NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the IX Olympiad: PROBLEM ALERTS

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Berk Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Berk Island » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:33 am

This is a minor issue, but is there a possible chance that a couple of the earlier scored posts could be in a spoiler tab, please?

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:35 am

Eastfield Lodge wrote:Tennis Women's Singles: Melosa Madison, who won her prelim round and then lost the original first round, doesn't appear in the resimmed first round.

I'm guessing she was replaced by one of the Patistani incarnations of our maid.

Edit: Apparently Patistan signed up one tennis -player with the same name as our maid/table tennis player. But only one.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

I think i have noticed something that should have been caught in signups. The spreadsheet must have taken peoples 4x200 meter relay teams and relisted them as a second 4x100 team. That would make those races so much smaller than the first, and it would explain part of my bemusement at the end of one of my posts im going to put up tomorrow. Wondering where the Taeshani 4x200 relay teams are. Its not necessarily your fault, so i dont know if you necessarily need to fix it, as it was not a problem i found in my initial bug finds when i made my team, but im sure it affected more than me.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:36 pm

Taeshan wrote:I think i have noticed something that should have been caught in signups. The spreadsheet must have taken peoples 4x200 meter relay teams and relisted them as a second 4x100 team. That would make those races so much smaller than the first, and it would explain part of my bemusement at the end of one of my posts im going to put up tomorrow. Wondering where the Taeshani 4x200 relay teams are. Its not necessarily your fault, so i dont know if you necessarily need to fix it, as it was not a problem i found in my initial bug finds when i made my team, but im sure it affected more than me.

Todd McCloud wrote:So the Men's and Women's 4 x 200 freestyle event was not included on the excel spread sheet for the sign up. This explains why there were only 15 entrants for that event, which kind of stinks, because the Men's 4x100 relay had 46 entrants.

I believe this answers your question. If KP has a different answer, then ignore this.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:09 am

It appears that four of my female gymnasts were left out of the All-around Qualification. They are:

Zoë van Haanraats;DAR;30
Concepta Close;DAR;30
Kayleigh Steed;DAR;30
Randy Hafner;DAR;30
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:00 pm

For the women's gymnastics all-around qualification the following were all entered correctly but not entered into the event:

Micaela Virginia Silva;AVU;30
Antônia Leandra Salazar;AVU;25

If you could add these to the scorination late or whatever you can do to rectify my and Darmen's problem, then that would be great.
A proud member of the Astyria region
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:59 pm

I'll look into that later tonight when I can.
Слава Україні!

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:53 pm

The mixed doubles quarterfinals that were scheduled for Day 6 were not scorinated.
Champion - Handball World Cups 14, 15, 16 | Runners-up - Handball World Cups 17, 18, 19

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Costa de Ouro wrote:The mixed doubles quarterfinals that were scheduled for Day 6 were not scorinated.

I think that is the least of KP's worries at the moment.

Regarding the gymnastics, they were all entered and scorinated; it was simply a copy and paste error (I missed the last 40 or so athletes). I'll have corrected results shortly. The individual all-around qualifiers should be unaffected and I'd be surprised if any of the other finals changed too, but I'll make a note of that in the corrected results.
Last edited by Liventia on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Liventia wrote:
Costa de Ouro wrote:The mixed doubles quarterfinals that were scheduled for Day 6 were not scorinated.

I think that is the least of KP's worries at the moment.

Regarding the gymnastics, they were all entered and scorinated; it was simply a copy and paste error (I missed the last 40 or so athletes). I'll have corrected results shortly. The individual all-around qualifiers should be unaffected and I'd be surprised if any of the other finals changed too, but I'll make a note of that in the corrected results.

I believe some of my Women's team was overlooked as well, I can try and get specific names if they're needed
Follow the Isulan Football Federation on Twitter!
Champions: Baptism of Fire LVII
Quarterfinalists: Copa Rushmori XIX
Qualified: Confederations Cup IV

KPB Ranking: 11.68|79th

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:23 pm

Isula ge Ru wrote:
Liventia wrote:I think that is the least of KP's worries at the moment.

I believe some of my Women's team was overlooked as well, I can try and get specific names if they're needed

Not necessary, as said, everyone was scorinated properly. I simply missed out on copying the last 40 names from the results into my spreadsheet. There's no rescorination needed at all here.
Слава Україні!

Isula ge Ru
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Isula ge Ru » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Liventia wrote:
Isula ge Ru wrote:I believe some of my Women's team was overlooked as well, I can try and get specific names if they're needed

Not necessary, as said, everyone was scorinated properly. I simply missed out on copying the last 40 names from the results into my spreadsheet. There's no rescorination needed at all here.

Alright, thanks for that!
Follow the Isulan Football Federation on Twitter!
Champions: Baptism of Fire LVII
Quarterfinalists: Copa Rushmori XIX
Qualified: Confederations Cup IV

KPB Ranking: 11.68|79th

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Gymnastics qualification results now updated; no changes to qualifiers.
Слава Україні!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:16 pm

The gymnastics final in men's all around was not scorinated
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:The gymnastics final in men's all around was not scorinated

If you mean the team all-around, it's between the badminton mixed doubles quarterfinals and the final game of the men's hockey group stage. If you mean the individual all-around, that's not scheduled for Day 7.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=309100&p=21547028#p21547028
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:22 am

I think there's a minor mistake in the schedule, as in Night 7, Men's Basketball 4/5 was supposed to be played, but that happened yesterday IC. I think Women's basketball should happen instead.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 am

Electrum wrote:I think there's a minor mistake in the schedule, as in Night 7, Men's Basketball 4/5 was supposed to be played, but that happened yesterday IC. I think Women's basketball should happen instead.

Yup, I think you're right. Mixed up my guys and gals on that one. :)
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:58 am

From the second round of the men's singles tennis:
Thomas Havens (GLO)                                             6   6
Till Wolf (SWR) 7 7

But Havens advanced rather than Wolf.

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 pm

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland wrote:From the second round of the men's singles tennis:
Thomas Havens (GLO)                                             6   6
Till Wolf (SWR) 7 7

But Havens advanced rather than Wolf.

Danke! Though Wolf lost the subsequent rescorination:

Armani Mata (KLS)                                               4   6   6
Till Wolf (SWR) 6 2 2

At least Mata doesn't lose to someone he should not even have played!

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks for fixing it :)

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 am

Sorry to flag up something that isn't necessarily a problem, but I just wanted to check as most of the swimming events finish today that the women's 200 m backstroke, which hasn't even seen its heats yet, hasn't been forgotten.

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am

Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland wrote:Sorry to flag up something that isn't necessarily a problem, but I just wanted to check as most of the swimming events finish today that the women's 200 m backstroke, which hasn't even seen its heats yet, hasn't been forgotten.

That did fall through the cracks, sorry! Knew something might fall through the cracks of my scheduling when I changed everything in light of the breakdown, IC day off, and half-speed OOC schedule. I'll throw the heats into today's morning session (free swimming action for diving ticket-holders!) with the semis and final on Night 9, tomorrow OOCly.
Last edited by The Kytler Peninsulae on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

The sailing events were not held today in Aardswood.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Costa de Ouro
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Costa de Ouro » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:18 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:The sailing events were not held today in Aardswood.

Liventia wrote:*Sailing events to follow in separate post in a bit.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Gregoryisgodistan wrote:The sailing events were not held today in Aardswood.

The sailing events are a massive time-eater, I have a social life and I'm not the main host of these Games. I said they would follow – which they have – so cut me some slack.
Слава Україні!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports