NATION

PASSWORD

World Korfball Classic I (EVERYTHING)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kingdom of Phoenixia
Senator

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

to the finals !

Postby Kingdom of Phoenixia » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:34 am

17-10 against Shadowbourne, for the first time in Phoenxias Sport History the Kingdom is only one step apart from the international Crown.
Long time it was a close match, Shadowbourne was driven by the cheering of the own fans who are the clear majority in the hall, the team around Coach Jans got real problems to defend the storming opponents. With 5-8 both teams went into the halftime.
Jans need to do something and his risky action brought the needed turn over. Margareta Christensen made her first impression on the tournament and she would be ranked as the player of the match afterwards. 4 Assists and 7 scores were the monumental result.
Now the two last games are on the schedule, the finals against Babbage Island.

On the home front, sport minster Nicklas Thor announced the first professional Korfball National League, complete with junior league and separate school league. It seems Phoenixia wants to get into this sport before it is crowded by the notable sporting regions like Rushmore and Esportiva.
We can only hope that the Kingdom will succeed with that.
Majken Abel for Sport24.ph

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Consolation Results

Postby Shadowbourne » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Consolation Leg 1 Results:

Lycrabon 27 - 20 Shadowbourne

Demonym: Bournean || Trigramme: SDB || Population: 147,129,762 || Telephone Code: +817 || TLD: .sdb

3rd Place: WKC IV
2nd Place:
None
1st Place: None
NSTracker | Embassy Program | Factbook
This nation represents 75% of my real-life views.

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowbourne » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Finals Leg 1 Results:

Kingdom of Phoenixia 13 - 13 The Babbage Islands (The Babbage Islands win 14 - 13 in overtime.)

Demonym: Bournean || Trigramme: SDB || Population: 147,129,762 || Telephone Code: +817 || TLD: .sdb

2nd Place:
None

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 am

Babbage Korfball

The Babbage Islands 14, Kingdom of Phoenixia 13 (OT)
At KorfBowl 1, Shadowbourne
Final First Leg

Player                                L  M  N  P  F  R    K
Avril Aarens F A 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Lucinda Zellweger F A 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Hélöise Clifford F D 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abbi Holme F D 1 1 0 0 0 0 2
Cody Merrickson M A 1 1 0 0 0 1 3
Reinhard Paulson M A 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Bas Größel M D 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Jesse Garza M D 1 2 0 1 0 1 5
Mirabelle Schulz F R 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Bailee Elliston F R 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Joachim Simons M R 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Lino Wilbur M R 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Legend: L=long, M=medium, N=near, P=penalty shot, F=free pass, R=running in shot.

A golden korf by Southern University coed Bailee Elliston has put The Babbage Islands national korfball team one step away from the title at KorfBowl 1 in Shadowbourne. The 14-13 win over Kingdom of Phoenixia moves the Bumblebees to 4-1 on the tournament with only the rematch remaining. Coach Britt Yoxall pointed out that an overtime win in a neutral-site two-leg match confers only a microscopic edge, "more psychological than real." But for Elliston and fellow Southern University standout Joachim Simons--who also scored down the stretch--the win was a big boost. "You don't get lots of chances to make a big difference off the bench. This was fantastic," said Elliston.

KKP Paris star Jesse Garza led the Babbage scoring for the second straight match with 5 korfs.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Consolation Leg 2 Results (3RD PLACE RESULTS)

Postby Shadowbourne » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 pm

Shadowbourne 19 - 12 Lycrabon (Agg.: Shadowbourne 39 - 39 Lycrabon; Shadowbourne wins 40 - 39 in OT)

Shadowbourne has captured 3rd place in KorfBowl I.

Lycrabon has been eliminated.

2nd Place:
None

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

KORFBOWL 1 FINAL RESUTS

Postby Shadowbourne » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm

KorfBowl I: FINAL ROUND, LEG 2:

The Babbage Islands 24 - 12 Kingdom of Phoenixia

The Babbage Islands win KorfBowl I!

The Kingdom of Phoenixia finishes 2nd.

Final Results:

Eliminated:

Lymantatia
Bloodbath Generation
Free South Califas
The Bloodied Soul

4th Place: Lycrabon
3rd Place: Shadowbourne
2nd Place: Kingdom of Phoenixia
1st Place: The Babbage Islands

Please fill out the following form:
[b]Were you satisfied with the way KorfBowl I was run?[/b]
Do you believe another KorfBowl is viable?
Would you participate in a future KorfBowl?
Do you support accepting hosting bids in the future, and if so, would you submit one?
Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you for participating in KorfBowl I. We hope to see you again in the future! :)

2nd Place:
None

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 am

Babbage Korfball

The Babbage Islands 24, Kingdom of Phoenixia 12
At KorfBowl 1, Shadowbourne
Final Second Leg (TBI win 2-0)

Player                                L  M  N  P  F  R    K
Avril Aarens F A 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Lucinda Zellweger F A 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Hélöise Clifford F D 0 1 1 0 1 0 3
Shae Devine F D 0 1 1 1 1 0 4
Cody Merrickson M A 0 1 1 0 1 0 3
Reinhard Paulson M A 0 1 1 2 1 0 5
Bas Größel M D 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Jesse Garza M D 0 1 1 2 1 0 5
Pansy Sparrow F R 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Abbi Holme F R 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Brenden Aaltink M R 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Aran Peter M R 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Legend: L=long, M=medium, N=near, P=penalty shot, F=free pass, R=running in shot.

The Babbage Islands national korfball team are champions of KorfBowl 1 in Shadowbourne after a convincing 24-12 victory over Kingdom of Phoenixia in the second leg of the two-leg final. Reinhard Paulson and Jesse Garza led the Bumblebees with 5 korfs each, and Shae Devine added four in her return to the starting lineup after sickness.

The Babbage squad of 13 professionals and three collegians finished with a 5-1 record in their six matches.

As requested by the host:

Do you believe another KorfBowl is viable? Probably. For only eight entries in a niche sport with the World Cup qualifying in progress we had some RP participation.
Would you participate in a future KorfBowl? RL permitting, we would surely defend the title.
Do you support accepting hosting bids in the future, and if so, would you submit one? If you want to accept host bids for a future KorfBowl, that's fine. A future korfball world championship, like that of any other sport around here, should offer a bidding process. Other events can work fine with or without one.
Do you have any other suggestions? I would steer away from a format that sends some people home after only two matches. Gearing up to play in a tournament right takes some effort; players need opportunities to be rewarded for that effort even if some still face the wrath of Margaret. I made that mistake -- with good intentions -- in World Bowl VIII, and that lesson has been remembered. Also, in general two-leg matches only make IC sense when they are home-and-away, to neutralise home court advantage.

Thank you for hosting!
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Shadowbourne
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowbourne » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 pm

The Babbage Islands wrote:Do you believe another KorfBowl is viable? Probably. For only eight entries in a niche sport with the World Cup qualifying in progress we had some RP participation.
Would you participate in a future KorfBowl? RL permitting, we would surely defend the title.
Do you support accepting hosting bids in the future, and if so, would you submit one? If you want to accept host bids for a future KorfBowl, that's fine. A future korfball world championship, like that of any other sport around here, should offer a bidding process. Other events can work fine with or without one.
Do you have any other suggestions? I would steer away from a format that sends some people home after only two matches. Gearing up to play in a tournament right takes some effort; players need opportunities to be rewarded for that effort even if some still face the wrath of Margaret. I made that mistake -- with good intentions -- in World Bowl VIII, and that lesson has been remembered. Also, in general two-leg matches only make IC sense when they are home-and-away, to neutralise home court advantage.

Thanks for the feedback. What sort of tournament format would you prefer? I wasn't quite sure what to do, so I just went with two-leg single elimination, as it seemed one-leg would be too short with only 8 teams.

2nd Place:
None

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports