NATION

PASSWORD

Campionato Esportiva IX [Everything Thread]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:05 pm

As the clock showed 75 minutes in the second match of the Campionato Esportiva XI's Group 3 for both Northern Sunrise Islands and Earo, with one goal already scored by the talented Kimiki after a loss of attention by the goalie from Earo, Rothschild; the scoreboard of the little stadium where Earo hosted their matches showed a substitution going at the Vaporeons. One of the youngest and also the smallest players of the squad, number 21 was set to debut at last. With long, black hair covering most of her pale face, what almost seemed like a female teenager looked at the stadium, as a low, dark track started to play on her head.

75' - NORTHERN SUNRISE ISLANDS
IN - MIXE, #21
OUT - MATEUS CARVALHO, #11

It always had been like that for the young striker. The Dark'ness Twins, a good bunch of rookies of Pezcemá... they already got used to that feeling. The Kids of the Graveyard were used to that feeling ever since they first stepped that place. And for one thing, not even another shirt would change that. Just a couple of seconds after entering the pitch, she recieved her first pass, touching the ball for the first time as a Sunrisian international. That was the moment when she started to show why the team was so feared at the Junior League.

Sunrise uber alles
Sunrise uber alles
Uber alles Sunrise
Uber alles Sunrise

With a huge shock against defender Bachmaier, resulting on a huge drop for the player from Earo, Mixe opened her way in. For one milisecond, she could see the route the ball was going to take and then, let the ball roll with her foot, creating an unstoppable shot, that met the back of the net with unimagined ease. The score was 2-0.

Sunrise uber alles
Sunrise uber alles
Uber alles Sunrise
Uber alles Sunrise

Not even a while after, Mixe once again had the ball near her feet. As she lobbed the ball on front, Mixe quickly sprinted her way to defender Wuopio, sliding through his legs to finally reach the ball on front and hit it with a bicycle shot. An impressive combination of moves that took so little. Perfect exectuion and a 3-0 to seal the victory. Maybe picking a little girl to do the job wasn't so bad after all.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Yttribia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yttribia » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:51 pm

[OOC: Think of the dialogue between these two as TSN's SportsCentre with Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole.]

You would proceed to turn on your television set, and play last night's recording of SportsLine, after being away for a few days from modern technology.

Craig: "After a grand first day of the UICA Championships, in which we actually weren't eliminated after the first round play, we welcome you in to SportsLine! On behalf of Juan Marx, I'm Craig Reyes. We'll get to the glimmer of hope shortly, but first, we begin with our coverage of the Ninth Campionato Esportiva, in which we've already faced our first loss, out of six."

Juan: "Hell, I would be surprised if we even got a point! Honestly, it seems that this team is screwed, compared to the other nations we've draw in the group. If I may, I would like to announce the three teams we were drawn with. There's Boring Paradise, who just came off a great campaign in the World Cup, led by Samuel Wong, the fifteen year old who's already captain; the first Esportivan team to reach the knockout rounds, Apox, led by Tolgus Tregajorran, and Matthias Sindelar; Eristicea, who for safety purposes according to our producer Tim, we will not criticize due to the fact that we could legitimately get killed. Otherwise, they're an 'excellent' team. And then there's us. We are by far, screwed beyond belief. How will we get a point throughout qualifiers? No clue. But on that short note, let's send it over to Craig with the highlights."

Craig: "Well, even though Producer Tim is waving his hands telling me not to do this, I guess I'm going to try to criticize Eristicea as much as possible. We head over to Le Nid Violet, home of the Series B Champions' Cup Final, and Youth Cup Semifinals and Final, live on CdRY 1. The two teams head out of the tunnel, with the Ninth Campionato Esportiva banner flag waiting out for them. The Eristiceans hear their anthem, with the Santino family watching, making sure the team doesn't screw up like last time. Every Yttribian inside there is probably on the verge of sh**ing their pants. La Viola is probably the least excited for a match throughout their short history, knowing that they could be shot and killed once this match is through for making a silly mistake in the stands. The Yttribians sing their anthem without the usual pride they possess, and we proceed to start."

Juan: "Match starts off with Noodles getting angry at a neutral visitor to Yttribia, and then *WHAM*. That guy is out cold, falling down onto the pitch. Doctors check for vital signs, and is whisked off to the Fontvieille Medical Center, to avoid further injuries. Since the ref didn't want to get killed later in the day, Noodles was only awarded with a warning. The Santinos look delighted with the decision he made, and according to sources, will award him with one million Periodens. After a delay of only two minutes, the match actually starts, with Sacheverell St. Pierre scoring in the ninth, much to the delight of the Yttribians. However, that lead ended one minute later when 'The Hammer', Carmine Zanigglio scored."

Craig: "That lead was shorter than your marriage, Marxie!"

Juan: "Oh Craig, you are in for a real treat come the end of this highlight reel. Anyways, one all after ten. Match went off to a really slow start until at the twenty-fifth when wing back Saverio Criscirano brought down a sledgehammer from the stands and started playing croquet with the ball itself! Since nobody didn't want to get hurt, they had to let him score, bringing the score to 2-1 after twenty-eight minutes on the pitch. By this point, La Viola are dead silent, with some calling the local authorities. Finally, after ten more minutes of half-arsed play, Gustave Mynatt, one of the few midfielders left in Yttribia gets a goal in from thirty meters out! Wow, that beauty is probably taking top spot in our Ten Plays of The Day. And as usual, another booooring ten minutes pass, bringing the score to two all at the half."

Craig: "Well, after fifteen minutes of god knows what, the two teams return out to the pitch, and this time, the Yttribian SWAT force is surrounding the entire field, making sure we don't have any crazy lunatics hand down weapons. Match restarts, and fifty seconds in, and Meatballs Camboni with the most miraculous goal I have ever seen, since I have no idea how he scored. 3-2 Mafia. Running and running around for fifteen minutes, literally a battle on the midfield, with Camboni, throwing some punches to Antonio Abreu, after finishing off a successful season at Alianza FC. Abreu naturally throws a punch back, and the referee finally came in, red card to Camboni. Abreu is taken out of the match, and replaced with Rios, the drunk defensive midfielder. After the match, it was reported the referee who gave said red card is in critical condition after taking an arrow to the knee."

Juan: "What, did he get married, or something like that?"

Craig: "No, he literally took an arrow to the knee, and blood spewed out of his knee. There was more blood than the time we went to the West Side of La Halda, and you ate that raw torta.

Juan: "Worth it."

Craig: "Don't eat tortas from the West Side of La Halda, kids. But doesn't matter. Eristicea up three two after sixty, and ten men on the pitch. While that may give the Ravens a chance to score, and tie...nice try. Five minutes later, Angelo Santino happens to evade four defenders, to make it 4-2. Now, by this point, the bandwagoners are starting to leave the stadium one by one, so by the seventieth minute, only 60,000 remained from an originally packed house of 81,800. School then scores in the seventy-third to make this game 4-3. And Yttribia is back in this match! Or so we thought... until Spades Polinori scores two goals in seventeen minutes to close the game at six to three. CdRY talked with Simon Jewel after the match, and this is what he had to say."

Jewel: "Arrgh, I just don't understand how they could blow two goals within the short span of seventeen minutes. And to think we face Boring Paradise and Apox, god prepare me. The only good thing going on for us today is that Abreu only had a small bruise, so we've got that going for us."

Craig: "Well, on that note, we're going to a commercial break, where we'll be bringing you some of the top plays from the UICA matches of today, and much more: including some amateur curling, all next on this special edition of SportsLine on CdRY 1. We'll be leaving you with the match report, for those who didn't sit through our highlights."

Image Yttribia 3 - 6 Eristicea Image
S. St Pierre (YTT) '10
C. Zanigglio (ERI) '11
S. Criscirano (ERI) '28
G. Mynatt (YTT) '38
A. Camboni ('46)
A. Camboni given red card ('60)
A. Abreu taken out; replaced by O. Rios ('60)
A. Santino ('65)
V. School ('73)
Polinori ('79), ('85)

You then end the recording, and head over to your computer to read today's blog post from "Screwing Around in Yttribia".

It's an Yttribian Miracle!

Boring Paradise. 12th in the region. 46th in the entire multiverse. One of five Esportivan teams to qualify to the World Cup this cycle. Viewed as favorites against us. Thrashing expected by pundits throughout the entire multiverse. 2-2 draw.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the high point of Yttribian football *so far* has arrived against the twelfth best team in the region, and forty-sixth best team in the multiverse. Now, allow me to recollect my breath and stop crying tears of joy. No wait, I still can't control myself after that amazing miracle, and comeback. So, hopefully my tears of joy won't screw up my computer's keyboard, and allow me to sum this up in one word. Vilhjalmsson. He was probably the man of the match, who despite conceding a foul, thus giving BP a goal off a penalty, he still somehow played the match of his life. The Crystopolis City sweeper/stopper had several tackles throughout the match, and basically kept this match from turning into a shut-out. Now, after fangirling about Vilhjalmsson, let's get started on the review of the two teams, and the "match report", shall we?

The Boring Paradise Squad consisted of highly offensive squad, consisting Haider Williams, and Shooby Adams. Those two were hell on the field throughout their World Cup Qualifiers, and they have talent that could possibly lead a squad like Boring Paradise to the knockout round of the World Cup, come cycle 68. However, the Boring Paradise squad was lead by a teenager, Samuel Wong. Two Wongs won't make Wight return to the World Cup, but one Wong sure as hell did have a ton of talent to take his nation there. Osama Homewood was also a member of the squad to pay keen attention to, mainly because of his fashionably amazing beard and his leaps of faith to block each and every shot on target he can.

Yttribia, the former darlings of the Baptism of Fire, shocking all by knocking Baptism favorites Tynewear, and their monster squad, have exited the honeymoon phase the minute the first whistle of qualifiers came. Low-scoring, but sure as hell entertaining to watch, the Ravens have a ton of talent between Venesclás School, Sacheverell St. Pierre, and Gustave Mynatt. Those three are some of the best shooters in the game today, and Mynatt is just a midfielder. Antonio Abreu is sort of the dark horse defensively for the Yttribian squad, with most people forgetting about the skill he has. However, Xavi Vilhjalmsson is the star player of the team, as the whole multiverse knows by now. Enough chitchat about the team, lets get into the match, shall we?

As most Yttribian matches go, they're low scoring on both sides. They sure as hell take a while for either team to score a goal, so we could tell that the ninety minutes will sure as hell be boring unless Yttribia starts to act like Yuba United taking on a team from New Koln or something like that. But, since this is Boring Paradise, this isn't going to happen. The bland match finally got a goal in after thirty minutes of midfield possessions, thanks to the textbook shot by Shooby Adams. One-nil, BP. After that goal, BP somehow found a groove, leading to three more shots on target, which were all blocked by Percey Bergsr. The fans who did make the trip out to BP had a gut feeling that another thrashing was in their way. But the Wall was performing good, with Linville taking the ball away several times for the remainder of the half. So, at the end of forty-five minutes of Esportivan football, BP had the lead in nearly all categories. From possession (54%), shots on target (4), and countless other stats, it wasn't going to be a pretty match.

The second half began just as it started, boring. I mean, even a parliamentary meeting inside the Yttribian government building would have been much more exciting. That is, until Xavi Vilhjalmsson slid into Shooby Adams after Xavi tried to chase the ball in the sixty-first minute. The referee saw blindly, and thought Vilhjalmsson went for Adams' shin, and was thus carded. Berger got ready to face Adams, possibly hoping to keep the one-nil lead alive, until he froze and watched the ball pass the goal line. Two-nil, BP. Nowhere to go but down.

However, things took a turn for the better in the seventieth minute when after a game of keep away between Abreu, Mynatt, and the entire Wall, Mynatt found an opening, where he found St. Pierre open in the seventy-second. St. Pierre takes the shot, and watches Osama stumble a bit as he tries to regain positioning. Boring Paradise had the lead, at 2-1, but Yttribia slowly began to catch up.

Vilhjalmsson was probably the reason on why we didn't get zero points again. This time, without a card of any sore, he performed a between the legs slide into Haider Williams. Bailey Linville was there to save the ball from heading out of bounds. That's when it hit me. "This could legitimately happen. We could actually get a point off of Boring Paradise." I must've lost track in time, since it was the eighty-fifth minute, and Venesclás School was ready to deliver a free kick. This was all or nothing for the nation. We wanted to get a draw at the minimum for hopes in staying alive for the CE. And there School was. Running with such grace, lifting his left leg for the kick. The bullet of a shot it was, as School got the equalizer in. I was in tears, the entire Internet was in tears, gosh. Everyone got emotional, and to think that we somehow tied against a World Cup team...wow.

The match was a draw in the books, but a win in our hearts. The Football Federation also got kits made by the famous manufacturer Kirola, and I happen to have a picture of the kits, scheduled to debut against the Apox match.

God, from what I hear, those things are just fantastic. Really digging the away jersey, representing the alternate colors of Yttribia. But the match against Apox will be our toughest yet. But if we tied against Boring Paradise, we can do anything. Until then, peace and survive, Yttribia.

After a tiring day of work, and who knows whatever the hell you do, you're sleepy. You shut down the computer, and head to sleep, knowing today was a good day
The Yttribian Confederation
Hosted
World Cup 71 | Cup of Harmony 61 | Campionato Esportiva 11 | Campionato Esportiva 15
I have some experience. Key word is some.
Find me at Gortolekua now.

New Sideburn
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sideburn » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 am

NEW SIDEBURN
Preferred Formation:
4-4-2 diamond
Secondary Formation: 4-4-1-1
Style Modifier: 0
Playstyle: Low on possession, but high on pressure, with fast play and short passing. Extremely physical, but will never dive, go to ground easily, or intentionally handball.
Home Stadium: The Farham Arena in Sabrefell. Capacity of 88,000, no attached club.
Kit Supplier: Kirola
Nickname: The Cormorants

After completing his desire to take New Sideburn to the World Cup, Gethin Ramsey announced his intention to leave the national team squad, pursuing the offer of the Licentian FA. The fans accepted this, but somewhat more of a surprise was his insistence on his replacement - Jess Mortlock, who had been the unfortunate scapegoat of a gradually weakening Crisisbless. Nonetheless, the terms in Ramsey's contract stipulated he could select his own successor, and Mortlock had been Ramsey's assistant for two years.

Mortlock wasted no time in announcing her intentions - to play to the strengths of the squad, to win the Campionato Esportiva and to ensure qualifying for the World Cup is an expectation, not an outlier. Brave words, matched to a promising roster. An older squad, relatively speaking, with 12 Premiership players to form the core of the squad. Mortlock has stated she intends to underpin the squad with a strong, experienced spine, a team that can break down weaker teams and stand firm against stronger ones.

Overall Record
85 wins - 21 draws - 29 losses
260 scored - 169 conceded

Honours
Champions of the 51st Baptism of Fire, Campionato Esportiva VI and VIII and Market Cup VI.
Qualified for World Cup 67.

First Team
ImageImage
Most RPs will list the next game's formation. By default, however, the diamond faces lower-ranked teams on KPB with 4-4-1-1 favoured against stronger teams, or similar-ranked ones away.
The diamond is the classic Sideburnese formation, four strong midfielders aiming to press the ball and limit passing options - the overlapping full-backs create most wing chances, but the majority of attacks are down the centre.

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
=================================
Choose My Goalscorers: Y*
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y**
Godmod Injury Events: N
Red Card Players: Y***
Yellow Card Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N
=================================

* Brandon takes penalties, Harper takes direct free-kicks, Harper or a fullback takes corners
** I'll have the final say on severity.
*** One per match.

Jess MORTLOCK - 45
Manager

Jess Mortlock was Ramsey's second of three assistant managers, and the first Ramsey actually liked - she left the nest to take control of Crisisbless, and was the unfortunate recipient of a team in clear decline. Her goal was to keep the team in the top eight and playing good football, which she managed, and her sheer personality and force of will kept her from becoming a scapegoat. These are evidently the qualities Ramsey respected most, as proven by her surprise appointment to be his successor. Like at Crisisbless, she has a hell of a legacy to live up to... but unlike at Crisisbless, she has the tools at her disposal to go beyond it.

Darryl BOYDEN - 52
Assistant Manager

Boyden, whose short and chequered managerial career has been plagued with bad luck and debt, took the job basically because it couldn't possibly be worse than working with Vermillion. He's proven himself in the hot seat so far, and appears to be growing fond of the job - a surprise, to most people who know the rather irritable man.
When Mortlock took the job, Boyden surprised many by accepting the role of assistant. When asked why he was seemingly writing off his career as a full manager, Boyden simply replied, "I'm tired of the spotlight. Just fucking leave it, yeah?"

Auburn BYWATER - 27
Whip

Hired by Gethin Ramsey in the 66 Cycle, one of the express terms set out by Ramsey upon his departure from the national side was that Bywater be kept on as whip. It's an unusual role at which the young former journalist excels - putting a bit of stick about until the players stand in line properly.
1 - Kieron RIORDAN - 30 - Wrexton FC (APX)
36 caps, 15 clean sheets

Riordan is a well-rounded and experienced goalkeeper, and has proven a worthy successor to Portia Thrift. He may lack his predecessor's positioning and handling, but he makes up for it with agility that hasn't diminished with age, and an ability to distribute from the back that creates a surprising number of opportunities. He's good with his feet, too - a rare trait in a Sideburnese keeper, who usually just learns how to hoof the ball upfield on his first touch.

12 - Tana COLBRIGHT - 25 - Brinemouth
5 caps, 1 clean sheet

Colbright is an expert shot-stopper, and did not flinch from the spotlight with Brinemouth. Apart from a little more composure coming off her line, there's little else you could ask of her. She impressed in her national performances to date, too - she was used in the Confederations Cup, and despite failing to keep a clean sheet did pull off several impressive saves. Still not a candidate to displace Riordan just yet.

20 - Kurtis FITZMARTEN - 30 - Raven River
2 caps, 0 clean sheets

Fitzmarten was capped twice for the Cormorants in his youth, during the WC64 qualifiers. He was underwhelming, and soon afterwards his club form dropped as well, and he moved to River. But it was at River where he began to make his comeback, as he became known for his ice-cool composure coming out from his line
2 - Anna SHRIKE - 31 - Mâ Âlâmëómë (FFD)
Right-back
109 caps, 4 goals

Shrike has only improved with age, as experience has made her a far stronger player mentally. She's a BoF veteran, but nearly unrecognisable to the reckless player back then. Currently, she's New Sideburn's most-capped player, and offers depth at right midfield as well. Even at 31, still holds the edge to start at right-back.

3 - Tosca MARLOWE - 24 - AFC Treason
Centre-back
29 caps, 0 goals

Young Tosca Marlowe has had an eventful career so far - 29 caps after an impressive career with AFC Shale through First Division, then Premiership. Arguably the best centre-back in the league, and she'll only get better with age. The shuffling of numbers suggests she'll start most games partnered with Finnan and backed up by Pearce.

4 - Cathy STOKES (c) - 28 - AFC Treason
Left-back
91 caps, 2 goals

Though usually a substitute, Cath Stokes has been here since the very beginning, one of the youngest players in the BoF-winning squad. Since her stint as the number 22, she's secured her place in the first-team, been a star for her club as they won back-to-back titles, had a series of increasingly surreal dreams, slept with Konrad Evans, broken up with Konrad Evans and become captain. A very good all-around left-back,

5 - Karl FINNAN - 28 - Crisisbless
Centre-back
16 caps, 1 goal

Centre-back has tended to be a problem position for New Sideburn, each coming with their own problems. Strongnesse was old, Harm was reckless, Yorke was unexceptional and Belfast was inconsistent. Finnan, however, seems to solve most of these issues - a solid, straightforward defender, in the prime of his career. A classic Sideburnese number 5.

13 - Leila CORVETTE - 29 - Maximum City
Left-back
56 caps, 0 goals

Though favoured in the WC64 days, Corvette's battle for a starting spot has slowly become a losing one. Still, the chain-smoking wingback makes up for her lack of endurance with pace and intelligence, specialising in making incisive, mazy runs deep into the enemy half. Recently signed onto Maximum City on the condition of cutting heavily on smoking in the extended off-season, it is hoped Corvette's abstinence will translate into greater stamina and athleticism, not into cravings and occasional twitches.

17 - Gareth PEARCE - 29 - North Laithland
Centre-back
6 caps, 0 goals

Pearce's Brenecian influences are easily noticable - he's disciplined at set pieces and the best player in the team with long throws. He's also the second-largest player in the squad. Despite making his name with Northern Union, he made the step up to the Premiership in style; his first season with North Laithland saw them unexpectedly win the league. He'll be hoping to make more starts, and as there are only three centre-backs this time that seems likely.

19 - James SLEET - 26 - AC Tallin (VAL)
Right-back
16 caps, 0 goals

Young, lean and handsome, the platinum blond 'Snowy' Sleet is another of the new breed; young, quick and playing abroad. A graduate of the much-acclaimed Eastflood academy, Sleet's still developing his attacking play but shuts down wingers with ease; a complementary figure to the wild Anna Shrike. Also of note, Sleet is the first male full-back to be selected for a full NSB WCC squad.
6 - Michael BRANDON - 26 - Directus (EUR)
Defensive Midfielder
42 caps, 1 goals

Even at 20, people could see something special in Brandon. They were proven right, after a dynamic move to the Euraleague. He's a classic Sideburnese number six, but at a very high level indeed, preferring to sit just in front of the defence and make play from there. He's also noted for his intensely professional and mercenary attitude towards the game.

8 - Catheline HARPER - 28 - AFC Treason
Right Midfielder
36 caps, 5 goals

As the chant goes; "She's hard, she's great! She fucked the Head of State!" Already a talented and dedicated player, an interview in which outgoing Margravine Rachael Kilgallon reluctantly confirmed rumours of a brief fling while Harper was in university has turned Harper's crowd magnetism into soundbite form. A strong physical presence, heavily tattooed along her arms and with boundless energy, Harper's a classic Sideburnese midfielder, and her eye for goal is more than most people have tended to associate with her. She's a jack-of-all-trades, however, and is versatile enough for any situation her endless running lands her in.

10 - Dale BRIGHTLEY - 29 - Basin Plain (UGO)
Attacking Midfielder
95 caps, 34 goals

New Sideburn's greatest talent, as his club attests to. He was signed curiously in BoF51, but since then it's started to make all too much sense; fast, tough and hard, utterly tireless and, while unselfish, knows when he just has to go for it himself. Definitely the most-improved player in the team.
Eight goals in twenty-one games has highlighted Brightley's role in the squad. But one of those goals will go down as one of the most important in Sideburnese history... one was put past the Islandstates, and it was the first World Cup goal the Sideburnese ever scored.

11 - Gareth CROWLEY - 26 - Abingdon Celtic (TLI)
Left Midfielder
43 caps, 7 goals

Crowley's often put forward as the classic number 11 - the Sideburnese style, that is, the kind that shoves past full-backs, cuts inside when he has to, runs tirelessly and has a devilish left foot. Better still, he's far less of a prick than Cheney Rosewood was.

14 - Catherine SEDGWICK - 27 - North Laithland
Attacking Midfielder
5 caps, 2 goals

Sedgwick has something of a reputation as an airhead. She's not stupid by any means, but she does tend to space out a lot, forgets her train of thought and speaks quietly with large, downcast eyes. This bears no resemblance to her ability on the pitch, where she rips open defences with forward passes and strikes for the top corner whenever there's half an opening.

16 - Darren PARRETT - 26 - Alouette Jonquiere (SIC)
Midfielder
40 caps, 6 goals

Young and skilled, Darren Parrett's erratic, jinking runs down the wing have become his trademark. He's slowly evolved into a player most comfortable with short, incisive passes snapping into the box at waist-level, but he's able to just smack the ball at Gerhard Thunder's face when he has to. Not bad with a long shot, either.
Jonquiere have revitalised in the recent season, and Parrett's been at the heart of it - it's been the boost his club career has needed to keep him in the national side.

18 - Andrea CROWE - 26 - Mardi Loppunies (NSI)
Central Midfielder
Uncapped

It's telling that when Crowe left Dubstep, the team collapsed in her absence. It's a remarkably similar story to Konrad Evans, now the team's number 9. A more adventurous central midfielder, Crowe's role will be to partner Brandon in central midfield in the 4-4-1-1; Daytona remains the straight swap in the diamond.

22 - Jess LEINSTER - 22 - Violence Chariots
Left Midfielder
Uncapped

Leinster's a surprising choice on paper, particularly for those who only know the Chariots as 'an upper-midtable Premiership side'. But when the Chariots had the early form that has become their trademark, new signing Leinster was at the heart of it, dashing into gaps in the defence and leading assists for the side, and briefly assists in the league. Not a natural goalscorer, but easily makes up for it with chance creation.

23 - Olenna DAYTONA - 31 - Maximum City
Defensive Midfielder
14 caps, 0 goals

A free kick specialist with a talent for playmaking, Daytona is otherwise a typical hard woman in the number six role - tough-tackling and relentless. Beyond medium-to-long passes and build-up play, she doesn't contribute that much to the attack, but her very presence gives the rest of the midfield the confidence to go forward, secure in the knowledge they've got backup holding the line.
7 - Gerhard THUNDER - 34 - Astograth University (ASG)
Striker
104 caps, 55 goals

New Sideburn's top scorer, bearer of the number 7 since the Baptism of Fire, target man extraordinaire and all-around Big Lad. 6'6", 211 lbs and three Iron Boots to his name, Thunder's a towering presence on the penalty area, and intimidating for any defender to deal with; moreover, he's skilled with the ball and strong with his head and his feet - he's excellent defensively, too, putting pressure on defenders in possession. The complete straightforward target man.
This will probably be Gerhard Thunder's last tournament in a starting role. At 34, his pace has already started to go, and it's likely Rowland will be favoured to head the 4-4-1-1. However, he's expressed contentment with his national career - 55 goals, but he's said the sweetest was his most recent, the half-volley that proved the winner against Antoletia in the World Cup group stage.

9 - Konrad EVANS - 27 - Gortz United (AST)
Striker
23 caps, 12 goals

The fast lad in New Sideburn's attack, even at 27. He's really found his feet for Gortz, and now his place in the Sideburnese attack is unquestioned despite a certain inconsistency. Prone to dry spells, but when Konrad Evans rains, you'd better believe he goddamn pours.

15 - Rook CATHAR - 24 - Sabrefell Moths
Striker
3 caps, 2 goals

The top scorer in the Premiership last season, Cathar's numbers have always been impressive. Thrown into the heart of the Moths' attack and given Thunder's boots to fill, he hadn't disappointed. At 21, he was their top scorer with 15 goals, then the next year a prolific partnership with Brad Kuepper gave him 19. This year was his time to shine, however, and 23 goals won him the Iron Boot. Cathar's a talented, powerful and fast striker who has it all, and aims to fight his way into the first-team by any means possible.

21 - Keith ROWLAND - 25 - Holdenberg City (EUR)
Striker
21 caps, 10 goals

With nine goals, Rowland was the unlikely top scorer for New Sideburn last cycle - with Thunder injured through most of the qualifiers, Rowland stepped up to the plate and was the only consistent scorer through a dry spell for the Cormorants. He's a well-balanced player, with his stamina and persistance his greatest asset.

1 - Kieron Riordan (Wrexton FC, APX)
12 - Tana Colbright (Brinemouth)
20 - Kurtis Fitzmarten (Raven River)

2 - Anna Shrike (Mâ Âlâmëómë, FFD)
3 - Tosca Marlowe (AFC Treason)
4 - Cathy Stokes (AFC Treason, c)
5 - Karl Finnan (Crisisbless)
13 - Leila Corvette (Maximum City)
17 - Gareth Pearce (North Laithland)
19 - James Sleet (AC Tallin, VAL)

6 - Michael Brandon (Directus, EUR, 3c)
8 - Catheline Harper (AFC Treason)
10 - Dale Brightley (Basin Plain, UGO)
11 - Gareth Crowley (Abingdon Celtic, TLI)
14 - Catherine Sedgwick (North Laithland)
16 - Darren Parrett (Alouette Jonquiere, SIC)
18 - Andrea Crowe (Mardi Lopunnies, NSI)
22 - Jess Leinster (Violence Chariots)
23 - Olenna Daytona (Maximum City)

7 - Gerhard Thunder (Astograth University, AST, vc)
9 - Konrad Evans (Gortz United, AST)
15 - Rook Cathar (Sabrefell Moths)
21 - Keith Rowland (Holdenberg City, EUR)
Last edited by New Sideburn on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The old ways were best!

Original nation behind Nephara. New Sideburn now symbolises an ideal, rather than a nation.

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:31 am

Komiteng Pampalakasan ng Maharlikang Barangay council meeting
October 20, 2017
5:30 PM

The people at the KPMB are having a meeting for the selection of host cities in the Campionato Esportiva. Attending the meeting are Pedrito Mariano, the chairman of the council, Adrian Tuprio, the chief operating officer for football, and other high ranking official. Gran Supremo Antonio Arias, the leader of the Royal Barangay, was also in attendance. They were discussing on how they will allocate the host cities.

Adrian Tuprio - We have received fourteen stadium bids from thirteen provinces - The Estadio Olimpico and StadiumSangti in Sangti, the capital, Estadio de los Verdes Prados in Cintore, Nuevo Campamento in Gabel, Estadio de Mogya in Mogya, Nueva Estadio de Isla Nespa in Nespa, La Nueva Jungla de Tigres in Jocolim, Estadio de los Inversores Chinos in Baoyam, Estadio Olimpico de Pranse in Leonde, Nueva Estadio Negros Gatos in Nuelma, Estadio Iscrachi in Gueti, Rosaleda in Rosavilla, Estadio Ramo de Palavedra in Ramo, Estadio de Mar Azul in Rumasi.

Pedrito Mariano - We surely have to cut some of them. Wait, what did the Buyan Football Board tell you about their stadium developments"

Adrian - Sir, they have been renovating three stadiums and building a new one in an island.

Pedrito - Hmm, so they will host the other half of the knockouts with just four stadiums?

Adrian - Sir, that seems likely.

Antonio Arias - Wait. Hold on a moment. We still have our own stadium arrangements to do.

Adrian - But sir, we would have to trim it down to just f...

Antonio - Shhh, my dear, I think we can give hosting rights to at least eight provinces and at most ten, is that right, Pedrito?

Pedrito - Hmm, Sir, I presume it is, given that we will host two playoff matches, four Round of sixteens, two quarterfinals, one semifinal and the final, Sir.

Antonio - Which stadiums can we not select?

Adrian - Sir, I think Ramo, Rosavilla and Rumasi are the prime options. Rumasi and Rosavilla only has less than 30000 capacity, and Ramo is just too near the stadiums in Sangti, which I believe will be both selected.

Pedrito - That is the plan, Adrian, We'll let StadiumSangti host one match in the Round of 16, and the Estadio Olimpico? Obviously, it should host the final... For the other stadiums, it is just our decision to allocate them neatly.

Adrian - So, the Final will take place at Olimpico, so the semis would have to be down south... Gabel?

Pedrito - Tumpak. Nuevo Campamento will host the semifinals. I think we should give the two quarterfinal slots in the western and eastern stadiums?

Adrian - Which means... Cintore and Mogya?

Pedrito - We will accept their bid there. So... The four, I mean three remaining slots for the Round of sixteen.

Adrian - I believe Mogya, Nuelma... and Nespa?

Antonio - Hold it right there. I am very skeptical whether Nespa can host their match unscathed.

Adrian and Pedrito - Unscathed?

Antonio - Look. Livao and Ryne are under constant attack from Senina sympathizers. If they get the news that a match in the Campionato will take place at Nespa, they would be ready to spoil our so-far-clean reputation in Esportiva.

Pedrito - So, where would you place one? I think Nespa is capable of hosting one

Antonio - So do we have to wait at the end of the Blackclyffe match just to make a decision?

Adrian - How about this? We give the last QF to Nespa provisionally, then if something goes wrong there at the next few months, then we take away their hosting rights.

Antonio - I am still skeptical over that. But it's your decision folks.

Pedrito - So how about the two playoff matches?

Adrian - I think Baoyam and Leonde can host it.

Pedrito - So its...

Antonio - ...settled. I will make an announcement soon about this, OK?

Adrian and Pedrito - Erm... Sure.

That was a quick meeting. Just as quick as the goal scored by Robin Linsangan in their game against Blackclyffe, where he scored in just thirty seconds. They peppered the defense with shots, but they failed to find an insurance goal. Anyway they won 1-0, and they were back home to train for the match against Felix at StadiumSangti.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Buyan
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:50 am

Said events happen a week or four before the actual tournament.

Allersham drove his car out of the Portnii International Airport, the greatest hub for aerial transport in the nation located near the city of Pajukas, named after the national leader. He had said his goodbyes to Sirius, who was away to Paradystopia for a few weeks. Oh how he would’ve dreamed about stepping on board as well, he wasn’t looking forward to the two appointments from his afternoon.

“Friend Allersham, take a seat!”

The friendliness from the lower official was as fake as the so-called marble that filled the floor of the Krelnov’s office. But it wasn’t the measly secretary that worried Frederich, it was Yevgueni Krelnov who sent shivers down his spine. Head of some unnamed part of the Ministry of Interior, he had been his direct connection with the state. After every game, training or even team lunch from the last year, he had received a phone call from Krelnov, or rather Friend Krelnov, as he usually introduced himself. Friendliness never was a value in Buyan.

Over the years, having seen quite a few political regimes rise and fall, Frederich Allersham had always tried to stay away from politics as much as possible. But unfortunately, football tended to be politics as well, as he had discovered over time. When the secret services demanded his ears for their... yeah, for what... “no” wasn’t on the list of possible answers. Needless to say it was a short list.

“Friend Allersham... I’ll be nice and straight with you.”

Frederich looked to Krelnov with fear written in his eyes. There was something about this man that made him absolutely terrifying. One wouldn’t note it at first, if he walked the street with a black briefcase and a modest jacket, but once he spoke up, the room filled with tension.

“Your reports have been... Interesting.”
“I, ehm...” Allersham stumbled through his sentence, “I did my best.”
“But they could be more... Detailed.”

That annoying habit of Krelnov to pause for every last word of his sentence. It wasn’t only as if he threw you off a cliff with every line he said, he also hung you over the edge for a second before dropping you to eternal depths. Suddenly, the secret police officer, as that would be his function everywhere else, rose.

“Our Leader for Life has become quite interested in the team. In as much that he wants to become more... Involved.”

Krelnov now was making circles around Allersham’s chair, each a little bit smaller than the previous one. When the final word of his next sentence came, he was so close that Allersham could feel Krelnov’s breath on his skin.

“Popularity is key. Of course he is our benevolent leader, but not everyone fully realises how magnificent he makes our nation. How great. Therefore, he wants to become the new... national manager.”

It was impossible for Allersham not to look in Krelnov’s grand, dark eyes.

“In an ideal situation, we qualify for the Campionato in our nation and eliminate Hope by then. Leader for Life Portnii leads Buyan to eternal glory and the nation will worship him once more.”

What? Allersham tried to get his thoughts together When did my plucky, impoverished yet humble dictatorship turn into some sort of Glorious Commune?

“Of course,” Krelnov smiled, “we’ll need some cooperation for that. And the reward will not be small. As our Leader knows little about football, who’ll need a first-class assistant to share the glory...”

Allersham nodded slowly.

“Good afternoon, mister Allersham.”

Good, good, ...

“Hello, doctor.”
“Mister Allersham... I’ll be nice and straight with you.”

Where had I heard that sentence before today?

“I...,” docter Zevliutis continued, “I don’t have good news for you. Even the contrary, I’ld dare to say.”

Could my day become any worse?
From Some Village
'Bu', like in 'book'. 'Yan' like the cyclist 'Jan Ullrich'.
RP Population: 22 million
Overenthusiast and slightly naive Republic ruled by Sil Moen
State of Economy: deplorable
Weather: cold
Atmosphere: less depressing than before, but only a bit

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:00 am

Cut-off.
From Some Village

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:01 am

This cutoff is brought to you by... well, whatever. Group 7 cuts off too.
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:15 am

Group 1
Nexxus Drako 2–3 German American States
Tasrailia 0–1 Dandillis

. Group 1                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Dandillis 3 3 0 0 4 1 +3 9
2 German American States 3 2 0 1 6 4 +2 6
3 Tasrailia 3 1 0 2 3 5 −2 3
4 Nexxus Drako 3 0 0 3 4 7 −3 0

Group 2
Paradystopia 1–0 Old Guard
Nekoni 2–1 Ati Kaluraya

. Group 2                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Paradystopia 3 3 0 0 3 0 +3 9
2 Old Guard 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4
3 Nekoni 3 1 0 2 2 3 −1 3
4 Ati Kaluraya 3 0 1 2 1 3 −2 1

Group 3
Noburu Taiyou 1–3 Earo
Northern Sunrise Islands 1–0 Chun-nan

. Group 3                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
2 Earo 3 2 0 1 7 6 +1 6
3 Noburu Taiyou 3 2 0 1 4 3 +1 6
4 Chun-nan 3 0 0 3 2 6 −4 0

Group 4
Nui Hanai 2–2 Estope
Swyftlandre 5–4 Chiata

. Group 4                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Swyftlandre 3 2 1 0 7 4 +3 7
2 Estope 3 1 2 0 3 2 +1 5
3 Nui Hanai 3 0 2 1 3 5 −2 2
4 Chiata 3 0 1 2 5 7 −2 1

Group 5
Taijan 6–0 OldsBuickstan and Pontiac
Uitbregen 5–2 Royal East America

. Group 5                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Taijan 3 2 1 0 14 5 +9 7
2 Uitbregen 3 2 1 0 13 9 +4 7
3 Royal East America 3 1 0 2 9 12 −3 3
4 OldsBuickstan and Pontiac 3 0 0 3 6 16 −10 0

Group 6
Yttribia 1–2 Apox
Eristicea 3–4 Boring Paradise

. Group 6                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Apox 3 3 0 0 6 1 +5 9
2 Boring Paradise 3 1 1 1 6 6 0 4
3 Eristicea 3 1 0 2 9 10 −1 3
4 Yttribia 3 0 1 2 6 10 −4 1

Group 7 (scorinated by Sangti)
Buyan 0–2 The Licentian Isles
Kazamatsuri 0–0 Brenecia

. Group 7             Pld  W  D  L  GF GA GD Pts
1 Brenecia 3 2 1 0 2 0 +2 7
2 The Licentian Isles 3 2 0 1 5 1 +4 6
3 Buyan 3 1 0 2 1 3 −2 3
4 Kazamatsuri 3 0 1 2 0 4 −4 1

Group 8
The Glorious Commune 3–1 The Sarian
Slembanana 3–1 Sakhovelo

. Group 8                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Slembanana 3 2 1 0 12 8 +4 7
2 The Glorious Commune 3 2 0 1 8 6 +2 6
3 The Sarian 3 1 1 1 8 7 +1 4
4 Sakhovelo 3 0 0 3 1 8 −7 0

Group 9
The Royal Barangay 3–1 Felix
San Jose Guayabal 2–1 Blackclyffe

. Group 9              Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Royal Barangay 3 3 0 0 7 3 +4 9
2 Felix 3 1 1 1 4 5 −1 4
3 San Jose Guayabal 3 1 0 2 6 7 −1 3
4 Blackclyffe 3 0 1 2 1 3 −2 1

Group 10
Gloriax 3–5 Albaie
Chrovan 3–4 Texacano

. Group 10                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Texacano 3 3 0 0 9 4 +5 9
2 Albaie 3 2 0 1 9 6 +3 6
3 Chrovan 3 1 0 2 5 7 −2 3
4 Gloriax 3 0 0 3 3 9 −6 0
From Some Village

Nexxus Drako
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexxus Drako » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:03 am

MD2:Dandillis 2–1 Nexxus Drako
78' Kevin Arland

MD3: Nexxus Drako 2–3 German American States
12' Robert Hill
16' Harrison Gin

. Group 1 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Dandillis 3 3 0 0 4 1 +3 9
2 German American States 3 2 0 1 6 4 +2 6
3 Tasrailia 3 1 0 2 3 5 −2 3
4 Nexxus Drako 3 0 0 3 4 7 −3 0

The Nexxus Drako Age

Kent Joseph's Column

No hope, that's what we have of qualifying for the finals of the Campionato. We weren't expected to win anyway.

One thing that we can be proud of is that the Drako Dragons made it all the way to the Qualifying Round of the UICA Globe Cup, a Drakonian record.

Hopefully we can improve on that next season.

Anyway, we've lost against all three of our group mates, so we'll probably lose three more times.

Still, we were never expected to pull any fireworks.

Signing off.

Sidestory

I sipped my tea in the dining room of the Mountain Palace, high in the mountains near Telas. I was safe, for now.

The rebellion had quietened a fair amount, but I could tell they were planning something, as the NDIA (OOC: Nexxus Drako Intelligence Agency) had warned me that terror attacks were imminent.

I was waiting, as they wanted my head, despite the massive civil and economical rights I afforded the people, some were disillusioned and wanted to vote, which would potentially bring in a crackpot conservative that would wreck the country and kill it's livelyhood. Heck, most of the rebels were conservatives.

"What now, my love?" asked Skyalina, to which I turned to face her.

"We wait, and then we act, and then we win. Hopefully." I said, nervously.

Skyalina nodded, and as nervously as I did, she sipped her tea.

I then heard loud running, it was an NDIA agent, he looked scared.

"Agent Toulson, asking for permission to report, sir!" he said in an army-like tone.

"Permission granted, Agent, what is it?" I said with a shaky voice.

"It seems that the town hall of Telas was the target of a suicide bombing, it was snuffed out as the man went through a security checkpoint, we have him in custody. What shall we do with him?" Agent Toulson asked.

I breathed a sigh of relief, and thought for a moment.

"Extract as much information as you can by any means necessary, torture will be permitted, kill him when the information is out. I will not stand for terrorism in this country." I said.

"Right away sir." said Toulson, who then dashed back off from whence he came.

"Sky, I think everything's going to be all right." i said, to which Skyalina looked relieved, and smiled for the first time since the ordeal at the Presidential Palace.
Tracker | IIWiki
RP Population: ~250 million
Tech: Modern
Species: 58% Human, 42% Dracon
Leader: President Matthew Parker
Capital City: Drako City
KPB Football Rank - 83Rd (10.51)
IBC Basketball Rank: 13th (8.27)
UICA Rank: 63rd (7.629)
FARF Rank: 1st (22.69)
Host: FARF ARCC
Winner: None
Runner-Up: WHS 1
3rd Place: The Yttribian Open 1
4th Place: Beltane Cup 1 & 2
Founder of FARF (Australian Rules)
Like Australian Rules Football? Wanna have your league go for glory on the international stage? Enter the FARF ARCC today!
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 am

"Has there been any word from Operative Insomniac?"
"Nothing as yet. Relax. Maybe he's asleep?"
"That joke was old before it even began ..."

Off the main street through the centre of the Paradystopi town of Dzias there was an unsuspecting alley. Several yards down this alley was a small bar. Had it not been for the lukewarm swathes of light emanating from its dirty windows, the ramshackle appearance of the exterior would've been enough to convince anyone that the place had been abandoned several eons ago. Inside was awash with grime, a stench of fusty tobacco smoke and the hushed conversations of secret people. The Goat on Spit tavern was a portal to a underworld where everyone was anonymous and you left your identity at the door.

In a corner, shrouded somewhat by an oppressive fog of a myriad of smokable substances, sat a couple. At least that's how they appeared, and wished to appear. In truth, this was the first occasion they had met each other face to face. The man was short, stout and bore a robust beard. Atop his squat nose balanced a thick pair of spectacles and from betwixt his obscured lips jutted a long spliff which he occasionally drew long labourous lungfuls from. The woman appear of a similar age to the man. Haggard skin hastily disguised with foundation and large pouty lips of a deep crimson. She was a lot more uncomfortable with her surroundings than her partner taking feverish drags from a hand-rolled cigarette. After emitting a few crooked smoke rings, the man spoke.

"So what's your connection to the Insomniac?"
"Business partner."

Effective code for 'I'm not telling you shit'. She was in no mood for small talk. She wanted to do what needed to be done and get out of this place.

"What business would that be?"

The man grinned like a crocodile, showing his crooked, yellowing fangs which had likely never been seen by any dentist.

"Logistics."
"Haha ... Aren't we all?"
"Quite."
"Some things get moved here, other things moved there. The right cargo and it's a lucrative business I find."
"So what's your connection to the Insomniac?"
"Business partner. Haha."
"He should be here by now. What's taking so long?"
"Relax. He's never let me down before."

The man offered his long cone of cannabis to the woman. She refused and lit up another cigarette instead.

"But what if ... ?"
"Relax! ... okay? I know my man."
"Do you really?"
"As well as I know anyone else in this game."
"So you know fuck all basically?"

The man paused to take a long hard pull on his joint.

"I know he's on the same page as me, which is more than I can say about my present company ..."
"What are you insinuating?"
"Oh ... nothing ... you know me. Hahaha. Just voicing some rumours that we've a mole in our midst."

For a moment, the pair looked at each other, trying to gauge their individual safety in this present situation. Neither of them wanted to believe their careers were in jeopardy but the fact of the matter was that they were. A net was slowly and silently tightening around them, the trick was knowing exactly the right moment to escape. Too late and you were trapped, too soon and you faced the retribution of the colleagues you deserted.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Commune-PDTv2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commune-PDTv2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:30 am

Aspirin and coffee. The breakfast of champions. Not that breakfast had any meaning. The titles of meals had long since become defunct.

Triple ristresso, four and a half sugars. For the true caffeine addict. To a mere mortal, such a concoction would make your brain howl and induce hallucinations.

When you don't sleep however, such hallucinations come with the territory.

Four aspirin, extra strength. Years of abuse had led to a tolerance to the chemical and dose kept creeping ever higher. Just something to stop the temples throbbing or at least numb the ache.

Close eyes.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... and back in the room.

Why am I here? This whole place feels alien though it's more likely that I'm the alien. My psyche's all twisted again.

1 more aspirin, swallow, close eyes.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... Hello world.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this to myself. Self-inflicted paranoid psychosis. Maybe I could count sugar crystals again but this is no time for procrastination.

I should be in Dzias. For fuck's sake! I still have time though. It's okay. Breathe. Calm.

Another coffee please. No, just a latte this time. Thank you very much.

Did I actually vocalise that? Or am I confusing my inner monologue again? Dammit dammit dammit.

Still can't believe I managed to get this stuff out of the Commune. Natural charm at the border, obviously. That, or the twitching freaks them out. Damn, it freaks me out!

Thank you. Mmm ... Latte. I'm not going mad just yet then. Just hope I'm not saying all this out loud. No strange looks from fellow patrons. I think I'm okay. Phew.

So three hours to Dzias from here. Good. Plenty of time. Plenty of time. Okay. Good.

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Seldom before, the mood had been so dense in the Buyanese dressing room. The poor architecture from the Bokstasstadionas causes the stamping feet of the disappointed fans above our heads to be heard by all those present. Trying to focus on something else than the nerves rushing through my veins, I start to pull and pluck my gloves. I could’ve...

”Aran Miller has completely escaped to the attention of Zermin and Naess, he’s going through the defence like a knife through butter but a good tackle from Bartkus... The ball goes to Leighton, he’s very far out of the goal. A fake. Another one, a bumpy shot... Oh no! This should’ve been an easy one for Ulle Seber but he just let it slip. He let it slip. How is this possible, at this level?”

The images keep on running through my mind, the timely tackle by Bronius, the look on Danny Leighton’s face...

“Ulle!”

I snap back into the current world and stare to Hope.

“It’s the f’ing third time I call your name. If that’s your idea of focus, Ulle, I probably won’t have a lot of good news for you.”

My thoughts try to recollect a proper reaction to that, but can’t find what they are looking for. I simply sit there, head down, a towel flung carelessly over my shoulder. The manager, in the meanwhile, continues to single out players and press on what they were doing wrong. I know, it is unfair. We aren’t playing bad and if it weren’t for my mistake, ... Hope’s rant goes on for another minute or two before he leaves, but his final words are the toughest ones.

“I believe the press is right in wondering if we’re working with professionals here.”

The papers had known no mercy after our defeat in Brenecia. Going 1-0 against such a team should’ve been, by all accounts, a proper result but the way we got in a goal in the last minute... Sil Moen had received it on the outside and instead of rushing to the corner flag to hold the ball there till the referee blew the final whistle, he had called us all into attack. Three seconds later, Fiona Sylver had recovered the ball and sent Kuepper one-on-one. It had cost Moen his spot for this game.

Ironically, the latter would have to save the day now. Replacing Wally, who still was trying to prey his best form, we would effectively move into some sort of 4-3-3, although the previous game hadn’t really shown that would work out.

If the Bokstasstadionas would be such a mouse-infested hellhole as the Aleja Lipowa, the stadium where I usually guarded my goal, you could’ve heard their tripling feet going through the heat sink tubes. Today, there only was the rhythmic stampede from the Buyanese supporters. The morning papers had talked about a ‘do or die’ game and we seemed on our way to the second option. Ultimately, Harald Naess stands up. As the senior player on the field, he had picked up a role as vice-captain and his experience for Jottnar Kallsmudden and Bengtsmark IF, resulting in over a decade of football at the highest level, had reinforced that image.

“Guys,” he says, with a voice that bore the scars of an old smoking habit, “we’ll ‘ave to step it up a notch. But not for those,” he points to the ceiling that by now was moving along to the pace, “as they’ld ‘ve called us gods twelve months ago for dealing so well with a World Cup side. For us, for Sirius and for Frederich. We all know what to do. One for all?”
“All for one,” we shout, but not at the top of our lungs.

Nervously, I drop the bottle of water when I place it on the table. Not just once, but twice. While most of the guys already have left the dressing room, Harald still sits down in the furthest corner, calmly ogling my clumsy ways.

“Them gloves,” I try to apologize.
“Don’t,” the Bengtsmark IF midfielder answers, “and don’t worry. Just get your back into it, you’ll do great.”

I whisper some thanks, and those were meant, but I can’t exactly put my finger on it. He tries, he really does, to get me back on track. But when all is said and done, I’m still alone underneath that crossbar.

Although all took the road left to the field, I turn to the right. For some odd reason, I always have to get my gloves wet on the bathroom sink, not underneath the showers. Teammates had mocked that quirk of mine before, but so far it hadn’t brought any bad luck. Unfortunately, the place seems to be occupied and I had to trot to the other end where the referee had his personal privacy. However, making the last bend, I stall and stare to the scene in front of mine. Hope and Allersham are shouting and swearing at one another, with a semi-flustered voice not to alarm those around them but with hardly comprised anger.

“You’re dropping me. You’re barring me. Do you want my spot?”
“Nonsense. If it weren’t for me, you’ld already been out after the previous Campionato...”
“What is going on, Frederich? What is going on? What’s changed?”

The latter turned away from the head coach.

“I... Nothing. Maybe you’ve changed,” Allersham uttered, before coughing long and with violent shakes.
“You know that’s not the truth, Frederich. Can I still trust you? Till the end?”

I know I have heard more than I was supposed to, turn around and sprint to the pitch where the referee is already making a headcount. My head is so filled with thoughts that I missed Allersham’s flustered last words.

“Till the end.”

For some twenty minutes, it had been an entertaining spectacle for the fans. With more courage than wisdom, we had tried to snoop one ball past Jamieson but the Licentian goalie had withstood our humble attempts with ease. All in all, the best opportunities had been for our opponent, but a screamer from Fraser Docherty hit the right side of the post. For me, of course.

But then, things started to deteriorate. The Licentians clearly grew bored of our attempts, which didn’t do more than annoy their defenders. While we were trying to catch our breath, they decided it was time to go into a higher gear. No one could blame me so far, I can say. A free kick by the opponent’s poster boy, Aran Miller, had been held and I managed to get a finger against a header from Leighton. Bad turned into worse for us when Zemaitis clumsily ran into a second yellow card. A push, a shove and the referee was already grabbling in his back pocket.

One man down, with the line-up hastily turned into a 4-3-2, the Licentians receive all the time and space they need for their careful build-up. Chance after chance now flies towards my goal and I have to use all I have in store to keep the gap to a single goal. No wonder that, when a poor shot from Munro easily finds its way into my hands, I decide to steal a few seconds before booting it upfield again, hoping against all odds that Elmo will be able to take possession. Miracles seem to be possible when the long attacker, of whom the whisperers say that he will leave his beloved IFK Pollmarnang for New Sideburn, manages to take it on the chest at once and pass it along to Devold. The fans, whose half-time anger has washed away by now, decide to back their guys for a final push. For the first time in the last fifteen minutes, we get a few passes together. Devold to Naess, off to the wing where Hopp can’t force a cross. Back to Wreczius then, our third substitution of the game, to Refshauge, to... Ruaraidh Donaldson. The experienced Abingdon Celtic midfield seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to spotting moderate passes and his eye has found one now. With one clever run and a seemingly simple pass, he not only captures the ball but also launches Docherty into space...

What happened next, I can only tell from the video images. Apparently, I left my goal and tried to reach the leather first, but there was a good reason why Leighton played in a competition like the ANL. He ran like a hare and touched the ball, just before we collided into one another. I probably tried to minimize the wide-open space with my flailing arms, but it left me no chance to protect my face when his knee crashed into my eye socket. Apparently.

Seldom before, a referee red-carded an unconscious guy on a stretcher. I must say that Havelund looked good between the sticks, in a shirt with Seber in the back. I’m afraid it will take a long time before that shirt is seen in international football again.

XI for the upcoming game:
Anders Bergh
Ignas Smetona - Sigurd Tufte - Bronius Bartkus - Alowysz Krupa
Harald Naess - Quinten Zermin
Crassus Hopp - Sverre Devold - Sil Moen
Elmo Havelund
Last edited by Buyan on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
From Some Village

Noburu Taiyou
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Noburu Taiyou » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:27 pm

Tohoko, Noburu Taiyou

The eagerly anticipated debut show for the Republican Wrestling Conglomerate in Noburu Taiyou, the first show of their Tour De Esportiva, as they were calling the tour, was finally starting. The Sumo Arena was sold out, with a crowd composed of half Republican soldiers and half Taiyouese. Although their colonial masters were not very popular in Taiyou, there was still a sizable portion of their population that sympathized with the FFR. They composed a disproportionate percentage of the Taiyouese fans in attendance on this day.

The show opened up with a 6-man tag team match involving 2 teams that were considered enhancement talent. The match dragged on for 20 minutes, which would have put a Republican crowd to sleep and did put several of the Republican troops in the crowd to sleep, but the Taiyouese were very much into the match, a contest involving 6 very athletic wrestlers. While the vocal minority on the Internet would likely share their opinion on the match, most of the Republican fans watching on the RWC Network were likely bored by a match involving 6 wrestlers they didn't care about that seemed to drag on and on. This was a sign that they had adjusted their style of show for the crowd. This was largely what the crowd got for the first hour and a half of the show.

Since this was the RWC, however, there was going to be a women's match on the show and it went on 4th out of the 6 scheduled matches for this show. Sabrina and Olivia had been tag team partners and friends in the storylines several years ago, but at this point they were now bitter enemies. Sabrina had turned into a villain over these 3 years and had begun playing a crazy character. Olivia's character, a tattooed red-head, had not changed much over the past few years. She remained a fan favorite. This match was to be a tag team match, so both of them had to find themselves a partner. This provided Mr. Sagese with an opportunity to introduce new wrestlers to the RWC. All Taiyou Pro Wrestling had never employed a woman, but there were several smaller wrestling organizations in Taiyou where women could compete and hone their craft. Both of these girls were Taiyouese beauties, with a natural look and ring attire that left the bare minimum to the imagination. Hirari and Yume were color-coded to make it easier for viewers on the RWC Network to tell the 2 of them apart. Hirari, like her partner Sabrina, was wearing purple while Yume had decided to wear orange to match her partner's attire.

Like the rest of the matches on the show so far, the women's match was a straight wrestling match, which went longer than it usually would, lasting 15 minutes before Hirari would finally defeat Yume by using her skirt for leverage. The Taiyouese half of the crowd booed the result. Mr. Sagese had expected a much more Taiyouese-heavy crowd. Because of this, he had decided to go with 5 straight wrestling matches and only 1 unconventional match, which produced a show that would have bored the typical RWC crowd.

At this point, he decided to come out to the ring and make an announcement, in English, of which nations the RWC would be visiting and the main events of those shows. While he had done everything he could to arrange an arena in Felix for a show headlined by Nova Hellstrom facing Lucia, he had found that few arenas in Felix were interested in allowing him to incite a riot by putting on that main event in their country. Mr. Sagese entered the ring and began to speak. The Taiyouese half of the crowd went silent while the Republicans made all kinds of noise. He waited for the servicemen to quiet down and began his announcement, ignoring the crowd reaction.

Mr. Sagese - First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for selling out the Sumo Arena here in Tohoko. This tour has already been successful and I hope all of you will be back for WrestleCade in the Tohoko Dome. This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of the largest wrestling event of all time, which will be held in stadiums in 5 cities this year throughout the FFR and the Colonies. However, I am not out here right now to talk about my greatest creation, well besides the RWC of course, but rather I am out here to announce 2 upcoming dates on our tour. We will be visiting Yttribia, where Perrin Dupuis will headline the show by defending his Interfederational Championship against the challenge of Malcon Vela inside of a 15-foot-high steel cage! We will also be bringing first-rate professional wrestling to the Northern Sunrise Islands, a hot wrestling market that has unfortunately had inferior wrestling action until now. The NSI crowd will get a huge double main event as the Grim Reaper battles the winner of tonight's match involving the Burger Brothers in a ladder match for the World Title and Nova Hellstrom battles Lucia for the Women's Title! I hope to have upcoming shows to announce soon. For more details, visit RWC.co.republica.

The show would continue, but that will have to wait until tomorrow's RP...

OOC: Both NSI and Yttribia requested a show via TG and if you ask, you shall receive.
Last edited by Noburu Taiyou on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now fully independent former Esportivan colony of the Federation of Free Republics

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:58 pm

The Puma Blog
Written by Steve Anginety

I have a lot to catch up on. First off, I will fill you in on what happened in the Nui Hanai game. We actually broke our six game losing streak by getting a draw. The score was 1-1 with Rogerz making the only goal and Cruz with the assist. If any person who didn't know about the Pumas looked at the result, they would think that the Pumas played poorly, considering thay Nui Hanai was unranked. Of course, they are right, but by Puma standards they did good.

Next I will tell you about an even better game for the Pumas. Sure they lost against Swyftlandre, but they are ranked no. 8 in Esportiva. Also, it was only by one goal; a final score of 5-4. Goals were made by Adams, Finch, and Cruz, with Finch scoring two. Assists were made by Riff and two from Rio (Adams scored on a free kick). However, our defence played poor and McGary threatened some of the defenders that if they didn't shape up, that he would bench some of them. However, for now the lineup will stay much the same as it was at the beginning. Sadly, my suspicion was confirmed that James Wampler suffered a torn ACL and will be out the rest of the Compionato Esportiva IX.

Without further waiting... err.. something like that... I give you the starting lineup:

LF: Dwayne Rogerz

CF: Leo Cruz

RF: Ian Adams

LOMF: Sam Finch

ROMF: Yussoud Riff

LDMF: Fill Rio

RDMF: Joseph Conn

LFB: Rob Boter

CFB: Erick Garyson

RFB: Jennifer Woodruf

GK: Garr Bricker
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:51 pm

The Sunrise was once again heading to an undefined score, a tie against group punching bag, Chun-nan. Players such as Yuiran sisters and all around laughing stock Gna Am, taking his shirt off for the first time to try to defensive midfielder Nagashibato and getting his common yellow card in a scene of Fan Disservice. Nagashibato, completely grossed out, left the pitch, thus bringing back a little friend of ours.

69' - NORTHERN SUNRISE ISLANDS
IN - STARFOX #17
OUT - NAGASHIBATO #25

While Starfox's skills have always been considered reliable, Kylx had been looking for changes. The uprising Kimiki, doing wonders season in, season out at Mytannion was slowly becoming too big to ignore and the crowds started to request changes on the line-up. Not only for the reliable Starfox, but also for other unusable pieces on the squad. But unlike McFlemming, who was already starting to look at retirement and Duda, whose age should start to snap in soon; Starfox was still around and up for the challenge. How could they go against him?

Know I've done wrong
Left your hearts torn
Is that what the crowd do?
Didn't do enough
Where all that promise go?
I fail to represent the pride in you

As the red and white shoes with the always classy Vulpine logo fiercely looking to the front of the shoes, emulating movement, Starfox looked around. The ball was close to the feet of Gna Am, who looked ever so focused (and with a shirt, thankfully) on the objective of scoring. McCloud knew that if he wanted to stay at the Vaporeons regularly, he'd have to outdo Kimiki. And this match should be the starting point of his revival as a Vaporeon.

Now I'm rising from the bench
Rising up to you
Nowhere near of a flinch
For the Vaporeons, there's no "can't do"

He sprinted through the pitch, suddenly to the point where you could imagine he was flying. Like a glorious Starfox Arwing through the skies of Lylat City, once again to protect the land from the forces of outside. And as a Starfox Arwing, he attacked. A swift sliding tackle to knock the ball out of the feet, rising from the ground as fast as a Sommersault done by those winged legends and with almost no loss of speed, Starfox ran through the pitch once again, looking at the goalie, confident that he would start something new with that.

I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?

As he noted the Yuiran sisters trying to block Starfox's progress; Tom rolled the ball to the left, catching the ball with his other foot, twisting his own body as a roulette flip, outsmarting Yi. As he noted Mi, the other half of the Yuiran sisters heading for a sliding tackle, Starfox leaped with the ball between his feet, showing a complete mastery of ballhandling that made some of the Sunrisians so famous. The Starfox Arwing was flying once again, over the legs of Mi Yuiran.

Now I'm rising from the ground
Rising up to you
Filled with all the strength I found
There's nothing I can't do

Rushing as fast as he could, Starfox soon found himself on a crossway. With almost the entire team circling him and full confidence that he had to be the one to save the day, Starfox looked around to find Sunrisian-born Suzumiya getting closer to him. Starfox somehow found a way to leap with the ball, touching it with the heel of one of his feet, lifting the ball over the head of Suzumiya to progress. A majestic "Rainbow Flip", as the Sunrisians mentioned.

I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?

With his eyes focused and some teammates requesting the ball, Starfox continued to be ambitious. Speeding past Na Lha and ZaoKen, McCloud could already see Park Tsaotuan, slightly scared by Starfox's fierce look. Only desiring for a goal, while almost nothing could stop him. But then... one couldn't let him to do that, Starfox. Lin Sainty slided with full intention of taking him down, hopefully injuring his right leg in the process.

I told you once,
I will rise again
do this again
do this again

I told you once,
I will rise again
do this again
do this again

As the referee signaled a penalty kick and a red card for Sainty, Júnior Mardinho was already preparing to kick, waiting for Starfox to get up. However, Starfox wanted to make this, his chance. McCloud got up, looking at Mardinho. "Let me kick it."

I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
I need to know now
Know now
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?
Can you love me again?

The crowd went wild as the ball hit the back of the net. The galaxy wasn't saved yet, but one battle was finished. And on a high note.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Old Guard
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Guard » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 am

Sparks of Revolution - Part Three

Part One
Part Two

The International Post

There are scenes of utter desolation today in Oldem as one or a number of explosives went off in Wharf Street, triggering a nationwide panic and causing the Old Guard to be called out. It is thought that at least 28 people have died with up to 400 more in hospital, many in a critical condition. It is not known yet whether this attack is part of a greater plan, or more of a one-off strike. Either way, the police are keen to find the perpetrators and see them justly punished for one of the worst peace time incidents in our nations history.

The entirety of Oldem and nearby Tellabocari is today under curfew, with anyone outside their homes after 10pm liable to arrest, and if they do not comply with the police and Old Guard, then they have permission to open fire. The seriousness of this situation cannot be overstressed....

King Reuben the First was sat in his study, in the Royal Palace, to the North of Oldem, and he could see the smoke still rising from the large area which had been bombed in Oldem. One of his aides, John the True opened the sweeping door to the study, causing Reuben to jump. He settled down when he saw who it was.

"My Lord, it is imperative that we get you out of the palace, and somewhere safe," he began, before Reuben interrupted.

"Out of the question. I'm staying here." John sighed, before continuing,

"I'm afraid Sir, that staying here would be the worst possible thing you could do. Whoever did this is probably protesting against the current system of government, and therefore that probably makes you the next target. We have to leave, as soon as possible." Reuben still looked unsure, but nodded slowly.

"Very well, give me a moment to pack my things." John reversed back out of the door, and was shortly joined by King Reuben. He nodded quickly, and walked towards the front of the Palace and down the steps of the main drive. On either side of the steps and in the permanent gun turrets on the roof of the palace, members of the Old Guard stood on watch, keeping an eye out. A Range rover was at the bottom of the steps, and King Reuben got in. In the front seat, his butler, Charlfont the Buttled sat, and John the True climbed in besides him. They left the main drive quickly, and just before leaving, another Range rover, filled with more Old Guar pulled out in front of them. John turned to Reuben as they drove.

"We are heading to a house in the hills, just North of Once Lost. Amadeus, Anne and Adam will join you there, if its possible, I have men assessing their safety as we speak We are also going to swap cars once we reach the outskirts of Oldem, just to throw any followers off the scent.

Skar entered the downtown district of Oldem, close to where the explosions had happened. He was accompanied by 12 armed men, spread across the street. Two members of the Old Guard crossed the street ahead of him, and were instantly shot down by Skar's bodyguards. They reached the Office of the King, Reuben's place of work inside Oldem. The receptionist was held at gunpoint, before being gagged and tied to a chair in a broom cupboard. The door was locked, and guarded by two men, while two more stood at the upstairs windows, guns pointing out.

Skar reached Reuben's main office, and surveyed the surroundings. A large desk in the centre of the room, with a computer perched on top, along with a heap of papers and various pictures of his family. Skar sat down and smiled to himself. He turned to Jacob who had followed him in.

"Have the equipment brought up." Jacob nodded and hastily moved outside the room, to call for the mass of computers and screens to be brought from the current operating centre to the Office of the King. As he went, he heard Skar called him back,

"Start finding Reuben as well, they'll have moved him. I'm guessing to somewhere in the mountains."
Last edited by Old Guard on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of & county within Apox

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:29 am

Kirola. The Breakfast of Champions.

This was what the storefront boasted when FA Sangti personnel went around some kit manufacturers. The avantgarde kit designs that the company convinced then chairman Jerous Almirante to make a kit deal for three World Cup cycles. The result was a yellow kit splashed with black in a trademark One-SIx Two design by Kirola, and a red and blue hooped One-SIx-Two for the away kit.

Image Image
The very first Sangti kit; produced by the amazing Kirola sportswear.

It was one of the snazziest kits that Kirola produced over the years; updates were made the next edition, with the insistence of the chairman, after FA Sangti updated their logo, along with hope that they would make the cut in the 66th edition, with Audioslavia and The Inevitable Syndicate hosting. The shade of yellow was updated, with the nation supplying the shade of yellow that graced the kits beginning the Campionato Esportuva VII up to the qualifiers of the current edition.

Sangti kits in updated shade of yellow; produced by the amazing Kirola sportswear.

With the KPMB taking over football operations in the country, their badges replaced the FAS badge that was embroidered into the kits ever since the inception of Barangayan football over the years. The same kits bore the new logo and was used in the Di Bradini Cup 30 and the qualifiers of the Campionato Esportiva IX:

ImageImage
The Royal Barangay kits; produced by the amazing Kirola sportswear

The new KPMB chief, Pedrito Mariano, sought a new kit order for The Royal Barangay: contrary to usual kits, the new kit will be designed as simple and classic as possible, with yellow and black gracing the new home kit. The away kit will now be black, with three-colored diagonal lines in the shirt. The KPMB still plan to use the red and blue hoop kit as a third kit, suppose their current kits clash colors with other nations, specifically those who don yellow and black together in either stripes, hoops, halves, etc.

The kits will be officially released after the Agilang Dilaw makes their return from San Jose Guayabal. They will gun for their fourth straight victory after defeating Felix 3-1 in StadiumSangti. John Utanes and Adrian Magcaleng scored one goal each at their first start together since ages, while Marvick Bataller scored late in injury time to end the Pheonixes hopes of beating the Agilang DIlaw on home territory. Simo Roni scored for Felix at the fifteenth minute.

But one question remain. Why is the Kirola name very famous in the multiverse?

TRB 3 FEL 1
TRB: Magcaleng 35', Utanes 66', Bataller 90+2'
FEL: Roni 15'

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:01 am

Let's get the second half of qualifiers going, shall we?

Cutoff for MD4 for all groups bar Group 9, which will be cutoff by Buyan in just about...

Buyan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Buyan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:02 am

... now!
From Some Village

Sangti
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:20 am

MATCHDAY 4

Group 1
German American States 2–0 Dandillis
Tasrailia 1–1 Nexxus Drako

Group 1                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 German American States 4 3 0 1 8 4 +4 9
2 Dandillis 4 3 0 1 4 3 +1 9
3 Tasrailia 4 1 1 2 4 6 −2 4
4 Nexxus Drako 4 0 1 3 5 8 −3 1

Group 2
Old Guard 1–0 Ati Kaluraya
Nekoni 0–1 Paradystopia

Group 2                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Paradystopia 4 4 0 0 4 0 +4 12
2 Old Guard 4 2 1 1 2 1 +1 7
3 Nekoni 4 1 0 3 2 4 −2 3
4 Ati Kaluraya 4 0 1 3 1 4 −3 1

Group 3
Earo 4–1 Chun-nan
Northern Sunrise Islands 1–0 Noburu Taiyou

Group 3                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 4 3 0 1 5 2 +3 9
2 Earo 4 3 0 1 11 7 +4 9
3 Noburu Taiyou 4 2 0 2 4 4 0 6
4 Chun-nan 4 0 0 4 3 10 −7 0

Group 4
Estope 5–3 Chiata
Swyftlandre 4–0 Nui Hanai

Group 4                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Swyftlandre 4 3 1 0 11 4 +7 10
2 Estope 4 2 2 0 8 5 +3 8
3 Nui Hanai 4 0 2 2 3 9 −6 2
4 Chiata 4 0 1 3 8 12 −4 1

Group 5
OldsBuickstan and Pontiac 0–2 Royal East America
Uitbregen 6–2 Taijan

Group 5                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Uitbregen 4 3 1 0 19 11 +8 10
2 Taijan 4 2 1 1 16 11 +5 7
3 Royal East America 4 2 0 2 11 12 −1 6
4 OldsBuickstan and Pontiac 4 0 0 4 6 18 −12 0

Group 6
Apox 2–1 Boring Paradise
Eristicea 3–0 Yttribia

Group 6                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Apox 4 4 0 0 8 2 +6 12
2 Eristicea 4 2 0 2 12 10 +2 6
3 Boring Paradise 4 1 1 2 7 8 −1 4
4 Yttribia 4 0 1 3 6 13 −7 1

Group 7
The Licentian Isles 1–0 Brenecia
Kazamatsuri 0–2 Buyan

Group 7                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Licentian Isles 4 3 0 1 6 1 +5 9
2 Brenecia 4 2 1 1 2 1 +1 7
3 Buyan 4 2 0 2 3 3 0 6
4 Kazamatsuri 4 0 1 3 0 6 −6 1

Group 8
The Sarian 2–2 Sakhovelo
Slembanana 1–0 The Glorious Commune

Group 8                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Slembanana 4 3 1 0 13 8 +5 10
2 The Glorious Commune 4 2 0 2 8 7 +1 6
3 The Sarian 4 1 2 1 10 9 +1 5
4 Sakhovelo 4 0 1 3 3 10 −7 1

Group 9 (scorinated by Buyan)
Felix 1–1 Blackclyffe
San Jose Guayabal 0–1 The Royal Barangay

Group 9                   Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Royal Barangay 4 4 0 0 8 3 +5 12
2 Felix 4 1 2 1 5 6 −1 5
3 San Jose Guayabal 4 1 0 3 6 8 −2 3
4 Blackclyffe 4 0 2 2 2 4 −2 2

Group 10
Albaie 3–2 Texacano
Chrovan 5–2 Gloriax

Group 10                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Albaie 4 3 0 1 12 8 +4 9
2 Texacano 4 3 0 1 11 7 +4 9
3 Chrovan 4 2 0 2 10 9 +1 6
4 Gloriax 4 0 0 4 5 14 −9 0

Nexxus Drako
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexxus Drako » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:44 am

MD4: Tasrailia 1–1 Nexxus Drako
'90+2 Jez Zmyve

Group 1 Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 German American States 4 3 0 1 8 4 +4 9
2 Dandillis 4 3 0 1 4 3 +1 9
3 Tasrailia 4 1 1 2 4 6 −2 4
4 Nexxus Drako 4 0 1 3 5 8 −3 1

The Nexxus Drako Age

Kent Joseph's Column

We may be out of the CE, but we certainly showed some guts in the away match with Tasralia!

In injury time, right on the twilight of the match, we took a massive risk, Kody Dell sent the keeper way forward into the opposing penalty box for a corner, as it was so late in the game.

Jez Zmyve, the female dracon, the only one of her combination of gender and species, headed the ball beautifully and scored.

This show of guts, determination and risk, has put Kody into the spotlight, and he has announced that he will step down as NDFA President after giving himself a contract for the next 2 world cups, on the condition that we don't fail miserably.

The new NDFA president is Ian Gorton, who will be taking on all admin duties as well as commissioner of the national league system and cup.

In UICA news, Drako Dragons got all the way to the Qualifying round of the Globe Cup, a massive effort.

Signing off.

Sidestory

OOC: This might be a bit dark, so I've spoilered it for your own safety.

Geoff Berry.

That was the name of the attempted suicide bomber that nearly destroyed Telas Town Hall.

His interrogation had revealed the location of his cell, who he was working for, and why they were rebelling. To put it simply, it was a human supremacist group, who wanted all non-humans dead or enslaved. They called themselves the Human Overlords.

Of course, their main mission was to destroy Nexxus Drako, the dracon that is. And they had failed, the cell had been busted and all of them killed.

Geoff sat in the torture room, awaiting his fate.

Agent Welemz, a greed male dracon, who Geoff had despised and falsely believe was acting on speciesist grounds, walked into the torture room, and smiled menacingly at Geoff.

"So, quick and painless, or slow and painful? You have no rights, so I'll make it as slow and painful as possible." said the agent in a menacing voice.

Agent Welemz then proceeded to slowly chop off the fingers and toes of Geoff, then work his way up from those limbs at a slow pace until eventually, Geoff died from blood loss.

After Geoff's death, Agent Welemz then picked up the pieces of human flesh from the floor and put them into a meat grinder, to be served as dog food.

Soon after, Nexxus walked into the NDIA headquarters.

"What is the status of Geoff?" he asked.

"He's dog food now" said Agent Welemz, who laughed menacingly.

"Dog food? I thought I explicitly denied that, he was to be cremated and his ashes dumped in the ocean." said Nexxus angrily.

Agent Welemz then smiled as if nothing was wrong, and said "So?"

Nexxus then pulled out a gun, and blasted Agent Welemz in the head, chunks of flesh and blood flew everywhere.

"Insubordination by an intelligence agent is punishable by death. Consider that your punishment" retorted Nexxus, who walked out.
Tracker | IIWiki
RP Population: ~250 million
Tech: Modern
Species: 58% Human, 42% Dracon
Leader: President Matthew Parker
Capital City: Drako City
KPB Football Rank - 83Rd (10.51)
IBC Basketball Rank: 13th (8.27)
UICA Rank: 63rd (7.629)
FARF Rank: 1st (22.69)
Host: FARF ARCC
Winner: None
Runner-Up: WHS 1
3rd Place: The Yttribian Open 1
4th Place: Beltane Cup 1 & 2
Founder of FARF (Australian Rules)
Like Australian Rules Football? Wanna have your league go for glory on the international stage? Enter the FARF ARCC today!
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.79

Commune-PDTv2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Commune-PDTv2 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:03 am

I'm late ... late, late, late.

Dammit

I have what they want though. It's okay. Calm, breathe. Close eyes.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... Ok. Enough microsleeping for now. Goat and Spit, or is it Goat on Spit. Think, think, think. Come on! All the streets look the same ... I can't handle this.

I must've reached the 100 hour mark by now. Maybe I passed it long ago. Can't remember much before the Commune. In the Commune. Fuck. I'm not going to forget that for the rest of my life. Maybe. I don't know. Maybe I was hallucinating?

Pulse, erratic. It's like a samba clave rhythm. That's a bad sign surely ... however, the steady throbbing from my cranium suggests my heart is steady. I can't handle this.

Is this it?

Kafir Alley, check. Number 42? No number ... damn, damn, damn.

I really wish that streetlight would stop looking at me funny. Seriously, fuck off man! Shit, I'm talking to a lamp-post.

Aspirin. Make that two. Swallow, close eyes.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ... Okay, let's do this thing ...

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 am

The tavern door swung open with such force that everyone within the darkened, smoky room looked to their visitor.

Silhouetted against the glow from the streetlight stood a bedraggled figure. Panting, his eyes darted about the room with the expression of a small animal caught between the headlights of an oncoming car. Despite a thick coat to defend against the icy chill of the outside world, his build was slender. Tufts of greasy hair jutted haphazardly from beneath a large woolen cap and a fluffy stained scarf crept up over his chin. The skin of his gaunt cheeks was pox-marked with the tiny scabs of a careless shaver whilst the cuts about his spindly fingers told of a clumsy demeanor in most aspects of his life.

His eyes met with those of the podgy, bearded man and he scurried over like a panicked spider.

"Hi. Hello. Am I late? Shit. I couldn't find the place. I ... I mean ..."
"Relax man. You're here now."
"Ok ... fuck, I'm late ... Dammit, shit. Calm, calm, breathe."
"Do you have it?"
"It? What? Oh yes! Yes! I got it. It's bad ... bad, bad, bad though. You don't want it. Trust me. Shit!"

The woman leaned in eagerly, partly as a natural reaction to her interests, partly to keep up with the rapid babble of the Insomniac.

"We'll be the judge of that ... We've worked long and hard to reach this point. Scheduling everything to coincide with the Campionato Esportiva, allowing you to sneak into the Commune as a travelingfan of The Sarian. So let's just do this transaction and ... "
"Ha ... No ... Cannot."
"What?"
"Had to keep it in a safe place. Hard to acquire. Bad, bad ... I can't handle it man. I can't!"

A flicker of anger crossed the plump face of the bearded man

"So where is it!?"
"Safe ... but ... fuck ... "

The Insomniac tapped feverishly at his forehead. The woman spoke up.

"Are you blackmailing us, you little worm?"
"No! No ... fuck ... He's in here. You know, cerebral graphing? ... importing information upon biological tissues ... It's in my fucking head! He's in HERE!"
"He?"

The deranged man nodded whilst continuing to point at his head. The seated pair looked to each other. There was an awkward silence. Taking a long pull on his joint the bearded man spoke.

"I don't follow you. The plan was that you obtain the codes to Muskul'Nuul. We release the inmates onto the Commune and provoke a revolution. The Sigismunds have controlled our Glorious Country for far too long. I'm sure agreements can be made with Paradystopi, Apoxian and other major Esportivan officials to support the rebels. End the tyranny and make the Glorious Commune a true beacon of scientific advancement in the region."
"What?! Fuck. No! No, no, no ... You don't know what lurks within those walls ... I've seen it. It's in my fucking head right now. He's in my fucking head! It's getting worse, I can't control it. I can't handle it."
"We had a deal, Lucius!"
"Screw the deal! If you want to do what's best you'll kill me now and make a life for yourself here. Forget about the Commune. Really!"

The Insomniac was perspiring visibly, and his fingers were white from grasping the table. He looked from face to face of his co-conspirators. The man was unimpressed, the woman a little fearful. Without warning and with surprising speed, the bearded man struck Lucius squared upon the nose with his elbow and the gaunt figure crumbled like a sand sculpture ended on the floor in an unconscious heap. No other person in the room even reacted. Everyone knew the ignorance was always the best policy inside the Goat on Spit. Tentatively, the woman reached down to check the man's pulse.

"He's alive."
"Then the plan goes ahead. My car is waiting out the back. Grab his legs and let's get out of here."
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Blackclyffe
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackclyffe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Kit awoke after what seemed to be several hours, with sore joints and a pounding headache. Remembering his brief military training, he remained absolutely still, listening out for any sounds that might indicate as to where he was. There was television on in the distance. It was a gameshow, someone was about to win $200,000. There was faint birdsong also, from outside the space, as it was muffled by what he assumed were walls or windows. He was lying on a soft surface which cradled his sore limbs.

After 20 minutes, he decided enough was enough and decided to open his eyes. The ceiling was whitewashed, with a small brown stain in the far corner. There was a ceiling fan, unused for a long time, judging by the layers of caked dust on the blades. He cocked his head to the side to get a proper view of the room. There was a sofa against the wall, with various framed pictures of the same couple in front of various tourist attractions. There was a bookshelf, sparsely occupied with books. The carpet he was lying on was thick and deep, and seemed to cover the entire room. On his other side was an old box TV, like the ones from the 70s, another chair in the same style of the sofa and a table with a radio and a stack of unruly glossy magazines.

Kit eased himself up onto his knees, his head still spinning. He felt inside his pocket for the packet of gum which never left his person. He took three pieces, and began to chew them all. It calmed him down. He slowly stood up and began to adjust to his new surroundings. There was a solitary window beside the table, and he moved towards. Outside was a typical suburban scene: single small car, perfectly trimmed green grass, a pair of recliner chairs and a table with a jug of lemonade and two empty glasses on it. The other houses on the block were all similar, whitewashed walls in the same 70s style.

The door from the room was ajar, and Kit slowly opened it more, allowing himself to squeeze through. The main area of the house was much as he expected: red stone floors with erratically placed tables and chairs. There was a shoe rack with old style shoes, no-one wore white loafers like the three pairs present in the rack nowadays.

"Hello?" Kit called "Is anybody here?"

No response. He called again, but to the same answer. Silence. He tried one of the doors leading another room. It was locked. He tried two more and found the same result. The front door too was locked. He was about to return to the room he'd woken up in when a noise caught his attention. It was like a low grumbling, but it wasn't human. It was coming from the last door, the one he hadn't tried. He pushed at it and it creaked open with some resistance. This room was much smaller than the other, and appeared to be a washing room. There was a drier and washing machine, as well as ironing board and piles of clothes. In the corner was a dog basket, and in it, nibbling on its thigh, was a small, brown daschund.

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:05 pm

He hated Newfoundland and Advaria. They were so god damn hot. Every time he came here with the team he made sure to be wearing his lightest suit but even then it was too hot. Today it was even worse as he was wearing uniform. Yes it was desert dress uniform but even still sweat clung to him like a force field. He heard a large roar from below and looked down to see the 17th Newfoundland Guard break through the enemy right. He heard a cheer to his left and turned to see his brothers General Staff already celebrating. Even though they would all receive great honors from this day he didn't envy them in imperial dress uniform as was standard procedure and the only one who didn't look uncomfortable was his brother. Field Marshall Duke Michael Deberen Lord Protector of Dubrack's Town and Lord Govenor of Newfoundland had just finished scribbling out a note and had passed it to a aide and then watched as the man tore down the hill on a desert horse. His brother looked the role of a Field Marshall in his self designed white uniform with red trimmings and silver braid to show that he was still but a servant of the Emperor and not a member of the Imperial Family. There was another great roar from the battle field which brought him back to it and he saw the enemy army fleeing across trying to reach the safety of their heavy armor. He knew what was going to happen but even he flinched when it happened. Their battle tanks of the enemy army erupted into a cloud of flames and then his brother Vincent's force rode from their hidden point on the far side of the battle field and burst through the flames with their swords and lances taken vengeance to the rebels. He looked back to the General Staff who forgot their discomfort and burst into celebrations but his brother grimaced and it seemed like that the two sons of Vincent Deberen The Elder were the only men on the hill to remember that they were fighting their fellow brethren. His brother rode over to him.

" The road to Advaria is open now I take it you will be leaving me soon. " Duke Michael said and despite having just won what would be one of the greatest battles of the war as it broke the Peasant Liberation Army's hold over Leifson-Newfoundland and he had just won the Empire's largest oil fields thanks to Vincent's force of what seemed like demons after their crushing part in the victory.

" I will be leaving soon I guess i'm running out of time to get this team back together. " He replied with a sad look on his face.

" Well I wish you luck. " Michael finished shaking his brother's hand then tuning and riding into the valley to survey the scene. Mark wondered why it wasn't men like Michael that were in charge of all the Imperium yes the Emperor was very much like Michael these days but it was his old ways that had caused this war and many of the generals on either side had seemingly forgotten that they shared bonds of friendship with the enemy and now only concerned with murder.

" Mark Deberen what brings you to this part of the world ? " Mark heard a heavily accented English voice and spun round to see a group of three Advar each one in traditional dress but with rifles slung over their shoulders. He sensed he knew the leading one.

" Elecki Queb is that you? " He replied and the leading Advar removed the clasp from his headscarf and smiled as the two recognized their old friend after many a year.

" Aye it is and I do actually know your reason to be here. I say this. I will play for you as long as our people's wars stop and that when your petty civil war ends that my people gain more respect and rights in your society. " Elecki said and Mark was taken back by how he knew this when only a few knew of the Emperor's terms.

" Well then we have a deal but how did you get here I was at my brother's meeting when they set up the patrols? " He asked in amazement.

" Me and my men are Advar it is only to be expected. I'll see you in two days in Liefson. " He replied and then there was a shout in the other distance and Mark spun round to see a man getting back up after falling from his horse but when he turned round Queb and his men were gone.
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports