NATION

PASSWORD

Di Bradini Cup 21 (Rosters/RP/Scores)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Erruki hated sitting behind a desk. One could not smell the freshly-mowed grass from behind a desk, never mind what those stupid computer games tried to brag. It was the goddamn photographers, they always made him sit behind that desk, strewn with papers he'd never seen and a bright red, royal-looking stapler that anyone could buy at a five-and-dime store. They wanted him to pose for pictures behind the desk after a win. They said it made him look official.

The only thing official about a soccer game, Erruki silently complained, is the final score. He objected when a staffer tried to pull down his sleeves: unrolled sleeves, he had always postulated, were for the weakest of all peasants. "It makes you look sharp," the staffer pressed. "I hope," said Erruki, "the fans care more about the game than my attire. For all I care, I'd wear one of those damn red team jumpsuits that would blind a prisoner."

Just as he was prepared to shoo the pesky flies with cameras out of his office, the phone mercifully rang. "Hello? Hello? Hey, you, get outta here." As the photographers slinked out, he added a soft "please" - apologies were for the abashed and the weak, but this was as close to an apology as this old coot would get.

"He-hey! Erruki, my brotha! What's popping?!" Only Albert Tomlinson could greet someone this way.

"Good evening, Al. How are things?"

"They're fine, fine. The wife and I got a new BRM just last week. 320 horsepower, double-jet engine, solar-powered. Guy at the dealer, get this, guess what he told me? He said a promotion to the King's League deserves a car fit for kings! Ha! That cat's got some kinda spunk, huh?"

"Very funny, sir."

"And get this - know what he said his name is? Da Vinci - because the car's GPS screen has a more detailed night sky than 'Starry Night'! What panache that kid's got. Sweet Jesus, children are the future of Civil Citizenry, you know?"

"I do know, otherwise I wouldn't be coaching youth players." Erruki let himself have a chuckle at that. It was somewhat of an ordeal conversing with Al; you had to appease yourself.

"Say, hey, you pounded those Valladarians, eh? Shit, who's that-"

"No fucking cursing on the phone, Al."

"Oh, oh, oh, sorry, sorry. Well, heck, who's that kid with the rocket leg. I'd love to have one of him on my team."

"Remember the good old days when Rox Welton scored double-digit goals and everyone thought Munio Baranzano was the shit?"

"Weren't you still in Astograth? How do you know all this?"

"I like to keep up on this sort of stuff. We all do. Scandal and failure are the basic elements of all media. God, you couldn't click on any football website without some article popping up on Baranzano. We all knew he sucked - four goals in one season is not 'just a fluke.'"

"Made your national team, didn't he? I bet he made Dei miiiighty jealous."

"Is Ingram jealous of Lester Sutton?"

As much as Al enjoyed the banter, he dropped his voice and pressed forward with the intent of his call. "Listen, Erruki, I don't have much time. I've got a board meeting in a few minutes and I've got nothing to tell them other than I've picked up some young Unitopolitan for the back line. That kid - what the hell's his name -"

"Latimer? He's playing crosstown from you guys."

"No, no, the other forward."

"Buck."

"Him. I want him on the team."

"You know you can't sign kids under twenty."

If his voice was low before, it was nearly a silent whisper now. "Listen, I need someone to help us stay up next season. Relegation means the owner's foot in my ass. I-I've got money, you know, I'll pay whatever it takes."

"It's against the rules to sign someone that young. You should know that."

"Who said he has to be that young?"

"What are you going on about, Al?"

"I've got the money. If he just says he's twenty, I'll pay the kid a ton of cash. There'll be something in it for you, too."

"Any football fan in this country knows he's this 18-year-old collegiate phenom. He can't just go around saying he lied but he'll take the couple million dollars anyway."

"There's gotta be some workaround. I gotta go to this meeting - do I have your word that you'll help me sign this kid? I need to go in there with some major news."

"It's not foolproof - I'll lose my job in a heartbeat if the CFA finds out I'm behind anything. And Christ, the last thing Eastern Chase needs is another financial scandal."

"Think about your retirement fund. Don't you wanna loaf on the Bartewick beaches and tour Iturributa..."

"When I retire, I'll want to relax, not live in a shithole."

"You're gonna need the money, you know. Forget the pensions, they're squat, trust me. That's why I need to keep this job. I'm not gonna get to manage anywhere else, you know."

"Can't you take someone else? Benson-Fisk has been improving lately, only narrowly made the team but-"

"Small fish in a big pond. This kid's the koi fish. I-we really need him."

"I can't promise you anything-"

"Great, I'll call you tomorrow night."
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Mangolana Gazzette

Mangolana U-21's defeat Carmadin U-21's

The Mangolana U-21 team started off, this the 21st Di Bradini Cup, with the best start ever since the inception of the U-21 team, with a win in Match Day one. The team defeated, our fellow Rushmore nation, the Carmadin U-21 team in a 4-2 high scoring thriller that was played at the Coastal Citiz Stadium, which seats 37,000 fans, in Kyle of the Isle, Civil Citizenry. Coastal Citiz Stadium is the largest stadium to host games in our group. Mangolana U-21 manager and former national team manager and captain, Robert Jimenez had this to say following the game.

"Are guys played good out there. Last year when we were here, the team played like they were out there just to make sure the grass was really grass. They played with no heart and hardly any effort. In this game though, those boys played like they got there heart back. They played with the fire that they were missing last year. They played for there country. They are trying to become the first Mangolana national sport team to win a major world event, and for that, they play like they want this championship and I am proud of them for that. With this win, we put last years embarressment behind us, and now we have announced are pressence, and its time for us to teach all the non-believers in Mangolana soccer, to believe again."

The team which recieved goals from Gordon Dakin (17th minute), Mister Queso (33rd minute), and Antonio Ventera (77th, 89th minute) showed there strength in the attacking end, dominating in total possession (77%) and attacking time (67 minutes) allowed for the team to succeed. However there are worry spots, as both Carmadin goals came on the counter-attack as no defenders were able to get back and help the Goalkeeper out on the plays. Look for this to be improved upon if Mangolana wishes to go far in the Di Bradini Cup, but we do wish them good luck in there voyage.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:25 pm

If Di meant two, then you could consider this your matchday Di cutoff.

Group A
Darmen 4–2 The Icemark
Mapletish 1–0 Swartaz

Group A                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Taeshan 1 1 0 0 5 2 +3 3
2 Darmen 2 1 0 1 4 3 +1 3
3 Mapletish 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
4 Swartaz 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
5 The Icemark 2 0 0 2 4 9 −5 0

Group B
Western Cuba 2–1 Hakkland
Pasarga 0–1 Qazox

Group B                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Western Cuba 2 2 0 0 4 2 +2 6
2 Qazox 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
3 Vilita 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
4 Hakkland 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
5 Pasarga 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group C
Stachland 4–5 Sargossa
Ipeland 2–1 Cafundéu

Group C                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Sargossa 2 1 1 0 8 7 +1 4
2 Ipeland 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Aels 1 0 1 0 3 3 0 1
4 Stachland 2 0 1 1 5 6 −1 1
5 Cafundéu 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1

Group D
Valladares 0–1 Erathore
Cyborg Holland 1–1 Civil Citizenry

Group D                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Erathore 2 2 0 0 4 1 +3 6
2 Civil Citizenry 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
3 Cyborg Holland 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
4 Falconfar 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0
5 Valladares 2 0 0 2 0 2 −2 0

Group E
Thatius 0–1 Bears Armed
Krytenia 4–4 Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk

Group E                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Bears Armed 2 2 0 0 5 3 +2 6
2 Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 2 1 1 0 7 6 +1 4
3 Krytenia 1 0 1 0 4 4 0 1
4 Dorian and Sonya 1 0 0 1 3 4 −1 0
5 Thatius 2 0 0 2 2 4 −2 0

Group F
Mangolana 2–2 Saugeais
FSSO 2–1 Carmadin

Group F                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Mangolana 2 1 1 0 6 4 +2 4
2 FSSO 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3
3 Saugeais 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2
4 Osarius 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
5 Carmadin 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0

Group G
Michael VII 4–3 Homelands our
Kiryu-shi 0–1 Astograth

Group G                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Astograth 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
2 Celestial Marshmallows 1 1 0 0 5 2 +3 3
3 Michael VII 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 3
4 Kiryu-shi 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
5 Homelands our 2 0 0 2 5 9 −4 0

Group H
Cassadaigua 0–1 Polar Islandstates
Camwood 2–0 Spongebobeeshia

Group H                  Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Polar Islandstates 2 2 0 0 3 1 +2 6
2 Camwood 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Cassadaigua 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Megadia 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0
5 Spongebobeeshia 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Osprey win in a nailbiter

A 16th minute goal by Tomas Vera held up as Aaron Denmarsh recoverd from his first match jitters to shutout Pasarga 1-0 and improved to 1-1-0 in the tourney before their bye date.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:28 pm

Jungle Kitties Trim Down: Massa Takes Over

Citing confusion over who would be in the squad for each match and the costs of traveling between Legalese and Civil Citizenry between matches, the Football Association of Vilita have decided to do an about face on their earlier decision to alternate players between the Atlantian Oceania Cup of Association Football tournament and the 21st Di Bradini Cup competition. Coach Kris Wrice will remain in Legalese to coach the Vilita & Turori Eel-Cat Things AOCAF squad while Tika Massa will head the Jungle Kitties in Civil Citizenry.

Vilitan National Team goalkeeper Nycflala Kater will be the #1 in the Di Bradini Cup, much to the dissapointment of fans in Atlantian Oceania. Arcticala Inlet 'keeper Aranora Jaded will be the go-to keeper for the Eel-Cat things in Legalese along with Turori's Ronji Miiastara and World Cup 58 and World Cup 58 backup goalkeeper Jungrii Canopii.

On defense, Vilita National Team captain Ritopa Simafela will be captaining the Under-21 squad in Civil Citizenry, joined by Strike teammate Niubo Deneli and Eastal Lunar's Kadi Molali. An equally strong defensive lineup will certainly be in Legalese where Miiara Makose, Uajiala Pulkki and Turori National Team star Yoains Konoaafeo will be top choices in the lineup.

If it was a game in the park, it was clear who got first choice. Tika Massa and the Under-21 Squad taking defensive midfielder Retiso Buran, starter in all but 6 of Vilita's National Team matches since World Cup 57, and expected to start all the matches for the Jungle Kitties in the Di Bradini Cup. In Atlantian Oceania, Vilitan backup Tujamu Treola will be competing with Turorian utility player Restiaa Mumamba for the starting position.

In midfield, the two all-time active average rating leaders on the Vilitan National Team were split up as Jomur Hulyer went to the Under-21 squad in Civil Citizenry while Strike FC teamate Jian Lejsrma will be staying in Atlantian Oceania with the Eel-Cat Things. The Under-21 squad will be quite strong with Astara Daiili, Steffyn Siazzu and Viliaka Morasita all on the Di Bradini Cup roster. Rexii Tzikas, Resaie Kentiak, Aniara Jiurjai and a trio of Turorians also join the Eel-Cats in Legalese.

On attack, the Stellar Divisions all time biggest transfer, Kristofer Kilpter, is sticking around in Legalese to play with the Eel-Cat things, Kilpter being half Turorian after all. Strike FC attacking duo Viji-mara Lawaai and Yves Gadois will lead the attacking force in Civil Citizenry with Xcnaio Bansoa, Sirkii Maoliaudo and Actalia Mermaioada backing them up.

With the split, coaches Wrice and Massa believe that both they, and their players will be able to focus better on the matches at hand giving them a better chance at success in both competitions than their previous strategy of shuttling players between regions just to gain a marginal tactical advantage over the opposition that is probably lost over in fatigue and disharmony in the squad.

The Final 24 player squad selected by coach Tika Massa and assistant coach Lorenzo Abellan to play out the 21st Di Bradini Cup is as follows:

GOALKEEPERS:

[ 85 ] Nycflala Kater [ - Strike FC - ]
------- GK ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 36 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.71 Average Rating ]
Descended of former National Team goalkeeper Jimmy Kater, who took over the starting position on the National Team under the intense spotlight of the World Cup 17 Finals in Vilita and remained first choice keeper for the majority of Vilitan national competition in subsequent seasons before joining the coaching staff for World Cup 31. Nycflala made his full debut for the Vilita National Team during World Cup 57 where he was named the starter in 14 of Vilitas 16 qualification matches. Kater performed strongly with 6 shutouts and a 5.86 average rating. Many claim that the focus on the World Cup 57 Qualifying campaign distracted Strike players such as Kater from performing well domestically in VLeague 26. Kater ensured there would be no dissapointment in VLeague 27 leading Strike comfortably to both the League and Cup titles.

[ 90 ] Jaqe Planst [ - Cednia Beach AFC (TUR) - ]
------- GK ( AGE: 15 CAPS: 1 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.00 Average Rating ]
Planst was acquired by Cednia Beach AFC after playing just 1 match in Season 26 for Arcticala Inlet. Planst helped the Turorian side to second place in the VLeague 27 table and a return to UICA Competitions. A poor showing during the AOCL V in which Cednia Beach were eliminated in the group stage likely kept Planst out of any contention for a National Team spot during World Cup 58 Qualifiers, although, as a highly skilled keeper, Planst was still invited to the training camp.

[ 95 ] Jawz Tiiaupila [ - Unattached - ]
------- GK ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 2 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 4.00 Average Rating ]
Tiiaupila has made just one appearance for the Vilitan National Team, coming in a shock defeat against Brendino the 3rd during World Cup 57 Qualifications. The 1-3 defeat was pointed at by many critics as the sole reason the Jungle Cats were unable to make a return to the World Cup Finals, dropping a full three points against the groups bottom side and inevitably finishing just one point out of the playoff zone. Tiiaupila moved from Inland Rovers on a loan to newly promoted Hojosan in The Yorozura after WC57 quals as part of an investment deal with the clubs kit sponsors, VIlitan based Vilaye energy drink.

DEFENDERS:

[ 9 ] Ritopa Simafela [ - Strike FC - ]
------- D LC ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 15 :: GOALS::SR: 4 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.63 Average Rating ]
Ritopa was a standout product of the Lunar Academy and was named as one of the captains of Vilita's World Cup 57 Qualifying Squad. The son of a Rocket Scientist and a Physicist, Simafela is already well educated and is in no way reliant on a career in sports. However, strong performances during his debut qualifying campaign including a 6.05 average rating and 2 goals spurred transfer inquiries from foreign clubs and comparisons to Vilitan greats like Enzo Ahat and Ricky Ezis. Simafela transferred to Strike FC for VLeague 27 and was an instrumental part of their double success in the League and Cup.

[ 68 ] Kadi Molali [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
------- D R ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 39 :: GOALS::SR: 2 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.80 Average Rating ]
Molali has the ability to make stunning runs up the right side of the field and has put together exciting 'from-nothing' goal scoring opportunities in weekly scrimmage matches. Molali was an exciting prospect for the Turoki Academy who was solid, but not exceptional during World Cup 57 Qualifying, making 13 appearances and scoring 1 goal. After joining multiple clubs, including Strike FC, Molali left the VLeague abrubtly in the middle of VLeague 26. After some time off, Molali returned, signing for Eastal Lunar FC and completing a strong VLeague Season 27.

[ 3 ] Niubo Deneli [ - Strike FC - ]
------- D LC ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 9 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.66 Average Rating ]
Deneli was a solid prospect for the Strike Academy before a decline in his development after the age of 15, a time at which he was considered the best defensive prospect in the country. He ended up signing his first professional contract with local side Lonngeylin Coast, helping them get invited to the Declasse for Season 27, and helping them keep that spot for Season 28. Deneli, however, would leave the club and return to the other side of the street to play for Strike FC in Season 28.

[ 67 ] Eda Shindhi [ - Cednia Beach AFC (TUR) - ]
------- D LC ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 6 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.53 Average Rating ]
Shindhi is a player in the mold of former Marine Coast defensive stalwarts Ade Hinds and Sibusiso Azaiez. While Shindhi still has some development to go before realizing his full potential, it is expected that he will continue to get a run out from time to time as his skills progress. Shindhi made his competitive debut in defeat against Brendino the 3rd during World Cup 57 Qualifying but did not impress in that performance. After being trainined at the Coastal Academy, Shindhi signed his first professional contract with Marine Coast United. However, relegation was not acceptable to Shindhi, who left the club for VLeague 27, signing with the reigning champions at the time, Cednia Beach AFC.

[ 63 ] Baiiub Jual-Knakok [ - Laiotia Locals - ]
------- D LC ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ N/R ]
A product of the Coastal Academy, Jual-Knakok is a left footed defender nicknamed "the Cricket" by his peers. The Cricket has been loyal to the Laiotia Locals in the Non-Leagues ever since signing his first professional contract, though the lack of exposure and experience has dropped him down the National Team depth chart.

[ 4 ] Timmson Leabiura [ - Winding Street (CvC) - ]
------- D C ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 2 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.00 Average Rating ]
The development of Timmson Leabiura seems to be hampered by his family's inability to stay put, and he has found himself at 6 different academies in his short sporting career. After training at the Strike Academy off and on, it was hoped by pundits that his development would spark. Leabiura would instead move to Civil Citizenry to play with Winding Street.

DEFENSIVE MID:

[ 36 ] Retiso Buran [ - Strike FC - ]
------- DM C ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 40 :: GOALS::SR: 4 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.44 Average Rating ]
Retiso Buran was the top prospect at the Sile Academy specializing in the defensive midfield role once made famous by Jürgen Ramzi. Buran is a ferocious player who some has said can be seen with teeth gritted ready to pounce as the attacking side approaches. Appearing almost exclusively during World Cup 57 qualifying, Buran missed only one game and scored 2 goals during the campaign. Burans perofmances both for the National Team and for Makosile earned him a transfer to Strike FC for Season 27, where he earned the Vilitan Stellar Divisions top goalscorer award for the second consecutive season, the first time ever achieved by a midfielder.

[ 34 ] Danie Izmao [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ]
------- DM C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ N/R ]
Izmao was a Strike Academy prospect who, while not rated as the highest defensive midfield prospect at the academy, was still expected to get a run out with the National Squad in World Cup 57 Qualifiers. That chance never came, and the Venom weren't interested when it came time to award professional contracts. Izmao went across the road to Lonngeylin Coast and was instrumental in helping them not only get invited to rejoin the Vilitan League System - but for the first time ever, to stay there for at least a second consecutive season. Izmao is still part of the national team player pool, especially should any injuries come in to play

[ 30 ] Ukalai Saluria [ - Jaguar Moreda - ]
------- DM C ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ N/R ]
Saluria was a product of the Turoki Academy, who has trained with the National Team as an alternate since World Cup 57. Saluria has played for Jaguar Moreda in the Vilitan Non-League system.

MIDFIELDERS:

[ 21 ] Jomur Hulyer [ - Strike FC - ]
------- M LC ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 42 :: GOALS::SR: 8 U21: REG: ) :: [ 7.60 Average Rating ]
A decsendent of the exciting Marine Coast and Yeaddin midfielder Jonjo Hulyer, Jomur has been compared heavily to his ancestors and even carries the same squad number. Unlike Jonjo, however, Jomur was trained at the Yeaddin Academy. Hulyer would soon become the quickest player to ever represent all three of the original Vilitan Dynasties, signing his first professional contract with Marine Coast United before transferring to Strike for VLeague 28.

[ 51 ] Steffyn Siazzu [ - Yeaddin Owls AFC - ]
------- AM C ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 41 :: GOALS::SR: 4 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.52 Average Rating ]
An exciting prospect from the Yeaddin Academy, Siazzu plays behind the strikers in a clean up or attacking role atop the midfield. Despite not scoring during World Cup 57 Qualifiers, Siazzu was an important presence.

[ 55 ] Viliaka Morasita [ - Inland Peaks FC - ]
------- M LC ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 26 :: GOALS::SR: 2 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.66 Average Rating ]
Morasita was the top prospect coming out of the Tivali Academy, playing central and left midfield. His sure footed tackling ability is noted but he is a well balanced midfielder. After playing a season and a half professionally for Alikki-Corra, Morasita joined the Vilitan League with Inland Peaks FC midway through VLeague 27.

[ 24 ] Astara Daiili [ - Marine Coast United - ]
------- M C ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 21 :: GOALS::SR: 1 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.07 Average Rating ]
Daiili is a classic central midfielder who prefers a holding role and short distribution. With Starblaydi blood and Vilitan determination, Daiili was a consistent performer during World Cup 57 Qualifiers making 19 appearances with a 6.07 average rating.

[ 28 ] Riksa Valjariia [ - Inland Peaks FC - ]
------- AM C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 5 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.45 Average Rating ]
Valjariia is an attacking midfielder who was trained at the Turoki Academy. Valjariia tends to come on the pitch to provide an attack boost, some times as a second attacking midfielder in a substitute role. Valjariia has played professionally for Inland Peaks FC.

[ 78 ] Relmar Winauat [ - Strike FC - ]
------- M RC ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ N/R ]
Winauat was a product of the Turoki Academy who has been known to hit some quality long range shots. However, he has also been known to blast the ball over the net from 5 or 6 yards out. Winauat was part of Strike FC's VLeague 27 championship side.

[ 73 ] Manolis Kontalroma [ - Yeaddin Owls AFC - ]
------- M LC ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 1 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.00 Average Rating ]
A product of the Kiiara Academy, Manolis Kontalroma can play central or on the left side in a classic midfield role. After signing professionally with Jlinal Cove FC, Kontalroma joined the Yeaddin Owls during Vleague 26.

FORWARDS:

[ 17 ] Viji-mara Lawaai [ - Strike FC - ]
------- F C ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 30 :: GOALS::SR: 7 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.48 Average Rating ]
Trained at the Strike Academy, Lawaai has excelled at shooting from long range, and making space on the edge of the penalty area with crafty turns, and may produce opportunities for free kicks if he wears down the opposition approaching the box. Lawaii made 8 substitute appearances during World Cup 57 qualifying, making his competitive debut against Krytenia, but failed to find the scoresheet.

[ 13 ] Yves Gadois [ - Strike FC - ]
------- F C ( AGE: 15 CAPS: 5 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 5.29 Average Rating ]
Gadois became a hot topic in Vilita after rising to glory as the spearhead for Strike FC's Vleague 27 championship, with 8 league goals and an incredibly 6 goals in the Vilitan Cup. Gadois, a product of the Inland Academy, earned an invitation to the National Team Training camp for the first time in the build up to World Cup 58.

[ 15 ] Sirkii Moliaudo [ - Marine Coast United - ]
------- F C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 31 :: GOALS::SR: 8 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.20 Average Rating ]
Moliaudo is a real force in front of goal, rarely missing from inside the penalty area. Many eyes were on Moliaudo during the World Cup Campaign, to see how he fared with a new partner in attack, having spent his entire development partnered with Xcnaio Bansoa at the Coastal Academy. Moliaudo mostly performed well netting 4 goals and having a strong rating, but still left some wondering if there was more talent to be mined from the Marine Coast youngster.

[ 49 ] Xcnaio Bansoa [ - Arcticala Inlet - ]
------- F C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 7 :: GOALS::SR: 0 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.19 Average Rating ]
Bansoa was a training partner of Sirkii Moliaudo at the Coastal Academy, and many believed that Moliaudo's prowess in front of goal was due solely to his close partnership with Bansoa. After not being called to the line during World Cup 57 Qualifiers, Bansoa decided it was time for a change, breaking ties with Moliaudo and Marine Coast United, signing for Arcticala Inlet in the Stellar Division. Bansoa featured frequently for the Jungle Cats during the World Cup 58 Campaign, performing well, but scoring no goals, relegating him from the top selection in the subsequent Cup of Harmony held in Vilita and New Montreal States

[ 48 ] Actalia Mermaioada [ - Surf Jettica - ]
------- F C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 4 :: GOALS::SR: 1 U21: REG: ) :: [ 6.04 Average Rating ]
Mermaioada was a prospect of the Strike Academy, who also excels at water sports, a fact that some pundits have argued hampers his development on the pitch. While not even featuring on the bench for early World Cup 57 qualifying matches, Mermaioada finally made his competitive debut as a half-time substitute against Ipeland and would feature as a sub for three consecutive matches before the return of Kilpter to the lineup. Mermaioada looked to have broken into the lineup during the Cup of Harmony, scoring in Vilita's 5-3 opening match victory. However, the decision to attempt a cross-channel swim on the bye day in the middle of the competition put Mermaioada out of favor with the coaching staff once again.

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am

Maplish Young Guns won Swartaz 1-0 and the U-21 squad will sit at the 3rd place with a spot above of Swartaz,the match was won with a sole goal from Gil Diego.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:05 am

(Even more spacebook chatter)

Ashley Barrett>: That was such bullshit. It’s almost as if they knew how much Sammi really hates the country and took it out on us.
Holly Sanders>: Agreed.
Ashley Barrett>: The first thing I did, ok the second thing I did, when I got back to the hotel room was to look at the replay a bunch of times.
Zoey Anderson>: The first thing you did was to make sure you had clean sheets this time, right?
Ashley Barrett>: Exactly! Lol
Zoey Anderson>: I was robbed of a clean sheet this time, but I am not going to let it get to me. We all know he was offsides.
Ashley Barrett>: Replay clearly shows it.
Holly Sanders>: I am so pissed off about this! It’s soooooo not fair!!! Zoey, how can you stay so calm when you have obviously been jipped?
Zoey Anderson>: Because I have never seen a ref take a call back, at this level, in that kind of situation. When that happens there is no point to do anything other then to let him know you thought it was a bad call, and then carry about your business.
Holly Sanders>: I could never do that. I definitely would have been red carded.
Zoey Anderson>: That’s why you don’t carry on, Holly. Arguing my point any further then just letting the ref know once that I thought he blew it accomplishes nothing other then possibly getting me suspended for the next game on a red card.
Holly Sanders>: I suppose but still. You should have had a clean sheet against Polar Islandstates, that sooo would’ve helped your chances to make the World Cup 59 team.
Zoey Anderson>: CASE (Cassadagan Association for Soccer Excellence) and coach Bateman know I was jipped. It doesn’t matter. They’ll still look at it as a clean sheet.
Ashley Barrett>: Is Sammi even here? Sammi, you there?
Holly Sanders>: Yeah, Sammi? You’ve been quiet.
Ashley Barrett>: Sammi, you can talk to us. C’mon it’s just one game.
Samantha O’Keefe>: I have nothing to say. This just confirms why I hate this dump of country. That was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. We all know who scored it. Luka Nordin. You know where he plays, right? As in professionally?
Holly Sanders>: Not really.
Ashley Barrett>: He’s the one that plays here, huh?
Samantha O’Keefe>: Exaaaaactly. That ref probably owed him one from a club game. The offsides was so blatant that even my 4 year old brother sent me a text message that said even he knew it was offsides.
Zoey Anderson>: You make a good point, Sammi. About him playing for a Civil Citizenry club and the ref maybe owing him one.
Samantha O’Keefe>: It’s been reported to CASE. They are going request action against the ref for such a bogus call. That’s what I was doing when you were talking. It’s simply robbery, and it’s no wonder why I don’t like it here.

(End Spacebook Chatter)

To: (Insert name of proper Organizing Committee leader here)
From: Stacie Kerrigan-Fraser, CASE President of Under-21 Sports.
Re: Polar Islandstates Goal

Dear (insert name here)::

It has come to my attention that the goal scorer of the lone goal in the Cassadaigua-Polar Islandstates contest plays for a club in Civil Citizenry. Given the complete failure of a proper offsides to have been whistled in this instance, and thus costing us the game, it raises a fair question to us as to whether Civil Citizenry referees can be entirely neutral in an Under-21 Contest that involves someone who plays professionally in your country, against a team that is entirely neutral. We realize that this game is in the record books at this time, but from this point, we are requesting an internal investigation into the referee of this game and ask that he be suspended for the rest of the Di Bradini Cup. Furthermore, if we should ever run into a team that has a player from Civil Citizenry’s national league on it, we want completely neutral, 3rd party officials, and that we should approve of the ethnicity of said officials.

It should be noted that Cassadagan Sport Organizations have a long-standing history of being respectful of sporting officials, and in fact this is the first time any Sporting Agency of our nation has ever requested such an action towards an official. We, historically, don’t believe in blaming referees for loses, but what happened last night is beyond explanation. The play was not even close, and therefore it raises this fair suspicion of the referees’ intentions.

Thank you,

Stacie
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Aels
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aels » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:48 am

Aelsh ref slammed! Cadgwyn Jones questioned over offside

Aels' most senior national team, its under-21s, may have had a bye day today in Civil Citizenry, but the sole Aelsh referee at the competition didn't. Put in charge of the Cassadaigua–Polar Islandstates match, Cadgwyn Jones, one of only four professional referees in Aels and long considered the Aelsh league's best, had what is best described as a torrid game, dishing out seven yellow cards and controversially allowing Polar Islandstates' goal.

Jones now finds himself in the centre of a firestorm brought on by Cassadigan officials, who were apparently unaware that he is Aelsh.

Accusations against Jones include the claim that he referees in the Citiz league, thus allowed Polar Islandstates' Luka Nordin — who plays his club football in Civil Citizenry — to score despite being offside.

Jones looked bemused when confronted by media, saying he did not understand the protest filed by Cassadaigua to the Di Bradini Cup organisers accusing him of being a "Civil Citizenry referee".

He said: "It's completely astounding. It's my first time in this country. I'm affiliated to the Football Commission of Aels, not whatever body is in charge of football in this country."

When told the protest insisted Cassadaigua be allowed to pre-approve their referees before matches, Jones dismissed it. "The player was not active in play while beyond the last defender, and when he received the ball he was onside. To be asking for 'neutral third party officials'... well, I am one. I've never seen Cassadaigua or Polar Islandstates play before today's match."

It is unclear whether Di Bradini Cup organisers will remove Jones from the tournament, but FCA Referees Chief Paul Stoner played down the suggestion. "Each competing team here has been invited to send a referee each and we have sent our very best in Cadgwyn. The allegations are bemusing at best and we trust our Citiz counterparts not to unfairly penalise Cadgwyn on the basis of such a frivolous claim made without prior substance or evidence."

Di Bradini Cup officials and Cassadaiguan team authorities were unavailable for comment.
Main nation: Liventia

Kiryu-shi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiryu-shi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:08 am

The brevity of the crowd’s roar was lost on Samantha DeCastro as she stood in front of the Astograth goal, staring into the empty uniformity of net.

There was no one within fifteen yards of Samantha, she has lost both the keeper and the last defender outside of the penalty box. There hadn’t been another of those confounding whistles, no one had yelled at her about her positioning, or lack thereof. She had been in the perfect place, at the perfect time. And yet, there was no ball in the goal. Her teammates hadn’t swarmed her. She looked back down at her feet, and back up at the goal. And back down again.

“Hey, do you mind?”

The voice punctuated through Samantha’s consciousness; the first sounds she had recognized in several seconds.

She glanced at the source, some guy dressed in bright yellow and a number one on his shirt. And then she focused back towards the net, trying to recreate the scene that just happened. Things had been going according to plan, right? Yes. And this was the moment things were going…

“You’re gonna get carded just standing there.”

Samantha looked back towards the yellow-man, who was standing above a soccer ball. A soccer ball. That was not in the net.

“Seriously, you gotta move…”

Obediently, she trudged away, occasionally looking back to understand what had happened. She couldn’t have been more than five yards from that net, with the ball at her feet, and plenty of time and room to do whatever she wanted. She had created that - they hadn’t expected her to be able to intercept the pass from the keeper to the defender, and certainly hadn’t expected her to be able to run past the subsequently charging keeper and still maintain control of her dribble. The keeper - that was who the yellow man was. Keeper. Suastegi. She had read his name on the scouting report a few times - he had already pitched a perfect game in his first match. And he was now well on his way to a second.

A whistle blew, and the ball flew over her head. That tricky thing. It shouldn’t have flown in the first place. What kind of wizardry allowed spherical objects to propel themselves through the air with hardly any effort? If it had just stayed on the ground, it couldn’t have gone over the net. It’s not like she was trying to lift it, even, given her inconsistent record at getting it to fly. She wasn’t going to embarrass herself like that. But somehow, she had made it even worse.

She looked back towards the net, just in time to see the yellow-man jump up with his fists over his head. This time, the crowd’s roar wasn’t quite as brief.

Final Score:
Kiryu-shi 0
Astograth 1
Last edited by Kiryu-shi on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions: Baptism of Fire 21, Di Bradini Cup 24
Second Place: Cup of Harmony 26
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 27, Di Bradini Cup 23
Qualified: World Cup 37, World Cup 61-66

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 am

"We're playing here again for our next game, against Krytenia, hrright?"

"Ayyuh. And that's probably going to be another decidely tough match for our girls too, hwhat with not only the Kryties' general record for producing good footballers but probably also this squad trying harrd to show that their seniors making it hrright through to the final in last year's World Cup wasn't just a fluke..."

"Maybeso, maybeso...
"Still, at least the local crowd here seems to like us: You heard hwhat they'd started singing at our players after the interval, hrright?"
"Big and hairy, big and hairy;
But you play just like a fairy!"
"And if I hrremember my Human folklore properly then Fairies are supposed to be verry graceful people-- hrrather like Elves, like the team that we had to face for our first match in this contest -- so evidently those locals were admiring our style."
:)

"Hr'rmm. I'm not quite sure that that was hwhat they actually meant by the term..."

"Eh. Hwhat else could they have meant?"

"Ur'rmm..."
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Ipeland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipeland » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:13 pm

People who remembered the exploits of the Ipeland team 4 years ago in Valanora, would feel a sense of déjà vu for the game against Cafundéu in Group C. However, it would be a happy sense of déjà vu, as it was against this same nation that the U-21 team managed to get their first win in the Di Brandini Cup, 2-0. Only two members of that squad came to Civil Citizenry this time, the two central midfielders Oliver Allardyce and Ben Marsh.

Both players played in that game, and both had fond memories of it. The game was Ben Marsh's first international appearance of any kind, and Oliver Allardyce's first start after coming on as a substitute in the first game against Waltzing Matilda. Marsh was the youngest man in the squad, being only 15 years of age, and Allardyce was just 16 at the time. Both played confidently in that game, Marsh scoring Ipeland's second goal, which incidentally, was set up by Allardyce. Allardyce played a through ball, which was just missed by Cafundéu midfielder Gilberto Ivine Motta, Marsh stretched to get it and managed to poke it forward, get up and carry on dribbling with the ball, he rounded Bebeto, Everardo, Adil and the goalkeeper Igor, then tapping the ball into the empty goalmouth. It would be a moment to remember and cherish for both of them.

The match: The game kicked off at around 3pm, in a packed 'Street Shack' stadium. Cafundéu scored the first goal, on the 42nd minute, one of their midfielders passing to another midfielder who chipped it over Oliver Allardyce and went to a Cafundéu striker. He chipped it over the keeper and it crawled into the net just fast enough to keep it away from the keeper's hands. Ipeland equalized just before half time, Oliver Allardyce passing it to Ben Marsh, who managed to dodge a few defenders and dribble past the goalkeeper in a similar style to his first game, and scored. Most of the second half went without a shot on target, and the only action on goal was a few wild long range shots. Until the 84th minute, when a corner from Luke Cook was headed in by amateur youth striker Michael James.

A good start to the DBC for the Ipelandic U-21s, and they are placed in second place in group C, after Sargossa managed to beat Stachland 5-4.
Formerly known as Hutt River

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Mangolana Gazzette

U-21's draw Saugeais

The Mangolana U-21 national team scored a good result yesterday when the team earned a 2-2 draw against the Saugeais U-21 or the "Foxes" as the Saugeais news refers to them as the team nickname. Saugeais who dominated Mangolana last year in the Di-Bradini cup group stage, drew Mangolana 2-2, in a game that on paper, should have been dominated by Saugeais. The team fought hard to earn the draw after impressively winning against the Carmadin U-21's in the first match of the tournament. Following the match, manager Robert Jimenez had this to say.

"The team played well, earning a draw in a game that I thought coming in, we would lose, and the best result I could hope for was not to be murdered and lose our guys confidence in themselves. They showed there will to win out there today. They should have not had a chance to even draw the game, and yet they dominated Saugeais in the attacking ends. The only thing we need to work on is allowing goals on the counter-attack. If they can figure out that when there on the attack, and the other team starts attacking, they need to get back on defense and not allow these counter-attack goals. If we learn that this is what they need to do, I believe we have a good chance at winning the whole damn thing.

Goals in the match today came from Kelly Robert (31st minute) and Gregory Salmon (89th minute). Goals for Suageais came from Jerred Keys (16th minute) and Jonathan Miles (43rd minute). The goal at the end of the match by Gregory Salmon came on a penalty after Hadley Levitt recieved a red card for a cheap tackle on Xavier Creighton that has put his future in the tournament in doubt as he was diagnosed on the field with a broken ankle. He will be recieving an MRI today, and the diagnosis will be announced following todays game.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Postcards from Civil Citizenry

Dear Mum,
What are they saying at home? A lot of people here seem to be convinced there's some kind of conspiracy behind that goal. Which upsets me.
I just did my job. I put the ball in the net. If the referees failed to do their properly then whatever, that's not my problem.
I thought I was onside, for what it's worth, but I play to the whistle, always have done. It's what they've taught me to do here.
If they feel upset, then maybe they should have scored more themselves. It's putting me off my game, if I'm honest. Not sure I want to play next match. Glad you're supporting me.
Luka
x

~

Hey Dad,
Are you watching? Clearly onside. Onside by a mile. All this talk of referees being in cohoots with us is silly.
Though, Luka seems a bit upset by it all. Perhaps a captain's arm is needed. Any advice? Send me a text sometime!
Love,
Emrahn
xxx

~

Dear Gran,
Hej Gran! I'm having fun out in Civil Citizenry. The boys are great, we're playing well. We feel very together as a unit.
Gregorz is a great coach, I really feel like I can learn a lot from him.
And yes, I do feel like I've gotten quicker, thanks for noticing! All that time in the gym must have paid off.
My love to the cats!
Kjetil
xxxx

~

Dear Sol,
Hey, hows things next door in Astograth? Good result today against Carmadin! Well done!
Anyway, ever played Camwood? Any tips?
Gregorz
p.s. Kjetil and Emrahn are more than worthy of a call up - excellent form so far.

~

Dear Lewis,
I'll score soon, you watch.
Enroljas
p.s. Shut up
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Erathore
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Erathore » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:53 pm

La Furia Azulita Beats Out Valladares In Tight Game

Despite dominating possession, as usual, the young guns lacked the finishing touch necessary to make this game a high scorer. Which it had more then enough potential to do. However we scored a goal and got the win, which is all that matters in the end. The lone goal was provided by Soradra, who beat two players in a wonderful display of skill before ripping a rocket shot from a distance of about 25 yards.

Overall the team played well. Passing was crisp and abundant. Wonderfully long and delightful spells of possession in which every player on the pitch would receive the ball several times, move around a bit, and pass it off. Then, without any warning, we would strike. What a beautiful thing it was. All of a sudden, just when we were begging for la azulita to push up field and put pressure on their goal, the team would oblige. Within an instant, the center of play would be far higher up the field and in a far more threatening place. Our three forwards darting behind enemy lines in an attempt to be played a defense splitting ball. Kai was easily the Man of the Match. He tormented Martín Delgado, and the rest of the team for that matter. His brilliantly fast runs down the sides stretched play and opened up the center of the midfield and created the option for him to receive the ball. Indeed it was one such event that lead to the sole goal of the match. Kai went on a blazing fast run and Rafa DiSantos hit an absolutely perfect ball to him. Kai collected it and pulled off his signature body feint, fooling Delgado into going to the right whilst he exploded left. A neat stepover sent Jiménez the wrong way. Kai neatly backheeled it to Soradra, who blew by Fernando González and Holmes before shooting and scoring.

For the next match against Cyborg Holland, Romario will be starting instead of Demichelis, Zeca replacing Pedro, and Roio getting the nod ahead of Agos.
Hosted: BoF 42, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup, 1st International Football Tournament
Champions: Copa Rushmori VII, 1st International Football Tournament, 2nd Market Cup, 4th Market Cup, 4th World Indoor Soccer Championships
Runners up: 4th Commonwealth Cup, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup
Third: 3rd World Indoor Soccer Championships, Cup of Harmony 49, 20th Di Bradini Cup
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 46, Cup of Harmony 48
Other Finals Placings: World Cup 59 (Ro16), Cup of Harmony 47 (Quarterfinals), BoF 41(Ro16), Di Bradini Cup 16 (Quarterfinals), Di Bradini Cup 17 (Ro16), AOCAF XXXI (Ro16), 2nd World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals), 1st World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals)
Notable Rankings: #1 (Indoor Football--Post-4th World Indoor Soccer Championships

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Dear Ms. Gladwyn Jones,

Unfortunately, we have no record of your being a licensed referee in the ongoing Di Bradini Cup. Though I'm no foreign minister, investigative journalist, or Audioslavian, I'd venture to say this is a conspiracy on the part of the Aelsh government against the proud Cassadaiguan Association of Sports Excellence Under-21 Sports division. The Citiz Football Association, which I faithfully represent, hereby requests that you a) withdraw your entire team from the tournament, b) issue an apology to the entire sports world for your embarrassment, and c) go to http://www.lmxpo33oq.cr.tk to learn how to get free discounts on the new iPan electronic cooking dish you've just won!

Signed,
Üzeyir Habib, Innocent Citiz Citizen

I've just finished my Bra-dinner, so here is the cutoff for MD3. The Icemark's RP will be counted for tomorrow.

Group A
The Icemark 2–0 Mapletish
Taeshan 2–1 Darmen

1 Taeshan 2 2 0 0 7 3 +4 6
2 Darmen 3 1 0 2 5 5 0 3
3 Swartaz 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Mapletish 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 3
5 The Icemark 3 1 0 2 6 9 −3 3

Group B
Hakkland 3–3 Pasarga
Vilita 2–2 Western Cuba

1 Western Cuba 3 2 1 0 6 4 +2 7
2 Qazox 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 3
3 Vilita 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Hakkland 3 0 2 1 5 6 −1 2
5 Pasarga 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 1

Group C
Sargossa 0–1 Ipeland
Aels 5–2 Stachland

1 Ipeland 2 2 0 0 3 1 +2 6
2 Aels 2 1 1 0 8 5 +3 4
3 Sargossa 3 1 1 1 8 8 0 4
4 Cafundéu 2 0 1 1 2 3 −1 1
5 Stachland 3 0 1 2 7 11 −4 1

Group D
Erathore 0–1 Cyborg Holland
Falconfar 3–4 Valladares

1 Erathore 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
2 Civil Citizenry 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
Cyborg Holland 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
4 Valladares 3 1 0 2 4 5 −1 3
5 Falconfar 2 0 0 2 4 7 −3 0

Group E
Bears Armed 0–1 Krytenia
Dorian and Sonya 3–1 Thatius

1 Bears Armed 3 2 0 1 5 4 +1 6
2 Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 2 1 1 0 7 6 +1 4
3 Krytenia 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
4 Dorian and Sonya 2 1 0 1 6 5 +1 3
5 Thatius 3 0 0 3 3 7 −4 0

Group F
Saugeais 3–3 FSSO
Osarius 2–2 Mangolana

1 Mangolana 3 1 2 0 8 6 +2 5
2 FSSO 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
3 Saugeais 3 0 3 0 5 5 0 3
4 Osarius 2 0 2 0 2 2 0 2
5 Carmadin 2 0 0 2 3 6 −3 0

Group G
Homelands our 0–1 Kiryu-shi
Celestial Marshmallows 2–1 Michael VII

1 Celestial Marshmallows 2 2 0 0 7 3 +4 6
2 Astograth 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
3 Kiryu-shi 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Michael VII 3 1 0 2 5 7 −2 3
5 Homelands our 3 0 0 3 5 10 −5 0

Group H
Polar Islandstates 3–0 Camwood
Megadia 2–5 Cassadaigua

1 Polar Islandstates 3 3 0 0 6 1 +5 9
2 Cassadaigua 3 2 0 1 6 3 +3 6
3 Camwood 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Spongebobeeshia 2 0 0 2 0 3 −3 0
5 Megadia 2 0 0 2 3 7 −4 0
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Icemark
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Icemark » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:27 pm

The Kingdom Of The Icemark put in a much improved performance in their second Di Bradini Cup Group Match, despite going down 4-2 to a much better Darmen.
The Icemark produced some delightful, carefree flowing football in the early stages and managed to take the lead within three minutes. Nasrid was sent racing clear down the right wing and hisneat pull-back across the penalty area was clinically drilled home by the left foot of Andronchos. The Icemark was begining to look threatening with every attack and they deservedly made it 2-0 on 35 minutes with their best goal of the tournament so far. Andronichos started the move with an incisive pass to Stagapolos who run at the opposing defence, bamboozled them with a stepover and unleashing a vicious left-foot shot that flashed into the top left corner the net.
The Icemark were looking utterly dominant, but the smiles began to disappear as Darmen managed to pull themselves level by the half time whistle. The second half saw Darmen take contol of the game and The Icemark had no answer for their slick offense as they put two more goals past Iphignea.
"We had complete control and looked like we were going to score more," Said Manager Totus. "But it wasn't to be. Darmen pulled one back and from them on they played some fantastic stuff in the second half."

Match Facts:
Shots On Target: 12
Corners: 8
Yellow/Red Cards: 1/0
Possession: 48%
Last edited by The Icemark on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Falconfar
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconfar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:02 pm

Correspondence 1
Correspondence 2

To: Ish-Nal Ju-Iro Tanawasi
Subject: A Dose of the Same Medicine

Ju-Iro,

I sympathize with you. It seems that the same disease has inflicted both of our squads. Today, we played the nation of Valladares. It was a high-paced, fast game, with many goals, but the difference came again in the fact that the other team was more cohesive than we were.

I once saw a Valladares player go down from a tackle. His teammates helped him back up without him saying a word; the cohesiveness was absolutely visible. When our players fall down, they have to help themselves up. That is just sad to me, but that is the way that things have become.

The good things about this game - Neoketchen scoring two more goals, Uttensen assisting on one of them (Vincevol is really impressing me with their big three). Also, there was the gorgeous shot from Eddie that equalized it for us again in the second half before giving up that last goal that did us in.

Xavier Camodson had another rough day in goal, though there were some flashes of brilliance. It'd have been nice if the Defense had actually defended, though, because there were more holes in our defense than there are in a flat tire.

The worst of it all, Ju-Iro, is that the the reputation of Falconfar is on the line. It's one thing for us to lose games and to bow out of the tournament in our first time competing in the world stage. That is all right. Yes, we're here to win, but losing is okay. But completely self-destructing? Being discourteous to each other? That is embarrassing... to me, to you, to our nation as a whole. I really don't know what to do, I'm quite frustrated.

Next we have to play Cyborg Holland, who actually beat Erathore. See? Competition isn't really getting easier, either.

It makes me wonder, should we even play other teams at all? Our nation is so divided...

We should take this to the Queen sometime.

Yours in the faith,

Ky-Tro Wahari
Former Puppet of Chromatika
Currently another Northern Sunrise Islands puppet

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:18 am

Cyborg Holland Make Good start to DBC, draw with Hosts

Cyborg Hollands 4th DBC campaign started with a bye match in group 3, and so the players got a chance to experience the sights and sounds of Civil Citizenry. They went walking and trained up in the hills before they travelled to play the hosts.

There were high expectations ahead if the game, as the Young-Dragons had defeated Civil Citizenry before in DBC 20. Cameron Krez lead the side out for the national anthems, and the game got underway. The Citiz controlled the opening exchanges, creating a few early chances but nothing that Lügerren couldn't handle. The closest chance of the first 20 was when Preston Latimer's well timed low shot was expertly stopped by Lügerren to his right.

Cyborg Holland began to attack and create chances of their own towards the end of the half, most notably when Cameron Krez's well struck volley narrowly missed the top left hand corner. The only other talking point was a possible penalty appeal for Frederik Vanderwald after he appeared to be pushed after a corner in first-half injury time.

The second half started of very poorly for the Young-Dragons, when a rashly conceded free-kick from Tim Woch was expertly curled into the top right corner from 20 yards by Scott Salisbury. The small sell-out crowd went bezerk, and celebrations lasted several minutes, leaving the Cyborg Holland players to talk about their mistakes.

The Dragons recovered well and attacked for the next ten minutes. Their hard work eventually payed off when Paul Hadden flicked on a low Woch cross and Frederik Hasselkavë tapped in the ball from the far post. 1-1.

Robert Buck seemed to have given Civil Citizenry the lead in the 69th minute when he nodded home an out-swinging corner, but he was judged to have fouled Hadden before scoring. Cyborg Holland had another close chance, but Krez's shot powered wide from 25 yards.

The match ended and Cyborg Holland were applauded by the Citiz crowd. An even game with several chances for either side, perhaps not used to as good a use as possible.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:43 am

"Hwell, nearly... nearly..."

"But 'nearly' doesn't hrreally count, in the long run..."

"Oh, fleas and fur-loss! Urrth’hrra would have scored if that low-flying goose hadn't distracted her just at the wrong moment, and I verry much doubt hwhether the Kryties would have been able to manage two goals after that -- not against the way that our girls were playing -- so it "should" have been at worst a draw and maybeso even a win if our getting the lead back then had disheartened them enough. And bearing in mind hwhat we've heard about
Rushmore's geese in the past, We can hardly blame Urrth'hra from dodging when the bird got so close to her... Hrright?"

"Hwell, I suppose not.
"Hr'rmm, any reply from BAAS about our request to have some ravens sent over as 'air cover', as the Belles have employed them in that role during the last few World Cups, just in case?"

"Ayyuh. They said
'No'. It seems that all of the ravens who are fit to fly and weren't already in important jobs anyhows have been assigned to patrols for locating 'DBWs' and so none are available for us..."

"Oh. Still, that makes sense, of course keeping
'the Walking Dead' from becoming a problem back home hrreally is more important than how well we do in this tournament."

"Nothing is more important than football!"

"Urrgah!"

"Only joking: I agree with you, actually."
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Taeshan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:15 pm

X Island Inquirer

Knights Bully Darmen Towards Victory

IT was another brutal game of football played by the Taeshani National U21 football team which the Knights bullied the Darmen side throughout the 95 minutes of play. In the first half the two sides had barely a small tussle, but whatever Taeshani coach Alexandre Giroux said to his side at the half sure made them think as they came into the second 45 minutes. It was the second half of play that had all the fireworks. 3 goals, a bunch of yellows and a third Taeshani red for the young tournament.

The second half started of with two straight yellows for the Knights. Without starter Karl Llana out with a red, and reserve Forrestor the Knights had 22 to start the match. And then Jacob Martn started if off early again with another yellow for a tackle just inside the box which meant the Knights had conceded a penalty, and that Martin was out for the next match in goal. The penalty was apply scored and as such the Knights were thus infuriated even more. Three more yellows followed in succession, both strikers Murgatroyd and Ibrahim added yellows, as well as Captain Jeremiah Longwaters getting a second yellow in a row (gamewise) meanign one of the duo captains will also not dress the next game. Shortly thereafter the Knights tied it up with Olliver Doogood's 30 yard screamer.

The Knights from then out had the upperhand. Shortly after the first goal, another two yellows were accumulated by Tyler Pantoum (in for the game for Llana), who misses the next match, and Gloria Walters. The Knights finally broke through when Peter Fasnacht awkwardly took down a Darmen striker who fell to the ground hard and didn't get up yet no call was made. He then found Pantoum who passed a brilliant cross to Jeremi Krieder for the winning goal. Shortly after the third red of the tournament was handed out to Fasnacht in a moment of sheer idiocy, taking out the Darmen striker a second time to gain the red.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Kiryu-shi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiryu-shi » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 pm

J.J. Erickson wound his way down the right side of the pitch, keeping the ball close to him. Keenly aware of the camera, he made sure to keep his face focused; he didn’t need anyone criticizing the way his tongue had a tendency to creep out over his bottom lip when he didn’t pay attention. He wasn’t the finest physical specimen on the team anyway, and he didn’t need anything that drew any attention to any of the awkwardness of how he looked.

To further compound the issue, he hadn’t remotely been a presence in the last game, his effectiveness generally mitigated by his tendency to not be able to keep his pace up to par, he simply did not have the speed on the side that could stretch the field. It was easier today; he felt, by this point in the second half, that he had a fairly firm grasp of what Homelands our were trying to accomplish, and he was finding himself in space on a regular basis. And when he was in space, he knew that he could place a ball wherever he wanted to from virtually an distance. He had managed to get unmarked, and the long, looping pass from Feingold had actually made its way to his feet, and now he was free.

Moments like this were when the game slowed down, becoming more of a puzzle than a physical competition. And J.J. had always been good at puzzles. There was DeCastro running in towards the near post, drawing the attention of two defenders bracketing her movements. She was athletic enough to find the ball with her head, and they had left enough room for him to maneuver a cross into that space, but it didn’t look easy. Although it was likely the most stylish option.

Libby would make for the most exciting cross, coming in almost unmarked on the other side of the pitch. And, if it were anyone other than Libby, J.J. would have an easy decision to make. Depending on how the keeper tracked the cross, Libby could have an almost open shot at goal, but that was likely to end in disaster, unless Libby kept himself under control enough to simply try and dribble it in, or softly lay it off. But then, of course, J.J. wouldn’t be in position to get credit for the assist. And really, what would be the point in that?

And then, of course, there was Barnes. Barnes could be trusted, but she was still a decent distance from goal. She was being followed by one of their central midfielders, but he was lagging behind, seemingly unsure of whether or not his mark would be important. Or maybe he was just tired. Either way, a cross could find her in space, and there was a possibility that she could create a goal somehow. Again, a low opportunity for an assist; she wasn’t the type to take a reckless shot from that distance.

The wing back’s face was definitely not photogenic as he came running out to meet J.J.’s dribble, and J.J. realized, almost too late, that the game did have a tendency to move a bit faster here than it ever did back home. His cross was rushed, and he had already started to jog back into coverage before he saw the incredible turn that Barnes made, drawing the ball back across the defense herself, making an ambitious effort by her trailing mark look foolish as he stumbled. Her subsequent shot, no cannon, floated its way just inside the far post, the keeper’s hands coming mockingly close to a beautiful deflection.

The cross wouldn’t be highlighted on any game recaps, J.J. knew but it still counted. His first assist in international play, and it was no fluke. Maybe his smile would be broadcast across his country.

Final Score:
Kiryu-shi 1
Homelands our 0
Champions: Baptism of Fire 21, Di Bradini Cup 24
Second Place: Cup of Harmony 26
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 27, Di Bradini Cup 23
Qualified: World Cup 37, World Cup 61-66

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

A-Bra-cadabra, here comes MD4.

Group A
Mapletish 3–2 Taeshan
Swartaz 1–5 The Icemark

1 Taeshan 3 2 0 1 9 6 +3 6
2 The Icemark 4 2 0 2 11 10 +1 6
3 Mapletish 3 2 0 1 4 4 0 6
4 Darmen 3 1 0 2 5 5 0 3
5 Swartaz 3 1 0 2 2 6 −4 3

Group B
Pasarga 1–0 Vilita
Qazox 0–4 Hakkland

1 Western Cuba 3 2 1 0 6 4 +2 7
2 Hakkland 4 1 2 1 9 6 +3 5
3 Pasarga 3 1 1 1 4 4 0 4
4 Qazox 3 1 0 2 2 6 −4 3
5 Vilita 3 0 2 1 3 4 −1 2

Group C
Ipeland 2–3 Aels
Cafundéu 2–2 Sargossa

1 Aels 3 2 1 0 11 7 +4 7
2 Ipeland 3 2 0 1 5 4 +1 6
3 Sargossa 4 1 2 1 10 10 0 5
4 Cafundéu 3 0 2 1 4 5 −1 2
5 Stachland 3 0 1 2 7 11 −4 1

Group D
Cyborg Holland 2–3 Falconfar
Civil Citizenry 0–0 Erathore

1 Erathore 4 2 1 1 4 2 +2 7
2 Civil Citizenry 3 1 2 0 2 1 +1 5
3 Cyborg Holland 3 1 1 1 4 4 0 4
4 Valladares 3 1 0 2 4 5 −1 3
5 Falconfar 3 1 0 2 7 9 −2 3

Group E
Krytenia 2–3 Dorian and Sonya
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 2–2 Bears Armed

1 Bears Armed 4 2 1 1 7 6 +1 7
2 Dorian and Sonya 3 2 0 1 9 7 +2 6
3 Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 3 1 2 0 9 8 +1 5
4 Krytenia 3 1 1 1 7 7 0 4
5 Thatius 3 0 0 3 3 7 −4 0

Group F
FSSO 0–1 Osarius
Carmadin 2–3 Saugeais

1 Saugeais 4 1 3 0 8 7 +1 6
2 Mangolana 3 1 2 0 8 6 +2 5
3 Osarius 3 1 2 0 3 2 +1 5
4 FSSO 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4
5 Carmadin 3 0 0 3 5 9 −4 0

Group G
Kiryu-shi 2–0 Celestial Marshmallows
Astograth 3–1 Homelands our

1 Astograth 3 3 0 0 6 1 +5 9
2 Celestial Marshmallows 3 2 0 1 7 5 +2 6
3 Kiryu-shi 3 2 0 1 3 1 +2 6
4 Michael VII 3 1 0 2 5 7 −2 3
5 Homelands our 4 0 0 4 6 13 −7 0

Group H
Camwood 3–0 Megadia
Spongebobeeshia 1–2 Polar Islandstates

1 Polar Islandstates 4 4 0 0 8 2 +6 12
2 Cassadaigua 3 2 0 1 6 3 +3 6
3 Camwood 3 2 0 1 5 3 +2 6
4 Spongebobeeshia 3 0 0 3 1 5 −4 0
5 Megadia 3 0 0 3 3 10 −7 0
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Icemark
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Icemark » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 am

The Kingdom Of The Icemark put in a stunning performance that has given them an outside chance of reaching the play-offs. The Icemark thrashed Swartaz 5-1 in no doubtly their best display in the tournament so far. Its quite a turn around from their opening two games where they suffered 2-5 and 2-4 defeats. Despite the fact they lost them games, one thing never in doubt was The Icemark's abilty to score goals. They have scored two in each of their 3 games before the match and the goalscoring didn't stop yesterday. It took 8 minutes for The Icemark to take the lead when Andronichos crossed the ball low into the area, and a already commited Swartaz goalkeeper could do nothing about Lindenshield tapping into an open goal. The Icemark made it two half an hour into the match when Celeste's long range effort sneaked past the keeper into the far post. Swartaz did manage to pull one back just before half-time but The Icemark got back into the comfort zone just after the restart when Stagapolos's delightful through ball found Lindenshield who slotted cooly past the keeper.
Soon after Andronichos's corner found Bellorum who directed the ball into the net with his head. The Icemark rounded off the day when Lindenshield hit his hatrick with a cool volley at the far post after Nasrid crossed it into him.
The Icemark were applauded off the pitch to a rapturous ovation knowing that they have regained some pride in a tournament that had started so difficultly.
Manager M. Totus speaking in the post-match press conference said, "Its out of our hands now on wheather we make the play offs. We'll just sit back and relax and watch the final round of fixtures hoping that results go our way. Wheather they do or not, I'm incredibly pleased with managing to record two victories in our first appearance in the Di Bradini Cup."

Team Ratings: Machiavelli, 6, Artemesion, 6, Khatib, 6, Ketshaka, 6, Tizagi, 6, Nasrid, 7, Stagapolos, 7, Celeste, 7, Andronichos, 8, Lindenshield, 9, Bellorum, 7 (Minotaurus, 5)

The Icemark Player Of The Match: C. Lindenshield

Match Facts:
Shots On Target: 18
Corners: 10
Yellow/Red Cards: 0/0
Possesion: 61%

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:20 am

Postcards from Civil Citizenry

Dear Mum,
Well, I was certainly onside for that one...
Luka
x

~

Hey Dad,
Sorry I haven't sent much in the past few days, Gregorz had us practising too hard for the Spongebobeeshia game to give us much social time.
So, no postcards. Turns out he was right to do so though, they were clearly out to ruin our 100% record so far.
Fortunately, Luka scored with that 30-yard lob, so we'll enjoy the bye matchday without having to worry.
Love,
Emrahn
xxx

~

Dear Philippa,
Hej sweetheart! How are things back home? No doubt you're watching intently, as ever.
What do you think so far? Not bad, eh? Gregorz seems to have found a system that works, some fluid midfield and attacking work.
All based on a solid back four, obviously.
Lots of love
Simmo
xxxxxx

~

Dear Mum and Dad,
How's life back in Islay? That Cuppet thing finished yet?
Having fun out in Civil Citizenry, as you may have noticed. That Spongebobeeshia goal was well offside though.
I'll bring you back some pastries.
Thijs
xx
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 am

(Yes, even more spacebook chatter)

Ashley Barrett>: Hey Sammi, what have you heard about refgate?
Zoey Anderson>: We can’t get too concerned about this, we have games to play. Playing with a chip on our shoulder got us through the Megadia match but there is still a need to focus.
Ashley Barrett>: No argument here, Zoey.
Holly Sanders>: When Luka scored against Spongebob, you could see a smile of relief in that celebration. I almost feel bad for him. Maybe a little bit.
Zoey Anderson>: It’s nothing against Luka. He did what he should have done and I could have still stopped the shot anyway.
Ashley Barrett>: So, Sammi you there, what are they saying?
Samantha O’Keefe>: CASE has told me that they have been in contact with the tournament organizers, and they acknowledged our complaint. Let’s face it, nothing more is really going to happen unless we were to cross paths with Polar Islandstates again. I am positive that we also raised awareness of the issue at hand. It’s not common for players in the Di Bradini Cup to already be signed to an overseas international agreement.
Ashley Barrett>: So that’s it?
Zoey Anderson>: Nothing was gonna be reversed Ashley. It’s all about letting them know, and like Sammi said, raising awareness.
Holly Sanders>: So what did you think about my two assists and one goal game? I thought I played amazing against Megadia!
Ashley Barrett>: Your assists were beautiful! Perrrrfect.
Zoey Anderson>: Of course Ashley, because you scored both of those goals. You’re having a great tournament, Ashley. I think CASE may have a little something for you if you keep this up.
Ashley Barrett>: You mean like a spot on the World Cup 59 roster? I hope so! Lol!!!
Holly Sanders>: Yeah Ash they gotta let you on.
Samantha O’Keefe>: I hope so, but as Ashley knows it’s not easy to get on there at her position. Could be two openings, but things are deep there.
Zoey Anderson>: Try being a goalie! We probably have to win the Cup for me to have a chance.
Samantha O’Keefe>: Yeah, that’s tough to crack right now, I do feel for ya, Z.
Holly Sanders>: Midfield, maybe.
Zoey Anderson>: Sammi will probably be on it. It’s a good Cup to be a young defender. Holly, keep it up and you should be in good shape.
Samantha O’Keefe>: I kinda think that way, Z, but I still don’t wanna get cocky over it!
Ashley Barrett>: Who’s nervous about Camwood. I am trying not to be!
Zoey Anderson>: We’ll live and die as a team, Ashley! No time for nervousness. We’re all in this together!
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports