NATION

PASSWORD

1st Invitational Cup (Soccer)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:02 pm

OK, am I allowed to step in for just a minute? Although you're free to run your tournament whichever way you want, I feel the need to point out that the scorination methods mentioned in this thread (such as rank being a scale from -5 to +5 and being entirely dependent on "amount of matches played") to be patently mistaken unless you plan on introducing some kind of brand new scorination system. I could go into more depth about this and teach anyone willing the theory behind running a tournament, if you like.

Furthermore, it should be noted that Nooooooooland, Zzpi and Sudagiu are all blatant puppets of Schmiegelland. This is not necessarily a bad thing if everyone is aware, but they seem to have been passed off as independent users, which to me seems dishonest and unfair to the other players.

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:11 pm

Last edited by Wight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

St Lucoa
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby St Lucoa » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Nation Name: St. Lucoa
Name of the Football Federation: St. Lucoa Football Federation
Head of the Football Federation: Sir Alexander Charlestoner.
Formation: 4-1-2-1-2
Squad:

Starting 11

GK: Pedro Sanchez
CD: George Huntsley
CD: Kyle Bartington
RB: Simon Gillingham
LB: Steven Shorprey
CDM: Alehondrez Alvarez
LM: Peter Batson
RM: Charles Huppberry
CAM: Graeme Smith
LF: Jacob Simonton
RF: Joe Benson

SUBs

GK: Forrest Smith
CB: Carlos Henderson
CB: Jack Jones
CM: Fentley Harbington
CM: Joe Forrester
CF: Kros Haltberter

Team Style: -1

Check out my football factbook for national team strips and info.
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... ok/id=main
Last edited by St Lucoa on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clint Eastwood: "Dobermans, a guard tower and a wire fence."
Richard Burton: "Fences can be cut or climbed Lieutenant."

St.Lucoa is a series of small Caribbean islands and is also a British Over-seas Territory.
RP population is 70,000 and it's millitary size is just 4,000.
FACTBOOK http://www.nationstates.net/nation=st_l ... 4139Leader

Naulington
Secretary

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Naulington » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:51 pm

The Naulington 'O-Juice' team line-up

Last edited by Naulington on Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Astograth wrote:OK, am I allowed to step in for just a minute? Although you're free to run your tournament whichever way you want, I feel the need to point out that the scorination methods mentioned in this thread (such as rank being a scale from -5 to +5 and being entirely dependent on "amount of matches played") to be patently mistaken unless you plan on introducing some kind of brand new scorination system. I could go into more depth about this and teach anyone willing the theory behind running a tournament, if you like

Since this is the 1st Islam Invitational, we are not necessarily too concerned who plays at this point as long as we have some active participation.

For future reference, tho, I would like to learn more about the scorination methods used for sports events. Perhaps you could stop in sometime to the Region of Islam and speak with us, or you can telegram me, United Alab Emirates at any time.

I guess for this time our current volunteer scorinator will guide us through the match since he has pleasantly volunteered his time. : )

Elanore
Envoy

Founded: Dec 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elanore » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Astograth wrote:OK, am I allowed to step in for just a minute? Although you're free to run your tournament whichever way you want, I feel the need to point out that the scorination methods mentioned in this thread (such as rank being a scale from -5 to +5 and being entirely dependent on "amount of matches played") to be patently mistaken unless you plan on introducing some kind of brand new scorination system. I could go into more depth about this and teach anyone willing the theory behind running a tournament, if you like.

Furthermore, it should be noted that Nooooooooland, Zzpi and Sudagiu are all blatant puppets of Schmiegelland. This is not necessarily a bad thing if everyone is aware, but they seem to have been passed off as independent users, which to me seems dishonest and unfair to the other players.

ya thank you for the information, is the first time we set up a game but we will get better with time :)

Capital City: Kimberly
Current Queen: Abby Schwarzenbach
Religion: Islam & Christianity

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Wight wrote:Not wishing to become part of a torch-bearing angry mob, but separate threads for each group feels a bit spammy, too. Can't you contain it to one tournament thread, like all other tournaments?

Maybe you could help us with a suggestion to keep our games separate on this single thread we the players don't get confused about who they are responding too?

I guesss that we we could use the subject line as a separator for each game, but then you still have to search the entire thread to put together the entire events of a single game. That might get confusing.

Really, it only spam if the same thing is repeated for the same purpose and content, Our separation was to keep the game play with in the groups consistent. I really don't see what's wrong with that,.. :unsure:

The Pan-Slavic Union
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pan-Slavic Union » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Why not? :P

Soon, we'll have people creating Christian Invitational Cups, Buddhist Invitational Cups, and Hindu Invitational Cups.
---Cловенска унија Cлавянского союза Visos slavų Sąjunga Cловенската унија Slovanski unija---
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█████
█████▒▒█████
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
███████▒▒███████
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
█████▒▒█████
█████▒▒█████
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
Founded Slavia
Co-author of the Slavian regional Constitution
Creator of the Regional Website of Slavia
Creator of the Regional Map of Slavia
Creator of the SlaviaVision Song Contest
Creator of the Slavian People's Army
Creator of the Political Parties of Slavia
Founder of Featured Region on February 13, 2013
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

More of a visual person? Click here.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:07 pm

United Alab Emirates wrote:
Wight wrote:Not wishing to become part of a torch-bearing angry mob, but separate threads for each group feels a bit spammy, too. Can't you contain it to one tournament thread, like all other tournaments?

Maybe you could help us with a suggestion to keep our games separate on this single thread we the players don't get confused about who they are responding too?

I guesss that we we could use the subject line as a separator for each game, but then you still have to search the entire thread to put together the entire events of a single game. That might get confusing.

Really, it only spam if the same thing is repeated for the same purpose and content, Our separation was to keep the game play with in the groups consistent. I really don't see what's wrong with that,.. :unsure:

I think you completely misunderstand how sports RPing is done, at the most basic level. What you have described is nothing like what happens.
Слава Україні!

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Last edited by Wight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:15 pm

If I may also offer advice:

From what I've read, the organisers of this tournament appear to believe that scores are formed from the RP itself and that if you RP an attack your opponent needs to then RP them defending it in order to see if you scored. This, if it is what you are thinking, is not how NSsports works.

It isn't like II, where the outcome of the RP and end 'result' of the war is determined by what was RPed. Here, we generate the scores first and then RP about what might have happened to create that score. That way, everybody knows which person they are 'responding' to - the player with whom their last match was played against. No need for a separate thread or any stress.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 pm

Liventia wrote:

I think you completely misunderstand how sports RPing is done, at the most basic level. What you have described is nothing like what happens.

Okay, thanks, I'm reviewing some other threads and getting a feel for the flavor of the thing,.. :p .

I'm going to start logging some entries,.. :roll: however primitive they might be,.. I still take it take that a date will be required to announce winners and losers of each round so that the RPer's can take their kudos or go back to lick their wounds till the next match up?,..

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Wight wrote:

How do the other 192 of us manage it on the World Cup RP thread? How many posts do you imagine there will be about one game? If you read what everyone has written it should be easy enough. I suggest you look at a few threads to see how it's done - it's not as confusing as you seem to think. Perhaps organising a tournament before you knew how they actually worked was the main problem - it's better to take part first to see how it's done. But never mind - you've started now.

What I would suggest - keep this as your OOC discussion thread, set up a single IC (Everything) thread where squads, scores and RPs are posted. It's easy for the person scoring to keep an eye on all the RPs for grading, it's easy for RPers to see what others have written about matches, it's easy to check the scores because you'll know where to find them. You've got 16 teams, how hard can it be to run it in a single thread?

, why would you insist on clogging up the board with five threads for practically the smallest tournament running?

*WC has threads for scores and rosters, but then it is huge - and still only one thread for RPing in.

Experience is the best teacher so that's why we jumped right in with our region's nation's, but left it open for any one to join. Yeah,. we're kinda small, but we gotta big footprint,.. Thanks for the feed back, but since this one is small, we will just cram our OCC and IC together, (because, we're really never OOC in our Region anyway). 8)

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Polar Islandstates wrote:If I may also offer advice:

From what I've read, the organisers of this tournament appear to believe that scores are formed from the RP itself and that if you RP an attack your opponent needs to then RP them defending it in order to see if you scored. This, if it is what you are thinking, is not how NSsports works.

It isn't like II, where the outcome of the RP and end 'result' of the war is determined by what was RPed. Here, we generate the scores first and then RP about what might have happened to create that score. That way, everybody knows which person they are 'responding' to - the player with whom their last match was played against. No need for a separate thread or any stress.

Okay thanks, we'll get the word out to the participants then. Your advice is very helpful! :)

United Alab Emirates
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby United Alab Emirates » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 pm

The Sharjah City Soccer Club manager picks up the Sharjah City Times as he leans on on foot propped up on the side line bench and the other firmly planted on the soccer turf. He glimpses out at the players on the field warming up in soccer warm up scrimmage.

He turns to the Assistant coach and beams, 'Well, looks like they got it right, this time. This is going to be the big time for the club. You better have those boys primed for their first match.'

The Assistant coach turns to the Club manager with a firm stare, without saying a word, and then something catches his attention as he abruptly wheels towards the field, take three or four steps forward, at the same time blaring some commands to his players on the field.

The Club manager, folds the paper on his legs, and takes a long strong sip of coffee, and says to himself aloud, 'And yeah,.. this is what we live for,..'

Last edited by United Alab Emirates on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nation M
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nation M » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:39 am

Nation M's national soccer team gears up for their first game of the regional cup. Little experience in the realm of soccer doesnt discourage loyal fans to pour into the United Alab Emirates to cheer on their country, and team.

Fan #1: We're here to show the world that Nation M football is very much alive, and that we, the fans, the citizens, will travel a long ways to make this tournament!

Fan #2: I've come from Zeina V to cheer on our team! Lets Go! Lets Go! We got this!

Team Coach: As you can see we're all warmed up and ready to go.

Note: Nation M is located in Europeia, a grueling 35 hour flight.
Factbook
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
My Nation is not entirely representative of my personal views, Stats are canon

Schmiegelland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Schmiegelland » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:43 am

Please post your rosters in the Everything thread. Everyone who posts their roster in the thread will get a RP bonus.
Last edited by Schmiegelland on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nation M
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nation M » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 am

Schmiegelland wrote:Please post your rosters in the thread. Everyone who posts their roster in the thread will get a RP bonus.

My roster was previously posted ;)
Factbook
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
My Nation is not entirely representative of my personal views, Stats are canon

Schmiegelland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Schmiegelland » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 am

Nation M wrote:
Schmiegelland wrote:Please post your rosters in the thread. Everyone who posts their roster in the thread will get a RP bonus.

My roster was previously posted ;)

Then post it again here. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=236734

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports