NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 24 [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:08 am

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

The Road- (4)

It was about a year ago that a kid named Ryan Keith made the team out of training camp, the only freshman since Dumont to do so. He was with dynamic talent, but seemed to lack what’s needed to push him to the top, according to Coach Duval. As the result, the very hotshot prospect was assigned to mentor Ryan to help with his development. Normally arrangements like this tended to produce varying degrees of success, with light chance of success. So the risk was there. Fortunately, Alexandre became good friends with him and helped him to have a decent rookie season mirroring that of Mikhail Komarov. Lately they have been enjoying some good chats on MyBook or hanging out when neither are that busy (which is quite rare, to be honest).

Today they were just by themselves, just hanging out at one Sunday evening. It was at the middle of the evening, with the watch indicting the time ’19:45’. Now done with some native-styled Norreish meal at Jurgen’s, they were at a park, sitting in a bench like good ol’ friends.

“Pass me the cigar.” Alexandre said, pointing at the very spot in his bag where he stored his cigarettes. Ryan quickly took out the pack of cigarettes from a pocket of his jeans to Alexandre, who then took out two and lit both before putting it in his mouth. Being up north, most athletes smoked regularly. Smoking was a key social custom, in particular. Before the game, have a smoke.
Right after practice, have a smoke! During intermission or team dinner, have a smoke as well! No wonder why Ferland, one of Multiverse’s largest cigarette companies, is based in the closest major city of Sudbury!

Our very main character of the story very well knew the dangers of smoking to a young athlete, but didn’t bother to quit. Someday, when he plays under big lights of Quebec City or Kenora he’ll have to, due to the totally different social norms in existence outside of this globe named Northern Ontario, but he’s not in yet so he just decided to make the best out of it while he’s still home.

Once done sucking all the negative dirt out of the cigars, Alexandre pulled it out of his mouth and placed them at the ashtray, right next to them in a desk. The smoke was lightly coating the very atmosphere around them, like fog on a misty lake. Then they started to talk like usual, with Alexandre just telling him a bit about how to improve Ryan’s skillset, which was followed by some conversation regarding hockey, like usual.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“My son,” he jokefully said it, except that the tone was far too serious to meant it in that way, ”We need to talk.”

“Yes, Alex?” Ryan asked, wondering what his mentor wanted to say. He saw from the very corners of his eyes that this time, he was going to talk to him about something extremely seriously. Strange, He thought while looking at him. He’s never the one who’d be serious on this.

“What would you say if I do say that I’m in love with your sister?” The older one spoke, with his voice in a mix of anxiety and other emotions. This was the first time that he admitted this to someone aside from Semyon and Michael, and he knew the potential risks it carried.

Then out of surprise, Ryan just gave a light smile.
“I saw it coming, man.” The younger guy responded cheerfully, ”You always was the guy, especially out of grads, who cared about her out of all. After all, hockey players are not necessarily the type that would be interested in her.”

This was very much true, he realised. His fellow teammates (or at least the ones in seniors) generally had their own social lives mostly on their lightheaded, popular friends in their grade, with some of those in junior grade as well. While Marianne was certainly not the one at the opposite end of the spectrum, for she still had a large number of friends, but wasn’t that close to the jouers in his grade. After all, Ogoki Lakes had a fairly large student population (175 per grade), and there’s the diversity of social groups in its demographics as well.

“Hmm.” He responded, finding his mentee’s reaction surprising, before asking back, ”What triggered you to figure this out?”

“Well, I remember back when I came to visit you after the crash near Arlanda. The flight, which the Elder Brisebois paid the cost for, got delayed for several hours at Sudbury so I arrived at like 2 in the morning.”

“Then?”

“You were asleep in your hospital bed, calling ‘Marianne….Marianne’ while I was there with a doctor whose name I forgot. It was then that I realised that there’s something serious. Afterwards I checked the things between you guys and realised that something’s strange and unique about this one. That’s how I got to know.”

“I see.” He smiled at his mentee, knowing that he was not lying about it. Alex then gave him a pat in the back, “Thanks for being so co-operative by not letting this bean spill.” Alexandre then felt some sense of relief in his body, knowing that his love life won’t be on his or anyone’s way for the time being.

Then, to change the topic, he asked. “So at being said, are you looking forward to Wolves this season?”
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Saturday, 15 minutes before puckdrop

Locker room was packed with the players, all dressed up in their uniforms, when Alexandre entered it. Unlike most times, when he’s among the earliest ones to enter the locker room and get ready, he arrived late. Many wondered what brought Alexandre to such a late arrival, but decided to not ask unless someone else did. Eventually, someone had to break the silence and ask, and it was no less from a fellow veteran.

“You’re late, Alex.” Said Eric Downie, the senior defenseman who’s in the team since his sophomore year. He was one of those boys who were not necessary the smartest, but put all the effort out on the ice.
Alexandre turned at his teammate and gave him a slight nod, before saying, “I know, Eric.” The tone of his voice showed that he didn’t really care that much about what his friend thought of. He was already in game mode, getting his mind just ready to deal with the very opponents.

He then dropped his long, black bag with his hockey equipment and sat on his stall. It was right next to Ryan and Nikolai (Zadorov). Once at his stall, he zipped open the bag and picked his skates up. Then he followed it by tying his skates, the one last step he took before getting ready for the game. He had already taped his stick with a light black tape he used since the age of 9 all the way back home. He felt little bit of challenge tying his skates however, as many things distracted him from doing the action properly. His head, instead of what is expected to be filled with, was occupied by all sorts of questions and thoughts.
Am I ready? What do those Three Lakes people think of me and the team right now? Most importantly of all, will she be there?
Thoughts of all sorts flew inside his head, as he managed to get it done.

By the time when he was done, the only one remaining with him was Jonathan Gaunce, the Captain of the very squad. He was waiting for his teammate to tie the goddamn skates so that Alexandre can stand in front of him, for on-ice introduction part of the season opener. He stood, gave his captain a fist pump and walked out of the locker room.

On the alleyway to the ice a line was formed, based on the players’ numbers, with the Alternate Captains and Captain to be the last ones to enter the ice. Right now, the coach was giving each player individual comments and advices right before the game. Normally they were quite helpful and motivational, even though not all of them were that pleasant or worked.
The players, once done or while waiting for it, were now using their sticks to get themselves ready. Some were having some chats with each other, while others closed their eyes and got themselves ready ahead of the game.

“Alex. Do what you know the best.” Coach Duval looked at him in the eyes, as he said his last words before the game, “Intercept the movements on ice and take over accordingly. It’s up to you to execute that, but always remember the basics of the game.”

“What do you mean, sir?” Alexandre wondered, being confused over why he’s saying it.

“Those players we saw from Three Rivers are intimidating but slow. So you can certainly deal with their clogging of neutral zone once you find flaws in their way. Don’t let them dictate your game. Instead, let them outplay themselves by being outskated and outscored. Let’s show the World how we are here for good, and for the Championships.”

He nodded his head and walked into the tunnel. Neither the deafening cheer of the hometown crowd nor the flashing lights upon his entrance didn’t bother him. He just enjoyed it. He knew that he was going to write a new chapter in his own life, and that of the whole Ogoki High School Lakers.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:22 pm

My apologies to all those I have played for the lateness of this. With school now winding down, I hope to be active for however longer I am in the tournament.

Sicoutimont National Ice Hockey Team for the World Cup of Hockey's 24th Edition

Coach: Michel Nillonier
Assistant Coach: Guy Bouchard
Trainer: Dr. Jean Chamblat
Style Modifier: +3
RP Permissions:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes, within reason.
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes, I decide length and severity.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes, usually 3-4 per game by the team.
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes, 1 per game.
Godmod Other Events: Yes, within reason.

Roster
Forwards Unit 1
Position-Name-Number-
RW-Jean-Pierre Dandenault-#17
C-Maurice Rolloton-#28
LW-Jean-Luc Desjardins-#9
-Desjardins is the best player on the team, and is complimented nicely by Dandenault and Rolloton, 2 great passers with a scoring touch to them as well.

Forwards Unit 2
RW-Gaspard Richard-#12
C-Lucien Beliveau-#44
LW-Alex Savard-#22
-Savard, a natural centre, decided to take the role of Left Wing to play on the national team, and he'll fit great with Richard and Beliveau.

Forwards Unit 3
RW-Alexandre St. Laurier-#19
C-Guillaume Lalond-#23
LW-Guy Labaie-#36
-The grinder line of this national team. They aren't the type coach Nillonier will put when down 3-0 with a few minutes left, however, they'd be the type to go out and have a hard-hitting shift to inspire the team and their fans. St. Laurier is also a bit of an agitator.

Forwards Unit 4
RW-Charles Sarulon-#27
C-Etienne Beaucoup-#14
LW-Mark McCluskey-#72
-The 4th line. Not the most skilled players, or not the toughest. These three are definitely not equal to the sum of their parts alone, but together they have impressed in previous tournaments.

Extra Forwards
RW-Hugo Tremblay-#54
RW-Guy Trottier-#66
C-Jean Bouvet-#49
LW-Thomas Tey-#78

Defence Unit 1
RD-Seamus Sinclair-#2
LD-Loic Lenouvre-#6
-The best defenders we've got, Sinclair and Lenouvre are big and tough (6'5 and 6'4 respectively) and can throw around opposing forwards. They bow down in height, however, to....

Defence Unit 2
RD-Julio Archambaul-#3
LD-Elso Kekkonen-#7
-These guys. Archambault stands at 6'11, the tallest Sicoutian player ever, and Kekkonen at 6'8. Kekkonen has impressed playing in the Quebec league, and now, at 21 years of age, looks to continue his success from the previous WCoH into this tournament.

Defence Unit 3
RD-Archibald Laurentine-#4
LD-Rick Rover-#60
-The smaller, but not less skilled of the defence, Rover and Laurentine can play the game better than most on this Sicoutian team, and the puck-moving skills they possess will be of great help in the tougher games. Rover brings some experience to this pair, having won the first NSCAA College Hockey Tournament as defender for Universite-Centrale.

Extra Defenders
RD-Rene Bouchard-#5
RD-Martin St-Telesphore-#40
LD-Arnold St-Laurent-#49
LD-Lucas Girard-#79
LD-Leonard Rampart-#33

Goalies
G1-Etienne Bouchard-#1
G2-Louis Lefay-#31
G3-Lucas Giguere-#41
-Bouchard will start most games, with Lefay his back-up. Lucas Giguere will only start if one of the goalies gets injured and cannot play.

Jerseys
-Designed by Vulpine Sportiff

Coach Nillonier did not make many changes to the lineup between tournaments. Yves Lapierre retired, and Rick Rover came off the bench to replace him. Rene Brunelle, who missed the last WCoH with an injury, rejoins the squad after a solid year with Winnipeg (QHL). Thomas Tey also cracks the lineup, a strong defensive forward who coach Nillonier will likely use now, later in the tournament. After a surprising play-off run, defeating the side from Arkiasis 6-1 and 3-2 in the Round of 16 to move on to the Quarterfinals against multiple WCoH champion Havl. Sicoutimont took the first game 5-3, and won the second game 4-3 in overtime after a Jean-Luc Desjardins snipe. Due to the Press Writer's Strike, we were unable to previously bring you coverage of the results of the matches. With the strike ending after a deal last night, we are ready to bring you WCoH action as the boys in bleu take on Gregoryisgodistan in what should be a great Semifinal.
Last edited by Sicoutimont on Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Green Republic of Sicoutimont
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Cutoff for Semifinals, Game 1

SEMIFINALS
Game 1

Valanora 6–3 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Valanora leads series 1-0

Sicoutimont 3–2 Gregoryisgodistan
Sicoutimont leads series 1-0
Last edited by Sangti on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:05 am

"Good evening, Neu Engollon.
Magda Wertauer with you on the NETV Sports 7 Update. We have news from the World Cup of Hockey in the Royal Barangay. The Neu Engollon Ibex have played their last match of the Cup. They are being sent home after a tough, close match with the Valanora Calcuttas, whose winger Lanethdal put a goal in 7 minutes into overtime to break the 4 all tie.

The Calcuttas were a tough team, and the Ibex have faced top ranked teams before, but not at this level of play, this far into a Cup tournament. Still, they were able to match the Vanorans shot for shot through all three regulation periods, as the Calcuttas threw all their scoring lines at them over the course of the match. We saw Volkzein, Terfram, Velper and Dermbech all get shots in, with Terfram and Velper's both being in the third period as pressure stepped up and the Vanorans responded in kind. Ultimately, it wasn't enough to overcome the Calcutta onslaught. One hopes they learned some lessons to take into the next Cup, as we're sure that they'll attempt to come back and go further than the quarterfinals the next time around.

We are proud of our Ibex, and quite a crowd will be there to greet them as they fly into Albertville International tomorrow night. Impromptu celebrations may be over, but an official welcome back to congratulate the team on furthering Ibex hockey and raising the bar will be held in Albertville the following evening after their arrival. Minister Toft of the TCS (Tourism, Culture & Sport) Ministry will be the Master of Ceremonies in the Sallaudito de Rhône and several acts will perform, such as the Podunkers, Frigidmares and some top comedians to roast Coach Le Houne. We will broadcast the festivities on NETV Sports 7 and on delay on 19. Great job, Ibex! Come on home."
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:00 am

The Lac-Drouin Times
Sports
Sicoutians A Win Away From WCoH Finals

GUETI (The Royal Barangay) -- The Sicoutimont National Hockey team are a win away from the World Cup of Hockey finals. The boys took game 1 of their semifinal against the team from Gregoryisgodistan by a final score of 3-2. ''We know they will be a tough team to play against, we've all heard the stories,'' coach Nillonier addressed the press before the game. ''It's different having you guys around, haha,'' he joked, as many of the writers had only arrived the night before due to the strike. Captain Jean-Luc Desjardins said ''Like the coach said, it's going to be a tough match, we want to get there, we know the guys on the other side want to get there, it'll be a battle.''

Sicoutimont certainly started the game battling. Sicoutimont were trying to play a harder, tougher style than usual, and early in the game, it was not working. It was a train of purple and blue to the penalty box early on, slashing, boarding and so on. Etienne Bouchard held the fort, being the team's best penalty killer, but he couldn't do it forever. With 13 minutes to play in the first period, already on their second powerplay, Gregoryisgodistan buried the puck. Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson, the captain of the team, was the one to score the goal. Seeing the problems in his team's play early on, Nillonier took his time-out. ''I can't tell you what I said, it's not appropriate for national TV. But hey, it got them going,'' he said later. Immediately after the time-out, Sicoutimont were a different hockey team.

Sicoutimont would even up the score before the end of the first period. This time on a Sicoutian power play, the first of the game, Jean-Luc Desjardins had the puck on his stick at the circle, and cycled it back to defender Elso Kekkonen. Kekkonen's big slap-shot hit the goalie in the chest, and as the first unit changed with only 15 seconds on the power-play, coach Nillonier sent out his third line. They would come up big, with Guy Labaie firing a wrist shot past the goalie just after the penalty had expired. With 2 minutes to play in the first, the score was now even, 1-1.

Coach Nillonier's message in the intermission was simple. ''I told them to play hockey, not goon it up. Use the skills you used to get on this team, and we can take this game.'' Early in the period, Sicoutimont would strike again to take the lead in the game. Hemmed in their own zone, forward line 2 and defence pair 1 defended for a good 45 seconds in their own zone. Alex Savard chipped the puck in to get the line change, and the first line came on. After the great shift by the second line, the first line wanted to continue the momentum. Seamus Sinclair, the veteran on the Sicoutian line, in what may be one of his last WCoH tournaments, fed the puck straight to Maurice Rolloton on the 2-on-1. Rolloton went in for the wrap-around, but the Gregoryisgodistani goalie turned it away off the pad. The rebound, however, went straight to Sinclair, who roofed the puck into the goal. After just 4 minutes in the second period, Sicoutimont led 2-1.

Gregoryisgodistan would, however, bounce back to tie the game before the end of the period. On a bouncing puck, Charles Sarulon was called for a high sticking penalty. The controversial call sent Sarulon off for 2 minutes, and the Sicoutian penalty kill was back to work for the sixth time in the game. Once again Bouchard held the fort in goal, stopping shots for a good amount of time until the goal came. Police Officer PIODO fired a shot from the point, and it looked like Bouchard would have it. However, the puck hit the leg of Rick Rover and deflected into the net. The goal went to Police Officer PIODO, who had tied the game at 2 near the end of the second period.

The third period saw much action at both sides, as they realized that the next goal would probably be enough to win. But both goalies, Etienne Bouchard and Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel, were stellar in goal. Sicoutimont came the closest, however, with a disallowed goal with 12 minutes to play. Jean-Luc Desjardins' pass caught Jean-Pierre Dandenault in front of the night, but when McFattel dove for the puck it came loose. Dandenault, attempting to kick it to his stick, instead kicked it into the net. And so, the score remained at 2-2.

Finally, with just under 5 minutes to play in the third, Jean-Luc Desjardins would put away the winner. The overtime hero against Havl came up big again, as Sicoutimont pressurized the zone. Rick Rover got the puck to Maurice Rolloton, and as the defence changed up, Rolloton fired the puck to Desjardins. A step, a fake-shot and another step later, the puck was in the back of the net and Sicoutimont had a 3-2 lead. Gregoryisgodistan pressured hard in the final minutes, pulling the goalie with 1:15 to play. It almost came to fruition, but Etienne Bouchard again made some big saves. The dead-tired Sicoutians almost collapsed at the final buzzer, but they had done enough to keep the lead in the game, and give Sicoutimont the lead in the series.

Now with that lead in the series, Sicoutimont will look to advance to their first final in WCoH history tonight, with another game against Gregoryisgodistan in Gueti. ''We just have to keep doing what we've been doing. We all remember being in the stands in Lac-Drouin watching Havl win the championship, and this year, we want to be that team,'' said captain and goal scorer Jean-Luc Desjardins. ''We can't think ahead, we've got to play a tough team in Gregoryisgodistan for at least 1 more game. This is what we have to focus on, and we believe in our team and that we can get there. We have some great leaders in the room, and we're going to be ready to go for game 2.''

Although many of the games were missed due to the strike, as usual, The Lac-Drouin Times will be there before and after the game for all the highlights and stories, as Sicoutimont and Gregoryisgodistan go up again for Game 2 in this semi-final series. In the other semi-final, Valanora took a 1-0 lead, defeating The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6-3. Valanora have previously won 3 WCoH titles, and 2 Winter Olympics Gold Medals in hockey, while Quebec, recognized as one of the foremost hockey teams in the world and the home of the WCoH Federation Presidency, are also looking to reach their first final. We'll be here for Game 2, as Sicoutimont fights for their first-ever finals birth.
Population: 110,500,000 | Capital: Lac-Drouin | Language: Sicoutian | Country Code: SIC

Under the wise leadership of Chairman Alphonse Pomeroy we will brighten our future!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:35 am

June 15 Episode of Family Fight Game Show Transcript

Host: Hello, and welcome to Family Fight, the game show which is most certainly Lord Almighty Gregory's original invention. We have two families here today, Family 1 is over here and Family 2 is over here. Come on down, people. First up, we have Doctor KXLXLXLX for Family 1 and Clockmaker UD1020A for Family 2. Here's the question, top six answers on the board. Name something you might get your spouse for their birthday that you would not get Lord Almighty Gregory for his birthday.

Doctor: *hits buzzer first*
Host: Family 1?
Doctor: A vibrator?
*audience laughs*
Host: Survey says? Oh, sex toy is the number two answer, with 20 points. Clockmaker UD1020A, your turn, can you get the number 1 answer?
Clockaker UD1020A: How about a picture of Lord Almighty Gregory? He doesn't need that.
Host: Survey says? Number three answer is Picture of Lord Almighty Gregory with 10 points. But Family 1 wins this buzz-in and now it's their turn. We go to Youth L1200PZA, 17 year old sweet little girl. Ma'am, what do you think?
Youth: How about prune juice?
Host: Survey says? Number four answer with 7 points. Now we go to Lady Soldier 3SSSISISISS. Ma'am?
Lady Soldier: How about gruel?
Host: Survey says? Our number five answer with six points. Now we move down the line to Soldier USUALSO, a Bat Slave baseball player to boot. Sir?
Soldier: How about lingerie?
Host: Survey says? Number six answer, five points. Now we move back to the good Doctor.
Doctor: How about a bra?
Host: Survey says? *BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ* Oh, sorry. One strike. Youth L1200PZA?
Youth: How about nothing? Because we should love Lord Almighty Gregory more than our spouses?
Host: Survey says? 400 points, number one answer, you win!
Family 2: But there should only be 100 points on the board.
Host: But they learned their lesson, so they win. Love Lord Almighty Gregory more than your spouse and be sure to get him a birthday present.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Valanora
Senator

Founded: Sep 03, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Valanora » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:20 pm

"So, despite that huge setback with the horrible loss in Game 2 of the Round of Sixteen, the Calcuttas are still alive and on the brink of entering the championship series. What a turn around, from going the worst loss ever suffered by the national team, to three straight wins over quality opponents who had to be licking their chops and favoring their chances to topple the national team."

"That is the way the cookie crumbles in sports. That Game 2 saw at least a half dozen shots bounce off the iron, half inches on the wrong side of the pipe each team for the team. All the little bounces were going Torisaskia's way in that game, perhaps the side also a bit emotionally drained after the stellar shootout victory. Yet the side did what championship caliber teams do and responded in fashion, downing the Toris in a masterful way and then taking care of the high flying Neu Engollon in back to back games that showed just how powerful and potent our attack is when clicking right."

"And the Quebecois found that out last night as well, a six to three thrashing, never saw that coming, epecially with the Quebec scouts having been at the Tori matches. You would have thought they would have found the formula in those three games on how to stop our top lines, but it seemed that the side was able to spring their game on them all the same."

"And now, one more victory like that and Valanora will once more be in the championship series, back to the podium of the ice hockey elite. Quite fitting after back to back championships in the Winter Olympics, would go quite a long way to restoring the confidence in the VSC after several domestic failures across various sports and national teams. Couple a WCoH title with an AOCAF title and the would be scapegoats would turn out to be looking like quite the geniuses and national heroes."

"The pendulium of luck does seem to be swinging back in Vanorian favor, that's true, though the Quebec are still alive in this series. Another game like game 2 against Tori and we are right back into the scrap for that spot. Can only hope that the pressure of the moment does not get to the side and they show the same sort of calm resiliance that Laborious Hawk seems to have for the Marauders. Would be such a sucker punch to get this close and then have it slip away."

"All too true, yet these are Vanorians you are talking about, we're known for our professional approach. I don't seem the side letting up, though the Quebecois could very well rise to the occasion. It should make for very good if stressful watching..."
World Cup 40, 42, 43, 52, & 61 Champions
WC 47, 51, 94 (2nd), WC 34, 38, 39, 41, 44, 45, 53, 60, 67, 92 (3rd), WC 49, 58, 87, 90 (Semifinalist), WC 33, 35-37, 46, 48, 54, 55, 62, 63, 65, 72, 83, 85, 86, 88, 91 (Quarterfinalist)
WCoH VII, VIII, XVII, XXVIII, XXX, XXXII (1st), WCoH I, XXXI, XL (2nd), WCoH II, XXIX (3rd), WCoH XII (4th)
AOCAF 44, 46, 51, 53, 65, 68 Champions, AOCAF 39, 43, 55, 59, 64 Runners Up
Co-Hosted: too many events to count

EPL Season 20,073

I am that which I am and choose to be.

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Cutoff for Semifinals, Game 2.

SEMIFINALS
Game 2

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 7–3 Valanora
Series tied 1-1.

Gregoryisgodistan 1–0 Sicoutimont
Series tied 1-1.
Last edited by Sangti on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:46 pm

OOC: A bombing of a Quebecois flag carrier done by....Who? I hope this post will lead to lot more not just in the WCoH but well after that, in some other major sports competition.

Aeroquebec Flight 79 was flying over the middle of Northern Quebec, just into its 2nd hour of what was a 12-hour flight from Quebec City to San Salvador. At the time of flight, the aircraft was 15 years old and had accumulated some 62,000 flying hours. It’s mostly deployed on transcontinental flights, especially from and to its extremely profitable, but long distance flights to San Salvador, San Jose Guayabal or Svanboerg, Norrehavn. On most days this flight’s operated on a Boeing 747-400, but due to the airline’s reorganisation and retirement of them while waiting for Airbus A380, forced them to use the Airbus A340-600.

There were 19 flight crew members and 312 passengers on board of what was an extremely packed flight. Large number of the passengers were on the flight to transfer to either The Royal Barangay (for WCoH 24) or elsewhere in Esportiva, while some were just on their business trips to San Jose Guayabal, the country that the Royal Kingdom of Quebec has been experiencing some improvements in trade relations. 35 of the passengers meanwhile were students and staff members returning home from a theatrical performance tour following 2 long weeks in San Jose Guayabal and Estope.

Among its passengers was Alexandre Zigwand, a Quebecois student currently on his way to San Jose Guayabal. He’s seated in 35B, right next to Bobby Kang and Aldus Martinelli, his close friends and dormitory comrades all the way back to their current university of Universite de Montreal. They, now feeling extremely comfortable on their seats and content after what he considered as a decent breakfast, were now on their seats back to sleep, while Alexandre’s trying to find something to do out of boredom. He didn’t feel that tired, not to mention very well knowing that he needs to be back on-sync, with as little interruption from jet lags as possible. He sleeping the entire Day 1 of what’s to be 10 days of holidays in the country rich in Coconut and Sunlight was less than desirable for him, after all.

So he just stared into the screen, looking at the automatic on-flight mode that the screen was on. Right now they had 9:53 left in the flight, so he had more than enough to spare. Then, out of boredom, he started to scroll through the AVOD screen using his fingers, on a journey for the temporary entertainment.

The flight was flown by Captain Jean Ellerby and First Officer Abdullah El-Mansur. Captain Ellerby, a 45-year old captain well dressed in his vintage suit, has flown 9,000 hours with the carrier, which includes 3,500 with the A340, while First Officer El-Mansur(age:51) has flown respectively 12,000 and 7,500 hours with the carrier and the A340. The relief captain and flight officers Adrien Cloutier and Richard Sidlik were in their business class seats reserved for the officers. It looked to be another of those routine flights for both of the flight crew, who hailed from the large city lights of St.John’s. “Aeroquebec seven nine, Altitude?” The guy at nearby ATC, located in Iqaluit Airport, asked.
“Iqaluit, three five zero.” Captain Jean Ellerby responded, “No clear problem on-sight, all’s good.”
“Roger,” was all the ATC controller responded, as he went on to talk to another Aeroquebec flight about its altitude. Now done with their procedure, the first officer, feeling quite stiff on his body, stretched his body a bit, while his fellow officer looked at the beautiful night sky that they were flying into.

Francoise Kim(nee Kozjak) was in her first class seat, drinking the very delicacy of Arabian Coffee, produced by the farmers of Nchi ya Tufani. Francoise, being a middle-aged woman with slowly weakening body, had bought the first class ticket when she realised that she had to go to Guayabal as a part of business deal. She, as the executive of oil company Aramco, was to go to an important business meeting with Guayabalese Government over exporting oil to the very nation. It mattered a lot to the company and Francoise, being a highly-ranked executive with the nation's leading oil company, had a huge task in her hands.

Francoise, once done drinking his cup of coffee, picked the latest issue available of Montreal Gazette and The Taegukgi, then started reading the former. Gazette's headline today was the immediate resignation of Kingston's mayor, the infamous Ben Lord(OOC: ICly version of Rob Ford), after a huge corruption which sorta forced him to resign.
What a joke of a personality, considering his position. She thought to herself, as she read the headline article with great keenness and some smile. She always liked the guy's political ideologies, being a fellow conservative, but couldn't help herself but to express her personal dislike of him and his antics of stupidity. He's a mayor of a major city, located not so far away from Montreal and the Captail after all.
She just went on reading and reading, trying to make the best as she went through what could be the last minutes of his life.

Alexandre decided that he should really try to watch something, after minutes of hesitation. So, after scrolling through a wide variety of television programmes available at the AVOD, he decided to pick one and watch for the time. Best to kill time through this, he thought. He touched the touchscreen on is IEF, trying to turn on the latest episode of La Guerre Moderne- l’histoire d’amour entres les étudiants universitaires. He gave a nice little touch to it, just as things around him turned upside down.

He never got to see the very episode, nor to survive past next 10 minutes.

Something in the cargo compartment, at the front section of the hull, The explosion punched a reasonable, 40 centimeter-wide hole on the fuselage. The plane continued to fly for a while, but after a while that no longer became the case. Due to the great differences between the pressure level inside and outside of the aircraft, the effect worsened: The steering cables disrupted, forcing the fuselage to descend rapidly, downwards. The aircraft, began to descend in spirals over Parilukaq Island before its disintegration and coming down over 2.6 miles (4.2 km), killing most passengers on board instantly.
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Sicoutimont
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sicoutimont » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:54 am

The Lac-Drouin Times
Sport
Goaltending Duel Sets Up Game 3 In World Cup of Hockey Semifinal

GUETI (The Royal Barangay) -- Fighting for their lives on the ice last night, the Gregoryisgodistan national hockey team put in a great performance against the Sicoutimont national team, with the game coming down to which goalie would make more excellent saves. Etienne Bouchard and Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel could have been co first stars after the game, but the recognition would go to McFattel, who finished the game with a 1.000 save percentage. Etienne Bouchard stopped a high 54 shots (54/55) while McFattel got the shut-out, stopping 47 shots from Sicoutian players. ''We didn't put in our greatest defensive effort over 60 minutes, but Etienne was always there to keep it out of the net and save us,'' his defencemen Elso Kekkonen said after the game.

This second game of the semi-final began much the same as the first one did, with an early Sicoutian penalty. Jean-Luc Desjardins went off for high-sticking on only his second shift of the game. The Gregoryisgodistani power-play got to work again, and found success this time, with Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson down low taking a wrist shot that just beat Bouchard's glove hand. Coach Nillonier was seen having a talk with Desjardins as he came to the bench, and it was clear that this would not be the star's best game.

That goal, however, was the last scoring play of the game. Both sides tried valiantly for more; Gregoryisgodistan for insurance and Sicoutimont to send the game to a possible overtime, where anything could happen. But both goalies turned aside everything. Both also got a little help from the posts in the process. Sicoutimont put 3 shots off the post, while Gregoryisgodistan put 2 off the post, including a break-away attempt from Rupertson, the previous goal-scorer, which rung off the left post and into the corner.

Sicoutimont's best chance, arguably, came off the stick of Gaspard Richard in the second period. With an open net off the slap-pass from linemate Lucien Beliveau, he fired the puck at the goal. But a defender got his stick on the puck just before it bulged the net, saving a goal. That was with only 3 minutes left in the second period, and Sicoutimont would not get any more great chances like that one until the end of the game.

After an intense start to the third period, this time it was Sicoutimont's turn to pull the goalie to look for the tying goal. Bouchard left the net with 1:32 to play, and Sicoutimont had the puck in the Gregoryisgodistan zone for the rest of the game. After 2 icings, the Gregoryisgodistan defenders had been on the ice the entire time, including the pivotal face-off with 6 seconds to play. The time-out called by Nillonier sent the top line of Desjardins-Rolloton-Dandenault on, along with defence Loic Lenouvre and Seamus Sinclair. The extra attacker was Gaspard Richard, with Desjardins playing the point on the powerplay. Rolloton won back the face-off to Sinclair, who faked the shot and then passed to Desjardins, whose slap-shot hit McFattel's pad and directed into the corner, ending the game.

After the game, both sides congratulated their goalies, with Bouchard leading his team off the ice and into the dressing room. One by one, the Sicoutians filed out, along with the reporters who had just joined the team days ago. ''I thought we played good tonight offensively, not so great defensively, if it weren't for the goalies I can see a 5-4 score or something that high,'' said Maurice Rolloton. Captain Desjardins had different words after the game, saying ''One of the best games I've played in, high tempo, great goaltending, and one shot determining the game. They (Gregoryisgodistan) played an awesome game, and we have to match that in Game 3 if we want to move on in this tournament.'' Reporters, knowing Desjardins' sometimes-apparent temper (fined $2,500 last year for breaking 6 sticks on the bench after his Val-Maurice Foreurs 2-0 loss to the Cote-Manicougan Vikings in the play-offs), avoided the subject of his penalty and miss early in the game. Coach Michel Nillonier, however, would not: ''I talked to Jean-Luc, he knows he'll have to be better in the next game, he understands it perfectly. I have complete faith in him and the rest of the team.''

The other semifinal will also be going to Game 3, with The Royal Kingdom of Quebec achieving a big victory over Valanora, with a final score of 7-3. So, the pivotal game between Sicoutimont and Gregoryisgodistan will be played tonight, with the winner moving on to the World Cup of Hockey Finals. The entire nation will be watching at home, at pubs, or in Imperial Square, Lac-Drouin, where the game will be broadcast live. Tickets are still available at the Arena du Lac, site of the World Cup of Hockey Finals 2 tournaments ago, to watch this match. The nation is behind you, boys, let's get it done, violet et bleu!

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:02 am

Lord Almighty Gregory Takes Credit for Bombing of Quebec Airliner

Lord Almighty Gregory announced today that Soldier ZUMAIZ192 had successfully bombed a Quebecois aircraft traveling between Quebec City and San Salvador, San Jose Guayabal. Soldier ZUMAIZ192 and everyone else on board the plane were killed as a result of the bombing. According to a statement from Lord Almighty Gregory, "We felt we needed to destroy the aircraft to punish Quebec and San Jose Guayabal for their sins. Quebec still holds brave and noble enemy crushers in prison and San Jose Guayabal is our mortal enemy, chief among the nations on our Enemy List. We needed to destroy the plane and Soldier ZUMAIZ192 did so to perfection. Everyone aboard the flight is dead. This is a glorious day for Gregoryisgodistan. I only wish it happened one day later, on my birthday."

According to reports, Soldier ZUMAIZ192 smuggled a bomb onto the flight and used a fake passport claiming he was a Quebecois citizen named Jacques Mariposse traveling to The Royal Barangay to watch the World Cup of Hockey. He even had a second plane ticket from San Jose Guayabal to The Royal Barangay. Reportedly, he planned on bombing that flight if for some reason he was unable to bomb Aeroquebec Flight 79. However, he successfully detonated the bomb and destroyed the plane. As he detonated it, he screamed "THIS IS FOR GREGORYISGODISTAN!" and then set the explosive charge. A short while later, the plane fell apart, sending everyone to the ocean or island below.

Soldier ZUMAIZ192 will be remembered on the next Martyr's Day, February 11, 2014. (OOC: Remember the new year starts in June, so that's February 11, 2015 to most people.) All flags must be flown at half-staff for the duration of the holiday under penalty of death to the owner of the flag and his family. This is to ensure that the brave and noble martyrs who gave their life during the year prior are adequately remembered. Soldier ZUMAIZ192 is just the latest Gregoryisgodistani to give his life in the name of Lord Almighty Gregory. For that, he deserves an eternal memory and an eternal blessing from Lord Almighty Gregory.

At this point, it does not appear Quebec will be added to Gregoryisgodistan's Enemy List, which is surprising considering they felt the need to attack. However, should Quebec retaliate, Lord Almighty Gregory said they will be added to the Enemy List. This would legalize the killing of any Quebecois citizen in Gregoryisgodistan, excluding athletic teams. The only way Quebec could be removed from the Enemy List is to convert to the Church of Gregoryisgodistan and execute all the heathens who fail to accept Lord Almighty Gregory as the God of the Multiverse. That does not seem like a realistic possibility, so the Enemy List status would likely be permanent.

In other news, Gregoryisgodistan defeated Sicoutimont 1-0 in the World Cup of Hockey, ensuring an all-important third game tonight. The winner of that advances to the final, while the loser moves on to the third place series. Valanora plays Quebec in the other semifinal, which also has an all-important game 3 tonight. A Gregoryisgodistan-Quebec final would certainly be very interesting and bloody in light of recent events.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:32 pm

Apologies for the belated cutoff, and advanced happy birthday to the OOC user of Gregoryisgodistan.

Cutoff for Semifinals, Game 3

SEMIFINALS
Game 3

Valanora 4–4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec (4–5 OT)

Sicoutimont 4–4 Gregoryisgodistan (2–3 SO)

THIRD PLACE SERIES (best of three)
at Arinespa, Nespa

Valanora vs Sicoutimont

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES (best of five)
at Arena Nacional, Sangti

Royal Kingdom of Quebec vs Gregoryisgodistan
Last edited by Sangti on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 am

The Lord's Word

Happy Birthday, Lord Almighty Gregory!

by Journalist KSZ8DHA

Today, June 17, 2014, is Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday. Everyone knows Lord Almighty Gregory is God of the Multiverse, and today we celebrate the day he was born. Everyone in Gregoryisgodistan is required to get him a present, which you should have already left outside your door. The presents will be picked up throughout the day. You may still have a chance if you haven't left the present outside your door. If your neighbors' presents still haven't been picked up, the Present Slaves still haven't been there. Wrap the present immediately and leave it outside your door and yo and your family will not be executed. Let's take a look at the top 10 presents people got Lord Almighty Gregory last year, according to Lord Almighty Gregory himself. All ten gift givers and their families became government VIPs. Who will become the Top Gift Givers this year? We'll find out within the next few days. For now, let's take a look back.

10. Prune Farmer 198848BD got Lord Almighty Gregory a life-size statue of him made entirely out of gruel rations that Gruelmaker 198848BD saved up for the past year. Prune Farmer 198848BD willingly sacrificed some gruel for the whole year just so he could make the statue. It showed true dedication to Lord Almighty Gregory. The statue is now being displayed in the Lord Almighty Gregory Museum in the Capital District, where it is kept in a climate-controlled case.

9. Clockmaker 99ZPZNDYHUUUU got Lord Almighty Gregory a personalized "Gregory Clock." It is like a Cuckoo clock, except instead of a cuckoo coming out on the hour, Lord Almighty Gregory comes out and reminds the owner to sing the national anthem. Clockmaker 99ZPZNDYHUUUU was originally going to sell them commercially, but decided that he loved Lord Almighty Gregory more than he wanted the money, so he decided to give it to him as a gift of dedication. This showed true love of Lord Almighty Gregory, something all Gregoryisgodistanis must show.

8. Slave J1838IZVVAVAVAVA gave Lord Almighty Gregory a giant, 500 square foot birthday cake in Lord Almighty Gregory's favorite flavor - vanilla cake with fresh strawberries and homemade whipped cream, which Slave J1838IZVVAVAVAVA whipped himself. The icing had a giant picture of Lord Almighty Gregory as well as a map and flag of Gregoryisgodistan. Since Slave J1838IZVVAVAVAVA was required to work for his master 18 hours a day, he only had six hours a day to make this cake, and spent the five days before Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday making the cake instead of sleeping. This clearly shows that he loves Lord Almighty Gregory. He was liberated and given a name.

7. Cow Farmer UITSSUKX948 gave Lord Almighty Gregory 5,000 cows that he could have his slaves milk. He also gave Lord Almighty Gregory 500 pounds of yogurt, 300 gallons of milk, and 1,300 pounds of cheese. This constituted everything Cow Farmer UITSSUKX948 owned that he could make a living off of, but he was willing to sacrifice it just for Lord Almighty Gregory. This is a truly remarkable feat, and Cow Farmer UITSSUKX948 and his family were rewarded with their very own names and government VIP status.

6. Slave FFFHSHH81823 sent Lord Almighty Gregory a giant ice sculpture, 130 feet tall, made of frozen prune juice. He also provided a giant, battery powered freezer to store the sculpture in for transport. However, Lord Almighty Gregory was unsure if this was part of the gift or merely a way to ensure it stayed frozen, so he returned it to Slave FFFHSHH81823 at his Liberation Ceremony. The prune juice ice sculpture is now displayed at the Lord Almighty Gregory Museum, where it is located in a climate controlled case on the roof, extending 130 feet high above the already tall roof. It is visible throughout the Capital District, as the special glare-free case ensures that everyone can see it without going blind.

5. Programmer 2848CB took time out of his busy day to program a video game just for Lord Almighty Gregory, one that is not commercially available anywhere. This game featured Lord Almighty Gregory himself as a playable character who controls an army of pervert chasers, enemy crushers, soldiers, and executioners. These people have to travel the whole world, executing or crushing heathens, destroying countries who fail to recognize Lord Almighty Gregory as God Almighty, and dickapitating and castrating sex crime criminals, ranging from mooners to rapists. In the end, Lord Almighty Gregory must convert as much of the world to recognizing him as possible, and kill the rest. Lord Almighty Gregory declared the game a smash hit. He asked for it to be commercially available one year after he completed the game for the first time. Being God, he completed the game on July 19, so it will be available in just over a month. Anyone who isn't God will take considerably longer to beat it. There will also be a high score list for total game time spent trying to beat it as well as most heathens converted and most heathens killed. Lord Almighty Gregory has since played the game more times, once beating it in 53 minutes and 12 seconds, a feat no mortal could possibly match.

4. Cheese Maker DJJNX8183A made a special kind of cheese for Lord Almighty Gregory, called God Cheese. It is a combination of pepper jack and cheddar, Lord Almighty Gregory's two favorite cheeses, and it is a giant block of cheese shaped just like him only 20 times live size. He also provided a second cheese block that was exactly life size. He requested Lord Almighty Gregory eat the giant one and display the exact size model in the Lord Almighty Gregory Museum. Lord Almighty Gregory did as he was asked. It was very good cheese. This is why cheese is reserved for Lord Almighty Gregory and government VIPs (though the law is not enforced against cheese makers sampling their work.) Now Cheese Maker DJJNX8183A can eat all the cheese he wants, as he has his very own name.

3. Elementary School Teacher PX881828 provided a signed copy of his textbook "Why We Love Lord Almighty Gregory" which contains 800 pages of glorious facts about Lord Almighty Gregory. For instance, on page 231, there is a paragraph about how he never poops, because God doesn't poop. On page 419, there are three paragraphs about how the ferret and llama are his favorite animals and that's why he gave them funny names. It also mentions that he created all the animals but ferrets and llamas are his favorites. Elementary School Teacher PX881828 asked Lord Almighty Gregory for permission to use the book in his classroom rather than make it an exclusive gift to Lord Almighty Gregory. Although this would ordinarily be unusual, Lord Almighty Gregory thought it showed extreme dedication in this case and declared that the book would be mandatory reading in every school in the country.

2. Chef JCJCCC9913 made Lord Almighty Gregory 50 gallons of Ice Cream colored like the Gregoryisgodistani flag. There is strawberry ice cream, banana ice cream, and blackberry ice cream, all in a giant box, and all set up to look like the Gregoryisgodistani flag. Lord Almighty Gregory is reportedly still enjoying it, even on his next birthday, and the colors still haven't run. Although commoners like Chef JCJCCC9913 are not allowed to eat ice cream (except to sample their own work for government VIPs and Lord Almighty Gregory) now he can eat all the ice cream he wants because he is a government VIP. This is what is done to reward righteous individuals.

1. Chef 847AUTECUA made Lord Almighty Gregory 10,000 cookies. 5,000 were hand-frosted to look like Lord Almighty Gregory's face, while the other half were decorated to look like the Gregoryisgodistani flag. The cookies themselves are mainly vanilla flavored. This took a lot of time to prepare, and in fact Chef 847AUTECUA spent most of the six months prior to Lord Almighty Gregory's Birthday baking and frosting the cookies. He then had to freeze them so they wouldn't go bad over six months. Lord Almighty Gregory thanked him for his service and now the government VIP can have all the cookies he wants.

What did you get Lord Almighty Gregory for his birthday this year? Will he like your gift most of all? Present opening starts at noon today on Live TV (Overflow 1) and continues for the next few days until he is all done.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Cutoff for FInals, Game 1

THIRD PLACE SERIES

Valanora 3–1 Sicoutimont
Valanora leads series 1-0

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2–2 Gregoryisgodistan (0–2 SO)
Gregoryisgodistan leads series 1-0
Last edited by Sangti on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:02 am

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2–2 Gregoryisgodistan (0–2 SO)
Gregoryisgodistan leads series 1-0

It was a glorious victory for the Gregoryisgodistan Ice Slaves, as they defeated The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2-0 in a penalty shootout after the teams remained tied at 2 following an overtime period. The Ice Slaves now lead the series, 1-0.

It was a hard-hitting game for sure. The first penalty came just 51 seconds in when Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples was called for crosschecking. He then was assessed an additional five minute major after attempting to crush Logan Guthrie, for a total penalty of seven minutes. Guthrie was given a two-minute minor after shoving Enemy Crusher Bigward McFoople to the ground in retaliation. Following two minutes of 4-on-4, Quebec regained the man advantage for five minutes and took full advantage. With 17:17 left in the first period, Colm Strojovic fired a shot off the left post, but Guthrie was there to knock it in, putting Quebec up 1-0.

There were no more goals in the first period, but there were certainly a lot of penalties. Four minors plus two majors were called on Gregoryisgodistan, while Quebec was hit with three minors plus two majors. There was someone in the penalty box more often than not. The Enemy Crushers weren't afraid to hit hard, and Quebec wasn't afraid to fight back. With 18:49 left in the second, Actor 81248D8J took a long pass from Prison Guard AQIIUS and skated down the ice to a one-on-one with the goaltender Étienne Park. He then fired it top shelf and Park had no chance. The game was tied at 1 apiece. The Ice Slaves fans, who were most certainly not actors, started cheering wildly, while the Quebec fans couldn't believe it.

With 10:09 left in the second period, Enemy Crusher Crushdaguaya Balians was called for boarding for a vicious hit on Dave Clark. Clark was down on the ice for two minutes, but would eventually shake it off and return to the game. This gave Quebec a man advantage. They fired six shots on goal but were unable to take advantage, with the score remaining 1-1.

Just before the end of the second period, Gregoryisgodistan went on the power play following a tripping call on Yves Jodoin. They took full advantage. Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson took the puck away in mid ice, then skated up before dishing it off to Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138. Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138 then fired a shot on net that hit the post, before Weatherman 92UDH9111 swooped in and shot it into the net. Gregoryisgodistan was up 2-1. The score would remain that way through the end of the second period and Gregoryisgodistan was 20 minutes away from taking a 1-0 lead in the championship series.

The third half started fairly quietly except for a few penalties. It remained 2-1 until Quebec pulled their goalie with about two minutes to go. They wouldn't score for about a minute after that, but then Enemy Crusher Porkbert McPorkerstein was called for tripping, resulting in a power play. He was infuriated by the call and crushed the official to death before going to the penalty box to serve his penalty. It was now 6-on-4. Soo Myeon Kim won the faceoff and back it went to Colm Strojovic. He then passed it forward to a streaking Soo Myeon Kim, who scored a goal with 58.7 seconds left.

Nobody scored for the rest of regulation, so we went to a 20 minute overtime. Nobody scored there either in spite of a total of seven penalties between the two teams (four on Gregoryisgodistan and three on Quebec) including one major for a vicious boarding call on Enemy Crusher Fattelson Crusherbarger. As a result, we went to a penalty shootout.

Gregoryisgodistan lost the coin toss, so they would shoot first. Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson was selected as the first shooter. He went top shelf and found the back of the net. 1-0. Guthrie would go first for Quebec. He tried to fire right side, but Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel blocked it with his body, preventing Guthrie from evening it up. 1-0 still. Then came Actor 81248D8J. He skated down the ice and went top left corner, just past the goaltender Park. 2-0. Raoul Jang stepped up, needing to make the penalty shot to keep Quebec alive. He duked Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel out and had an open shot at net, but shockingly hit the post. The game was over and Gregoryisgodistan had won in a shootout.

The series is best of five, so Gregoryisgodistan still has to win two more games to be crowned champions. However, the road to the trophy got a lot easier with the win tonight.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

The Royal Barangay
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Barangay » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 pm

From this point on, I will using this account...

Cutoff for FInals, Game 2

THIRD PLACE SERIES

Sicoutimont 0–7 Valanora
Valanora wins series 2-0

Congratulations to Valanora for winning third place, and commiserations to Sicoutimont.

CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Gregoryisgodistan 2–1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Gregoryisgodistan leads series 2-0
Last edited by The Royal Barangay on Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE KINGDOM OF THE ROYAL BARANGAY (Formerly known as Sangti)
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: Gran Supremo Antonio Arias | Libertad Sportswear
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Ice Slaves take 2-0 series lead

The Gregoryisgodistan national ice hockey team took a 2-0 series lead against The Royal Kingdom of Quebec last night. They are now just one game away from being world champions. Tonight will be the biggest hockey game in the history of Gregoryisgodistan and one of the biggest sporting events. The biggest event a Gregoryisgodistani team has won is the International Baseball Slam, which the Bat Slaves won three times. The Grid Slaves also won the Baptism of Iron. However, no team from this country has ever won a top-level sports competition.

Gregoryisgodistan is clearly the favorite at this point, with a commanding series lead. They
Can put Quebec away tonight for good and be champions of hockey. It would also make them #1 in the rankings.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Nyhavnske Tidende

King Petr VII dies in his sleep

February 23rd, 2017

Nyhavn, Norrehavn- His Royal Majesty, King Petr VII, has passed away peacefully in his sleep at Ornholm Palace. The official announcement from Ornholm, given at 11:25 Nyhavn time, said that the Emperor went into the night in good health, but passed away in his sleep and was found by his second son, Prince Jakub VIII.
He was 97, and was known to have been suffering from chronic heart condition.

Prince Alexandre IV, who is currently on his trip to The Royal Barangay, immediately becomes the Emperor at the age of 33. He has been informed of his father's passing from the earth, and is preparing to return to Nyhavn tomorrow, but the weather conditions at Skagerrak strait has delayed the arrival of the Norrehavnese Airlines flight. He is currently on the way to return to Nyhavn and is expected to be back by tomorrow morning, when he will take the Royal Oath that will seal her accession to the Throne.

The House of Representatives and Senate have been suspended for a week as a mark of respect to the long-serving King of 78 years. The Cabinet is expected to meet the Prime Minister Milan Rendulic-Jorgenson, as soon as he and the rest were informed about the news, to discuss the constitutional implications and upcoming events associated with it.

Prime Minister Milan Rendulic-Jorgenson, before suspending the Parliament, offered the Government and Parliament's Condolences to the Royal House and the Kingdom, saying that "The Kingdom and its Governments and peoples shall not forget the years of services that the Emperor served for our nation". He is due to make a broadcast to the nation at 1930 Nyhavn-Praha time tomorrow.

As the news of the Emperor's death spread, all cinemas, theatres, sports games and large number of stores were closed. No exceptions were held to the broadcasting stations as all programmes of NTV were cancelled except for news bulletins. National, Provincial and Municipal flags in all parts of nation were held in half-mast and will be so for a week.

The diplomats from many foreign nations, as well as the head of some of them, will be accepted to write their condolences in the Visitors' Book at Ornholm Palace.
The body of King Petr VII is to lie in state from next Monday, 27th of February, until the date of Funeral.

Happy 420 Friends!

The Royal Barangay
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Barangay » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Will this tournament end today?

Cutoff for FInals, Game 3

CHAMPIONSHIP
Game 3

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3–5 Gregoryisgodistan
Gregoryisgodistan wins series 3-0

Congratulations to Gregoryisgodistan, for winning their first major NS Sport competition, and comisserations to Royal Kingdom of Quebec and the rest.

Thank you to all nations who participated in this tournament. I apologize due to my lack of RPing this time. Ranks will come soon, and the list of nations who posted a roster and at least one RP will be released soon in the discussion thread.

Again, Thank you!
Last edited by The Royal Barangay on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE KINGDOM OF THE ROYAL BARANGAY (Formerly known as Sangti)
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: Gran Supremo Antonio Arias | Libertad Sportswear
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports