NATION

PASSWORD

BoF 49 bid: Aguazul/Licentiapacisterra

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Aguazul
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

BoF 49 bid: Aguazul/Licentiapacisterra

Postby Aguazul » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Scorination

xkoranate 0.3.3 will be used with the SQIS formula. RP bonus will be applied directly as a "team rank," accumulating throughout the tournament. Full range of additive style modifiers.

Format

We would prefer to work with eight groups, playing single round-robin before a bracket. Tiebreakers will be goal difference, followed by head-to-head results (or a playoff if necessary).

Experience

The user behind Aguazul has cohosted three Baptisms of Fire, a World Cup, and a Cup of Harmony. Licentiapacisterra has hosted the Quidditch World Cup and the Campionato Esportiva, and is currently hosting the Campionato di Atletica Esportiva.

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:51 pm

Any reason why the SQIS formula is used, when it is deemed to be the most random of all the scorinators these past couple of tournaments?
Last edited by Saugeais on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Slembana
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Slembana » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 am

Good luck guys, but I think you should expand your detail a bit.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:19 pm

Saugeais wrote:Any reason why the SQIS formula is used, when it is deemed to be the most random of all the scorinators these past couple of tournaments?

When we were discussing the bid last night, it just sort of came out that there was a preference towards using the SQIS formula. Plus, in the BoF, there's no ranks to beat the odds against ;)
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Aguazul
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Saugeais wrote:Any reason why the SQIS formula is used, when it is deemed to be the most random of all the scorinators these past couple of tournaments?
I (Aguazul) don't think that this has been deemed by consensus (beyond anecdotal trends). From K&P's study, SQIS was judged less random than NSFS in the long run for small group stages, with Footba11er more random than the others. Not that using either of the others would be a problem, and there've been updates to Footba11er since. I haven't used NSFS 3.0.1a enough to evaluate that.

Good luck with your own bid! :) (Preference for SQIS was mostly mine by the way, so if that's still an issue for anyone, don't hold it against Licentiapacisterra ;) ).

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:37 pm

Other than the scorination formula, how do you plan on differentiating yourself from competing bids?

Aguazul
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aguazul » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed adding IC detail by posting short RPs during the last couple of RPs I hosted (example), I would hope to be able to do something like that again (time permitting).

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports