NATION

PASSWORD

Londinium 7s Tournament (IC Thread)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Londinium 7s Tournament (IC Thread)

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri May 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Welcome all to the inaugural Londinium 7s Tournament in the beautiful nation of Nova Anglicana! Please, make yourselves at home and prepare for an exciting competition!

The format and schedule are below:

12 teams: 2 groups of 6, single round-robin (three games the first day and two the second), top two from each group advance, winner receives the Cup, remaining 8 teams form a consolation bracket, winner receives the Plate, consolation bracket quarterfinal losers play for the Bowl

Schedule:

May 30: IC thread goes up, posting of rosters can begin
May 31: Group Draw
June 1: MD1(3 matches in total) (1v6, 2v5, 3v4 and 1v2, 6v4, 5v3 and 1v3, 2v6, 4v5)
June 2: MD2 (2 matches in total) (1v4, 2v3, 6v5 and 1v5, 4v2, 3v6)
June 3: Plate and Bowl competition
June 4: Cup Competition

Group A
Notsofreeland
Britonisea
Trenland
Free Swiss States
Darmen
Neu Engollon
Group B
Nova Anglicana
Seahold
Hicana
West Carpathia
Hutanjia
Jeckland

Pots (randomly assigned, since there are no ranks for this edition)

Britonisea
Seahold
Nova Anglicana
Notsofreeland

Hicana
Free Swiss States
West Carpathia
Trenland

Neu Engollon
Darmen
Jeckland
Hutanjia

Each pot will be randomized again for the draw, with the first nation drawn going into Group A, and the second into Group B, with the third in Group A, and the fourth in Group B.

Scorination and Cutoffs

As described in the OOC thread, I will be using the rugby union sevens function of xkoranate 0.3.3. As there are no ranks being used in the inaugural version of this tournament (though they may be used in a possible second edition), RP will be your main form of gaining skill points for your team. RPs will be graded on a scale of 0-3, capped at two decimal places. Quality over quantity is preferred, but pithy RPs of a few sentences should not expected to be graded highly, nor should six paragraphs of meaningless filler. Posting a roster will be rewarded with points as well.

Cutoffs will be between 19:00 and 21:00 EST (UTC-5) each day, though I will alert you all via the OOC thread should there be a change.

Tiebreakers will be (in order): points (using the standard IRB sevens scoring system of 3 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss, and 0 for a forfeit), H2H results, point differential, points for, and coin toss (higher RP points).

Important Links

Rugby Sevens on Wiki
OOC Thread
Forum's Official Guide to Sports Roleplaying

Please use these RP permissions as part of your roster, so that your opponents may know what they can and cannot RP.

Code: Select all
    [box]Should my opponent RPs first, he/she may do the following:
    Choose my scorers: Y/N
    Godmod scoring events: Y/N
    RP injuries to my players: Y/N
    Godmod injuries to my players: Y/N
    Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y/N
    Hand out red cards to my players: Y/N
    Godmod other events: Y/N[/box]
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri May 30, 2014 1:55 pm

About Nova Anglicana

Nova Anglicana, officially known as the Sovereign State of Nova Anglicana, is a country located in North America. It is bordered on the north by Nunavut, Canada, on the south and east by the Atlantic Ocean, and on the west by Quebec and the United States of America. Nova Anglicana covers 1,569,532 square kilometers (119,139 km2 water) and has has an estimated population of 16,051,724. Nova Anglicana is comprised of five provinces and one overseas territory.

The region now known as Nova Anglicana was long part of Canada until it seceded in the year 2003. Its unique founding as a liberal Christian political experiment has contributed to its character greatly, and is consistently ranked among the most religious countries in the world and the NS Universe.

Residents of Nova Anglicana enjoy a high standard of living and excellent social services. The public sector is a major mover in the economy, though tax rates are somewhat higher than other countries in the region. Nova Anglicana also makes good use of its abundant natural resources and balances its economic needs against the need to preserve its beautiful landscape, flora, and fauna.

Transportation

Nova Anglicana also maintains a strong public transport system, both inside and out of urban areas. Most large cities have a metro or subway system, managed by the city, but subsidized by the central government. Bus service is ubiquitous in cities with a population of 25,000 or more, and several private companies provide long-distance bus service. Many families own cars in Nova Anglicana, but these are often used for pleasure trips or as a symbol of status. Residents of urban areas often rely on public transport, and those in the suburbs often find that driving to the station and riding the metro is less time-consuming should they wish to enter the city. The state-owned NovaRail connects cities in the various provinces of Nova Anglicana and is widely regarded as an efficient and affordable way to travel within or between provinces.

For longer journeys or international travel, Nova Anglicana has international airports in each of its ten largest municipalities and domestic airports scattered across the country. The municipalities own the airports, but the security is provided by private companies as well as national air marshals and all flights are provided by private companies.

Laws

Crime is rarely a problem in Nova Anglicana, as a strong social safety net and good public education, along with an improved economy, give most Nova Anglicans little reason to commit crimes. Crime is so low that the central government spends nothing on law & order (except for border control), preferring to leave it to the individual cities and provinces. Your players and fans should feel safe, as the typical Nova Anglican (especially rugby fans) is more likely to settle his/her differences with another person by inviting them to a local pub for a drink. Guns are not allowed to be brought into the country, whether in luggage or in a carry-on bag, and must be shipped by post if they are to enter (foreigners will also have to provide appropriate certification from their home country that they legally own the gun and are fit to operate it). Public intoxication and nudity are illegal, though police have been instructed to shepherd intoxicated fans into taxis or towards hotels, only detaining them if they become belligerent, though public nudity will land the guilty party in jail and a one-way ticket home at their expense. If players commit misdemeanors, they can expect to pay a simple fine, but more serious crimes such as murder will necessitate a full criminal trial, either in Nova Anglicana or their home country. All this being said, Nova Anglicana is a peaceful place and we do not expect crimes to be committed during this tournament.

Food and Drink

So when you and that Nova Anglican fan have a tiff and a drink, what can you expect? Lots of fish, b'y. Londinium is located in the province of Newfoundland, which has a very strong fishing industry. Fish and chips, cod every way you can think of (tongues are a favorite), flounder, halibut, salmon, and lobster are some of the typical seafood one can expect, though if you're lucky, you might be able to find seal flipper pie, a real treat. For land fare, try caribou, deer, rabbit, or the famous "jiggs dinner", salted beef with boiled vegetables, as well as pickles and beets. For dessert, think figgy duff, a sweet raisin pudding, or one of our many baked goods flavored with molasses.

Jiggs Dinner

But what you really want to know about is the beer, right? Pubs in Londinium are open from noon to midnight, usually, and later on the weekends, and local breweries usually hold the same hours, give or take an hour or two. Expect to see plenty of traditional lagers and ales, though local microbreweries are turning out more complex beers, including a popular blueberry ale made with local blueberries. The most popular in the city is Lion, both in its lager and stout form. George Street, located near the harbour, is the best place to go for local nightlife, featuring over 20 bars, pubs, and clubs. Expect to see plenty of players at The Wise Fool, owned by former Jesters legend Adam Sullivan. To get the most bang for your buck, buy a 7s Pub Crawl Ticket at the stadium or at any bar on George Street. It lets you enter any bar without paying a cover charge and gets you half off your drinks. Expect plenty of live music, mostly folk, though the clubs will play American and Canadian pop, as well as rap, hip-hop, and R&B.

Lion

Language and Religion

Being formed from parts of Anglophone and Francophone Canada, Nova Anglicans do not all speak the same language. English is, of course, the most widely spoken language and the language in which most classes are taught. Translators will be available at official functions, but good luck understanding the particular brand of English the people of Londinium speak (at least the natives).

Nova Anglicana is about 95% Christian of varying stripes, though mostly Anglican and Roman Catholic, and all religions are legal to practice, provided they don't involve animal cruelty or human sacrifice or something like that. Londinium is a cosmopolitan city, so one expect to find a synagogue, mosque, temple, or any other place of worship for a major religion, if you should find yourself in need of one.

Nova Anglican Rugby Union

The Nova Anglican Rugby Union is the governing body for professional rugby union in Nova Anglicana. It is much smaller, less lucrative, and less followed by fans than hockey, football, basketball, or baseball. It is composed of eight teams from around the country, who play a home-and-home 14 game schedule. Because of the small size of the league, all teams play in a single-elimination playoff tournament at the end of the season to determine the champion. The winner of the tournament receives the Queen's Cup as overall champion, while the regular season winner receives the Lions' Shield (an actual heater shield bearing the rampant Lion of Nova Anglicana).

Rugby is an important, if not so popular sport in Nova Anglicana. 6% of people surveyed named it as their favorite sport, and 19% of people said they pay at least some attention to it daily. These numbers are largely unchanged from two years ago, though the team's fourth place finish at the last RUWC may spark interest when the new survey is given.

Players in the NARU are largely drawn from university ranks, though sometimes they are foreigners obtained via trade. There is no draft, so teams can negotiate with whomever they choose. There is no salary cap, but most teams have only limited funds to work with, so they can't just buy whomever they like.

Stadiums

LionAir Stadium, known informally as King's Court, is the home pitch of the NARU's Londinium Jesters, finalists in the most recent Lion's Shield competion, and consistent top-half finishers. It seats 15,000 and will host both Group A and Group B, with Group A competition taking place in the morning to early afternoon and Group B competition taking place in the afternoon to early evening (OOC: This schedule is IC only).

Kelly Park, located in downtown Londinium, is a 42,000 seat stadium and the home of Londinium's Archbishop FC, consistent competitors in the NAFL and winners of the last Nova Anglican Cup competition. It has also been the site of several World Cup qualifiers, but will be configured for rugby while the tournament lasts. Kelly Park will host the Cup, Plate, and Bowl Competitions.

Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Sat May 31, 2014 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Fri May 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Nova Anglicana National Rugby Sevens Roster

Manager: Denís Ferrer

Starting VII
Prop: Kristopher Beard, 27
Prop: Cody McCormick, 25
Hooker: Darrel Cole, 23
Scrum-half: Julian Lee, 25, captain
Center: Marc Riviére, 24
Fly-half: Jonathan Marsh, 26
Fullback: Jamie Peters, 24

Reserves
Forward: Evan Owen, 22
Forward: Rikhard Halvorson, 24
Back: Wyatt Youngblood, 27
Back: Danny Dougherty, 23
Back: Marcel Lachance, 25

Kit:

Schedule (Group B)

MD1: Nova Anglicana vs. Jeckland, Nova Anglicana vs. Seahold, Nova Anglicana vs. Hicana
MD2: Nova Anglicana vs. West Carpathia, Nova Anglicana vs. Hutanjia

Should my opponent RPs first, he/she may do the following:
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y, nothing serious
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y, only if you also give a red to one of your players
Godmod other events: N
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Sat May 31, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri May 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Darmen National Rugby Sevens Roster

Manager: Harry Ford

Starting VII
Prop: Tony Alberecci
Prop: Greg Ciconi
Hooker: Adam Masteroni
Scrum-half: Michael Taccione
Center-half: Tyree Martis
Fly-half: Cristian LeMond
Fullback: Owen Lars

Reserves
Prop: Michael O'Donahaue
Hooker: Philip O'Kershaw
Halfback: Simon Cren
Fullback: Frank Timoty

RP Permissions: Go crazy, just don't go ending anybodies career or life.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Fri May 30, 2014 7:21 pm

The Free Swiss States' first ever assembled national rugby team departed Basil airport earlier today, carrying with them the hopes and dreams of the Swiss people as well as several thousand dollars worth of cocaine smuggled in through secret compartments in player Alex Reese's suitcase. Will the Swiss win? Will they lose terribly? Probably the latter! Either way, here's the line-ups.

Manager: Jonah Nizzy

Starting VII
Prop: Dáire MacClelland
Prop: Alex Reese
Hooker: Seamus Mulryan
Scrum-half: Nolan Paddy
Center-half: Ruadhan MacNeil
Fly-half: Conrad McPharlain
Fullback: Jonathan Kavanaugh

Reserves
Mellan Ó Murchadha
Donnchad Niven
Larry Kavanah
Jared Collins

RP Permissions: ANYTHING

Notsofreeland
Secretary

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Notsofreeland » Fri May 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Notsofreeland National Rugby Sevens Roster

Manager:Julio Esteban Ricardo Montague

Player List

Props

Gustavo Salvador:
-age 24
-height 5'6"
-Weight 121 lbs (54 kg)

Leonardo Bastion:
-age 22
-height 5'8"
-weight 126 lbs (57 kg)

Hooker

Philippe Ignacio:
-age 27
-height 5'5"
-weight 123 lbs (55 kg)

Scrum-half

Thomson Newman:
-age 25
-height 5'10"
-weight 136 lbs (61 kg)

Fly-half

Joseph Angelo:
-age 29
-height 5'7"
-weight 125 lbs (56 kg)

Center

Andy Young:
-age 24
-height 5'6"
-weight 130 lbs (58 kg)

Fullback

Peter Geoffrey:
-age 23
-height 5'9"
-weight 128 lbs (58 kg)

Reserves

Fullback

Jordan Eisenhower:
-age 28
-height 5'7"
-weight 132 lbs (59 kg)

Prop

Bastion Winfrey:
-age 26
-height 5'2"
-weight 114 lbs (51 kg)

Center

Joshua Stuarts:
-age 22
-height 5'6"
-weight 121 lbs (54 kg)

Scrum-half

Morgan Thomson:
-age 27
-height 5'6"
-weight 126 lbs (57 kg)

Fly-Half

Abraham Vazquez:
-age 25
-height 5'3"
-weight 119 lbs (53 kg)

Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
*note I do not wish for any life threatening or career ending injuries on any of my players, without my consent at least*

West Carpathia (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby West Carpathia (Ancient) » Fri May 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Manager: Mikuláš Láska

Starting:
Prop:Lukáš Kolar
Prop:Erik Šesták
Hooker:Kornel Gyömbér
Scrum-Half:Filip Nemec
Fly-Half:Miroslav Križ
Center:Jaroslav Bartoš
Fullback:Bronislav Sykora

Reserves:
Prop:Dominik Hornik
Hooker:Zdenko Martinek
FullbackŠimon Križ
Scrum-halfVáclav Novak

RP injuries to my players: Y
Hand out red cards to my players: N
Godmod other events: N

Seahold
Envoy

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seahold » Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 pm

National Rugby Sevens Team of Seahold

The national Rugby Sevens team of Seahold is made up by the best players in the national Rugby Union team; most of the players in the national team do not play in Seahold's rugby union championship - an amateur league of 12 teams - but are Anglican, Florysian and Norvenian players of Seaholder descent: foreign sports are a recent import in Seahold, a country that prefers batey (a sport of native origin) and gaelic football.

Manager: William Hardy

Starting VII

Prop: Norbert Nathanson
Prop: Kenneth Adcock
Hooker: Kenton Derrick
Scrum-half: Gladwyn Witherspoon
Center-half: Carlisle London
Fly-half: Robert Marston
Fullback: Gladwyn Wash

Reserves

Prop: Hadley Lyon
Hooker: Sheldon Cocks
Scrum-half: Robin Crawford
Fullback: Mitchell Evanson

RP Permissions: do what you want, but outright murder of my players is forbidden. :3
Last edited by Seahold on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

Trenland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenland » Sat May 31, 2014 4:09 pm

The Trenlandian 7s team left the Ceroth city 2 days before the start of the tournament, after receiving a large sudden wave of funding from the government. They've set up camp in a leafy suburb of Londinium and been staying in a middle priced hotel nearby. The team is a very young one with Calum Rivers offering the main set of expreience from an experienced Rugby Union career where he's renowned for being a prop with stamina, thus managing to make the transition to 7s. The old coach Fred Talbert (Father of 3 of the players and borderline national treasure) tragically became seriously ill and the Trenland's team's hopes of competeting in thir first national tournament seemed almost over until current "interim" coach Niko Seto stepped up. Where from is unclear but he's beleveived to be a close friend of Fred Talbert from their past playing days for a small time Ceroth City Rugby club. The team however despite recent fundings have been unable to afford and away kit and been unable to accuire any sponsors other than a last minute chairty sponsorship for "Rugby4Change".

Tactics: Trenland play an extremely fast, even for 7s, paced style of play and a very attacking one with Fullback Umo constantly getting up the pitch, for better or worse. Although their pace is their strongest side they are by no means weak with Calum providing a bit of balancing to the team with less pace and much more strength.(For 7s atleast)

Coach: Niko Seto
Starting:
Prop:Calum 'Caveman' Rivers
Prop:Tolmi Drew
Hooker:John Smith
Scrum-Half:Alfie Talbert
Fly-Half:Biff Talbert
Center:Thith Talt
Fullback:Umo Kokliantosa

Reserves:
Prop:Will Zito
Hooker:Quentin Philbert
Fullback: Seth Talbert
Scrum-half: George Naie

Kit: Image

RP: Nothing that's going to end anyone career (Death or injury)

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sat May 31, 2014 10:37 pm

NEU ENGOLLON NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS SQUAD 'THE GOATS'

Coach: Giuseppe Cosento
Assistant Coach: Rolf Mertzen

First Team
Bartolomeo Fendini - Loosehead Prop (Some Village Wanderers)
Rocco Gondino - Hooker (San Remo Ospreys)
Conrad Gemmel - Tighthead Prop (Ludenthal Wolves)

Horst Emmett - Scrum Half (Ludenthal Wolves)
Wilhelm Hoerner - Fly Half (Schwartzgarten Warriors)
Alexander Renvier - Centre (Telleursville Gargoyles)
Marino Riazzi - Winger (Panoli Dockers)

Reserves
Forwards:
Felix Marten (R.K. Svhobodha, The Glorious Commune)
Silvio Usadino (Ciavno Alpenhawks)
Andino Paticci (San Remo Ospreys)
Guillaume Venmont (Telleursville Gargoyles)

Backs:
Johann Dorff (Burgunden Brawlers)
Giannaro Caravolo (Panoli Dockers)
Ernst Urbach (Burgunden Brawlers)
Hugo Koernsoff (Schwartzgarten Warriors)

Style: + 3.6

HOME
AWAY

GROUP A
Notsofreeland
Britonisea
Trenland
Free Swiss States
Darmen
Neu Engollon

GROUP A MATCHES

Matchday 1 Match 1
NotsoFreeland vs Neu Engollon

Matchday 1 Match 2
Neu Engollon v Free Swiss States

Matchday 1 Match 3
Britonisea v Neu Engollon

Matchday 2 Match 1
Neu Engollon v Darmen

Matchday 2 Match 2
Trenland v Neu Engollon

RP Permissions:
Choose my point scorers: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y, please TG first
Godmod injuries to my players: TG me first, has to be pretty good
Hand out yellow cards (sin bin) to my players: Y
Hand out red cards (sending off) to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y, Please TG me first for OK
Really, I'm down for most anything, just get in touch with me first.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sat May 31, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Hutanjia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2012

Postby Hutanjia » Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 pm

HUTANJIAN NATIONAL RUGBY SEVENS SQUAD 'The SPIDERS'

Coach: Jaunders Malaptra
Assistant Coach: Bentley Reraptke
Trainer: Giancarlo Wziputala

Starting Seven:
Jean-Luc Tarepka - Prop
Francis Yosepgka - Hooker
Emmett Jelego - Prop
Monterrey Apegku - Scrum Half
Vladimir Sokota - Fly Half
Samson Wakala - Centre
Harold Nepedku - Winger

Reserves:
Johannes Charopa - back
Mitchell Zangaka - back
Grendel Lintanu - back
Rhys Pentagke - forward
Townsend Vagatu - forward
Matthew Pitaga - forward
Weston Ketsangu - half

HOME
AWAY

RP PERMISSIONS

Choose my point scorers: Y
Godmod scoring event:s Y
RP injuries to my players: Y, Please TG me first for OK
Hand out yellow cards (sin bin) to my players: Y
Hand out red cards (sending off) to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y, Please TG me first for OK
Last edited by Hutanjia on Sat May 31, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm

MD1 Cutoff. Results soonnow.

MD1
Notsofreeland 26–12 Neu Engollon
Britonisea 7–38 Darmen
Trenland 26–12 Free Swiss States

MD2
Neu Engollon 10–22 Free Swiss States
Darmen 7–31 Trenland
Notsofreeland 22–14 Britonisea

MD3
Britonisea 0–40 Neu Engollon
Trenland 14–24 Notsofreeland
Free Swiss States 26–12 Darmen

Group A              Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Notsofreeland 3 3 0 0 72 40 +32 9
2 Trenland 3 2 0 1 71 43 +28 7
3 Free Swiss States 3 2 0 1 60 48 +12 7
4 Neu Engollon 3 1 0 2 62 48 +14 5
5 Darmen 3 1 0 2 57 64 −7 5
6 Britonisea 3 0 0 3 21 100 −79 3

MD1
Nova Anglicana 38–14 Jeckland
Seahold 17–19 Hutanjia
Hicana 19–22 West Carpathia

MD2
Jeckland 17–27 West Carpathia
Hutanjia 27–5 Hicana
Nova Anglicana 15–33 Seahold

MD3
Seahold 24–14 Jeckland
Hicana 0–38 Nova Anglicana
West Carpathia 24–12 Hutanjia

Group B              Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 West Carpathia 3 3 0 0 73 48 +25 9
2 Nova Anglicana 3 2 0 1 91 47 +44 7
3 Seahold 3 2 0 1 74 48 +26 7
4 Hutanjia 3 2 0 1 58 46 +12 7
5 Jeckland 3 0 0 3 45 89 −44 3
6 Hicana 3 0 0 3 24 87 −63 3
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Trenland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenland » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:23 am

MD1

Trenland vs Free Swiss States

The two newbies to the international world of 7s both exiditdly and slighlty nervously gathered on the pitch for the start of the last game of the morning. Trenland won the coin toss and kicked the ball long into the Swiss half. Both teams played with a pace and ferocity that is rarely matched in any other sport. The first minutes of the game saw constant pressure from the young Trenland side but the Swiss team seemed to be coping well and gradually pushing the Trenlandians back.
Calum Rivers soon changed the deadlock after he shoved off opposite number Alex Reese and charged down on the Swiss try line. However a last ditch expertly taken tap tackle by Jonathan Kavanaugh managed to deny Calum a seemingly well deserved try. The Swiss players quickly turned over the ball and quick play from Nolan Paddy, Conrad McPharlain and Ruadhan MacNeil released Kavanaugh down the right wing and he outpaced the Trenland fullback: Umo Kokliantosa easily, to place the ball under the posts. An easy conversion from McPharlain sent the Free Swiss States 0-7 up half way through the first half.
Trenland not to be outdone quickly got back into the game with Calum Rivers again making a break after 'boshing' (It's a technical rugby term) Alex Reese out of the way again this time managed to offload the ball into Thith Talt's greatful arms as he swan dived over the line towards the left of the posts. This was followed by what maywell be one of the worst drop kicks in the history of 7s with Biff Talbert slicing the ball further away from the posts than he started. 5-7
Trenland continued their game domination as Biff made up for a terrible kick by grubbering the ball into brother Alfies path allowing him to place the ball easily down between the posts after cutting across Kavanaugh. The kick was taken by Biff after a small delay, but he made up on his earlier mistake planting the ball clear through the middle of the posts. 12-7
The game turned back to a fast open game with both teams having to make try saving tackles, both teams gaining a few warnings from Londinium refree: Jules Remy.

The players strided back onto the pitch to more applause than before as the fans warmed to the young boys. Niko Seto looked pleased as did Jonah Nizzy as the Swiss team kicked the ball low into the Trenland half. But the game quickly opened up within a minute of starting for John Smith who side stepped a fast incoming tackle from his opposite man Seamus Mulryan and easily planted the ball inbetween the posts, to allow Biff to kick Trenland further into the lead. 19-7.
The Swiss team not to be outdone so easily made a brace of changes brining on; Mellan Ó Murchadha for Alex Reese, Donnchad Niven for Seamus Mulryan and Jared Collins for Conrad McPharlain. Trenland responded with two swaps of their own; Tolmi Drew for Will Zito and Umo Kokliantosa for Seth Talbert, completeing the Tablert Triple.
The Swiss team seemingly got back into the game as the game increased in space further still, to everyons suprise. But they seemed unable to break down the rock defence of Calum and Will. The only change happened after a clearance kick by Trenland followed by a failed sidestep by Kavanaugh allowing him to be tackled by charging Seth Talbert. The Swiss reckovered well and got behind the ruck only to be brought down by awarding them a scrum for hands in the ruck by Seth. Trenland turned the scrum over and fast release from Alfie allowed brother Biff to kick the ball high and through the posts. 22-7.
The Swiss team not to be outdone came back, after a quick Trenland Substite of George Naie replacing Alfie Talbert, with a counter attacking try from Jared Collins after he ran the length of the pitch, realised he was alone and had to keep going. Seth Talbert managed to force him into the corner and prevent a conversion, but couldn't prevent the try in the 19th minute. 22-12.
The Swiss team pressed hard for the last minute and their pressure remained for almost a minute after the final whistle should've gone, but just when it seemed to be coming over with to many Trenlanders in the ruck and plenty Swiss in the line the ball bobbled out the side of the ruck and Calum Rivers scooped it up and gave a big boot that only forwards can, up the pitch to the small contingent of Trenland fans delights.

Final Score: 22-12

OOC: Not sure if i was meant to rp the whole match, i'll leave the other 2 for now D:

Seahold
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Seahold » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 am

Seahold Daily News

WONDERFUL PERFORMANCE FOR SEAHOLD'S RUGBY SEVENS TEAM AT THE LONDINIUM TOURNAMENT

The international debut of Seahold's national rugby sevens team went better than everyone expected: the initial 17-19 loss to Hutanjia, that could've been a victory for Seahold if not for the three points scored by Hutanjia's Harold Nepedku towards the end of the game, wasn't enough to discourage our boys, that won the two following matches - two impressive victories against Nova Anglicana (15-33) and Jeckland (24-14). Manager William Hardy is more than satisfied: "They all had more experience than us, but we had youth and speed by our side. This is only the beginning." For Norbert Nathanson, the most prolific scorer for Seahold's team, these victories are more than just victories. The 23 year old, who plays in Norvenia's rugby union championship, dedicated all his tries to his recently deceased mother, a Seaholder who emigrated to Norvenia in the 1980s: "She'd be proud of me. I'm sure of it."

Notsofreeland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notsofreeland » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:10 pm

"Welcome to Notsofreelander sports news!" shouted the large television prompt on the screen watched by the fairly packed pub, in the large city of Antoinette, known for its enthusiastic, and excited sports fans.

"Turn up the TV, will ya" a fairly large, drunken man shouted to the bartender, and watched as the worker obeyed.

The man on the screen's voice got fairly louder as the TV's volume was slowly turned up, "Today we bring you special news about the Notsofreelander national seven's team, currently staying in Nova Anglicana to win the small international championship currently being held there." The crowd in the pub then started to cheer, clap, and whistle at the very mention of the team, showing off their national pride. "Currently, Notsofreeland's personal team lead by our gracious leader's younger brother, and sports enthusiast, Julio Esteban Ricardo Montague, has currently gone 3-0 during this sport season." The crowd start to stir with excitement, and started to clap for their amazing, and hardworking team. "As many of you may know that this is a great accomplishment, and shows off the skills of our amazing players currently listed here on the screen." The room started to get quiet as many fans started to lean in trying to read the large text from different parts of the room, it was as if they were trying to study every aspect of what was going on. The names listed kept going on, and on with different names popping up, and their current season ranking, as well as other characteristics about them. Joseph Angelo was the name that stuck out the most over the others, having been a war hero during the small liberal rebellion five years ago, and leading a total of twelve men to safety he had raised a lot of hype back home. "Now we bring to you Joseph Angelo, being the team VIP both at home, and on the playing field, scoring a total of three impressive field goals, completely dominating the other players in that respect, and now we bring you an interview brought to you by our lovely Angelina Heartman.

The screen then switched off to a well dressed women, and a man in the national Notsofreelander sports uniform marked with the traditional Komodo Dragon icon on the top right side of his chest. The women then smiled, and started to speak "Thank you Geoff, we would like to bring you Joseph Angelo, in front of Nova Angelicana's very own LionAir stadium where all three matches took place, and where we scored a great many victories for our nation. Say how does it feel to be representing your nation again, even if it doesn't mean you are wearing a soldiers uniform?" She asked turning to Joseph, and pointing the Microphone in the direction of his mouth.

"Well first off I would like to say thank you to all those who are supporting me at home," the man said in a fairly soft, and soothing voice. "Now on to your question about representing my country, well I have to say it certainly feels great, and I can't wait to continue to do so again on the field, because it means I don't have to kill someone to show my national pride," Joseph then put on a friendly smile, to show his feelings were real to those at home.

"So is that why you are no longer in the Army?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

"To be honest no, I'm actually fully retired which is shocking since most don't retire from the army until at least thirty-four back home in Notsofreeland, but I got off early due to a serious injury on the left side of my face, causing me to no longer hear as well as I used too, and for the military it was enough for me to get off with medical retirement" he laughed slightly, and then showed the viewers the left side of his face, and how were his ear should be there was just skin stitched together to avoid serious infection.

"So you lost it when you saved those men, during the liberal rebel uprising?" She asked, and watched as the man slightly nodded his head. "What made you want to play sevens then?"

"Well to be honest it was always a childhood dream of mine to play in a seven's tournament, and I took the first chance I got," he laughed slightly, and the women looked at him with a bright smile.

"Is there anything you would like to say to the viewers at home?" She asked in an uninteresting, and professional tone.

"Yes, always love your gracious leader kids, and to serve him wherever you can." he then put on a large smile, and the people in the pub started to woot, and holler.

"Well you heard it here people, and now back to you Geoff" she then smiled as well, but facing the camera instead, as if she was trying to impress the viewers at home.

"Thank you Angelina, I wonder what other great news, and stories that team will bring us in the future" Geoff said putting on a slight smirk, and the continued on with other facts about the team, and players. the short sports news program soon ended after that, and many of the people in the pub started to drink, and continue in their normal day-to-day activities, but with slightly larger smiles than they had before on their faces.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:58 pm

Shocking Development in Londinium 7s Tournament

Londinium is currently hosting an international rugby sevens tournament, with twelve nations, including Nova Anglicana, participating. Of course, whenever one hosts international visitors, one never knows what sort of comedic or awkward situations might arise as the visitor runs into cultural norms different than their own. But the cultural norm violated on Friday resulted in neither a comedic nor an awkward situation, but a criminal one. One of the nations invited to participate was the Free Swiss States, including starting prop Alex Reese. Unfortunately for Mr. Reese, he attempted to smuggle rather a large amount of cocaine into the country via his suitcase. On a routine drug sweep of international baggage, Labrador Retriever "Benson" detected something in one of the suitcases from the FSS. When the suitcase was opened, a number of secret compartments were exposed, containing ten ounces of cocaine, with a street value of AP9,800. Possession of any amount of cocaine is a felony in Nova Anglicana, and the severity of the punishment increases as the amount of the drug increases.

Londinium police located and apprehended Mr. Reese at the hotel in which the Free Swiss States team was staying, charged him with felony drug possession and possession with intent to distribute, and took him into custody. As of the writing of this article, the Free Swiss States delegation had not issued a statement nor had they attempted to get Mr. Reese released from custody. A preliminary hearing is set for tomorrow, with the judge expected to deny Mr. Reese bail, as he poses a potential flight risk. Felony drug charges in Nova Anglicana usually carry a six to eight year minimum sentence for first time offenders (Mr. Reese is charged with two felonies), though the government of Prime Minister Allen Mumford has indicated its willingness to work out an agreement with the Free Swiss States.

On a lighter note, the Swiss didn't seem to miss Mr. Reese terribly, winning two of their three matches on Sunday (though he was only arrested after his first match), the same as the Nova Anglicana Lions. A couple of new nations, Notsofreeland, and West Carpathia, lead the groups with three wins in three matches.

With that, MD2 is cut off.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:23 pm

MD4
Neu Engollon 21–21 Darmen
Notsofreeland 36–0 Free Swiss States
Britonisea 7–31 Trenland

MD5
Trenland 31–5 Neu Engollon
Free Swiss States 22–12 Britonisea
Darmen 21–26 Notsofreeland

Group A              Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Notsofreeland 5 5 0 0 134 61 +73 15
2 Trenland 5 4 0 1 133 55 +78 13

3 Free Swiss States 5 3 0 2 82 96 −14 11
4 Darmen 5 1 1 3 99 111 −12 8
5 Neu Engollon 5 1 1 3 88 100 −12 8
6 Britonisea 5 0 0 5 40 153 −113 5

MD4
Jeckland 7–29 Hutanjia
Nova Anglicana 33–7 West Carpathia
Seahold 29–7 Hicana

Hicana 28–12 Jeckland
West Carpathia 21–26 Seahold
Hutanjia 12–29 Nova Anglicana

Group B              Pld   W  D  L   PF  PA  PD  Pts 
1 Seahold 5 4 0 1 129 76 +53 13
2 Nova Anglicana 5 4 0 1 153 66 +87 13

3 Hutanjia 5 3 0 2 99 82 +17 11
4 West Carpathia 5 3 0 2 101 107 −6 11
5 Hicana 5 1 0 4 59 128 −69 7
6 Jeckland 5 0 0 5 64 146 −82 5

Qualified for Cup Competition

Cup Competition Bracket (A1 vs B2, B1 vs A2, 3rd place game will be played)

#1 Notsofreeland vs. #4 Nova Anglicana
#2 Seahold vs. #3 Trenland

Plate Competition Bracket (seeded by points, etc. 1-8 regardless of group)

#1 Hutanjia vs. #8 Britonisea
#2 West Carpathia vs. #7 Jeckland
#3 Free Swiss States vs. #6 Hicana
#4 Darmen vs. #5 Neu Engollon

Bowl Competition Bracket

1-8 loser vs. 4-5 loser
2-7 loser vs. 3-6 loser

The Plate and Bowl Competitions will take place tomorrow, 6/3, while the Cup Competition will take place on Wednesday 6/4.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Seahold
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Seahold » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Seahold Daily News

SEAHOLD'S RUGBY SEVENS TEAM DEFEATS HICANA AND WEST CARPATHIA - FIRST PLACE IN GROUP B

The victories against Nova Anglicana and Jeckland weren't a fluke: the national Rugby Sevens team of Seahold continues to prove itself a force to be reckoned with, after demolishing Hicana 29-7, and defeating West Carpathia 21-26, in a thrilling match whose last try was scored by Hadley Lyon, who replaced Kenneth Adcock in the last few minutes of the second half - after the injured Adcock had to leave the field. Seahold finishes Group B in first place, followed by Nova Anglicana; our team will face Trenland, Group A's runner-up, in the Londinium Sevens Tournament semi-final.

Free Swiss States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Swiss States » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:20 am

The Free Swiss States Gazette
Disaster!

Disaster struck the Swiss national team yesterday in Nova Angelicana as long-running family feuds led to a vicious shoot-out between players Ruadhan MacNeil and Conrad McPharlain. The MacNeil/McPharlain rivalry which has existed for centuries was thought dormant, until yesterday a viral video of a McPharlain family member in Lusavik taking a dump on a MacNeil house porch exploded on the webs. In the hours since, hazing and pub brawls have become rampant across the Free Swiss States. Apparently, these outside forces combined with the tournament stress led the two rival players to snap, as an only slightly unfriendly argument eventually snowballed into an all out war with each player forced to take sides.

Although reports are muddled and unclear, apparently the shootout occured at the hotel at which the team had taken up residence. Eyewitnesss report that "people were shooting over the balconies," and 'supper was completely ruined." Three players have been confirmed dead, as both Ruadhan MacNeil and Conrad McPharlain reportedly killed each other at the same time, and player Jared Collins accidentally shot himself. The rest of the team has been incarcerated by Nova Angelicanan authorities, with the exception of team manager Jonah Nizzy, who is missing. The team will join player Alex Reese who had already found himself behind bars for the attempted smuggling of illegal drugs.

The FSS government has released no official statement as of publishing time, but a trusted correspondent claims that "God, Nova Angelicana can keep them. We don't want them here!"
Last edited by Free Swiss States on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:18 am

RUGBY CORNER

Dismal Showing In Nova Anglicana

By Jean Marc Charjan

The header says it all. There's really nothing that can be said here to alleviate the painful, awkward need to actually turn off Neu Engollian rugby. I'm talking about our National Sevens squad in Londinium, Nova Anglicana for the Londinium Sevens. We could make excuses for them, that they are in the off season from regular 15 squad International play, but the performance on the pitch has been far beyond mere apathy and exhaustion.

It is appalling really.
They have drawn a match against the powerful Darmeni All Greens, probably one of the only other rugby powerhouses in this tournament besides the hosts, yet also managed to lose their other matches to no-names, including one nation that shares nomenclature with our heritage. Same said nation has had players arrested here for narcotics smuggling (Mr. Alex Reese), players and fans feuding like hillbillies and carrying on in other chaotic, idiotic ways, but still managed to have some decent days out on the pitch.

There is a consolation match against Darmen, and maybe a match or two after that for plate, bowl, spoon or melon baller. Honestly, I don't understand the schedule or why nations were playing 3 matches in a row in one afternoon, but it doesn't matter at this point as you will all probably join me in watching the Ibex, our national hockey team continue on into the playoffs at the World Cup of Hockey, and find other entertainment during the abysmal sevens scheduled replays on NETV 19 Espora.

Meanwhile, the Goats need to come home and hide, not coming out until the AVRU season starts up again. That is the best thing they could do right now to save face is to stay out of the public eye after this travesty.
Should you really, absolutely have to torture yourself, the matches are, as stated previously, on NETV 19 Sports on delay. Check your local listings, but really...don't.

** JMC **
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Notsofreeland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notsofreeland » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:44 am

"Welcome back to Notsofreelander sports news" the television prompt said loudly, as if it was trying to get the attention of people miles off. The small group of family, and friends sat quietly on the couch, and watched the T.V. attentively. "We bring you here today for more great news on the current tournament going on in the nation of Nova Anglicana, and how they have currently gone five, and O', not losing a single match so far making them eligible for the Cup Competition Bracket." The family started to scream with excitement, and some of the children started to jump up, and down in pure joy at the great news. "This means that our nation's team will now face of against Nova Anglicana's team in the next game in a few days from now, and we can't wait to see what they will manage to pull of next." The Anchorman's face shinned brightly, and his perfect white teeth was nearly bright enough to where you could see a slight glare on the camera. "Now we bring you with Angelina, who is currently at Nova Anglicana, in front of Kelly Park where our team will be playing off against Nova Anglicana."

The television screen then switched to a women in front of a fairly large stadium who had a bright smile on her face. "Thank you Geoff, we are current in front of Kelly Park, an extremely large, and beautiful stadium, where many World Cup qualifiers have played." She then turned to a man who was standing next to her. "Today I would like to talk to Bastion Winfrey, a reserve on the team, and also the shortest member, but still managed to stay strong when player Gustavo Salvador sprained his leg during the match against Darmen." The family, and friends in the group started shouting and hollering at the very mention of his name. They where all close to Bastion Winfrey, and when they heard that is was going to be interviewed friends, family, and neighbors all gathered around a single television in the small town that they lived. It was the first time someone who lived their had ever even traveled to a large city, let alone another country. The women continued, and turned to the man, "So what exactly is it like being the shortest member on the team?"

The man smirked slightly, and even started to giggle. "Well I have never really cared to much that I am the shortest member on the team, and neither have the other players. All they have ever cared about was if I could play, or not." He then looked at her, and she then went quiet accepting his statement as an answer.

"Well I think you certainly proved yourself in our most recent match. Are their any plans on you playing in the next match?" She asked with a slightly dulled smile on her face, clearly faking it now due to the mans last remark.

"Yes I am to continue filling in for Gustavo, the doctors here in Nova Anglicana say that he should stay off his leg for another week, meaning that he is pretty much completely out of the tournament." His smile turned into a frown, but he then looked up at the women, and continued, "But I assure you I will play twice as hard knowing that I have to fill in his shoes."

"Yes, I'm sure that it must be very hard for you to fit into his shoes," She then smirked at her own cruel attempt to make a joke, but Bastion just looked at her not amused. "I'm sure you will do fine though, is their anyone you would like to thank at home before we sign off?"

"Actually, yes I would, I would like to think my Mom, my Dad, my little sister July, and my friend Thomas all for supporting me, and pushing me forward to leave the life of that small town, and to join up in the big leagues." His heartfelt speech started making several people in the family room watching the T.V. start to tear up, and get even more excited. They showed their support for him, as any family would do.

"Well that was a great speech, and thank you for your time, now back to you Geoff." The screen then turned to the man, and he started to speak, but the family watched all that they wanted to, and changed the channel to a rerun of the most recent match on a different sports channel.

West Carpathia (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby West Carpathia (Ancient) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Carpathian Sportsnet

West Carpathia Nearly Qualifies for the Cup
After starting the group off undefeated in three matchdays, The Reds were primed to finish in the top two all they had to do was win one of the next two games. A tough challenge awaited West Carpathia in their next match as they faced Host Nation Nova Anglicana. It seemed the crowd and the pressure got to the West Carpathian team as they were dominated by the Host Nation 33-7 and the only points scored by the Reds were in the dying moments of the match. While not out, they had to put everything into the game against Seahold, Win and their in, Lose and they have to settle for the Plate. The teams were neck and neck as they battled on the pitch. West Carpathia up 21-19 near the end till a bad bounce and Seahold player Hadley Lyon runs it in for try and scores the conversion. The Final Score was 26-21, West Carpathia failed to move on to the Cup, While disapointed they still placed for a chance to win the Plate. West Carpathia's First international tournament has been a good show for a nation not known for its Rugby. Next up for West Carpathia is Jeckland who the Reds beat in the second game of the tournament, hoping to do it again, Jeckland will be looking to avenge their loss and look to rebound after the disapointing group stage.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Crime Mars Tournament, Londinium Residents In An Uproar

Things have gone from bad to worse. The Free Swiss States' Alex Reese was arrested after his first game of the Londinium rugby sevens tournament for smuggling cocaine into the country and now several players from that same side are dead after an evening shootout, with the rest of the team incarcerated. Ruadhan MacNeil and Conrad McPharlain were bitter rivals, and things came to a head after their first day in the tournament, each taking the other's life at their Londinium hotel. Police did not arrive in time to stop the two men from attacking each other, but they did apprehend the rest of the Free Swiss States team and prevent any more violence from taking place. Team Manager Jonah Nizzy is rumored to have left the country on a flight in the wee hours of the morning, though he can expect to face condemnation from the FSS Rugby Board and their government for letting things spiral out of control.

Jared Collins, another member of the team, injured himself via gunshot wound and is in the hospital for treatment. He is expected to be arrested for unlawful discharge of a firearm, and the rest of the team is in jail pending an investigation. Police found other firearms and weapons such as nunchaku, brass knuckles, and an antique Chinese jian, in the hotel rooms the FSS players were staying in. These were apparently mailed into the country, and the Nova Anglican Postal Service is under fire for not properly screening the packages. Once ownership is ascertained, the various players are expected to be charged with unlawful possession of a prohibited weapon, as well as public disturbance. It appears that there will not be much resistance from the FSS government in the prosecution of these men. A lengthy prison sentence is expected for Mr. Reese, and Mr. Collins will do prison time of some length. For the other players, public opinion leans toward fines and deportation, as many citizens do not want troublemakers such as these on Nova Anglican soil, not even in prison.

As for the rugby, the Lions have not let the violence deter them from playing well, winning four of five matches and advancing to the Cup (championship) competition by finishing in second place in their group. They will face upstarts Notsofreeland, who won all five of their matches despite not having a player standing taller than 5'9 or weighing more than 136 lbs. But the Lions will have the day off today, as Kelly Park will be occupied by the Plate and Bowl competitions today.

Plate and Bowl competitions cut off.

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:37 pm

Plate Quarterfinal 1
Hutanjia 29–7 Britonisea

Plate Quarterfinal 2
West Carpathia 31–5 Jeckland

Plate Quarterfinal 3
Free Swiss States 0–20 Hicana (awarded 20-0 forfeit victory due to incarceration of FSS team)

Plate Quarterfinal 4
Darmen 24–14 Neu Engollon

Plate Semifinal 1
Hutanjia 31–7 Darmen

Plate Semifinal 2
West Carpathia 31–14 Hicana

Bowl Semifinal 1
Neu Engollon 24–12 Britonisea

Bowl Semifinal 2
Free Swiss States 0–20 Jeckland (forfeit)

Plate Final
Hutanjia 20–14 West Carpathia

Bowl Final
Neu Engollon 34–0 Jeckland

Congratulations to the Spiders of Hutanjia for winning the Plate trophy in the inaugural Londinium 7s tournament (trophy seen here).

Also, congratulations to the Ibex of Neu Engollon for winning the Bowl trophy in the inaugural Londinium 7s tournament (trophy, not the Ibex, seen here).

Commiserations to West Carpathia for a valiant effort against Hutanjia. Jeckland, better luck next time. The Cup competition will take place tomorrow. Even if your team has finished its play, please feel free to RP in this thread about their exploits or about your fans exploring Londinium or gearing up to watch the teams play for the Cup (it will affect your ranking in a future edition of the Londinium 7s tournament)!

Champions

Runners-up

3rd Place

4th Place

Quarterfinals

Hosted

Trenland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trenland » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Newspaper Article in Ceroth City Times:

Success Shocks Trenland's Boys

After some early successes in the Londinium 7s Tournament the Trenland team went from strength to strength Trenland managed to easily dispose of opposition from Britionisea and Neu Engollon, scoring 31 in both and only concedding 7 and 5 respectivly. Captain and older of the Talbert Trio,Alfie Talbert, spoke out about recent preformances to an assembled newscrew in a press breifing in Londinium.
"Yeah it's been suprising that we've done this well, but in a way not too suprising... Like if you look at the players we've got they're a good team, unknown but no "ungood"... It's also been great to play with not much pressure since, like, we can really get on and play and not really worry about the result which allows us to be quite attacking which we like..."

Niko Seto the recently appointed interim manager whilst Mr. Talbert recoveres from a tragic sudden illness not allowing him to coach his carefully cultivated team.
"There's been a lot of pressure on the boys recently, but they've just shrugged if off like men and got on with it. Having no coach and the tournament challenge almost called off was really going to be dispointing from them and when i went to see Fred [Talbert] and he told be from his hospital bed that they had to go, well what was i too do so i took over the boys and basically said: Play like you've done before and you'll do fine. And well they have been and they've been going from strength to strength. It's been great in a way that the media has started to get behind us now when we really need it, but was actually quite good in the earlier games allowing our players just to relax and think 'If it goes wrong who cares'. Though i think that in these later stages it's really cruical that we get a bit of pressure and the boys are mature enough to cope and hopefully be spurned on, in the upcoming match against Seahold. It'll be great playing against a good but inexperience side that also likes to try creativity. Both teams will really be trying to just play the game that they've come to love recently. I've had a few words with William Hardy [Seahold Manager] and he seems like a great guy as do his team so really i'd happily go out to such competition but of course the team got here by wanting to win, so i reckon we've got a shot."

The Trenland team has recently seen popularity swell due to the success of the team. Rugby Union of Trenland (RUT) head: Davis Karth said that the popularity has been long over due and hope the team can go on and continue to impress not just their own nation but internationally. He said "...the success has been a fitting tribute to a legend of the sport, on and off the pitch; Fred Talbert".

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports