NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Iron X: RP, roster, and scores thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:33 pm

SHUTOUT!
Thrilledge Advances To Semifinals

Quarterback Blastings Thrilledge runs for a first down.

Who was worrying about the defense again? I'm not sure but they've proved themselves for sure with this with win. A dominant effort on the defensive side of the ball that limited the opposition to only 198 yards, led the Dreadlocks to a 19-0 win over Lymantatia. Lymantatia's poor offensive showing overshadowed a well played defensive game, limiting the Thrilledge offensive powerhouse to only 19 points. Lymantaia quieted star quarterback Blastings Thrilledge to only 247 passing yards and 83 rushing yards. Thrilledge did record a touchdown through the air on a 13-yard post route to Sergio Valentine early in the second quarter. Grant Ferguson added 65 yards on the ground and D.J. Carrington scored from 3 yards out in the third quarter. Thrilledge recorded a safety in the the first quarter on Lymantatia's second possession as they were backed up to their own 2-yard line by a beautiful punt by Simeon Herron. After stuffing a run on first down for no gain, on second down Lymantatia tried another run but Steven Thompson was able to penetrate and bring the ballcarrier down in the end zone. Thrilledge's other 3 points came on a 37- yard field goal by Braedon Pollack.

During a post-game interview, head coach Andrew Winston shared his thoughts... "Lymantatia challenged us quite a bit in this game but our defense stepped up when we needed it too. They've always had it in them and it showed tonight. I must admit i was worried coming into this game because of how they played at the beginning of the tournament, but they did it for us today."

Thrilledge's semifinal game will be against E-Lands who took down Penguinland by a score of 35-27. E-Lands looks quite vulnerable on defense and Blastings Thrilledge is looking to exploit some weaknesses. "I'll do what I can with what they give me. If I need to make plays with my feet, I will and if I needs to make plays with my arm, I will. I feel very confident going into the semis. I think we can win this whole thing." The other semifinal game is between Arcatea and Space as Miley World was shocked in overtime. We'll see you tomorrow for the semifinals.
Baptism of Iron X Champions
Campionato Esportiva II Champions
Third Place: Campionato Esportiva V
Fouth Place: World Bowl 20
Quarterfinals: World Bowl 19, WBC 24
Round of 16: WBC 21, WBC 23, World Cup of Hockey 18, World Bowl 18

Esportiva

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 pm

New York Times

Miley World lost against Arcatea

Miley World lost 22-16 in overtime and our tournament is over. The final game between Miley World and Thrilledge that everyone was waiting for won't happen.

We have interviewed Miley World's coach:

"well Idk what happened, we're better than them but we lost.Thanks to The Kytler Peninsulae for hosting the Bowl of Iron, they were a good host."
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Space
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Space » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Astronauts in the Semis

The Space Astronauts American Football Team will now face the Arcatea team once again after advancing to the semi finals with a 30-20 win over Braxil.

The Astronauts opened the tournament against Arcatea with a victory and so will be confident about their chances in the rematch. However, extended periods of time in 1g may yet cause problems for the players from Space, not familiar with such long stretches on mainland ans have been seen in this location-hosted event. Regardless of the result, the Astronauts will surely be looking forward to the return to a 0 g environment.

It was an incredible thing that space advanced from their group in fact, especially since they had the same record, as every other team in the group!!

In fact, all teams in the group ended with a 2-0-2 record and a .500 winning percentage. However, it was actually the point differential that sent Space through to the quarter final, because, it was actually the best of any team!. It was a great scenario for Space who have now made it to the Semi Final and are just one win, against a team they have already beaten once, from making it to the final match.

Incredible table! All .500!
GROUP 2
Pos Team GP W D L PF PA PD Pct
1 Space 4 2 0 2 86 62 24 .500
2 Arcatea 4 2 0 2 94 91 3 .500
----------------------------------------------
3 Krumbia 4 2 0 2 79 87 -8 .500
4 Jonesland 4 2 0 2 80 88 -8 .500
5 Toronina 4 2 0 2 95 106 -11 .500

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Semi-finals ready... the fans have taken their seats for this double-header... the wires to the RP machine have been temporarily cut off...

Semi-final results
Arcatea 26-66 Space
E-lands 13-32 Thrilledge

Tomorrow's games
3PPO: Arcatea v E-lands (Kytler Bay City)
FINAL: Space v Thrilledge (Zube)
Last edited by The Kytler Peninsulae on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:57 pm

Thrilledge Rides Offense To Finals

Blastings Thrilledge celebrates after throwing a touchdown to Kyle Jacobs

They're moving on the the finals! Thrilledge has advanced past E-Lands, 32-13 and will face Space in the finals of the Baptism of Iron X. Once again, Blastings Thrilledge shined for the Dreadlocks throwing for 292 yards and rushing for 113. He recorded two touchdowns through the air and one on the ground. Thrilledge fell behind by 10 early in the first quarter, but after a 43-yard field goal by Braedon Pollack and a 17-yard touchdown pass to Kyle Jacobs, with an added 2-point conversion pass to Ryan Rutledge, they were up 11-10 and never looked back. The defense, once again, proved to be a powerful force giving up only a field goal after the first quarter. Blastings Thrilledge also scored on a 38-yard rushing touchdown in the second quarter as he got great blocks and juked a E-Lands defender right out of his shoes and on a 29-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Rutledge in the third quarter.

We caught Rutledge after the game to talk about his success... "I felt like I had a good advantage out there. If I got matched up with a linebacker I could use speed to outrun him, but if I was matched up with a safety, I could use my size. But I've got to give props to Blastings. He put those throws in there perfectly." On Rutledge's success, Thrilledge had this to offer...

"Ryan is just such a reliable target; it's hard not to want to give him the ball. He's a big guy with great hands. What else could you ask for?" He also shared his own success... "I feel like the option worked well today and our line was able to beat the E-Lands line to their blocks, giving me great lanes. My guys ran nice clean routes and made my throws quite easy so they're just as much as the success."

The final of the Baptism of Iron X will be played between Thrilledge and Space in Zube at the Zube National Stadium. Space walked all over Arcatea winning by 40 and they look to be in top form for this final. After starting shaky, Space has really stepped it up and has become a force in the tournament. We asked head coach Andrew Winston to preview the finals. "Space is, without a doubt, a tough team. They put up over 60 points on a good Arcatea team that took out Miley World. If we play good defense and control the line of scrimmage on offense to create running lanes, we can win this." We'll see what Winston and Thrilledge have to offer Space as the Baptism of Iron X concludes tomorrow.

Esportiva

Space
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Space » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Space to Face Michigan in Baptism of Iron Final

The Astronauts of Space have done triumphantly! and as such have defeated Arcatea for the second time. In this, the score was a splattering! With 66 points over the 26 of Arcatea! It is an outstanding achievement for the Astronauts but the job is not done.

The Astronauts will now go to ZUBE! Where they will attempt to complete the tournament with a victory over the WOLVERINES.

Denard Robinson is #16 and he will be a real threat. In fact, a very REAL! Threat. But, its good news, only the threat is DENARD! so the others, actually no one knows them by name. So if the one player of the name DENARD! is the injured player, well of course it will be the great news but the Space does not wish the injury on any player so of course the GAME! well it must be a close one. IN fact, it is believed if space will clash with DENARD, the Robinson will be victorious.

However, if the real team of TRILLEDGE! shows up, without DENARD!, then it can be a close match, and Space, will have a chance at Victory, although, it is sure the are the underdog of the match.

Without a victory, the failure is great for the Academy of Space. However, they have still tried their best, and can hold their head high, in victory or defeat. Only they might want to stay near the surface of the planet, for some time after the match, if they will not have a trophy with them. Just in case.
Last edited by Space on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kytler Peninsulae
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Kytler Peninsulae » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:13 pm

Slightly earlier than before because the RPs are in and I'm itching to CUT OFF my late nights and sleepless early mornings...

Third-place playoff
Arcatea 10-24 E-lands

THE FINAL
Space 13-30 Thrilledge

Congratulations to Thrilledge, Baptism of Iron X CHAMPIONS!
Last edited by The Kytler Peninsulae on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out of international isolation and... winning things? Huh?

Host: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Baptism of Iron X, 7th World Championships of Babbage Rules Football, and Games of the IX Olympiad.

Won: World Lacrosse Championship 13, Elephant Chess Cup 7, and Memorial Cup. Also top of the medals table at the Games of the IX Olympiad (24 gold, 63 total medals).
World Lacrosse Championship 12 and World Bowl 47 quarter-finalists, World Bowl XV and World Baseball Classic 20 octo-finalists
28 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VI Olympiad (13th in medal table)
7 medals, 5 gold, at VII Olympic Winter Games (7th in medal table)
26 medals, 10 gold, at Games of the VIII Olympiad (9th in medal table)

THRILLEDGE
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby THRILLEDGE » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:01 pm

CHAMPS!

Thrilledge has defeated Space to win the Baptism of Iron X by a score of 30-13. Thrilledge was lead by Grant Ferguson as he ran for 163 yards and a touchdown making the clock run and not giving Space time to catch up. Quarterback Blastings Thrilledge ran for 74 yards and threw for 296 yards and a touchdown. Early in the third quarter Patrick Harris intercepted Space's Concrete LaDucka at his own 15-yard line and returned it for a touchdown. Braedon Pollack was 3 for 4 on field goals, scoring from 31 yards, 48 yards, 35 yards, and 32 yards. Pollack missed from 51 yards. The defense played strong and stopped a good Space offense.

After the game we got an interview with Andrew Winston. "I am just so proud of these guys. They worked their butts off and it's paid off. They really deserve this championship." Back in Thrilledge, cries of victory are heard throughout the streets. As Thrilledge prepares for the World Bowl, the people of Thrilledge have their backs.

In other news, quarterback Blastings Thrilledge denied reports of being Denard Robinson. Said Thrilledge, "I am not Denard Robinson." Thrilledge would like to thank the Kytler Peninsulae for hosting the Baptism of Iron X and doing a great job.

Esportiva

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports