NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup of Hockey 24 [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Norrehavn
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Norrehavn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:52 pm

Player Profile: Vaclav Pavelec
-19 years old
-Drafted by Gander Jets(QHL)
-Currently plays for: Cape Breton Screaming Eagle(QMJHL)

Foreign goaltenders seem to be one of the rising commodities in the Quebec Hockey League as we see more of them in action, with all in some form of success. Raphael Roux just won last Prenneau Cup, while Ioannes Laetonius shone in a marvellous season with Sarnia. Dan Erhat had a great season in Rimouski before bolting back to Norrehavnese Extraliga, while Andreas Tertinius is starting to show his form as a bona-fide goalie of the future for Montreal. Now, add the little boy from Praha, Norrehavn.

Pavelec has been a stud on-net, considering his age and relative inexperience at international stage. With 1.75 GAA and 0.9509% save percentage, he has stood extremely strong in net. He was spectacular on his 3rd QMJHL season, posting 8 Shutouts for Cape Breton Screaming Eagles on their run to the QMJHL Memorial Cup, to mark the beginning of many achievements for the Praha-born goaltender.

Pavelec is a standard hybrid goaltender, preferring to use anything possible in order to prevent a goal or so. He has excellent techniques and flexibility that allows him to make some of the harder saves that are often not achievable for goaltenders. His mind to read the game and its flow is just as superb, except that he tends to lose little bit of attention when he’s not facing enough action on the game, which was the case back in WJHC VI.

Drafted 10th Overall in 2015 QHL Draft by Gander Jets, he is expected to make the push to the aerospace capital of Quebec, either as the starter or backup to Mark Mason. “I am extremely excited to play for Gander.” Said Pavelec on a post-game interview, “The team and the coaching staff have there are just splendid.”
Will he be another success story, eclipsing Raphael Roux and Ioannes Laetonius by far, or fail and bolt back like series of Junior stars(particularly the goaltenders) in the past? We'll see, but one thing that can be guaranteed is that he is a stud, regardless of the results in the Q.

Borschlandia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Borschlandia » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Sherm scores trinity in return to ice, Quakmybush sent packing, 5-2
by Tomas Borschberg
Staff Writer, Te Sport der Wejk

This inaugural World Cup of Hockey has opened our nation to the otherworld and brought us together in unanticipated ways. From the birth of Conraad Reinhardt and the outpouring of support for Rachael's Klijnehoop ("LIttle Hope") to a truly valiant performance in the eight games so far played, Borschlanders have joined hands and hearts. In four games at home, moreover, the team has given a generous measure of courage, perseverence and sometimes brilliance. They have come out of those four games with three wins with an aggregate score of 11-3, and one 1-0 loss.

The latest win was a handsome 5-2 victory over Quakmybush, they of the yellow cross, with new father Sherm Reinhardt returning to the ice with a three-goal, one assist performance. The other goals were scored by Joris Sudmaas and Sikke Pfelward. This game was played in the 10,000 seat Bevinlunz rink, the largest in the nation, and there may have been the entire city there, either in the seating bowl or on the streets outside.

The night before the game there was a huge fireworks display over the water in Watraavbai, and both teams spent the evening on a special schooner with a grand dinner and a Borschic style "refvuu," or comedic variety show. The Borschic young ladies in attendance were able to prevail upon the Quakmybush contingent to sing a medley of national folk songs, all of them having to do with, apparently, waterfowl native to their land.

Sherm Reinhardt did not attend the dinner and trained into Bevinlunz on game day from Staff Borsch and the hospital where his baby and wife remain in stable but guarded condition. He had not skated with the team for ten days, but it did not show, as he scored the first goal of the game on a wraparound off a pass behind the goal by Jelle Sudmaas. No stadium on earth or another earth cheered more loudly. It was 4-0 at the end of the second period on two more goals from Sherm sandwiching a goal from linemate Sudmaas. Heiko Moordfors was brilliant in goal before giving up a couple of scores late in the third period.

Game 9 of the round robin phase of the XXIV WCoH pits the Swans against Korva in Korva; Reinhardt will not travel with the team, but will go with them in spirit. Along with the spirit of all Borschland.
Read the book that inspired this nation!

Part 2

This nation should be ICly referred to as "Borschland".

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Korvan News Network
Your source for sports

June 1, 2014

Korva's 5-3 win over Semarland electrified the nation. The win was a welcome respite from the three draws and four losses that the Red Stags had suffered. Roland Du Bois and Pat Wolfe accounted for all 5 of the points, and the crowd was wild for them. Korvans knew, realistically, that their team didn't have a shot at a title, but they also knew damn sure that the Red Stags wouldn't go down without a fight.

When asked about the coming match against Borschlandia, Du Bois commented "They're a good team, aggressive, driven, but they won't have the home field advantage. We Red Stags are tired of losing, tired of draws, and we intend to win!"

Tune in later for more on the 24th World Cup of Hockey.

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:23 pm

With senior year now upon them, and the baby Todd now born, Miranda and Sean had some difficult decisions to make. The future that they'd hope to build seemed so picturesque and so unfeasible, that there was no way that Miranda could believe it. The idea that Sean would go off to play collegiate hockey and have a chance at the PHL, also meant that he had the chance to leave Miranda and Todd behind...or at least that's how it seemed to Miranda.

"But it's not fair,"

"But one of us has to be able to do something, one of us needs to have the chance at being successful. And..and my prospects are just --"

"What? Higher, more important?"

"Well, for lack of a better word. Yes, actually. I am one of the top hockey players in the province. I could become a professional player. I could make a career out of this. We could be rich. We could be successful. Hell, I worked out a deal with the school. They're shoring up money for an apartment that you can live in. They've done all of that to keep me at their school. Otteo University wants me. I can't give that up. I mean think about the opportunity cost. There's a chance here for us to be rich, what's the chance with your degree, to become a nurse?"

"A pharmacist. A pharmacist. I wanted to be a pharmacist. But I can't do that now. We have Todd now. And I understand that your horizons are broader and that you have a better chance at becoming something, but what about me? What happens to me if things go wrong? Then I'm left with a certificate in childhood education from a seminary while you're somewhere else with someone else doing something else. If this doesn't work out, then I'm left with nothing."

"What makes you think this won't work out? I'm here aren't I? If I wanted to leave you I would have left you long before we had this goddamn baby. Why are you so afraid to trust me?"

"Because you're better than me Sean. Everything about you is better. Your family stood by your side when you had this baby, you have prospects, you have options. Yet here I am living with my teacher because my mother didn't give enough shits about me to see me through this 18-year obstacle in my life. Here I am having to give up the idea of ever going to college."

"A seminary is still a valid college. A two year degree is enough to teach grades 1 through 3"

"THAT'S NOT THE FUCKING POINT SEAN! Everything in life comes up Sean. Even after having a baby things just can't go wrong for you. I have to play with the hand that I'm dealt."

"SO DO I DAMMIT. HAVING THIS BABY IS SOMETHING THAT WE'VE DONE TOGETHER. IT'S SOMETHING THAT WE'VE HAD TO DO TOGETHER. WE'RE FUCKING SENIORS. WE'RE SENIORS....DON'T BELITTLE WHAT I'VE DONE. ME BEING ABLE TO FOCUS ON HOCKEY IS WHAT IS GOING TO GET US TO THE NEXT LEVEL MIRANDA!"

"No....it's what's going you get YOU to the next level. You still don't get it. We play with the hands that we're dealt. Somehow, even after getting a girl pregnant you still are able to sit there with a royal flush, while I'm looking at a pair of twos. And when you cash in your chips, you can leave me behind. I'm afraid that you'll get over me. That you'll leave me, because I'm lesser than you. This is your ticket out...This school, going away to Oakbrook and Calvarie, getting away from me and this baby."

"You'll still be in Otteo with me! Can't you fucking hear?"

"But you won't feel obliged to stay. It's different. Otteo U is a big place Sean, Otteo is even bigger. Just, just go."
Last edited by Vettrera on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:38 am

Almost there Again

The Dragonflice were all going for qualification in front of a home crowd, against tough opponents Super-Llamaland. Everything was set up nicely: coming back from a loss (to Neu Engollon) with a win in the next game, in native Sraltlur, which would be the game that decided that our team will be in the Royal Barangay in a week.

We have made some concessions in the past eight games: Neu Engollon will go straight to the final 16, whereas Ko-oren has to play in the round of 24 against another 2nd placed team. And now the scoreless draw against Super-Llamaland, which means that it will take another game to decide whether we will be in the Royal Barangay for at least two days. Meanwhile, Super-Llamaland itself is in third place, and Kinzar follows in fourth. Both teams could in theory overtake us, but that does not seem very likely. In fact, we play Kinzar next, and even a draw would eliminate them from the fight. And if Super-Llamaland drops any point, they are out as well.

As for the game itself: it was boring. Pretty boring, although there were some highlights. The Ice Tigers were close to scoring, Allen had a few chances alone, but Latirailu prevented every single one of them. On the other side, Acin had some trouble dealing with Vasiliev, Teradi, Novotný and Biluthen, Zez and that other Novotny. The first Novotný named is developing extremely well and was dangerous in the last three games, and he might make the starting VI soon. Anyhow, no goals in 60 minutes of hockey, and suddenly our defensive statistics are about as good as we like them.

That said, the Ko-orenite defense is the second best in the world, allowing just eight goals in eight games. And you might have guessed which team has the best defense. Yup, it's them. Neu Engollon.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005

Postby Gyatso-kai » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:12 am

An ASPN Prouction, Brought to you on ASPN.co.gki

REPUBLIC CITY --- Aaron Yitsune

Twenty-thousand fans were packed inside of The Capital Centre --- most of them wearing the black sweaters of our Ice Bisons --- to see what had become the 'Game of the Group'; the winner of this game is likely to become the top seed of Group Seven baring any slipping in the last two days. Our boys prepared for this game in much the same way they have always prepared for games; a hard morning skate, a hearty team lunch, the afternoon off, before reporting to the home of the AHL's Republic Capitals for warm-up and the eventual game.

It was a festive arena; the flags of Gyatso-kai and Arkiasis both hoisted to the sounds of their national anthems before the puck drop. The fans of the respective teams going insane as each team announced their starting lineup an as each team took the ice. There was a feeling of great unity amongst the Gyatso-kai fans, who before the puck drop chanted loudly "Vode An".

The first faceoff was won easily by Hakoda Ishii; who despite needing just a single goal to reach his century, has been dry on the goal scoring for the last two games. The very first play would see the Ice Bisons open the scoring, with Hitkei Kia --- moved up to the first line to replace a jet-lagged and sick Sato Sorua --- taking a shot from a triple-pass-around by Ishii an Arnook Ishida at 00:18. It was a quick goal in a game the Ice Bisons really needed to win; with Arkiasis preferring to shoot a hundred wild shots at the net instead of only taking the shots that will make a goal, the team needed to score early and score often. Our last game showed us that, despite our best defensive efforts, our goalies can block 90 shots out of 94, but that is still 94 shots they face...

The Arkiasisian onslaught began soon after, and it would only be a matter of ten minutes and eighteen shots before William Francis would manage to poke a goal through Zhao Hotaka's five-hole to bring the gam to 1-all. The Ice Bisons would work incredibly hard throughout the remainder of the first period to slow down the Arkiasis offence; and seeing as how they did not manage another goal in the first would be a testament to that success.

Going into the second period, the Wolves would strike first to take their lead. In the tenth minute , Brent Resnick would take a long pass from Spencer Winter to send the puck sailing over a very well screened Zhao to knock the game 2-1. The Wolves celebrated the goal a bit too much for the taste of third-liner Jaster Gilamaj, who on the next play would let Resnick know his distaste with a strong boarding which would later erupt into a fight at 11:04 with Gilmaj earning not only the five minute fighting call but also a two-minute instigator to put the Wolves on their fourth powerplay. Thankfully for the Ice Bisons, a strong penalty kill from Ito Pakku and Hiteki would see Gilamaj come out of the box and the score still 2-1. The remainder of the third period would be rather uneventful save for the machine gun shots both Zhao and Arkiasis' Dennis Boyd would face; at the end of the second, Zhao had already amassed 40 shots faced (21, 19) and Boyd would stand at 37 (18, 19).

Into the third period, perhaps a bit inspired by the home crowd, the Ice Bisons moved quickly to keep the pressure on the Wolves; outshooting them in the third period by 16-12. However, even with sixteen shots on goal, the Ice Bisons would tie the game with just five minutes left in play. Ishida, coming from behind the net, would gather a rebounded puck from Ishii and lift it over the right leg pad of Boyd to make the score 2-all. With the clock winding down faster than the Ice Bisons could manage a score, Head Coach Kad Skirata would make a brave call and pull Zhao from the net with only a minute to spare on the clock.

Perhaps it was desperation, perhaps it was dumb luck, perhaps it was just the Gods turning their eyes from us, but with just two seconds left on the play, Lucas Lynch of the Wolves would throw the puck down ice from the far right corner of the Arkiasisian zone, and Avatarian fans would watch in horror as the puck bounced down the ice, only to hit the left goal post and cross the line.

Heartbreak never sounded so violent...

Having to watch the game-ending goal myself was simply too much to bear, and as I write this report for Center Ice, I am force to see the unfortunate tale that has unfolded for our team. We face off against a team that has had quite the rollercoaster the last two matchdays --- first they would lose 5-2 against the unranked and fifth in the the group Semarland, only to win 6-2 over even-lower-placed Korva --- and come up with the loss thanks to a stroke of bad fortune in the final two seconds of the game. As it stands, Akriasis only has Quakmybush and Borschlandia to face, and even that is a bit disheartening. Quakmybush has not managed to pull themselves up from the fall they took after Matchday 5 with a 4-1 victory over Semarland; a and Borschlandia is bouncing more than a rabbiroo on the Omashuan plains with Sherm Reinhardt's participation in games the deciding factor for victory; if he plays, the Swans manage to pull victory from the jaws of defeat, and in his absence, they dive head-first into the open jaws of a rabid Tyrantrum storming into an unguarded nest of KangaWolves. Perhaps Quakbush, seeking to redeem themselves after a 5-2 beating, will manage to defeat Arkiasis and our own team can knock off Semarland with a decent goal differential. After them, we have to hope the Swans can get Reinhardt to play and he can pull another hat trick to knock Arkiasis off the top of the Group going into the Round of 24. At the same time, if the Ice Bisons can find the inspiration to take out Korva at the Tribal Saddledome on Matchday 10...

I only hope I am not dreaming...

Copyright 2014.2 Avatarian Sports Programming Network. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.aspn.com.gk/articles/ahl/20176981
© 2014 Avatarian Sportts Programming Network
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 am

EDITIONS: TOR | ESPAÑOL
Sign In | Register | Image

TSPN Hockey

Ice Birds get their largest win in international tournament history, lose McKenzie in the process
by Tom Jakeman
TSPN analysist, Berchem Linx Forward 1983-1998

After a heart-crushing loss to Nova Anglicana, the national Torisakia hockey team bounced back and defeated HopNation in one of the most lopsided scores in their international sports competition history 13-3. The blowout might seem like a win-win situation for the Ice Birds, but unfortunately lost one of their star players in the process. Left-wing defense-woman Cassidy McKenzie suffered an injury to her leg late in the second period and had to be helped off the ice by the medical team. The Ice Birds were already up 7-2 on HopNation, and it remain puzzling why Mark Bilbo still left his entire first string out on the ice.

"I just wanted them to finish out the second period before everyone else got some ice time," said Coach Bilbo in a post-game interview.

McKenzie's injury came off a scramble for the puck after it was deflected off of her stick. She became tangled up with three other players and fell onto the ice with her leg in-front of her, stretching out her Achilles tendon and ankle. Play was halted as she was helped off the ice and was taken to the nearest hospital for a further evaluation. A medical examiner's report later after the game said that McKenzie had a torn Achilles tendon and a sprained ankle and would be out for the remainder of the tournament. Second line left-wing defenseman Victor Rivera, a minor league free agent who was picked up by the Tudor Kolts franchise this past season, will take her place.

"It's a shame she has to go out like this," said Center Jessica Holbrook, fellow player and friend of McKenzie.

"[I'd] rather it be me who goes out than a great player like her, she's a must-have on anyone's team."

Despite the crippling injury, Torisakia did an amazing job the entire game. Most of their goals came in the third period when HopNation pulled their goalie early and the Ice Birds scored six goals to add on to their 7 others they scored the first and second periods. The Ice Birds managed to stay out of penalty trouble, getting only a few minors between them all. Cassidy McKenzie, Jason Junkins, Gerald Shattuck, and Rob Toone were all credited with a goal in the first period in order respectively. Right-wing forward Rostislav Nikodim Yakovlev from HopNation can be credited with one goal in the first period as well. The period would end with Torisakia leading 4-1.

Three more Torisakia goals were made in the second period, by Jonathan Lewis, Daren Rosales, and Victor Rivera respectively. This put the Ice Birds up 7-1, putting the game virtually out of reach for HopNation, who also scored twice just before Cassidy McKenzie's injury to cut the Torisakia lead to four. The following third period, the Ice Birds completely shut HopNation down as goalie David Mackey made 17 saves. Lyndsey Reed, Daren Rosales, Daylon Orali, Forrest Butler, and Victor Rivera (2) all scored goals to put the game to rest and increase the lead to ten. The game would end in a 13-3 Torisakian victory, but would lose one of their best players in the process.

The win over HopNation puts the Torisakia Ice Birds at 6-0-2 in Group 12 and tie for first place with Nova Anglicana, whom beat the Ice Birds the game before. Next up for Torisakia is Crystal Empire, who have been eliminated from a playoff birth, whom Torisakia beat in the first game 4-2. It'll be interesting how the Ice Birds will do without star player Cassidy McKenzie, however past performances by Victor Rivera seem to be a good match to get the Ice Birds through the rest of the tournament.

torisakiasports.tor: Help | Press | Advertise on torisakiasports.tor | Sales Media Kit | Internet-Based Ads | Report a Bug | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Parents | Careers
©2014 torisakiasports Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your Auerila Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Last edited by Torisakia on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:45 am

What the hell was that? We come off of a two game win streak and lay an egg. We were simply demolished by the Ice Birds. We did injure on of their star players Cassidy McKenzie, which I feel bad about, we never want to see someone get hurt on the ice. It does happen from time to time and we feel for the athlete and hope they have a speedy recovery. But, what the hell kind of game did we play out there? It was sad truly sad the way we played. Pulling our goalie for the entire third period who does that when your down by a ton of goals… I guess it is what it is and we will have to lick our wounds and get ready to play the top team in our group Nova Anglicana.

As for the rather disturbing score from our game not much changed around our group. The bottom three teams were officially eliminated from moving onto the next round after this game. Then we have Nova Anglicana and Torisakia tied on points for first place and we are sitting in third, with two games left we could still edge one of them out, but that would take a miracle if you ask me. Here’s to hoping. Good luck Masher!
Group 12 Teams
1. Nova Anglicana (30) 6-0-2
2. Torisakia (7) 6-0-2
3. HopNation (53) 4-1-3
4. Crystal Empire (62) 3-1-4
5. New South Aqmuland (UR) 2-0-6
6. Flammable American States (UR) 2-0-6
Match Day 4 Results
New South Aqmuland 0–3 Nova Anglicana
Torisakia 13–3 HopNation
Flammable American States 5–6 Crystal Empire
Mashers Matches
25 May (Su) – MD1 vs Crystal Empire
26 May (M) - MD2 @ Flammable American States
27 May (T) - MD3 vs Torisakia
28 May (W) - MD4 @ Nova Anglicana
29 May (Th) – MD5 vs New South Aqmuland
30 May (F) - MD6 @ Crystal Empire
31 May (Sa) – MD7 vs Flammable American States
1 June (Su) – MD8 @ Torisakia
2 June (M) - MD9 vs Nova Anglicana
3 June (T) - MD10 @ New South Aqmuland
Win | Draw | Loss
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:05 am

Matchday 9

Group 1
Allamunnic States 5–0 Estenia
Kinzar 0–2 Ko-oren
Super-Llamaland 0–4 Neu Engollon

Group 1 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Neu Engollon 9 9 0 0 38 7 +31 27
2 Ko-oren 9 6 1 2 22 8 +14 19

3 Super-Llamaland 9 3 2 4 18 21 −3 11
4 Allamunnic States 9 3 2 4 20 17 +3 11
5 Kinzar 9 3 1 5 14 21 −7 10
6 Estenia 9 0 0 9 5 43 −38 0

Group 2
Terre des Gaules 4–2 Mochria
Polar Islandstates 1–5 Vilita & Turori
Yttribia 3–1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Group 2 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 9 7 1 1 40 20 +20 22
2 Vilita & Turori 9 6 1 2 51 23 +28 19

3 Yttribia 9 5 0 4 33 31 +2 15
4 Polar Islandstates 9 4 0 5 29 38 −9 12
5 Terre des Gaules 9 2 1 6 26 39 −13 7
6 Mochria 9 1 1 7 22 50 −28 4

Group 3
Nouvel Ecosse 4–4 Kolmya
Norrehavn 1–2 Sicoutimont
Vettrera 1–0 The Royal Barangay

Group 3 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Sicoutimont 9 7 1 1 39 18 +21 22
2 The Royal Barangay 9 6 0 3 30 17 +13 18
3 Norrehavn 9 5 1 3 26 26 0 16
4 Vettrera 9 2 2 5 22 26 −4 8
5 Kolmya 9 2 1 6 22 36 −14 7
6 Nouvel Ecosse 9 1 3 5 16 32 −16 6

Group 4
Zeneabo 5–0 The Mechanical Monasteries
Caek of the Wolfen 3–4 Cassadaigua
Nassau-Hessen 0–2 Hicana

Group 4 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cassadaigua 9 6 1 2 33 26 +7 19
2 Hicana 9 6 0 3 35 25 +10 18
3 Caek of the Wolfen 9 5 1 3 34 26 +8 16
4 Nassau-Hessen 9 5 1 3 35 18 +17 16
5 The Mechanical Monasteries 9 2 0 7 24 41 −17 6
6 Zeneabo 9 1 1 7 20 45 −25 4

Group 5
Stimpsk 2–2 Darvale
German American States 0–4 Northern Sunrise Islands
Thatius 4–7 Cosumar

Group 5 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 9 7 1 1 41 17 +24 22
2 German American States 9 5 1 3 24 19 +5 16
3 Cosumar 9 5 1 3 38 29 +9 16
4 Thatius 9 4 2 3 36 35 +1 14
5 Darvale 9 1 2 6 17 34 −17 5
6 Stimpsk 9 1 1 7 18 40 −22 4

Group 6
Mizuyuki 1–0 Pritchardia
Patistan 1–3 Equestrian States
Transalpine Republic 0–3 The Fair Republic

Group 6 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Equestrian States 9 7 1 1 35 15 +20 22
2 The Fair Republic 9 7 0 2 48 24 +24 21

3 Transalpine Republic 9 6 0 3 29 21 +8 18
4 Patistan 9 4 1 4 25 30 −5 13
5 Pritchardia 9 1 0 8 18 36 −18 3
6 Mizuyuki 9 1 0 8 14 43 −29 3

Group 7
Korva 1–2 Borschlandia
Semarland 0–1 Gyatso-kai
Arkiasis 5–1 Quakmybush

Group 7 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Arkiasis 9 7 1 1 35 20 +15 22
2 Gyatso-kai 9 6 1 2 23 19 +4 19

3 Borschlandia 9 5 1 3 29 20 +9 16
4 Quakmybush 9 2 2 5 25 28 −3 8
5 Korva 9 1 3 5 20 34 −14 6
6 Semarland 9 1 2 6 20 31 −11 5

Group 8
SJT 6–4 Muriburiland
Jeckland 1–1 Estope
Aquitayne 7–3 Vaugania

Group 8 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Estope 9 7 2 0 40 20 +20 23
2 Vaugania 9 6 1 2 42 28 +14 19
3 Aquitayne 9 6 0 3 35 24 +11 18
4 Jeckland 9 4 1 4 35 29 +6 13
5 SJT 9 2 0 7 21 41 −20 6
6 Muriburiland 9 0 0 9 14 45 −31 0

Group 9
Jecatria 0–1 Zenic
The United Regions 4–8 Havl
New North Aqmuland 4–7 Saintland

Group 9 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Havl 9 7 2 0 49 25 +24 23
2 Saintland 9 6 1 2 33 26 +7 19

3 New North Aqmuland 9 5 0 4 33 35 −2 15
4 The United Regions 9 4 0 5 38 30 +8 12
5 Zenic 9 3 0 6 16 29 −13 9
6 Jecatria 9 0 1 8 12 36 −24 1

Group 10
Ri'en 1–5 Electrum
San Jose Guayabal 4–5 Valanora
New Wolfopolis 3–6 Falcus

Group 10 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Valanora 9 7 1 1 44 29 +15 22
2 Falcus 9 6 1 2 34 21 +13 19
3 New Wolfopolis 9 5 2 2 27 22 +5 17
4 San Jose Guayabal 9 3 1 5 27 26 +1 10
5 Electrum 9 2 0 7 23 34 −11 6
6 Ri'en 9 1 1 7 13 36 −23 4

Group 11
The Kytler Peninsulae 1–1 Esparmuran
Britonisea 1–2 Gregoryisgodistan
Anditia 5–4 Darmen

Group 11 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Gregoryisgodistan 9 6 2 1 19 10 +9 20
2 Anditia 9 6 1 2 31 22 +9 19

3 Esparmuran 9 4 2 3 21 25 −4 14
4 Darmen 9 4 0 5 32 18 +14 12
5 The Kytler Peninsulae 9 3 1 5 8 22 −14 10
6 Britonisea 9 1 0 8 10 24 −14 3

Group 12
Flammable American States 2–2 New South Aqmuland
Crystal Empire 1–3 Torisakia
HopNation 3–1 Nova Anglicana

Group 12 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Torisakia 9 7 0 2 47 30 +17 21
2 Nova Anglicana 9 6 0 3 34 17 +17 18
3 HopNation 9 5 1 3 33 30 +3 16
4 Crystal Empire 9 3 1 5 21 22 −1 10
5 New South Aqmuland 9 2 1 6 20 38 −18 7
6 Flammable American States 9 2 1 6 16 34 −18 7

Qualified for Playoffs
Eliminated
Last edited by Sangti on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:49 am

Ice Slaves Clinch Spot in Next Round

The Gregoryisgodistan Ice Slaves clinched a spot in at least the Round of 24 today following a 2-1 win against Britonisea on the road. Pervert Chaser JDJJ8138 and Weatherman 92UDH9111 scored for the team, which continued its strong performance in the group stage and showed why they are the number 8 team in the world. If Gregoryisgodistan is one of the top 8 group winners, they will earn a bye to the round of 16. If they are one of the bottom four group winners, or if they finish second in their group, they will play in the Round of 16. Regardless, there is just one more game left in the group stage, against The Kytler Peninsulae. Even with a win, the Ice Slaves would not be assured one of the top 8 seeds, as most group leaders have more points than them at the moment. The Ice Slaves would need some help. Regardless, they are going through to the knockout stages in The Royal Barangay.

After the game, Horse Beater LAL9120 was ecstatic, saying "We are going to The Royal Barangay. This is exciting. This is our time to win. We will hoist the World Cup of Hockey Trophy this year. Mark my words. We will win this thing. We are the greatest team in the world. Go Ice Slaves."

Meanwhile, Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel, who has been one of the best goaltenders in the tournament, was also ecstatic, saying "I look forward to crushing a few more players this tournament. Now, I have more than one game and don't have to get all my crushing out against Kytler. It's good for them too - I probably would have crushed that entire team if I didn't know I had at least two more games to crush in. I love crushing." Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel then proceeded to crush a reporter from Britonisea who was attempting to interview him. He then crushed three police officers who tried to arrest him before fleeing the interview room and boarding the Gregoryisgodistani charter with the rest of the team. They then flew back to Gregoryisgodistan safely. Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel was not arrested as he crushed the police officers who tried to do so.

The final game of the group stage will be played at a sold-out Willingsley Arena, as the fans look to give their beloved Ice Slaves a proper send off. The game will air live on the Sports Channel as well. The Kytler Peninsulae is currently in fifth place out of six in Group 11 but is the only team to beat the Ice Slaves this tournament. Gregoryisgodistan will certainly be looking for revenge. And boy will revenge be sweet if a couple players get crushed.

Lord Almighty Gregory also wished the team well, saying "I encourage all Gregoryisgodistanis to cheer on your Ice Slaves hockey team as they take on the Kytler Peninsulae and later in the rest of the tournament as well. They could very well hoist the championship trophy, and in fact they probably will. You never know what will happen, but I personally believe this team has it in them to win it all. I said that the Bat Slaves would win IBS II, and they did. I said the Bat Slaves would win IBS III, and they did. I said the Bat Slaves would three-peat, and they did! I said we would have a Top 4 finish at the Cup of Harmony. Nobody believed me, but we did. Gregoryisgodistan is the most glorious and holy nation in the whole entire multiverse, and we will dominate the sports scene by winning the World Cup of Hockey. And when we win, we will crush the entire opposing team! Go Ice Slaves!"
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:27 am

OOC: I meant to post this yesterday, but I ended up falling asleep. I will also be writing Episode 3 today.

Episode 1

A Horrible Soap Opera That Involves Ice Hockey
Epsisode 2: "A Stick to Remember"

Gabriel ran into the 7th Avenue Arena, the location of the Montreuil Amateur Men's Association Hockey League, also known as the MAMA League. They're working on a name change. It's a really funny story how that came about, but we don't have enough time to work that into the plot of this episode and still get to all of the very emotional substance. It's a long story involving velociraptors and a drunken man from Stromhurst that rode into town backwards on an okapi.

Gabriel's whimpers drew the attention of the screenwriters and got them back on track. He was absolutely crushed and sobbed into hands as he fell to his knees. Raoul seriously contemplated building an ark to save himself from the river of his friend's sadness juice. Natalie crouched beside Gabriel and said, "It's okay Gabriel. There's no changing things now. It's time to move on." She said this both to comfort her friend and introduce herself as both a character in this show and as a potential love interest should ratings drop.

"NOOOO!!! NO ONE WILL EVER REPLACE ARTURO!!!" he roared.

The camera, which had yet to show Arturo on screen for dramatic effect, finally panned over to him. There he was, broken in half, splintered wood around him. A mighty stick had fallen. It was Garbiel's other best friend that wasn't Raoul. LeBlanc remembered all of the good times they had in the MAMA League. All of the improbable goals they scored. The plots to heartwarming sports movies they resolved. The communist 80's supervillains they vanquished. These times were all over and all Gabriel could do about was cry.

It was Raoul's turn to attempt to comfort his saddened friend. Raoul, now dry and looking immaculate because if those producers thought they were going to soak him for two shoots in a row oh hell no, said to him, "You potential love interest is right. There is nothing we can do about it now."

A few sniffles later, Gabriel collected up his companion's remains and began to leave. He nearly collapsed under the weight of his sorrow and it required Raoul and Natalie holding him up to keep him vertical. This was perhaps the worst day of Gabriel's life. Even worse than when he dropped his MePhone in the toilet and had to soak it in rice for what seemed like an eternity. This was truly a tragedy.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:04 am

Now that’s better, much better. We apparently shook off that brutal beating we got from the Ice Birds to stick it to the Lions. This win also puts us within two points of Nova Anglicana, but we need to keep in mind we have a game left. This game against the Lions was a good one and was even through two and the teams entered the third with zero goals. The Mashers scored first in the third, but it was short lived as once again our penalty kill couldn’t do it’s job and we allowed the Lions on the board. The battle would slide on as the two teams battled, with HopNation netting it’s second with four minutes to play and it looked like this game would come down to a last ditch effort by Nova Anglicana as they pulled their goalie, Kelly, with 1:30 on the clock. They were putting some extreme pressure on the Mashers when we finally got it cleared out of the zone. The puck was then sent back in with just 25 seconds left, but the pass was overshot and came to the stick of Bjarte Holt (replaced Faucheux after the last game). The goalie simply slung the puck out of the zone and directly at the empty net, with the offensive pressure from the Lions no one was back to stop the puck and it went in for the games fourth (HoNation’s 3rd) goal of the game and is where the match would end.

Now with one game left we are sitting in third place and just two points out of second. But we need two things to happen if we want to continue playing in this World Cup of Hockey. 1. We win, which hopefully won’t be to much of a challenge, but you never know and is why we play the games. 2. Nova Anglicana needs to lose again, this time at the hands of Crystal Empire. I’m hopeful but am also realistic in that we have a long shot for both of those two things to happen. Nonetheless, lets go MASHERS, LETS GO!
Group 12 Teams
1. Image Torisakia (7) 7-0-2
2. Image Nova Anglicana (30) 6-0-3
3. Image HopNation (53) 5-1-3
4. Image Crystal Empire (62) 3-1-5
5. Image New South Aqmuland (UR) 2-1-6
6. Image Flammable American States (UR) 2-1-6
Match Day 4 Results
Flammable American States 2–2 New South Aqmuland
Crystal Empire 1–3 Torisakia
HopNation 3–1 Nova Anglicana
Mashers Matches
25 May (Su) – MD1 vs Crystal Empire
26 May (M) - MD2 @ Flammable American States
27 May (T) - MD3 vs Torisakia
28 May (W) - MD4 @ Nova Anglicana
29 May (Th) – MD5 vs New South Aqmuland
30 May (F) - MD6 @ Crystal Empire
31 May (Sa) – MD7 vs Flammable American States
1 June (Su) – MD8 @ Torisakia
2 June (M) - MD9 vs Nova Anglicana
3 June (T) - MD10 @ New South Aqmuland
Win | Draw | Loss
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Anditia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anditia » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:51 am

Wolverines draw Ice Slaves, Defeat Darmen for spot in playoffs
Gretel Thoms - Anditon Free Press

In an exciting turn of events, the Anditon Wolverines have clinched their way into the playoffs with the potential of still grabbing the top mark in Group 11 (with a win over Esparmuran during their final game). The surprising tie against the Gregoryisgodistan Ice Slaves on Gregoryisgodistan's home ice with only seconds remaining in the game provided the self confidence to the Wolverines that they deserved to make their way into the playoffs. During the next round, we don't know exactly who the Wolverines will face, but the veritable panthea of the who's who of WCoH elites have already clinched their spot in the next round (beginning in a few days). The roster of playoff teams include: The aforementioned Ice Slaves, Neu Engollon Ibex(16th), Ko-oren (13th), Royal Kingdom of Quebec (21) Ice Knights, Vilita and Turori (5), Sicoutimont (10), Northern Sunrise Islands Stars (6), Equestrian States (11), The Fair Republic (20), Arkiasis The Wolves(37), Gyatso-kai Ice Bison(4), Estope (14), Havl(1), Saintland Sanctii (23), Valanora Calcuttas (2) and the Torisakia Ice Birds(7). Currently, Anditia represents the lowest overall ranked team to make the playoffs holding a rank of 40th overall. The Wolverines will face an uphill battle, though with pure grit and determination they have been able to prove that they have a place amongst those in the upper echelon - even if they don't advance in the playoffs, their performance in this WCoH will provide a higher standing for their next attempt of a WCoH Cup Run. Nonetheless, there are games to be recapped, and so - to back to the past.

During their game against the Ice Slaves, the Wolverines were faced with what seemed to be insurmountable odds. Previously, when facing the Ice Slaves on their home ice,
Nation       | 1 | 2 | 3 | F
Anditia | 1 | 0 | 2 | 3
Gregoryisgod.| 1 | 2 | 0 | 3

Anditon Scores:
1: Van Ryk (2) from Nelson (3)
2: None
3: Wallock (4) from Van Ryk (7)
Thomas (2) from Wallock (3) and Funar (4)
Anditia was unable to muster much offensive luck, losing 1-0 despite placing 50 shots on net. This game started in a similar fashion with the Ice Slaves scoring first immediately placing an immense pressure on the Wolverines to rebound. Fortunately, Nestor Van Ryk was able to score tying the game at 1. Despite bringing some pressure to the Ice Slaves, the Ice Slaves were able to ride the momentum of the crowd to two 2nd period goals. Down 3-1 going into the third period, coach Mario Grappo asked instigator and big-man Kyle Pane to provide a spark to his team by charging Enemy Crusher Franky "Fatso" McFattel. The technique worked, forcing an injury and ejection to Pane while simultaneously injecting some life into the team. Despite a number of odd man rushes against the Ice Slave defense, the Wolverines were finally able to score with 5 minutes remaining in the game. Nestor Van Ryk brought the puck up ice, splitting the Ice Slave defense feathering the puck to an awaiting Mike Wallock, who was able to score - top-shelf. Down 3-2, the Wolverines had silenced the home-team crowd once again providing more of a spark to the Wolverines. With one minute remaining, Grappo pulled starting goaltender Anders Mikkan allowing Micha Thomas to enter as the 6th attacker. Following an onslaught of shots on net, Thomas was finally able to score - tying the game at 3. This score would hold through the OT period, meaning that, with the Loss of Darmen to Esparmuran, the Wolverines would only need a single point in their next game to clinch a spot in the WCoH playoffs.

Having lost a depressing game to the Esparmuran Ice Caps, the Darmen National Ice Hockey team had not seemed to play like their high-scoring first half had provided since their forfeit to the Gregoryisgodistan team.
Nation    | 1 | 2 | 3 | F
Anditia | 1 | 3 | 1 | 5
Darmen | 1 | 2 | 1 | 4

Anditon Scores:
1: Wallock PP (5) from Nelson (4) and Thompson (1)
2: Stone (1) from Boef (3)
Neil (1) from Thompson (2) and Van Bork (1)
Havut (2) from D'Aura (7) and Mikku (1)
3: Boef PP (2) from Lovan (5)
A dejected Darmen team came to Anditia with thoughts of revenge. Despite playing well against the Ice Slaves, coach Mario Grappo decided to replace 1a goaltender Anders Mikkan with 1b tender Corwin Bouvol. Bouvol had played well during a loss to Gregoryisgodistan during their first match and in a win over Britonisea. Aside from Bouvol being in net, the game was dominated by the play of the third and fourth line. With an injury sustained to Kyle Pane during the previous game, and Tim Stone coming back following his injury, the third line looked a bit different with the young James Varton replacing Pane at Left Wing. Varton brought a new spark to the third line, moving his rather sizeable frame to plug-up the middle of the ice infront of the Darmeni tender Peter Roloson. This was most apparent during the 2nd period when Jimmy Boef was able to steal a puck away from Raimondo Vespa from behind the net, feeding it to the high slot, where Tim Stone placed the puck behind a very well screened Roloson for his first goal of the tournament. Shortly following this goal, the Wolverines were able to score again, providing a 2 goal lead (3-1) at the mid point of the second period. Darmen quickly came back scoring two goals in three minutes due to an unfortunate 5-3 following a missed clear by Brent Funar and a high-stick sustained on an attempt to clear 15 seconds into the first period. Though Darmen was able to score (Zyuzin from Kuba) on the 5-3 Power Play, they were unable to score on the remaining 32 seconds of 5-4 penalty. Unfortunately, they were able to use the momentum gained to beat Bouvol on a slap-shot from the point, tying the game at 3. With 32 seconds left in the second period Jarls Mikku fed the puck up the boards to Samm D'Aura who, on a 3 on 2 break away, passed to a charging Niko Havut, who scored. Like the first period, the final period was filled with whistles, allowing a number of power-play opportunities for both teams. Jimmy Boef was able to once again prove his worth, scoring on a power-play following a high-stick by Bernhard Kucera. Up 5-3, the Wolverines needed only to fend off a Darmen pulled goalie with 2:30 left in the game. With the sixth man on the ice, Darmen quickly won their offensive zone face-off with Brendan Ronning beating Nestor Van Ryk for the puck. Ronning fed the puck to the extra-attacker Boris Landvik who quickly beat Bouvol high on the blocker side. With 2:17 left in the game, the Wolverines were able to win the next face off, keeping Roloson in the net for 45 seconds before losing the puck on the offensive rush. During the last minute of play, energy fed by the Anditon fans on their feet (still), the Wolverines were able to rebuff the offensive onslaught of shots on goal - hanging on to defeat Darmen, thus clinching a spot in the playoffs.

Their next game will be against the Esparmuran Ice Caps away. With a win, and an unlikely loss by the Ice Slaves to the Kytler Peninsulae, the Wolverines still have a chance to claim the top seed from Group 11. Though, going into the playoffs well rested would also be beneficial. Either way, a win would be nice and we think that Anditia can pull one off - even still, we're rooting (more?) for the Kytler Knockouts in their game against Gregoryisgodistan.

GO KYTLER!

**The views stated in this article in no way represent those of the Anditon government**

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:43 pm

Arkiasis Defeats Gyatso-kai 3-2 With Late Game Goal
Arkiasis Secures Playoff birth and potentially top place in group following second win against former World Cup Champions
By Haley Johnston | REPUBLIC CITY, GYATSO-KAI | Posted: 2 June 2014 17:40 AST

Most Popular

Arkiasis Defeats Gyatso-kai 3-2
With Late Game Goal

Scientists Predict Record Setting
Summer Ahead
Ghant Republic Referendum
"Too Close to Call"
Troy Brown Outlines Next Four
Years
Potential Options for Future
Aircraft Carrier

Arkiasis celebrates after their late-game victory.

Group 7                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Arkiasis 9 7 1 1 35 20 +15 22
2 Gyatso-kai 9 6 1 2 23 19 +4 19

3 Borschlandia 9 5 1 3 29 20 +9 16
4 Quakmybush 9 2 2 5 25 28 −3 8
5 Korva 9 1 3 5 20 34 −14 6
6 Semarland 9 1 2 6 20 31 −11 5
- (The Examiner) Arkiasis has secured their first every playoff birth in the World Cup of Hockey following a close 3-2 game against defending World Cup champions Gyatso-kai.

The Capital Centre in Republic City was filled to capacity with around 21,000 people to watch what so-far is the biggest game for the group and one of the bigger games for the qualification round. The stadium was filled with mostly Gyatso-kaians, however several thousands Arkiasian fans made the long trip to watch the team play the defending World Cup champions.

The puck dropped and immediately Gyatso-kai set the pace with a hard push to the net and a well-placed shot to the top right of the net which saw the first goal scored by Hitkei Kia only 18 seconds into the game. The goal was a serious wake-up call for Arkiasis with Coach Victor Montgomery reminding the team of what's at stake.

Shortly thereafter Arkiasis began an offensive attack which saw shots hit the net, sail over the net and hit bodies in front of the net. Typical Arkiasian affair which sometimes makes people think that the odd fan in the stands who shouts "shoot!" at every given opportunity is actually the coach of the team. Eventually the onslaught resulted in a goal 10 minutes into the period from a rebound goal from William Francis which just barely managed to squeak past the five-hole of Zhao Hotaka to tie the game 1-1. For the remainder of the first Gyatso-kai successfully managed to contain the offence of Arkiasis and keep the game at a 1-1 tie.

10 minutes into the second period Brent Resnick scored which saw Arkiasis take the lead in the game. The Arkiasian bench erupted into celebration as boo's rained down from the arena. "Geez, you would of thought they just won the damn championship." said head coach of Gyatso-kai, Kad Skirata. Insults and obscurities where exchanged between the benches with tempers beginning to flare halfway through the game. An ensuing scrum between on ice players had to broken up by referees, however this was only the beginning. On the next shift Jaster Gilamaj knocked Resnick into the boards ensured in a massive scrum between players and eventually a fight between Defenceman Logan Ross and Jaster Gilamaj. Ross was able to land two punches before Gilamaj overpowered the 92kg defenceman and responded with several punches of his own before Gilamaj fell on top of Ross and referees broke up the fight. The fight brought some life into the Gyatso-kai as they responded with several well-placed shots on Dennis Boyd but were unable to score as the period ended.

Heading into the third period Gyatso-kai responded hard amassing 16 shots on net before finally tying the game with only 5 minutes to go from a rebound goal from Ishida. With momentum shfited towards Gyatso-kai, the Arkiasian defence was tested to their limits as Gyatso-kai pummelled offensive pressure onto Arkiasis, keeping them in their zone for much of the final 5 minutes as fans sat on the edge of their seats holding their breathe every time a shot is taken. In response to the offensive pressure Kad Skirata pulled Zhao from the net in the final minute of the game. With just 10 seconds left Lucas Lynch got a hold of the puck and dumped the puck out of the zone in desperation which saw the puck sail and then bounce towards the net before hitting the post and slowly sliding into the net as fans sat stunned to what just happened.

Dennis Boyd stopped 51 of 53 shots while Zhao Hotaka stopped 50 of 52.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Hicana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hicana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

SECESSION! Fliers Split to form West Hicaña

Hicaña is in turmoil as the supporters of our hockey team's name being changed to "Fliers" from the traditional, incorrect spelling of "Flyers" have attempted secession from West Hicaña.

A map of Hicaña's 2000 territory, with West Hicaña in purple.

Lead by Raymond's successor Jim Ramirez, the Fliers, whose national everything team is, of course, called the West Hicaña Fliers, seceded with some land in northwestern Hicaña and raised their capital as Raymond. It's not a big nation - the population is estimated 6,000, nor is it particularly safe, as the men and women they drove out of West Hicaña are starting to return, but it's the home of the rebels now.

It's the latest in a series of increasingly ridiculous secessions from Hicaña, whose size is now smaller than all of its seceded states individually, except for West Hicaña which is really quite tiny. As the latest turmoil in the ex-Llamanean territory continues, news anchors around the world are only left to wonder how long the fragile nations can last, and who will end up on top in the struggle for Hicaña.

Meanwhile, pro-Flier terrorists set off more bombs in the capital Ansilla, killing 429, three of which were senators. Even worse, the president is in critical condition and rumors are swirling that he has died but the government is withholding the information to prevent panic. It isn't working, to be sure, as Flier and Flyer terrorists alike run side by side with panicked citizens, burning Ansilla.

While Hicaña still retains small pockets of space around and near the cities of Garymond and Port Bartholomew, the west of which is now the capital of Miklandia, it's unsure whether or not their military can recover in time to regain their lost territory.

Zhong: "The Attack Begins"

Michael Zhong, the president of nearby Tree Death, has decided to invade Hicaña, but from what direction this is planned is uncertain.

A map of ex-Llamanean colonies in the Baryfos Ocean, with Tree Death in mahogany

Also unknown is exactly which ex-Hicañan state he will invade. Before the secession of Miklandia, Hicaña and Tree Death, who split from Super-Llamaland in 1967 and 1984, were on good terms, although the period between Tree Death's autonomy and Hicaña's normality was indeed quite short. Tree Death currently borders ex-Hicañan territory from the entire west, mostly southwest, and Miklandia and Sola are taking precautions, forming militias. However, Miklandian's council of leaders has not determined to withdraw their invading army from Hasilliá, whose president let slip he was close to surrender. Similarly, Sola has cut a swath across Nacañerá and is now moving across the east of Nacañerá and into Hicaña.

Tension is high as curious politics are let loose into the six warring nations.

The Idiot's Guide to the War

Hicaña (independent April 3, 1967): Greg-worshipping, citizen-slaughtering nation. At war with West Hicaña for the silliest reasons. Started all of this, especially due to their oppression of Miklandia.

Tree Death (December 1994): Conservative tropical republic. Is considering invading. More Asian ethnic mix has kept them isolated from Hicaña.

Miklandia (April 2000): First to split from Hicaña, many centaurs and elves. Fighting for their rights with a Council rather than one sole power-abusing leader. Seems to only respect their rights, as they're invading Hasilliá.

Sola (September 6, 2001): After the Greg-worshipping massacre, Sola decided they were best off isolated from their violent neighbor. Became a liberal island republic. Invading Nacañerá and more wary for Tree Death attack than their Miklandian counterparts.

Hasilliá (May 11, 2003): Seceded after the takeover of Ancinen. With Miklandia on their doorstep, they're begging for annexation by Tree Death or Super-Llamaland.

Nacañerá (May 12, 2003): Seceded after Hasilliá. Doesn't have friendly relations with anyone. Northern country who is trying to make trade with others in the region. Being beaten up by Sola and considering dissolving back into Hicaña, who isn't even trying to stop them.

West Hicaña (August 1, 2005): Seceded for really weird reasons. Now driving Hicañans from their doorstep and glancing back at their shoulder.
THE HOLY SOVEREIGN STATE OF HICAÑA
President: Antonio Sandoval
Population: 650,000 (plus 550,000 in Nevo Esperanso)
Area: Something around the size of Tirana (plus a Bangladesh in Nevo Esperanso)

We're going through another phase right now. REMOVE INFIDEL!

Borschlandia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Borschlandia » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Meern, defense shine in Korva, 2-1 win assures Borschland will finish over .500 in first WCoH
Radio Borschland International News Service

The Swans of Borschland will not be moving on to the playoff round of the XXIV World Cup of Hockey, but their 2-1 win over the Korva Red Stags has put them in third place in their group with one game to play versus playoff-bound Arkiasis.

In this game, captain Tjard Meern of Matexipar made the difference by anchoring a stingy defense and scoring the decisive goal with 3:54 left in the third period, a screaming slapshot from 40 feet out. A back-and-forth, tightly checked contest saw Borschland score first as Habel Baarda put home a rebound from a long-range shot from Klaes Diefenhoven at 10:17 of the first. Korva tightened up thereafter and tied the score after a flurry of blocked shots and rebounds, a back pass to the point from Pat Wolfe to Roland Du Bois, who then struck a wicked slap-wrister that got through the defense and goalie Heiko Moordfors.

The shot was one of the few that reached Moordfors, as Meern himself blocked 11, Diefenhoven 4, and Gerd Luppink 3. Overall, Korva ended with 18 shots on goal to Borschland's 28. Much as he had done with the puck throughout the game, Meern deflected praise of his achievement, saying, "We are proud to take three points from an away game against a worthy opponent."

Coach Lindemoor, who is in charge of the defense, spoke about what Borschland had learned during Cup play: "We see that in international play, the defense must be more involved with creating goals than in our native game. The boys adapted to the international style well." Meern himself has 2 goals and 4 assists in the competition, a much larger proportion of the scoring than he is accustomed to in regular season play.
Read the book that inspired this nation!

Part 2

This nation should be ICly referred to as "Borschland".

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Lions Need at least One

Martin Granger, Staff Reporter

After a 3-0 win over New South Aqmuland pushed the Lions to 6-0-2 and first place on head-to-head in Group 12, a devastating road loss has left the Lions unable to relax. They went on the road to play HopNation, where a win would seal playoff contention. Instead, they surrendered two goals after leading 1-0 early in the third, and went on to lose 3-1 in a disappointing performance. Let's take a look at the Lions' playoff prospects with one game to play.

They have 18 points and trail Torisakia by three, virtually assuring that they will not finish better than second in the group. The Ice Birds face the Flammable American States on MD10, a team that they fell to 3-2 the last time they played them, but a similar results seems extremely unlikely. The Ice Birds will likely finish with eight wins and 24 points in first place. So where does that leave the Lions?

With eighteen points, the Lions are in second place and lead 3rd-place HopNation by two points. HopNation faces New South Aqmuland and look likely to pick up three points, as they smacked the Aqmulanders 10-3 in their last meeting. Assuming that HopNation finishes with 19 points, what do the Lions have to do? It's simple. Not lose. If the Lions pick up at least one point against Crystal Empire at home in Londinium, they will finish with 19 points and advance on the goal difference tiebreaker (assuming HopNation doesn't pile up a margin of victory of 14 goals or more). Of course, a win would be much more preferable, but a draw would assure their victory. Cecil Palmer might have them turtle from the beginning to try and avoid losing, but considering that the Lions needed to battle to escape the Crystal Empire with a 1-0 win, conservative play could easily lead to a loss. The Lions will be better off if they just play their particular game and play it well. Let's hope they can hold off the Mashers.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Episode 1
Episode 2

A Horrible Soap Opera That Involves Ice Hockey
Epsisode 3: "We Should Probably Introduce the Antagonists at this Point"

Just as our trio was about to exit the arena, they heard three laughs behind them. Big, jolly, bellowing laughs. Gabriel, Natalie, and Raoul took turns turning and staring dramatically at the source of the laughter in sexylicious fashion. Three tall, blond men with ruddy complexions emerged from the shadow of an off-screen object. Our trio wondered who these three were. Gabriel said, "Who are these guys?"

"Mysterious strangers of mystery!" Raoul announced.

Natalie questioned, "There's enough room on the payroll for three antagonists?"

The three men soon answered their question, "I am Sven," said the first as he slid some lutefisk down his gullet.

"I am Olli," said the middle one as he chomped down on krumkake*.

"And I am Knut," said the third as he buttered his lefse.

"Ve are from Sorochuk. Ve have come to challenge you Montreuilers to a hockey match. Yoo think you are so good now with that one fellow playing hockey on the national team in the goal."

Gabriel fought back the tears as he looked back at Arturo, "So you broke my stick?!?! My best friend?!?!"

"Vell..." began Olli.

"I don't suppose yoo have any evidence that ve did," specualted Knut.

"Cuz that'd be real impressive if yoo did," finished Sven.

"Oh yah," agreed Olli.

"Yoo betcha," added Knut.

Natalie said to Arturo, "I think we should call the police. These guys are really starting to creep me out. Before you know it, they'll be selling us meatballs and very affordable furniture with simplistic design and complicated instruction."

"Hey!" called Sven, "Ve are not like those scum**! Our people like to hike and go cross-country skiing! Ve don't sell those horse meatballs!"

Raoul, ignoring the Sorochukers, combated Natalie by saying, "Who would do an intelligent thing like that? The mere suggestion is idiotic. There are only two ways this can end. With an ending that makes every cry tears of joy like in a Mallhark made-for-TV movie... or with BLOOD!!!"

With that profound declaration Raoul charged the antagonists intent on causing bodily harm. He launched a fist towards one of the Sorochukers and it connected. It was Olli who went down with a loud thud. Knut and Sven collectively gasped with such gusto that it sucked nearly all of the oxygen out of the arena. A young man oblivious to what was happening, as was everyone not named Gabriel, Raoul, Natalie, Olli, Knut, or Sven, suffocated and died.

Raoul looked down at the blood on his fist breathed heavily even though he only did any sort of physical activity for about four seconds. His muscles were tense to show how serious and hardcore he was. Raoul was not to be messed with.

Meanwhile in Sorochuk, Olli's grandmother fainted because he got blood on the vibrantly colored knit sweater she made for him.

"Oh dear, wouldja look at that?" said Knut.

"Oh yah. That's a plot device alright," added Sven.

Police came running into the arena and apprehended Raoul. He did little to resist because he was showing his human side. Even though he had the gall to knock out an unassuming out-of-towner, he knew that what he did was illegal and he deserved to be arrested. Children, take note and now no one can say that you didn't learn anything from watching this show.

Gabriel called out to Raoul, "How will we engage in 3-on-3 hockey with these men if we don't have a third player?"

Raoul, You will have to seek out my younger brother, Luoar."

Gabriel gasped and caused yet another free skater to suffocate to death. "Luoar?! You said you would never speak of him!"

"It is now that I must break that solemn vow I made to my mother...'s friend's cousin's roommate. There is no other choice."

"Very well. I will seek him out and I will avenge you!"

Raoul choked back manly tears of bro-itude as he was escorted out of the arena. Gabriel did the same and wondered if he would ever see his friend again.
*Krumkake is delicious
**The scum, of course, is the Swedes. The Scandinavian population of Vaugania is comprised of Norwegians.
Last edited by Vaugania on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:04 pm

"Hello Neu Engollon! I'm Karl Demais and you're watching the NETV Sports 7 Update.
The Ibex hold steady and continue to rack up wins in their group, looking to gain a new best record, certainly for the Confederacy, possibly for Astyria, and maybe in whole realm of ice hockey in the multi-verse.
A 4-0 win against Super Llamaland has gotten Neu Engollon that much closer to reaching their goal. After this, they have bought themselves a bypass ticket straight to the Round of 16.
I know that all of you have cringed at how close Magda, my sometime co-anchor, has played fast and loose with possibly jinxing our Ibex' chances by bragging about their perfect record, but rest assured, we will not br-...What's th-...Oh. Well, I guess we just did bring it up. Anyway, we look at their last game of the Group as they will take on Kinzar. We have Maurice Terfram on the video link here. Maurice, can you hear me?"

"Yes. I'm here."

"Maurice, thank you for taking some time out tonight. How do you all feel about the upcoming match?"

"Yep. No problem. Feel good."

"O...Kay. So, are the rest of the team feeling prepared?"

"Yes. They are."

"I...alright. How about Kinzar, how do you feel about their te-..."

"Good. They're good."

"I see....and the best squad you've faced in the group?"

"Dragonflice."

"Ko-oren?"

"Yes. Good. They're super good."

"Maurice, thank you for sharing today."

"You bet. Any time."

"Well, then...Tune into NETV Sports 7 for the game on delay and we'll see you tomorrow night! Stay tuned for the Helvetic Premier League scores after the break..."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:28 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delays with this one. I had a bit of writer's block before this evening. I hope I'll pick up my slack and get more RPs done, as the playoffs approach.

Part 1
Part 2

The Road- (3)

Late Wednesday evening, he was at his room after practicing at his backyard rink for shooting. The season opener's 3 days away, so he got even more nervous yet excited for a title this time for the ultimate showdown.
His room was covered with hundreds of memorabilas of Quebec Nordiques and their players. Nordiques may be rebuilding right now, but it wasn’t so long ago that they used to dominate the league to an unparalleled extent. The team took 11 Prenneau Cups between 1996-1997 season and 2011-2012 season, as well as countless of goals and 12 Hall of Famers on their rosters. So it was of no surprise that lots of younger hockey fans, especially from those who were born in 1980s, grew up to love the Nordiques. Alexandre was one of them.
He particularly liked Jocelyn Perreault. A smooth skater with high hockey IQ, Perreault was one of the most dominant Left-Winger in QHL's history. He retired as a very successful player, capping his career with 578 goals and 1,276 points on 1,296 games, as well as 9 Prenneau Cup titles. He remembered how happy he was when he scored an epic goal off his smooth hands, and wished that he could be just like the very 2016 Quebec Hockey League Hall of Fame Inductee.

As he grew older and older, he started to emulate the little things that his idol used to do, and hoped that he’d wear the very blue jersey of the Nordiques with its iconic igloo logo. He very much knew that he didn’t really stand a chance however, when his competitor is a local product. Kirils Golovkovs, a much-hyped prospect since the age of 12, were already lighting the CHL up in his third season with CSKA Quebec and doesn’t seem to lose his hold on everybody’s minds as the consensus No.1 overall pick for it.
So even though he would’ve loved to join the marvellous core of young, offensive players in Barbashev twins and Rodolphe Gong, he very well knew that he will probably get drafted by Kenora or Labrador City this June. He was fine with Kenora, considering the relative proximity to his hometown compared to other cities, and the coaching staff they have over there. But Labrador City, the franchise well known for its mess in the league……The thoughts of playing as a Freeze didn’t really entertain him a lot, making him feel lot worse every time when he thought of such scenario.

That being said, let’s go back to the actual scene. Alexandre was lying in his bed, trying to figure out the meaning of a book he’s been assigned for novel study in English named ‘Convergent’ by David Ouellette-St. Armant. He was a very smart person, but still struggled to follow the depth of the substances provided in the novel without having to re-read it over and over again. It wasn’t just his problem, but also of others as well, which was the reason why Dr. Stephen Ahn decided to use this novel for English.

“Why did Jean Lamarc commit suicide, at such a wonderful April day by the Dalhousie Park, in Halifax?” He wondered, as he read through the supposed suicide note that the protagonist left when he committed suicide at the beginning of the novel, as well as description of his drowned, cold body. The words that he used for such were extremely powerful, yet giving enough advices in order to not spoiling anything yet. He really liked the dynamic use of words and was about to fall into the magic of it when the sound of Bling! came from his phone.
He, instantly stunned with the surprising bell of notification, quickly turned around and checked the message.

To: Alexandre Dumont, 08:51
Don’t forget to come out for a smoke tonight, k? I’ll meet you and Michael just by the harbour, around 9.

He replied right away, agreeing to meet him and their good friend, Michael Valliere just by the lake. Of course he had a bigger thing to do, such as reading up to Page 193 of the 789-page book, but Alex didn’t really want to break a promise that he already made with his friends. Soon, he was on his way to the port.

Two teenagers greeted him with a pat on back when Alexandre, after 15 minutes of walking all the way from the Eastern part of the town, arrived at the empty piers of the Ogoki Port. Michael Valliere was a huge class clown. Even though his antic were quite strange by the standards of those Northern Ontarians, people still liked him a lot because of sociability. He knew almost everyone in the school and certainly all the people in their grade, which was of no surprise due to his extreme activity within the societies of Ogoki Lakes. It’s also because he threw not only lots, but also the best of parties and always had alcohol brought from his cousin (who owns a trucking business) in Sudbury, a city 800km away.
Semyon Gorbunov was totally different, on the other hand. Though too lazy to host these parties, he always attended the parties that he could go to, for he always enjoyed them. Aside from that however, he was somewhat of a thoughtful, on-ground person, not speaking too much unless it’s needed. His opinions, when spoken, were extremely sharp-edged and honest, to such an extent that it got him the fame in almost any classes that involves debating and arguing of any other sort.
“Hey, boys.” Alexandre said in a cheerful tone, but still gasping for breath, “What’s up?”
“Nothing much.” Semyon responded, before lighting the unlit cigarette that’s on his mouth. “No homework due for me tomorrow, so more than enough time to enjoy this silent, September night.”
“That’s good to hear.” Said Michael, before starting to talk about what happened with his pubic hair earlier this morning, followed by other things of their interest.

………........

“What?” Michael shouted out in utter surprise. “You gotta be kidding me, Alex.”
“I’m not kidding, once again I’m telling you.” Alexandre responded, trying to calm his friend down. That didn’t help with his response, for Michael only got even more surprised at that.
“I get it if it’s Arlene or Haley, for they are quite hot, but a Junior? Are you, for the sake of our lady by the grace, okay?” He shouted, looking at him as if he’s crazy. Michael was certainly a womaniser with great social skills, but even then he had some barriers that he set upon himself. On this case, he vowed to himself that he’d never be interested in a girl or a guy outside of his grade, swearing to sacrifice himself to Margaret if he ever does. Besides, he found it disgusting and pedophilic to be romantically interested in one.
“He’s clearly okay, for if he’s not then we’re crazy for talking to illusions.” Semyon responded to that with some doses of twist and sarcasm added, before laughing it off with a charismatic laugh.

“Dude. It’s not as bad as you may make it out to be.” Alex tried to explain, using his words to calm the storm out of his bud. He hoped this will explain the justification behind his plan to confess to Marianne sometime during the season, right before or during a game. He clearly didn't care about the age difference, especially since they have been working with each other for some time in Choirs and Classical Civilisation. “Yes, she’s in Grade 11. But remember that she’s already in 2 of my classes and I’ve known her for like idk….8 years now. Nothing could go wrong, because people knows each other. It’s just the matter of time before I’ll succeed.”

“I don’t know, Alex.” Semyon commented on the matter, looking as confident as he could while trying to look serious. That didn’t work out, as he couldn’t help himself but to succeed. “Michael and I had some success being ladies’ men. You’re not, being a celibataire person for your entire life. I mean you can confess, but don’t expect too much out of it, for it’s your 1st confession since that time with Maddy Steinwick back in Grade 9.”

Now, Alex got little bit worried over whether he’ll succeed or not. Semyon was right: Without recent experience at this department, confessing to her won’t be that successful. He then wondered if he should drop the idea or not, feeling very much like a joke over this. It was then that Michael, feeling bad that his friend is so inexperienced with love that his prospects, unlike hockey, looked extremely awful, decided to add a sentence to end it.

“Remember though, when you need a helping hand, you can always ask for ours. You, the very future QHL star from this town of 1,858 people, can rely on us for advices.” Mike capped the convo off in a dramatic way that ensured his buddy to feel confident of himself once again. Alex, feeling better and encouraged, smiled and said, “Thanks”.

Then they stayed for little bit longer, smoking lots of cigarettes for the night. They talked a little bit more about the latest party at Michael’s place in about 3 weeks, in which everyone from school are invited to. Semyon and Alex agreed to come on both, making the decision on their heartbeat.

Afterwards, they talked more about their future careers and upcoming classes (they had French and Gym together, and shared the same teachers for English, Quebecois History from 1900s and Norwegian), as well as other miscellaneous topics to keep the conversations floating and have the listeners and talkers informed. It lasted just until 11, when they all bid each other goodbye and went back to their places. Having spent 2 hours at the important timeframe of the night, both Alex and Michael had to scramble for whatever the homework they still had on the agenda. So much for chatting when they could’ve gotten the work done!
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005

Postby Gyatso-kai » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:57 am

So I am going to slip into the "Fans in White" theme I tend to adopt every cup. Portray the life of clone trooper fans during the tournament. May shift back to the Sports Broadcasting format, may not, we shall see...

Today's is short... a bit tired from work. Promise I'll make it up with a nice long one for tomorrow.

.:: Avatarian Embassy, Isarendal, Kingdom of Arendalle ::.
1320 hours local time (UTC+12), 03 June 2014.2

The Avatarian Embassy was an impressive building. Recently completed in 2014.1, it encompassed 360,000 square metres of land inside the Kingdom of Arendalle. A friendly neighbour to the North for Gyatso-kai, the size of the embassy was more of a reflection made upon the importance of Arendalle to the Avatarian Republics; the newest formed nation with the Avatar Incarnate Region, the Kingdom was poised to be the outlier in a region filled with nations all following the same religion.

Though, it was rumoured that Waterbenders lived in the far northern reaches of Her Majesty Gunhild...

clank clank clank clank

The sounds of two clone troopers walking down the main corridor of the Embassy echoed greatly in the large atrium, and the civilian personnel who were employed in the embassy simply stepped aside to allow the two men to walk by. In the signature armour of the clone trooper, these two men contrasted so greatly with the surroundings.

"So vod," spoke one trooper, whose shoulder pauldron bore the rank insignia of a Sergeant First Class, "Have to watched any of the World Cup?

The other trooper shrugged his shoulders beneath the armour. "Not especially. I have heard we have not had the best start and as such, not really wanting to watch our guys lose."

With helmets on, their conversation was a secret amongst themselves, and as they continued down the corridor, they eventually came to a large elevator. The signs posted on the elevator read in four languages --- Avatarian, Mando'a, English, and Arendallegian --- clearly stated "Authorised Personnel Only", and the doors remained locked. The Sergeant held out his palm, and a small receiver picked up the signal from the man's handplate which carried his designation, rank, security access codes. With a soft swish the doors to the elevator opened, and both men stepped inside.

"Come now, Teluk," the Sergeant said, now away from the prying ears of civilians and popping the seal of his helmet, "You just drop the defending World Champions because of a rough start?"

"We have other things to focus on,"
Teluk stated, moving his helmet to rest on the top of his thigh plate. His lack of pauldron and a pair of chevrons on his bicep marked him as a Corporal, "Such as the upcoming Royal Commencement for Gunhild's daughter..."

"We are just troopers,"
the Sergeant uttered, "Low ranking troopers who will simply be assigned security. Simplest job possible."

"True..."

"So what was the last game you watched?"
the Sergeant said as the elevator came to a stop. The readout above the door read Seven and as the doors opened, a pair of troopers greeted the two men with a salute. Teluk knew it was simply because of the Sergeant, but he could not help but feel pride.

"Sir!" the two men spoke in perfect unison. For civilians --- or as the troopers called them "mongrels" --- the uniformity of the entire Grand Army of the Republic was off-setting, but to the men in white armour, every single trooper was as unique as the next. Subtle differences in faces, eyebrows, tones of voice, mannerisms, and even the way a man walked could identify one trooper from another.

"At ease," the Sergeant waved them off as the two men fell in-line behind them. "So you two are..."

"CT-55-4567-8, 1st Territorial Army, 148th Armoured Battalion, sir."

"CT-55-6742-1, 2nd Provincial Army, 35th Infantry, sir."

The Sergeant turned and faced the two men, and Taluk just simply smiled. A couple of fingers on his temple became the universal signal of exasperation, and the Sergeant smiled.

"Boys, come now, you have names. Only in front of the mongrels do we have to resort to our designations. This is Taluk, and I am Gehun. Now, sun bonnets off..."

CT-55-6742-1, the younger of the two troopers, was the first to pop the seal on his helmet. His face was just like Gehun's, save it was a decade younger and bore not a single scar.

"I am Tehu," CT-55-6742-1 said shyly before turning to the other trooper. With the same motion, the sound of a helmet seal cracking showed the other trooper was relaxing.

"I am Four-Straight, but everyone tends to call me Straight."

Gehun smiled before tapping each trooper's helmet. "Amongst the mongrels, bonnets up an numbers out, but when amongst vode, take off those helmets and speak like a normal human..."

"Sir, yes sir."
Tehu and Four-Straight were quick to adapt, and soon they were walking a bit more relaxed behind Gehun and Taluk. They four men made a lovely quartet as they continued down the hall towards a large briefing room. Gehun motioned the two men inside, and upon the sight of similar troops in a similar situation, they immediately relaxed as they found other troopers from the same units.

"We will be back to get you two after the briefing," Gehun said as he turned away from the room. Walking in silence, it was a few steps before he realised Taluk was not next to him. Instead, he was standing by the briefing room, looking in with an almost nostalgic look upon his face. "You fir, Taluk?"

"Yesterday..."
Taluk whispered before clearing his throat. "It is just a damn shame Skirata couldn't strike twice or Ishii even manage his century."

Gehun smiled as he motioned away. "Come on Taluk. They should be showing the Korva pre-game in the wardroom and we have at least a few hours to kill while those ge'verd'ike get briefed."
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:00 am

Preview of day 10

The send-off game against Allamunnic States at Sraltlur's National Stadium was sold out three minutes after tickets were sold. The Dragonflice beat Kinzar 0-2 to secure a spot among the final 24 in the Royal Barangay, and tomorrow will be the last opportunity for fans to see the team in action before taking off for Esportiva. The nation on the southern coast of Mardujsha seems to be ready to host the tournament, even though their own national team has not even qualified - but that seems a matter of time. Or at least a win or a draw is enough for the hosts to qualify for their own tournament, provided that third placed Norrehavn does not drop points at all.

So far, we have eleven group winners. The best eight of these will go to the Round of 16 (and it seems like only one team knows it will play there - Neu Engollon) and the other ten (plus the one remaining undecided group winner) will have to hope for the best on the last day. The way it looks right now, 25 points will be necessary to get a bye into the final 16. The remaining four group winners (the winner of undecided group 4, and very likely Gregoryisgodistan/Anditia, Torisakia and an unlucky fourth team) will join all runners-up in the Round of 24.

For the Round of 24, six teams (seven if you count that one undecided group winner) still need to qualify. Group 3 will possibly be the most exciting group: hosts the Royal Barangay directly take on Norrehavn for a place among the final 24. But let's not forget Group 5, where three teams have a chance to reach the tournament: Thatius, on 14 points, seems like it needs a miracle to reach the final stage, but their two rivals (German American States and Cosumar, both on 16 points) take on each other. In case of a draw between these two, Thatius needs a very big win to reach the next stage. In all other cases, the winner of German American States - Cosumar advances. Then, Group 8, where Vaugania plays Jeckland and Aquitayne will face Muriburiland, and there is an identical situation in Group 9, but replace Vaugania and Aquitayne with Falcus and New Wolfopolis and the eliminated opponents with San Jose Guayabal and Electrum. That same situation exists in Group 12, with Nova Anglicana and HopNation taking on Crystal Empire and New South Aqmuland.

And that leaves us with Group 4, which gives us a headache. Nassau-Hessen and Caek of the Wolfen have 16 points. Hicana has 18, and Cassadaigua has 19. The Dagans have the best chance of clinching the group, taking on unranked Zeneabo. Hicana has a fairly good chance of getting the second place, but they play Caek of the Wolfen. Nassau-Hessen plays the remaining team the Mechanical Monasteries.

But now back to Group 1. Ko-oren plays the Allamunnic States at home, which will also be the final game for all players to prove themselves to make the final team. Currently, there are 14 wingers on the team alone, not to mention the centers, defensemen and goalies. Coach Halbasund will take 18 players with him to the Royal Barangay. The fight to qualify may be over, the new fight surely is not.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:04 am

EDITIONS: TOR | ESPAÑOL
Sign In | Register | Image

TSPN Hockey

Ice Birds beat Crystal Empire 3-1, clinch playoffs
by Tom Jakeman
TSPN analysist, Berchem Linx Forward 1983-1998

The Torisakia national hockey team punched a ticket to The Royal Barangay as they defeated Crystal Empire 3-1 today at home. The Ice Birds were coming off a whopping 13-3 win over HopNation and a Cassidy McKenzie injury that will leave her out for the remainder of the tournament. Victor Rivera took her place on the first line and was credited with a goal in todays win, which shot them back into first place in Group 12 with a Nova Anglicana loss and bidding for a high seed in the playoffs.

"[I'm] glad we've gotten back to producing normal scores and normal defense, the win the other day was insane," said Coach Mark Bilbo after the game.

"I'm also glad to see that we clinched a spot in the playoffs, it makes each step to the championship easier."

The Ice Birds showed a defensive game as they made 36 saves and only allowed 13 shots on goal and one goal against Crystal Empire. They also managed to stay away from penalty trouble, with only two minors. Despite losing McKenzie, Torisakia showed no signs of slowing down as Victor Rivera was phenomenal on the ice. Torisakia took an early 1-0 in the first period with a goal by Jason Junkins at 8:29. Minus a few mistakes, the Ice Birds' offense was superb as they had a 86% passing efficiency and 25 out of 36 shots on goal.

Torisakia's second goal came from Victor Rivera, who caught a deflection off the boards right in-front of the Crystal Empire net and followed up with a score to give the Ice Birds a 2-0 lead in the middle of the second period. Near the end of the period, Crystal Empire got their only goal off a mishandle by Torisakia near their own net and Issac Ramos out of place on the play. Torisakia would seal the win in the third period on a goal by Lyndsey Reed to put them up 3-1. Crystal Empire would try and make a comeback, but the Torisakia defense would deny them, and they would go on to end the game with a 3-1 win and improving to 7-0-2 in the tournament.

"Overall, I'm very impressed with how we played out there today, and it will only get better from here," Coach Bilbo said.

The win put the Ice Birds back in first place in Group 12 and a playoff birth to The Royal Barangay. The Ice Birds play their final game of the qualifiers against Flammable American States, who are sitting in last place in the group and eliminated from playoff qualification, whom defeated Torisakia last meeting 3-2. It'll be a good game to watch, as the Ice Birds can avenge their first loss in the tournament to a weak and new team such as Flammable American States.

TSPN.tor: Help | Press | Advertise on TSPN.tor | Sales Media Kit | Internet-Based Ads | Report a Bug | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Parents | Careers
©2014 TSPN Internet Ventures. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information/Your Auerila Privacy Rights are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:10 am

Group 1
Estenia 1–4 Super-Llamaland
Neu Engollon 8–3 Kinzar
Ko-oren 4–0 Allamunnic States

Group 1                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Neu Engollon 10 10 0 0 46 10 +36 30
2 Ko-oren 10 7 1 2 26 8 +18 22

3 Super-Llamaland 10 4 2 4 22 22 0 14
4 Allamunnic States 10 3 2 5 20 21 −1 11
5 Kinzar 10 3 1 6 17 29 −12 10
6 Estenia 10 0 0 10 6 47 −41 0

Group 2
Mochria 2–2 Yttribia
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6–2 Polar Islandstates
Vilita & Turori 2–5 Terre des Gaules

Group 2                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 10 8 1 1 46 22 +24 25
2 Vilita & Turori 10 6 1 3 53 28 +25 19

3 Yttribia 10 5 1 4 35 33 +2 16
4 Polar Islandstates 10 4 0 6 31 44 −13 12
5 Terre des Gaules 10 3 1 6 31 41 −10 10
6 Mochria 10 1 2 7 24 52 −28 5

Group 3
Kolmya 1–1 Vettrera
The Royal Barangay 3–5 Norrehavn
Sicoutimont 1–0 Nouvel Ecosse

Group 3                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Sicoutimont 10 8 1 1 40 18 +22 25
2 Norrehavn 10 6 1 3 31 29 +2 19

3 The Royal Barangay 10 6 0 4 33 22 +11 18
4 Vettrera 10 2 3 5 23 27 −4 9
5 Kolmya 10 2 2 6 23 37 −14 8
6 Nouvel Ecosse 10 1 3 6 16 33 −17 6

Group 4
The Mechanical Monasteries 1–3 Nassau-Hessen
Hicana 6–2 Caek of the Wolfen
Cassadaigua 5–0 Zeneabo

Group 4                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Cassadaigua 10 7 1 2 38 26 +12 22
2 Hicana 10 7 0 3 41 27 +14 21

3 Nassau-Hessen 10 6 1 3 38 19 +19 19
4 Caek of the Wolfen 10 5 1 4 36 32 +4 16
5 The Mechanical Monasteries 10 2 0 8 25 44 −19 6
6 Zeneabo 10 1 1 8 20 50 −30 4

Group 5
Darvale 3–4 Thatius
Cosumar 3–4 German American States
Northern Sunrise Islands 8–0 Stimpsk

Group 5                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 10 8 1 1 49 17 +32 25
2 German American States 10 6 1 3 28 22 +6 19

3 Thatius 10 5 2 3 40 38 +2 17
4 Cosumar 10 5 1 4 41 33 +8 16
5 Darvale 10 1 2 7 20 38 −18 5
6 Stimpsk 10 1 1 8 18 48 −30 4

Group 6
Pritchardia 0–0 Transalpine Republic
The Fair Republic 7–2 Patistan
Equestrian States 3–0 Mizuyuki

Group 6                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Equestrian States 10 8 1 1 38 15 +23 25
2 The Fair Republic 10 8 0 2 55 26 +29 24

3 Transalpine Republic 10 6 1 3 29 21 +8 19
4 Patistan 10 4 1 5 27 37 −10 13
5 Pritchardia 10 1 1 8 18 36 −18 4
6 Mizuyuki 10 1 0 9 14 46 −32 3

Group 7
Borschlandia 4–4 Arkiasis
Quakmybush 5–0 Semarland
Gyatso-kai 7–5 Korva

Group 7                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Arkiasis 10 7 2 1 39 24 +15 23
2 Gyatso-kai 10 7 1 2 30 24 +6 22

3 Borschlandia 10 5 2 3 33 24 +9 17
4 Quakmybush 10 3 2 5 30 28 +2 11
5 Korva 10 1 3 6 25 41 −16 6
6 Semarland 10 1 2 7 20 36 −16 5

Group 8
Muriburiland 1–4 Aquitayne
Vaugania 7–3 Jeckland
Estope 4–2 SJT

Group 8                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Estope 10 8 2 0 44 22 +22 26
2 Vaugania 10 7 1 2 49 31 +18 22

3 Aquitayne 10 7 0 3 39 25 +14 21
4 Jeckland 10 4 1 5 38 36 +2 13
5 SJT 10 2 0 8 23 45 −22 6
6 Muriburiland 10 0 0 10 15 49 −34 0

Group 9
Zenic 2–4 New North Aqmuland
Saintland 6–1 The United Regions
Havl 5–3 Jecatria

Group 9                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Havl 10 8 2 0 54 28 +26 26
2 Saintland 10 7 1 2 39 27 +12 22

3 New North Aqmuland 10 6 0 4 37 37 0 18
4 The United Regions 10 4 0 6 39 36 +3 12
5 Zenic 10 3 0 7 18 33 −15 9
6 Jecatria 10 0 1 9 15 41 −26 1

Group 10
Electrum 6–3 New Wolfopolis
Falcus 7–0 San Jose Guayabal
Valanora 7–1 Ri'en

Group 10                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Valanora 10 8 1 1 51 30 +21 25
2 Falcus 10 7 1 2 41 21 +20 22

3 New Wolfopolis 10 5 2 3 30 28 +2 17
4 San Jose Guayabal 10 3 1 6 27 33 −6 10
5 Electrum 10 3 0 7 29 37 −8 9
6 Ri'en 10 1 1 8 14 43 −29 4

Group 11
Esparmuran 3–2 Anditia
Darmen 6–4 Britonisea
Gregoryisgodistan 2–0 The Kytler Peninsulae

Group 11                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Gregoryisgodistan 10 7 2 1 21 10 +11 23
2 Anditia 10 6 1 3 33 25 +8 19

3 Esparmuran 10 5 2 3 24 27 −3 17
4 Darmen 10 5 0 5 38 22 +16 15
5 The Kytler Peninsulae 10 3 1 6 8 24 −16 10
6 Britonisea 10 1 0 9 14 30 −16 3

Group 12
New South Aqmuland 0–2 HopNation
Nova Anglicana 10–0 Crystal Empire
Torisakia 2–0 Flammable American States

Group 12                       Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Torisakia 10 8 0 2 49 30 +19 24
2 Nova Anglicana 10 7 0 3 44 17 +27 21

3 HopNation 10 6 1 3 35 30 +5 19
4 Crystal Empire 10 3 1 6 21 32 −11 10
5 New South Aqmuland 10 2 1 7 20 40 −20 7
6 Flammable American States 10 2 1 7 16 36 −20 7

Playoff Seedings

1.  Neu Engollon                    10   10   0   0    46   10  +36    30
2. Havl 10 8 2 0 54 28 +26 26
3. Estope 10 8 2 0 44 22 +22 26
4. Northern Sunrise Islands 10 8 1 1 49 17 +32 25
5. Royal Kingdom of Quebec 10 8 1 1 46 22 +24 25
6. Equestrian States 10 8 1 1 38 15 +23 25
7. Sicoutimont 10 8 1 1 40 18 +22 25
8. Valanora 10 8 1 1 51 30 +21 25
9. Torisakia 10 8 0 2 49 30 +19 24
10. Arkiasis 10 7 2 1 39 24 +15 23
11. Gregoryisgodistan 10 7 2 1 21 10 +11 23
12. Cassadaigua 10 7 1 2 38 26 +12 22
13. The Fair Republic 10 8 0 2 55 26 +29 24
14. Falcus 10 7 1 2 41 21 +20 22
15. Ko-oren 10 7 1 2 26 8 +18 22*
16. Vaugania 10 7 1 2 49 31 +18 22*
17. Saintland 10 7 1 2 39 27 +12 22
18. Gyatso-kai 10 7 1 2 30 24 +6 22
19. Nova Anglicana 10 7 0 3 44 17 +27 21
20. Hicana 10 7 0 3 41 27 +14 21
21. Vilita & Turori 10 6 1 3 53 28 +25 19
22. Anditia 10 6 1 3 33 25 +8 19
23. German American States 10 6 1 3 28 22 +6 19
24. Norrehavn 10 6 1 3 31 29 +2 19

* - toin coss (Ko-oren wins)

Round of 24 Matchups
(Best-of-three, with shootouts)

Torisakia vs Norrehavn
(at Arena Nacional, Sangti)

Arkiasis vs German American States
(at Arena Mogya, Mogya)

Gregoryisgodistan vs Anditia
(at Arinespa, Nespa)

Cassadaigua vs Vilita and Turori
(at Parc Leonde, Leonde)

The Fair Republic vs Hicana
(at Wanko-Dromo, Nocoru)

Falcus vs Nova Anglicana
(at RHB Cintore Stadium, Cintore)

Ko-oren vs Gyatso-kai
(at Carrubonietarena, Gueti)

Vaugania vs Saintland
(at Lorenz de Baoyam Arena, Baoyam)
Last edited by Sangti on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Hicana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hicana » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Chaos in Hicaña: Fliers fall, Tree Death invades, Pacts Signed

Note: This takes place two months after the last RP. This war's time scale is slightly messed up.

Hicaña has devolved into utter, absolute chaos. For the first time since 1954, all of the islands are at war.

It all began on August 5, 2005. West Hicaña rose their flag above their new capital, Raymond, where all of their civilians resided. Most of the nation was protecting the delicate outer fringes of the Republic.

At 3:45 PM, intense artillery fire began as the patrolling army was caught off guard by Hicañan troops on the far west of West Hicaña. After a brief massacre, the belligerents began to regroup, falling back three miles before managing to unleash a coherent counterattack to the Hicaña advance. General Luca Mendel, commander of the West Hicaña forces, called for reinforcements, while General Harrison Marquette, banished first to the lonely islands off the coast of Carson's Valley and then desolate flank of West Hicaña after trying to coup current president William Kershaw, continued to advance with his 4,000 men, nearly two-thirds of West Hicaña's population.

Reinforcements arrived for Mendel's 200 remaining men around eight o'clock, quadrupling his numbers but leaving the south vulnerable. In response, Marquette shifted to fire on the rebels' right flank, devastating them before falling back. Marquette then lead the belligerents farther and farther back in mock retreat, putting nearly half a mile between them and the rebels before concealing themselves in the forest and waiting the poorly-equipped rebels out for a nighttime duel.

Sure enough, in the exact clearing Marquette had hidden his men, the remaining 100 of Mendel's men camped at around 11:45, the rest having gone back to protect their sides with victory imminent. At 12:05, Marquette relayed the order to fire.

It was carnage. Marquette's two hundred score collapsed inward on the smaller camp. Men fanned out and shot West Hicaña's men dead in their tents. Mendel lead a handful of men back into the forest to shoot at the invaders from cover but was quickly discovered and shot. Nearly three-fourths of the camp died within two hours. Marquette, brutally leaving them there, lead his army back, where he drove into the west flank with no opposition, going around to hit the southern armies from behind. The southwest retreated to the southeast, where they grouped with other reinforcements, about 600 in all, to make their final stand around Raymond. They massed behind the hill it was built on, where a spy disappeared from their camp and alerted Marquette, who then went around the hill and destroyed any opposition he could find, including the entire, unprotected town. It was nine o'clock in the morning of the next day. Marquette camped his men a few miles away.

However, West Hicaña never surrendered, although they had lost 90% of their army. The General left Captain Nicholas Trenton in charge with orders only to accept unconditional surrender, which came on August 11.

On August 11, twenty minutes later, President Kershaw was assassinated and Marquette took power, abolishing all worship of Greg.

Ten minutes after that, Tree Death set foot on the coast of Miklandia. They lay siege to Ciudad de Arturo, fighting off multiple attempts at ambush, and blockaded it completely by the end of the month. Miklandia converged 3,000 men and fought them to regain control, losing miserably to the brilliant tactics of Commanding Officer Reginald de los Metones.

With Miklandia in struggle, their ally Sola declared war on Tree Death on September 15. The anti-Miklandia and desperate-for-land Hicaña, beginning to recover from their Greg-worshipping, genocidal regime, allied with Tree Death on September 24, Harrison Marquette recognizing an opportunity to regain power of their seceded territories. Nacañerá declared official neutrality on October 6, while Hasilliá, not wanting to risk invasion by Miklandia or Tree Death, joined Hicaña's side on October 13.

The stage was set for the greatest war the islands would ever suffer.

THE HOLY SOVEREIGN STATE OF HICAÑA
President: Antonio Sandoval
Population: 650,000 (plus 550,000 in Nevo Esperanso)
Area: Something around the size of Tirana (plus a Bangladesh in Nevo Esperanso)

We're going through another phase right now. REMOVE INFIDEL!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports