NATION

PASSWORD

The 52nd Baptism of Fire Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

German-Spanish Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby German-Spanish Empire » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Victor Rios slowly crept into the locker room as him players wiped sweat from their brows,"Okay, I love you guys more than my wife officially, when I want something you guys give it to me!" the guys laughed as the coach did the traditional GSE dance Bailar de Triste. "Look our defenders did their jobs, but in all realness they shouldn't have scored shit, but we won and that's all that matters," he continued,"I'm mostly proud of our attackers,Yunel Ferdinand and Jose Martinez, you scored our two goals, but our goalie, Franz Bramer kicked ass today!"

"With that being said, Mr.Bramer, you get the game ball!"

Speranda
Lobbyist

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Speranda » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:31 pm

I don't think it will come as a surprise to any of you that I'm not particularity happy with your performance today. The defence was fine. Not great, but fine. But when we get the ball, we can't give it away like that. It's all decision making at this point. Technically, they had no advantage over us. But slow down, and think it out! When we think right, we get beautiful goals like that one. Full credit to Charles for that beautiful shot and Abi with the assist. If we could only have some more of those. We're playing Joshulia next, and they just got thumped 4-0. It's certainly within our ability to beat them. But they are no pushover, they are a good team and they will be hungry. I want you to match their intensity, get out there, and score the first goal early. But if nothing else, I expect everyone of you to play 200% SMARTER. Now rest up, we're only just starting.
Come Join the Association of the Countries of the Free! We are an active region of 53 nations.

If you are voting in the world assembly, please read at least one page of the relevant debate in the world assembly forum with an open mind so you can be a informed voter.

Neo Lemmitania
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Lemmitania » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Shemp Wooley, the Dean of Neo-Lemmitanian Sports, speaking to you about the many benefits of FootAway(tm), the only product that treats athlete’s foot at the source. It’s made by the clever folks at the Electric Lemming Corporation, so you can be confident that it’s been tested under rigorous laboratory conditions on actual live lab rats and lemmings. And if you’ve ever seen a lemming’s feet, you know that a product that can cure its athlete’s foot must be top-notch. But you don’t have to take my word for it; you can read the testimonials from the talented scientists and copywriters at ELC, posted on the world wide web at http://www.footawayreallyworks.com. And contrary to the slanderous ravings of those lunatics at the Consumer Protection Board, it has never completely dissolved a single human’s foot. Yes, it’s as safe as it is effective. Especially when used as directed while wearing protective clothing, particularly on the areas to be treated. So take it from me, when you’ve got burning, itching, horrid feet, you want to dunk them in a bucket full of FootAway, available by prescription from the Electric Lemming Corporation’s special podiatry squad. Give it a try today!

Dan: Wow, that sounds like a great product, Shemp.

Shemp: It is, Dan. I don’t know anyone who’s used it and been disappointed. By the way, for our listening audience, I’m joined live in the studio for tonight’s edition of Shemp’s Corner by Dan Lemzig, play-by-play man for NLRN’s local affiliate in Lemvoola. Dan, welcome to the program.

Dan: Nice to be here, Shemp.

Shemp: Nice to have you. Last week, someone had the ‘bright’ idea of getting Gil Lemson on the show.

Dan: Ha ha! Must have been a good one, Shemp.

Shemp: It was a broadcast I’d rather forget. So Dan, talk to me about the NLRL playoffs.

Dan: Well, the first round saw Lemvoola squeak by Los Lemmings in an 18-16 nailbiter. I had the privilege of calling that game, and I honestly did not think the Leemcats were going to come out on top. The Owlies jumped out in front with a couple of early tries by Lembros and McMellem, so they were up 12-0 before the ten-minute mark. And it was just a slog from there. Our Coach Shnell just roasted the players for the sloppy defensive work, and they really tightened it up after that.

Shemp: They did, I saw the game on dvr. And they started looking better on possession, too.

Dan: It was a slog, Shemp, but they worked their way back into it. About thirty minutes into the half the Leemcats finally got their first try, when Bingson sent a wicked drop kick across the field to a wide open Roger Rosco around the ten-meter line, and Rosco practically walked it in. That Bingson is a hell of a kicker, Shemp.

Shemp: That he is, Dan. And more on that in a moment.

Dan: So with the conversion it was down to 12-6, and that’s where it stood at the half. You could sense the momentum shifting, but right out of the gate in the second the Owlies broke through a scrum and Mick Gale ran it in from thirty meters with a hell of a blocking job by Hellem and Lembo. But Nels’ kick was wide, keeping it at 16-6, and the Leemcats chipped away at it. Bingson got a couple of drop goals, and then around twenty minutes in, Morlem finally got our second try on a short, sixth-tackle run. With Bingson’s conversion it was 16-14.

Shemp: And despite the Leemcats’ momentum to that point, the Owlies locked it down and it looked like it was going to stay there. Until Los Lemmings had what looked like a breakthrough drive in the final five minutes.

Dan: With thirty-seven minutes done, Raymond Lemboola had a hell of a run from the mid-field, getting the ball across our ten-meter line, and it looked like it was going to be all over. They had three tackles left and a try at that point would have been the nail in the coffin. But coming off the play-the-ball, Wilco Rosco stepped up and managed to strip it from Lemboola, who went straight from hero to goat. And all of a sudden we had possession again. Four chances later we were across the midline, though still a hell of a long way from a try, and with barely a minute left on the clock. But I never gave up.

Shemp: As anyone listening to the broadcast can attest.

Dan: I admit when Lemvoola’s playing, I’m partisan, Shemp. I was screaming along with the rest of the Lemvoolans. On the fifth chance, players were all over the field, Leemcats looking for openings, Owlies on coverage, and thensuddenly it was Moe Harlem who put his foot to it. And you know he’s not known as a kicker. He sent it right into a crowd around the try-line and hell if Roger Rosco didn’t come down with it and despite two or three grey-shirts shoving him back, manage to touch the ball to the turf.

Shemp: And that, as they say, was the game.

Dan: The crowd went wild.

Shemp: It was already wild.

Dan: A hell of a finish. I wish they could all be like that.

Shemp: So Lemvoola advances, to face Lemming City, winners against Muddy Springs in a 34-10 blowout. And in the Eastern Division, it was Lemmington over Limmsburgh 23-12 and Loston topping Lemmsylvania 19-6. Now, speaking of Bing Bingson and his magic foot--

Dan: That’s what we call it in Lemvoola.

Shemp: Rightfully so. And speaking of him, as I say, Bing and his teammates the Rosco twins took a plane to Kinitaria where they joined the rest of the Neo-Lemmitanian national football squad for the opening match of the Baptism of Fire tournament.

Dan: So I understand. Against the national team of Punum.

Shemp: I had no idea what to expect going into this, what about you?

Dan: In all honesty, ‘football’ is right off my radar, Shemp. I watched the match but I didn’t have a great sense of what was going on. Strategically, you know.

Shemp: I know what you mean. It’s a very different sport for a nation that’s mainly fixated on rugby. But it’s all about kicking, and Bingson showed his stuff.

Dan: Indeed! I don’t know much about who’s who in this sport, but I gather this tourney is for countries that are rather new to international competition. So presumably our opponents were more or less as green as our own Lemmings.

Shemp: I’d have to think they were. Because frankly, the Lemmings dominated the game.

Dan: It wasn’t really even close, which if I was speaking objectively, I’d have to say was a bit of a surprise. Bingson though, as you said, Shemp, really showed how to do it. He nailed a goal around twenty minutes in from-- I’d say about thirty meters out. They don’t have meter-lines on the field in this game, though.

Shemp: And we should explain for the audience that the players only kick the ball; no running with it or passing.

Dan: That’s right. But Bingson really showed that masterful control. So at the half the Lemmings led by a goal, and then barely two or three minutes into the second he did it again. This time on a pass from Mick Mickelson, and from maybe fifteen meters out. Which is a nice distance to kick a ball through a crowd of defenders and into a net.

Shemp: It was a pretty goal. Then at seventy minutes Mickelson added one of his own, on a pass from Mitchell McSheen, showing that there were no hard feelings in that 19-6 Lobsters’ clobbering of the Red Toes that we mentioned.

Dan: It’s really a nice thing to see the players from opposing sides come together to play on a national team, Shemp. Even if it’s in a sport I’ve never seen before.

Shemp: So the Lemmings got their first victory in their first ever international football match, with the final score 3-0. An auspicious entrance. Next up they play Nouvel Ecosse, a human/walrus hybrid nation, who won their opener against the nation of Sangti.

Dan: Sorry, Shemp, did you say human/walrus hybrid?

Shemp: That’s according to their factbook. I’ve never seen one of their citizens.

Dan: Human/walrus? Really? Or do you think they’re joking?

Shemp: I hope they’re joking, but having traveled internationally a bit in my day, I suspect it’s probably quite serious.

Dan: How do you even get a human/walrus hybrid?

Shemp: I have no idea.

Dan: Genetic engineering?

Shemp: One would hope. Because the alternative--

Dan: Interbreeding?

Shemp: is not something I’m inclined to contemplate.

Dan: I mean, to each their own, but seriously. Walruses? Would you marry a walrus girl, Shemp?

Shemp: Let’s not start an international incident here, Dan.

Dan: Okay, right. After all, that Walrus and the Carpenter were a happy couple.

Shemp: I always assumed they were both guys.

Dan: Oh, so no interbreeding, then. I guess that’s right.

Shemp: Anyway, that’s who our boys in orange play next.

Dan: ‘Boys in orange,’ I like that. The team does have some snazzy uniforms, don’t they?

Shemp: I know I like them. Designed by some Audioslavian firm, I understand.

Dan: Huh, Audioslavia? Better than I’d expect, then.

Shemp: Let’s not start an international incident here, Dan.

Dan: Right.

Shemp: And we’ll be back after these important messages from the Electric Lemming Corporation.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:17 pm

National team snags early victory
Sondstead beats Carrizal 1–0 with second half goal from Markussunr

5 June 2013

Team captain Tom Markussunr won the first match
with a highly professional, well-placed 2nd half goal.

Rexitova, Kinitaria — After a hard fought game, the Sondsteadish national football team won their debut Baptism of Fire match one to nothing against the United States of Carrizal at the Arena "Spartak" in Rexitova, Kinitaria.

The game started with cautious defensive moves on both sides but the two teams quickly found their respective rhythms by the middle of the first half, with the Carizzal team going on the offensive and the Sondsteadish defence, especially the team's wunderkind defender László Agócs, holding up admirably.

However, E̊sbjus Hwitrländer tripped at 19 minutes in and suffered an injury; while he attempted to return to the field after several minutes resting, he fell again at 35 minutes in and was replaced by Jöhännes Muharukua, with doctors diagnosing the 35-year old player with a high ankle sprain exacerbated by his decision to return to the field and gave him unfortunate news; his recovery is expected to take three months at least, putting him out of commission for the rest of the Baptism of Fire and also for the World Cup even if the Sondsteadish team is able to qualify.

The second half got off to a roaring start, but not necessarily a favourable one for Sondstead; at 51 minutes, midfielder Szelim Nagy was booked for what the referee judged to have been faking a foul, and responded by making a "Fityisz" (also known as "Fig sign") at the referee. The game continued for several minutes before the referee was informed of the offensive connotations of the sign in Erusean culture (Nagy being an ethnic Erusean), which was judged to have constituted an obscene gesture and lead to Nagy being given a red card and replaced by Osgar Sarman.

The back and forth continued nearly to the 70 minute mark with no scoring, until a well placed shot by the team's captain and longtime midfield star Tom Markussunr at 68 minutes made it past the Carrizal defence. The Sondsteadish team switched to the offensive and hit back, but Kalju Rummo committed a foul at 83 minutes and gave Carizzal an easy chance to equalize the score at the last minute in the penalty kick. Goalkeeper Adam Edelwülfssünr made an unexpected save and the disheartened Carizzal team had no time to recover, with the game reaching full time with the score still one point in Sondstead's favour.

The finish thrilled Sondsteadish fans and left Sondstead at a respectable twenty-second out of fifty-eight in the Casaran standings. The team's enthusiasm for the victory was somewhat dampened by news that Sondstead had been matched up with Neu Engollon for their second game; Neu Engollon defeated their first opponent, Joshulia, four to nothing and was ranked first in the Casaran standings.

Comment or read more at www.srrsondsteadworld.org
Last edited by Sondstead on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Sudagiu
Secretary

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sudagiu » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Sudagiu Informative Networks

Sudagiu To Play Mythic Erin

The Sudagiu national team is in a 4-way tie for first in the tournament according to the Casaran system. Next up, we will play against Mythic Erin, who beat The Sovan Antithesis 1-0 at the Stadion Orašii, in the game before Sudagiu's. The national team performed brilliantly, beating Phing Phong 4-0. Hróðvaldr Þiudreiks had a field day, scoring 3 goals. Gerhard Żuraw scored the other from a beautiful free kick.

Game Summary

Sudagiu 4-0 Phing Phong

TeamSudagiuPhing Phong
Goals Scored40
Shots Total162
Shots on Target140
Yellow Cards114
Red Cards02

In a game marked by one team thrashing another, Sudagiu defeated Phing Phong in a game of shots. Phing Phong opened strong, just missing the goal after just 31 seconds. When Rokus Kaluza was brought down in the 5th minute, Gerhard Żuraw scored a thunderbolt shot to send Sudagiu its first goal in international competition and the crowd into a frenzy. After 60 minutes, Hróðvaldr Þiudreiks received the ball 30 yards out and proceeded to slam the ball home past a despairing keeper. Þiudreiks would proceed to score from two penalties, in each a Phing Phong player was sent off. Sudagiu would end up with a handy 4-0 win in their pocket, and ready to face another victorious Mythic Erin side.

Blog of Rokus Kaluza
Hey Sudagians, its me, Rokus, again, and I would like to, again, post my blog. I got fouled brutally, if any of you were wondering, but I recovered quickly. I was glad to see those goals slammed in by the other players, and it made me happy that we were serving the Fish Lovers' Paradise nobly. It was a good game, but Phing Phong were too weak to stop our attacks. We now face Mythic Erin, whose name is a mystery to me. I mean, how does a nation get the word "Mystic"? Were all of the good names taken? I guess that would not do well in that nation's life. Anyways, life is good for us in our hotel, and we always have good television from Sudagiu imported via computer, as a gift from the government. I have to go to dinner now. Goodbye!
Hello! This is a puppet of Schmiegelland, signing in.

The fief of Sir Kunne
Lobbyist

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The fief of Sir Kunne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:09 pm

team:
gk: darost (the athalorn advangers)
gk: count konrad draco (streissan vampires) (vice-captain)
gk: duke rex frost (streissan vampires)
lb: khonsu (neter-khertet)
lb: penhfe merdis (nehekhara city chiefs)
cd: tamtu the third (champions of dead)
cd: kroklotha (the lotabotl wanderers)
cd: graytusk crusher (oldheim orges)
cd: gergg troat-cutter (oldheim orges)
rb: soaren hightower (elfheim eagles)
rb; lauriala vinetree (kallahir swifts)
dm: ivan the revied (champions of dead) (captain)
dm: eye bone (erengradd undertakers)
cm: simenion aldaloth (galadrieth gladiators)
cm: lucien swift (kallahir swifts)
cm: erucion faloron (celestial comets)
cm: aaron farren (creeveland cresents)
lv: kwetzh (skavenblight scrambles)
lv: kreelut (warpstone wanderers)
rv: tyonirytor (the flashing darkblades)
rv: snorarag (the dwarf giants)
s: glumtusk paws (bruendor grimjacks)
s: mros-mulgors (the plaguebearers)

rp permissions
keep it fun, text me for any god-mod events

match rp :
stadion munisipaliya 21:00
"Hello Jim"
"Hello Bob and welcome all viewers to the first international match of the fief of sir kunne in the BoF! We will be bringing you this match life from our box overlooking this fine and historical stadium"
"That's right, Jim, i hope the old structure doesn't collapse from the weight of all the supporters rooting for their favorite team, and the one old lady rooting for the referee, i think might be his mum"
"She must be. Who else roots for a referee?"
"good point there Jim. Well here come the players on the pitch seems the coach has gone for the expected formation of the 4-5-1 with 1 defensive midfielder, two central mids and two moved forward on the flanks"
"to any blind viewers i will tell you the names of the starting players: darost, khonsu, kroklotha, graytusk, soaren, eye, simenion, erucion, kwetzh, tyonirytor, and the one we want to see score a few goals the top striker of the bruendor grimjacks, glumtusk paws! "
"we seem to be missing some players today jim"
"That's right bob, due to the postponed cup final between the champions of dead and the kallahir swifts four players have been delayed and will miss the first match of the tournament, it seems the fierce rivalry between those two clubs made them unwilling to miss their best players"

"the referee starts the match and he stops it again. to wave with a yellow card, ericion might have been a bit over-enthusiastic for this match"
"nonsense Jim, he hardly hit the midfielder from querria, i always hate a referee that stops the game whenever someone grabs to his leg, but querria gets a free kick and the match begins for real"
"querria wants an early advantage their striker whose name i forgot gets the ball and.... shot blocked by kroklotha, who gets the ball to a kwetzh
who dropped back a lot, but we know that one don't we bob"
"yes Jim, but our opponents don't as they seem unprepared for kwetzh's massive speed, he runs down the left side of the field, shoots and scores! he does it again a lighting fast goal with the ball collected from the back lines, That's why he is in this team!"
"Yes the opponents look flabbergasted and the goaly didnt even move, great start of the match"
"querria seems to want some more control over the pace of the match, as they slowly play the ball from one player to the other and back"
"not what we like to see, but seems they are used to another style then we are, that's the tricky part of the tournament. They finally get close the the goal area, the striker whose name i still can't remember tries a weak shot and... i cant believe it!"
" I can't get it either jim, graytusk must be asleep for not stopping that lousy shot! it's one-one at the end of the first half. I surely don't want to be graytusk in the break-chat with the coach, i wonder if he will trow somthing to him"
"Well if i was in range i would"

"We now start the second half, and the fans cheer for their teams"
"Yes Jim and they also cheer for the coach and graytusk hes been replaced by gergg in the half-time break"
"Seems the coach also didn't like him taking a nap like that"
"kwetzh gets the ball again, but this time 4 man move in to stop him, he quickly moves more to the center and passes the ball to simenion, who shoots ... and hits the metal, that's too bad"
"Its not over Bob! kwetzh and his opponent sprint to the rebound, and kwetzh outruns him again! he scores an easy but fancy goal. the fans jump on their seats!

"Well Jim its back to the slower game of querria,..., in the end they get to the penalty area and, and what happened there?"
"I dont think anything hapened the Bob, he just decided to lay around in the grass, but whats that? The reff givs a second yellow card to ericion! and for what nothing!"
"playign the last 30 minutes with ten players and a penalty it looks a lot worse now"
"It does, seems a midfielder from querria wants to shoot at the goal, what was his name again? well it doesn't matter. He walks back, he shoots and.. he hits the arm of darost the ball goes in the air , and dorost manages to catch it. that was close"
"yes a well deserved round of applause for darost goes though the stadium"
"querria goes move in the offensive now they got a number's advantage, the keep putting pressure on the goal. he komes the shot!"
"A nice block from darost, but the rebound gets in the feet of a querria player, he shoots high, and darost barely saves it with a mad jump to the corner of his goal and knocks the ball away, but yet again the ball reaches an opponent and this time darost has to see he is changeless and tired, and has to give querria their second goal of the match"
" Where are the defenders when they are needed, darost is doing all the work there"
"That might be true, here comes querria again, darost knocks the ball away, but is surely too late to stop the rebound.."
" But finally the defenders wake up and do something useful as kroklotha keeps the ball of the line. With only a few minutes left the fief's squad needs to keep the defense up.
The querria striker whose name i don't care about anymore shoots a final shot on the goal, it is blocked by kwetzh, who immediately runs away with it, how can he still keep up that speed last minute?"
"I don't know Jim but look at him run! he runs past one defender!
"two!"
"three!"
"the last two defenders and the goalkeeper mover to his side, but he shoots to the other side of the field!"
"there is paws who accepts the ball and work it in the goal! what a oversight from the goalkeeper and how well spotted from kwetzh."
"the fans cry out kwetzh's name again and again as the referee ends the match, what a brilliant performance of the lightning-fast winger"
"I wonder if other nations got any answers for him he really can just walk away with matches like that if they allow him to, well thats all for now. Join us later folks for a first of many interviews with players and people around them. I'm bob with my co-host Jim from munisipaliya stadion with a 3-2 victory for the fief of sir kunne against querria

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:18 pm

BEATEN
Roman Barlaan, El Diario Deportivo del Sangti

Nouvel Ecosse 1 (McFadden, 37), Sangti 0
Baptism of Fire 52 Preliminary Stage
Stadion Republicana, Kinitaria

Despite preparations for the Baptism of Fire have gone well, the Agilang Dilaw of Sangti bowed to a 0-1 loss to Nouvel Ecosse. A 37th minute strike from Darren McFadden was the only goal of the game. The game was held in Stadion Republicana in Kinitaria in an afternoon full of action and Sangtian fans who had a long trip to Kinitaria were obviously disappointed by the performance of Sangti.

Lineups
NOUVEL ECOSSE
1 Frazer
2 Zanetti ©
3 Franklin
4 Van Miller (Skerla 82')
5 Di Nesbo
6 Cahill
25 Malloch
16 LaFleur (Holt-Ash 72')
7 Sanchez
10 McFadden (Donovan 90')
11 Reno

SANGTI
1 Navarette ©
2 Bautista
3 Pablo
4 Docdoc (Lampa 62')
5 Ang (Arceo 84')
6 Calayag
7 Sor
8 Linsangan (Manuel 65')
11 Sanchez
10 Magcaleng
9 Utanes
An unispiring performance at the back consigned Sangti to defeat in its first official tournament, and the second straight defeat in non-friendlies after the 1-4 disappointment in Equestrian States courtesy of Gaveo. The forward line was active at the start of the first half, with clear cut chances from John Utanes and Adrian Magcaleng forced Zinedine Frazer to make quality saves.

However, the attack subsided for the rest of the game and the Agilang Dilaw allowed Nouvel Ecosse to spring attack after attack to Sangti. The effort from them paid off in the 37th minute when McFadden scored the opening goal after a failed clearance from Roman Ang gave the forward a space to lash a curled shot that gave Williard Navarette no chance.

The second half was the same, and the game was almost put beyond doubt in the 90th minute when McFadden striked the ball just outside the box, forcing Navarette to parry the shot wildly.

---

At the post-match conference at Kinitaria, questions were asked to Jerous Manalo about the game and other stuffs. Some of the questions were fortunately recorded by DDSangti and is exclusively posted here.

Interviewer: Jerous, you lost at your BoF debut. What implications it may cause?

JM: We have to review our tactics, we were disappointing that afternoon.

Interviewer: Of all the sides in the BoF, what sides are you looking forward to face someday?

JM: We hope to have a match with Mizuyuki, Lzherusskia, Luzvimindia and our archrivals. Mizuyuki performed well in the Market Cup. Lzherusskia is a promising team. Luzvimindia is a team that we are interested with. Sana makaharap namin sila sa matchday 3. (I hope that we will face them at matchday 3.) And for the other team I mentioned, that's prerogative to see that we can destroy that puny nation.

Interviewer: Will you make changes at the lineup against Piddlehinton?

JM: Changes are expected, especially in defense. We have to tell the players that the all the starting places are not permanent. And change is the only permanent thing in the world.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Ethington
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethington » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:34 pm

ACT THREE: Victory
Posted by AJ at 7:39

38', GOAL, Césasarælía, right-footed shot (1)
49', Willmore, dissent (1)
71', GOAL, Césasarælía, volley (2)
81', Aarslund, time wasting (1)
81', ErstwaiteAarslund
84', ShirffleDeLaRosa
84', St. ClaireTrengrove

Look at that guys! We won! I guess all of my misgivings about the goalkeeping were wrong! Granted, when you only have to make three saves, you aren't exactly battle-tested. Either way, Hamren stopped all of the shots she needed to, and the squad recorded their first clean sheet! This game was a good way to ease everyone's nerves. As Avalon Césasarælía netted her first goal in the 38th minute, I saw everyone on the bench's shoulders relax. Not only that, but the flow of passes was a lot crisper and cleaner. There was even a little gamesmanship, late in the 80th minute. By this point Césasarælía had scored another goal, a volley off a deflection at seven yards out. Borealia was pushing hard to try to close the gap to one, but Donnel made a tactical substitution by replacing Craig Aarslund with Lyle Erstwaite. Was the substitution necessary? No. Aarslund was playing magnificently, and there was no reason to take him off, other than to waste time and slow Borealia's attack. Even he knew this, as he went to shake the hand of the referee and to pat the back of Césasarælía before leaving the pitch. He was assessed a yellow card for it, but I think he would agree that it was worth it.

Under the Casaran system, winning this game put us up into 8th. Next, we'll face The City of Woe, 2:1 winners over Soviet New Ireland. Watch for Willmore to play more cautiously on the right-center side, as he won't want to accumulate any more yellow cards in this short tournament. It's safe to say that if he gets booked twice more, Coach Donnel will look to hold him on the bench as a safety precaution. You wouldn't want a defender to suddenly get a red card, especially in a world tournament. Not that our defensive reserves couldn't take care of the back line, I just would rather see a Willmore on the left flank than a Trengrove or an Erstwaite. Either way, this team is set for the rest of the tournament. A great win will have boosted the teams morale, and shown them just what they can do.

Until next time, AJ, signing off from Kinitaria!

As I hit the post button for the third time, I cursed myself for not bringing along a better aircard. I figured that this one would be reliable enough to piggyback the connection in my hotel room, and reach the servers back in Ethington. Jokes on me, right? Finally the post went through, and I shut the laptop lid. I looked out the window, and saw nothing but darkness. The flickering lights on the alarmclock read 2:31. I'd taken advantage of my sleep schedule still being crazy messed up to go ahead and post to the blog. Even though it had taken me an hour to write the post, I still wasn't tired. We'd been given a tentative schedule for tomorrow. As I looked down at it, I'd realized exactly why Larissa had gone to bed early. Even though they'd just won, Donnel was still making them practice at 8 AM the next morning. I laughed quietly, and set the schedule on the end table by the bed. I crawled in the bed, and took off the thin headband I was wearing. Larissa turned next to me. She was smiling, deservedly so.

Nandezia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nandezia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Nandezia cruises to 4-1 win!

It was the 10th minute, and Nandezia had started out strong. They were holding possession for the majority of the first few minutes, when they won a corner. Leon Lothaire trotted over the post and raised his hand. He swung in the cross and it was going near post, right next to the goal. The Kalusian defender guarding the near post tried to jump up and head it out, and the goalie couldn't reach it; the ball curled in directly from Lothaire's corner! The Canaries were off to a great start!

At the 40 minute mark, the Canaries won their 4th corner of the half. Serge Rey, up from the back, came storming in from the top of the box and dominated a header into the bottom corner. The goalie had no chance! The Tweeties had a 2-0 lead!

Directly after the start of the second half, Nandezia had a break away after a failed Kalusian attack. Lothaire, scooping up the clearance, saw Alban sprinting down the middle, he launched the ball forward. The goalie, trying to outran Alban to the ball, came out of the box. Alban got their first and quickly tapped it up and over the goalie and into the wide open goal.

In the 70th minute, Alban struck again. He was brought down in the box on a Nandezian attack by Zanti, who was given a yellow card. Alban shook off the injury, put the ball down at the penalty spot, and struck one home in the bottom left. The Canaries led 4-0 in their first ever international game!

In the 87th minute, Kalusia was throwing everyone forward to salvage goal difference. On one corner that came near post, the ball was headed on, and then headed softly in by Zanti, the defender, who certainly felt relief after giving away a penalty.

The final whistle blew and the Nandezians celebrated a 4-1 win of Kalusia to start off their international carrer, and the Baptism of Fire 52. Their next game is against Tasrailia, who won their first game 1-0. The Canaries will be looking to continue their form, and keep the goals coming!

Game Summary
Lothaire (Nandezia) 10' GOAL
Rey (Nandezia) 40' GOAL
Alban (Nandezia) 47' GOAL
Zanti (Kalusia) 70' YELLOW CARD
Alban (Nandezia) 71' GOAL (PEN)
Zanti (Kalusia) 87' GOAL
Sports:
Nicolas Godofredo, 3rd Place at 1st NationStates Open
Baptism of Fire 52: Round of 16

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 pm

"Bien-Welk! Good Evening. Magda Wertauer visiting your homes tonight via NETV Sports 7 Update. The Neu Engollon National Football team brings home it's first International win and it's a big one, people! Triumphing 4-0 over Joshulia and rising to the top of the ranking chart, the Goats are making a lot of people proud. We go live to the BoF, with Coach Remy Henau. Coach, can you hear me?"

"Oh, yeah, Magda, I'm here."

"Send our congratulations to the team from folks back here in the Confederacy!"

"Thank you, Magda, I will. We're pretty happy right now. Ya know, enjoying it while it lasts."

"Um, yeah, ok. About that Coach, you've gotten a lot of bad press here lately for accused pessimism. How do you feel about that?"

"Bad press? Ya mean that hack, jerk-writer Charjan from the Telleursville Times. He can go suck a-"

"ON THE AIR, Coach!"

"...bunch of eggs. What? Yeah, he's wrong and totally off base. I am not being fatalistic at all about our chances. I think we're doing quite well and I expect a lot from the boys."

"Including in the World Cup qualifiers?"

"No, that's different, and contrary to what Charjan says, I can distinguish the two. I still expect a lot at the WC, but it's apples and oranges. We stand an equal chance here, at the Bee - Ohh - Eff. Probably pretty good now, and the boys are playing great."

"Yes, indeed. Grazzani, Siebech, Vuson and...well that was it."

"Yep, That was it. Siebech knocked in two goals, the first one at minute 7, and the final one at 83 minute mark."

"Fantastic! We loved it back here. Every attack on goal and penalty kick. What do you think happened to the Joshulians?"

"Well, not sure, Magda. First match jitters, but I'd like to think it was mostly that the Goats were really on our game."

"Absolutely. Well put, Coach Henau. I know you need to go. Thank you for talking with us."

"Yeah, sure. Give Charjan my love. Tell him I'll be seeing him when we get back."

"Oh, Coach...OK, on to the Hockey World Cup rundown in a couple, after these messages..."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Kalusia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalusia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:45 pm

''It's on!''

With those words, Hali Kûrzêr opened the first broadcast of International Football on KTV1. The introtune is played by the live band in the studio, and the moderate audience of around 60 middle-aged men cheered. ''Today on the very first International Football, here on KTV1 we have three guests: Ramôn Belis, author of the book ''We are not alone''! There'll be Green-party politician Hozêr Hesmân in the studio! And we are going to watch the match Kalusia verus Nandezia!''
OOC info: Belis is indicated by B, Hesmân is indicated by H and Kûrzêr is indicated by K.

K: So, welcome. We are close to seeing the very first game of the Kalusian team in the international football world, and we are excited! Let me introduce our guests for tonight to you: first of all we have the bestseller author Ramôn Belis, he for example wrote the novels We are not alone, and The people that you knew''. Hello, Ramôn!
B: Hello, Hali. It's wonderful joining you tonight to watch the very first official match Kalusia will play.
K: It sure is! Joining us tonight as well is Hozêr Hesmân, the third man on the voting list of the Green Party! Welcome, Hozêr, you've always been a great fan of football, haven't you?
H: I have, I have. It's wonderful seeing the first match Kalusia will play first-handedly, as well as being here for the first time you are presenting your own show here.
K: Ah, yes, this is my first time presenting a show live on television, I've been promoted really from commentary to a live talkshow! Haha. During halftime we will be joined by GVKBay goalie Umôs Rai! So, let's have a look at the Kalusian boys who have to make the field shine tonight, shall we?
informational video plays
K: Now, Ramôn, what would you have done differently in this setup?
R: Erm... That's just my unprofessional opinion, not much I can put to reason, but I think Mobinâs would have the best chance playing 4-3-3 instead of 4-4-2.
K: Why is that then?
R: Well, you see, now there is a strong offense with both Fejâs and Tornej, but I'd much prefer seeing Kâmarân play and have Brôntir move to the more defensive position lower on the field. But, and that was to be expected with Mobinôs, he favours Srêdonâ above all it seems.
H: I don't find that necessarily a bad thing, seeing that a bond could reach out over a somewhat lacking quality. They've been together a two different teams, KVB and thereafter KîrsemSC for five years now. That counts for something, right?
K: Who knows? Are politics and football alike in that sense then, Hozêr?
H: Let's say for now that tradition is more important then capabilities sometimes, yes!
laughter in crowd
K: Whether or not Mobinôs made the right decision, we shall see! Kalusia versus Nandezia, we'll turn to Kinitaria with live match footage and commentary by Fâx Zunk after these messages.

Halftime (score 0-2)

K: Welcome back Kalusia! We just saw Kalusia's first half and what do we think? Hozêr?
H: It feels like a chaos on the field, many balls are lost on the midfield, passing is incomplete quite sometimes and defense doesn't seem to be very concentrated.
R: I very much agree. They score through what'shisname... Lothaire, and because that was not part of the plan chaos ensues, granting them the 0-2 head start through Serge Rey after forty minutes. You should have a backup plan to make sure you don't lose it in those situations.
K: But is there anything good to say?
R: Why, yes, of course, there's always the offense that can create a dangerous situation, but as long as you don't score from that, it's of little use.
K: What situation specifically?
R: Right now, especially the one in the 38th minute, still zero to one there, Tornej whips up the midfield and the offense, and then nearly scores, sadly he hit the iron.
K: Let's have a look again.
clip plays
K: Wonderful. Now, Ramôn, do we have a shot at this still?
R: We certainly do, but if anything the team should remain focused, and not stick their head in the sand as soon as something goes wrong.
H: I think the same too, yes, but I certainly hope that the Mobinôs thrusts the focus of the team into offense, and doesn't want to play solely defensively now. They had two lucky shots, one was a corner kick that fluked off, for God's sake, so there is a very decent chance still, yes.
K: We shall see. We return to Kinitaria with our commentator Fâx Zunk.

Game is over (score 1-4)

K: Welcome back. The Golden Stripes have been humiliated by the score, but through talking, we will remain at the positive side. One to four, is this just real bad luck, or was this a sinking ship, Hozêr?
H: Well, looking back at the game, maybe it's topped by the lucky corner, but the grande passing at the corner kick by Gôjlêv really made an impression as a footballing good goal, whereas the Nandezians scored through what I like to call a lucky corner, one counter which went way to slow in my opinion, a penalty and a high ball to profit from a goalie's mistake. Then I find the great pass by Gôjlêv to be the best goal of the match.
R: Not just that but also the switchouts, it's like Mobinôs heard me, switching out Srêdonâ for Kâmarân, switching Tornej for Têrzibâlt and switching Terûm for Tojavîs in the end, those are exactly the subs that I would've used.
K: So, we can safely say that there's nothing lost but three points?
H: Absolutely, nobody got hurt, nothing went wrong, all is still good I believe.
R: Yes, if we'd just win all matches from now on it'd be fine, let's hope we can qualify for the knockout at least.
K: Tomorrow, the Golden Stripes will fight the Suns, from Chiata, they lost one to nill from the Fair Republic. This is all the time KTV has given us for today, see you tomorrow!
Outro tune plays

GAME SUMMARY:
KALUSIA 1 - 4 NANDEZIA
Possession 46%-54%
Shots 5 - 8
Shots on Target 2 - 4
Yellow Cards 1 - 0
Red Cards 0 - 0

10' Lothaire, 0-1
40' Rey, 0-2
45' Srêdonâ< >Kâmarân (KLU)
47' Alban, 0-3
63' Lothaire< >Dupont (NAN)
70' YELLOW CARD Zanti
71' Alban, 0-4 (pen.)
75' Leopold< >Aquino (NAN)
75' Tornej< >Têrzibâlt (KLU)
87' Zanti, 1-4
90' Terûm< >Tôjavîs
A Lons puppet. Mainly used for puppety stuffs.

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:57 pm

52nd Baptism of Fire: Our First Win In The BOF Proves Have A Big Impact

By: Steven Smith

Felix beats Penileanium 4-0 in a relatively easy match for the Phoenix in the packed Stadion Lumar Beqiri. Many fans gave the team and the head coach thumbs up as they left the stadium. Meanwhile rivals Speranda lose to the German-Spanish Empire 1-2, giving fans and the team itself a outside the team boost. Anyways, lets talk about the game, no? In the first half Felix scored two goals, the first goal came in the 9th minute and was scored by Yun Dong Lee, now playing for a Northern Sunrisian team, after a nice assist from Mikel Abaroa. Another 9 minutes pass by and Felix scores again but this time Mikel Abaroa scores from a free kick after Ziya Saqqaf, was fouled by the Penileanium defender. Felix tried to increase their lead in the 22nd minute with a attempt at goal from Lee but the attempt hit the crossbar and prevented another goal. One last attempt from the Felix resulted in a offside play the goal was marked off. Halftime and Felix dominates the first half, 2-0.

The second half more of the same for Felix as they continued to dominate the hapless Penileaniumese, the third goal of the match came in the 49th minute with a goal from Yun Dong Lee with a assist from Ziya Saqqaf, Felix increases their lead, 3-0. Felix seemed to be satisfied with the win already so Daniel Cardona, substituted Lee for Eutimio Salazar from Sieberg, to slow the match down. But that obviously failed as a cross from Felix Pier, got to Salazar and as headed into the net and Felix was ahead by four goals in the 58th minute. The defense of Felix prevented any attempts or penetration for that matter, from the Penileaniumese, and the scored remained shutout. Although one attempt did get through but Viggo Tyko of Cato, blocked it easily. Felix again sent one last attack against the opposing side but it broke down near the end as Drake Kelsey failed to make the last pass. The final whistle blew and Felix won their very first WC sanctioned match, 4-0.

And as always here are the official statistics from today's match.

Goals
(9th): Yun Dong Lee (FEL)
(18th): Mikel Abaroa (FEL)
(49th): Yun Dong Lee (FEL)
(58th): Eutimio Salazar (FEL)
Assists
(9th): Mikel Abaroa (FEL)
(49th): Ziya Saqqaf (FEL)
(58th): Felix Pier (FEL)
Possession
PEN: 40%
FEL: 60%
Fouls
PEN: 9
FEL: 2
Cards
Yellow: N/A
Red: N/A
Injuries
N/A

Now here are the statistics for the whole tournament so far.

Goals
Yun Dong Lee (2)
Mikel Abaroa (1)
Eutimio Salazar (1)
Assists
Mikel Abaroa (1)
Ziya Saqqaf (1)
Felix Pier (1)
Clean Sheets
Viggo Tyko (1)
Yellow Cards
N/A
Red Cards
N/A
Injury List
N/A

The press conference that came after the match was joyous and fun hearted as the victorious coach, Cardona came out of the locker room. He had a few things to say about the win, telling the press that Felix did exactly what they planned to do, he was surprised that Salazar did so well in when he came in and scored that beautiful header. He also said that he looks forward to the team they will be facing next, which was Mr. Creeper. Many experts in Felixan national football expect a easy win for the Phoenixes and another 3 points for the early stages of the BOF. In related news the U-15 World Cup will be starting soon as the FFA announced the players in the Felix U-15 National Team. They are expected to go far in the tournament and we wish them good luck. Felix faces a Mr. Creeper that won 1-0 against Kazan. Will Felix pull a win and go 2-0? We will find out next week, reporting from Kinitaria, this is Steven Smith. Until next time, folks.
Last edited by Felix on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tasrailia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasrailia » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 pm

Tasrailia Blog 2
Tasrailia 1-0 Mizuyuki

As Tasrailia went into their debut match against the fancy Mizuyuki side, the TV's from all across the nation came to hopefully see history being made. But no one was expecting a win against the much for fancy of Mizuyuki.

The first 23 minutes was a hectic one as it was tight and no one could barely get a shot in. That was until, Honda Midori slid into Timothy Mole and before the crowd argue, a pentanley was given in favor of Tasrailia.

Robin Federer was going to take the kick, he went for it and before they were shocked, it the post. Thinking that it would say out, you could feeling the tenson as it went into the net. The crowd couldn't believe the luck. The unknowns had scored their first ever goal in the Baptism of Fire 52 and it came from a pentanley.

More minutes went by and just as it was about to be full time, yellow was shown, but not to Tasrailia, but to Akiyama Yoko from the opposition team and the relief flew in the stands. The final whistle sounded and the crowd couldn't believe it, the unknown taking the win and moved to number 18 in the rankings.

Tasrailia next oppoent will be against Nandezia, tomorrow and may maybe another upset is on the cards.

The Greater Archipelago
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Archipelago » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:12 am

ABO Sports

The Lowdown

We did it! We won our first game of the Baptism of Fire! The Greater Archipelago 2, Piddlehinton 0. Two goals and a clean sheet for the Archipelago to top it all off. Here's a quick match report.

The Greater Archipelago 2-0 Piddlehinton

Borla 32
Harrison 75

The anticipation was high. We had seen a fantastic 3-3 draw between Free Republics and Mechelen, but now was what the Archipelagoan fans in the stadium had been waiting for. The packed Stadion Universitii was ready for a great game. The Greater Archipelago fans were in great voice and the sheer lack of Piddlehinton fans meant that cheers for them were virtually non existant.

The Greater Archipelago kicked it off. The team initially didn't seem to be eager to attack, instead preferring to build confidence with a good possessional spell. Piddlehinton on the other hand didn't seem to attack the ball and want to gain possession. By the 20th minute with The Greater Archipelago well and truly settled into the game, they started going on the attack. They were clearly looking for the head of Borla, but the Piddlehinton defense could just about keep him out. Until the 32nd minute. Piddlehinton launched a counter attack down the left hand flank, but they were dispossessed by Bentley. Bentley took it up the line. A quick one-two with Cohen and Bentley was through. He played a sublime cross into the box, which Borla, in acres of space, was able to head into the back of the net with pace and power. 1-0 to the Archipelago. This gave The Greater Archipelago confidence that they might be able to win this one comfortably. Darren Mason was visibly delighted. For the rest of the first half The Greater Archipelago couldn't get a goal. Just before half time, a Sampson free kick was played into the box brilliantly. Borla connected a monster header to it. It sailed in, but just as Borla peeled off to celebrate his second goal of the night he spotted the linesman had his flag up. Borla had been deemed to be offside. Replays revealed that he was just about in line, much to the anger of the crowd. At half-time the score was 1-0.

Piddlehinton got the game under way again. Clearly trying to replicate what The Greater Archipelago had done in the first half, they just tried to keep the ball. This was clearly frustrating the players, but the Archipelagoan player didn't leap out of position and closed down the player on the ball well. 15 minutes into the half and with the only real action being a yellow card for Peel after a slightly late challenge and now Borla had tired out trying to put pressure on the defence. He was taken off and Nick Gasson was introduced to the field of play. Still no luck. The Greater Archipelago were now getting much more chances, but Gasson was not in good scoring form and unable to find the net. In the 65th minute, with Flick and Mason getting eager for a cushion, off came Fold and in came Harrison and a new formation, 4-4-2. In the 75th minute forward came the Archipelago once more. The ball came into the box from another Bentley cross. This one, Gasson, with his back to goal, controlled on his chest and flicked it onto Harrison, who blasted it home for 2-0. The third substitution was made as now with a more defensive stance needing to be taken, off came Sampson, to a standing ovation, and on came Lucas May and a switch to a 4-2-2-2 formation. In the 87th minute Jack Connell gave away a free kick near the box. He received a yellow card. A Piddlehinton midfielder stood up to take it. He curved it brilliantly around the wall and it was on target, but David Harris calmly sprung away to make the save. It was the first vaguely challenging stop Harris had had to make all match. The referee blew for full time and The Greater Archipelago had won 2-0.

After the match I asked Gareth James for his view after the match.

GJ: Well, they won and that is very important. The clean sheet will give them confidence and of course they'll know it should've been 3-0. Borla wasn't offside, but never mind. They can't afford to start the match so slowly against most teams, but Mason and Flick will know that. They also need to make sure they take their chances better as there were far too many chances missed. Against stronger opposition you won't get anywhere near as many chances as that. And discipline. Two yellow cards is a little bit too many. Still promising early signs.

Player ratings:

David Harris - 8
Matt Bentley - 9 (Man of the Match)
Jack Connell - 7
Luke O'Leary - 8
Simon Delley - 7
Richard Peel - 7
Michael Sampson - 8 (Captain)
Roger Cohen - 8
Miles Ray - 7
Robert Fold - 7
Harry Borla - 9
Lucas May - 6
Oliver Harrison - 8
Nick Gasson - 7

Starting formation: 4-2-3-1

Finishing formation: 4-2-2-2

That win puts us ninth in the table. Next game is against The Fair Republic, who won their last game 2-1 against Chiata. They lie 14th. It will be another challenge for The Greater Archipelago. Tune into that match on ABO Sports 1, ABO Sports 1 HD and ABO Sports 3D this evening. I'll post on The BoF Blog later today and they'll be another episode of The Lowdown tomorrow, same time, on ABO Sports 2 and ABO Sports 1 HD live from Kinitaria. See you tomorrow.

Saying goodbye, yours truly, live from Kinitaria

James Reid
Last edited by The Greater Archipelago on Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
This is my personal view, not my nation's

LIVERPOOL! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
HARLEQUINS!!

Winner-
Runner-up-
Third-place- Baptism of Fire 52

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Luzvimindia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzvimindia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:51 am

THE SPORTS LOUNGE

It begins with a... DRAW!
by: Lorenzo Lozano - 6:53 pm June 6, 2013 (Luzvimindia Time); 10:53 am June 6, 2013 (UTC)

One to one, that is the score of the very first international soccer match of Luzvimindia. It was a great match held in the Arena Damacii in Damaciu, about 150 km southeast of Mi'ato. Over 26,000 soccer fans of both sides and from the city of Damaciu filled the stadium to see the spectacle that began with a Tantamir vs. Europa Brittania match. Prior to the match, Coach PJ gave a few inspiring words to the whole team. He said that win or lose, it is what they do that counts. He added that no matter the outcome, they should continue fighting, anyway it is just their first match. A short prayer was presided over by general manager of the Luzvimindia Eagles and President of the Luzvimindian Football Association, Renato Delos Santos, before all the players entered the arena. By around 6 pm local time, the games began with the signing of the national anthem of Kinitaria followed by that of Luzvimindia and then that of Tirdarsaor, by exactly 6:21 am, the match started.

The first 38 minutes went by with no goals being scored by either team. Both teams showed outstanding defense during those minutes but their offense suffered as a result. 38-year old Fionnbharr Ó Scolaighe, Tirdasaor's goalkeeper, managed to deflect two tries at a goal by our center-forward, Rommel Lim, while the defenders, 39-year old Eoghan Mac an t-Saoir, 27-year old Pádraig Mag Uidhir and Aodhán Ó Domhnaill, made it even more difficult for the rest of our midfielders to attempt an open goal. However, on the other end of the field, the four defenders Miguel Ermita, Angeles Quijano, Angelo Quebral and Sherwin Vitug, managed to hold down 39-year old center-forward and team captain of Tirdasaor, Éanna Ó Cadhla, to just two attempts as well at the goal.

Things started heading south for the Luzvimindia Eagles when attacking-midfielder Fearghus Mac Giolla Eoin found a hole to the right of the Luzvimindian defense and scored a huge goal coming from a great pass by center-midfielder, Diarmaid Ó Faoláin, at the 39th minute. Lim tried answering but it was too late for the halftime mark had been reached.

In the locker room, Coach PJ from a 4-3-2-1 to a 4-5-1 formation, in the hopes of keeping the defense strong while getting the two wings to take the forward spots when needed in order to help the center-forwards in opening for a goal.

15 minutes later, the second half began with Tirdasaor giving an even tighter defense with their 3-3-2-1-1 formation than in the first half. By the 60th minute, the score remained at 1-0 and with most of Luzvimindia's starters already worn out and most on the bench, it is only a matter of time before Tirdasaor scores another goal or wins the game. However, the tables were turned at the 78th when forward left-wing Emilio Vinson scored a goal from a steal and pass by center midfielder Mateo Garredo. From the 78th to the 85th, the Eagles managed to get their rhythm and nearly scored another goal if not for the skill of Scolaighe. In the last few minutes of the game, Tirdasaor mounted a strong offense but the four Luzvimindian defenders managed to stop their run and kicked the ball past the halfway line, ending the match.

Final recap of the score is 1-1:

39' Mac Giolla Eoin - 78' Vinson

In a post-game interview with Coach PJ, he said that it was a great match, all the players did their best even those of Tirdarsaor and that it was an honor to play soccer with them. He also added that the Luzvimindia Eagles have much to improve on but he is confident that by the next match, they will be ready.

The next match of the Eagles will be against the Aels National Football Team tomorrow evening. Again, this is Lorenzo Lozano, reporting from the Baptism of Fire in Kinitaria, see you in my next update! (Pictures to be uploaded in my next update as well! Stay tuned!)

© National Television Broadcasting Network. June 6, 2013.
Republic of Luzvimindia

Non-nation related Roleplays
1500: Brave New World as The Colony of Nueva Aragón
History of Empires as The Kingdom of Medar

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:40 am

I forgot to show my kits. The edges are a little weird because I don't know how to correctly copy and paste images yet.

Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

Qatarus
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qatarus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:45 am

OOC: As the cutoff came before my opening post, count that in the RP bonus, too. I didn't write that for nothing.

Metropolis Mania 1 - 0 Qatarus

Yesterday, Qatarus' first international match ended with a loss. The match, played at 9:00 pm Qatarian Time, was a relatively quiet one.
In the first part of the match, both sides seemed to be equal, with few occasions to score. Notable was Zlatan Ibrahimovic's shot in the 22nd minute, which was closely defended by the Metropolitan goalkeeper, Kyle Arthurs. After another few close shots, also defended by the goalkeeper, which was cheered on by fans from Metropolis Mania. As the team gained morale, the effects were easily seen. Metropolis Mania had possession of the ball for longer periods than Qatarus as it went onto the offensive. Soon, in the 43rd minute, Riley Catan succeeded in scoring, thus bringing the score to 1-0 for Metropolis Mania. Before any other attempt at scoring could commence, the first half was up.

In the second half, Qatarus desperately tried to bring the score back in their favor. Fernando Torres was brought to replace Cristiano Ronaldo. In the 57th minute, Torres faulted Lard Cogeco, a Metropolitan midfielder. A penalty kick was awarded, but Torres missed. The second chance at a goal showed itself when Qatarian midfielder Arjen Robben sends the ball shooting towards the goal. But Kyle Arthurs, the Metropolitan goalkeeper, defended it.

Thus, the game ended at 1-0 for Metropolitan Mania. Our next game is against Phing Phong. This nation has lost its first game against Sudagiu 4-0, so we might have better chances against it. Now, it's time to show our national team's new kits, courtesy of Kirola:

Home
ImageImage
Away
ImageImage

Tune in tomorrow for live coverage of our next match against Phing Phong. See you then!
Last edited by Qatarus on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Punum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Punum » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 am

Punum Suffer Defeat In Opening Round Of Baptism Of Fire

Yesterday, Punum suffered a 3-0 defeat to the hands of Neo Lemmitanian in their first game of the Baptism of Fire, Punum were completely outclassed by their opposition.

Right from the kick-off Neo Lemmitanian were on the offensive, forcing an outstanding save from Felix Briggs in the first couple of minutes. From that Punum went straight onto the counter, but it was all put to waste when veteran Martin Hood smashed the ball high and wide from 20 yards out. That was Punum's only chance for a while. Neo Lemmitanian went straight back onto the attack and were on the edge of the box but couldn't get past the centre backs, then on the twenty first minute Bingson got the ball 30 yards out and tried his luck, and scored, Felix Briggs couldn't get near it. From then on Neo Lemmitanian were taking shots left, right and centre making Felix Briggs pull of amazing saves. By the end of the first half it was Neo Lemmitanian one, Punum nil and Neo Lemmitanian took 11 shots.

In the second half, things got worse for Punum, in the forty-seventh minute Mick Mickleson got the ball in the box and laid it off to Bingson once again, and from 15 yards, he hammered it into the top right hand corner, Felix Briggs was rooted to the spot. Round the 50 minute mark, Zackary Brown brought on Craig Hoffman for Albert Chandler, he turned out to be an effective substitution, with nothing getting passed him until the 70th minute when Mitchell McSheen zig-zagged round him and the two centre backs and chipped it over Felix Briggs onto the head of Mick Mickleson and into the goal. After that Punum went on to the offensive and Aaron McGuire, who had been brought for Martin Hood, got pulled down in the box, but the referee somehow didn't see it. The game ended Neo Lemmitanian Three, Punum Nil.

Punum are now ranked 54th in the rankings and their next game is against Soviet New Ireland who are placed 41st. Zackary Brown has announced the team.

GK: Felix Briggs
RB: Craig Hoffman
CB: Norman Ismael
CB: Rick Curtis
LB: Marcos Dane
CDM: Lenny Dotson
RM: Michael Dean
LM: Henry Dean
CAM: Rodrick Dalton
CAM: Chris Lloyd
ST: Aaron McGuire

SUBS

Bill Hanson
Albert Chandler
Clinton Conley
Matthew Jewell
Neil Long
Malcolm Guzman
Martin Hood

There are four changes in the starting eleven; Craig Hoffman is on for Albert Chandler, Norman Ismael is on for Clinton Conley, Chris Lloyd and Aaron McGuire come on for Malcolm Guzman and Martin Hood. The captain will be Felix Briggs and he will hope to lead Punum to their first victory in the Baptism of Fire.

By Lee Mueller
Last edited by Punum on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
This nation doesn't represent my actual political views

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82
KTP Ranking: 71
Quarter Finals: T20 Cricket WC4
Semi Finals:
3rd:
2nd:
Winners: Britanual Athletics Tournament 1

Nouvel Ecosse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvel Ecosse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:57 am

Albaie
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Albaie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

Count Deberen stood in the dressing room looking around at his players. " What kind of performance was that " He roared rounding on the striker Tererent. Tererent looked dumbstruck and stayed silent. " You stupid idiot tell me " The manager roared at the young striker.
" We were poor " The young Dubrack's Town Celtic player said quietly.
" Poor you think that was poor. Poor would be if we actually played alright and were just unlucky that was such rubbish the only one of you who did anything in that game was him " The count continued shouting pointing at the goalkeeper Eretson. " Now we had 5 shots on target three of them were shocking right into his arms. The one that the centerback got a foot on was pure luck for them and that last one even I have to admit brilliant save. " Deberen started to stop screaming. " What we need to improve on for the next game " Deberen said as he pulled out a notepad and looked at it. " Defense you need to be more decisive you were like sitting ducks when you got the ball. Center mids keep playing out those balls and William you need to keep getting your head on the ball and getting it back up the pitch. " Deberen said and was pleased to see his captain nod. " Tererent you looked a bit not at the top of your game so Queb looks like you will get your first start next match. " The manager said and then went to walk out. " Lads get dressed and then get to the bus early night tonight we have to win tomorrow. " Deberen then walked out the door. He put his head in his hands he knew he needed to win if they were to stand any chance at the World Cup they needed to make their mark now.

Albaie fans in the Stadion Viteanii Revolusii were quite upset they had expected to come here and see the creative flair of the national team tear apart teams except now they were sat after a draw wondering if they would crash and burn out of this tournament or if victory was still a chance.
Emperor Michael II Dubrack Dubracksson his most catholic majesty, the papal gentlemen, Crusher of the Republic. Emperor of Albaie islands, New Albaie, Rutenburg, Petrelle, Dubracksland-Newfoundland, Leifson-Newfoundland, Dubracksland, Firecount, Wetern, Retu, Tere, Ilop, Yerekn, Tenke and Hurte.
Crown Prince Dubrack Dubrack Dubracksson
Rated AAA by InterHoh Orginzation
King of the Nationstates Loyalist Resistance Army
Embassy Thread

The Greater Archipelago
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Archipelago » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am

ABOSports.com

All the stories! All the rumours!

The BoF Blog
By James Reid
Posted 06/06/2013

2-0 to the champions, 2-0 to the champions! However, we are not champions and they are absolutely no guarantees that we will be. However, we've kicked it off with a wonderful win over Piddlehinton. My money was on 3-0 and only a wrongly disallowed goal stopped me from being dead on. The Stadion Universitii, home of Universita Tirinthea, in Tirinthea, was a great stadium to watch a game in. It was a slightly unusual stadium in design, but "the spider"'s architecture I found strangely endearing.

The game was interesting. The Greater Archipelago looked to be just trying to settle themselves against easier opposition, as I suppose should've been expected. Borla proved he could score, not once, but twice(one was wrongly disallowed) and Harrison proved he's a capable scorer. His goal was really important as it showed we have more than just one goal threat. We're 9th in the table, which, although I haven't done the maths yet, puts through to the second round. Unfortunately, there's four more games before that.

Next up is The Fair Republic. I'm about as clued up on them as I was about Piddlehinton. They are much larger than we are, but that doesn't necessarily make them a great football team. That match will be on ABO Sports 1, ABO Sports 1 HD and ABO Sports 3D. During that match there will be another optional live commentary with me, James Reid, and a special guest. Now last week it was Archipelagoan comedian Stuart Craig. The funniest man I've ever met. This week it is going to be actor, Josh MacLean. And guess what to balance it out, he's a Kaymaria fan. Be fair Tupaia Eagles fans, Stuart Craig is a Tupaia Eagles fan. It's gonna be fantastic.

Anway, I bid thee farewell until then,

James Reid

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interview with: Darren Mason
By Andy Blagg
Posted 06/06/2013

Darren, you've made a good start with that win over Piddlehinton. Were you happy with the performance?
Delighted. We were good at we could have had more.

Are you referring to the false offside call?
Absolutely not. Yes, that should have been allowed, but we could have had more elsewhere. I thought the officials were, in general, superb.

There were two omissions from the squad that has surprised most people; Gareth James and Archie Miller. Why did you leave them out?
Well, both were at the final training camp and I was planning to take Miller, but he just picked up an ankle injury so I couldn't. Gareth James, well there were just players that impressed me more.

So nothing to do with that argument?
No. I can't hold grudges and I don't think he can either. We've made up over that one.

Any tactical changes that are going to be made?
I'll be keeping that to myself if you don't mind.

Of course not. Thank you.
You're welcome.
Economic Left/Right: 1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.08
This is my personal view, not my nation's

LIVERPOOL! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
HARLEQUINS!!

Winner-
Runner-up-
Third-place- Baptism of Fire 52

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:42 am

Sporting World

FFR draws Mechelen 3-3
by: Nova Hellstrom

I arrived in Kinitaria a few days ago on assignment from Sporting World to cover the Baptism of Fire. Once again, I am traveling with Rule Theriault's team as they are attempting to win a Baptism of Fire for our Federation. I have to admit that I am not impressed by Kinitaria so far. They are an overly socialistic nation. When I was walking around the street, talking to random people telling them how great the FFR and capitalizm are, somebody actually told me that workers under capitalizm are slaves. Can you believe that? Most of them seem to ignorantly think that their nation is superior to ours.

Of course, I was in the city of Tirinthea, where Mr. Theriault's young team of mostly unheralded, but still superior, Republican athletes was set to play their opener at Stadion Universitii, a 40 thousand seat stadium that is the home ground of Universita Tirinthea. Apparently, Kinitaria has no distinction between college and professional athletics. As you would expect from the tiny size, more fitting of a ballpark than a soccer stadium, the place was a dump. That is to be expected, as Kinitaria is a socialist nation and everybody knows that socialism doesn't work. That's what my economics professor taught me at Plymouth Republic University. I've heard that foreign journalism schools allow journalists to graduate without taking a course in economics. While economics is a boring subject, I understand why I had to sit through it. Journalists shouldn't be leading the public astray on economics through ignorance lest the Progressives con large portions of our Federation into voting for them. I shudder to think what would become of the FFR if those fanatics from the lunatic fringe ever won a Federation election.

Against this backdrop, the opening match of the Baptism of Fire, held under the bizarre Casaran system for some reason, began. Although there were some Republicans and some fans from Mechelen, a nation from the middle of nowhere that I had never heard of, most of the crowd were Kinitarian and they sided with Mechelen, for some reason. Don't these ignorant Kinitarians realize that the FFR is the greatest nation in the multiverse? As the song goes, "I'm proud to be a Republican because at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the ones that fought to set men free." Apparently, the Kinitarians oppressed by their socialistic government with tax rates well above the 10% cap that all decent countries have are happy to be slaves and resent us for being free.

Anyways, there must be some mistake on this roster from Mechelen that I have because it lists the defenders and strikers as having the same names, but different birth dates and clubs. Because of this, I will refer to their strikers and defenders by their kit numbers instead of their names. Early on in the match, Pieter Bakker passed to #21 and #21 took a shot at Ausilio Mancini's goal. Mancini caught the shot in his hands. As he was going to throw it out to a Republican defender, Mancini lifted the ball over his head and dropped it. It bounced into the net for an own goal, officially counted in the 5th minute. "I was trying to get that ball to Arnou [Labrecque]," the Republican keeper told me at halftime, "but I dropped it and it went into the net. That's the first time I've ever done that and it was a total fluke." I saw Mancini play at the DBC and I can confirm that the 20-year-old is a much better player than that.

Just a few minutes later, Mechelen would score again, as #17 put the ball in the bottom left corner off a pass from Frans Mertens. Mancini had gone right, thinking that #17 would shoot in that direction and now Mechelen had an unlikely 2 to nil lead in the 13th minute. Ad van der Laar would be finally be tested, as the Republicans quickly snapped out of it and began to go on the attack. Jens Koch would pass to Kyle Bolton and the Republican captain was through on a breakaway. Bolton took a shot and van der Laar had no choice but to concede a corner. Ayub Sandstrom took the corner, but it was headed away to safety by #20.

The remainder of the first half would be dominated by Mr. Theriault's Republicans. Leo Cremonesi would hit the post not once, but twice and a long shot by Bernard Lukic off of a free kick would be too high. They kept trying and kept watching scoring chance after scoring chance result in nothing, until the 44th minute. Faredin Pozenel had taken a shot, forcing a corner. Bernard Lukic stepped up to take the corner and sent it into the box. Both Jens Koch and #4 leaped to get their head on it. It went just over the head of #4 and Jens Koch headed it into the back of the net. Suddenly, the FFR was within a goal at the half.

Just after halftime, Mechelen would get a 3rd goal. Kieran Hancock conceded a free kick when he accidentally knocked over #13 just outside of the box. Hans Smit came up to take the free kick and hit it under the wall, through the legs of Joseph Poole. The ball was hit hard and with great velocity. Ausilio Mancini dove for it, but miscalculated his dive and could only watch as Mechelen took a 3 to 1 lead.

Surprisingly, Mr. Theriault did not panic in this situation. He stuck with the plan and his team soon acquired a 2nd goal. Ayub Sandstrom delivered a perfect cross to Faredin Pozenel and the 15-year-old took a shot on his first touch. His shot went off the post, but Pozenel ran furiously toward the ball and beat Ad van der Laar, who had dived for the shot, to the ball. Pozenel easily tapped it into the net for a goal. Suddenly, the Republicans were showing signs of life.

In the coming minutes, the Republicans would blow numerous opportunities to equalize. Finally, as time began to run out, a Leo Cremonesi shot was batted out by van der Laar for a corner. Bernard Lukic booted it to the feet of Kyle Bolton and Bolton's shot went off #9 for another corner. Ayub Sandstrom's corner was headed out by Mark van Dijk for another corner. Bernard Lukic's next corner would land at the feet of Leo Cremonesi and Cremonesi's shot would be sent out by van der Laar for yet another corner. This time, Ayub Sandstrom's corner went straight to the head of Bernard Lukic and the Republican midfielder put it into the net for the equalizer. The FFR had tied the score at 3 in the 84th minute!

A few attempts by both teams to break the deadlock and score a 4th goal resulted in nothing and the opening match of the Baptism of Fire for both sides ended in a 3-3 draw. As a result of this outcome, the FFR will face Brenecia tomorrow. Brenecia drew Kikwipeyi nil to nil in their Baptism of Fire opener. With just 4 matches remaining in the Casaran round, the outcome of tomorrow's match will be vital for both Mr. Theriault's Republicans and Brenecia. You can watch the match live on Freedom Sports 8. Check your local cable or satellite listings for channel number and the local time of the match in your area.

I don't know much about Brenecia, but I have heard that they are a colony of New Sideburn, the nation that won the last Baptism of Fire. Since nations can only enter the Baptism of Fire once, I am surprised that international sports officials allow the country of New Sideburn to get away with exploiting this loophole to enter multiple times. However, Mr. Theriault's side will beat them tomorrow anyway because we are the FFR. We are simply better. The level of talent in international sports doesn't compare to the talent in our sports leagues, so it simply wouldn't be fair if we sent our elite athletes abroad to represent our Federation. A bunch of unheralded U-21s with a manager that was unsuccessful in the Plymouth Republic Soccer League were able to dominate the Di Bradini Cup and only a team of horses that shouldn't have been allowed to compete in the DBC anyway, due to the fact that they aren't human, were able to defeat them. Now, Mechelen has picked up a fluke draw, but tomorrow the flukes stop and reality reasserts itself. The reality is that the FFR is the greatest nation in the multiverse and we have the best athletes in the multiverse. Those inferior foreigners will soon find that out.

Nova Hellstrom is an young sports journalist, just out of journalism school. She got her start covering high school soccer for the Petrograd Times. At one time, she played girls soccer for Petrograd Christian School. She was recently discovered by Sporting World and was previously assigned to cover the 27th Di Bradini Cup. By request of Rule Theriault, she will be recapping FFR matches from the Baptism of Fire
Last edited by Free Republics on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Nouvel Ecosse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvel Ecosse » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:37 am

-Hampden-
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby -Hampden- » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:19 pm

MECHELEN TIES IN FIRST MATCH
Confederal Team ties 3-3 with Free Republics have strenuous match

Tirinthea, Kinitaria - Yesterday afternoon, after a strenuous, match characterized by the brilliant if slightly tiring tactics of the Confederals. Our national team played a mixed game, starting strong, but slowly losing stamina and vigour, particularly during the second half of the match, when our team became complacent and was unable to stop the Free Republics' attacks, bypassing our defences and scoring despite van de Laar's magnificent act in the match. Our team scored three times, on minutes 5 and 9 and then, in the second half, right after the beginning of the second half of the match, but was unable to stop the adversaries from scoring too. Some fans and commentators blame Gautier for not letting Bakker (08) to supplant van de Laar after the second Free Republics goal, when it was quite clear that he was if not exhausted, at least tired.

The match's began as expected from two relatively inexperienced teams: not particularly bright but not dull either. The Confederals act in the first half was uneven and prone to a 'boom-and-bust' of some sort. After the grave mistake of the Free Republics' goalkeeper that resulted in a self-goal, the hopes of the Confederals went up, and they were able to quickly expand their advantage thanks to van de Broek's goal on the 13th minute. However, the team's game after that became defensive and rather boring. Initiative and field dominance was in the hand of the Free Republics' team, which nevertheless failed to score several times, only passing van de Laar's guard once on minute 44 after a corner shot.

Probably because of their dullness during the late first half and the Gautier's aggressive coaching during the break, the Confederals returned strong to the field for the second half, after all, they were still winning 2-1. And then the 3-1 came, thanks to Bradwijk's penalty, after being knocked over by Kieran Hancock. People across Mechelen emerged from their houses and bars and started to celebrate the upcoming victory, beer and other liquors running free in the street as fans went crazy happy.

However, the happiness was not to last. The Confederals grew comfortable and the relaxation was easily used by the FRR's team to score not one but two goals that evened the result and for many, ruined what was going to be a great night.

For some reason, there was a great deal of enthusiasm and support for Mechelen in Kiritaria, as the number of Hampenians present was low, although expected to rise, particularly if we pass to the next rounds of the Baptism of Fire.

Today , Mechelen faces Kikwipeyi in what will be an interesting match. The Confederals, however need to win to pass onto the next round, as currently we are on position 23, a far cry from the first positions and hence our classification is not nearly close to be assured.

---

Kent u onze voetbalelftal?: Elbert van den Broek

By Sophie Rutte

De Standaard has decided that our national football team deserves to be well-known, and they have put in me charge on making our readers discover each and every one of our fantastic, shining, football chevaliers. You will be able to discover them more profoundly thanks to this column (in the printed edition of the newspaper) or on my blog in the sports section of the De Standaard's website.

Today we begin with Elbert van den Broek, the first scorer for our country in this Baptism of Fire that was one of us. Of course, we aren't counting the mistake of FRR's goalie. Elbert, or 'Bernie' as some call him (much to his displeasure) is the main striker of the Confederals. 27-years old, not married (attention ladies!) yet and stellar player in the VV Delft. Elbert, born 6 January 1985 in Randwijk, a outer suburb of Delft to a working-class father, he had to struggle with numerous difficulties during his early life, including the death of his parents and was subsequently raised by his paternal grandparents. His grandfather, Jelle was a great football aficionado and subsequently his love for the sport onto his grandson.

Erbert started playing early on, encouraged by his grandfather and soon became a pretty good kid player. When he was 15 he was discovered and would soon be training for the VV Delft. He tells us that the day he told his grandfather about it, he was both incredibly happy and angry. His grandfather did indeed love football, but he was also a big VV Noordsdam fan, the traditional rival of Delft. Nevertheless, as any good raiser should do, he kept his opinions to himself and encouraged the young Erbert to push forward and become famous -and rich- thanks to his talent with the spheric football.

Nowadays, he is 27 years old and says to enjoy the passing pleasures of life. He likes fishing, sporting in general and is an avid book reader, although he admits that he has reduced the amount of books he reads because of his job and the few spare time he has left, particularly now with the Baptism of Fire on top of the rest of his duties as football player for the Confederals.

In conclusion, Erbert is a real keeper, despite being a striker, and I hope him all the best luck possible. He will be answering questions on a web-interview on Saturday on our web page, so it is your time to get to know this handsome football player better.

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Aquitayne Roster

Postby Aquitayne » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Top: Home; Bottom: Away

Squad:

GK | Liam Kneasson | 26
LDM | Cody Kilian | 24
CDM | Kenneth Menega | 25
RDM | Javier Herrman | 27
LDM | Darryl Skinnfeld | 32
RM | Matthew Godines | 28
LCM | Andre Badalamenti | 29
CAM | Neil Gram | 27
LM | Matthew Thakkar | 24
ST | Kurt Hawkin | 28
ST | Max Widley | 30

----------Substitutions Roster----------

GK | Donnie Frisk | 31
LDM | Jacki Herano | 24
RDM | Fredrick Trueheart | 27
CAM | Evan Ljuter | 26
LM | Daniel Ithrig | 24
ST | Patrick Ithrig | 24
ST | Luther Row | 29

Play-Style
Preferred Formation: 4-4-2/3-4-3/4-3-2-1
Style Modifier: +2
Playstyle: Fast-paced defensive style. Will not play too aggressively where possession becomes endangered, but will wait for a counterattack, where in most cases a goal will be scored.
Kit Supplier: Kirola
Nickname: Vik's

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players Y (though not severe injuries)
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events Y, within reason.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports