5 New North Aqmuland 11 4 3 4 25 23 +2 15
6 Dainer 12 3 4 5 15 16 −1 13
7 United States of Devonta 11 3 1 7 10 19 −9 10
8 Sarrbia 12 1 3 8 10 23 −13 6
9 Schutzenphalia & West Ruhntuhnkuhnland 11 0 2 9 13 29 −16 2

----Mobilized----

A young face emerged from the sliding doors of one of the bases four infirmaries, the central infirmary to be exact. Besides from the infirmaries the other medical building was a large base hospital. The young face was that of Second Lieutenant Drew Alexander probably the newest addition to the 23rd Fighter/Attack Wing, Which he hated since every officer senior and a few older enlisted men all ways gave him shit but insisted they where just "playing around with him". Drew tended just to laugh and shake it off but it was hard when you where your squadron leaders so called "bitch", as allot of the older guys say. Drew seemed to have to get him his coffee every single day, it pissed him off but he knew it happened to almost all new rookies, but Drew was no average rookie, he flew combat missions over Zernovyl during the civil war and war with Galean, he's also was the only one in the whole entire wing who managed to get a missile locked onto him, although he easily evaded it. It only reinforced on the fact he felt he was the unluckiest pilot in the world and know that the docs inside the infirmary diagnosed his stomach pains as "gastritis", all he needed. Luckily he was given some antibiotics that he hoped would help.

Drew popped two of the pills as he walked out and continued on towards the know bustling airfield area men and machine where hastily moving about the area and on the side roads transporting armaments to the large aircraft hangers so the munitions could be placed inside the internal bays of the stealthy and deadly F/A-33s. Drew picked up a ride from a Sargent who was heading to a resupply hangar, since the resupply hanger was right before Drew's aircraft's hanger. The M2 8x8 slowly moved through the two lane road due to the congestion from vehicles and men and even a few women wearing there winter gear which included thicker bottoms and a hooded jacket in the color of there AFUU. This activity was unusual for just some average exercises it was similar to that of the last two conflicts if not bigger. Had they come to war with Ordia? Drew asked himself. He decided to ask the Sargent if he knew anything.

"So whats all this about?"

"Your a pilot sir, I thought you would know since your a pilot and all...There's a rumor that the Ordians are planing to invade and if so theirs talk of a massive strike we might conduct if it happens." Replied the Sargent, Who went by Sargent Eckheart.

Drew was silent for a little bit the Sarge was right he thought, He never knew or been briefed on this. "Damn, I haven't been briefed yet I guess if this is true, Why can't we all get along?"

The Sarge laughed. "where fucking human, sir".

The vehicle stopped and Drew hopped off the large machine. In front of him was a hanger full of all different kinds of aircraft technicians and mechanics, who where busily inspecting and arming the two F/A-33's, one being Drew's. Beside them were a few MULE robotics systems modified to carry aircraft munitions, Know caring air-to-missiles and long range cruise missiles. Drew know knew that this "rumor" might be true. The planes looked as if they where ready to take off at any moment. Just then Drew got a message from his earpiece.

"Briefing at Command & Control Room C... At 18:15."

Drew turned towards the Sage who was waiting for him the close the door. "Sarge, Can I get a fucking lift to Command & Control?... Somethings going down!"

The sarge smiled. "Yes, Sir!... Hop in... again."

Drew's aircraft would have to wait for a visit, this briefing must of been big. The rumor must of been right. They passed by a MEADS system before they got to the there destination. One of ten of the systems attached to the air wing. It was a quick drive to Drew's destination. When they arrived Drew hopped out of the large truck and gave a quick nod to the Sargent signifying a "thank you" before shutting the door. As Drew ran inside the Sargent turned around and drove back to the resupply hanger. Drew would soon figure out the briefing was on this so called strike that could occur if war was to break out. The rumor was not fiction.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Mizuyuki
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizuyuki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Kiriyama Fuu

"Ehh ... "

I quailed and cowered as Risa-san turned and stared straight at me, those sharp eyes of her seemingly boring its way through my being, to my very soul. Taking her silence as an unwillingness to entertain my foolish chatter, I decided to cease and desist; and turned my attentions back to my lunch. I couldn't help noticing, though, that a hollow feeling seemed to pervade my being. Was it Risa-san's abruptness in bringing my monologue to a halt? Or was it something else altogether? I couldn't tell.

Deciding not to waste my lunch period on pointless speculations, I took a bite out of my apple and stared off into space. Hardly the most profitable use for my time, but at least it was a country mile better than trying, unsuccessfully, to cheer a moody, bad-tempered Risa-san up. As I munched on my rice, I couldn't help but notice Risa-san swiping restlessly at her phone, apparently having a conversation with someone. I opted against poking my nose into her business, but I did notice her expression brighten somewhat as she stared intently at her phone.

"Oh, looks like someone's cheered her up ... wonder if it's a boyfriend of hers?"

At the thought of Risa-san going out with an attractive hunk, I had to stuff a fist into my mouth to keep from bursting into laughter. I won't deny that my curiosity was very much aroused, but I was cruelly denied the opportunity to do so, as the individual in question chose that precise moment to look up, the ghost of a smile flickering across her face as she caught me staring at her like an idiot. I felt the blood rush to my face and quickly tried to cover, averting my gaze and staring intensely at my food instead.

Risa-san, though, seemed to be in a more chatty mood than she had been at the start of the meal; while eating, she calmly answered every single question I had flung in her direction just minutes earlier. I could not help but marvel at the speed and magnitude of her mood swings.

She must have a real talent for being a thespian ...

Nibbling silently on my apple, I allowed the Electrumite development coach to go off on her own tangent as I put on a show of being a rapturous audience. I was, in fact, more interested in Risa Shigaraki the person than I was in what she had to say about training and rest days. After a bit, though, I became aware of the fact that I was gaining somewhat of a glazed-over look, and I quickly snapped myself out of my reverie by blurting out the apology that had been weighing on my mind the whole time.

"I'm so sorry for before... I know I shouldn't have... It was so rude of me. I'm a bad host, aren't I? I knew I shouldn't have shanghaied you into that kickabout ... sorry, sorry!"

Quickly getting up, I faced Risa-san and bowed deeply, keeping my eyes on the floor as I spoke, fully expecting the Electrumite to burst into a tirade of verbal abuse and furious rebukes. I had, after all, publicly humiliated her, albeit unknowingly; and I had somehow managed, though my sheer social ineptitude, to disturb her in the middle of a meal.

Risa-san's next words astonished me.

"What's done is done Fuu-san. I can't play football - that's the end of it. Though, I'm not going to accept if you ask me again, OK? Now can we just talk about training processes?"

"Ehh?"

Unconsciously, I let out an inaudible gasp - the Electrumite was letting me off the hook just like that! I had to take a moment to recollect myself, before I was able to sputter out a barely coherent response -

"O-okay! We'll do that!"

Just as the words escaped me, the faintest of sounds reached me; it sounded like it came from the general direction of the entrance to the dining room. A moment later, it struck me; it was the same sound that I'd heard when I had been elbowing my way into the room. There was someone at the door!

Quickly whirling around in my seat, I was able to spot three silhouettes against the white backdrop of the corridor outside, gesturing wildly at each other, seemingly in the middle of a stimulating conversation. I threw RIsa-san a fleeting glance, and saw her raising a finger to her lips as she whispered something.

"You better not say anything about what happened, alright Fuu? Alright? And don't say a word about my not being able to play football to save my life!"

I eagerly nodded.

"Okay, okay Risa!"
This nation has been retired.
Please direct any and all communications intended for the user behind this nation to Kirisaki.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:25 pm

Today on Collections: The Captain

What I saw from that steady gaze
And that big beard, scruffy and unshaved
Intimated to me the cities he had razed
With his gallant crew, wanting more than they had already enslaved
To their mighty will - ah, there goes the fire!
As the signal went out to attack the fort
The defenders were caught in a mighty quagmire
Of course, they weren't really the fighting sort
That pirate's comrades plundered all they wanted
Silver, gold, people, children - all were gone into the hold
Of that giant pirate ship with wealth that was flaunted
The booty that they could not keep - it was sold
Of course, that was years ago, and now
He is only the captain of a simple garbage scow
Last edited by Ceni on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:26 pm

If you looked at the man, you could have guessed his child just died. You could have guessed his home got taken over by the bank. You could have even guessed he lost his fortune. And I guess you could say all three of them were correct, to a certain extent.

Meet Daniel Cardona. The head coach of the Yttribian National Team. Felixian native. Best looking man over fifty in the year 2215 according to Yttribian magazine Revista para el Galán. And now: everyone's least favourite person in the country. All because of three matches that really screwed him over. He was agitated with the state of the team. He seems to have lost his National Team emotionally. They've become robots on the pitch, having lost the feeling of playing football. It was depressing watching the idea of sponsorship take over the players, one by one. And the respect he had earned had vanished into thin air.

Now come the press. He thought of how shitty the next couple of minutes were going to be. The flash of the camera made Cardona turn away from the press. He had that "twinkle" in his eye, which made him look like a hungover manager. The bright lights made it a struggle for him to find his seat, and when he sat, the cameras continued to flash, and flash, and flash. Cardona slammed his fist on the table, causing the plastic table that The Oaklands FA provided to collapse. First, he has to deal with a shitty crowd, and now he has to deal with a shitty table.

"Everything is going fine today," he muttered, "And not a single thing could go wrong."

The snarky comment made caught the press off guard, who chuckled a bit before being rudely interrupted by Cardona, speaking in a clear voice this time.

"Well, you pricks like bugging me to no end for sure, I can see that." His eyes pierced at every single member of the press inside the conference room, as he reset the collapsed plastic table in front of him. As he finished securing the legs of the table, he then placed his feet on top of the table, and picked up the microphone that had been laying a bit behind where the table had collapsed. He tapped the mic, hearing his chest clear on the speakers. Looking dead cold at every man, woman, and child, he was cross. "Do I have your attention now?"

The press room nodded in agreement, intrigued by what Cardona had to say.

"Now, members of the so called 'free media,' you may be wondering why I even came out here today to talk to you guys. I mean, I still think I could be using this time to, hmm...I don't know, maybe put some fuckin' sense into that team." The gasps in the room stunned even the most veteran of reporters. "And yes, I cussed in front of the entire nation, so what? Besides, there isn't a damn thing as a bad word, just a bad intention. And now, I have to deal with the sensationalized article titles of 'Cardona Viewed as Unwelcoming to Children,' or 'Level of Children Cursing in Public Skyrockets Due to Caradona,' or- you get the point. I get it. You're supposed to get pissed off with my cussing in front of the nation, when you should be really pissed at the quality of this squad right now. Get pissed off at me being a terrible coach for all I care, but don't make it about my little cuss." Journalists had ripped out paper by paper, each containing a rough draft for an article relating to this incident.

"Now, football. Who wants to ask me about that?"

Crickets were heard in the room. Everyone had become stunned by the Cardona they were seeing. He was usually mild-mannered, tempered, but boy was he extremely pissed off with how the situation had been going since the start of the second half of qualifiers. He saw no one raise their hand, and waited a moment. The clock ticking was probably the only audible thing in that press room. Cardona had grown tired with waiting for a journalist to "grow a pair, and ask me a damn question," as he would say. He was swiveling away from the press, about to get out when he sees a hand shoot up in the air. Looking over to the journalist, a twenty-something year old guy who looked like he was seventeen is eager to ask the manager a question. He sits himself back down, as the room now looks over to that young guy.

"Aren't you a little too young to be reporting on international football?" The press room filled with chuckles as Cardona was known for his wit.

"Aren't you a bit too stressed managing a National Team while PMSing?" The press room had gasped at that young man's retort. Cardona was impressed with the young kid's wit. "Plus one. Proceed."

"Ken Abelló, The Fontvieille Post. How do you feel about the recent skid within the National Team? Is it the worst that could happen in a long time?"

Cardona rubbed his eyes for a moment before running his fingers through his hair. "Depends on what you mean by 'the worst.' Sure, it's the worst thing to happen to the football team, but not the country. I mean, do any of you blokes remember that Porter Augustin fellow who ruled the country tyrannically? Yeah, I hope you haven't. But our skid is surprising the world. Congratulations to the Saint James Islands and Quebec for beating us, because it was sure as hell impressive that they played with class. The two squads were the better ones the second time around, and there is no questioning that. But how does a team like us lose against a team like The Oaklands? They literally had eleven blokes picked out of the damn stands, and we somehow got an own goal on ourselves. That is inexcusable." Every single journalist in the room was scribbling down faster than could be, they were writing the biggest post-match interview in a long time.

"You can't be the best in the world after having seen the travesty that was our game against The Oaklands. You have one own goal, and one miscalled goal that was offside. A shitty squad, shitty environment, shitty refereeing. That, my friends, is the recipe for a draw that feels just like a loss. And our team has been playing without spirit. You can be the Koby Theodore who scores a hat trick in every damn match, or the Karl Varsteeg whose tackles are smoother than butter being spread on bread. You can be like Tomoe Ishibashi, who controls the midfield with her expertise, yet I will consider you a terrible player if you do not play with soul. And that's what my team has been lacking. Hell, even Xavi has been down in the dumps with the state of the team." His cold stare stunned the press room, the cameramen recording the interview, and the millions watching around the nation.

"Look. You may have hope for this team, but in order for hope to be revitalized, you need determination. You need to be determined that one can perform at high expectations. My team has that. But in order to become a winning team, you have to have a love for the game. Which has not even been omnipresent throughout this second half of qualifiers. Ladies and gentlemen of the press, this microphone I'm holding is a pipe bomb. It doesn't know when to explode, it doesn't know if it explode, it doesn't even know where it will explode. And just like how my pipe bomb is exploding, I want the team's pipe bomb to explode. I want the team to have an explosion of energy, an explosion of soul for the game. Because in that way, and that way only, can one produce a calibre squad."

The press room was stunned with what just went on. He looked around to see the jaws of journalists having dropped, hearing pencils being dropped, sighs being taken.

"Any further questions?"

The clock continued to tick on the wall behind the journalists.

"Then that ends the conference." Cardona placed his feet back onto the ground, flipped the mic off to the side, stood up, and made his way out of the press room.
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

Mizuyuki
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizuyuki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Well, time sure does fly, doesn't it? We're on MD14 now, and with only four more MDs to go after this one, we're well and truly in the business end of the qualifiers. Many groups are beginning to take on a distinct shape, while many others remain murky ... results will be with you shortly.

MATCH DAY 14 RP CUTOFF FOR GROUPS 1-10

RESULTS
Last edited by Mizuyuki on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation has been retired.
Please direct any and all communications intended for the user behind this nation to Kirisaki.

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:17 pm

The time is near, we are on the last steps and some teams wants to aim and get some glory, and some may get that taste of glory in some time, while other teams are on risk and wants to avoid problems. Let's see your team's destiny!

MATCHDAY 14 RP CUTOFF FOR GROUPS 11-19

Music

Scores
Last edited by San Jose Guayabal on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Semarland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Semarland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:02 am

semarluundik indapadten

SEMARLAND 3-6 THE SARIAN

Semarland were defeated 6-3 last night by The Sarian in a very entertaining fixture.

Group leaders The Sarian proved early on why they were topping the Group 5 table. Turin Janssen opened the scoring on 4 minutes, after some clever play from attacking midfielder Horacio Lopez. 24 year old Crompton City midfielder Lopez was able to chip in an outstanding pass, which found Janssen, who took two touches before slotting home past Jorgen Karlstad. Janssen was on fire, scoring again on 7 minutes. Some clever play from Methuselah Meeuwessen and a great one-two with Louie Nittenpepper was all Janssen needed before he coolly slammed it past Karlstad. It was a disappointing start for Semarland, and a start not to remember. It almost mirrored Semarland's early 2-0 lead against The Sarian in the reverse fixture, which The Sarian came back and won 4-3. Perhaps the Semars would do the same? Only time could tell. And that time was Jakob Larsen, on 23 minutes, who headed home from Matur Eiriksson's corner, who, coincidently, plays his club football in The Sarian. Larsen almost got a second two minutes later, but his shot was parried away by Kasper Lorde. But The Sarian possibly put hopes of a comeback out, on the second minute of first half injury time (45+2), Jordan Lee, starting in place of Jacobo Yap, headed home from a corner by Fredrik Neur. It was a disappointing first half for the Semars, and as the second half started, two changes were made. Marco Valbuena and Rasmus Norregard came on for Jorgen Karlstad and Matur Eiriksson respectively.

The duo proved to be slightly more effective than Karlstad and Eiriksson were. Norregard halted a promising run by Horacio Lopez, and Valbuena was quick to deny two equally good shots from Sargon Garrard and Jordan Lee, as well as denying Janssen his hat trick. But Valbuena could not stop an absolute rocket from Louie Nittenpepper. Receiving the ball from Methuselah Meeuwessen on the right hand side, the 24 year old blazed an absolute piledriver from 35 yards into Valbuena's top left hand corner. It was unstoppable and Valbuena knew that. Funnily enough, 20 year old Valbeuna plays in The Sarian too, for FC Chippenham. Substitutes Marcus Horn and Benaiah Valdez also went close after that for The Sarian. But on 72 minutes, Marcus Horn was to get a fifth for The Sarian. After picking up Valdez's square ball in the penalty area, he turned and placed it beyond Valbeuna's reach. That goal kicked some life into the Semars, with Marc Lygaard pulling one back on 79 minutes. However, centre-back Ronan Michaels was to seal the game off for The Sarian, heading it home on 89 minutes. Demba Cisse grabbed a consolation on the 93rd minute, halving the deficit, but it was not enough to put the Semars back into the game. It was unfortunate as the Semars had many chances, substitute Yannick Simeone had gone close, as had Andreas Jansen, Matthias Karbruck, Mads Olsen and Yacouba Sakho. After the game, Henrik Jensen spoke very highly of The Sarian and their players, and praised them for being so near to qualification.

"They're a really, really good team." began Jensen. "To be honest, it's sort of an honour to play against them in the qualifiers. They've done so well, they've virtually sealed themselves a place in the finals. They've got such good players in every position. Turin Janssen, Methuselah Meeuwessen, Louie Nittenpepper, Horacio Lopez, goalkeeper Kasper Lorde, only to name a few. They dominated throughout the game, something that we ourselves need to try and do when we next play Lymantatia. They're a strong team too, so we need to be on our best form."

As mentioned, Semarland will next play Lymantatia, this time it will be away.

SEMARLAND: Jorgen Karlstad (Marco Valbuena HT); Matur Eiriksson (Rasmus Norregard HT), Jakob Lunds, Matthias Karburck, Eirik Malsen; Mads Olsen, Demba Cisse, Yacouba Sakho, Andreas Jansen; Marc Lygaard, Jakob Larsen (Yannick Simeone 64)
THE SARIAN: Kasper Lorde; Fredrik Neur, William Peters, Ronan Michaels, Sargon Garrard; Horacio Lopez (Marcus Horn 60), Methuselah Meeuwessen, Louie Nittenpepper, Yeriyahu Masters (Benaiah Valdez 61); Jordan Lee, Turin Janssen (Jacobo Yap 83)

(4-4-2)
GK - Jorgen KARLSTAD
LB - Matur EIRIKSSON
CB - Jakob LUNDS
CB - Matthias KARBRUCK
RB - Eirik MALSEN
LW - Mads OLSEN
CM - Demba CISSE
CM - Steffan POULSEN
RW - Andreas JANSEN (vc)
ST - Marc LYGAARD (c)
ST - Jakob LARSEN

Pre-Qualifying Friendly
Semarland 2-1 Mrevland
Pre=Qualifying Friendly
Matykland 1-3 Semarland
Matchday 1
North Britonisea 1-1 Semarland
Matchday 2
Semarland 1-2 Paradystopia
Matchday 3
Seltik 2-3 Semarland
Matchday 4
Semarland 6-2 Democratic States of Fenbar
Matchday 5
The Sarian 4-3 Semarland
Matchday 6
Semarland 1-2 Lymantatia
Matchday 7
Sameba 1-1 Semarland
Matchday 8
Bye
Matchday 9
Semarland 3-3 Red Blackiland
Mid-Qualifying Friendly
Semarland 1-1 Polaaskan
Mid-Qualifying Friendly
San José Guayabal 2-1 Semarland
Matchday 10
Semarland 3-1 North Britonisea
Matchday 11
Paradystopia 1-0 Semarland
Matchday 12
Semarland 1-0 Seltik
Matchday 13
Democratic States of Fenbar 2-4 Semarland
Matchday 14
Semarland 3-6 The Sarian
Matchday 15
Lymantatia v Semarland
Matchday 16
Semarland v Sameba
Matchday 17
Bye
Matchday 18
Red Blackiland v Semarland
Post-Qualifying Friendly
Polaaskan v Semarland
Post-Qualifying Friendly
Semarland v Dutch Semarland
The Republic of Semarland
Capital: Jansberg - Demonym: Semar/Semarlandic - Trigramme: SEM
sportsat.sem
Hosted: Trindl Cup I/II, Baptism of Fire 68
Champions: Meski Cup I, 5AS WC II, U18 WC I
<Nephara> RETURN OF Sem|Transfers THE PEOPLES' CHAMPION
<Jeck> If Sem RPs as much as he transfers, next cycle we're all screwed
<Yttribia> Sem seems like the sort of guy who'd work at Tesco's and slide his mixtape in each bag

New Drakonika (Ancient)
Attaché

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Drakonika (Ancient) » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:15 am

P1: "What the hell just happened?"

P2: "We've just come out of a nationwide blackout, the type of which I've never seen before."

P1: "Well, what type then?"

P2: "The type that kills all communication, takes the power away and freezes time, although it looks like our football team and their dedicated fans were exempt."

P3: "That's not what really happened."

P1: "Well, what happened then?"

P3: "I simply forgot to RP, haha"

*P1 and P2 facepalm*

MD5: New Drakonika 2–2 Barunia
14' Jmz Blyv
33' Jmz Blyv

MD10: New Drakonika 1–0 Stuzemstazem
17' Nthn Smnr

MD11: The Kytler Peninsulae 2–2 New Drakonika
23' Jmz Blyv
59' Mrtn Hrmsn

MD12: New Drakonika 4–1 RPGers
2' Jmz Blyv
31' Jmz Blyv
52' Jmz Blyv
74' Jmz Blyv

Focus on football had dwindled slightly in Jsnfd, as the city prepared to meet and greet some of the world's best race drivers for the Jsnfd 500km Endurance. This was even costing the 5 Jsnfd teams in the Drknkn Ftbl Lg some ticket revenue, due to the clash between the Jsnfd and one of the final matchdays of said league.

Either way, last year's champions, a team in the form of Jsnfd Rvrs were certainly in a run for their money with crosstown rivals Jsnfd Ftbl. It looked like it was going to be very close.

The national team were doing well, with Juln Mnng moving from Dntn Wndrs to FC Talahita of Super-Llamaland as the nation's first ever international transfer. This was at a cost of 5 million NSD to the Llamaneans.

Still, the league didn't even have so much as a proper rostering system, so that would need to change imminently, even if just for the Pmr Lg.

More important however, was winning as many points as they could in World Cup 70 qualifying. This, hopefully, would at least get them into the Cup of Harmony.
The Kingdom of New Drakonika
Population: 25 million | Trigramme: NDK | Tech: FanT/PMT | Football Database
IIWiki | From the user behind Nexxus Drako and Vyktory

KPB Rank:
UICA Rank:
ARFF Rank:
1st Place:
2nd Place:
3rd Place:
4th Place:

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:25 am

Kira Sallad and Jeruselem coach Jayden Bella after Jeruselem lost 5-2 to Starblaydia in Starblaydia

Kira: Oh dear, that's put the spanner in the works
Jayden: Yes, it means 6 points between us and Karditan
Kira: I don't think we were going to win this one
Jayden: Beating Starblaydia in Starblaydia is not something easy
Kira: Yeah but we got trashed
Jayden: They are a very good team

Kira: Funny thing, both Starblaydia and us are 6 points off the pace
Jayden: Nevermind, we have 16 games to play. Only problem is we have 3 left
Kira: I can't see us taking 2nd place. Starblaydia with their extra game have a chance but I don't think they can take 2nd place either.
Jayden: That would require Ko-oren and Karditan to lose games, I don't think they'll give up their places
Kira: So we're off to the Cup of Harmoney if we are invited
Jayden: Sounds like it

Kira: Jeru FC won 5-3 at home funnily
Jayden: Actually Jeru FC are only 4 points off 2nd place so they could have some chance
Kira: Given they have 4 games to play, it's not impossible as yet
Jayden: But they need the others to lose games, preferably 2 games lost
Kira: I guess they've done OK. Given their rank, they should have dropped off by now
Jayden: I guess we should have done a lot better

Kira: No one predicted Karditan to do so well
Jayden: Yes, that really put our campaign out a bit
Kira: Most would have thought it would be us or Starblaydia
Jayden: I guess even Starblaydia have to sweat it out, and hope Karditan trip over themselves
Kira: Doesn't help he have the 3rd worst defense in the group
Jayden: I guess we have to work on that problem

Kira: You might not make it to the Cup of Harmony if we get there
Jayden: Yes, I might have to stay at home for that
Kira: Worst still, they might replace you
Jayden: I haven't delivered I guess, maybe they need someone new
Kira: We nearly made it last cup
Jayden: I know, we were so close

Kira: Looks like not even close, not this time round
Jayden: Well, we weren't that far off in reality. 6 points sounds a lot but it isn't
Kira: I guess over 16 games, it isn't
Jayden: Some of those draws or losses we had against lower teams could have been the difference
Kira: We must keep on fighting, we could come close in the end
Jayden: Jeru FC are closer than us, good luck to them.

Kira: OK. What happens if Princess Amy takes your job?
Jayden: Well, good luck to her. I mean she's done a great job with those young men.
Kira: She didn't even want that Jeru FC job in the first place
Jayden: I guess it's not bad result for someone who'd prefer not to be there.
Kira: But who wants to coach Jeru FC then
Jayden: Not me, someone who has far more energy and patience than me

Kira: I hear the pay is pretty rubbish
Jayden: Where does all the money from Jeru FC go?
Kira: I don't know, but I sure don't see it in the stadium
Jayden: Sounds like someone is getting rich and it isn't the coach or players
Kira: Yes
Jayden: Well, I'm not going apply for that job
Last edited by Jeruselem on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

Greater Watford
Envoy

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Watford » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:28 am

Whereas the previous kits we showed were famous for being iconic, popular designs, the following 10 kits have the opposite effect. Whether it’s a poor colour palette, lack of design skills, outright bizarre designs, or just entirely wrong, we look at the 10 worst kits from the GWNFA and GWFA.

10. Abbots Langley FC 11BU-1BU
Asymmetrical kits cropped up in the mid 10’s BU, and some worked better than others. Abbots Langley attempted to go for an asymmetrical design using their usual colours. Unfortunately, the angular shapes didn’t prove popular, and was widely criticised. The kit was used for 2 seasons, with red shorts, but it has been consigned to the history books as one of the worst designs worn by a team.

9. Marlowes City FC 5BU-4BU
Marlowes City FC entered the league with a stylish sash shirt in 10BU. Their colour combinations seemed to be working well. Then in 5BU, someone decided to come up with the “M” design. While the idea didn’t seen too horrendous, the execution was poor. Along with making the shirt look like a photograph of some road markings, the M also occupied the back of the shirt, making the shirt names and numbers harder to read. A good concept ruined by poor execution.
8. Sporting Tudor 13BU-12BU
The beige shirt colour is distinctive, but hard to make work at times. In 13BU, Sporting Tudor’s design was considered off the mark. A newer material resulted in the kits coming out under lighting as a poor shade of beige. The black areas on the shirt also looked very haphazardly drawn on, reducing the shirt to one that was disliked by many. Some will criticise it’s inclusion in the Top 10, but the votes put it as #8 of the worst kits.
7. Stanborough FC 7BU-6BU
Yellow and white isn’t the best combination to try and work with. It has been done, and can work. However, this design by Stanborough FC fell way off the mark. It’s unknown what possessed the owners to go for that pattern on their shirt, but very few people liked it. Among the only saving graces of the shirt was that the pattern at least blended from a distance, so that it looked okay from far away. Some believe this kit insipried Stanborough to drop the white/yellow in 1AU.
6. Chiswell Green FC 9BU-7BU
Some suggest that the weird cube pattern made up of white cubes on a light green background could have worked. Some suggest that it would’ve worked if the cubes were green. Nobody suggested that green stripes with the white/light green background would ever work. The design was ridiculed when released, and a scrappy justification of trying to avoid the design being copied illegally for cheap unofficial replicas still didn’t persuade anyone. It was rated the 6th worst kit of all time, and was alarmingly used for 3 seasons.
5. Cassiobury Rangers FC 7BU-6BU
Cassiobury Rangers had decided to join the United and Eastern Alliance, and swapped light blue shirts for green shirts. Some fans were unhappy with the green, some fans preferred the green. What very few fans wanted, was this abomination of green and light blue stripes. It was considered laughable by many, and was dropped after its second season. Cassiobury reverted to a green shirt, before a light blue shirt in 1AU. The only thing saving this kit was the stripes weren’t some form of wacky design.
4. Jarman Park FC 4AU-5AU
Another kit with a bizarre pattern makes it onto the list. This kit is from the GWFA era, when many teams were looking at kits with smarter uses of colouring and trim. Jarman Park FC, known for exuberant kits anyway, tried this random pattern of blurry lines. It was original, but original isn’t always good. This was a prime example of why mixing horizontal and vertical stripes is an awful idea. The kit was replaced for 6AU, the most recent season, with Jarman Park FC appearing to go back to a more simple design.
3. Frogmore Rovers FC 3AU-4AU
A new team to the league, Frogmore Rovers FC went for a white and yellow striped shirt with black trim in 2AU, which wasn’t the most popular shirt, but wasn’t awful. Then in 3AU, they decided to put diamonds onto their shirt. Nobody had tried diamonds before, and with good reason, looking at the kit. Not only was the design awful, the colours were shocking. For some reason, the yellow background was contrasted with fluorescent yellow diamonds. The kit was laughably bad, and many couldn’t believe how outrageous the whole concept was.
2. Watford FC 9BU-8BU
Watford FC traditionally wore yellow and black. Red made its way onto the palette around 20BU. Then in 9BU, the Watford FC board made the bizarre decision to try and add white as well. It may have worked, had they not gone for an awful design to try and work with. 3 coloured broad stripes, black, red and white adorned the kit. One went up the sleeve, one down the front, and one under the arm. The kit was a laughable failure, and Watford FC wore it to a 5th place finish, which was poor by their standards. One of the worst kits ever, there is just one left considered worse.
1. Kings Langley FC 10BU-9BU
In 10BU, Kings Langley FC appeared to be undecided on whether to go for horizontal or vertical stripes. So they went with both. Cue hilarity. It’s not just the fact they went for the horizontal and vertical stripes that is so bad, it’s that the stripes were dark grey. Where they met, the stripes were black. The kit looked like a tea-towel, and in Greater Watford, a black and white dining set or kitchenware is often called a “Kings Set”. This kit is considered so bad, it is often brought up as a laughing point by many, especially as Kings Langley FC have a reputation for having a serious fanbase.
Honours:
International FireStorm V Cup Winner with Watford FC
International FireStorm VI Cup Winner with St Albans City FC

Jeru FC
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeru FC » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:02 am

Jeru FC coach Princess Amy and player ROAW after a 5-3 home win

Amy: Very good, this is what I expect ... apart from those stupid 3 goals conceded
ROAW: Jeruselem conceded 5 today
Amy: That's because that was Starblaydia at home, not some no name team no one knows about
ROAW: Oh yes
Amy: Looking at the numbers, we aren't totally out of the 2nd place yet actually.
ROAW: So there's some chance

Amy: 4 points out of 2nd place, but we need someone to be dropping points
ROAW: But we need to win all the rest
Amy: Err, yes. What did ya expect.
ROAW: Oh well
Amy: You know some of those losses and draws against weaker teams, we could have been so much closer if one or two of those could have been wins
ROAW: Yeah I know

Amy: There's no more room for errors, maximum points or we go home
ROAW: I don't want to go home
Amy: Why is that?
ROAW: When the football is over, we do our normal jobs
Amy: You mean the shit jobs no one else in the army does
ROAW: Yes, lovely work it is. NOT

Amy: Hubby calls you guys cannon fodder.
ROAW: Oh yes, he's a military men.
Amy: He says you lot shouldn't live past 30.
ROAW: That's not very reassuring
Amy: He knows what he's talking about
ROAW: We never see him

Amy: Well, I don't really see him at work either hey
ROAw: Doesn't talk much about his work?
Amy: Yes, not much. All top secret. And here is me and my little army.
ROAW: That's us
Amy: He did find that funny, I have my own little army hey
ROAW: I wouldn't call us an army

Amy: That's the joke
ROAW: We're not allowed to handle weapons
Amy: I know, I'm glad you don't
ROAW: I don't understand why
Amy: You're a bit slow
ROAW: we're not total idiots

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:03 am

Centralis Herald - Election Electrum - Liveblog

The topsy turvy joint Brandis-McCallahan government saw the alliance of conservative and libertarian ideologues create a coalition to get that majority required in parliament. Although the initial budget was unpopular, the two leaders have worked hard in rectifying those wrongs, coming back from a historic low of 25% approval rating to a combined total of 45% approval rating against the other parties. The election is as tight as ever, and it looks like to be a tossup, with minor parties expected to hold the balance of power.

A look at the previous government

Conservative Party
Leader: Jim Brandis
Deputy: James Crawford

The Conservatives went to a landslide victory last election but their margin has been quickly eroded due to hugely unpopular policies including cuts to welfare and a reversal of some anti-discrimination and racial laws. However, they have also lost some of their very own support base due to the alliance with the Liberty Party which saw a backflip on religion/evolution in school policy as well as same-sex laws. Despite that, they have slowly gained in support once again, as a smear campaign against the other parties slowly becomes realised. Brandis is a charismatic leader, but has been constantly run over by these factors, and will need to stay resilient to fend off the other parties.

Liberty Party
Leader: Jane McCallahan
Deputy: Ilaria Salvay

The Liberty Party seemed to get most of their way in their term, being the junior partner in the coalition meant that their support was crucial for legislation to pass through. As a result, the Conservatives had no choice but to follow whatever the Liberty Party wanted, and for pushing their program through, their vote has actually increased. In recent times, it has also gained support from both sides of politics and are expected to get one of their best elections yet. Jane McCallahan has experience in the business world and her connections have gained her a lot of political donations and support from the business community - whether big or small.

Onto the live blog...

0900: It's a good day for democracy as thousands show up at the voting booths for this election. It's going to be a close one, and a government consisting of a coalition will almost certainly be formed. What's doubtful is the exact composition of parties, with the collapse of the Conservative's support being a major factor.

0902: Due to the electoral voting system, which sees provincial senate seats have up to and over a hundred candidates, voters may vote '1' next to the party they prefer the most, and avoid numbering all a hundred or so boxes. This year, magnifying glasses and double layered voting slips have been issued to voters, to make voting for the right candidate easier. If you are crazy enough to attempt numbering all the boxes from 1-100 all by yourself, then good luck.

0930: Conservative leader Jim Brandis is doing some last-minute campaigning in the marginal seats of Prescott, which are at risk at falling to the Labour Party. He is expected to jet back to Centralis to vote in his own seat later today.

0933: Meanwhile, Green Society President Marco Lombardi spends the day dancing naked with the Kale Island tribes. He is expected to strengthen his vote there, to protect the rights of these strange looking Margaret-worshippers.

1024: The barbecues are sizzling up as the traditional hot dogs and fairy floss are handed out at polling locations across this great nation.

1031: A surprising alliance formed between the Party! Party! Party! and the Surprise Party, with the two leaders kissing each other on the cheek while at a local polling booth in down town Port Grenville. Meanwhile, in an electoral first, the mines themselves contain a polling booth to the north of Auron. The world's deepest polling centre is 2km below sea level. It's a dusty place, but it just goes to show how democracy works it's way everywhere across Electrum.

1046: Of course, the election is not all that's being voted for today. Local ordinances, council elections and citizen-initiated referenda are all taking place today as well. The government that forms as a result of the election will need to consider these citizen-initiated laws, and will have to abide with what they say. That is an important part to our democracy.

1130: Well.. that was awkward. Jane McCallahan and Jim Brandis accidentally run into each other while aggressively campaigning for their respective parties in Prescott. Although they are coalition leaders, these seats are a toss up. They had an awkward handshake and a smile before leaving, both of them evidently in disgust with each other, even though their parties are in coalition.

1149: The seat of Centralis Central is being hotly contested, and is a race between the Labour Party and the Green Society. This motley electorate consists of elderly businessfolk, middle class families and alternative hipsters. It's a race for the votes and things are getting intense.

1201: Word of a brawl has gone out in Agri, Deltan whereby volunteers from the five major parties (Conservatives, Liberty, Labour, Green, Family) are in a boxing ring for a free-for-all. A lot of voters there are promising to vote for the victor of this strange boxing match. Apparently, the Family volunteer is in the lead, having sky uppercutted the Green volunteer.

1205: Family fetes and fun days are still being held in schools across the nation -- an election provides an important opportunity for schools to fund raise important infrastructure and other projects for the year. That's why they were in huge support of citizen-referenda, which leads to more voting and therefore more fundraising.

1217: Labour party leader Cynthia Suarez holds a rally in Centralis, attracting thousands of people. She outlines her positive planning policies for the future -- which I'm sure you're aware of as well, with her constant stream of ads on television and internet. Is it annoying or is it effective? Only time will tell when polls close at 6pm.

1322: The Independence Movement, the drive to push out long-standing candidates and parties from extremely safe seats looks to be interesting. They could put a spanner in the works for several parties, as they push a new and invigorating outlook on these seats. They are preferenced by all the major parties, and we could see some fireworks tonight, should they have enough votes to reach second or third place.

1346: Jim Brandis arrives in Centralis, so he can vote in his extremely safe seat of Bell Beaches. Too bad the Independence Movement isn't competing in this seat though.

1359: There have been some complaints about the sheer size of the Provincial Senate paper. As we told you before in out post at 0902, just put the number one above the line to vote with your party. Only a fool, or those who are politically active should number all hundred or so boxes sequentially. But I must say, blind voters have it tougher. The ballot paper must be recited to them before they can vote. Imagine being a polling official with that job. Ouch.

1420: The two polar opposite parties, the Family Principles and the Green Society parties are still at it with each others throats. Their respective leaders, Madeline Wright and Marco Lombardi have been arguing with each other on twitter - and still are, even on election day. The following update will show you our favourite tweet.

1421: Wright: Do you want a bunch of pot smoking hippies in parliament? If not, then you better not vote Greens.

1422: Lombardi: You know those prudes at the swimming pool who always cover up! Yeah, that's them! Meanwhile I'm here, dancing naked with the natives.

1428: Minister for Sports, the Arts and Culture, Rosalind Corby who is retiring, after years of service for the Liberty Party thanks her constituents for the support they have given her. She has been instrumental in the success of sports in Electrum, including Electrum Football (and their recent World Cup campaign, where they are in with a chance for a playoff spot), Lacrosse, the hosting of Rugby, Basketball and Tennis tournaments as well as the establishment of two units to combat drugs and matchfixing.

1536: A story in West Melham, a marginal booth in the marginal seat of Fairway in the west of country has emerged. Conservative polling booth volunteer was seen spending the day talking to the Labour and Greens volunteers and lecturing them of the days of yore, when he received word that his brother died of old age. The other two volunteers have distributed his how-to-vote cards as well as their own. A sign of friendship at the local level between parties. If only they could act nicely to each other in parliament.

1548: Speaking of how-to-vote cards, you do not need to follow them. Your preferences are important, not the parties. So, tell the volunteers to reuse their paper for someone else; you won't need it today.

1620: If you haven't voted yet, you should now. There's only 1 hour and 40 minutes left. When polls close, we will reveal the outcome of our exit poll. Then, we bring you to the tally count, published at the National Tally Room in Centralis.

1657: Early voting results have come in for processing as this is being written. A record 15% of votes have already being cast, and will be crucial towards the outcome of the election.

1731: Everyone, especially the volunteers, are getting weary -- and so they should. Thirty minutes remain, and frantic campaigning continues onwards. The volunteers have a long day, and we would like to thank them for their hard work and dedication to the people they represent. After this, they have a quick dinner and go onto scrutinising the votes.

1800: That's it. Polls close. Onto our exit poll with the projected primary vote--
CP Estimated vote: 28%, down from 41%
LibP Estimated vote: 17%, up from 12%
LabP Estimated vote: 40%, up from 31%
FPP Estimated vote: 3%, down from 5%
GS Estimated vote: 5%, constant from 5%
IM Estimated vote: 3%, newly established
Others Estimated Vote: 4%, down from 6%

CP- Conservative Party
LibP - Liberty Party
LabP - Labour Party
FPP - Family Principles Party
GS - Greens Society
IM - Independence Movement
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:12 am

(OOC: And it's time for the return of the oft-delayed Payday RP series, courtesy of Abanhfleft! Once again, this is a swearing-heavy series. Enjoy at your own risk.)

Part One
Part Two

Payday, Part Three

First National Bank of Abanhfleft
Riuwiee, Abanhfleft

It was just another day for the employees and clients of the First National Bank of Abanhfleft. Same shit, different day, for those who were less literarily-inclined. There were a few queues in front of the building when the manager finally arrived to open the doors of the establishment, and the customers silently filed into the bank after the cashiers and the accountants and the security guards. It was just another day in the office. So when four more people entered the bank, nobody really paid them any attention. And nobody noticed when these four people, three women and one man, silently knocked out the guards and locked the doors of the bank once again.

When they made their grand entrance into the bank's lobby, they looked like they were planning to make a big withdrawal--from everyone's bank accounts, not just their own. They were well-dressed, but over their suits and slacks were tactical combat vests, the sort one would see on soldiers. They were also all heavily armed. The lone guy in the group, who also appeared to be the leader, was dressed like one of Al Capone's gangsters, down to the fedora and the Tommy gun with drum magazine. The only thing that set him apart from the gangsters of old was the mask covering his face, the tactical vest protecting his chest and back, and the fact that his skin was of a much darker tone than that of the "old-timers."

The man fired his Thompson into the air, and chips of concrete and plaster rained down from the ceiling after it was hit by dozens of bullets. "This is a robbery!" he declared, which was itself a redundant act. Everyone with half a brain knew what people with guns and masks wanted to do in banks. "Everyone down on the ground now! But there is no need to panic, people. We're not gonna use these guns on you, not unless we really have to. Just don't try to be a hero, and no one will get harmed." The people inside the bank, from the clients to the employees, quickly laid themselves down on the floor.

"You, get that vault ready," the man ordered one of the women, the one wearing the black blouse and matching miniskirt and wielding the Uzi with the C-Mag. She ran over to the bank counters and pointed the barrel of her Uzi at the nearest cashier. "Open the door!" she commanded. "Open it! You got three seconds! One!" She flicked the gun's selector to the "full-auto" position. "Two!" She put her finger on the trigger!"

"Here! Here! It's open!" the manager yelled out, opening the heavy steel door that led to the basement housing the bank vault itself. Miniskirt rushed into the employees' side of the counters, jumped onto a table, and waved her Uzi around. "Everybody down!" she shouted. "Even you!" she told the manager, poking the barrel of her Uzi into the manager's chest. "Yes, yes, right away," he blubbered, laying down on the ground.

"You two," the leader told the two remaining women, "grab the thermal drill and get it here."

"Wait a minute," one of the women, the one wearing the white pantsuit and wielding the AK-47 with drum magazine, said. "You're the guy. Why don't you get the thermal drill yourself?"

"Really?" Gangster turned to face White Pantsuit. "You're going to go preach to the choir about feminism right here right now, when we're trying to rob the bank? Something's fucking wrong with your brain, bitch!"

"What the fuck are you supposed to do, then?" White Pantsuit shot back. "And who said you were gonna be the leader?"

"I'm the one that cooked up this plan, that's why," Gangster almost shouted. "And I'm gonna stay here and watch the hostages!"

"Bastard," White Pantsuit muttered, but still she and the other woman went to retrieve the thermal drill. When they came back a few minutes later carrying a big, bulky, and heavy orange bag, Gangster took the end of the bag being held up by White Pantsuit and said, "Since you don't like doing some heavy lifting, you might as well just watch the kids."

"Why thank you, asshole," White Pantsuit replied with dripping sarcasm, but nevertheless she took the AK-47 from her back and pointed it at the prone hostages.

"How long did he say this was gonna take again?" Gangster asked Black Pantsuit, the woman helping him carry the thermal drill to the bank vault. Her pantsuit was almost an exact copy of White Pantsuit's, except obviously it was black and not white. And her weapon was an M4, with a hundred-round C-Mag.

"I can't even remember," Black Pantsuit replied. "Definitely long enough for the cops to arrive."

"Don't worry about the cops," Gangster replied. "We've gone over the plan numerous times before. We'll make it out of here with enough cash to set us up for the rest of our lives. All four of us."

A few minutes later, the thermal drill was now assembled, and chewing away at the steel-titanium alloy making up the bank vault's door. While the rest of the gang walked around the bank generally keeping an eye on the hostages, White Pantsuit happened to take a look outside the bank. "Guys, the cops are here already," she said.

"Don't worry about them," Gangster shouted back. "We'll deal with them when we have to. Right now, I'm just worried about the fucking thermal drill."

"Hey, guys, I think the thermal drill's jammed!" Miniskirt shouted.

"Then unjam it!" Gangster shouted at her.

"Damn it," Miniskirt muttered. "No funny moves!" she shouted at the employees, brandishing her Uzi for effect, before heading down to the vault to unjam the thermal drill. Just then, one of the many telephones inside the bank rang. "Where the hell's that coming from?" Gangster shouted. "Somebody better answer it before I shoot it to death!" Black Pantsuit tried at least six phones before finally getting lucky. "Over here!"

Gangster walked over to where Black Pantsuit was and took the phone from her hand. "Look, we all know how this goes," he told the negotiator he was sure was at the other end of the line. "You want to know what we want, we tell you what we want, you tell us what we want is gonna take some time getting, you're gonna want us to release some hostages in the meantime, and then you're finally gonna come charging in here with your SWAT. First off, we only want the money in the bank. Nothing more, nothing less. And we don't even care about holding hostages. In fact, two of my mates are gonna let four of our hostages go right now." Gangster put the phone down before the person at the other end could even speak. "Hey!" he told White Pantsuit. "Get the first four fools you can, and get them out of here!" He turned towards Black Pantsuit. "Help her!"

"The drill's going again," Miniskirt told Gangster once she had come out of the basement. "Should be just five to ten minutes now."

"Good," Gangster replied. "I just bought us some time by giving up some hostages. That should last us enough." Then the two of them heard a mysterious sputtering. "What the hell is that?" Gangster asked.

"Fuck! The drill's jammed again!" Miniskirt ran back to the basement to fix the thermal drill yet again.

Eleven minutes later, Miniskirt exclaimed, "We're through!"

"All right, everybody grab the bags, and take turns in filling 'em up!" Gangster ordered. Once all of them had filled up the bags with as much cash as they could stuff in them, they ran over to positions just behind the doors of the bank. "They've got SWAT with them out there now," White Pantsuit said. "And don't forget the media."

"Yech," Gangster muttered. "They've got the works with them. Pistols, MP5s, M16s, everything. But at least we got something they don't." He took out a long tube from the backpack on his back, and then he took a thinner tubelike object from the pack and stuck it into the first tube. He lifted the tube to his shoulder, and then he turned to his partners-in-crime and said, "Open the doors."

Once the doors swung open, Gangster aimed the tube on one of the police cars parked in front of the bank, shouted, "Say hello to my little friend!" and pulled the trigger. The rocket-propelled grenade burst out of its launcher, and flew a true and sure path towards the police car. Said car went up into the air, flames eating up its rear, as the many policemen surrounding the bank scattered. And then followed the gunshots.
----------
...oh, and this just in: four heavily armed robbers have stormed the First National Bank in Riuwiee and are currently holding everyone inside hostage. And now we're getting as-yet unconfirmed reports that the robbers have released four of their hostages. We'll tell you more about this story as it unfolds. And now, onto sports. Abanhfleft triumphed over lowly Ramosverg once again, and although the Revolutionaries weren't able to repeat their performance in the Stadion de December 27 in Imgortur in Ramosverg's home ground, they were still able to take the three points from their opponents, thanks to a late second-half goal from Adelaide Singh...
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:28 am

Much like the wizards in Harry Potter, the wizards in The Sarian will never be known to those pesky muggles. Setting up some backstory for the Quidditch World Cup.

The Stonewood Academy of Magic was established is 1307 AD by it's four founding fathers - Mertan Lestergott, Harold Goelyn, Folk Boremtree and Kalum Yronharth. The school, originally named the Stonewood Institute has evolved in it's nearly nine hundred year history, and teaches young Warlocks from across The Sarian on its Castle on the Oakhurst Plains.

Upon entering the academy, new entrants are sorted into their houses by entering the castle by one of four doors, which people are drawn to by ancient magic. The four houses are named after their founders, and over time have grown to attract certain personality types.

Lestergott is known for it's bravery, honour and loyalty. They are the protectors among the students, while lacking leadership abilities and often at times, empathy, the House has a reputation of good and many former students can be found in the Magical Law Enforcement division of The Sarian Council of Warlocks. Lestergott House is represented by the wolf and it's house colour is blue.

Goelyn House has a reputation for being the kindest and most accepting house. While not known for natural intellect, they are the hardest workers and have produced the highest number of Supreme Warlocks than any other house. It is a common misconception of Goelyn that they are a house for people who have no other house - Goelyn is the least populous house in the school. The house mascot is the lamb while its house colour is light green.

Members of Boremtree House are the leaders and the show-boaters in the Academy. Members of Boremtree see a challenge as something to be surmounted and can sometimes be impatient is the same mistake is made twice. A bear rampant on a field of red is the symbol for Boremtree.

The final house is Yronharth, who are the undisputed geniuses of the academy. However, they are also known for being sly and cunning and often use their intelligence to benefit themselves and only themselves. That is not to say Yronharth is an 'evil' house, it has been responsible for a number of advancements in the wizarding world and Kallum Yronharth was the first founder to begin work on the institute.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:31 am

Not so long, Kurtis Quinn had felt like a hero. Now, he knew what it felt like to be the villain.
It had all seemed so simple, but it was blooper reel material. On as a fresh substitute for Rowland to try and inject something into the match, a fresh set of legs to break a stalemate against Quebec that, while good enough, wasn't exactly comfortable.
He thought he could make an early breakthrough. Markus Rhein of Slateport hit a cross early and high, knowing Quinn's turn of pace and stunning leap. And Quinn got to it at the far post, outpaced Varsteeg to go in unmarked, rose gloriously...
... headed it against the post from point-blank range, momentum sending him slamming into the upright before crumpling to the ground.
The physios raced on - of course. Always close at hand, and besides there were suspicions Jacqui Sutherton might just nurse a touch of a crush for him. Which would be... slightly off-putting, since she was 33 years old, but right now the Treason striker's thoughts were focused on the fact that he'd just missed an utter sitter.
Oh, and his leg hurt, but that could wait.
Eventually, the physios said he was good to continue - which he did. But his impact was close to nonexistant, and the game played out nil-all.

Hadrian Belfast felt satisfied enough as he'd entered the tunnel. Fortin hadn't gotten past him, and Conavacio hadn't bitten him. He'd done his job. Both sides had had chances, of course, Quebec with more and Nephara with better, but really a draw was a fair result. It was just about good enough for the Cormorants, too. The team knew they were allowed precisely one slip, and if it was happening anywhere it would be happening here. As long as they didn't lose to the Reapers, they were okay.
And they hadn't, so that was that.
He looked over the squad. Aidan Martyn had taken one look at Conevacio, declined to swap shirts, and paced down the tunnel - he'd come on for the tiring Marlowe on 70 minutes, and done well. Brandon had done stunningly, and was probably going to be Man of the Match, and both Murdoch and Penrith had done their parts. Stocki, Rhein... both had done well in defence and, to a lesser extent, attack, but had mostly had their hands full in their own third. Locke had had a bit of an off-game, Cathar hadn't made the best of his chances.
And Kurtis Quinn...
The captain couldn't really remember talking to the cheerful Treasoner much. After all, he spent most of most matches on the bench, and when he was on the pitch was generally, well, on the other side. Still, he was a talkative sort on the team bus, and clubhouse, and canteen, and pub. Pretty much anywhere, really. He seemed like a nice enough lad. Plucky.
Yeah, well... right now he looked like he'd been through hell. And maybe he had - Belfast hadn't had the greatest view of it, but it looked like he'd had a bad miss. And then the physios had come on. Whatever the reason, his shoulders were slumped, his feet trudging... he did swap a shirt with Carlos Ferrari, but it was almost an afterthought.
Belfast handed his own shirt to Fortin (to much whistling from the crowd) and draped Fortin's over one shoulder, before hustling over to the downcast centreforward. "Oi, mate."
Quinn glanced back. "Mm?"
"You right? You don't look it."
"... Eh."
"Right. One of those games, huh."
"Mm."
"Don't worry about it, kid. These things happen."
A grunt.
Belfast decided to switch tack. "People are very impressed by you, y'know. Popping up from basically nowhere to be top scorer in the league, a callup to the national team, a brace on your debut against Brenecia... you've done well for yourself. One bad game won't change that."
"It was a fucking ridiculous miss. I hit the far post and smashed into it after the header."
Belfast paused. "... Well, okay, yeah. That kind of thing happens. But don't beat yourself up about it - you'll have plenty of chances to make it up. C'mon - I'll buy you a drink after debriefing."
Quinn nodded steadily, and kept on his way down the tunnel. Belfast breathed a sigh of relief - these fucking confidence strikers, man...
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:15 am

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Ancap The Difference

The Eagles were left wanting more after only securing a 1-0 win against Quakmybush as the race for top spot continues to tighten up. Kane Ancap netted his sixth goal of the campaign in the 65th minute but he would be disappointed as his poor accuracy meant he failed to score anymore.

Both sides knew were at stake at the start of the match and it was with this determination that both sides took the game to their opponents. Although the Eagles started to take control it was Quakmybush who almost opened the scoring, the ball was crossed in from the left wing directly to the Quakmybush striker and while he swung his boot and solidly hit the ball it smashed into the crossbar and back into play. It was Quakmybush’s forwards that continued to prove a handful for the Blouman defence esepically Hamish Alpin. Alpin collided with the forward with the Quakmybush players appealing for a penalty and while Alpin ended up with a yellow Quakmybush was given a free kick which was wasted after being caught comfortably by Milton Tuneson. The Eagles meanwhile created their own chances with Kane Harrison and Blaine Cooperson having shots. Harrison’s was knocked across the face of goal while a mishit from Cooperson saw the ball spin away from goal. Ancap had an opportunity late in the half but he scuffed it as the ball harmlessly went out. He had another chance minutes later as a corner kick from Percy Baser went deep in the box but his lob saw the ball fly high.

The Eagles picked up where they left off in the second half creating chance after chance. An error from the Quakmybush winger allowed Easton to race down the left side and cross it into the six yard box but the finishing from Ancap was poor. Meanwhile some passing amongst the Eagles gave Cooperson the chance he needed but was saved by the keeper. Ancap then poked another effort narrowly wide before breaking the stalemate from eight yards out. Baser and Steven Mallard engineered the chance leaving Ancap to direct the ball goalwards giving the Eagles the lead. Quakmybush was not as strong as the first half failing to be as big of threat in front of goal, although Tuneson did have to stretch once to parry a shot over the bar. The Eagles continued to try and finish the game with Ancap and Cooperson having a few more shots but a combination of their poor finishing and the Quakmybush keeper ensured they won’t given that chance.

The win closes the gap between the Eagles and top spot now down to four points behind Brenecia who took the lead after beating Daritii 3-0. A scoreless draw between Apox and Queer Poco has also helped tighten the group as tensions in the team camps of the five teams in the running continue to rise. The Eagles will be welcoming Brenecia to Stadium Bloumany in the next match, Brenecia beat the Eagles 5-3 last time they played and having gone the entire qualifiers without losing will be confident they can repeat the effort. Meanwhile the Eagles will be looking for revenge while also aware that a loss would see them fall seven points behind top spot and potentially out of contention.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:36 am

Dragonflies Progress Report

Even in turbulent times, the Dragonflies grabbed first place in Group 10. Karditan is one point away, Starblaydia and Jeruselem both are seven points away. All teams play another three games, except the Purple Peril, who have a game in hand. Of all other teams, only Sakhalin has a theoretic chance to reach the playoffs, as they have four games to go and are 12 points behind Karditan. But instead of focusing on other teams today, let's take a look at our own.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that Ko-oren has had more distractions this cycle than any other - and that's taking Rilasthaunden's arrest a few years ago into account. This cycle, Rilasthaunden has been arrested again, and while we're waiting for more news, Erik Koning has taken over. That said, Koning has been in charge for just two matches so far, but the general staff (including attack, defence, transition, stamina and medical staf) has aided the team anyway. So instead of saying that the staff has had no influence over the team at all, here's how they still stood by the team:

Offence
Coach in charge: Yekatarina Nikitin
Scoring a little over two goals per game on average, the offence is looking... as efficient as always. This team never tried to run up the score, but when they do (4-0 win over Schiavonia), they look scary. The fact that there are just three strikers on the team in its entirety is proof enough that offence is not a priority for this team. Biggest plus of this cycle: two out of three strikers have secured decent contracts in foreign leagues: Leroux has been signed by Jelle FC in the upcoming market of Estenia, while good old San Jose Guayabal's Atlético Militar Marte picked up Chuluun. Only Sutherland is left in the KNL, but he's with Aubury United, so he's probably good the way he is.

Defence
Coach in charge: Giullaume Riou (and Kwang-Sun Song for goalkeepers)
A+, obviously. Six goals conceded in 13 games, so less than one per two games. And that's with Polkopia and Karditan scoring twice in one game. Polkopia is a plague to our defence for some reason, with three goals total in their two games against us. Anyhow, the back five need a couple good days if they want to match the statistics of last cycle (5 goals in 14 matches, or 0,35 goal per game, versus 0,46 now). The biggest improvement of this cycle versus the last is the emergence of a new, true captain: after Sobek Dehenat's leave, Katherine Davenport seems to step up. She's 24, and that means that she still should be good for another 10 years if nothing strange happens!

Transition
Coach in charge: Sofia Cabral
Well, with the majority of the Greenblue goals coming from counterattacks, we can conclude that transition is still good. And why wouldn't it? The players are used to the system, but it's not leading to more goals. Ko-oren is used to about 2 goals per game, and it's 1,61. Whether that's a transition thing or an offence thing is the debate though, but we're guessing it's also because of the strength of schedule: Karditan, Starblaydia and Jeruselem in one group with us is decidedly stronger than Svengarda, Zenic and the Crystal Empire as main opponents.

Medical and Fitness
No issues here. Dragonflies don't walk that much anyway, with the defensive stance. The team has avoided any major injury, so that's a good thing for the national team and for their club teams, who now don't have to go without a star player.

Individual
Davenport and Bagaurunir (though the latter is not a starter) are showing leadership. The three strikers show that they can all score but also wait for their chance, as they have to share playing time. Enshadilsa is still a solid choice as a goalkeeper, but the other two goalkeepers are maybe not developing as quickly as anyone hoped. Then again, they are 21 and 22 years old. Furthermore, the defence is looking very strong, while the others are not looking as solid: Heilyn and Nascimento were envisioned to start in midfield, but they have been replaced with Bagaurunir and Kawano from time to time. In attacking midfield, Wakefield and Eregrent are doing what they must, but they lack perseverance to break through lines. Unfortunately, Idrasil and Millet don't do the job either.

Remaining Schedule
Karditan, Sakhalin and Starblaydia. And a bye round, which is the first match day coming up. Not the best of schedules to end the group stage with, but a win over Karditan should be enough to secure first place, and a tie means that we can't screw up against Starblaydia on day 18.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:52 am

Lord Almighty Gregory declares Valladares game "Must-See"

Lord Almighty Gregory has declared the World Cup qualifying match against Valladares "must-see TV" for everyone in Gregoryisgodistan. With the exception of the people with tickets to the game, who will be required to attend in person, everyone in Gregoryisgodistan must watch the game on their TV in its entirety. They may not even get up to go to the bathroom, although they are permitted to do so during halftime. Even emergency personnel will be required to watch the game, with the exception of police whose job it is to enforce the mandatory viewing. Of course, if your house does catch fire during the game or you have some other emergency, you must watch the game anyway and not evacuate or go to a hospital, so it doesn't really matter about the emergency personnel.

In a televised speech on the matter, Lord Almighty Gregory said "This Valladares match is the biggest one for us of this World Cup Qualifying cycle. If we win, we are in a good position to advance to the playoffs since Sargossa and Furellum still have to play the Valladars and will probably lose. We are currently up a point on Sargossa but they have a game in hand, so if we both win out, or if we both win every game except the one against Valladares, which we both lose, then Sargossa will go through and not us. Therefore, we need to beat Valladares and we need Sargossa to lose to them, or at least for Sargossa to draw with them. Our Foot Slaves team has many big wins in the past. We defeated The Archregimancy during the last Cup of Harmony, and had previously defeated them a couple cycles ago in World Cup qualifying. We are the home team against Valladares. We can win this thing. I know we can. It would be an upset, but we are capable of pulling it off since the Foot Slaves are well-known throughout the sporting multiverse for pulling off shockers. It is clearly because they represent the only nation in the multiverse led by God himself. I am the Lord Your God and I will personally ensure the Foot Slaves win tonight. While it would be wrong to directly intervene in my role as deity, since that would be match fixing, I will guide the Foot Slaves through their inner power to win. Perhaps after that the whole world will recognize me as God Almighty and as the One True Lord of the multiverse.

"For now, the whole nation must watch this game as one, cheering on the Foot Slaves to victory. When the national anthem is played, we must stand and sing as one proud nation. We must sing the whole national anthem, from start to finish, for it is a praise of me, the One True Lord. We must cheer and chant whenever we score a goal and boo if we concede one. We must heckle and threaten the referee when he makes a bad call against our team. We must reward him when he makes one in our favor. Bad calls against us are an insult to me, the True Lord, and I can assure you that if the refs make too many and it costs our team the game, they will not make it out of here alive. But for now, let us just worry about winning. Go Foot Slaves!"

Plumbing Expert Warns About Potential Damage to Sewer System

Plumbing Instructor S9DF9SDJ, Chairman of the Plumber Training Department at the Gregoryisgodistan Vocational School, has warned about potential damage to the system of pipes and sewers in Gregoryisgodistan in advance of tonight's game. "Due to the fact that nobody is allowed to go to the bathroom during the game, but may go during halftime, there will likely be a rush of people to the bathroom as soon as the first half whistle blows," Plumbing Instructor S9DF9SDJ said. "This will cause them all to finish their business at around the same time, and flush the toilet within a few seconds of each other. The stress on the system of pipes and sewers caused by 75 million toilets flushing nearly simultaneously will be enormous and could cause major damage. It could cause an overload on the pipes, which could cause some of them to burst. At best, this will lead to a contaminated water supply, which isn't that much of a problem since drinking water is banned anyway and people must drink prune juice. However, at worst, this will cut off all forms of water to millions of Gregoryisgodistanis, preventing them from doing legal things with it such as flushing toilets or washing hands. Of course, showering is a capital crime in Gregoryisgodistan, so they would not be able to do that anyway, but government VIPs will be affected just as much as commoners in this since they use the same water supply. It could cost billions of greggygodbucks and weeks and weeks of time to repair this. That being said, if this is what Lord Almighty Gregory has willed, then it must be done and I do not question his wisdom. He is wiser than any man or woman to ever walk this Earth. If he decides the potential pipe catastrophe is worth it so that everybody is watching this historic game, then that is what God has willed. After all, Lord Almighty Gregory is God and I must not question his decisions. I too will be watching the Foot Slaves tonight, cheering them on like everyone else. I just hope the plumbing system is still intact at the end of it."
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:47 am

News Magazine

"Lord Almighty" Gregory is an Omni-Ignorant Fraud
by: Reino Kulseth

Apparently, some Gregoryistani slave named "Plumbing Instructor S9DF9SDJ," which has to be one of the most ridiculous names I have ever heard in my life, has warned that the most recent orders from his false god, Gregory the Lunatic, will result in the collapse of Gregoryistan's (OOC: Gregoryisgodistan, obviously) plumbing system. That isn't all that surprising, since the Lunatic has decided that every single person in Gregoryistan must watch their entire soccer match against Valladares and cannot even utilize the restroom, except during halftime. This will, predictably, result in a rush to the restroom at halftime and in the nation's plumbing system being overwhelmed. This will leave his entire nation without safe drinking water.

Then again, maybe the self-proclaimed "god" will soon have to drink his own prune juice, which is undoubtedly laced with all kinds of nasty mind-altering drugs, rather than water. That would serve him right, since he is a scumbag who deserves to receive an overdose of that disgusting stuff. So, maybe some good will come out of the false god's ignorance of the True Science that God the Father of Iesus Christus created. I mean, he's even more ignorant than those secular "scientists" who think that we suddenly, magically, evolved from monkeys! Even the morons that are stupid enough to believe patent nonsense like the Magic Monkey Theory that are smart enough to know that plumbing has its limits. I mean, come on, even Gregory the Lunatic's own plumbing instructor knows that this isn't a good idea!

Now, this shows several things. Firstly, if Gregory the Lunatic is the "god" that he claims to be, then he would use his powers to prevent his nation's sewers from falling apart. Secondly, if he was actually "god," wouldn't he have enough decency not to allow the homes of his loyal followers to be set on fire while they are following his orders to watch that soccer match? The entire situation here is absurd and is yet more evidence that this man is simply a fraud who ought to be fired into the nearest star for all of the evil things that he has done.

Then again, maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on the Gregoryistanis, for most of the multiverse also denies the Undeniable. Most of the multiverse fails to acknowledge, even when presented with overwhelming proof, that Iesus Christus has Arisen from the Dead, that He is our Savior who Died for our Sins and that the True Church is just that, the One True Church of the One True God and the One True Messiah. There is no salvation except through Iesus Christus and there is no peace and no truth except through the True Church. When will those stubborn unbelievers get that through their thick skulls? I can only pray, for their sake, that they embrace God's Truth soon, for the End of Days will soon be upon us and all those that are not right with the Lord will burn for eternity in the Fires of Infernus! The urgency has never been greater. If you care about your eternal soul, you absolutely must join the True Church and you absolutely must join today! Your quality of life after death depends upon it...

Reino Kulseth is currently the only Consul of the Holy Republican Empire. Consul Kulseth is a devout member of the True Church of Iesus Christus in good standing and the leader of the Holy Party. He was elected Consul last year, in the most shocking Consul election outcome in the history of our glorious Imperial Federation, putting an end to the chaos that reigned in Republica following the deaths of Consuls Savard and Piazza. Consul Kulseth, like his predecessor Consul Piazza, will be an occasional opinion columnist for News Magazine
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Furellum
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Furellum » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:09 am

Yuri looked at the flickering television screen. It was a luxury, a rare treasure. While televisions, like many human innovations, may have found its way into Furellum at some point, most were stopped by a simple lack of two things: a people's will, and a source of power. The people of Furellum had decide that they had got along fine with their magic for millennia, and that would be enough for them. Because of this, there were no power stations in Furellum, no source of electricity at all. Until Yuri had had powerpoints installed in the Administrator's Palace. Hooked up to a generator in the basement, it was just enough to power the television and a few lamps, but it was still more electricity than in the whole of Greater Furellum.

Yuri was watching the football. Specifically, Furellum taking on Leaden on the road. The Furelese team were showing some good form, and had were dominating the possession. No goals yet, but there was still time. 70 minutes left, in fact. And there were still seventy minutes left when Volund Dragos tried a long distance shot from the wing. It looked to be sailing across the face of goal as it flew past the keeper, but Ezra Szczelaszcyk came charging in to deflect it home off his left footpaw.

38 minutes later, Furellum had another thanks to Leopold Pavletic. He was a talented footballer, Yuri thought. Of course, Yuri had hand picked Leopold for the national team. It was unusual for a cat to be favoured by the Corvidae of Furellum, but Leopold was a party member. He was a liberator, one of the men who'd fought alongside Yuri on that great night when they'd stormed the Plotzo Arcanus and taking the country before dawn. Pavletic had remained loyal to the cause, and had worked his way up the ranks of the PP to commander. Yuri found it invaluable, having a member of his own personal guard inside the national football team. It ensured loyalty and commitment amongst the team, and eliminated any dissent or talk of other ideologies. Leopold watched the team, Leopold noted anything concerning, and Leopold reported to his superiors. It was a tidy little system, and the best part was that he was also a good footballer. As he showed with his goal in Leaden, giving Furellum a tidy two goal lead they could sit on until the final whistle. Which is exactly what they did.

Yuri did some quick calculations, and smiled. According to his maths, and taking into account all the other games, Furellum were now one point behind Sargossa, and two behind Gregoryisgodistan. The latter had still to sit their bye, so their was still every chance for Furellum to steal second place. Potentially even first, but admittedly that was unlikely with Valladares sitting eight points above them. The group leaders had only dropped one game so far, and drawn one - a good result by any team's standard. Furellum had more modest results, but it seemed the luck of Margaret was with the Corvidae. At least with their brothers over in the Sarian, who were sitting on a remarkable 12 game winning streak. Yuri was praying that such good fortune would smile on all the nations who followed the crow.
Winners of the Thirty-first Di Bradini Cup!

The Magical, Anthropomorphic Trans-Dimensional Secret Oligarchy

Proudly located in Atlantian Oceania

Puppet of Barunia
Currently ruled by a secret society
Runner ups at the 4th and 5th U-15 World Cup, with a third place finish in the 6th!

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Useful Phrases in Ursine

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:39 am

This is part of one page from a booklet produced for by the Bears Armed Tourism Authority, most copies of which were recalled & pulped shortly after publication when it was realised that the author (who is now back in the backwoods, living on nuts & berries) had — perhaps after over-indulgence in hrrum — let his sense of humour go too far during this part of the work. It is possible that football fans visiting from our group-mates may have acquired and have kept copies…

“Hwhay, brillig’o-drih, irr-barra gruh-blaer?”
“(I) Ask, woods’the-in a-bear do-shit?”

"Hwhay, rig chah-dro hrray darn mirrt-thrit?"
“(I) ask, and tea [the meal]-for honey there is-still?”

“Froah, whirrBarra-pararry’yorreh-rig err, cha’hr, urr-hwhay?”
“(Mocking phrase starts), army’whose-and you, pal, I-ask?”

GAG, mirr’o-drih’hau err fohr! Hwhay, harn-ir arr mah? Hwhay, airplane-ir arr mir? GAG, WhauhBarra arr gurh-mir!”
“(Exclamatory phrase starts), sky’the-in’up you do-look! (I) Ask, bird-a it be? (I) Ask, airplane-a it be? (Exclamatory phrase starts), SuperBear it do-be!”
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Atrua
Secretary

Founded: Jul 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atrua » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:51 am

The Most Holy Times

OOPS!

It seems our staff made a minor error with yesterday’s article for which the editor has gone to confession to apologize for. It seems it was posted that the Atruan squad would face second place Mizuyuki in yesterday’s match but it was actually the then third place Maklohi Vai squad who defeated us 4-2 in our first meeting. But all’s well that ends well as the surprise of seeing a lower ranked team than Mizuyuki on the pitch inspired Atrua to once again continue their-dare I say- dominance at home with a 2-0 win over the misnamed squad.

Looking back now, Atrua has now improved to 3-1-2 at home with a +1 goal differential compared to their 1-1-4 with a GD of -8 on the road. At this early stage of international competition it’s clear the comforts of home are still where they do their best as many of the team had never left our island until the foully named Baptism of Fire competition. Today’s upset win allows them to also stay one point ahead of Patistan who defeated HAUAHUHAU by a score of 2-1 with their matchup on the second to last day possibly deciding who finishes in sixth in the group.

However looking up, Cata Larga is now only 4 points ahead of our Atruan squad. Checking out Atrua’s remaining schedule the team must visit the last place 1 point Valientus team next, before returning home to face Mizuyuki (editor’s note- we really mean it this time) , then on the road to Patistan before finishing their run against HAUAHUHAU at home. The way the team has been playing lately they should come out of this with at least 6 points win wins against Vlainetus and HAUAHUHAU . Even at home Mizuyuki should be just a bit too much for Atrua to handle though the first matchup on the road was only a 1-0 MIzuyuki win. The big question mark is the Patistan match. Atrua won the first meeting at home but going on the road against a higher ranked team has proven to be very difficult for our squad to date. And with Patistan eager to avenge their first half loss this one could go either way, coming away with a draw is probably the best scenario here.

IF that holds true then there’s seven more points for Atrua in this qualifying run. It would require bad play from Cata Largea for Atrua to make up that gap and it might not even be enough to hold off Patistan. IF they can squeeze 9 points out of these last four matches though, then they may have a shot. Who would have thought the team would be in a position to move up to 5th after the first quarter of play yet here they are. A 2-1-1 start to the second half has gotten people excited again. Let’s see how it all plays out.

May the Lord bless you and yours this and every day

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:09 am

Summary - Article 16
- The decision game against The Sarian!It's all or nothing here...
- Bit of Infamous Ultras history and actions
- Social,Cultural and Futebolistic Diversity : The different ''faces'' of Football/Soccer
- A Reflection-Text about Rivalry...in a Red Blackilandian way!

Article 16 : Dual-Face Battle!

The battle of the extremes

The decision game against The Sarian!It's all or nothing here...

Red Blackiland fans in Sarian!

After the invigorating victory against Fenbar team 3-0 on Red Glorious Blackberry, now the team has a decision of great importance, it's all or nothing.The context is this: there is the possibility of the team and is now in Second, go to one of the three best runners-up and qualify directly to the World Cup, but it is well remote, or go to the playoffs, but,the way there is not easy.
  The next game will be against the 'Sarian Carrousel' or 'The Bustards' that is unbeatable so far, with 12 wins in 12 games and the isolated group leader,even won Red Blackiland in full-crowded Red Glorious by 3-4, in a game of beautiful and great attacks, moves and goals.Now, the team will have to be more cautious, and certainly adopt a more defensive system for the match.
  Defensive midfield will not go out with as much volume for the game, Carmona and Daniel will be fixed in the middle to pull Felipinho with counterattacks to give more potential attacks from 'Dark Lions', this system with all the interests of a nation to which players carry on the field, the values of a nation that close at them, with all his strength of will as its potency, certainly will give more fuel to the team in this great and decisive match, which involves the first and second placed teams of the group.You guys think that Red Blackiland can win?

Bit of Infamous Ultras history and actions

Red Blackiland Ultras main banner

The Red Blackiland 1970 Infamous Ultras Sportive Society was founded on July 1, 1970, but its ideology began to be thought of before. In 1965, young fans gathered in the stands in order to question the political and administrative life of national football.
As yet had a permanent headquarters, the members gathered in different places, sometimes in the house of one, now in the office of another, sometimes in a public square. This group was noted for the passion for the national football clubs and for having creators and filmmakers features.
The foundation of Infamous, on July 1, 1970, there was a dramatic and memorable moment for Brazilians: a radical modernization of the country and the removal of Communism. At a time when freedom of expression was threatened, these young fans initiate a recovery from the political and administrative life of one of the currently most promising teams, no doubt.
The Federation was under the administration of Wadih Helu, who for years tried to prevent the creation of Ultras through reprisals and acts characteristic of that time.
This persecution was not enough to make them give up and were gradually maturing their ideas. "I had decided that the guild name should contain Infamous, because then were already known the young fans that even always being a national selection of small expression, crowds took to the stage."
The Lion was chosen as animal-symbol of the crowd, for its remarkable features: fast, agile, keen, fierce, determined, sees further, does not miss the prey does not have a natural predator, etc.) and influence history an Indian tribe which at the time was much in evidence. "The Lion tribe lived in Cruce Estrella and at the end of the 60s, many squatters and squatters, providing for the recovery of the lands of the tribe, with the construction of Highway PA 70, began to invade them. The hawks Indians reacted so violently that a stretch along the PA-70 had to be closed by Military, Government and Federal Police until the hawks accept out of the land around the highway. "
What was only a utopia of young lovers and revolutionary thoughts became reality: the Infamous was born. However, the persecution of managers not over. There were many attempts to escape the ideas of these young people.
However, in 1972, the plate of the time lose the election to Frederick Wanback, who took command of the Corinthians. The Infamous writes an unprecedented event in its history: the overthrow of a 'dictator' in front of the Federation.
The new commander, even though it was supported by Infamous, tried to influence its founders, so that they would not pressure the new administration of the club and not put them at practice some of his ideas.
At this time - July 1971 - the Infamous undergo its first political crisis, one of the founders accepted the proposal of the Federation and out of Infamous to found another crowd.
Like everything involving the Corinthians and the passion of its fans, the Infamous if agigantaram and multiplied, rapidly assuming the post of one of the largest Ultras of NSSports.
The attitude of these young people began to bother increasingly, especially when Infaous publicly spoken out against a communist group, opening a track in a match at the Stadium asking: "Amnesty broad, general and unrestricted." This attitude led the then President of the Infamous be pursued because it was the first entity to manifest publicly against them, an action that has kick to Communism being thrown out of the country quickly.
Currently, the Infamous SS has 100 million members (in January 14, 2014), who share the Infamous ideology.

Social,Cultural and Futebolistic Diversity : The different ''faces'' of Football/Soccer

Football will always have its particularities compared to other cultural activities. This fact provides a unique study of the social environment through the "ball lens". The social aspects contained in the experience of their practice allow a good analysis on the identification, significance and even the value it has in the lives of his characters, especially when they are young.
This sport is a cultural phenomenon characterized by the participation and integration of all, irrespective of social or economic class. It is in this kind of place important exchange of values and the interaction among all who are part of it and experience it, each in a manner and with a particular meaning. Arise from the "world of football" new concepts and cultural mergers, reinventing social meanings and approaching extreme that if it were not for football, hardly would exchange experiences and experiences, as can be understood from the speech of the anthropologist Julian Belchior, warning everyone about the role of football as a trainer and cultural generator:
'' The fact is that football has been an effective bridge (and affective) between the elite who picked him up in the largest colonial empire in the world, the very civilized England, and the people of a country that, in those eighteen hundred and both, consisted of humble people. Add white and black, noble elite and humble people was their first lesson. Football showed that the performance is superior to the family name and skin color. He was the first truly universal means of communication and modern among all segments of the Red Blackiland society. He has taught the aggregate and disaggregates the country through multiple choices and citizenship. '
Everyone who gets involved directly or indirectly with the sport and face it with different ways or viewpoints.Several "views" are formed through the same achievements and effect activities in that space - the football image is linked directly to the eye of the beholder.
The "field in life" intertwines the "real life" (off the field on a day-to-day). These two foci jumble together and interact with each other in a coming and going of symbolism. The football field becomes a world apart that, like it or not, also has its rules and regulations, sometimes approaching the functional everyday laws, sometimes creating their own codes.
There is a reinvention of the real. Football becomes an immersion room for those who practice it. By obligations and duties moments and lives up something new and different from the "palpable" to forget. A kind of fiction in reality itself.
It is thus with the interaction between all who practice a pluralized environment in all its senses, even political. From that moment, football wins "accents". Not all are to communicate the same way - all "talk", however, information is lost or not understood. The language of the sport, despite being "only", can be difficult concessions, not the practice of the sport itself, but mainly for the social and cultural life of individuals living and build that environment.
Thus, the football universe comes to represent a sample of the injustices of the "real world" and sometimes extends and enhances those ailments, reaching up to more intense and severe than the actual social environment experienced by the individual.
This is how football gains importance as socio-political-cultural mediator and reports the different guises that sports practice win according to whom the exercise. A boy Morro that has in football, perhaps its only source of entertainment and escape from social reality and also one of the few chances to rise in the financial life, neither sees him nor the lives the same way that other boy, Leblon resident , affiliated to the little school of a renowned club.
Although cut across by many points of intersection, these two boys have described more differences than equality in carrying out this practice. Play football for different reasons and different stimuli and seek different answers and results. The means, are "different", so to speak, with rules and concepts, especially with regard to the interpretation of sport practitioner - the "real worlds" are not the same. This makes the practice performed by both, although apparently the same, different. There is thus a unique "football universe," but universes.

A Reflection-Text about Rivalry...in a Red Blackilandian way!

The rivalry is one of the good things of football. On some occasions, celebrate a defeat of his main opponent is as good as celebrate a triumph of his team. Win them then and we talk! It is reason for a full week of celebration, complete with teasing at work, at school and in the neighborhood naked. And even at family parties. It's just these times it is nice to have a brother Fan archrival.
A fanatic fan does not use rival the colors under any circumstances. Does not call the opponent by the pet name used by their fans. And not praise the players of the opposing party. As they hold the selection, are but true legs of nerve!
And that passes from father to son. Since the early childhood. Every kid four or five years knows disso.Um boy of a team never uses the colors of the rival in the building pat.
Having a rival and cultivate the rivalry is a healthy thing. It's what makes you want to win it, overcome it at all, be better than him in every detail and possible aspects.
But you have to stop there. Rival is not an enemy. Rivalry is quite different from enmity. No need to fight over football. No one needs to attack, injure or kill. It makes sense to use violence against a fan of another team, that can be your co-worker, neighbor or even your cousin.
His brother or his wife can cheer for another team. Even his father can. In this case, in its infancy will have been another to teach you the rules of how to deal with a rival. So it can be even better to have learned from his old. Because, both in theory and in practice, it will be impossible to hate an opponent who only taught you and gave you love.
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 am

And so it happened. Finally the minority of media representatives who had wanted to see Jermain Lewis fail got what they wanted. The Osarius manager's outburst at the respected Sanctii official, Lucius Caeparius was met with mixed responses from players, coaches and pundits, but the disciplinary panel will likely not see things Lewis' way.

"I got the summons this morning." Lewis told us. "I'm not gonna bother appealing. I have my theories on the hows and whys but I'm not stupid enough to make things worse for myself." He added, implying he feels hard done by. In fairness to him, it's not difficult to see his side of things.

The initial incident that set off the chain reaction of events leading to two Osarian players being sent off, and Lewis banished from the dugout was controversial to say the least. After having been 1-0 up thanks to Marco Puntoriero, a minor defensive error from Osarius had led to the equaliser. Ruby Fletcher insisted that she had been fouled in the process -- and she had a case, it appeared as though she may have had two hands on the ball, though even with replays nobody could be certain -- but the goal stood, and Caeparius, the Sanctii official in charge of proceedings, made a point of warning the Callisto City goalkeeper. Juan Pablo Rodriguez was able to subdue her fury at the time, though her formidable anger did not really subside.

Minutes later, Nathaniel Doherty -- restored to the starting lineup after impressing from the bench against Super-Llamaland and Cosumar -- weaved his way into the opposition penalty area, only to be brought down under what appeared to be a tug on his arm. Cunningly, the defender had made sure to pull on the side obscured from view of the referee, leading to protests from the Osarian players as the ball rolled over the goalline and a goal kick awarded. When Doherty was shown a yellow, a crescendo of boos momentarily overwhelmed the home support's cheers, and several of his teammates could be seen making no attempt to conceal their exasperation. On the touchline, Lewis was seen furiously remonstrating with the fourth official, before booting a water bottle away in disgust. Caeparius again made a point of warning three Osarians, before jogging over to have a word with Lewis.

Things only got worse from here, as an unfocused Osarian back four muddled the offside trap, forcing Ruby Fletcher to rush off her line. The instant her sliding tackle cleared the ball from danger, but also floored the onrushing forward, the whistle blew. Without hesitation, Caeparius marched over to Fletcher, reaching into his pocket. A calmer player may have shown relief when the referee brandished a yellow card. Fletcher refused to accept she had committed a foul -- she had, coming in from the side she had gone through the legs of the forward to clear the ball from danger -- and protested. Caeparius soon found himself surrounded by four Osarians, and in response, reached back into his pocket.

Less than a minute later, both Fletcher and Doherty had received second yellow cards for dissent. Shortly after that, Harrison and Victor had also seen yellows. While Acosta and Rodriguez tried to placate the team, and usher Fletcher and Doherty from the field, Lewis could be seen angrily confronting the fourth official again. Caeparius had no time for such behaviour and strode over to banish the Osarius manager from pitchside, to rapturous applause from the home fans, who fanned the flames of his fury with a chorus of "Have a seat, have a seat, have a seat"

With everything falling apart, Georgina Carsley stepped in and signalled to Lewis "It's okay, we'll handle it" leaving the gaffer with no choice but to storm off down the tunnel, aiming a petulant kick at the wall as he went. Carsley attempted to minimise the damage by withdrawing an unfortunate Trevor Ward -- who had impressed in a rare outing for the national side so far -- to bring in Adam McBride between the sticks, and replacing a visibly disappointed Lucio Lazzarani with Ramiro Figueroa, instructing him to sit between Acosta and Mancini to play destroyer.

Neither of her changes mattered, it turned out, as the resulting free kick from Fletcher's foul was curled sublimely over and around the wall, well out of reach of McBride. Now chasing the game, Osarius had to press. Carsley's aversion to this was evident, but she could not allow the team to defend and wait. The home team had no reason to attack now, with a two man advantage and half an hour to play, they could afford to sit back and defend their lead.

Puntoriero struggled to find space alone, while Prince and Harrison tried desperately to break quickly down the flanks, linking with the dynamic Acosta and Mancini. Chances were rare, though, and eventually Carsley relented, making her final gamble. Withdrawing Felix Victor for Andrea Poynter -- who she no doubt expected to find space between Zips Nation's two-bank defence -- left Osarius exposed defensively, but provided desperately needed support in the final third, and hope of an equaliser.

Poynter's impact was immediate, feeding one of Prince's surging runs on the right with Mancini, and driving into the right channel to receive the return. Instead of cutting back for Puntoriero near the penalty spot, she tried to catch the keeper unawares at the near post, managing to force a corner. Nine minutes left, and Poynter floated the corner over, looking for Rodriguez -- as the tallest man in the box -- but the defending side cleared.

Poynter would again create a decent chance three minutes later, this time, Puntoriero hammering his volley off the crossbar, sending it fully thirty yards clear when it rebounded, straight into midfield where the counter attack began. With too many players committed to the last attack, Osarius were caught short at the back, and McBride kept out the first, and the second, but the third hit the net. The second best team in the multiverse were 3-1 down with five minutes to play.

After the game, Carsley had refused to comment on the incidents that led to Lewis' banishment, pointing out that "He's a passionate guy, that's all. I'm sure the OFA will deal with it." They probably will, internally, privately. Lewis is expected to miss the next three Osarius games, however, as authorities seek to make it clear that this kind of outburst will not be tolerated. This would put Carsley in charge of the national team for the final three games of qualifying, which could potentially be crucial. She is unfazed, though. "Jermain has enough faith in me to name me his assistant, the players trust me, I know the team. We can do it." She stated, defiantly.

The OFA seem to be torn on how to handle the problem, though. Chairman Alain Montblanc, who is more than familiar with the stresses of the job -- having led the team to the World Cup finals himself in the past -- didn't quite condemn Lewis, but he did criticise the Osarius manager's outburst. "I understand why Jermain got frustrated, but he knows as well as any of us that he could have handled things better." Montblanc said. "We won't be appealing it, we will make no official criticism of the referee. Jermain accepts that he did wrong, and the team will have to make-do without him for the last three games of qualifying." When questioned if there would be any sanction against Lewis, Montblanc was obtuse, stating simply that "we will be having words, yes"

On the topic of the referee, Juan Pablo Rodriguez felt that there was no ulterior motive behind the decisions, and that there was nothing untoward about them. "I don't think the ref is to blame, really. I think he got some stuff wrong, but it wouldn't have been easy to see." He explained. When asked if he felt the bookings for dissent were fair, he paused. "It's not something you see often, but it's there in the rules, the ref is within the laws to do it so we can't really complain about that." Pundits have sided with the players, though, saying Caeparius might have been a little over-zealous in his distribution of cards, with John Holcombe expressing the opinion that he didn't need to book four players. "While I accept that the ref is within his rights to book players for dissent, I don't think he needed to show four cards to maintain control of the situation. Fletcher's sending off would have been enough, a warning for Doherty and the others, and the game could have continued in a competitive manner. I think we have to give the team credit, Doherty's yellow on top of Fletcher's would have killed the game for most teams."

This was a sentiment partially echoed by team captain Roque Acosta, who added "I think I maybe could have done more to keep us in this one. I should have calmed everyone down a bit quicker, kept them from provoking the ref into showing those cards. He'd already warned a couple of us, to be fair to the guy, it's not an easy job. But I think anyone watching could see that we kept it competitive, even with the disadvantage. At the very least, I think that might be why the gaffer didn't kill any of us, haha"
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports