NATION

PASSWORD

2012 Cricket World Cup.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Mondragonia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

2012 Cricket World Cup.

Postby Mondragonia » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 am

*SNIP*
Last edited by Mondragonia on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:02 am

Hello,

This seems like a lovely post with lots of effort put into it, but NS Sports is for scorinated results of sporting events, not just ones made up off the top of your head or taken from real-life events to say your nation is fabulous at, in this case, cricket.

It is also for in-character roleplays of your own devising around those scorinated results, not for large scale copy-pasting of real life match reports, which like most plagiarism in creative writing exercises is universally frowned upon.

Cricket is certainly a niche sport on this forum, and the most recent cricket competition was the 2nd World T20 Championships back in October, so that might be a good place to see if there's any interest in another edition in order for you to start your real journey to NS Sports cricket glory.

Hope this helps.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am

Just to add to this, I was thinking of starting sign-ups for the third edition of the World Twenty20 Championships shortly after Christmas as at the moment there are quite a lot of other competitions on. It would be lovely to see you there!
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Mondragonia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Apologia

Postby Mondragonia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 am

(Thanks Starblaydia, most informative.)

I apologise for this blatant attempt to gain attention for Mondragonias cricketing prowess by plagiarising an RL event, but I had my reasons. It was partly for boasting, & partly for the vicarious thrill of beating an entire nation of Bothams :) & to see what the reaction would be to a cricket thread. I did not intend for this to be taken in any way seriously, & my intention was to delete it after any conversation was had &/or interest shown.

I haven't heard of scorination before, but I now understand that RP has come a lot further than I'd realised :blush: The last time I was involved in RP, it was dice-scored... :) which will give you an idea of how long ago that was. Basically, I thought the easiest way to find out about the state/popularity of cricket in NS was to post a match report, & see what happened.

(it wasn't much work, just a bit of bulk text-editing.)

I am interested in joining an RP cricket tournament, so will look out for the T20 announcement...
Last edited by Mondragonia on Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

I expect we'll also be giving a third Test season a go after holidays.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Palascio
Secretary

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Palascio » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm

That'd be awesome. I love cricket IRL so I'd love to have Palascio in some cricket RP.

Return to NS Sports