NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva IX [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 am

Alpha jabbed the button on his intercom. It was for the fourth time in the space of an hour.

"Any News? Report."
"None sir. There's still a small division of German Americans keeping an eye on our Western border, W507 to be precise. Intentions still unknown. All quiet on the Apoxian front. Recently deported two Barangayan back-packers for using a camera without a licence and ..."
"You know what I'm asking about! Well?"
"Yes Sir. Nothing Sir."
"Keep me informed."
"Yes Sir. Oh, Khurt Zaraganiya seeks an audience with you."
"Who?"
"Governor of Krenekia Sir."
"Why?"
"An apparent information leak. Says that he has information pertaining to spies working for the German Americans. The actual data has yet to be confirmed and he only wishes to speak with you personally on matter. I informed him of directive ..."
"I'm well aware of the directives"
"Yes Sir."

Alpha paused for a minute. Could it be?

"And I suppose Mr. Zaraganiya has declined a video conference?"
"He has Sir."
"I'll see him. With the new land claims the German Americans are seeking to smooth over with the rest of Esportiva it will be interesting to hear what news we have from the west."
"Very well Sir."

At the other end of the intercom, the Alpha's PA smiled. The plan was progressing perfectly.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:34 am

Two teams enter The Nine in Dyatinsk, Buyan, with one hoping to beat the odds to be the unlikely champion, and with one looking to cement their legacy as one of Esportiva's best. One squad will be picked up by a charter flight to Sangti, The Royal Barangay to continue that dream, while the other squad will remain in Dyatinsk to battle for some pride.

This is your cutoff for the Buyanese half of the semifinal.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:54 am

SEMIFINALS
Buyanese Half

Taijan 2–1 The Licentian Isles

Taijan will proceed to Sangti, The Royal Barangay to meet the winner of the Paradystopia - German American States match, while The Licentian Isles will await the loser of the said match in Dyatinsk.
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"

Buyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:03 am

The crowd in Gabel roars and cheers, as the Paradystopian squad and the team from the German American States enter. Who will continue for the highest glory and who will travel to Buyan to battle for the bronze medal?

This is your cutoff for the Barangayan half of the semifinal.
From Some Village
'Bu', like in 'book'. 'Yan' like the cyclist 'Jan Ullrich'.
RP Population: 22 million
Overenthusiast and slightly naive Republic ruled by Sil Moen
State of Economy: deplorable
Weather: cold
Atmosphere: less depressing than before, but only a bit

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:15 am

SEMIFINALS
Barangayan Half

Paradystopia 0–1 German American States

BRONZE FINAL

The Licentian Isles - Paradystopia
@ The Nine, Dyatinsk

FINAL

Taijan - German American States
@ Estadio Olimpico, Sangti

Final scorination on Wednesday, February 12, 1300H UTC for the third place match, and at least 30 minutes later for the final itself.
From Some Village

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:09 am

Alpha's PA led the Krenekian Governor into the luxuriant office atop the great pyramidal goverment bulding in the heart of Mogd-Syrdusha. Apart from the dull tap of feet against the polished marble floor all was silent. Alpha's green robotic eye glowed as it scoured the supposed Krenekian official. Psi was playing right into his hands. His foolhardy arrogance having got the better of him. The Communadi leader grinned as he addressed Mr. Zaraganiya.

"You really thought you could fool me like this?"
"Sir?"
"Pitiful. I expected so much more of you."

With a swift motion, Alpha drew the holstered gun beneath his desk and aimed it squarely at Khurt's head.

"Goodbye Psi. I should've done this long ago."
"But Sir ... I ... I don't ..."

The bullet's aim was straight and true and Khurt Zaraganiya collapsed to the floor. Lowering his gun, Alpha breathed a sigh of relief. Finally, it was over.

"Hahahahaha"

Alpha's PA was laughing, but that was hardly the most concerning thing for the leader. The most concerning matter was the pistol his assistant had aimed at him.

"Pitiful, brother dear? Really? Now drop the gun and kick it over here."

It took a moment for Alpha to process this turn of events as his gaze passed from Khurt's body to that of his assistant who was nearly bent double in fits of laughter. Dutifully, he relinquished his firearm.

"Much obliged. So you really thought I would be so obvious? Haha ... Alpha, Alpha, Alpha. I know your protocols, well enough to pose as this imbecile. A promise of information leading to attempted espionage and all I needed to do was have your PA look over it. Little did your foolish official in Krenekia realise it was I he was sending straight into your office. Lo and behold, you still use those cerebral interfaces and Bang! Hahaha. From there I laid the trap and you willing walked right into it. Hahahaha"
"I see."
"'Congratulations' would've also sufficed. Surely even you would consider it a great feat of cunning to get straight into your office whilst the whole country is looking for me?"

Psi began strolling around the glass walled room.

"You need to get that eye checked brother. Well, you should've whilst you still had the chance. I was under the impression you'd recognise your own."
"You're no brother of mine Psi."
"It's a little late for the dramatics Alpha. Soon you will be dead and I will claim what is rightfully mine."
"I'm not your brother Psi. I'm your creator."
"Please spare me the bullshit!"
"You're second generation Psi. The first one. You are me."

Psi looked to Alpha. This was not in the plan.

"No, I think you'll find I'm one of Krenek's children. What's next? 'Oh Alpha, you killed my father'. 'No Psi, I am your father'? Give it a rest. Next you'll be telling me that a bunch of furry dwarves are going to bring down our empire?"
"Just kill me Psi. The circle is complete. I killed the Holy Father to claim the country. It's only fitting that I meet my fate by one of my own blood."
"Reeeeeally? Hahahahaha ... "
"Just fucking do it!"

A second shot reverberated within the walls of Room #0001 and Alpha collapsed back onto his chair. The bullet had pierced his throat and a stream of blood was running from the wound down his immaculately tailored suit.

"You missed, you shit."
"Did I really?"

Psi paced towards where the leader gasped for breath. His dipped his fingers lightly into the river of crimson before placing the fingers to his lips.

"I've waiting so very long for this. I don't want to kill you quickly. I want to watch your struggle for life. It will please me."
"Screw you kiddo."

With a final surge of energy, Alpha grasped the gun in Psi's hand and fired a second round beneath his chin and up through his head. The force toppled him from his seat and onto a pile upon the floor. Psi presented a disgusted look and kicked Alpha's corpse several times in anger. Having expelled a little rage, he repositioned the chair and took his seat at the head of the Commune. With bloodied fingers he jabbed the intercom button.

"Yes Sir?"
"Hello Darling. Alpha's dead. I'm in charge now and have an announcement to make. Ok?"

Taijan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Taijan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:39 am

There was a heavy silence in the locker room after the match, as though none of the assembled players could think of anything to say that would capture what they had just accomplished. They instinctively gathered into a circle but like an orchestra with no conductor, silence reigned, the only sound the shuffling as the last few players got out of their game jerseys. Michael Chao took a step forward, but acceded to a powerful motion by Elior Schneider to take the floor. The youngest player on the team, born just a few weeks after Alex Kim, Schneider was never seen to buy into the pre-game "mojo" of the team, repeating anything anyone else said but keeping to himself otherwise. He was a force to be reckoned with on and off the field, but in-between he was a mouse.

"I don't know how many of you guys know this," he said softly, "But my dad is German American. Both my parents, actually."

There were a few surprised looks, and even more nods. Schneider went on.

"They love football out there. And they're probably just as shocked as we are to be in the final; trust me, I know they are. Nobody expected this. We weren't supposed to draw Uitbregen, or beat Old Guard. They damn sure weren't supposed to beat Paradystopia. They're just as hot as us, they play just as hard, but we gotta play harder. We gotta show them we want it more. That's all I got."

Now Chao stepped to the middle, his unruly mane of black hair slicked back in a ponytail, his face blank in the absence of his characteristic cocky smile. "We're gonna win tomorrow," he said simply, "The only people who can stop us is us. Every minute, every goddamn minute"-here there were some shocked looks, because no one ever swore in the Ibex locker room-"We need to play our best football. This is it. This is the Campionato. This is what we've all wanted."
RP Population: ~5 million
Demonym: Taijani
Language: English
Capital: Coco Bay
Sports Played: Association football, basketball, beach soccer
Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto II Champion
Campionato Esportiva de Pallancesto I Finalist
International FireStorm Cup IV Finalist (Green Star)
Beach Cup IX Semifinalist
DiBradini Cup XXX Finalist
Campionato Esportiva IX Champions
Viva Esportiva!
How to Do Interconference Play in Xkoranate (sort of)
Sangti wrote:...of all teams, why Taijan?
<taijan> I have no rivals
<SJG> Your fans sing "Three Little Birds"

German American States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German American States » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

On The Verge of Glory

THE ROYAL BARANGAY- The German American States are in the finals of the Campionato Esportiva 9 after defeating Paradystopia 1-0 in a classic.
Erik Rogalski on the ball
Thanks to Farf for the graphic.

The German American States and Paradystopia clashed at the Nuevo Campamento in Gabel for the semifinals. The States were in the second semis in the calendar year, but were determined to make it to the big time and not settle for the third place match. They faced Paradystopia, one of the top four in the region, who could have steamrolled the Eagles on any other day. However, the Eagles were finding their groove with the Adlergehts, and Rommelwald playing lights-out. The stadium filled with noise as the teams walked onto the pitch.

The game was up and down the field, with both teams showing dominance. Paradystopia failed to convert a corner in the 30th that almost cleared the line. The German Americans in turn missed a free kick off the bar. Both teams were playing up and down the field, using up all of their energy. Paradystopia held the ball for most of the half, controlling much of the tempo and not letting Der Adlerschaft get in their groove.

The biggest scare of the match came in the 56th, as Strauber fouled Tarcka just inside the box. All the pressure was on Rommelwald, who guessed the correct corner and punched out the twisting shot. The play seemed to propel the Eagles along, who suddenly were re-energized. The ball was being played in for more German American chances, but their stellar defense stayed watertight.

The game was nearing its end in the 78th as Lukas Krohn made another move on the ball down the wing. In a daring move, he launched it cross-pitch to Dante Ruiz, who in turn put a nice volley on the ball. The ball sailed over the heads of the unsespecting defenders, and ended on the head of Konrad Meisenhal, who had snuck through the defense. He put the diving header away in the bottom, just beating out the offsides call. The stadium erupted, most cheering for the underdogs. The game ended after several last chance opportunities by the Paradystopians. The team was elated, but stayed sportsmanlike as always.

In tomorrow's matches, the third place game is seen as the better of the two(The Licentian Isles vs Paradystopia), as the States will play their regional neighbors, Taijan. The boys from across the channel will be displaying their stellar shooting and attacking powers, including German American-descendant Elior Schneider, currently playing abroad in New Sideburn. The States will hope to exploit the weak bond and risk taking of the Ibexes, two categories that the Eagles are very good at. The battle of the two underdogs will take place in Sangti's Estadio Olimpico. The Eagles are playing the biggest one in their lives.
IC: The Demokratik Republik of Rüntenbach
“Tendimus ad altiora”
Region:Esportiva Demonym: German American
Capital: Muenchewald Trigramme:RTB Population: 67 million
Ranked 30th in the world for football/soccer(KPB:23.11)
Order Adler Sport!(In HueD™)|National Map|Kit Directory/Discussion Thread|Sports Accomplishments|Wiki
"AND I JUST STARTED SWIMMING"-SJG

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:24 am

Here's your slightly late 3PPO cut-off!
From Some Village

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 am

BRONZE FINAL
@ the Nine, Dyatinsk

The Licentian Isles 0–2 Paradystopia

Congratulations for Paradystopia, who grabs the bronze medal and commisserations on the Licentian Isles. Best of luck for GAS and Taijan in the upcoming final, I'ld like to thank all of you who enjoyed this tournament through participation and RPing. Also a special word of thanks for my co-host, Sangti, who has guarded the quality of this tournament with his life.
From Some Village

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:34 am

Two teams who beat the odds by beating the more fancied teams clash in a fine evening in the capital of the Royal Barangay, with a close to capacity crowd cheering for their team to win the trophy that was displayed in the front of the tunnel where the teams go out into the pitch; the trophy, with ribbons of maroon, green, yellow and black representing the colors of the two finalists. It's time to determine who will be crowned "Esportiva's Best" this time.

Here is your final cutoff.

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:50 am

FINAL
@ Estadio Olimpico, Sangti

German American States 4–4 Taijan (4–5 AET)

Congratulations to the Ibexes, as they beat all the odds to win the ninth Campionato Esportiva, and commiserations to Der Adlerschaft; they'd go down fighting, despite the extra time loss. The Gran Supremo Antonio Arias, along with the KPMB Chairman Pedrito Mariano awarded the Campionato Esportiva trophy to Taijan, while handing out medals to the participating finalists.

EDIT: Changed 'Maroons' to 'Ibexes'; Thanks Taijan for that correction. Also changed 'German American States' to 'Der Adlerschaft'

Thanks to all nations who participated in this tournament. Yes, there were rough times, but these were nothing thanks to your roleplays, which were enjoyable to read. A big thanks to my co-host Buyan, who accepted my offer to be my cohost for this tournament, and did his best efforts despite having two events to scorinate.

The teams who stayed in The Royal Barangay for the duration of the tournament have a week to stay before their visas expire. The Gran Supremo wishes them the best in their return to their home nations.
Last edited by Sangti on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 am

The Alltime Rankings are updated. Huzzah!

Various updates:
Scoring system altered slightly. 3rd place now scores 8pts against 7pts for 4th.

A New Table. After the initial rankings comes a second table in which nations are ranked upon their average position per CE competed in. To be entered in this table requires a team to have competed in at least 3 championships.

Enjoy

Oh and thanks to our esteemed hosts for an enjoyable tournament. Congratulations go to Taijan, a 'What the Hell?!' to German American States; If you're gonna knock me out at least win the damn thing! and of course, a big fat 'In Your Face!' to Licen. :p Haha. See you all in the World Cup.
Last edited by Paradystopia on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports