NATION

PASSWORD

Sixteenth World Lacrosse Championships - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Sixteenth World Lacrosse Championships - Everything Thread

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 am

Welcome to the Licentian Islands, host nation of the Sixteenth World Lacrosse Championships !!

The Licentian Islands are lacrosse-mad; it is the second largest sport on the Islands, only behind football. Having previously hosted numerous international tournaments, the authorities are well drilled to deal with the thousands of tourists that will swamp this nation of only five and a half million people, and the Licentian people are known as some of the most welcoming in Esportiva, so expect a fantastic experience when visiting this friendly, beautiful nation steeped in history, both sporting and otherwise.

Now let's get down to the real business !!

Schedule:
28th June - Group Draw Posted
30th June - First Matchday
1st July - Second Matchday
2nd July - Third Matchday
3rd July - Off Day
4th July - Off Day
5th July - Round of 16
6th July - Quarter Finals
7th July - Semi Finals
8th July - Third Place Playoff
9th July - Final

Group Draw:

Group 1:

Qazox
The United Regions
Sarzonia
The Serbian Empire

Group 2:

Paradystopia
Torisakia
Levivania
Kriegiersien

Group 3:

The Licentian Islands
Slembana
Shilston
Phalnia

Group 4:

Kingdom of Costa Luna
Thatius
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Swibia

Group 5:

Towson
Indo-Pasif Archipelago
The Kytler Peninsulae
Delaclava

Group 6:

Schmiegelland
Darmen
The Fair Republic
Mapletish

Group 7:

Saintland
Carasatoga
Shadowbourne
Britanno

Group 8:

Sicoutimont
Chiata
Soviet Canuckistan
West Guiana

Matchday 1 - 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3
Matchday 2 - 4 vs 3, 1 vs 2
Matchday 3 - 2 vs 4, 3 vs 1

My cutoffs will be around 4pm BST, which is 3pm UTC, 11am Eastern, or 1am Sydney time. If they need to be moved at any point, I will let you know via the thread well in advance.

You are now welcome to post rosters, RPs, and all that kind of thing. If any players new to NS Sports or lacrosse in general need any hints and tips regarding RPing, roster-writing, or the rules of the sport, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me; my telegram box is always open. Good luck, be sure sacrifice your rubber chickens, and, most importantly of all, enjoy !!
Last edited by Licentiapacisterra on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 am

Welcome to the Licentian Islands !!

You have arrived in a nation that is lacrosse crazy. Despite football being the majority sport, near enough every one of the nation's six million people will tune in when the Island Championships or World Lacrosse Championships are on. Thousands of neutral fans will be at each game, and will be cheering alongside the other fans, even if the Cyan-and-Gold aren't in action.

When you aren't inside one of the four grounds hosting games during the tournament, you will be visiting one of the most friendly and beautiful nations in Esportiva. Each of the four parishes has something different to offer. Montfort is the nation's cosmopolitan capital, and its namesake parish also holds the beautiful white sand beaches of Garton Bay. Abingdon is charmingly rural, and a hotbed of Celtic culture, while Colesham Parish has many pretty seaside towns, with watersports very popular. St Bart's Parish, the outlying islands, are famous for rallying on Hessington Island, and hiking on St Bart's and St Thomas' Cove.

Now let's take a look at the stadia for this tournament.

Luke Thomas I Stadium, Montfort, Montfort Parish - 75,000 capacity (all seated):
The national stadium for both lacrosse and football, LTI Stadium, in the heart of Montfort, is a famous stadium. It has hosted many different finals, along with athletics tournaments and the annual Island Championship play-offs. It is easily converted into a lacrosse pitch after football games, but organisers don't have to worry about turnaround; the football leagues are off for the summer break, so lacrosse is the only sport in the stadium. It will host games from Groups A and B, along with games from each knockout round, including the final.

Coliseum of the Gaels, Abingdon, Abingdon Parish - 42,000 capacity (15,500 seated):
Set in Abingdon's predominantly Gaelic East End, the Coliseum is the other football stadium adapted for lacrosse hosting games in the WLC, along with LTI Stadium. It is known for fiery protests during previous tournaments that the Islands have hosted, but it is expected that rowdy football fans will stay away, and the calmer lacrosse fans will welcome tourists as well as those in any other city. It will host games from Groups C and D, along with games from each knockout round, including the third place playoff.

The Raceground, Hessington Island, St Bart's Parish - 38,500 capacity (35,000 seated):
The Raceground, as the name suggests, is very close to Hessington's famous race courses, with the rally course set just behind the stadium. The stadium has been built especially to host the Championships, and Hessington LC will move into the ground after the tournament, replacing an old ground of the same name. It will host games from Groups E and F, along with games in the knockout rounds up to the semi finals.

Farnworth Municipal Stadium, Farnworth, Colesham Parish - 36,000 capacity (30,000 seated):
An old fashioned stadium owned by Farnworth Council, the stadium, host to Farnworth LC for fifteen years, will be holding its last lacrosse games before converting to a football ground; after the demise of Farnworth LC, there was no profitability in keeping the ground in a lacrosse setup, despite the complaints from the local people. It will host games from Groups G and H, along with games in the knockout rounds up to the semi finals.
Last edited by Licentiapacisterra on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Paradystopia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradystopia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:56 pm

(ooc: gonna get my roster up now while I still remember ... )

"Coach ... err ... can we have a word?"
"Sure lads. What's troubling you?"
"Well coach. It's the amendments you've made to the lacrosse team sheet."
"Really? What's wrong with it?"
"Nearly everything ... "

Starting X:
GK: 'Peanut Butter Jelly Time' Mogro Gnoff #1
DF: 'The Numa Numa Guy' Bolo Kogg snr. #2
DF: 'Dancing Baby' Qahlebh Sgufh #3
DF: 'Nyan Cat' Hari Zjtjr #12
MD: 'Dramatic Chipmunk' Gav d'Gobo #5
MD: 'Lolcat' Vhalrhi Ooddes #6
MD: 'Badger Badger Badger' Faust Djastro #7
FW: 'Grumpy Cat' Mogro Dimp #8
FW: 'Harlem Shake' Qahlebh d'Puu #9
FW: 'Charlie the Unicorn' Bolo Kogg jnr. #15

Reserves:
GK: 'Rickroll' Kjn Zalfasti #11
DF: 'Chocolate Rain' Booch Dimp #4
DF: 'Ain't nobody got time for that' Bolo Freghegg #13
MD: 'Downfall' Ross Carpet #16
FW: 'Condescending Willy Wonka' Lewys vol'de Goff'Kinshis #10

"Why do we all have these bizarre nicknames?"
"Whoa guys. Is that what this is about? I thought you'd like it. It's all the rage. It's hip and happenin' dudes. Don't be squares homeys."
" ... Please never talk like that ever again ... "
"It's internet comedy. I've given the team a makeover. Everyone knows that we suck at lacrosse so why not have fun with it?"
"That's not the point. Surely you should be coaching us, making us better so as we can challenge the world."
"What? I don't know shizzle about lacrizzle."
"Please stop ... Really ... Please ... We already have the embarrassment of playing with children's fishing nets and copper saucepans for helmets and now you want us to adopt ridiculous monikers?"
"That's the plan batman"
"Who is batman?"
"I dunno but it sounds cool!"
"There's also the matter of the kit and logo ... "
"Awww C'mon! That logo is priceless!"

"'Teh derps'? What the fuck does that even mean?!"
"I dunno, but the picture looks funny ... look at his silly face!"
"We want to take this seriously coach, it's a world cup! You're making it very difficult for us to gain any sort of credibility."
"Whatevs dude. The kids'll love this! It's proper fresh."
" ... I hate you."
"Haters jus' be hatin'"
"FUCKING STOP ALREADY!!"

RP Permissions:
Anything and Everything: Y
Last edited by Paradystopia on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ðe Pantiſsokratik Mayrittoghraſye of Paradyſtopia
Demonyme: Paradyſtopi
Capittel Sitee:Newetoun
Baysed y': Eſporteve (Esportiva)

Officially the NSRB's Vulgar Person, or whatever 'VP' means ...

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:30 pm

The roster for the four-time champion Stars is as follows:

If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmode scoring events: N
RP injuries: N
Godmode injuries: N
Eject/Penalize players: N
Godmode "other" events: N
Style: 0 (balanced between attack-minded and defensive)
Home grounds: Franz Braddock Stadium in Woodstock, capacity 35,000.
Please note: This team is renowned for its fair play. If you attack first, it will retaliate, but it will not initiate a fight.

OOC: I RP using real time in most of my RPs, so the players have only aged the two years-plus it's been IRL since the last Sarzonian victory in the World Lacrosse Championships.

Head coach/offensive coordinator: Mike Sandusky (53). Sandusky is standing in as head coach since Harold Price announced he would not come back to coach again. Sandusky was named offensive coordinator for the Woodstock Wave four years ago and led that team to a league leading 21.2 goals per game offense.
Defensive coordinator: Alan Lindsey (45).
Goaltenders Coach: Dave Peeters (48). Serves in the same role for the Portland Thorns. He was the only coach on the Thorns staff retained by Davies after tapes showed the defence leaked like a sieve.

Roster: (No., Name, Team, Height, Weight. Starters in BOLD.)

Goalkeepers
18 Mark Tomscik, (Wave), 5-foot-10, 165 pounds. Tomsick, 27, is entrenched as the starter after replacing the retired Craig Larrabie and winning a championship. He makes up for relative lack of height with strong reflexes.
30 Carly McKnight, (free agent), 5-foot-7, 125 pounds. Another short netminder, the 25-year-old McKnight beat out several more experienced goalies for the backup position to Tomscik. She plays angles well and can read shooters and studies their tendencies.

Defence
2 Dane Tarrabba (Wilmington Sharks) 5-foot-11, 157 pounds. Tarraba, 29, is one of the more tenacious defenders on the Sarzonia roster. He led the Sharks to a championship victory previously and led his team to the semifinals this time.
5 Paul Landry (Nicksia Nighthawks) 6-foot-2, 205 pounds. Landry's 27 years old and fast, but he's also very physical. He's often matched up against the opposing team's best attackman and often dispenses beatings.
8 Bill Harbour (Rypien Rough Riders) 5-10, 155 pounds. Alternate captain. Perhaps the best all-around athlete on the Slash, Harbour often gives up height to his opponents, but never gives up heart. He's 30 years old.
18 Claryssa Moreno (Portsmouth College), 5-foot-10, 177 pounds. Even though Portsmouth College has a women's team, she played on the men's team until she graduated owing to her skill set. The 22-year-old has abundant speed and physicality to excel.
12 Spencer Wallingford (Portland) 5-foot-8, 168 pounds. Considered a pest by many of his opponents, the 32-year-old can get under the skin of many a midfielder or attackman with his aggressive play. He now serves as the emergency third string goalie.

Midfielders
6 Carter Whitlock (Wilmington) 6-foot-1, 170 pounds. Captain. Left-handed shot who has blazing speed and great endurance, this 31-year-old scored 29 goals, a league high for midfielders. He was named the team's captain after willing the Stars to two world championships.
10 Dwayne Dyer (Lexington Leopards) 5-foot-11, 177 pounds. A master of the faceoff, the 34-year-old Dyer can organise the offence like few other players in the league. He played for Price until a midseason trade brought him to Lexington.
11 Pat Wade (Portland) 6-foot-2, 180 pounds. Better known for his endurance and his defensive play, Wade, 28, can score on occasion.
13 Jesse Barkley (Woodstock) 6-foot, 185 pounds. This 30-year-old shows ability to play both ways for the Wave with great endurance and solid speed.
14 Howie Cooper (Nicksia) 5-foot-9, 150 pounds. Elusive and quick, but does not possess blinding speed. The 27-year-old shows an ability to play on either flank, but doesn't do as well at center midfield.
15 Jhanna Jameson (Somerset University), 5-foot-8, 135 pounds. Very nimble and able to evade hits, the 21-year-old Jameson usually is the controlling midfielder on her university women's team, but was sent to tryouts because her coach wanted her to gain some toughness.

Attackmen
16 Tim Cole (Portland), 6-foot-1, 180 pounds. Cole, 35, has a nose for the goal, scoring a league-leading 46 goals on the season. Depends on solid service and his size for positioning in front of opposing goalies.
17 Robbie Fernando (Lexington), 5-foot-11, 170 pounds. Fernando, 31, is arguably the best forward in the league at creating his own shot. Led the team in scoring with 27 goals in 10 games played. Missed the first four games due to appendicitis.
20 Nate Longley (Wilmington), 6-foot-175 pounds. Longley, 25, is a promising youngster who is more mature than his age suggests. He has the best stamina and speed combination of any player on the team, owing to his youth and a cross country background in secondary school.
22 Fred Williams (Nicksia), 6-foot-3, 162 pounds. Tall and gangly, Williams, 27, has been instructed by his coaching staff to put on muscle. He still has a knack for putting the ball in the net, scoring 20 goals in seven games.
23 Matt Cornwall (Woodstock), 5-foot-8, 142 pounds. Fast and elusive, Cornwall, 28, is a guy who can not only slip between defenders and score on unsuspecting goalies, he can also duck a vicious hit. He scored 39 goals to lead the Wave in scoring.
27 Ben Christian (Rypien), 6-foot-2, 175 pounds. Christian, 29, led the Rough Riders with 29 goals in 14 games, using a combination of size and strength to overpower smaller defenders and surprising speed to get away from those equally as large as he is.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Lost in the shuffle about 30 years ago, was the existence of a Qazoxian National Lacrosse team, and lacrosse specific stadium. But after a thorough review of all Qazoxian sporting federations' expense accounts, it was found that Qazox needed to play at least one more lacrosse game by July 15th. If they did not, Qazox would default on a 30 year loan from Sarzonia who helped build Qazox' lacrosse stadium.

So with no experience, no expectations and no chance, Qazox returns to the WLC with the Grizzlies. At least that was the name left on the old sign-in form.

STARTERS
Juan Jerrold GK
Vance Cherry L Def.
Craig Cross C Def.
Mike Chalice R Def.
Brad Truman L Mid.
Nate Holbrook C Mid.
Kyle Barry R Mid.
Lonnie Zapata L Forw.
Paul Berrigan C Forw.
Lester Moline R Forw.

BENCH
Ryan Hunter GK
Stan Bryson DEF
Dave Farmer, Jr. MID
Thomas Martelli FOR
Jason Helms Utility

RP Permissions:
(Style: +3)
Do whatever you want, except for injuries and GODMODDING scoring events.

Home stadium: Estrella Motor Cars Field @ Grizzlies Park (capacity: 17,145)
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 pm

Saintland National Lacrosse Team

Style Modifier: -1
Captain: Prince Josephus
Colors: Red and White
Demonym: Sanctii
Stadium: Via Damascus Stadium
Stadium Location: St. Paulus
Stadium Capacity: 32,189

Roster

Starting Lineup

GK: #7 Prince Josephus
DEF: #24 Lucas Trebatius
DEF: #8 Iosue Gavius
DEF: #42 Marcus Trebatius
MID: #38 Petrus Murrius
MID: #19 Ioannes Bruccius
MID: #83 Paulus Murrius
ATT: #3 Lucas Herminius
ATT: #2 Thomas Clovius
ATT: #77 Abraham Otacilius

Bench

GK: #9 Ioannes Laetonius
DEF: #27 Lucius Herennius
DEF: #67 Petrus Pupis
DEF: #29 Matthaeus Flaminius
MID/ATT: #53 Matthaeus Artorius
MID/ATT: #47 Ioannes Petellius
MID/ATT: #46 Ioannes Nipius

Notes

This is the Saintland National Ice and Field Hockey Team, competing in a 3rd sport now. Lacrosse is not popular in Saintland or widely understand, but neither is field hockey and this team picked that up fairly quickly. On just a few day's notice, they entered the 4th World Cup in Field Hockey and finished in 3rd place despite never having played the sport before. At the last Winter Olympics, they won a silver medal. More recently, they had a disappointing performance in the 20th World Cup of (Ice) Hockey, due to injuries to Prince Josephus and Thomas Clovius.

RP Permissions

I give my opponent permission to:
Godmod scoring events: Y
Penalize my players: Y
Give injuries to my players: N
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Godmod other events: Y
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Trigram: SNT

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Stadium: Twins Memorial Green, Couer Imperial (12,725 capacity)
Colors: Blue and Red
Permissions: Anything but injuries and ejection/penalties

Roster

Staff:
Head Coach: Carson Brock
Assistant Coaches: John Frazer, Wayne Arden

Starters:
GK: Stephen Ablre #18
DEF: Dorian Cross #31
DEF: Frebert Alsin #22
DEF: Logan Freefoot #67
MID: Marcus Wolin #43
MID: Walter Ladermain #4
MID: Alan von Hardemire III #15
FWD: Francisco Hernandez #36
FWD: Jack Broden #26 (Captain)
FWD: Alexander Waters #14

Reserves:
GK: Maximilian Winters #12
DEF: Lewis Duncan #74
MID/DEF: Luke Clarke #9
FWD: Bradley Shaw #28

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 pm

The Serbian Empire Lacrosse Program
All Time Record 21-1

Roster

Starting Lineup

Goalkeeper: Mirela Kasun

Low Defense: Nemanja Mladenovic, Stevan Milic, Vladimir Stojanovic

Defense Wings: Dragan Marusic and Andrej Radisich

Center: Franjo Antic

Attack Wings: Gordan Maravich and Tihana Zupan

Low Attack: Nikola Vukovic, Patrik Filipovic, Filip Kovac

Backups:

Goalkeeper: Marek Borisic

Low Defense: Nenad Ilic, Tomas Novak

Defense Wing: Zoran Petrovic, Erika Vrana

Center: Anze Broz, Besnik Hoxha

Attack Wing: Nemanja Dragic, Danilo Goranovic

Low Attack: Danilo Gavrilovic, Bozidar Kovac

Style: +5

Last edited by The Serbian Empire on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:11 am

Darmeni National Lacrosse Team

Head Coach- Dilbert Alexander
Assistant Coach- Jules Delanor
Trainer- Tyler McDaniels
Equitment Manager- Jon Wiocci

Starting X
GK 29 Jake Alcorn
D 9 Sammuel Willit
D 34 Adan Querell
D 35 Ashante Querell
M 99 Oscar Bulten
M 20 Valance Benny
M 15 Nicholas Costa
A 98 Roberto Cosicone
A 17 Alberto Selani
A 38 Caleb Nultani

Reserves
GK 17 Tasret Collin
D 36 Landon Querell
D 2 Colton Sallenite
M 8 Matte Rower
M 77 Christian Gileta
A 6 Alex John Mulnuar
A 24 Matthew Crolorda

RP Permissions: Anything you want, but no killing please.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Later than I would have like to have done it (my apologies, but it is still Friday here :P), but here is the group draw. It shall be edited into the group draw, along with a schedule of who will play who when.

Group 1:

Qazox
The United Regions
Sarzonia
The Serbian Empire

Group 2:

Paradystopia
Torisakia
Levivania
Kriegiersien

Group 3:

The Licentian Islands
Slembana
Shilston
Phalnia

Group 4:

Kingdom of Costa Luna
Thatius
Swibia

Group 5:

Towson
Indo-Pasif Archipelago
The Kytler Peninsulae
Delaclava

Group 6:

Schmiegelland
Darmen
The Fair Republic
Mapletish

Group 7:

Saintland
Carasatoga
Shadowbourne
Britanno

Group 8:

Sicoutimont
Chiata
Soviet Canuckistan
West Guiana

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Sent to someone deep in the bowels of the Qazoxian Sports federation:

Schedule-
vs. Serbian Empire
vs. Sarzonia
@ United Regions

Really? We come back and we have to face Sarzonia? Ugh, don't give a crap about those other two teams, but goddamnit, why do have to face Sarzonia? Why Margaret? How have we failed you?
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:15 pm

World Lacrosse Championships: Preview

(Saintland Press) The 16th edition of the World Lacrosse Championships will soon be underway in the Licentian Islands and this time, the Kingdom of Saintland will be participating. Although lacrosse is not a popular sport in Saintland, it apparently does bear a resemblance to field hockey, another sport that isn't particularly popular in Saintland. However, the Saintland National Ice Hockey Team entered the World Championship in Field Hockey earlier this year and finished 3rd. After their injury-plagued World Cup of (Ice) Hockey, King Paulus XV has entered the reigning Olympic Silver Medalists in Ice Hockey into the World Lacrosse Championships as a tune-up prior to their bid at the upcoming Summer Olympics to bring home a gold medal in field hockey. "Apparently, the rules of lacrosse are slightly different than the rules of field hockey, but I think we'll do fine. We've spent the last week studying the rules of the sport and watching footage of the sport from foreign nations. We have found old broadcasts of the 13th and 14th World Lacrosse Championships featuring 2 of our upcoming opponents, which we will be watching to study those nations. Unfortunately, that one other nation is also participating in their first World Lacrosse Championships, so it is impossible to find any footage of them to watch. We hope to perform well, but there is no pressure on us. We're going to participate in the World Lacrosse Championships, but only God knows how well we are going to do." - Prince Josephus

The National Lacrosse Team, which is also the National Ice and Field Hockey Team, was drawn into Group 7. The Sanctii are in a group with 3 other nations that did not compete in the last World Lacrosse Championships. Their first opponent will be Britanno, a relative newcomer to international sports. They are currently competing in the Volleyball World Expo, where they have lost 3 out of their first 4 matches. King Paulus XV actually ordered his Government to enter the Volleyball World Expo, but the official who was ordered to send the paperwork failed to mail it in time (OOC: Actually, I was on vacation when it started). Based on Britanno's performance in the only team sports event that they have entered, it is reasonable to suspect that they will probably be weak opposition. On the second day of the World Lacrosse Championships, the Sanctii will face Carasatoga, the hosts of the current Volleyball World Expo. Carasatoga most recently competed at the 13th World Lacrosse Championships, where they finished 3rd in their group and did not advance. Finally, the Sanctii will face Shadowbourne, a nation that reached the quarters of the 14th World Lacrosse Championships and did not enter the 15th. It is a relatively easy group or at least it appears to be, but those appearances may very well prove to be deceiving.

Just as they did at the World Championships in Field Hockey, the Sanctii will be competing on a little over a week's notice. As the rules of lacrosse require teams to play 3 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 attackers at all times, the Sanctii will be using all 3 centers from the National Ice Hockey Team as attackers. The midfielders will be wingers, although those wingers that are not starting in the midfield will also be used as backup attackers. Defensemen in ice hockey will be defenders in lacrosse. The Sanctii players will need to adapt to the sport, but Prince Josephus has once again had his team practicing the sport 10 hours a day for the past week. They hope to adapt to lacrosse just as they adapted to field hockey. If they can do that, they may be able to put up a strong performance in these World Lacrosse Championships. If they are unable to do that, they may very well leave the Licentian Islands after 3 days and begin their final preparations for the Olympics, likely to be held in the city of Orean in Liventia, where they will be expected to help in our Kingdom's efforts to dominate the medal count. Their matches will be broadcast on Royal Five, but every match from the World Lacrosse Championships will be uploaded to the Royal Networks channel on Sanctustube. We will soon find out whether Prince Josephus's team can perform as well in lacrosse as they have in field hockey and ice hockey. Its going to be an interesting few days from the Licentian Islands. Let's hope that Feministvs Sanctvsterra has left the Licentian Islands since the Cup of Harmony because we don't need them disrupting the World Lacrosse Championships, but counter-terrorism experts say that it is more likely that those domestic terrorists will be heard from at the Olympics or future WCC events involving the Sanctii. Why don't we just forget about them and enjoy a new sport for the next few days? It isn't every day that we get to see these unusual foreign sports on the Royal Networks.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games

Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:22 pm

TRKQ Lacrosse National Team

Nation Name: The Empire of the Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Short Name: TRKQ
Demonym: Quebecois
Team Nickname: Hitmen
The Supporters: The Roughnecks
World Ranking: 22nd
Style Modifier: +5

Position - Number - Name

Starters

Center Attacker - 81 - Stan Stafford
Left Attacker - 21 - Jong Shin Lee
Right Attacker - 43 - Percival Pelletier
Center Midfielder - 19 - Phil Dubjek
Left Midfielder - 30 - Simon Hébért
Right Midfielder - 14 - Mikaël Lawson
Center Defense - 79 - Garrett Shin
Left Defense - 26 - Patrick O'Donnelly
Right Defense - 19 - Danny Jang
Goalie - 33 - Guy Ruel

Reserves

Attacker - 2- Edmund Clark
Attacker - 12 - Joo Heon Hall
Attacker - 3 - Marcus St. Arnaud
Midfielder - 46 - Archibald Devoe
Midfielder - 84 - Mikail Lavenchuk
Midfielder - 6 - Langdon Park
Defense - 84 - Song Won Eyahpaise
Defense - 15 - Simon Milne
Defense - 5 - Walter Lee
Defense - 69 - Maurice Sandman
Goalie - 1 - Song He Falcon

Management

Coach: Joseph Martin, 49
Offensive Assistant Coach: Rene Bergeron,45
Defensive Assistant Coach: Song Tonyust, 71
Goaltending Coach: Martin Lakehead, 41
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Qazox wrote:Sent to someone deep in the bowels of the Qazoxian Sports federation:

Schedule-
vs. Serbian Empire
vs. Sarzonia
@ United Regions

Really? We come back and we have to face Sarzonia? Ugh, don't give a crap about those other two teams, but goddamnit, why do have to face Sarzonia? Why Margaret? How have we failed you?

A shadowy Serbian Empire emigrant was listening in. He was a gambler and written the odds of each team winning the games. Sarzonia is favored against the United Regions team at 1:5 odds. And he slips a note in the Qazoxian Sports Federation that said simply, "You didn't fail Margaret and should win against Sarzonia".
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:50 am

Team Mapletish For World Lacrosse Championships XVI

Nation Name : The Mapletia Unida Of Mapletish
Short Name : Mapletish Union,UM
Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian
Team Nickname: The Lacrosse Lions
The Supporters: The Fireykop
Style Mod : +5

TEAM KIT - Proudly sponsored, specially designed and uniquely manufactured by Wight, TGT Sports Design Store

Starters

Goalkeeper - Image Randall Dwain
Defender - Image Denzel Delbert
Defender - Image Algernon Humphrey
Centre Point - Image Rod Fraser
Midfielder - Image Lyle Amyas
Midfielder - Image Paulie Keefe
Midfielder - Image Matthew Philander VICE-CAPTAIN
Forward - Image Martie Gib
Forward - Image Chas Rolph
Forward - Image Samuel Parker CAPTAIN

Substitution Bench

Goalkeeper - Image Sigmund Arden
All Rounder - Image Zeph Adrian
All Rounder - Image Pierce Winthrop
Utility Forward - Image Shelby Stacey
Utility Midfielder - Image Sydney Tate
Utility Defender - Image Kelsey Blair

Substitution Bench

Utility Forward - Image Arvel Rain
Utility Midfielder - Image Parris Corey
Utility Defender - Image Brody Basil
All Rounder - Image Austin Kendrick

Management

Head Coach : Image Primož Bohumír Marino Daividh Jonjo
Assistant Coach : Image Stanimir Dušan Jasxever

Choose my goal-scorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y, degree and severity of injury will be determined by me.
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out penalties (Penalty Box) against my players Y
Ejections from the game handed to my players after five personal fouls Y, try not to because my players aren't very rough aren't they.
Other: Pretty much anything goes. TG me before you try to attempt something crazy, I need the details too but don't go around killing my players, or I will come after you and nUUke your country out of the blue ...

Last edited by Mapletish on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Levivania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Levivania » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:23 am

Levivania Roster

Roster

Starting Lineup

GK: Jaek Corry
DEF: Fabs Balk
DEF: Mike Mara
DEF: Pattrick Rustle
MID: PetrusPeter Manny
MID: John Dough
MID: Shawn O' Connior
ATT: Levi Goldman
ATT: Ben Ballmer
ATT: Danny Boyo
Bench

GK: #9 John Matthews'
DEF: Ponyboy Curtis
DEF: Brad Cruise
DEF: Tom Pitt
MID/ATT: Mikey Gaines
MID/ATT: erry London
MID/ATT: Rob Graden
RP Permissions

I give my opponent permission to:
Godmod other events: N
Last edited by Levivania on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
2nd place: Silver Racket Tennis Tournament I, Banco del Prado - Tueres Tenis de Sangti
Semi Finals: Nation States Golf Championship 2013, Silver Racke Tennis Tournament II
quarterfinals: International Baseball Slam, International Baseball slam III, Twenty 20 World Championships 4, Market Cup VII
Hosted: Silver Racket I and II,
Other: 5-5 in NSCF 9 Made it the howling city Bowl

Independent leaning Libertarian

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:26 am

"I don't know why I agreed to do this."

Mike Sandusky was pacing in his office after he concluded the team's final practice at Franz Braddock Stadium prior to its opening match away to The United Regions. The reporters had all gone home after getting interviews from him and the players. He grumbled when Harold Price announced he would not return as coach. He surprised himself when he said, "yes," when asked to become head coach.

His Stars team would now be a veteran side that was used to success, although most of it was with Price standing on the sidelines. When he retired, a finals defeat to Mytannion was followed by an awful qualifying campaign that saw the Stars miss out on the knockout rounds for just the second time in their history. He then refused the full time position, feeling as though he was not ready for the job.

I don't feel ready for it now, he thought. When he thought about the desperation in the eyes of Incorporated Lacrosse Commission Chairman Jonathan Moose when he was asked -- no, BEGGED -- to become the head coach, he felt as though he was the only one who could take the reins of the programme. He agreed, even though he essentially had buyer's remorse when he took the job.

He realised it potentially could be for only three matches. There would be no time to ease the team's way into the system. They had scrimmages against the professional lacrosse teams that felt like knockout round matches. Fortunately, the team didn't have to get used to a new system or a new playcaller. Sandusky would continue to call the plays on offence. Defensively, the last coordinator would also remain in place.

Sandusky had one trump card. Carter Whitlock. Arguably the greatest player in lacrosse history. He agreed to give it one last go as a player before retirement, so he would still play that central role he always had in the team's successes. He essentially served as an extension of the coaching staff by now, so having their captain and their emotional centre was vital.

The Stars would have another away match against The Serbian Empire before their lone home match. However, the team gritted its collective teeth when they realised whom that opponent would be.

They Who Shall Not Be Named.

Sarzonia were fortunate that the team would not have to play there. The Incorporated Sarzonian Government likely would have blocked travel to that godforsaken land. Sandusky knew that for They Who Shall Not Be Named to come to Woodstock, a full military escort would be required for the players, coaches and staff. The hotel was already blocked off, allowing only the contingent from Sarzonia's hated foes.

Sandusky knew there was no margin for error if the Stars wanted to make the trip to Licentiapacisterra. He'd either be a success or a failure on the basis of just three matches. He knew the protest from Moose was already forthcoming, but also knew the protest would be in vain.

Ready or not, here we come.

Kingdom of Costa Luna
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Costa Luna » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:46 pm

Costa Luna Lunian Lacrosse Loonies

The Lunian Lacrosse Loonies are nicknamed the Pedro Show by many of the Costa Lunian fans. The only players on the Lunian Lacrosse Loonies history that have scored have had the last name of Pedro.

Roster

Starting Lineup

Goalkeeper: Josiah Pedro

Low Defense: Jorge Pedro, Don Pedro, and Juan Pedro

Defense Wings: Miguel Pedro and Felipe Pedro

Center: Vito Pedro

Attack Wings: Joseph Pedro and Devon Pedro

Low Attack: Andrew Pedro, Peter Pedro, and James Pedro

Backups:

Goalkeeper: Tomas Pedro

Low Defense: Simon Pedro and Ramos Pedro

Defense Wing: Stephan Pedro and Ferdinand Pedro

Center: Christopher Pedro and Scott Pedro

Attack Wing: Max Pedro and Alexander Pedro

Low Attack: Justin Pedro and Jerry Pedro

Manager: Maria Gonzalez (Wait...not a Pedro, you ask. It is alright her maiden name was Maria Pedro.)

Style: 0

Last edited by Kingdom of Costa Luna on Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
International Baseball Slam I

Summer
Gold: 0
Silver: 1
Bronze: 0

Winter
Silver: 0

Note: As of September 2nd, 2014, Kingdom of Costa Luna is no longer considered to be nicknamed "Costa Luna." The real Costa Luna is a protected by the Kingdom of Costa Luna, but a separate nation in competition.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:01 am

Group 1
Qazox 7–18 The Serbian Empire
The United Regions 9–10 Sarzonia

Group 1                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Serbian Empire 1 1 0 0 18 7 +11 3
2 Sarzonia 1 1 0 0 10 9 +1 3
3 The United Regions 1 0 0 1 9 10 −1 0
4 Qazox 1 0 0 1 7 18 −11 0

Group 2
Paradystopia 16–4 Kriegiersien
Torisakia 9–9 Levivania

Group 2                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Paradystopia 1 1 0 0 16 4 +12 3
2 Levivania 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
Torisakia 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
4 Kriegiersien 1 0 0 1 4 16 −12 0

Group 3
The Licentian Islands 12–20 Phalnia
Slembana 6–3 Shilston

Group 3                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Phalnia 1 1 0 0 20 12 +8 3
2 Slembana 1 1 0 0 6 3 +3 3
3 Shilston 1 0 0 1 3 6 −3 0
4 The Licentian Islands 1 0 0 1 12 20 −8 0

Group 4
Kingdom of Costa Luna 9–9 Swibia
Thatius 8–18 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec

Group 4                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 0 0 18 8 +10 3
2 Kingdom of Costa Luna 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
Swibia 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
4 Thatius 1 0 0 1 8 18 −10 0

Group 5
Towson 8–10 Delaclava
Indo-Pasif Archipelago 5–12 The Kytler Peninsulae

Group 5                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 The Kytler Peninsulae 1 1 0 0 12 5 +7 3
2 Delaclava 1 1 0 0 10 8 +2 3
3 Towson 1 0 0 1 8 10 −2 0
4 Indo-Pasif Archipelago 1 0 0 1 5 12 −7 0

Group 6
Schmiegelland 9–9 Mapletish
Darmen 12–8 The Fair Republic

Group 6                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Darmen 1 1 0 0 12 8 +4 3
2 Mapletish 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
Schmiegelland 1 0 1 0 9 9 0 1
4 The Fair Republic 1 0 0 1 8 12 −4 0

Group 7
Saintland 23–4 Britanno
Carasatoga 10–10 Shadowbourne

Group 7                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Saintland 1 1 0 0 23 4 +19 3
2 Carasatoga 1 0 1 0 10 10 0 1
Shadowbourne 1 0 1 0 10 10 0 1
4 Britanno 1 0 0 1 4 23 −19 0

Group 8
Sicoutimont 12–5 West Guiana
Chiata 12–9 Soviet Canuckistan

Group 8                     Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Sicoutimont 1 1 0 0 12 5 +7 3
2 Chiata 1 1 0 0 12 9 +3 3
3 Soviet Canuckistan 1 0 0 1 9 12 −3 0
4 West Guiana 1 0 0 1 5 12 −7 0
Last edited by Licentiapacisterra on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:41 pm

Serbian 5 3 5 5  18
Qazox 1 1 3 2 7

We knew coming into this lacrosse World Cup that the Grizzlies weren't very good. But 18-7 beatdown bad? We're psyched! That's about 6 more goals than we expected to score, though we did give up the first 5 goals and 7 of the next 8 afterwards, but we scored! Next we face staronia or scarboni or something like that. Dammit, I can't remember for the life of me.

QAZOX GOALS:
Zapata
Moline
Moline
Zapata
Berrigan
Martelli
Holbrook
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:05 pm

Fourteen hours before his team was getting set to play in the World Lacrosse Championships for the first time in the 16th edition, Mike Sandusky was up pacing his hotel room.

Try as he might, he was still up at 5 a.m., donned in a bathrobe and slippers and could not for the life of him get to sleep.

To say he was anxious about his first match as the full-time head coach would be an understatement. Sure, he served as interim head coach between coaching tenures for his former boss Harold Price. Sure, he righted the ship after former coach Rob Davies was fired. Sure, he'd helped guide the Stars to their fourth championship during his tenure as offensive coordinator.

But this was different. He wasn't a caretaker now. He was the man sitting in the proverbial big chair. He was the one who had to make decisions for his team.

Conversely, the one man who meant more to Sarzonian lacrosse than anyone not named Harold Price was sound asleep. Carter Whitlock had decided not to go out on the town, choosing instead to play cards with members of the Delaclav national team which was staying at the same hotel. They'd all enjoyed themselves before Whitlock turned in.

"Good night, Grandpa," one player jokingly said as he saw Whitlock head toward his room while other Stars players were headed out.

When the team assembled on the field, it was clear that the rest Whitlock opted for would pay dividends. He was wide awake and was actually giving instructions to Stars players while Sandusky was getting coffee from the makeshift office he was using.

"Damnit! Where's my Delaclav coffee," the players heard Sandusky yell above the din of a crowd that was beginning to roar to life as United Regions fans began to roar their approval as their side was being introduced. Sandusky walked up with a coffee mug that was only halfway full.

"I poured the rest of this shit out," he explained, looking at defensive coordinator Alan Lindsey, who was trying hard to hide the bemused smirk on this face. "Have you tried it?" Sandusky asked, clearly aware of his defensive coordinator's smirk.

"I brought a couple packs of Delaclav coffee with me," he said. "So, no I haven't."

"You haven't missed much." Sandusky looked, realising he was wasting time that should have been spent plotting strategy or giving last minute instructions to his team. He relaxed when he saw Whitlock.

I almost forgot, he thought. That's why we have Carter on the team.

That plus an intense work rate and an attitude befitting a grinder rather than a superstar. And the wherewithal to scoop up a ground ball and fire it on goal for the game-winner with :17 seconds left to give the Stars a 10-9 triumph before a largely disappointed crowd that was cheering on the United Regions. A smattering of 2,500 Sarzonian supporters mixed with 600 Delaclav supporters who had decided to show up to support the Stars remained behind to cheer the team as they made their way to the dressing room.

"That was a good win," one player said above the din.

"Any win's a good win," Whitlock retorted. And any time They Who Shall Not Be Named loses, that's also a good thing. The day would bring more news as the Stars (1-0) learned that the Serbian Empire put a whipping on They Who Shall Not Be Named 18-7. And also that Delaclava defeated Towson 10-8.

It was only one match, but in a group stage where there are just three, all the Stars knew there was no margin for error. And with a match against a Serbian Empire side that was coming in with the momentum of a sweeping win, even though it was against Sarzonia's most hated rivals, the Stars knew they had to be prepared.

"I don't think any of us are going out the night before tomorrow night's match," goalie Mark Tomscik said. "Least of all Grandpa," he said with a chuckle, motioning toward Whitlock.

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:56 pm

The Serbian Empire did what they do best which was win 18-7 against Qazox. As we all know watching this tournament, the Serbian Empire is always a favorite to win just on the fact they have never finished worse than 3rd in the World Lacrosse Championship.

15 of the 18 goals were produced by the low attack trio of Vukovic (6), Filipovic (2), and Kovac (7). The other three were produced by Zupan, Radisich, and Hoxha.

Elsewhere in Qazox, a Serbian Empire emigrant known for his gambling has just cashed in on his bets which resulted in him winning 10 of the 13 games which did not end in a tie. The bookie wasn't happy paying Mr. Marek Jurevic the equivalent of 960,000 Serbian Dinars (Roughly $960 dollars US and I have no clue how many Zaq) for his bets. Some say he was the luckiest man in Qazox City with that string of luck. However, he left another note in Qazoxian Sports Federation saying, "Tomorrow is not Sarzonia's lucky day and the loss was simply the Serbian Empire's high power offense system and nothing of concern". As Jurevic walked to his apartment, something shiny caught his eye, a gold card with Lester Moline's image on it. I better keep this as a good luck charm.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Bad Idea Purveyor

Kingdom of Costa Luna
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Costa Luna » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Lunian Lacrosse Loonies draw in their opener. The Loonies had a loony start to the match after a lengthy delay as the referees tried to figure out if all the Pedro's were in their respected positions. To make things harder each of the Costa Lunian uniforms have "Costa Luna" on the back and on the front have the phrase "I'm with Pedro" as seen to the right. With no numbers on the jerseys, it has been a nightmare for announcers to attempt to identify the goal scorers since all the Pedro's are related and look the same from a distance.

Due to the Pedro confusion, defending Costa Luna is a difficult task. The Swibia team managed to get out to a lead of 7-0 before Costa Luna started to play mind games switching players in and out of the game. By the end of the match, it is figured that Pedro scored 9 times. However, it is fuzzy which Pedro scored, since in the post-game interview, all the players said, "Pedro played well today. It is because of him that we did so well."

The Costa Luna Lunian Lacrosse Loonies will face last place Thatius next. Maria Gonzalez promises that the Loonies will put on a Pedro show for the fans with Pedro scoring at least a hat trick.
International Baseball Slam I

Summer
Silver: 1

Winter
Silver: 0

Note: As of September 2nd, 2014, Kingdom of Costa Luna is no longer considered to be nicknamed "Costa Luna." The real Costa Luna is a protected by the Kingdom of Costa Luna, but a separate nation in competition.

Saintland
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm

Royal Five - Postmatch Interview

Iosue Alfenus is in the Royal Five studio in the Licentian Islands. The Kingdom of Saintland has just defeated Britanno 23 to 4 in their first World Lacrosse Championships match.

Iosue Alfenus - As you just saw, Shadowbourne and Carasatoga played to a 10-10 draw. The National Lacrosse Team utterly dominated their opposition today, beating them 23 to 4. Although I doubt anybody is watching since the World Cup is currently on Royal One, my guest today is Ioannes Bruccius.

Ioannes Bruccius walked into the studio and sat down across from Alfenus.

Iosue Alfenus - Ioannes, I want to talk first about what happened in the World Cup of Hockey and I mean Ice Hockey. Specifically, I want to talk about the incidents involving Logan Guthrie of Quebec.

Ioannes Bruccius - He's a cheap shot artist. I took him out of the first match and then he knocked me out the second time around. Right now, I'm more concerned with the future. I'm more concerned with winning the World Lacrosse Championships and winning a gold medal in field hockey in Liventia.

Iosue Alfenus - Speaking of the Olympics, does that loss to Valanora in the ice hockey gold medal match a few months ago still bother you?

Ioannes Bruccius - That's an obvious question. Of course it does. Its what I think about all day long every day. What makes it even worse are the 2 consecutive defeats in the World Championship in Field Hockey that stuck us with 3rd place and our disaster of a World Cup of Hockey. No matter what we do, none of our Kingdom's national teams have been able to win a championship since we blew our shot at an Olympic Gold Medal on that fateful night in Liventia.

Iosue Alfenus - Are you optimistic about our Kingdom's chances in Orean?

Ioannes Bruccius - Is that the name of the city in Liventia where the Olympics will be held?

Iosue Alfenus - Its not official yet, but Orean, Liventia's bid is considered the only serious bid by those in the know.

Ioannes Bruccius - I believe that we're going to finish atop the medal count and I'm determined to do my part to make sure that happens.

Iosue Alfenus - I'm glad to hear that. I thought Thomas Clovius looked unstoppable today. Its just unbelievable that he scored 10 goals in a game. Do you agree?

Ioannes Bruccius - Lacrosse is a fast-paced sport that is much more high-scoring than field or ice hockey, so it doesn't surprise me that he scored so many goals. Thomas probably could have played in the final 8 World Cup of Hockey matches, but Josephus kept him out as a precautionary measure. It simply wasn't worth risking our health to do respectably in an ice hockey tournament. Winning that Olympic gold medal is more important to us than anything else.

Iosue Alfenus - That's interesting. So, do you have any predictions regarding how many medals Sanctii athletes will win in Liventia?

Ioannes Bruccius - I'd say we're going to win 100 medals.

Iosue Alfenus pauses for a moment.

Iosue Alfenus - According to NSWiki, no nation has won over 100 medals at an Olympics in 6 years! 6 years ago at the 2nd Summer Olympics, Cafundeu, Capitalizt SLANI and Maineiacs all won over 140! The following year, Cafundeu won 96 and no nation has even come close to winning 100 medals at an Olympics since.

Ioannes Bruccius - Iosue, you should know that man may say that thing are impossible, but to God, there is nothing that is impossible. I know that God is going to be with us in Orean and we're going to bring home 100 medals.

Iosue Alfenus - I hope you're right. I want to thank Ioannes Bruccius for his time.

Ioannes Bruccius - I'm happy to talk to Royal Five.

Iosue Alfenus - That's all the time we have for today. Be sure to tune in tomorrow as the Kingdom of Saintland takes on Carasatoga.
Why I left NS Sports

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Phalnian Sports Network

Announcer: Now, it's time for our segment "LAX On, LAX Off", with Paul and Dean.
Paul: Paul here, the Phalnian National Team had a great start to the tournament.
Dean: I'd call it terrific.
P: I'd have to agree. Beating the host nation in the first round, is absolutely astounding.
D: When the schedule was first announce a lot of us, at least me, were a little nervous about going toe to toe with the Licentian Islands.
P: Same here, and as expected the Licentian squad put up a great game scoring 12 points. But, the Phalnian team did better than we could have hoped, putting up 20 points on the board.
D: I'm obviously impressed with the work of lead attacker Jack Broden. The man scored nine points throughput today's game.
P: He's definitely proven that he deserves that C on his shoulder. He's not only a great player, he's a leader.
D: Yep, we saw that today, he was talking with his teammates during timeouts and between quarters.
P: Absolutely a great player, but I'd like to mention the others scorers from today, Francisco Hernandez scoring five goals, Alexander Waters scoring three, and Bradley Shaw coming off the bench for Waters and scoring three goals as well.
D: Yes, great forwards all around, and a report on Alexander Waters, after taking a big hit we saw him sitting on the bench the rest of the game. The staff has said that it was a large bruise and that there are no broken ribs so he should be returning next game.
P: Great to hear. I definitely think he will be a big piece in the games to come.
D: Speaking of we want you all to wish the Phalnian team well, if they make it to the Round of 16, we will be headed out to the Licentian Islands to cover the remainder of the games. This is Dean signing off.
P: See you all tomorrow night.
Announcer: Stay tuned for live gator wrasslin' from the Kcender Swamps.
Last edited by Phalnia on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports