I aim for this to become a game completely unique to NS, and hopefully it will gain a strong, strong following here.
Anyway, the game is not yet created. There have been some suggestions on the World Cup thread, and if the people who made them would kindly post them here, we can get rolling. In the future, the spoiler below will be edited to contain the rules that the community has agreed on. Please note that at this point, everything is up in the air.
I would ask that you be kind and respectful of other's opinions and ideas at all times while discussing this new sport. After all, if we can't work together, this thing will never, ever get done!
So now, begin! And may Margaret be with us all!
Wikipedia wrote:The various codes of football share the following common elements:
In most codes, there are rules restricting the movement of players offside, and players scoring a goal must put the ball either under or over a crossbar between the goalposts.
- Two teams of usually between 11 and 18 players; some variations that have fewer players (five or more per team) are also popular.
- A clearly defined area in which to play the game.
- Scoring goals or points, by moving the ball to an opposing team's end of the field and either into a goal area, or over a line.
- Goals or points resulting from players putting the ball between two goalposts.
- The goal or line being defended by the opposing team.
- Players being required to move the ball—depending on the code—by kicking, carrying, or hand-passing the ball.
- Players using only their body to move the ball.
This link has the rules of Community Football