NATION

PASSWORD

RATC Results/RP

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

RATC Results/RP

Postby Rohane Alista » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Rohane Alista Sports News- on location!

Gabe Ruiz- "Hello folks, I'm Gabe, and this is Morgan, and we're on location at Calihain's Erendar International, awaiting the arrival of the competitors in the first annual Rohane Alista Triathlon Circuit!"

Morgan Faraday- "Yes, folks, we expect the first competitors to arrive momentarily! We'll try to get them rounded up for interviews, but we're afraid we can only guarantee an interview with Kristen and Alder. The RATC Directors are trying to move along all the athletes extra quick so they can go get rest. They even bumped back the starting day to tomorrow, sadly, so that athletes can have a chance to settle down and get used to the time difference. Some are charging they only did that to extend the time of the competition and increase revenue though."

GR- "The accusations don't really have any evidence, but they're still awfully loud! Oh, Morgan, I've just gotten word that the official groups for the first stage of the Olympic events are being announced! We'll be showing it on screen for all of you watching from home, so please wait a second!"

Official Groups- Olympics Distance Round One
Group A
Alder Yurov- Rohane Alista
Saten Ruiko- Mizuyuki
Bobobobobo Bobobobo- Bobobobobo Bobobobo
David Seymour- Darvale
One-Arm Willy- Timbermunich
Zach Ivans- Ceni

Group B
Carson Star- Star United States
Mar Kodar- Ceni
Jordon Joakim- Wreptzle
Paul Garrison- Darvale
Bronsje Oskejolia- Cornupication
Aalekzander Cole- Pink Floyd Fans

Group C
Eydís Vendela- Wreptzle
Kristen Roedder- Rohane Alista
Kristfore C'urz- Star United States
Warren VonHopton- HopNation
Hvoalinx Idnoralkis- Cornupication
Jaymz Reier- Pink Floyd Fans

Group D
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf- HopNation
Calvin Dahl- Darvale
Alex Sampson- Schottia
Nathan Katzir- Robots
Guy Majifi- Britonisea

Group E
Helder Statham- Rohane Alista
Tyr Gaejac- Ceni
Terada Ran- Mizuyuki
Ayston Pase- Star Unites States
Öle Nordin- Schottia

Group F
Ogiue Haruko- Mizuyuki
Johnson Rodgers- Britonisea
Urban Caradog- Wreptzle
Jörg Ulrich Halle- HopNation
Battle-Axe Bill- Timbermunich

MF- "Now, the big talking points of the group announcements are in Group A and Group D! Group A sees Saten Ruiko and Alder Yurov meet yet again, while Group D includes two racers from the same nation!"

GR- "Since only the top two competitors of each group progress, though it increases to three in those groups with six competitors, since it has six competitors, it's going to be quite tough on Schottia to progress their whole team, while we could see Ruiko or Alder knock each other out near the beginning! Since both of those competitors are held to be near the top of the favorites list to win the Olympics event, that group should be filled with fire works! Morgan, would you care to explain the scoring?"

MF- "Of course not Gabe. So, for getting first place in a race in your group, you get five points, then four for second, three for third, and so on down to last, which gets no points at all! Coming last even once can completely ruin any chance of getting through the group stage, which means that over the next four days, everyone has to race their absolute hardest!"

GR- "Not that they wouldn't anyways, of course. Oh, athletes are coming by. We'll return shortly with interviews with any of them we can snag!"
Last edited by Rohane Alista on Fri May 02, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

HopNation
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Thu May 01, 2014 6:19 am

HopNation Triathlete Info
Triathletes:	Name			Age	Rank  [NTA Plc]
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf (24) 0.907 [1st]
Jörg Ulrich Halle (19) 0.627 [6th]
Warren VonHopton (34) 0.847 [2nd]
Tri-Suites

Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
Arnold is becoming one of the greatest triathlete to come out of HopNation. Arnold excels at the shorter distances and he is hoping to improve at the longer distances after a strong performance at the Tri-Hop I. His swimming has improved greatly since his very first competition but is still the area where he has trouble. If we had to choose a best attribute for Arnold it would have to be his cycling ability, he really knows how to ride so we'll look for him to make up anything lost in the swim on the bike. Arnold will be competing in the Olympic Distance and the Ironman.

Jörg Ulrich Halle
Halle is an up can comer who finished well in his last event. He really is an all around triathlete as he doesn't have an area that we consider his best, though he prefers the shorter distances. If we had to pick a best discipline for him it would be his running, which is where he caught many athletes that were ahead of him after both the swimming and cycling stages. He should excel in any of the stages this time as he has been developing his training to cover longer distances, he is entered in both distances for this event. Expect him to finish near the top of his group.

Warren VonHopton
The veteran, the rock to this team. VonHopton is an excellent triathlete and has proven his age is no match for others he competes with. With his most recent endeavor ending with him standing at the top of the podium (Ironman Distance) he is expected to do well here too. The one thing that gets VonHopton in trouble sometimes is his swimming, something he has been working on but it is still his worst discipline. On the other hand his cycling and running are both top notch. He had the fastest cycling/running split in the final stage of the tournament he finished first in so look for him to try and repeat that performance here as well. He is entered in all of the distances and we fully expect him to place in the top end of his groups and possibly the finals of each distance.

RP Info
If you choose to use my athletes in any RP have at it, just don't injure or kill them.
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Day One Olympic distance Results

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri May 02, 2014 10:20 am

1. Alder Yurov
2. Saten Ruiko
3. David Seymour
4. Bobobobobo
5. One-Arm Willy

1. Jordan Joakim
2. Carson Star
3. Bronsje Oskejolia
4. Paul Garrison
5. Aalekzander Cole
6. Mar Kodar

1. Kristen Roedder
2. Warren VonHopton
3. Eydis Vendela
4. Jaymz Reier
5. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis
6. Kristfore C'urz

1. Guy Majifi
2. Nathan Katzir
3. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
4. Alex Sampson
5. Calvin Dahl

1. Terada Ran
2. Ayston Pase
3. Ole Nordin
4. Helder Statham
5. Tyr Gaejac

1. Jorg Ulrich Halle
2. Urban Caradog
3. Johnson Rodgers
4. Ogiue Haruko
5. Battle Axe Bill

Final results of day one of the Olympic Distance RATC.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 am

Rohane Alista Sports Network

"Hello folks, this is your host for the early athletics news, Hall Walker! No, I won't be walking in the halls today, sorry folks. But you can take solace in the fact that the opening matches of the Rohane Alista Triathlon Circuit have taken place, and they had no shortage of entertainment! It was a good opening day for Rohanian athletes, as Alder Yurov and Ruiko Saten battled it out in Group A. The group started fairly even, but by the end of the run it was clear that Saten and Alder were pulling ahead of everyone else. Down in the bike section, they took of on the downhill, zooming past spectators at incredibly high speeds, easily losing the rest of the racers, until it was just them nearing the finish line. Alder crossed first with a last minute burst of power, but still only managed to win the day by a mere ten seconds to get himself off to a great start.

In Group B we had a shocking opening day upset as Jordan Joakim, a total from Wreptzle, finished on top of his group by almost a full two minutes. Carson star, who was predicted to easily sweep the group, came up in second place. Moving on to Group C, we had another nail biter for a Rohanian athlete as Kristen Roedder fended off both Warren VonHopton and Eydis Vendela. Kristen finished a mere six seconds faster than VonHopton, and fifteen seconds faster than Vendela to take a potentially crucial first day win from Group C that could see her through to the next stage of competition.

We skip now to Group E, which featured the last Rohanian athlete in the competition, Helder Statham. Compared to Alder and Kristen his performance was somewhat lackluster as he finished a disappointing 4th. However, his opponents went out and raced hard, especially Mizuyuki's Terada Ran, who finished nearly a minute in front of the next closest competitor. All in all, it was a great kick off to the event, and if the rest of the races are like todays, this promises to be one of the most interesting competitions held in Rohane Alista in a very long time. When we come back we'll go more into depth on each group and racer, but first our Athlete of the day is... Jordan Joakim from Wreptzle, for his amazingly dominant shocker win!"

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Fri May 02, 2014 11:25 am

HopNation in the Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit

Greatings Hoptonians and welcome to our review of the Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit, which got underway not to long ago. We have three triathletes competing in the events: Warren VonHopton, Jörg Ulrich Halle, and Arnold Erdmann Stumpf. The three are coming off of some decent performances in our very own Tri-Hop and look to continue where they left off.

On this first day of competition we saw VonHopton get edged out by a mere six seconds and come in second place to Kristen Roedder. VonHopton and Roedder held the lead of their group for the entirety of race, VonHopton lead after the swim while Roedder passed and stayed ahead of him on the bike section through the running section. VonHopton was pleased with his performance when we spoke to him saying, “It was a good race, I felt good, and everything seemed to work out, well other than the finish as I just couldn’t catch Kristen. Perhaps I’ll do better in the next round.”. We hope you do better too Mr. VonHopton, and good luck the rest of the time.

Next we had Arnold Erdmann Stumpf, who with is Tri-Hop performance is considered one of the best triathletes at the Rohan Alista Traithlon Circuit, but Stumpf had some trouble with his bike and ended up in third place on day one. “F’ I had a flat half way through the ride and they had the service car trailing me since I was so far ahead. That cost me a lot of time today, I’ll do better on the next one.” Stumpf said when we talked with him. It was unfortunate that he had trouble and after that flat he was able to make up some time but not enough to pass group leader Majifi.

Our last triathlete competing performed very well. Halle was trailing coming out of the water and was in third position of a tight group. He gained some ground on the cycling section and was in second at the transition. Then the running section was just awesome as he pulled away from the rest of the field and finished first in Group F. “I felt great out there, just wish I could have swam a bit better, eh theres always tomorrow.” Halle said after the race. If you ask me he didn’t look that bad in the water, but he looked best on the run again.

We want to wish all of our triathletes the best of luck going forward in this circuit. Until next time Brew On, Brew Well Hoptonians!

Yours,
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Fri May 02, 2014 11:45 am

Timbermunich
Triathlon Results

Our Jacks are competing for the first time in a swimming, cycling, and running event. As you may know, probably not though, they like to stick to more contact sports to test their great strength. But One-Arm Willy and Battle Axe Bill decided to test their endurance this time around. I’m not so certain that it was a good idea but nonetheless they are going it.

One-Arm Willy, who lost his arm when a tree fell on him, is in Group A with four other athletes. Here’s a look at them, they are in order of finish too.
1.	Alder Yurov
2. Saten Ruiko
3. David Seymour
4. Bobobobobo
5. One-Arm Willy

This seems to be a good group and they all left One-Arm Willy in the dust after he did an okay job staying with everyone on the swim and cycling portion. Heck, us Timbernunichians aren’t well known for our endurance after all. He did a good job of staying on his bike as he’s only got one arm after all and he swam straight something I didn’t think he could do. He will just need to get some more run practice in or what ever runners do to get better at that.

Then we have Battle Axe Bill, who was told to leave his axe in the so called staging area. What is that all about? Battle Axe Bill goes everywhere with his axe it’s never left anywhere, it’s almost like it’s part of his body at this point. Battle Axe Bill is in Group F and seems to have the overall best Triathlete in his group or so some nation, HopNation, claims he’s the best. Here are Battle Axe Bills group mates also in order of finishing place.
1.	Jorg Ulrich Halle
2. Urban Caradog
3. Johnson Rogers
4. Ogiue Haruko
5. Battle Axe Bill

Battle Axe Bill actually crashed on his bike, he’s okay since Jacks can’t be harmed in any manner, bonus right. Well the crash took him out of all hope in doing well on day one as he fell way behind at that point. He ran well though so maybe he can give some advise to One-Arm Willy on the running portion.

The two will be back in action soon and hopefully they won’t be last, but it sounds like they are having fun anyway as they have had a good chance to hang out with some of the other triathletes before and after the race, heck maybe they will even get some advise from the other competitors if they are nice enough to help these noobs out. Noobs at running and biking and swimming, I mean they are both well into their 100s so calling them that isn’t right. Plus they are Jacks and once they get back they’ll go back to protecting the Grove anyway. This is their fun time and we hope they enjoy it.

Peace I’m out!
Robert the Ripper
Fellow Jack covering my fellow Jacks events, now where is my axe…
Hosting: TWT
puppet of HopNation
don't look at me, I have no idea what's going on

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Sat May 03, 2014 10:08 am

Day Two Results

1. Saten Ruiko
2. Alder Yurov
3. Zach Ivans
4. David Seymour
5. One-Arm Willy
6. Bobobobobo Bobobobo

1. Jordon Joakim
2. Bronsje Oskejolia
3. Carson Star
4. Paul Garrison
5. Aalekzander Cole
6. Mar Kodar

1. Kristen Roedder
2. Warren VonHopton
3. Kristfore C'urz
4. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis
5. Jaymz Reier
6. Eydis Vendela

1. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
2. Alex Sampson
3. Calvin Dahl
4. Guy Majifi- DNF
5. Nathan Katzir- DNF

1. Ole Nordin
2. Ayston Pace
3. Helder Statham
4. Terada Ran
5. Tyr Gaejac

1. Jorg Ulrich Halle
2. Johnson Rodgers
3. Urban Caradog
4. Ogiue Haruko
5. Battle Axe Bill

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Sun May 04, 2014 2:33 pm

(OOC: Results won't be posted today, I'm swamped with finals. I've barely found the time to post this.)

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon May 05, 2014 7:56 am

Greatings Hoptonians and welcome to our review of the Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit, Day two is on the charts and we had some good results from our three Triathletes.

Stumpf improved to first place and looked to be on top of his game. He had no trouble with his bike on day two which you could really tell cost him a lot in that first race. He saw a good swim keep him in a striking position of the other athletes. Then on the bike he gained some ground and was in second position at the bike/run transition. It was about halfway through the run when he took the lead from Alex Sampson and kept it for the remainder of the race. We’ll look for him to continue doing well and hopefully finish at the top of his group again.

Halle continued his form into race two and once again finished top of his group, separating himself again and making the race look easy. The swim once again saw Halle trailing a few competitors, but he was much closer today. He was able to pass the two people in front of him on his bike and he never looked back. He gained even more space on the run and easily took the top spot. Look for Halle to easily make it to the next round.

Then we have VonHopton, he again raced well but was edged out by Kristen Roedder who seems to be performing at her best. VonHopton had his best swim ever and was leading coming out of the water. Then he and Roedder separated them selves from the pack on their bikes, with VonHopton leading going into the running section. Roedder simply had more endurance than VonHopton and over took him quarter way through the run and left VonHopton playing catch up for the remainder of the race.

Hopefully all three can continue to perform well and advance to the next round. Until then, Brew On, Brew Well Hoptonians!

Yours,
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Mon May 05, 2014 8:05 am

Timbermunich
Triathlon Results

Greetings! Now lets take a look at our Jacks and see how they are doing in this Triathlon thing, shall we? Remember our Jacks are known more for their physical strength competitions and they are just learning what endurance is.

First we’ve got One-Arm Willy, who came in last in the first race. He did okay again, swimming and riding his bike with the rest of the group. He was actually in third place after getting off his bike, but he had to have a little rest during what they call the transition. So One-Arm Willy sat and eat a couple granola bars and had a little more water as he drank all he had on his bike during that section. Then he started out on the run, which he was passed by the rest of the athletes at that point. He would run well and ended up passing on competitor to take the fifth position. Good job One-Arm Willy.

Then we have Battle Axe Bill and despite being told he could not take his axe with him he found a way to attach it to his bike and no one noticed. Swimming took it’s toll on Battle Axe Bill and he was far behind everyone at that point. He tried to make up ground on the bike, but that axe he attached actually seemed to hinder his ability to peddle and he was even further behind when they got to the running section. Ditching his bike and leaving his axe he ran well, but was to far behind to make a difference. He again finished last in his group.

These guys are doing pretty well considering they have never competed in anything like this before. Keep it up Jacks, keep it up.

Peace I’m out!
Robert the Ripper
puppet of HopNation

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon May 05, 2014 11:27 am

Day Three Results

1. Saten Ruiko
2. Alder Yurov
3. Zach Ivans
4. David Seymour
5. One-Arm Willy
6. Bobobobobo Bobobobo

1. Jordon Joakim
2. Mar Kodar
3. Carson Star
4. Bronsje Oskejolia
5. Paul Garrison
6. Aalekzander Cole

1. Warren VonHopton
2. Kristen Roedder
3. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis
4. Jaymz Reier
5. Kristfore C'urz
6. Eydis Vendela

1. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
2. Calvin Dahl
3. Nathan Katzir
4. Alex Sampson
5. Guy Majifi

1. Ole Nordin
2. Helder Statham
3. Ayston Pace
4. Terada Ran
5. Tyr Gaejac

1. Ogiue Haruko
2. Battle Axe Bill
3. Jorg Ulrich Halle
4. Johnson Rodgers
5. Urban Caradog

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue May 06, 2014 7:32 am

Greatings Hoptonians and welcome to our review of the Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit, the third day of competition has come and gone. Lets see how our three triathletes are doing.

First lets look at Warren VonHopton; he had two runner up finishes leading into today’s event. This time he managed to out pace Kristen Roedder and finish at the top of the group. The two were easily in the lead coming out of the water as the rest of the group seemed to have some troubles getting out of their wet suits. VonHopton took the lead on the bike, but would be passed midway through the ride. Roedder pushed hard as the two were very close going into the transition just before the run stage. She pulled away a bit at the start of the run but VonHopton would come back and pass her with only 100 meters left. Even with this win VonHopton is behind Roedder on points and if VonHopton can win again on the final day they should be locked in a tie for first place in Group C. Here’s a look at the standings for this group, which Roedder and VonHopton have locked in their advancement, who will join them?

Plc	Name			Points
1. Kristen Roedder 14
2. Warren VonHopton 12
3. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis 6
4. Jaymz Reier 5
5. Kristfore C'urz 4
6. Eydis Vendela 3

Next we take a look at Group D, Arnald Erdmann Stumpf’s group. Stumpf once again showed his racing ability and took first place for the second time. He swam well, he biked well, and he ran well. Calvin Dahl also had a good race and stayed with Stumpf for the entire race. The two stayed in that 1 2 order from start to finish as Stumpf exited each stage in front of Dahl. It appeared that Dahl was just trying to secure the second spot and with each transition Stumpf pulled away a little bit. By the time the race was over Stumpf was more than a mile ahead of Dahl, but Dahl was nearly the same distance ahead of the next closest contender. If Stumpf crashes and receives zero points on the final day he should still qualify.

Plc	Name				Points
1. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf 13
2. Calvin Dahl 8
Alex Sampson 8
4. Nathan Katzir 7
5. Guy Majifi 5

Finally we take a look at Jörg Ulrich Halle and his group. Today Halle had a bit of trouble in the water and was in last place heading into the transition. He then had a problem with his helmet, which he tried to leave the transition area with it still on his handlebars. Which he was assessed a penalty for. He did ride well after the penalty was served and made up much of the distance, even passing Caradog. He then made up more time and distance on the run passing Rodgers and nearly Battle Axe Bill, which Halle said he was a little scared to try and pass the axe guy in fear of being cut. So lets see how this group is doing.

Plc	Name			Points
1. Jorg Ulrich Halle 13
2. Ogiue Haruko 9
Johnson Rodgers 9
4. Urban Caradog 7
5. Battle Axe Bill 4

So there you have it, we head into one final day of competition for the Olympic Distance and only three triathletes seem to have locked in their spots for the next round. Until next time Brew On, Brew Well Hoptonians!

Yours,
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer

OOC: Sorry if the points are off from what the actual points are as I used the following based on the point break down in the OP.

Groups of 6: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0
Groups of 5: 5, 4, 3, 2, 0

I also gave anyone with a DNF zero points for that day.

World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 am

Timbermunich
Triathlon Results

Cheers All!

Another day of covering some triathlon event coming your way here. Again we have two Jacks in this Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit and those Jacks are doing their best. Battle Axe Bill seems to have done something right on this third day of action, perhaps his axe had something to do with it as once again he mounted it to his bike and then took it on the run section with him. We are surprised that this was allowed but eh we’ll take it. Battle Axe Bill took a nice second place finish on this fine day. He swam with the best of them and then rode his bike well. The run however wasn’t the best as he lost a lot of ground to those competitors behind him. He did fend off some guy from HopNation to keep the second place spot. Then we have One-Arm Willy who still seems to struggle at this type of event. He swam okay, but for some reason he couldn’t go straight today as he kept veering to the left a bit. He biked well and stayed with the pack for most of that section, then the run came up and well lets just say One-Arm Willy was one tired willy at that point. These two have done a fine job so far being that it’s their first events of this kind, but if they ever want to be taken seriously Battle Axe Bill will need to lose the axe and both will need to form of endurance training, or so I’ve been told.

Keep up the good work Jacks and hope you do well in this final group stage.

Peace I’m out!
Robert the Ripper
puppet of HopNation

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Tue May 06, 2014 11:45 am

Day Four Results

1. Alder Yurov
2. Saten Ruiko
3. Zach Ivans
4. David Seymour
5. One-Arm Willy
6. Bobobobobo Bobobobo

1. Carson Star
2. Bronsje Oskejolia
3. Jordon Joakim
4. Mar Kodar
5. Aalekzander Cole
6. Paul Garrison

1. Kristen Roedder
2. Warren VonHopton
3. Eydis Vendela
4. Kristfore C'urz
5. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis
6. Jaymz Reier

1. Arnold Erdmann Stumpf
2. Nathan Catzir
3. Guy Majifi
4. Calvin Dahl
5. Alex Sampson

1. Terada Ran
2. Ole Nordin
3. Ayston Pace
4. Tyr Gaejac
5. Helder Statham

1. Johnson Rodgers
2. Jorg Ulrich Halle
3. Urban Caradog
4. Ogiue Haruko
5. Battle Axe Bill

Final results and round 2 match ups will be announced later!
Last edited by Rohane Alista on Wed May 07, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Wed May 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Rohane Alista Sports News

"Hello folks, this is your host for the announcement of round two matchups, Gabe Ruiz! First, the official points tally has been done, and the athletes moving on announced, with only one tie breaker match being held. From Group A, with eighteen points, Alder Yurov and Saten Ruiko, and with twelve points, Zach Ivans! This group was pretty much a forgone conclusion, and in fact the expected winners are the three moving on. Next, from Group B, Jordon Joakim, with eighteen points and a surprising three first place finishes upsets the odds by taking first in group, followed by Carson Star with 15 points, and then Bjorke- er, no, sorry, Bronsje Oskejolia with 13 points. In Group C we have the overall points leader, Kristen Roedder, with 19 points and a surprising first place over Warren VonHopton, who came in second with 17 points. Third place in the group was a tough battle, with all four remaining competitors coming within two points of each other, but in the end the last qualifier from a group of six was Hvoalinx Idnoralkis with a hard won seven points! In Group D we only had two moving on, as Arnold Stumpf ran away with it, getting 18 points, an amazing seven more than Nathan Katzir, the second closest competitor. In Group E, Ole Nordin won qualification with 17 points, but the other spot had to have a tie breaker between Terada Ran and Ayston Pace. Ayston won that match by a mere second with a near photo finish, and picked up the bonus point to move on. In the last group, Group F, Jorg Ulriche Halle moved on after getting 17 points, making HopNation the only entrant to have all three competitors qualify for the next round. Johnson Rodgers of Britonisea came in just short of his point total with 14 earned, and managed to lock himself up a place in the first elimination round. The matchups will be announced short- oh, here they come!"

An image pops up on screen with the matchups...

First Elimination Stage Matchups
Alder Yurov vs. Carson Star
Johnson Rodgers vs. Nathan Katzir
Bronsje Oskejolia vs. Kristen Roedder
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf vs. Warren VonHopton
Zach Ivans vs. Jorg Ulriche Halle
Jordon Joakim vs. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis
Ole Nordin vs. Saten Ruiko
Bye: Ayston Pase

"There you have it folks! After the draw we have some interesting matchups- HopNation versus HopNation, the shocker Jordon Joakim in a tossup against Hvoalinx Idnoralkis, Rodgers vs. Katzir to keep their countries hopes alive... it looks to be a good round! We'll know for sure tomorrow!"

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Thu May 08, 2014 6:43 am

Well, HopNation was the only nation to send all of it’s triathletes onto the next stage of this Rohan Alista Triathlon Circuit. This is great news, but due to the head to head pairings in the playoff format we’ve got two of our own matched up with each other. This means one of them will be knocked out right away.

As for our triathletes and what we can expect from them going forward. We can expect them to swim, bike, and run as hard as they can. None of them wants to be done just yet, they each want the title and will do almost anything to make it past each knockout they are placed into. Stumpf will face VonHopton and Halle takes on Ivans. The way I look at it, we’ll see Stumpf and Halle moving on, while VonHopton gets his earliest exit in any event he’s entered.

All three have performed well and we are proud as a Nation that they keep making it into the next stages of events, but we really would like one of them to hoist or stand atop that final podium. Good luck to all that have made it this far. Until next time Brew On, Brew Well Hoptonians!

Yours,
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Thu May 08, 2014 6:48 am

Timbermunich
Triathlon Results

Howdie folks! Ripper coming to you one last time before the next event gets underway in Rohane Alista. One-Arm Willy and Battle Axe Bill performed well, but couldn’t do much better than they had the entire time here so far. It looks like One-Arm Willy did some good things and didn’t finish last in his group, but I’m not sure about Battle Axe Bill. There was one day he finished high up in his group but that one day out of four was simply not enough. Hopefully they both will get some training in and do much better in their next event whenever that will be.

Peace I’m out!
Robert the Ripper
puppet of HopNation

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Thu May 08, 2014 11:50 am

First Knockout Round Results

Alder Yurov vs. Carson Star- Winner= Alder Yurov
Johnson Rodgers vs. Nathan Katzir- Winner= Johnson Rodgers
Kristen Roedder vs. Bronsje Oskejolia- Winner= Kristen Roedder
Arnold Erdmann Stumpf vs. Warren VonHopton- Winner= Warren VonHopton
Jorg Ulriche Halle vs. Zach Ivans- Winner= Jorg Ulriche Halle
Jordon Joakim vs. Hvoalinx Idnoralkis- Winner= Jordon Joakim
Ole Nordin vs. Saten Ruiko- Winner= Saten Ruiko
Automatically Advances= Ayston Pase

Announcing matchups for Quarterfinals Olympic distance:

Alder Yurov vs. Warren VonHopton
Jordon Joakim vs. Ayston Pase
Saten Ruiko vs. Johnson Rodgers
Jorg Ulriche Halle vs. Kristen Roedder

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Fri May 09, 2014 7:19 am

Greetings Hoptonians and fellow readers alike. We’re bringing you another update on the Rohane Alista Triathlon Circuit and as predicted in our last update two of our athletes have moved on to the next stage. We did however predict the wrong winner in the VonHopton Stumpf matchup, but both performed very well.

VonHopton was quoted as saying “It’s tough when you have to go against a fellow countryman, but sometimes that’s the way it goes”. Stumpf was not reached fro comment right after the race, but I was able to speak to him that evening and he assured me that there are no hard feelings between him and VonHopton. “We both did our best and well one of us had to win, today it was Warren. He’s been doing this a long time and deserves it, he was just a bit better today. I’ve learned a lot from him, respect him, and wish him the best going forward.” Next up VonHopton will be matched up against Alder Yurov which we believe is another favorite to do very well. I do think VonHopton can hold him off and we’ll see Warren in the next round.

Next we had Halle taking on a decent foe of Zach Ivans. The two were fairly even through both the swim and cycling portion, but Halle as usual pulled away on the run. By the time he crossed the finish line he was a good distance in the lead and even seemed to ease up a bit. “I felt good, I rode and ran well, but still need to do better in the water.” He said when I spoke with him. He is also looking forward to the next round and thinks he can do even better in terms of overall time. Halle will be taking on a tough competitor in Kristen Roedder who is like Halle an up and comer.

We hope both of our athletes can make it into the next stage, but know that the competition only gets harder as we progress to the final. Good luck to all in the Quarterfinals!

Yours,
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

Quarter Final Results

Alder Yurov vs. Warren VonHopton- Winner= Alder Yurov
Jordon Joakim vs. Ayston Pase- Winner= Jordon Joakim
Jorg Ulriche Halle vs. Kristen Roedder- Winner= Jorg Ulriche Halle
Saten Ruiko vs. Johnson Rodgers- Winner= Saten Ruiko

Semi Final Matches
Alder Yurov vs. Jorg Ulriche Halle
Saten Ruiko vs. Jordon Joakim

Good luck to the 4 remaining competitors!

Republic of Wreptzle
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Wreptzle » Sun May 11, 2014 10:37 am

LIVE FROM THE WREPTZLE SPORTS NETWORK

Maria Euphem, Field Reporter for WSN
"Hello and good morning to our viewers back home, we're here in Rohane Alista to bring you live coverage of the RATC Triathlon Circuit Semi Finals. Here with me is Jordon Joakim, representing Wreptzle in his first ever international competition. Jordon, how does it feel to be representing the nation on the international arena?"

"It's just amazing to be here, all the hard work of both me and my team have put into getting here just makes it very rewarding. I'm proud to be representing everyone back home and I can't wait bring home a medal for everyone watching and supporting me here."

"What has been your experience so far in getting to this point?"

"When I first got here, I was worried about how I would stack up to the rest of the competition, but thanks to my team and our coaches, I've been able to learn a lot fast and preform better - they've been there for me every step of the way."

"How do you feel going into the Semi Finals?"

"I can't believe that I've made it here, I'm excited for the upcoming match. I can't wait! I'm pumped!"

"We're wishing you luck out there Jordon. Our viewers home can watch Jordon in the Semi Finals on WSN, we'll be bringing you live coverage throughout the competition."

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Sun May 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Rohane Alista Triathlon Circuit Semi Final Results

Alder Yurov vs. Jorg Ulriche Halle- Winner= Alder Yurov
Saten Ruiko vs Jordon Joakim- Winner= Saten Ruiko

Finals will be Alder Yurov vs. Saten Ruiko and will be held tomorrow.

The third place match will be Jordon Joakim vs. Jorg Ulriche Halle and will be held immediately before the finals. Good luck to all athletes!

Rohane Alista
Diplomat

Postby Rohane Alista » Mon May 12, 2014 11:49 am

Rohane Alista Sports News

"Well folks, the olympic distance is over, and what a thriller of a final it had! In the end it was decided by only a few seconds as an old rivalry went head to head once again! We refer, of course, to Alder Yurov and Saten Ruiko, who have had a friendly sort of rivalry since the second STWT. However only one could be the winner, and they made sure to compete all out for it! But the third place match occurred first, and they'll be giving out the bronze medal soon. That was in itself a shocker and a thriller, especially since a complete unknown from Wreptzle came out of nowhere to run in that race. As you know, that was Jorg Ulriche Halle, who had been one of the heavy favorites to win this event, versus Jordon Joakim, who was at fairly low odds at the start of the tournament. Jordon shocked everyone though, making it all the way to the semifinals before losing, and getting to race in the consolation match. And he'll shock further in the future we think, unless we all learn to respect his talent!

Third Place Consolation Match
Jorg Ulriche Halle- 1:52:02
Jordon Joakim- 1:50:29

Third Place goes to: Jordon Joakim

"So congrats to Jordon, but the match everyone in Rohane Alista was really waiting for was the sure to be tight finals, and it lived up to expectations!

Rohane Alista Triathlon Circuit Olympic Distance Finals
Alder Yurov- 1:50:45
Saten Ruiko- 1:51:20

Alder Yurov wins the RATC's first iteration!

"This is Alder's first ever major international tournament win, though he has gotten second and third on multiple occasions. Hopefully for Rohanian triathletes and fans it will only be the first of many! The awards ceremony will be held later tonight, but until then we'll be reviewing each competitors performance, though we all know the 'surprise of the tournament' award is going to Joakim already! Tomorrow will be the start of the ironman competition! Good luck Kristen, Helder, and Alder!"

Timbermunich
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Timbermunich » Tue May 13, 2014 7:52 am

Timbermunich
Triathlon Results and Thoughts from Rohane Alista

Wow, that was some exciting racing in both the third place and championship match. I think Battle Axe Bill and One-Arm Willy have learned a lot so far despite them not making it past the group stage. Hopefully if they continue in the next event they will do better and maybe even make it into the next round this time. I did see a report, not sure of it’s source, but it was saying that it was extremely odd that this tournament had Yurov (from Rohane Alista) and Ruiko (from Mizuyuki) in the final together. I personally didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary and I even had a chance to check the rankings that the NationStates Triathlon Association (NTA) put out prior to the event and the two are ranked 5th and 4th respectively. The source was claiming that Halle, the youngster from HopNation, did better than he should have too. But again looking though some stats he is/was ranked 9th on that same NTA list. Being able to watch all of the action during the second stage of this tournament all the athletes looked strong in their respective races. It is what it is if you ask me and those claiming otherwise need to check their figures before speaking out or claiming anything out of the ordinary happened.

Well that’s enough for now just thought I’d put that out there in case other nations were hearing speculation on the overall outcome. Again, I see nothing wrong in the finishes as each race was spectacular to watch and for the most part those athletes ranked highly on the NTA list finished strong, perhaps they just didn’t have the best of performances when it really mattered. As for our Jacks, I want to wish them the pest of luck going forward and hopefully they have gained some endurance as I hear the Ironman is much, much harder than the Olympic distance.

Peace I’m Out
Robert the Ripper
puppet of HopNation

HopNation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 am

Well our triathletes didn’t do as well as expected in the strange head to head format thrown at them. It’s just something they aren’t used to. We’ll have to see how the final standings come out to know if their training needs to change. I personally don’t think they need to change anything yet. They, after all, were the only Nation to send all of it’s triathletes into the second round so that’s a good thing and speaks highly of our efforts off the race course.

I’d like to congratulate the winner (Alder Yurov), runner up (Saten Ruiko), third (Jordon Joakim)and fourth (our own Jörg Ulrich Halle) place runners, as well as a general congratulations to all athletes that competed in this event so far and made it a competitive adventure for all. It has been enjoyable to watch and we look forward to the next distance as well.

Good luck to all!
Ringwald Griffinsmith
Sports Writer
World Cup
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
*playoff game