NATION

PASSWORD

Copa Rushmori VIII - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Copa Rushmori VIII - Everything Thread

Postby Astograth » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Welcome to the eighth edition of Rushmore's premier football competition! This time around we have 36 nations vying for the coveted title of Rushmori champions, currently held by Erathore after their win over the CNCR in Saugeais.

All teams will be split into six round-robin groups of six; the top two from each group, ranked according to points, H2H results, goal difference and wins, will advance to the Round of 16 alongside the top four third-place teams (ranked by the same tiebreakers). From there it's knockout to the final. Cutoffs will be at around 0:00 UTC, starting on the night of Saturday 3rd (Sunday at 0:00 UTC, technically). The group draw will be tomorrow Thursday, at the same time and held live on the #nssport channel of the Esper IRC server prior to posting the completed version here.

Group A and any other matches involving the host will be scorinated by Civil Citizenry, approximately two hours after my own cutoff.

Schedule
MD1, March 3: 1v6, 2v5, 3v4
MD2, March 5: 6v4, 5v3, 1v2
MD3, March 8: 2v6, 3v1, 4v5
MD4, March 10: 6v5, 1v4, 2v3
MD5, March 11: 3v6, 4v2, 5v1

Round of 16, March 13
Quarter-finals, March 15
Semi-finals, March 16
Third-place play-off, March 17
Final, March 18

Knockout Rounds Schedule

Group A
Astograth
Homelands our
Jen O the Hill
Kernansquillec
Mangolana
Erathore

Group B
Aquillian
Baltskandio
Megadia
Queer Poco el Mono Ara
The FSSO
Western Cuba

Group C
CNCR
Darmen
Swartaz
Chenkorya
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Sargossa

Group D
Ancharmunn
The Hidden Paw
Saugeais
Mapletish
Mytannion
Erikkesh

Group E
Palacios and Rodallega
Falconfar
Civil Citizenry
Polar Islandstates
Carmadin
Newland-America

Group F
Valladares
Albertasby
West Zirconia
Whirl Islands
The Kiaser Colonies
Krytenia

Stadia
Map of Astograth

Group A will play in the capital city of Rumiatzi. The first listed match will be at Knights' Stadium (70,000), owned by the prestigious Royal Rumiatzi FC. The second will be at The Foundry (37,710), home of the traditional South Factory. The third match will be played at 18th of March Stadium (21,000), which also hosts controversial team The Army Club.

Group B will be held in three cities of central Astograth. The first match in Echegoyan's Ximun Orieta Sporting Ground (34,000), which plays host to Blue Mountain Range and Astograthian champions Echegoyan FC, the city's biggest teams. The second match will be at Urbizania's Cherketzo Arena (30,500), home to Urbizania Wanderers. The third match will be played at Arexa's Goyaingerua Stadium (21,810), home of the recently relegated Royal Arexa.

Group C will be held in Iturributa and the nearby city of Garitzeta. The first match will be at Old City Stadium (72,000), the huge, rather bare-bones venue where Sporting Iturributa and Iturributa United play out the biggest derby in Astograthian football. The second match will be at Unity Stadium (33,500), which hosts cross-town rivals Royal Association. The third match will be at Garitzeta's Letatzadur Stadium (16,300), which is the home of Garitzeta Racing Club and is known for its towering, unsymmetrical main stand.

Group D will be held in three cities of southern Astograth. The first match will be at Erribe's Erkolantza Stadium (31,510), home to the disastrously unsuccessful Erribe United. The stadium is a multi-purpose athletic venue and a bit of a white elephant, which makes it great for hosting international matches. The second will be at Basabe's Beltzura Stadium (23,460), home of Athletic Club Basabe; the heat and humidity there can pose a problem for certain teams. The third match will be hosted at Oyardo's Sahatsakbasoa (14,100), which besides being unpronounceable is home of the surprising Oyardo FC, recently promoted the top-tier for a second time.

Group E will be held in the cities of Ituraitz and Olarria. The first listed match will be at Ituraitz Sporting Ground (63,000), a low-angled multi-purpose stadium that draws complaints for its lack of ambience but has no problem hosting derbies between Ituraitz FC and Ituraitz Victory, the city's two most big teams. The second listed match will be at Ituraitz's The Deathbowl (26,460), which is shaped nothing like a bowl and is indeed officially named Three Rock Stadium; Ximun Orieta FC's enthusiastic fans give it the nickname, however, and it has stuck. The third match will be at North Point Stadium (12,100), which borders the cliffs of seaside town Olarria and has recently enjoyed top-tier football thanks to the exploits of Athletic Club Olarria.

Group F will be held in three cities of northeastern Astograth. The first listed match will be at Gesterlake's Castle Hill (38,630), home of the tremendously popular but underachieving Gesterlake FC and so named for being near the hill where the ruins of the castle purportedly featured on the Astograthian flag lie. The second listed match will be at Antiguoko's The Enclave (22,700), which lives dark days due to Antiguoko FC's plummet from first to third tier. The third match will be hosted at Lermendia's Itzarrak Sporting Ground; if the wind and searing heat of this middle-of-nowhere town don't get to you first, you might be in for a decent game of football.
Last edited by Astograth on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Mangolana Copa Rushmori VIII Roster

Manager: Mikael Svensson
Assistant Manager: Christopher Mathews
Head Trainer: Dr.Todd Wisocki
Head coach: Leonardo Guatalupe

Mangolana line-up

Goalkeeper: #1 Tim Hedjuk Jr (25yrs old), Club: AF Mildrid, Erathore

Left Back: #12 John Davenport (30yrs old), Club: Skyline United, Mangolana
Left center: #15 Jordan Morgan (21yrs old), Club: Chase Citiz, Civil Citizenry
Right center Back: #9 Caleb Debana (25yrs old), Club: Commonbel, Mangolana
Right Back: #7 Frankie Donaldson (28yrs old), Club: Mangolana City, Mangolana

Left Mid-Defensive Midfielder: #27 Alex Wesley (25yrs old), Club: Mascona FC, Mangolana
Right Mid-Defensive Midfielder: #10 Tappy Shogun (24yrs old CAPTAIN), Club: Vincanto, Erathore

Midfielder: #99 JD Fuller (21yrs old), Club: Makosile, Vilitia
Midfielder: #66 Allen Fuller (19 yrs old), Club: Skyline City, Mangolana

Shadow Striker: #4 Eric Donald (29yrs old), Club: Arsenrall, Mangolana
Striker: #8 Akeem Howard (26yrs old), Club: Dalendarain, Mangolana

Bench
Forward: #55 Rudy Johnson (31yrs old), Club: Arlnet, Mangolana
Midfielder: #11 John McFadden (30yrs old), Club: Skyline FC, Mangolana
CB/WB: #54 Jackson Weatherall (26yrs old), Club: São Longuinho, Cafundeu
Forward: #26 Gregory Nena (19yrs old), Club: Rogerton Whitecaps, Darmen
Midfielder: #17 Jorge Wallen (25yrs old), Club: Redpool, Mangolana
LB/CB: #37 Back: Mathew Johnson (33yrs old), Club: Federation, Mangolana
CB/RB: #25 Brent Buckley (23yrs old), Club: Union Desportiva de Beira, Ocel0t
GK: #22 Tim Hedjuk (29yrs old), Club: Rogerton Whitecaps, Darmen

style modifier: +2

Player Roles
straight on Freekick: JD Fuller
freekick from angle: Allen Fuller
Penalty: Tappy Shogun
Corner: Allen Fuller
Defensive zone Freekick: John Davenport

Kits:

Stadia

Republic Stadium (100,011), Skyline, nickname- Old Faithful

Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y, has to be funny
Roleplay injuries to my players Y, tg major injuries, i can set return time table
Godmod injuries to my players Y, only if its funny
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Hand out red cards to my players Y, but keep it within reason.
Godmod other events N
Last edited by Mangolana on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:51 pm

Saugeais National Team Roster
Saugeais Knights

Style mod: +2

Manager: Iarlaith Mag Aonghusa (Sorthern Northland) - Age 45

Squad list (starters in bold):

Keeper - #1 - Jacques Martin - Age 32
6'1", 187lbs - Riverside

Keeper - #99 - Donovan Francis - Age 27
6'3", 179lbs. - Gilley FC
Keeper - #21 - Gerald Joiner - Age 23
6'2", 178lbs. - Real Gilley

Left Back - #2 - Jeremiah Perkins - Age 29
5'9", 167lbs. - Bugny FC
Center back - #3 - Louis Gardener - Age 22
5'11", 158lbs. - Montbenoit
Right back - #4 - Klaus Rheinholt – Age 30
6'1", 175lbs. - Christchuch FC

LB - #12 - Anderson Salvage - Age 23
6', 177lbs. - Dudlek FC
CB - #13 - Hans Sordet - Age 33
5'10", 171lbs. - Bugny FC
RB - #14 – Urban Weneger – Age 28
5'10", 168lbs. - Gilley FC

Left Midfielder - #5 - Steve Park - Age 31
5'8", 164lbs. - Riverside
Left Center Mid – #6 - David Schultz-Eklund - Age 28
6'2", 185lbs. - ?(Ocel0t)
Right Center Mid - #7 - Kurt Helton - Age 30
6', 185lbs. - Arçon
Right Midfielder - #8 - John Barker - Age 33
6', 173lbs. - Ajax Khaldoon II (Queer Poco el Mono Ara)

Left Midfielder - #15 - Lawrence Jerome – Age 28
6'1", 200lbs. - Gilley FC
Left Midfielder - #16 - Nadir Tartar - Age 28
5'8", 159lbs. - Les Alliés
Center Midfielder - #17 - Micah Thorn - Age 26
5'11", 169lbs. - Riverside
Right Midfielder - #18 - Philippe Lyon - Age 31
5'11", 166lbs. - Riverside

Left Winger - #9 - Dan Nagato - Age 30
5'10", 169lbs. - Sherwood FC (Civil Citizenry)
Right Winger - #10 - Dietmar Öztürk - Age 31
6'3", 192lbs. - Longview

Winger - #19 - Matthew Sedgwick – Age 29
5'11", 173lbs. - Trainswain

Striker - #11 - Kuzman Ruslan - Age 22
6'2", 172lbs - Mavaloiao FC (Vilita)

Striker - #20 - Terrance Studwick – Age 25
6', 185lbs. - Dudlek FC

Stadium: Stade de Montagne (cap. 68,500)

Kits: Home, Away, and Third
ImageImageImage

Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes, within reason
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players Yes
Godmod other events No
Last edited by Saugeais on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Falconfar
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Falconfar Introduction

Postby Falconfar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 pm

The Palace of the Diamond Cliffs
Irswabi, Falcon, Falconfar

The rays of the sun lit up the White Cliffs of the city of Irswabi as another day began on the planet of Falcon. As the sun made its way, it lit up the white palace that lay below. Being the seat of power for the Triumvirate Queendom of Falconfar, the Palace was always abuzz with activity, and today was no different.

Ny'ar Tahoren, the Minister of Sporting Events, was talking to the Queen, Queen Islandil Dratognu.

"So tell me about the situation in Rushmore," the young Queen commanded. She was about five-nine, clad in an elegant dress that fit her nicely. Being only twenty-two, she was the youngest Queen in the history of Falconfar, but she was well loved by her subjects and had ruled the Three Planets and Four Moons with justice and strength. Most of her subjects were very loyal to her and followed her lead.

"The Space Bridge has been built near the Civil Citizenry border, Ma'am," reported Ny'ar Tahoren, a Halil'Quan His feathers were preened and his Imperial Uniform showed that he had the rank of a Tsu-Kai, or General. However, his emblem was made of gold and not silver, meaning that he had retired from military service and was now serving in civilian matters. The experienced tactician was now leading the Falconfarian assimilation into sports of foreign nations.

Queen Islandil beamed back at the Halil-Quan beastling. "With the first season of the Falconfar Premier League in the books, sports is really starting to take off here, Ny'ar. Will we be able to compete in the Copa de Rushmori VIII?"

The Tsu-Kai nodded, evidently lost in thought. "Yes, Ma'am. They've put us down as attending... And since the spacebuilders finished the bridge today, we can send down our team whenever we wish to..."

Her Majesty cocked her head to one side. Oh, how she loved watching football. No sport was as thrilling... except maybe gridiron football, but that was sometimes too violent. Football had more finesse, more skill... It was the most elegant thing out there. She watched FPL games as often as she could steal herself away from the duties of the throne.

"And how is Ish-Nal Ju-Iro doing with the players?" she inquired, nervous for the response.

"They've been together practicing for about a month now... They should be ready to go," replied the Tsu-Kai.

"Good... Good. It's about time the world met us," the Queen remarked, and dismissed the Minister, who left with a bow.

It's about time the world met us.

Albertson Training Fascility
Pyria, Gyron, Falconfar

The meeting room was packed as those within awaited for a certain being to appear. There was bustling of feet, nervous chatter... And then, the door creaked open, and... Silence.

A bird-beastling of superb height, nearing seven feet, entered the room with a look of authority. His wings, with a span of about five feet, were folded neatly, and he was clad in the attire of the To-Isa, or the Imperial Guard. A gold pin informed the viewer that this Halil'Quan was retired as well. Now, Ish-Nal (Teacher) Ju-Iro Tanawasi was the Head Coach of the Falconfarian National Team, and all the shrewd cunning calculations that the birdman obtained through his years as part of the Imperial Guard would be required on the pitch.

Those assembled in the room stood as the Ish-Nal approached the podium. There were humans, both male and female. By them stood the Halil-Quan, or Birdmen, clad in blue, the color of the sporting Halil-Quan. And behind them were the Xe'Notl, the sapient turtles of the planet of Isildar. They were all here for one purpose - the announcing of the national team.

After the conclusion of the first season of the Falconfar Premier League and the Falconfar B League, as well as the running of the Falconfar Cup, fifty of the best of the three planets and the four moons had been invited to a month-long tryout. And now, they were about to see which of them would make the twenty-three person roster.

Ish-Nal Ju-Iro Tanawasi took the podium.

"Before I begin to name names, which is what you all are expecting me to do, I want to say that I am proud of you. I saw many of you perform during the season. You were either on my squad, or against my squad, or somewhere else in the league, tearing it up and making a name for yourselves. And although I must say that I didn't quite fancy you when you were facing the team I coach, the Iona Junction Spiders, I couldn't ask for a better bunch to have attended this training camp to pick our national team.

The Queen has informed me that our first international competition, the Copa de Rushmori, will be starting soon in the Grand Duchy of Astograth. A space bridge has been built from Gyron to Civil Citizenry in Rushmore in order that we be able to travel there. It is time that this Empire, this Queendom, be introduced to the Sporting folk of other worlds, and that we start realizing that the world is bigger than just our three planets and four moons.

That being said, there are only twenty-three spots in the roster. Congratulations to the ones that made it, and commiserations to those that fell short. I wish you all the best of luck. To you twenty-three that made it on the national team, I will see you on the pitch at 8AM in the morning tomorrow. Thank you."

The Ish-Nal stepped off the podium to the applause of all the players, and then left the room. The room went black, and a holographic projector turned on, displaying this list:

Falconfar National Team for Year 3021
Coaching Staff
Head Coach Ju-Iro Tanawasi - Iona Junction Spiders
Assistant Coach Max Vanguard - Ytriba Shock
Starters
#2 GK Theodore Merrysing - Manvero Heroes
#12 LD Vrailok Trokka - Iona Junction Spiders
#5 MD Na-Ru Voshinan - Pyria Thunder
#24 RD Victoria Esulion - La Pinatra Crusaders
#7 LM Wu-Te Qanso - Loreza Racers Vice-Captain
#31 LCM Trno Grokken - Vititi Paladins
#21 RCM Max Vlashmir - Canesbrough Tornadoes
#4 RM Krystina Maxwell - Iriwati Panthers
#12 LF Ti-Maro Wusahari - Ytriba Shock
#11 MF Loria Votmk - Pyria Thunder Captain
#6 RF Franscisca Qateli - Iona Junction Spiders

There were sighs and exclamations of joy around the room as the starting eleven high-fived their friends and each other. And then the screen shifted to the next screen:

Reserves
#1 GK Vladimir Toshken - Pikana Pirates
#10 D Re-Wu Valahaso - Iona Spaceport Defenders
#41 D Mikral Lonno - Votto Toren Buccaneers
#21 D Ian Yrovek - Mara Kora Bulldogs
#9 D Larissa Ukgard - Ytriba Shock
#14 M Patricia Rumgardson - Vincevol Stars
#20 M Kiki-Ysai Nankiri - Loreza Racers
#13 M Io-Ki Larin - Locido Force
#8 M Malki Jux - La Pinatra Crusaders
#16 F Michael Vixen - Pyria Thunder
#20 F Jeremiah Mitchell - Ytriba Shock
#26 F Ju-Ti Naxa - Vititi Paladins

Those who weren't chosen filed out of the room, a few of them crying, another few mad, and all of them disappointed.

There was one more slide to show:

Formation

Merryswing

Voshinan

Trokka - - - Esulion

Qanso - - - Grokken - - - Vlashmir - - - Maxwell

Wusahari - - - Qateli

Votmk

Therefore, the Eleven - 5 humans, 3 Halil'Quan, and 3 Xe'Notl, were picked to represent Falconfar to whatever end.

To complete the Roster process:
Permissions
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
Roleplay injuries to my players Y Please contact if serious.
Godmod injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (Max 2)
Hand out red cards to my players N
Godmod other events N
Style Modifier: +3.14
Last edited by Falconfar on Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Former Puppet of Chromatika
Currently another Northern Sunrise Islands puppet

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Darmen Men's National Team Roster
Manager: Tim O'Donahaue
Assistant Manager: William von Kriesler

Style Modifier:+5
Formation:3-5-2
Starting XI
GK-Troy Osborne/29/Eau Claire Aris FC
DEF-Mikael Adan/26/Scott City FC
DEF-Dustin Nguyen/28/Scott City FC
DEF-Charm Vue/27/Eau Claire Aris FC
MID-Luca Cormio/24/Scott City FC
MID-Danny Beasley/28/Scott City FC
MID-Zach Preston/31/Scott City FC/Captain
MID-Tor Tong Lee/25/On loan with Arsenrall(Mangolana)
MID-Jake Gibbons/27/Eau Claire Aris FC
FOR-Dan Baker/33/Eau Claire Aris FC
FOR-Bryan Faulkner/28/Chastings Heights (Civil Citizenry)

Substitutes
GK-Kimi Siesman/22/Chippewa Falls Strykers
DEF-Scott Rydzik/25/Eau Claire Aris FC
MID-Gene Turko/22/Eau Claire United
MID-Aaron Gibbons/29/Eau Claire Aris FC
MID-Jack Chaves/30/Darmen City FC
FOR-Abraham Gibbons/31/Eau Claire Aris FC
FOR-Roberto Gregio/22/Eau Claire United

Players who have been brought along, just in case
DEF-Johan Garza/22/Chippewa Falls Strykers
MID-Francsico Lyons the XXIst/22/Eau Claire United
GK-Brady Sumon/22/Eau Claire United
FOR-Sergio Autitore/22/Chippewa Falls Strykers
FOR-Fernando Grevsthan/22/Menomonie United

Designed and Manufactured by Barrengeka Kits

Designed and Manufactured by Darmeni Soccer Industries

If they RP first, my opponent may:
Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events Y
RP injuries to my players N
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (Limit One per match)
Godmod other events Y
If your not sure wether I'd be okay with you doing something, TG me or talk to me on IRC and we can work something out.
Last edited by Darmen on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Erathore
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Erathore » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 pm

+2 Modifier
3-2-1-2-2
------------------BENNEDETTO(c)------------------

-----MANLIO-----DEL NARAN------ROMO-----

----LANZIANO----DISANTOS----

------------------CELEBRINDAL(3c) ------------------

----VILLA----DEL NIERAN(vc)

----RINGËRIL----ALCARIN----

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:

Choose my goalscorers Y
Godmod scoring events N
RP injuries to my players Yes so long as they ask me first
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y
Godmod other events N
Playing Style: When watching the National Team play, one will immediately notice three things. The first would be passing. Wonderful one touch and multitouch passing from all sorts of ranges. The second, tying into the passing aspect of the game, is possession. A player may receive the ball and maneuver around the field for more then 15 seconds. The first two combine to form the simple philosophy of 'if they can't touch the ball, they can't score." The third thing would be skill both on and off the ball. All Erathi players, even the goalkeeper, are expected to have at least decent technical skills. This results in flashy moves and passes from all positions. Off the ball players roam around and change positions with one another, thus requiring players to be skilled in all facets of play.

Home: Image
Away: Image

Goalkeepers:

1- Roberto BENNEDETTO (Team: FC Mildrid) ----CAPTAIN
Height: 6’4’’ - Weight: 186lbs – Age: 26 years old
Roberto Bennedetto is is the best goalkeeper in Erathore. No doubts about that. He surpassed Galigilygano as the best keeper of the modern day when he put on a flawless display in the 55th World Cup. During his young career, he has won the Seria-A golden glove twice and has won it in the King’s Cup. With so many years in front of him, we could possibly see Bennedetto become the best keeper in the world. He has taken over the role of the captaincy from Alexio Del Nieran and he excels at commanding the team. He has returned from an injury that prevented him from competing in the 49th Cup of Harmony and the Copa Rushmori VII winning team and will be starting.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form: A
Caps: 113, Goals 0
U-21 Caps: 12, Goals: 0

12- Hérion GALONLOTH (Team: Iturributa United--Astograth)--Elf
Height: 6'4’' – Weight: 174lbs – Age: 1552 years old
Looking not a day over the age of 20, Hérion Galonloth is one of the better keepers in Erathore. He looks set to make as big of an impression internationally as he has with Royal Vosaroni Anetenelli as he only conceded 24 goals as RVOA destroyed their Seria-C competition. He is the perfect combination of size, reflexes, and speed. He was the starting goalkeeper for the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad.
Caps: 35, Goals: 0

19- Nathon Quin (Team: Arsar)
Height: 6'5’' – Weight: 192lbs – Age: 28 years old
Due to his age, Alessio Afonoso Galigilygano has retired from international football, leaving a goalkeeping hole that needed to be plugged. Enter 26 year old Nathon Quin, Seria-A season eight golden glove runner up. Thanks to him, Arsar claimed the third least goals against, despite having finished in eighth.
Caps: 1, Goals: 0[/b]

Defenders:

2-Fredrico MANLIO (Team: Manlio)
Height: 6' - Weight: 176 – Age: 28 years old
Fredrico Manlio is the great-grandson of Diauiditori Manlio, the great striker of Erathore and founder of the Manlio football club. However there are some on the team who resent him for his connection to Manlio. Despite the immense pressure that comes with this relationship, Fredrico performs very well, almost flawlessly. He was a starting defender of the Copa Rushmori VII squad.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: B - Morale: A - Form: A
Caps: 130, Goals: 8

3-NERO Romo (Team: Royal Vosaroni Antenelli)
Height: 5'8'' - Weight: 167 – Age: 28 years old
Nero has been trained to be a top footballer since his youth, participating in most of the youth high level club teams of the country. Even though he had the misfortune of always landing on a losing team during that age, as a professional he toke Elidoro FC into Seria-A before transferring to the Erathi powerhouse team FC Mildrid. He impressed there before being relegated to the bench as a swarm of top international talent was bought by the team. He was transfered to Royal Vosaroni Antenelli, where he has helped the club maintain a top 5 presence.
Caps: 120, Goals: 3

4-Vanni DEL NARAN (Team: Cap Nordique-CDP)
Height: 5'7'' – Weight: 161 – Age: 25 years old
Since being placed on the national team, Naran has found that his domestic and international game have improved immensely. He has crisp passing, good heading, good standing tackles, good speed, just an all around good player. Due to poor performances, Barino Dino was dropped from the squad and Del Naran will be starting in his spot. He was a starting defender of the Copa Rushmori VII squad.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: B – Form: A
Caps: 66, Goals: 2
U-21 Caps: 10, Goals: 0

23- Blake FENCON (Team: Arsar)
Height: 6' - Weight: 172lbs – Age: 29 years old
Blake Fencon impressed fans with his displays during Erathore's Copa Rushmori VII winning run. However he didn't do enough to keep his starting position over Nero Romo. Fencon's big advantage on the pitch is his speed and endurance. He was a starting defender of the Copa Rushmori VII squad.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A
Caps: 8, Goals: 0[/b]

13-Chris WILNERD (Team: Juvillian Martinax)
Height: 6' - Weight: 181lbs - Age: 26
Chris Wilnerd is the highly physical hardman captain of Juvillian Martinax. He's over 180lbs of pure muscle packed into a six foot frame. He is wonderfully supreme in the air, dominates with standing tackles, and is exceptionally incredible at slide tackling. He plays a very physical game, attempting to push opponents off the ball before resorting to a bone jarring tackle. That being said, he doesn't play dirty and looks down on players who dive. A player who dives can expect to be on the receiving end of a little love tap in the ribs by Wilnerd sometime during the game.
Caps: 5, Goals: 0

16-Victor PIQUÉ AMBORSIO (Team: Sherwood FC--Civil Citizenry)
Height: 6’3’ – Weight: 168lbs – Age: 23 years old
Victor Piqué enjoyed his time at Drogba FC and impressed many people during his 148 appearances for the club along with 6 goals. That, along with his speed, power, and exceptionally good technical skills, drew the attention of several top-notch domestic and international clubs. However it was Tinuviel who managed to snag the youngster for roughly 6¥. However he experienced a disastrous season with Tinuviel as the club was relegated. Amborsio was made team captain midway through the season due to his exceptional form in a sea of poor team performances and was voted to be the team player of the year and the end of the season. He made it known that he wished to leave and was soon snapped up by EMI FC.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: B - Form: A
Caps: 13, Goals: 0
U-21 Caps: 13, Goals: 0

Midfielders:

5-Julio LANZIANO (Team: Atlético Jutense-Cafundeú)
Height: 5'7'' - Weight: 157lbs - Age: 27 years old
Julio Lanizano is the best playmaker in Erathore. He rarely ever misplaces a pass, no matter the distance. He has good ball control, speed, a sublime left foot, wonderful technical ability, and pure skill. He knows when to pass, when to carry the ball, and when to shoot. There is no other Erathi that can play the all important defensive playmaker position like he can. After several unsuccessful years in Queer Poco el Mono Ara, Lanziano left to join a strong Atlético Jutense team in Cafundeú. He was a starting midfielder the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad,
Caps: 95, Goals: 21

7-Alexio Del Nieran (Team: SK Franz Josef City--Polar Islandstates) VICE--CAPTAIN
Height: 6'1'' – Weight: 165lbs – Age: 27 years old
Alexio Del Nieran is undoubtably one of the best players in the world. He has won leagues and cups in three different nations with 5 different teams. In his first season in Cafundéu, playing with Dunboor FC, scored 57 goals in 80 appearances and won the Dunboor State Championship, Emperor's Cup, and the Cygnus Cup, for which he was the top goalscorer in the first two and probably was for the Cygnus. (OOC: I cannot make the claim that he won the golden boot do to other nations having competed. However, as he was the top scorer for Dunboor, who won the tournament, it is safe to say that he won it). He looks to regain the faith of the Erathi people, and it is expected that he will have no problem doing that. He has lost the captaincy to Roberto Bennedetto but there is no hard feelings between the two or between Del Nieran and Planeto Socrato (the coach of the national team). He is the first Erathi to reach 100 caps and is the record holder for appearances and goals scored. He has moved on from Cafundéu after an incredibly successful run that saw him cement his place as one of the worlds best. He now looks to ply his trade in Polar Islandstates. He is incredibly fast and agile, has top class technical ability, and a wonderful leg. He has been played in a multitude of positions during his life. Attacking midfielder for EMI FC, FC Mildrid, and Dunboor FC and as a striker for Avidia United and Cafundéu do Juta. He has also been played as a winger on several occasions and as a playmaking midfielder. His role in the national team over the past World Cup cycle has evolved from a pure attacking midfielder to more of a trequartista. In his first season with SK Franz Josef City, Del Nieran netted 15 times to help SKFJC win the league and the Latitude Cup. He finished in fifth place for the Player of the Season award, third for foreign Player of the Season, and second for Signing of the Season (finishing behind compatriot Isidoro Nao). He was a starting midfielder the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad,
Caps: 135, Goals: 80

10- Beren CELEBRINDAL (Les Alliés—Saugeais) –THIRD-CAPTAIN
Height: 6’ – Weight: 150lbs – Age: 5900
Beren Celebrindal is an absolutely extraordinary player. He delivers perfect passes time after time after time without appearing to look up to where he’s passing. He is wonderfully skilled technically wise. Additionally, he is a very clever player who can and will surprise other player with unexpected moves and passes. Outstanding lad.
Caps: 0, Goals: 0
U-21 Caps: 0, Goals: 0

20- Rafa DiSantos 'DiSantos' (Team: Niccostrato)
Height: 5'7'' – Weight: 143lbs – Age: 19 years old
Rafa Di Santos is a passing specialist who captains Nicostrato as a playmaking midfielder. He has better then average technical ability and wonderful first touches. He also has a very strong and accurate shot. His passing, both long and short, is incredible. He has won two Seria-A titles during his two years with Niccostrato and hopes to keep that up.
Caps: 21, Goals: 4

6-Espen Úpaddol ROLODEL (Team: Niccostrato) --Elf
Height: 6' - Weight: 153lbs - Age: 3694 years old
The first non-human player in Erathore, Rolodel has proved that you don't have to be human to be good at footy. In 47 appearences for FC Mildrid, he found net 37 times, earning him the golden boot and several other awards. He completed a shock move to Niccostrato as he saw himself being relegated to the bench due to several international powerhouse midfielders being brought into the team. Rolodel blends speed, power, and skill together to form a weapon that he uses to deadly effect. He was a starting midfielder the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad. After a disappointing performance during the 58th World Cup, Rolodel has been relegated to the bench.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale A - Form: A
Caps: 95, Goals: 23

8-Isidoro NAO (Team: FC Cape St. Paul--Polar Islandstates)
Height: 5’10’’ – Weight: 160lbs – Age: 23 years old
Nao was a standbout player on a DBC team several editions to go and many said that he would go on to do great things. He hasn't disappointed. He won the golden boot in his first season with Litala '93 and is expected to do big things for the club. Isidoro is know for his technical ability, creativity, pace, and ability to read the game. He has been described as a player whose vision and imagination make him an unpredictable opponent. He looks set to make a huge impact in Polar Islandstates as he completed a move from Litala to FC Cape St. Paul after the 49th Cup of Harmony. In his first season for the club, he netted 14 times to take FCCSP to a second place finish, finishing up as runners up to a powerful SK Franz Joseph City side lead by the dynamic Alexio Del Nieran. Nao picked up Foreign Player of the Season, Signing of the Season, and Young Player of the Season awards. He also finished second for the Player of the Season award. He was a starting midfielder the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad,
Rating: A – Team Relationship: B – Morale: A – Form: A
Caps: 90, Goals: 38
U-21 Caps: 12, Goals: 8

14-Marcello ALONSO Defon (Team: Hastmead Diamante CFC--Osarius)
Height: 6’ – Weight: 172lbs – Age: 23 years old
Alonso is the man you want in midfield to start attacks. No one his age passes better then him. No one can hit a player with a long pass with his level of accuracy. No one can predict his teammates runs as well as he can. He is the passing master. He also boasts a wickedly powerful and accurate shot, especially from long ranges. He has average footskills, which is fine, as he prefers to pass the ball along to a teammate. He has won two Osarian King's League titles with Diamante.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Form: A
Caps: 37, Goals: 6
U-21 Caps: 12, Goals: 1

18-Daiki Kaoru Ryota “Daiki” (Team: Bugny FC- Saugeais)
Height: 5’10’’ – Weight: 141lbs – Age: 21 years old
After scoring 15 goals in 30 games for Bugny FC in his first year and claiming a bronze boot and league title, Daiki turned many heads for his wonderful pace, technical ability, and finishing power. He received three U-21 friendly call-ups, scoring twice, before being called up for a senior team friendly in which he scored. This past season, he helped lead Bugny to a 4th place finish, scoring 23 goals in 30 games to claim another bronze boot.
Caps: 5, Goals: 1
U-21 Caps: 8, Goals: 3

22-Kimo Aberri “Aberri” (Team: AF Mildrid)
Height: 6'2'' - Weight: 160lbs - Age: 20 years old
Kimo is a great defensive midfielder who has a wonderful future ahead of him. He is exceptionally fast and incredibly strong for his age. He has not been blessed with footskills though, but he doesn’t have the need for them anyways. He has great short passing and good long passing. These allow him to be the general in the midfield when he plays. He usually plays as a deep lying playmaker operating from the defensive midfielder position. This is arguably the most important position in all of Erathi football as the incredibly effective Passe e Posse playing style revolves around that position.
Caps: 3, Goals: 0

Forwards:

9-Camthalio RINGËRIL (Team: Arcticala Inlet--Vilita)
Height: 5'9'' - Weight: 139lbs - Age: 3768
Three years ago he was no one. An elf who was about to have his professional debut in the Erathore Seria-C. He scored 48 goals in 38 games and finished first in Seria-C. 'Easy competition.' 'One time wonder.' That's what what people said. Those sayings were put to rest. 101 goals in 76 Seria-B appearances.11 goals in the King's Cup including a hat trick against FC Mildrid in the final. 11 goals in 5 games in the Copa Del Era including a hat trick against Juvillian Martinax in the final. Seria-B Champion, King's Cup Champion, Copa Del Era Champion, winner of the Palla dell'oro, Golden Tree, Golden Boot, and Forward of the Year awards. His speed is unmatched. His shots are the strongest, fastest, and most accurate one may see in their lifetime. He has wonderful dribbling and passing skills. He can talk to the ball, ask it to do things it wouldn’t normally do. He is a free kick master. He can bend the ball over and around the wall, as well as knuckle ball it. He is perfectly adept at using the left or right foot. He is also capable of striking the ball powerfully and accurately with his instep and outsole, enabling him to score from just about anywhere. In his six appearances in Copa Rushmori VII, he scored 10 goals. He completed a move to Arcticala Inlet over the offseason. Whilst everyone knew it was only a matter of time, it came as a surprise that he went to Arcticala, who is seen as a giant of the past and a minnow of the present. He was a starting striker of the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad.
Rating: A - Team Relationship: A - Morale: A - Form A
Caps: 81, Goals: 71

11-Ricardo VILLA (Team: Fontvielle Impact-Valladares)
Height: 175cm – Weight: 71kg – Age: 23 years old
Nicknamed Le Bambino Dorato (The Golden Kid), Villa is one of the best Erathi strikers there are. He is immensely skilled both on and off the ball. He is deadly from 35 yards in. In his first season with Fontvielle Impact from Valladares, Villa scored 25 times to win the golden boot and help the impact to a fourth place finish. In his first season with the Impact, he took them to a second place finish in the TQCC. Next season, he did one better as he lifted the team to their second consecutive TQCC final and won it.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A – Morale: A – Form: A
Caps: 80, Goals: 31
U-21 Caps: 12, Goals: 16

15-Huor Alcarin (Team: Niccostrato)
Height: 6'5 - Weight: 189lbs - Age: 3900
Huor Alcarin is, unlike a typical Erathi forward, a very big player, coming in a 6'5 and 188lbs. He's very much stronger then average for his size, which is impressive considering players his size are quite strong anyways. He has a fantastic finishing ability, being deadly from 35 yards in. Obviously, he has an incredibly strong shot for being able to blast those 30 yarders at goal. Huor Alcarin is fast. Not Del Nieran or Gaspare Malvolio fast, but still fast enough to give defenders problems. The combination of speed and strength is a winning combination that will be sure to take defenders by surprise. Another thing and possibly his deadliest trait. He has impeccable ball control and dribbling. He is on par with Del Nieran and the magicians of football in that regard. He scored 49 times in 67 appearances for Manlio before making a big move to Niccostrato, where he netted thirty times in 33 games to win the Seria-A title. He is a very arrogant and aggressive player, who has gotten in quite a few fights on the pitch.
Caps: 0, Goals: 0

17-CESC Celestino (Team: Eldorado-Cafundéu)
Height: 5'7'' – Weight: 159lbs – Age: 25 years old
Cesc Celestino is a wonderful forward who, at the age of 18, was the subject to a $21 Million deal to the best league in the world. With 6 goals in 5 U-21 games and 8 goals in 11 appearances for the senior team, Cesc was undoubtly one of the the most accomplished player of his age. A product of the FC Mildrid Youth Academy and a promising striker FCM slipped him into the senior squad at age 17. He was named player of the week during his professional debut game against Drago de Celio. He finished the season with several awards and 38 appearances and 23 goals. This attracted the attention of Eldorado from Cafundéu, who signed him on a $23 million contract. He was a starting striker of the Copa Rushmori VII winning squad.
Caps: 95, Goals: 34
U-21 Caps: 6, Goals: 6

21-Gaspare MALVOLIO (Team: A.F.F.----Cafundéu)
Height: 5'8'' – Weight: 163lbs – Age: 30 years old
Malvolio is incredibly quick and agile with impressive dribbling skills to match that speed as well. He also has a massively powerful and fast shot that can go from ground to goal faster then the keepers reflexes.
Rating: A – Team Relationship: A– Morale: A – Form: A[/b]
Caps: 93, Goals: 43
Last edited by Erathore on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hosted: BoF 42, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup, 1st International Football Tournament
Champions: Copa Rushmori VII, 1st International Football Tournament, 2nd Market Cup, 4th Market Cup, 4th World Indoor Soccer Championships
Runners up: 4th Commonwealth Cup, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup
Third: 3rd World Indoor Soccer Championships, Cup of Harmony 49, 20th Di Bradini Cup
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 46, Cup of Harmony 48
Other Finals Placings: World Cup 59 (Ro16), Cup of Harmony 47 (Quarterfinals), BoF 41(Ro16), Di Bradini Cup 16 (Quarterfinals), Di Bradini Cup 17 (Ro16), AOCAF XXXI (Ro16), 2nd World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals), 1st World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals)
Notable Rankings: #1 (Indoor Football--Post-4th World Indoor Soccer Championships

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Team Mapletish Copa Rushmori VIII
Starting 11
Gk #1 - Oliver Kahner
LB #2 - Glena Johnson
CB #3 - John Davis
CB #4 - Serago Ramos
RB #5 - Takashi Timi
RM #6 - Vander Varate
CM #8 - Steven Johnson
CM #10 - Peres De Oliver
LM #11 - Di Natile
FW #7 - JH Morrison
FW #9 - Alero Junio

Subsituition Bench
GK #13 Travis Hard
CB #14 Roi Ben
CM #12 Steven Jerrard
CM #15 Ricardo Taki
FW #17 Takashi Domi
FW #16 Lee Shin Dong
CB #18 Martin Keller

Reserves
FW #19 Haniff Ja'ffar Sadique
FW #20 Khalili D'Cruz
CM #21 Luiz Gustavo Dias
CM #22 Leandro Daniel Somoza
CM #23 Paul Scharner
CB #24 Irwin Shah
CB #25 Firmun Haniff
GK #26 Syazwan Huhari
FW #27 Mairo Balote
CB #28 Benoit Droissant
CM #29 David MaCann
CM #30 Nakanursami

Backroom Staff
Manager : Muain Newtons
Assistant Coach : Sunny Lee
Physio : Jaimie Roswell
Doctor : Dr Michelle Richards

Rp Permissions And Style Modifier
Choose my goalscorers: YES
Godmod scoring events: YES
RP injuries to my players: Yes [No career ending injuries]
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes [Up to 2]
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes [Up to 1 withn reason]
Godmod other events: Yes
Style Modifier : +5

Last edited by Mapletish on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Falconfar
Envoy

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Falconfar » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 pm

The Palace of the Diamond Cliffs
Irswabi, Falcon, Falconfar

Minister of Sport Ny'ar Tahoren stepped into the Throne Room once more. As one of the trusted advisers of the Queen, he didn't have to announce his presence to the court clerk, but he always made sure to click his shoes on the marble floor so that she would know that someone was there.

The young Queen of Falcon, Gyron, Isildar, and the moons looked up and smiled. The Birdman was an absolute gentleman, and one of her friends.

The Halil'Quan bowed, and wordlessly handed her a piece of paper. Although most messages could be sent and received electronically with Falconfarian technology, the young Queen liked the old ways of actually having something tangible to touch.

Group Draw for the Copa Rushmori VIII
Group E
Palacios and Rodallega
Falconfar
Civil Citizenry
Polar Islandstates
Carmadin
Newland-America
Match Schedule
MD1 Falconfar vs Carmadin @ The Deathbowl, Ituraitz, Astograth
MD2 Palacios and Rodallega vs Falconfar @ North Point Stadium, Olarria, Astograth
MD3 Falconfar vs Newland-America @ Itraitz Sporting Ground, Ituraitz, Astograth
MD4 Falconfar vs Civil Citizenry @ North Point Stadium, Olarria, Astograth
MD5 Polar Islandstates vs Falconfar @ The Deathbowl, Ituraitz, Astograth

"Ah," the Queen said after reading the paper, "I'd like some information on these countries, and how they play football, please."

Ny'ar bowed, and left, without another word.

So many new names, such tradition of football... I wonder how we will fare?

Albertson Training Fascility
Pyria, Gyron, Falconfar

"Gather around!" came the voice of Ju-Iro Tanawasi, ringing on the pitch. His players came, drenched in sweat from the morning's practice session.

"The groups have been announced. Group E in Copa Rushmori VIII: Palacios and Rodallega, Falconfar, Civil Citizenry, Polar Islandstates, Carmadin, Newland-America."

"Is there any information on our opponents, Coach?" asked Theodore Merryswing.

"The Queen has informed us that Ny'ar will look into that, and that info will be given to us soon. Now, I have something to say to you," the Coach replied.

The players fell silent as Ju-Iro Tanawasi spread his wings apart in reverence in the form of the Tehari (sing-song):

"For months you've played each other
Shed tears sweat and blood
But now you must all come together
Both human, bird, and turtle
To represent our three planets
And the four moons.
Build upon the past
Live in the present
Look toward the future
And always remember
That we are Falconfarians."

He continued in a normal voice, "I mean it, guys. Some of you have had some very good matches against each other. It's time now that you set aside the differences and work together. Practice dismissed for today."

The players left the pitch, leaving Ju-Iro alone on the pitch with his assistant, Max Vanguard.

"What do you think, Max?" the Halil'Quan asked.

"I think we better be damned ready, Ish-Nal," the Gyronian answered.

"We will be. We will be," the Halil'Quan promised.

To whatever end, or in this case, beginning.

That Evening
Barbara's Steakhouse
Pyria, Gyron, Falconfar

Barbara's Steakhouse was a renowned joint in the Empire for its steaks and burgers. The branch in Pyria was packed as usual, and the biggest table was being shared by twenty-three of Falconfar's greatest. They took up five tables, and were staying behind to talk to each other well past the times when the regulars left. The owners of the branch let them stay longer than closing hours, and the talk slipped to the games that they had had in the FPL season.

"...that was one hell of a run," Ti-Maro Wusahari was telling Theodore Merryswing, "When I went up to face you on that PK, I thought that you'd block it... Man, what an intense series that was."

Merryswing nodded, "The games you had against Na-Ru were insane, too. That Falconfar Cup, with the emergence of the Shock and all... It was a great one to watch and to play in. I'm glad that you're on my side now, Man. And just sayin', if you Shock do manage to get promoted to Div A or B, I'll be right there, trying to block ya."

Ti-Maro shook Theodore's hand, and the two fell into more friendly chitchat.

On another table, Xe'Notl Loria Votmk was talking about the Premier Championship game against the Spiders of Iona Junction, coached by Ju-Iro.

"I scored that goal, I did, in the seventh-first. Ju-Iro was right there, watching... And afterwards, he said, 'Miss Votmk, if I do become the coach of the National Team, I promise you will be on it.' And here I am."

"Well," commented Franscisca Qateli, "I was there too, and you were brilliant. You have been brilliant all year long. You scored about seventeen out of your team's forty-seven goals, right? That's impressive."

Loria smiled, and replied, "Now, let's get you some goals, shall we?"

The two women burst in laughter.

Ju-Iro Tanawasi came into the steakhouse. His athletes loved it here because they cooked only the best quality meat, which gave the body the nutrients it needed with no preservatives. He smiled as he saw his players talking and joking with each other. They were starting to become a team, and if they ended up gelling and bonding together, the results at this tournament wouldn't matter too much. It was the bonds and friendships being developed that mattered more than anything else, as well as making sure that the Queendom was held as a respectable, kind, genuine nation.

Zoon...
Former Puppet of Chromatika
Currently another Northern Sunrise Islands puppet

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Mangolana Gazzette

Copa Rushmori Group Draw Results and Predictions

The group draw for the 8th Copa Rushmori has now been completed, and things may not be good for Mangolana. Though the groups are extremely even in the quality of Teams, Mangolana has been drawn into Group A, which is the group of the host and defending Cup of Harmony champs, Astograth, which pretty much guarentees that one spot is already taken up from our group for the knockout rounds. We have also been placed in the group with the defending Champions of the Copa Rushmori, Erathore. Well folks I hate to say it, but we are in trouble.

Following the group draw, Mangolana manager Mikael Svensson, who just signed a 4-year extension as the manager of the Mangolana national team, had this to say. "We have been drawn into a very tough Group. Not only do we have to face the defending Copa Rushmori Champs in Erathore, but we have to play the hosts, Astograth. Then to top it off, we have to play them back to back in the last two games of the group stage. The boys have a long and tough road ahead of them, and I hope that they can step up to the challenge, and show there true potential, and maybe just maybe, bring home a Copa Rushmori title to Mangolana."

When asked if he thought the champion would come out of Group A, Mikael said that "Group A in my opinion could produce the champion, but it could also drain these teams, and cause them to fall into low energy areas, which could cause many a upsets, but we will have to wait and see now wont we."

Group Predictions

Group A
Erathore
Astograth
Mangolana

Homelands our
Kernansquillec
Jen O the Hill

Group B
The FSSO
Western Cuba

Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Aquillian
Baltskandio
Megadia

Group C
CNCR
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Darmen

Swartaz
Sargossa
Chenkorya

Group D
Saugeais
Ancharmunn
Erikkesh

The Hidden Paw
Mapletish
Mytannion

Group E
Civil Citizenry
Falconfar
Polar Islandstates

Carmadin
Palacios and Rodallega
Newland-America

Group F
Whirl Islands
The Kiaser Colonies

Krytenia
Valladares
Albertasby
West Zirconia

Bolded equals teams in Knock-out rounds

As you can see, by are not so experts expert predictions, Mangolana could barely make the Knockout rounds with some great play against the others in the group. Mangolana will be hoping to start there Copa Rushmori off right though when they open up there Copa Rushmori play with a game against Homelands our at the The Foundry (37,710) in Astograth. Homelands our did defeat Mangolana during the Cup of Harmony group stage, but Mangolana will be looking for revenge against this newbie team who the Mango's underestimated last time around. Projected Score: Mangolana 2-0 Homelands our.
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

The Group Draw has been announced, and Darmen has been set up to face some pretty familiar opponents, while also meeting some new opponents. Darmen will begin the Group Stage with a match against Alphabet Soup. On Matchday Two, Darmen will face the Confederated Nations of Continental Rushmore, and on Matchday Three will face Sargossa. Macthdays Four and Five will see Darmen face Swartaz and Chenkorya respectively.

Darmen has faced Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk seven previous times, and leads the all-time series with a 4-2-1 record. Darmen has outscored ABK nine goals to four in the previous seven matches. Darmen has quite the rivalry with ABK, and it's the closest thing Darmeni fans have to a real derby when these two teams play each other. "I can't wait to play ABK," said Tor Tong Lee, as we sat down for an interview, which you can read by clicking this link, "we always play in a very competitive game, and I can't wait to see how we do against them. Obviously starting out well is very important when you have such a short Group Stage set of matches. One or two loses can mean that your eliminated and have no hope of qualifying.

Darmen has never previously faced the CNCR, and Tim O'Donahaue says that it'll be a tough challenge. "It's always difficult when your playing a team for the very first time, you never now what to expect. No matter how good they are, they can always suprise you if you haven't at least watched one of their matches before.

Sargossa is another new opponent, but Tim O'Donahaue is a bit more confident talking about Sargossa then when he talks about the upcoming match. "We've seen Sargossa play a lot more than the CNCR. Personaly I've been a fan of Sargossa over the years, and it'll be a different experience when I'm trying to beat them, rather than rooting for them." Tor Tong Lee seemed to share O'Donahaue's thoughts about the matches versus the CNCR and Sargossa. "We've got a lot to play for in this tournament, and the matches agains the CNCR and Sargossa will be quite important. We need to win both of them to insure we have a good chance of advancing into the knockouts.

Darmen will close out the Group Stage with matches against Swartaz and Chenkorya, two other familiar opponents. Darmen leads the all-time with Swartaz. Although Darmen's record against Swartaz is 1-0-1, Darmen's 7-0 win over Swartaz in the second half of WC57 Qualifying makes the difference in the series. Tim O'Donahaue comented, "I feel pretty confident that we'll win our match against Swartaz. I don't think it will be by 7-0 again, but I can definatley predict a win." As for the all-time series against Chenkorya, he series is dead even, with both teams winning one match a peice. The scoring in the series has been even as well, with both teams scoring three goals. Tor Tong Lee commented on the upcoming match, saying, "The final match against Chenkorya will either be really fun or really important. Hopefully it's the former, as I know I would like to relax in the final match."

The tournament outlook might seem grim to the casual football fan, but for most of the die hard fans, it looks hopefull. Wins against ABK, the CNCR, and Chenkorya are almost expected, and wins against Swartaz and Sargossa are not unlikely. All in all, it is not impossible for Darmen to advance to the Round of 16, and possibly even make a Quarterfinals appearence.
Last edited by Darmen on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Erathore
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Erathore » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:03 pm

We Look At Erathore's Newcomers To The Squad For The Eighth Copa Rushmori

Welp it's that time again. Time for another international tournament. Time for the Copa Rushmori. We are the current holders of the trophy. We can do it again. But this article was not written to reflect on our victory last time around nor our hopeful victory this time around. This article is written with the intent of providing you common folk with a quick to read piece about the new squad members. Bang on!

No new faces in defense or goal so no need to linger there. Indeed the first new face is in the midfield.

Beren Celebrindal. The elven midfield maestro who is replacing the other midfield maestro Espen Rolodel in the center of the midfield. He is a brilliant player. He recorded 23 assists and ten goals this past season in Seria-A, during which he captained Matarazi to a best ever fourth place finish and a, ultimately unfulfilling, trip to the Globe Cup before he moved away to Les Allies in Saugeais over this past transfer window. He is an incredibly gifted player. He's a very clever player who is prone to creating unexpected magic with the ball to confuse defenders and to open up a scoring opportunity for himself or a teammate. His technical ability is something else. Technically, I think he is the king of what's fundamental in the game – control and passing. I don't think anyone can match him when it comes to controlling or receiving the ball. He's a brilliant player and I think we can expect to see him become one of the greats of international football. Outstanding lad.

Huor Alcarin. Another elf. Another damn good player. He is quite an impressive player. Alcarin is a very big player, coming in a 6'5 and 188lbs. He's very much stronger then average for his size, which is impressive considering players his size are quite strong anyways. He has a fantastic finishing ability, being deadly from 35 yards in. Obviously, he has an incredibly strong shot for being able to blast those 30 yarders at goal. That stuff is rather expectant of a player his size. Now for some things that may catch you by surprise. Huor Alcarin is fast. Not Del Nieran or Gaspare Malvolio fast, but still fast enough to give defenders problems. The combination of speed and strength is a winning combination that will be sure to take defenders by surprise. Another thing and possibly his deadliest trait. He has impeccable ball control and dribbling. He is on par with Del Nieran and the magicians of football in that regard. Outstanding lad.

Sure there may only be two new faces in the squad, but those two faces are starting. Hell one of them is the third captain of the team and he hasn't even been capped yet. The two of them are sure to be instant hits in this strong Erathi squad. The squad that looks to win the Copa Rushmori for the second time in a row.

National team vice-captain and the highest scoring and most capped player in Erathore's history, Alexio Del Nieran had this to say about the tournament during a press conference.
"No one came to welcome us. We didn't create a new way of playing football. We weren't admired by the whole world. We didn't take a whole country to the streets. I wasn't the top scorer. We couldn't bear the pressure. We didn't change the conception of football. I wasn't the best football player in the Seventh Copa Rushmori. We are not a team. We are not Rushmori Champions. We are not World Champions. The past doesn't count. Everything is starting again."
Hosted: BoF 42, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup, 1st International Football Tournament
Champions: Copa Rushmori VII, 1st International Football Tournament, 2nd Market Cup, 4th Market Cup, 4th World Indoor Soccer Championships
Runners up: 4th Commonwealth Cup, 1st Weaker Sex World Cup
Third: 3rd World Indoor Soccer Championships, Cup of Harmony 49, 20th Di Bradini Cup
Fourth: Cup of Harmony 46, Cup of Harmony 48
Other Finals Placings: World Cup 59 (Ro16), Cup of Harmony 47 (Quarterfinals), BoF 41(Ro16), Di Bradini Cup 16 (Quarterfinals), Di Bradini Cup 17 (Ro16), AOCAF XXXI (Ro16), 2nd World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals), 1st World Indoor Soccer Championships (Quarterfinals)
Notable Rankings: #1 (Indoor Football--Post-4th World Indoor Soccer Championships

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:07 pm

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk National Football Team

Country Name: Om Nom Nom of Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Country Code:ABK
Association:Abdian First Division
Year Founded:2011
Nickname:Elephdonkeys

Manager:Carty Lakan

Starters

Formation:4-4-2 w/ Diamonds in Midfield & Defense
GKP Walter Dukes
ST/Captain Miguel Atterbarry
SW Henry Ward
RDF Charles Tate
LDF Lloyd Miller
AMD Claude Crutcher
DMD Keith Green
LMD Mark Brown
RMD Harley Kent
RFW Jonathan Ellefson
LFW John Church

Reserves

GKP Sean Strickland
GKP Dennis Harris
ST Henry Willis
LDF Dennis Zick
RDF Richard Morris
SW Jeff Thompson
AMD Karl Fox
DMD Wendell Minor
LMD Louis Grant
RFW John Church
LFW Al Grieger

done by Barrengaka Kits

Captain: Miguel Atterbarry
Free Kick Taker: Claude Crutcher
Penalty Taker: Jonathan Ellefson
Right Corner: Claude Crutcher
Left Corner: Lloyd Miller

Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod scoring events Yes
RP injuries to my players Yes, max 1
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out yellow cards to my players Yes, max 4, unless you TG me first. OOC:Fights are fun, so I'll probably say yes if you ask :)
Hand out red cards to my players Yes, max 1, unless you TG me first.
Godmod other events Yes
Style Modifier: 5
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

The Astograth National Football Team

Style: +3
Colours
Wiki Page

Manager - Image Powell Pieran

Love him or hate him, there's no denying that the 51 year-old Citiz manager has forever earned himself a place in Astograthian football history after leading the national team to their first World Cup finals and their first trophy a cycle later. Despite the manager's legal problems with the Citiz FA, the FAF have confirmed Pieran in his post for the entirety of the coming World Cup season, and have high hopes for the team in the first Copa Rushmori on Astograthian soil.

Therefore, the current Cup of Harmony champions set out with the double goal of winning the Copa and scoping out who should join the squad for World Cup 59. For this, he has replaced the CoH squad almost entirely, with keepers Larretape and Irungarai expected to be given more of a chance to play along with striker Itzaina Erreka; Pieran is satisfied with Ikatz Ansotegi and Bartosz Slusarski but left them on anyway to provide support in their respective areas. The squad is, therefore, highly experimental and potentially fragile, but Pieran will consider it a success if he can draw two or three standout players and avoid a disastrous performance in the tournament.

Starting XI:
#1 - GK - Cheru Larretape (C) - Age 28 - Royal Rumiatzi – 25 caps, 38 goals against, 8 clean sheets
The captain of Royal Rumiatzi has been called up to the Astograthian many times but has never been able to dethrone Zernin Aira as starting keeper. He was given a chance several times in the World Cup 58 qualifiers, however, and strong showings in those have translated into a call-up for the Copa Rushmori. Pieran is also looking to test Irungarai, however, so there should be plenty of alternation.

#2 - LCB – Itziar Amiso - Age 28 – Image Gimnasia – Uncapped
Amiso has played in one of the KPFA League's top clubs for several seasons now, and although previously overlooked for the recklessness he displayed in Astograth he has cleaned up his act considerably and could quickly become a top defender.

#4 - CB - Dion Jantot - Age 26 - Royal Rumiatzi – Uncapped
Previously capped by Southern Cynocephali, Dion Jantot has recently been naturalised by Astograth and accepted the national team's call-up in light of the Cynoceph retirement from international football. A tall defender with plenty of talent, an excellent workrate and a solid club career; a likely candidate to make the WC59 squad.

#3 - RCB - Abdoulaye Bocandé - Age 22 – Echegoyan FC - Uncapped
Although of Zenegalese descent, Bocandé has been naturalised after being transferred to Astograth from the Tamarindo league. A crucial part of Echegoyan FC's rise to the top and eventual championship run, he is a blood-and-guts defender with no fear of crunching tackles or studs to the face.

#20 - DM - Diegoche Lizaran - Age 30 - Image FC Torshavn – 1 cap
Mostly a ball-stealer, Lizaran never stood out amidst all the other Astograthian midfielders until he committed his heart and soul into qualifying Urbizania Wanderers to the Globe Cup, which earned him a transfer to Polarian outfit FC Torshavn. Now a proud Cygnus Cup winner, Lizaran has high hopes of becoming an established member of Olibondeka.

#11 - LM - Zuzen Barta - Age 25 - Image Northbrook Diamonds FK – 9 caps, 1 goal
A quick little devil who rose through the ranks of Iturributa United and the U21 national team, competing in three Di Bradini Cups before earning a place in the team that reached the finals of World Cup 57. Didn't manage to fully convince Pieran, though, so he was cut for the following campaign and is now back with a vengeance.

#14 - RM - Lukar Mendikoa - Age 27 - Image Emberton Reds – 15 caps
Part of Ituraitz FC during their most successful period, Mendikoa is an incredible sprinter. He can run the full length of the pitch at top speed, with or without the ball, and leave defenders in the dust, but the cross isn't always as accurate as he'd like. He can hit the ball surprisingly hard for a man his size, though, which turns him into a credible goal threat.

#16 - AM - Aintza Lekea - Age 22 – Image Juvillian Martinax – 2 caps
Signed at a remarkably young age by the renowned FC Mildrid of Erathore and then transferred to the equally massive Juvillian Martinax, where he has quickly become one of the top-rated players in the Seria-A. Selfish with the ball and a bit of a diver, but his tricks and free kicks are brilliant. Suits Pieran just fine. A strong candidate for someday taking up the mantle of national team playmaker, though his attitude is strongly rejected by the Astograthian fans.

#10 - LCF - Formerio Iturralde - Age 22 - Image Casuals Osteria - Uncapped
Formerio Iturralde burns with ambition, and he was kept tucked away in the Iturributa United reserves for so long that when he was brought out for Di Bradini Cup 20 he simply ignited, scoring 6 goals in 4 matches. There was no keeping hold of him when Krytenian giants Casuals Osteria showed interest, and Iturralde looks forward to taking the national team by storm. He thinks of himself as the be-all end-all of football, so failure to get into the WC59 squad is something that he simply won't allow.

#9 - CF – Itzaina Erreka - Age 26 - Iturributa United – 21 caps, 4 goals
One of the Astograthian league's top forwards, Erreka has yet to properly establish himself in the national team, and given the amount of chances he's been given it's fair to say time is running out. He is rather tall but not a particularly great header or finisher; what sets him apart is his excellent positioning and poacher's instinct, capable of getting into the right place at the right time and keeping a cool head to score.

#18 - RCF – Iker Malik - Age 21 - Sporting Iturributa – 4 caps, 1 goal
Born to an Erathi father and an Astograthian mother, Malik was brought through the youth ranks of AF Mildrid until bursting onto the scene at the tender age of 18 as a prolific goalscorer, banging in 29 in his last season in the Seria-A and earning numerous accolades. Now he has returned to his motherland to play for Sporting Iturributa and laid claim to his Astograthian nationality, which resulted in a quick call-up to the past Copa Rushmori but was judged too big of a risk to take to the World Cup. Quick and elusive, he shakes off markers with ease before slotting the ball home from within the box.

Substitutes:
#13 - GK - Aztore Irungarai - Age 27 - Sporting Iturributa – 4 caps, 5 goals against, 3 clean sheets
A good all-around keeper, Irungarai has fulfilled the expectations of him at club level as he stepped up to replace the prestigious Zernin Aira. After a brief Di Bradini Cup performance some years ago, he has cemented himself as reliable and commanding, if slightly burdened by the reputation of his predecessor and Sporting's fine defensive tradition.

#23 - GK – Urgutz Martinena - Age 25 - Image Juvillian Martinax – Uncapped
A Di Bradini Cup participant, Martinena was starting keeper for Royal Arexa during their battles for promotion and relegation, with such great talent as to be snapped up by Erathi giants Juvillian Martinax. Though one of the highest-rated keepers in the Seria-A, his chances of playing at this Copa Rushmori are very low.

#5 - LCB - Eusko Kuruchet - Age 24 - Image Al Haxire – 3 caps
From the distant Taeshani league comes the hardworking Kuruchet, veteran of two Di Bradini Cups. Bred in the youth ranks of Royal Association, he left for Al Haxire at a young age on the back of his terrific positioning. His marking is a bit off, though, which can place the team under unnecessary pressure.

#12 - CB - Erramun Echebarria - Age 25 - Image Yuzhny Equinox – 6 caps
A product of the prolific Sporting Iturributa school of defenders, Echebarria isn't particularly tall or strong, but makes up for it with speed, stamina and bravery. Despite his short age he has plenty of experience, having started at Sporting for several seasons before falling out with the manager and moving to Yuzhny, where he doesn't enjoy as much success but doesn't have to bear the burden of anyone's legacy.

#19 - RCB - Ixona Ertze - Age 30 - Sporting Iturributa – 4 caps
Played sufficiently well at South Factory for long enough that the notoriously defensive Sporting took an interest in him. Rather technically limited, however, and he definitely doesn't do fancy stuff like play short passes. It's always long balls, blood and guts defending with him, which isn't to say it isn't effective either...

#6 - DM – Ion Arreta - Age 28 - Royal Rumiatzi – Uncapped
One of the lowest-profile players in the prestigious Royal Rumiatzi, Arreta is nonetheless a vital piece in the centre of the pitch, pressuring and cutting off attacks before they become a threat, though his tackles are often mistimed. Untested as far as the national team goes, but he should prove an interesting addition.

#17 - LM – Kauldi Ayatsbehers - Age 25 - Royal Rumiatzi – 2 caps
Ayatsbehers is on of the finest products of the Royal Rumiatzi youth ranks in recent years. A very aggressive player, he has been a constant in Rumiatzi's recent seasons. Prefers to cut inside and either shoot or play a short pass backwards instead of going wide and crossing.

#7 - RM – Bartosz Slusarski - Age 25 - Royal Rumiatzi – 16 caps, 3 goals
Slusarski, a naturalised Mytanar, was called up for World Cup 58 and proceeded to impress, providing several key goals and assists throughout the cycle. He should still be on his toes, however, because Itzeder Unzueta is the undisputed starter and Lukar Mendikoa could yet nab his spot on the substitutes' bench.

#8 - AM - Anixi Eturaspe - Age 22 - Echegoyan FC – Uncapped
An exciting young player and key part of Echegoyan's title-winning season. Nominally an attacking midfielder, but he likes to drop a bit deeper to recover the ball. His dribbling is good and his passing even better, which means that he can string together attacks all on his own, employing one-twos and sudden sprints to leave the striker through on goal.

#21 - RCF – Ikatz Ansotegi - Age 25 – Ituraitz FC – 31 caps, 12 goals
Ansotegi is built like a rugby forward and is deceptively fast, dragging the entire defense behind him before powering the ball into the net. Holds the record for most goals scored in a single match for Astograth, having put five past the helpless Melbergia. He earned Pieran's trust - and that of most Astograthians - on that night, but he still has a long way to go to be considered undisputed.

#22 - CF - Hurko Atristain - Age 24 - Image Red Star Severny – Uncapped
Atristain established a good scoring partnership with Ellis Elmsvikur at Urbizania Wanderers, but he was still just another striker among many when transferred to Red Star Severny of the Polarian Divisjon One. Once there, the previously unremarkable forward began to bang in the goals on a regular basis and became the team's driving force, his commitment eventually winning him the division's Signing of the Year award. Naturally, he has caught Pieran's attention, and will be looking to emulate his club form at the Copa.

#15 - CF - Kauldi Isasmendi - Age 23 - Iturributa Racing Club - Uncapped
Isasmendi is a good second-rate striker, being his club's top scorer and newly chosen as captain for his strong leadership. Has played for the U21s, but doesn't look ready to be a regular on the senior national team anytime soon.

Captain: Cheru Larretape
Free Kick Taker: Aintza Lekea
Penalty Taker: Aintza Lekea
Right Corner: Zuzen Barta
Left Corner: Aintza Lekea

All RP permissions are YES, barring career-ending incidents.

West Zirconia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby West Zirconia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 am

The WZFA, following the death of Chris Irwin during the World Cup qualifiers, has appointed caretaker-manager Ben Phillips as manager for the Copa Rushmori, with a view to the post becoming permanent depending on Phillips' performance in the competition.

Of the World Cup squad, only two players - forwards Steve Allerton and Alun Lydiate - have been retained, as Phillips puts his own stamp on the side.

The first XI is as follows:

GK Mike Chapman (Bradley Hornets)
DL Jason Clemence (Markham)
DC Stuart Palmer (Stanley United)
DC Karl-Heinz Holzmann (Wacker Neustadt)
DR Jon Wood (Stanley United)
ML Gary Tandy (Banks)
MC Tom Chamberlain (Crompton Town)
MC Andy Peters (c) (Mort Park)
MR Ray Scott (Taylor's Cross)
FW Alun Lydiate (Bradley Hornets)
FW Steve Allerton (Stanley United)

Substitutes:

Goalkeepers:
Mike Leonard (Banks)
Steve Pearce (Stanley United)

Defenders:
Harry Turner (Markham)
Adam Clarke (Civil Service)
James Kenny (Houghton Kestrels)

Midfielders:
Paul McCoy (Bradley Hornets)
Andy Cotton (Stanley United)
Liam Smith (Taylor's Cross)

Forwards:
Scott Woods (Markham)
Ross Goodey (Banks)
James Newton (Mort Park)

[OOC: Do anything that would be at least remotely realistically possible - the funnier the better]

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 am

Homelands Our Team Roster  for The Copa Rushmori VIII
Style Modifier +4

Choose my goalscorers Y (be realistic, no goalies scoring hat-tricks)
Godmod scoring events Y (go for it)
RP injuries to my players N (I would like to decide my own line up)
Godmod injuries to my players N (look above)
Hand out yellow cards to my players Y (not if the player has already been given a yellow card, as he would miss next match)
Hand out red cards to my players N (same as injuries)
Godmod other events Y (I will do this unless you say don't so you can do it too)

We will play a 4-3-3 formation as this creates a good all-round performance from our players.

The 11 That will start Matches

GK-1-Andrew Herkison-age 23-caps 23
RB-3- David foy-age 31-caps 43
CB-4-Michael bytersn-age 21-caps 20
CB-5-Rhys davr-age 23-caps 28
LB-2-David Davis-age 35-caps 58
DM/RM-9- Karl gadi-age 19-caps 29
CM-7-Kyle mcdondals-age 27-caps 38
AM/LM-8-Lewis callder-age 31-caps 39
ST-6- Mark moddr-age 24-caps 22
ST-10-James dact-age 32-caps 41
ST-11- Captain-Jamie long-age27-caps 32

After a dreadful end to the world cup 58 campaign our coach/manager was fired , literally! So a new manager has been found he is
John Stable-age 47.
He is a Homelands Our national and is very popular with players and fans.

The team and football association are both sponsored by HOAIR. The airline operates worldwide but focuses on flights to other airports in rushmore.
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Copa Rushmori VIII

Sargossa - 'The Corsairs'

Kit
Courtesy of ediraf

ImageImage

Coach

Brutušam Erassi (Kagdazka & Pazhujebu)
Shaven headed Pazhujebi tactician with a flair for the physical and an obsession with attacking football. Led his homeland to a world cup and the final of the regional AOCAF before getting the boot following a shock playoff defeat to Rouge Pioneers.

Assistant Coaches

Hernán Ojeda & Oghu'ghabuzheh Palšikar (Kagdazka & Pazhujebu)
Although his record as a manager in his own right leaves a lot to be desired Palšikar is a long standing collaborator with Erassi and can usually rely on his old mate to give him a job. Ojeda is a former assistant at SuperLiga giants Ciudad Soluca and provides the latest exotic forerign type in the hot seat with some necessary local input.

Talent

GK: 1. José Antonio Leiva (28) - Alianza Jucaro
Renowned locally as a safe pair of hands. Keeps his place after a good Cup of Harmony campaign.

DR: 2. Toni Siqueira (23) - Ciudad Soluca
Gallivanting right sided fallback with pace to burn and technique that comes from being half Cafundelense.
DRC: 5. Leandro Gonzàlez (19) - El Nacional
Captain of the Under-20 side that finished third at the Rushmori championship in Astograth. Shows a maturity on the pitch that defies his tender years.
DLC: 6. Javi Aguilar (31) - Royal Vosaroni Antenelli (Erathore)
Centreback with the silky ball skills of a Pocoan masseuse. Took much of the blame for poor performances in the last World Cup campaign but the new boss values his experience.
DL: 3. Mariano Mansilla (27) - Pythons (Queer Poco el Mono Ara)
Surprisingly dropped by Vazquez but immediately recalled by his replacement. Adds much needed solidarity.

DMC: 4. Lucas Càceres (31) - El Nacional
It's lovely to see a good old fashioned midfield hatchet man committing common assault on a football pitch. If at least one Continental Rushmore doesn't leave the pitch on a stretcher we'll be sorely disappointed.

AMR: 7. Andrés Guerrón (25) - Chastings Heights (Civil Citizenry)
Wing wizard with pace that wouldn't look out of place at the Olympics. The onus will be on him to push forward to support the lone striker.
MC: 8. Luís Ángel Landín (28) - Alianza Jucaro
Consistently one of the SuperLiga's most, well, consistent performers. Offers a neat and tidy range of passing and the ability to dictate the Corsairs' tempo.
AML: 11. Alejandro Echeverría (23) - Ciudad Soluca
This boy's a bit special and we're not talking in the crash helmet and crayons sense. Stick him anywhere in the attacking third and he can make something happen.

FRLC: 10. Alejandro Martinuccio (23) - Porto Alegro Azul
Erassi likes his big strikers and Martinuccio, at 6'4", fits the bill. Four goals at the recent Cup of Harmony are also possibly good reasons for his continued inclusion.
SC: 9. Celso Esquivel (28) - Royal Vosaroni Antenelli (Erathore)
A penalty area predator who led the goalscoring charts in Sargossa despite turning out for perennially midtable Daroca Marinos. He may not entirely fit the new boss' mould but has a goal scoring record that's hard to ignore.

GK: 13. Cristian Deballa (25) - Dunas Del Sol
DRC: 12: Juan Delgado (29) - Sporting San Marquez
DC: 14. Bruno Trejo (23) - Deportivo Cordova
MRC: 16. Hugo Messina (27) - Alianza Jucaro
AMC: 15. Matías Montiel (23) - Ciudad Soluca
MLC: 18. Hernán Del Moral (22) - El Nacional
FC: 17. Héctor Riera (30) - Ciudad Soluca

Style

Style Modifier = 'Fuck it, chaaarrrrge!' (+5)

Permissions
If my opponent RP's first they can:
Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod Scoring Events Yes
RP injuries to my players Yes (within reason)
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players Yes
Godmod Other Events Yes: Just no killing, maiming, burning or heavy petting
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Introducing the Team

The Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk team for Copa Rushmori VII was announced, containing all the players selected for the last one. Miguel Atterbarry retained his captainship. Expected starters for the opening match include Walter Dukes, Atterbarry, Henry Ward, Charles Tate, Lloyd Miller, Claude Crutcher, Keith Green, Mark Brown, Harley Kent, Jonathan Ellefson, and John Church. Coach Lakan appeared very pleased about the state of his team. "I think our boys looked good out their in practice and I expect good results in this tournament."

ABK was drawn in with CNCR, Swartaz, Chenkorya, Sargossa, and rival Darmen. They will be playing in Ittuributa, Astograth for Group C. ABK will start off with Darmen, who we have faced 7 times. Darmen will be lead my midfielder and captain Zach Preston, along with 28-year old striker Bryan Faulkner, one of two Darmeni players stationed overseas. Faulkner is playing in Civil Citizenry, where he is teammates with Miguel Atterbarry. Atterbarry had this to say, "I am sure it will be a fun match. I know there will be some good-natured ribbing back at the club, so this gives me an extra reason to go hard." ABK then faces Swartaz, who has not yet announced the roster that will be representing them at Astograth. Chenkorya is up next, who has not announced their players either. Copa Rushmori V champions Sargossa are our opponents after that. Sargossa, coached by Kagdazka & Pazhujebu national Brutušam Erassi, has another player who is currently playing with Atterbarry at Chastings Heights; Andrés Guerrón, who will have to be watched very carefully up front by Charles Tate. Erathore plays a 4-5-1, so it will be interesting to see how Lakan adjusts the team for this matchup. ABK finished off group play facing CNCR.

Teddy bear sales are up threefold in ABK, where raving fans are buying their tickets to Astograth. The Teddy Bears, initially introduced at World Cup 56 Qualifying, will likely be flying out at least once in this cup. We wish our boys the best in the upcoming tournament.
Last edited by Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Western Cuban National Soccer Team Roster

The National Team after having a solid World Cup 52 was disappointed after not being invited to the Cup of Harmony. However after a 1st place finish in the 3rd Quall Cup hosted in Western Cuba the National Team is on a hot streak and have not lost since Matchday 17 of WC 58. Now the National Team takes their talent to Rushmore in their first ever Copa Rushmori. Will it be a successful one?

Style Modifier: -2
Formation 4-5-1
Manager: Ricardo Márquez

Starting 11:
GK, #1 Hector Diaz

FB, #2 Mario Rivera
CB, #3 Dante Rios
CB, #4 Ramon Chavez
FB, #5 Benito Vasquez

LM, #6 Emilio Martinez
CM, #7 Che Lopez
DM, #8 Damian Hernadez
CM, #9 Fausto Garcia
RM, #10 Cayo Vargas

CF, #11 Edgardo Mendoza

Reserves:

GK, #12 Saulo Castillo

FB, #13 Victor Santiago
CB, #14 Horacio Pena
CB, #15 Javier Ortiz
FB, #16 Gustavo Guzman

LM, #17 Fidel Torres
CM, #18 Goyo Soto
DM, #19 Alfonso Garza
CM, #20 Andres Jimenez
RM, #21 Carlos Gonzales

CF, #22 Pablo Gutierrez

Roleplay Permissions:

Injuries: The opponent is allowed to roleplay minor injuries, however though major injuries must be tg'd to me first before posting.
Godmods: Godmods are not allowed unless you tg me before posting
Choice my Scorers: Yes
Yellow Card my Players: Yes
Red Card my Players: No I choose who gets kicked off on my team

Uniforms:
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:49 am

The Island Chronicle

Enter Erassi

So here we are, at the dawning of yet another new era and the Sargossan public are eager to see how their heroes fare under the tutelage of new coach Brutušam Erassi. The shaven headed Pazhujebi isn't the chattiest of souls but a series of short and to-the-point interviews with the tactician seem to guarantee two things. The Corsairs will be attacking like they've rarely attacked before. And, in the process, they'll be getting well and truly stuck in. That second philosophy has been cemented by the inclusion of El Nacional midfield anchorman Lucas Cáceres who, as good a holding player as he is, has a fairly appalling disciplinary record in the SuperLiga.

Unsurprisingly the bulk of the squad who preformed above expectations at the Cup of Harmony retain their places while the Erathore based duo of Javi Aguilar and Celso Esquivel return to the fold. The most eye raising decision was the relegation of midfielder Matías Montiel to the bench. Montiel is undoubtedly a supreme talent but has been deemed a little too lightweight for the new coach's physical style so out of the side he goes. Proof positive that Erassi is more than happy to do his own thing.

It's Copa Rushmori time and once again the feelings are, well, mixed. We overtly take a detached view of this particular competition. Regarding it as barely second rate, as shown by the past successes of such luminaries as Isla Pilsen and Nieuwe Sleeswijk, but, and keep this to yourself, secretly harbouring a desire to win this tournament more than any other. So it's to Astograth we go for a seventh crack at it.

Reports from the training camp in Iturributa are positive, suggesting that the new coach has injecting a bit of energy into a squad. Energy that was notable missing during the World Cup qualifiers. And energy that they'll probably be needing as a couple of old foes loom on the horizon. Fittingly the Corsairs' first opponents of this campaign are their last of the previous edition. And it'll be a good test for Erassi's irresistible force as they take on the immovable object of a CNCR side who like to park the bus and then hope for the best. Two years ago a Montiel goal beat the motley collection of Continentals in the group stages in Saugeais but no amount of huffing or puffing could blow the door down as the two nations met again in the quarter finals. The CNCR held out for a goalless draw and a win on penalties. Once upon a time a foreign coach of Sargossa started their reign with an 8 - 0 Copa victory. A repeat of that would be lovely.

But there's an even older foe waiting in the wings as Sargossa and Swartaz are set to clash for the eighth time in our history. Sargossa have been triumphant on three of those occasions, the first of those coming way back in the Corsairs debut World Cup qualifying campaign, while Swartaz have two victories to their name. The last of those came four years ago when the Corsairs, defending their Copa, suffered more penalty induced quarter final heartbreak. Swartaz also happened to be coached by a chap called Gabriel Vizcarra, arguably the best Sargossan tactician ever. Under his influence the Corsairs went to two world cups and broke into the world's top twenty, no charges were pressed. He also holds the singular honour of masterminding El Nacional's stunning Takil Quip Champions Cup win.

Then come the rest. Darmen are a deeply offensive foe but if they oversee their sporting campaigns like they do their military manoeuvres or espionage missions it could be a stroll in the park. Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk have a ridiculous name while the Chenkoryans are overly fond of awful, awful music. Neither of which is particularly relevant but this is a rush job.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:01 am

The Kiaser Colonies National Football Roster:

Coach: Greg Jackson - Age 37

Starting XI:
GK: Conor Neville - Age 26

LB: Jerry Wallaby - Age 36
CB: Andrew Gray - Age 32
CB: Ryan Kelly - Age 23
RB: Hakebo Sanuli - Age 31

LM: Adam Jones - Age 25
CM: Conner Tobin - Age 24
CM: Bradley Jones - Age 25
RM: Nomah Papakoi - Age 34

ST: Ricky Lamont - Age 29
ST: Mefoko Papakoi - Age 33

Subs & Reserves:
GK: Liam O'Hare - Age 28
GK: Simon Davies - Age 19
DEF: Ronan Jordan - Age 32
DEF: Gary Sherridan - Age 31
DEF: Philip Dorian - Age 28
MID: Peter Nolan - Age 23
MID: Cyril Fagan - Age 27
MID: Bradley Jones - Age 25
MID: Muku Jahai - Age 30
ATT: Brian May - Age 27
ATT: Colm Goldrick - Age 26
ATT: Chris Hudson - Age 24

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y (no more than 2 game out)
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out Yellow cards to my players: Y
Hand out Red cards to my players: Y (just not too often)
Godmod Other Events: Y

Style: +2

Stadium: Highroyds City Stadium, Highroyds
250,000 seats

Thanks to Astograth
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:26 am

Comparison of Sport in Homelands Our

The Island of Jersey

We begin at the only island of our country, jersey. Jersey is a tropical paradise and any sports-person or fan will know that, that is the perfect climate for outdoor sports. 

1. Football. Football is by far the most watched sport on the island. Island of Jersey FC won the first two HOSL's but were blown away in the current season. Jersey North FC closely follow Island FC is performance finishing one place below them every season. The HO league feeder Jersey FC ran Napio FC all the way to GD but 3 goals kept them from being promoted to the HOSL.
2.Gridiron Football. Surprising as it is as we do not have a league for this sport. However loads of clubs have been formed around the country and a league looks like a possibility soon. 4 of the players that will go to the World Bowl are from Jersey.
3.Rugby (league and union). Another sport that lacks popularity on the mainland but the islanders love. Maybe this is why you have a 50% better chance of getting murdered on the island.
4.Tennis. Who does not love a bit of good old bat and ball. You will notice that this is the first solo sport on the list so islanders must love working in a team. The biggest tennis stadium is in jersey, it's on the hard surface but failed to win the bid for a ITAS1 trounament.
5.Cricket. Well to be more precise T20 cricket. Despite our dismal performance in Michael VII, T20 cricket has seemed to find a lot of popularity in the south of our nation, that includes jersey.

So there you have it, the five most popular sports in our island of Jersey.

City of Harloop and surrounding area

So now we move north-west from Jersey and head to our capital city, Harloop. Not the major sporting hub like some capitals are. However that statement could go to anyone of our southern city's or island.

1.Football. Well did you expect anything else from the city that has four teams in the professional leagues. Not meaning to give anything away as results of the recent season have not been made global but it looks like three of those teams will be in the same league next season.
2.Cricket. Like I said their has been a surge in popularity in T20 since the world cup. A failure it was but their is always hope. In effort to get children into cricket a new format called SixAllROUND has been introduced.
3.Baseball. Well the full nation was behind us during WBC21. Threats of nuclear war, parties, disappointment, the tournament had it all. The whole nation now seems to have a love affair with this sport. But will the love last?
4.Ice Hockey. During the winter in northern Harloop snow does start to fall, so the winter sports-people are out. This is an indoor sport but still follows the winter sports season. We done okish at the Winter VII's reaching the quarter-finals out of a hard group.
5.Athletics. Track sports are popular in harloop. As the main stadium, the Harloop National does not have a running track there us a stadium. It's called the Harthtic Stadium. The "Har" bit stands for Harloop, the"th" bit is for the th in Athletics and the "tic" bit for the same bit in the same word.

So that's a round up of Harloop.   

East Kilbride and surrounding area

Heading east and back over Jersey we come to East Kilbride. This is a city that got put on Homelands Ours sporting map when the collage gridiron football team done well in NSCF. 

1.Football. Right so the city has three teams. The most successful by far has been EK888. They have came 4th or above in every HOSL season. They have won the second HOFAC. East Kilbride city are the other team in the HOSL but are not as good as EK888.
2.Basketball. The sport of basketball is popular in East Kilbride with the city council doing a lot to keep it up at number 2. Basketball as a whole is not that big in Homelands Our.
3.Cricket. The southern city's civilians better watch out for six's going out the ground. Played over the summer this gains most of it's popularity from football fans who have nothing better to do in June and July.
4.Baseball. This sport is almost the same sport as cricket but noticeable differences keeps baseball at number 4. Just a few years ago this sport would have came in the 20's if not below but WBC 21 changed all that. We still haven't started our nuclear war however.
5.Handball. A shocker in at number 5, I didn't even know about this sport until today. I think it's the short seasons in handball that gives it it's place here.

That's the five most popular  sports in East Kilbride.

Napio and Swift

The north and the south of our country is split by a rainforest, however there is a break in the rainforest about halfway along. In that break is the city's of Napio and Swift.

1.Football. This is mostly dew to Napio. Napio has the Napio Lions FC. Napio Lions are highly successful and look like they could challenge the teams from Jersey. Swift has the Swift Scorpions. They look prone to finishing 10th and last in the HOSL. Will they do that in the first season with relegation or will they get their act together?
2.Baseball. The same as in Harloop and East Kilbride, this is down to WBC 21. A new baseball league looks very likely in the next few years and who know where the sport could go after that.
3.Ice Hockey. Probably dew to the fact that being in between two rainforest's you get a season called, The Wet. Ice hockey is then ideal as it is and indoor sport.
4.Cricket. Not as popular as in some of the sunnier southern city's. Clubs here have to play the 'home' games at the start of the season in Harloop as it is to wet to play here.
5.Rugby (league and union). Making a comeback here after slumps in recent years. League is the most popular of the two for reasons unknown. Union however does still enjoy a large following.

That's the round up of the two central city's.

Choup, Newland and surrounding area

We head north how.Once the second city, Choup has fallen to 3rd but sport is just as popular as in East Kilbride and Harloop. Newland however is a new city, that has a love for sprt.

1.Gridiron Football. What! I hear you cry, well I can explain. Will I explain, No! Wait I have to! This is slave labour! It's because the city's gridiron teams are better than football teams.
2.Football. Both of the city's have one team in the HOSL and one in the HO league. The teams are not the best, in fact I don't think that they will ever get a globe cup spot.
3.Ten-Pin Bowling. An indoor sport for rainy days perfect for then winter when there is some snow. Plentiful nightlife bowling stadiums mean that it gets to even more people.
4.Speedway. One for the summer now. The people of these two city's  love watching people go round tracks on bikes.
5.Badminton. Yes more indoor sports for the winter in the north of our country. I don't know why people like this sport. All that matters is that they do.

And that's your round-up, goodbuy
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

The Hidden Paw
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hidden Paw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 am

Maybe time passes more slowly in 'The Hidden Paw' than it does in some other nations, but anyway they're sending exactly the same team that they sent to the previous Cup (and to the one before that, and for that matter both of the two before that as well, too...) but nobody in it looks any older now than they did then...

Nation: The Hidden Paw
Team nickname: 'The Great Hunt'

Manager: Harrubearr DeWhite (male Ursine, very light-brown fur, elderly, eloquent) (Now known, IC to Bears Armed’s intelligence community and OOC to anybody who remembers the RP from a couple of Cups back or so, somehow to be ‘Harrubeaer, the Master of Minds’, one of the inner circle of wizards who controlled the ‘Purple Empire’ many centuries ago…)

Team Doctor: Berrins ThunderBear (male Ursine, youngish adult, dark brown fur, wears heavy glasses and often wears a white 'lab' coat over his ordinary clothes, doesn't talk much)

Kits: 'Home' = all white (except Goalkeeper's, which is dark gray)
'Away' = all black (except Goalkeeper's, which is light gray)

Style modifier: balanced, essentially ±0 (although if the host is willing then this goes to +1 against any team whose style is -2.5 or lower / -1 against any team whose style is +2.5 or higher...)

Normal formation: 3-4-3

RP permissions: Anything that's reasonable or funny, but don't get too many of them red-carded at a time; however their doctor can "magically" fix most injuries almost immediately, and most other injuries before their next game... and two of the players, namely 'Sable' & 'Scarrlett', are basically indestructible to any hazards to which they're at all likely to be exposed in these circumstances anyway.

Yes, they're all Ursines, although unlike the teams from Bears Armed they're males rather than females. They're generally closer to the 'human' end of the anthropomorphism scale than most of BA's people, less massive but more agile than those, and --- except in any specific cases where I indicate otherwise -- have eyesight within the normal human range.
Also unlike the teams from BA, these players are quite likely to cheat if they think that there's something worthwhile to be gained by doing so and that they have a reasonable chance of getting away with it. To use an analogy based on the Harry Potter' books, if BA is 'Hufflepuffs' -- which I think would be a fairly common view abroad -- or even (at least by their own estimation) 'Gryffindors' then THP tends to be more... well... 'Slytherins'...
(Why a 'Harry Potter' analogy, you ask? Well, remember, this is one of the nations that managed to field a team for NS's first 'Quidditch World Cup': Don't worry, though, they have a strict "No wands inside sporting venues" rule for everybody except sports associations' officials and -- when playing -- Quidditch teams...)
(Of course, 'Slytherins' and their typical attitude to rules...)

Roster

Goalkeeper: #01 _ Pait'hurr Storm _ plays for 'SouthGate Stormcubs' _ dark brown fur, ambidextrous, big but fast on his feet too, can exhale strongly enough to blow the ball around and maybe even to blow opposing players off of their feet.

Defenders: #02 _ Berrjhill ThunderBear _ plays for 'Island Rangers', usual position = Left Back _ greyish-brown fur, left-pawed, twin brother of #04. (These twins have a strong rapport that helps them to work very well together).
#03 _ Darron Barkh _ plays for 'Imagerrie Ikons', usual position = Centre Back _ dark brown fur, left-pawed, big and strong but deceptively nimble too, the team's youngest player.
#04 _ Skorth ThunderBear _ plays for 'Island Rangers', usual position = Right Back _ greyish-brown fur, right-pawed, twin brother of #02. (These twins have a strong rapport that helps them to work very well together).

Midfielders:

#05 _ Anddurr Sable _ plays for 'Midsomer Mysteries', usual position = Defensive Left Midfielder, Team Captain _ ambidextrous, black fur, expressionless eyes, "indestructable", can not only project his voice right across the field but do so in such a way that only his intended target[s] here him, a very good player and a verrry good tactician.
#06 _ Derrak o FarWoods _ plays for 'FarWoods Rangers', usual position = Defensive Right Midfielder _ grayish-brown fur, right-pawed, in awe of (but dislikes) Andderr Sable.
#007 _ Jamz Bland _ plays for 'Multiversal Importers', usual position = Offensive Right Midfielder _ fur = light brown, right-pawed, good at getting to where his team's opponents don't want him to be, a playmaker and sometimes (usually when the opposition don't expect it) goal scorer, almost as good as he thinks he is _ off the pitch he dresses stylishly & expensively (just avoiding "flashily" too), enjoys good living and fast cars, and chases attractive females (Human as well as Ursine) who do tend to fall for him...
#404 _ Ethbahr Nevermore _ plays for 'Midsomer Mysteries', usually as Offensive Left Winger _ black fur, smaller than 'Sable' and a bit further from human than him as well, ambidextrous, he specialises in getting around the pitch without being noticed by the opposition (for example, to ensure that one of his colleagues isn't "offside" after all) and doesn't talk much.

Strikers:

#11 _ Bruettus Woaden _ plays for 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Left Forward _ dark brown fur with a "blue" tinge, right-pawed, big & strong, fairly fast but not quite as manoeuvrable (or as intelligent?) as some of his colleagues; [non-identical] twin of #12.
#12 _ Bruenno Woaden _ plays for 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Right Forward _ dark brown fur with a "blue" tinge, left-pawed, tbig & strong, fairly fast but not quite as manoeuvrable (or as intelligent?) as some of his colleagues; [non-identical] twin of #11.
#13 _ Gerray Scarrlett _ 'ChromaCity Champions', usual position = Centre Forward _ medium-brown fur with a reddish tinge, ambidextrous, a bit smaller than the twins but still quite large by human standards and surprisingly strong, fast and manoeuvrable and bright, "indestructible", good at inspiring the team (of which he is Deputy Captain...).
(A fairly common tactic, when Gerray kicks off, will be for him to take the ball down-field while the Woaden twins back him up -- in a sort-of 'wedge' formation -- to discourage any attempts at tackling him & to help recover the ball if he does lose it...)

(Substitutes possibly to be added later...)

The Hidden Paw
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hidden Paw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:45 am

"It's too furless hot here."

"Be less hot if we were furless..."

"Urrgah! That's not something to joke about."

"Hwhy not? After all, history says that our earliest incarnations were as Humans, hrright?"

"Hwell, yes, but I'm used to being ursine in form, having grown up like it and all: Aren't you?"

"Mostly, I suppose... but not here. Urrgah!"

"It isn't the heat, it's the humidity..."

"Maybeso...
"Anyhows, hwhat do we know about our opponents for tomorrow?"

"No roster posted yet, but they're definitely
Humans themselves ... and they, or hwoever else it was who were in their country's team then, got as far as the 'Round of Sixteen' in the latest World Cup..."

"Oh..."

"Ayyuh. have to play our best, and then some, I reckon."

"Ah hwell. Ours not to reason hwhy..."

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:42 am

Civil Citizenry National Team
Roster

Wladyslaw Bashirskaya (Head Coach ~ #00 ~ Pazhujebi)
Bashirskaya's guidance aided a return to the Cup of Harmony quarterfinals, where the Bakers were just barely eliminated by the top-ranked Archregimancy. A strong run was necessary for Bashirskaya to keep his managership; the CFA says, with regards to World Cup 59, his position is tentative and tenuous. The Pazhujebi mastermind has chosen a bold move by opting to leave off almost his entire regular roster, picking a mix of old and young on-the-cusp players instead. He is hoping to find some combination of youth and experience to add to the normal roster for the next World Cup. Palmer Newman, who has had a rough couple seasons, will make his return to the big stage. Highly-touted players from the Rushmori U-20 championship team, Brigham Bond, Preston Latimer, and Ascot Sanders, will all make their international debuts. Dalton Bradshaw-Laughton, who has not worn the red & castle since World Cup 57, makes a glorious last hurrah at the age of 36.

Palmer Newman (Goalkeeper ~ #12 ~ 29 years old ~ North Woodlands)
Tucker Patton (Left Defender ~ #02 ~ 28 years old ~ FC of Groundery)
Irving Jefferson (Center Defender ~ #16 ~ 30 years old ~ North Woodlands)
Ayers Kemp (Right Defender ~ #17 ~ 26 years old ~ Briarmore FC)
Rex Parker-Stockleigh (Left Midfielder ~ #01 ~ 27 years old ~ Lalard Tanks/Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk)
Dawson Pollard-Beck (Center Midfielder ~ #04 ~ 24 years old ~ FC Salutin)
Pascal Sinclair (Center Midfielder ~ #22 ~ 29 years old ~ FC Sandside)
Landor Goldwin (Right Midfielder ~ #03 ~ 27 years old ~ FC Axel Heiburg/Polar Islandstates)
Rawdon Waldo (Left Forward ~ #14 ~ 28 years old ~ Chase Citiz)
Brigham Bond (Center Forward ~ #05 ~ 22 years old ~ Niccostrato/Erathore)
Avery Radcliffe (Right Forward ~ #06 ~ 28 years old ~ FC of Groundery)

Broughton Storm (Goalkeeper ~ #13 ~ 23 years old ~ FC of Groundery)
Yeremi Larraza (Goalkeeper ~ #08 ~ 30 years old ~ TFC Lannymore)
Lester Kendrick (Left Defender ~ #09 ~ 25 years old ~ FC1. Surtsey Island Gulls/Polar Islandstates)
Cable Washington (Center Defender ~ #10 ~ 26 years old ~ High Groth Athletic)
Howard Hudson Stanford-Wallace (Center Defender ~ #11 ~ 26 years old ~ Hill Lane)
John Averill-Worth (Right Defender ~ #21 ~ 29 years old ~ TFC Lannymore)
Tucker Chance (Left Midfielder ~ #15 ~ 30 years old ~ FC of Groundery)
Ascot Sanders (Left Midfielder ~ #18 ~ 22 years old ~ Fox Zero)
Dalton Bradshaw-Laughton (Center Midfielder ~ #07 ~ 36 years old ~ Sparta FC/FSSO)
Washington Bliss (Right Midfielder ~ #19 ~ 26 years old ~ Chase Citiz)
Carl Keaton (Right Midfielder ~ #23 ~ 25 years old ~ Merrilin FC)
Scott Farrell (Left Forward ~ #24 ~ 23 years old ~ TFC Lannymore)
Preston Latimer (Center Forward ~ #25 ~ 21 years old ~ Chase Citiz)
Wilford Dudleigh (Right Forward ~ #20 ~ 28 years old ~ Desert Rampage)

Information

National Demonym
Citiz
Team Nickname
Bakers
Skill Modifier
+3
Formation
3-4-3
Starters
-------------------------------- Newman --------------------------------
----------- Kemp ---------- Jefferson ---------- Patton -----------
-- Goldwin - Sinclair - Pollard-Beck - Parker-Stockleigh --
------------------ Radcliffe ------ Bond ------ Waldo -----------------

RP Limits
None. Choose my goalscorers, injure my players – anything that’s not supernatural or unreal. Please do not use real life pictures to represent my players or stadia.
Kits
Last edited by Civil Citizenry on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Iarlaith Mag Aonghusa was sitting in the Saugeais International Airport terminal with the rest of the national team, waiting for their flight to board, when out of the corner of his eye he spotted a group of young men in Saugeais national team gear walking down the corridor. They were led by a man in a black and gray houndstooth suit. Mag Aonghusa stood up, immediately recognizing the man in charge of the group: it was Harrison Pinchot, with the under 21 squad behind him. He walked up to Mr. Pinchot, where they both smiled and shook hands.

"Good to see you again, do you have time for a quick chat," said Mag Aonghusa.

"Sure, I was just leading the squad down to gate 8," Pinchot said in reply. "Our flight leaves in 40 minutes, and I don't want the team to miss any training time once we are in Civil Citizenry."

"Civil Citizenry, eh? Well, we'll only be a stones throw away from you then. The Copa is being held in Astograth, where we are headed."

"Aha! Well, all the better to wish you luck then. The Copa always brings out the best in teams, I expect no different in the Di Bradini Cup."

Mag Aonhusa paused for a second, and retorted, "I have an idea. How about we make a little wager, nothing extravagant, just the loser buys the winner dinner."

"I'm listening," responded Pinchot.

"You have a fine set of young talent over there," as Mag Aonghusa pointed to the Foxes, who were conversing with the Knights. "And my team has been doing well for themselves lately. The winner of the wager is whoever can take their team farther in their respective competitions. Sound good?"

Pinchot laughed, "You know, Iarlaith, you say that now, but then we are both going to lose in the quarterfinals like always! Haha! But, I think this little friendly wager would be a good opportunity to make the team concentrate on the task at hand. Surely, you will do the same. So therefore, I accept you wager and wish you the best of luck."

"As I, you, Harrison," said Mag Aonghusa.

Now Boarding, Flight 63 to Rumiatzi International. Flight 63 to Rumiatzi International, now boarding.

"Well, looks like we need to go. Take care in Civil Citizenry, Harrison," as Mag Aonghusa began to walk back to his team.

"You too in Astograth. Hey Foxes! Let's move!" shouted Pinchot as the two teams split up and went their separate ways.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads