NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 20: Roleplay and results thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 am

Lycrabon              101 101 001 - 5
Zwangzug 202 302 00X - 9

SPORTGIRLS -- Well, it was bound to happen eventually.

Now, it can’t happen for two more games.

Lycrabom finally lost, an in convincing fashion. The Zebras of Zwangzug defeated the Blue Jays 9-5 last night, forcing Lycrabon into two must-win games to reach the championship series.

“Our pitching sucked,” said brianna Bruce after the game. “You can NOT spot a good team like Zwangzug seven runs in the first four innings and expect to win. Not in the Classic semifinals, not in an exhibition game. We were due to throw a stinker out there.”

Bruce Barrett only made it through three innings, allowing four runs on seven hits. Zachary Francis was saddled with the loss, allowing five runs in his three innings on four hits, and Darrell Lane threw two perfect innings.

Jonathan Short got things started with a two-out solo shot in the top of the first to left. In the third, Cliff Mayo hit a double up the middle, scoring Gene Welch to tie the game at two. In the fourth, Jeremy Kramer hit a leadoff homer to cut the Zebra lead to 4-3. Three consecutive two-out hits in the sixth by Jeremy Kramer, Sean McCormick and Chad Price brought Lycrabon to 7-4 -- Price’s single scoring Kramer. Carl Maynard closed the scoring with a two-out homer in the ninth.

Leroy Harrison takes the mound tonight to try to force a game three for the Blue Jays. Should he fail, Clifford Nash would pitch game one of a projected third-place series.

3B Mayo		1-4	2B, RBI
LF Tyson 1-4
RF Short 1-4 HR, RBI
CF Kramer 2-4 HR, RBI
SS McCormick 1-4 2B
2B Price 1-4 RBI
1B Maynard 1-4 HR, RBI
C Welch 1-4 2B
P Barrett 0-1
P Francis 0-1
P Lane 0-1

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Barrett 3 4 4 4 1
Francis, L 3 5 5 5 0
Lane 2 0 0 1 3
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Western Cuba wins Game 1, One Away

Fredek Fenyak throws the Game's First Pitch

Western Cuba is now one game away from an appearance in the finals after a victory against #2 seed Sakurakoku 9-4. The offense once again proved to be the vital part of today's game once more in this Classic. Scoring an outstanding nine runs during the game. Alfonso Chincilla and Brody Ukhtomskii lead Western Cuba in offense throughout the game. With Alfonso recording three hits, and recording one home run. Brody recorded four hits throughout the game, and 3 RBI's. However though the whole team played outstanding during the game. The only time the game slipped from Western Cuba was during a three run 5th inning by Sakurakoku, this however though might of been because of the blisters suffered by Fredek Fenyak in the 4th inning. He was removed from the game and his situation is currently unclear, however though Fenyak addressed the media after the game.

" Yesterday I developed some blisters while pitching in the 4th inning, they affected my play in the next inning and was a cause to my removal from the game. Currently my situation is unknown however though if we make the finals I should be able to pitch. However though I wouldn't guarantee it would be a Game 1 start. "

Expect for that part of the game, everything else went well for Western Cuba, including the satisfaction of being one game away from a Final berth in the World Baseball Classic. Bench Coach, Bruno Broz had this to say after the game. " I'm so proud of my team right now, however though we can't take advantage of our situation right now. We got to play like we do everyday, in fact we got to play harder. We got to play 110%. "

Western Cuba faces off against Sakurakoku in Game 2 of the Semi-Finals at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium. Tickets are sold out, so if you planned on going the game sadly your out of luck. However though show your support. Stadiums all across Western Cuba will be broadcasting the game on their jumbotron's and scoreboards. Including Ernesto Guevara Stadium, in downtown Havana. Entrance to the stadiums will be free, and concession stands will be open. However though you are permitted to bring your own food and beverages in.

Final Notes: Zwangzug upset Lycrabon today winning by a score of 9-5 dealing Lycrabon there first loss in this classic. Game 2 is also tomorrow at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:12 pm

"Well, today's stat of the day will be something nice and easy. Runs!"

"...Runs? You grow more inane by the day."

"Aw, that's so sweet, you're paying attention to everything I say and keeping track of it. That's very nice of you."

"What is wrong with--never mind."

"I mean runs scored, by the way. Not runs allowed."

"Yes, that's generally how most people--"

"But I mean think of the kinds of stats that involve runs, just derived? Runs batted in. Earned run average, given up."

"Those are also the stats you blast for not being very predictive."

"Well...yes. But."

"But. Um. Maybe we should summarize how the Zebras got their runs today?"

"Go for it!"

"Er...yeah. So a double from Justine Sherman scored Juriand and Bixler in the first, Sherman singled to score Hamweigh in the third and then Stove-Happs drove Bixler in. Hamweigh singled Fitery-Wiss in in the fourth, and Stove-Happs would hit a two-run double. And Sherman would add a two-run homer in the sixth."

"Strong offensive performance from the Zebras, though the Blue Jays were picking away throughout. So, about runs, did you know that runs scored for a team is one of the best predictors of pennant-winning?"

"Wouldn't number of wins be the best predictor of pennant-winning?"

"Well, up to some indeterminacy."

"Why do you want indeterminacy? You should want to know things."

"Well, otherwise it's not really a prediction, is it? It's just who won the pennant."

"It's not a prediction if you have to wait till the end of the season for it anyway. Moving on, some interviews after the game. Brianna Bruce, Lycrabon's pitching coach, mentioned "You can NOT spot a good team like Zwangzug seven runs in the first four innings and expect to win. Not in the Classic semifinals, not in an exhibition game.""

"Actually the Falcons did just that in World Baseball Classic 15."

"..."

"Heck, they only needed three innings!"
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:05 am

World Baseball Classic 20
Semifinals: Game Two

Zwangzug              000 011 110 - 4
Lycrabon 001 000 103 - 5

Series tied 1-1.

Western Cuba 203 311 040 - 14
Sakurakoku 020 101 008 - 12

Western Cuba win series 2-0 and advance to the best-of-five final.

Semifinals Schedule

Saturday, November 5
At Queen Ingebjørg Stadium
Zwangzug v Lycrabon

Teams listed in the order they bat.
Last edited by Sportgirls on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:55 pm

Zwangzug	000	011	110 - 4
Lycrabon 001 000 103 - 5

SPORTGIRLS -- it wasn’t pretty, but it was effective.

Leroy Harrison pitched the Lycrabon Blue Jays into game three of their semifinal series with a complete game 5-4 victory. The Zebras uncharacteristically blew a ninth-inning save opportunity, and Lycrabon has the chance to be in their first-ever championship series. Clifford Nash will pitch tonight in the decisive game three.

Zwangzug put up single runs in the fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth innings. Gene Welch put the Jays on the board with a leadoff homerun in the third to take a 1-0 edge. Leroy Harrison helped his own cause and pulled Lycrabon to within 3-2 in the bottom of the seventh with a double that scored Chad Price. Surprisingly, Brianna Bruce did not pull Harrison after a run allowed in the eighth to make it 4-2 Zebras. Ciff Mayo hit the shot in the ninth to set up a do-or-die game three -- a three run homer with two out..

3B Mayo		1-5	HR, 3 RBI
LF Tyson 1-4
RF Short 1-4
CF Kramer 2-4 2B
SS McCormick 0-4
2B Price 3-4 2B
1B Maynard 0-4 K
C Welch 2-3 HR, RBI
P Harrison 1-4 2B, K, RBI

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Harrison, W 9 4 4 8 7
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:18 pm

(OOC: Oh, you overestimate our character. :p )

"And stepping up to the plate comes...Leroy Harrison?"

"What? Why would you let him hit?"

"They'll need him for the top of the tenth, I guess."

"Still. Guy's a middle reliever!"

"Okay, back in the day, people could go four. And our relievers are starters, I don't think you really get to talk."

"Whatever."

"And it looks like even in relief he pitches longer than the starters sometimes. Anyway. Taken for a strike."

"Timber entered at the top of the half-inning, by the way. Trying to nail this one down and send the Zebras to the final, but the Blue Jays still alive."

"This'll be swung on and missed, oh and two."

"He's walked eight today. Struck out seven. Still can't believe he's still in it."

"Your powers of belief are so erratic that I have trouble--actually. Fouled away. Their pitching coach is from Newmanistan, keep in mind."

"I'm not even going to...okay. Two on, Welch and Price. One away."

"The sign from Horiant. The pitch. Swung on and missed! Zebras are an out away."

"And here comes Cliff Mayo. Oh-for-four so far."

"Timber will shake off the sign. The next one--smashed down the line, foul."

"The sellout crowd of...well...The sellout crowd on their feat. Blue Jays staying alive here."

"This one'll be taken for a ball. Way outside."

"Got their first run in the third, actually took the lead, though the Zebras struck back fairly quickly."

"And this one is hit. Has trouble written all over it. Stove-Happs racing back...he'll have no chance. It's gone, and the Blue Jays have tied this series up."

"Argh. Zebras bullpen breaks down again. Quite enough ninth-inning dramatics for one day..."
Factbook
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:17 am

Semifinals: Game Three

Zwangzug              110 000 003 - 5
Lycrabon 002 221 00X - 7

Lycrabon win series 2-1 and advance to face Western Cuba in the best-of-five final.

Finals Schedule

The third-place game, Sakurakoku v Zwangzug, precedes the opening game of the Finals in a double-header on Monday, November 7.

Monday, November 7: Western Cuba v Lycrabon
Tuesday, November 8: Lycrabon v Western Cuba
Wednesday, November 9: Western Cuba v Lycrabon
Thursday, November 10: Lycrabon v Western Cuba (if necessary)
Friday, November 11: Western Cuba v Lycrabon (if necessary)

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:12 pm

Zwangzug	110	000	003 - 5
Lycrabon 002 221 00X - 7

SPORTGIRLS -- “The Cinderella ride will continue!”

Those were the words of the LSPN announce team as Jeremy Kramer squeezed the final out of Lycrabon’s 7-5 victory over Zwangzug. Clifford Nash pitched masterfully through eight innings, but was pulled in the ninth after walking the bases loaded to put the winning run at the plate. Darrell Lane then coaxed a sacrifice fly, giving up the fifth run for the Zebras. The next batter flailed at a sinker for out number two, followed by the fly out to Kramer. Jonathan Short and Jeremy Kramer plated the Blue Jays’ first runs with consecutive homers. Carl Mayard hit a RBI double following Chad Price’s triple to give Lycrabon a 3-2 lead. Cliff Mayo followed with a triple, scoring Nash to make it 4-2. McCormick and Price hit solo shots in the fifth making it 6-2, and Mayo hit a solo shot to make it 7-2. Then the fun came.

Both Frank Thompson and Brianna Bruce praised the Zebras and their championship opponent, Western cuba. “They just didn’t quit,” commented Bruce. From Thompson on Western cuba: “It should be a great series. Both of us have a dangerous line up.”

3B Mayo	        4-5	HR, 3B, 2B, 2 RBI
LF Tyson 0-5 K
RF Short 1-4 HR., RBI
CF Kramer 1-4 HR, RBI
SS McCormick 2-5 HR, RBI
2B Price 2-4 HR, 3B, RBI
1B Maynard 2-4 2B, RBI
C Welch 1-4 2B
P Nash 1-3 BB

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Nash 8 4 4 3 7
Lane 1 1 1 0 1
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 pm

This is It

Rodger Sekera throws the final pitch of the game, striking out a Sakurakoku batter.

After several weeks of play it comes down to this. The Championship. Western Cuba defeated Sakurakoku in a close one 14-12 advancing to the World Baseball Classic finals. Well sort of, the game was rather lopsided towards Western Cuba until the 9th inning. In which Rodger Sekera one of the top closers in the World allowed 8 runs to the Sakurakoku offense. He would eventually retire Sakurakoku with two pop fly's and a strike out however his 9th inning performance left much debut on if he was to be trusted in the Championship.

" Rodger played well throughout every day except for this one so far. The game is over and done with and we won so I believe there should be no concern for the Finals and for Rodger. Knowing him he will bounce back and play well throughout the Championship", said Jose Peterson former manager and one of the current bench coaches of the National Team.

However though once again the offense excelled throughout the game, putting up an astonishing fourteen runs, six runs more than Game 1. Sasha Rogojkin played outstanding in Game 2, hitting three home runs. The even more shocking part is that Sasha has never hit a home run in international play since joining the National Team. " I had a sense of pride in myself for my country tonight, hitting each home run felt incredible. Know I can't wait to play Lycrabon in the finals. ", said Sasha after the game.

Speaking of the championship and Lycrabon, Lycrabon defeated Zwangzug 7-5 in a very game also and just like Sakurakoku, Zwangzug also came close to a 9th inning rally, putting up three runs in the 9th before being shut down by the Lycrabon defense.

However though the challenge is far from over, Lycrabon is the overall #1 seed in the tournament and has only lost one game in this Classic. " Right now Lycrabon is recognized as the best team in this classic, and that's understandable. Their one helluva team, and I admit I'm a little nervous. They want this title just as much as us. I expect a very good hard fought championship between us and them. Fans of baseball this is a must watch. ", says Ivan Kaspar manager of the Western Cuba national team during a postgame press conference.

Game 1 of the Championship is tomorrow at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium, and no surprise it's sold out. (Thanks to the stadium holding a tiny 6,000 spectators) However though remember you can still show your national support even if you aren't there.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:16 pm

"Ball outside. Nash's pitch count has got to be getting up there."

"I'll check, but the Zebras have been pretty quiet since the third."

"Swung on and missed to even the count."

"Again, more ninth inning drama at the Queen Ingebjørg Stadium. Fans certainly getting their pounds' worth these last few games."

"The other semifinal could have gone three. And are you calling the fans fat?"

"It's the local currency."

"...Riiight. Wait, this one will be past Price--"

"Speaking of--"

"And into the outfield! Short in right?"

"Really?"

"Not the time. Trying to race for it, Sherman rounds third, they'll send her! The throw to the plate, not in time! Zebras make it seven-four, still nobody out!"

"I think this could be it. We're on pace for something big?"

"On pace? Prorated over what?"

"I was gonna say the...half-inning..."

"...another ball. Okay, now I'm going to look up the pitch count because you can't stay on task."

"You do that. I must say, Western cuba's bullpen wobbles certainly have set a theme for this series. And their jerseys are quite evocative, can't quite place why though."

"Evocative? It just says cub...that's an a."

"Oh. Awesome!"

"Yes. And this will be...taken outside! Reyemel reaches to load the bags. And now Bruce is coming to the mound."

"Looks like the Zebras will knock Nash out. When we start up again, Kevin Fitery-Wiss will come to the plate representing the winning run..."

"...Checked swing. Did he go? No swing! The count two and one now."

"No outs yet for the Zebras. Trying to clinch a finals berth in the top of the ninth."

"Well, they can't clinch it in the top of the ninth."

"Okay. Trying to take the lead in the top of the ninth."

"You think Brune won't play for the tie? Ball two."

"At this point, does she have much choice? They're still down by three."

"Well, I mean, it'll depend on Lycrabon, whether they're willing to trade outs for runs."

"Plural? I mean, probably not all. But maybe one or two. And that's a stupid metaphor, you don't actually, like, trade them."

"Well, I mean, there's sacrifice bunts and--hit in the air deep to right! Short grabs it, Stove-Happs will tag and score, seven-five Zebras..."
Factbook
My issues

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 am

Third Place Game

Zwangzug              301 110 005 - 11
Sakurakoku 011 000 000 - 2

Zwangzug capture third place; Sakurakoku place fourth.

Finals: Game One

Western Cuba          000 120 000 - 3
Lycrabon 100 000 012 - 4

Lycrabon lead series 1-0 (best-of-five).

Finals Schedule

Monday, November 7: Lycrabon 4, Western Cuba 3.
Tuesday, November 8: Lycrabon v Western Cuba
Thursday, November 10: Lycrabon v Western Cuba (if necessary)

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Bullpen Collapse

Phillip Castro, Western Cuba's batting coach sigh's after a close lose to Lycrabon.

Western Cuba was so close to their first victory in the Championship series, however though a strong Lycrabon rally and a bullpen collapse by Rodger Sekera (Once again) turned Game 1 into a Lycrabon victory and a Cuban defeat. Lycrabon took a early lead in the First Inning, when Lycrabon's lead off hitter hit a home run of pitcher Fredek Fenyak. Fenyak however remained strong pitching till the 7th inning, allowing no runs and seldom any hits.

Western Cuba would then tie back the game in the Fourth. With First Baseman, Andon Balk hitting a solo shot towards center field. In the next inning Roberto Ramos would hit a triple driving in two runs to bring up a Western Cuba lead.

Everything then went well for Western Cuba until the 8th inning. Drew Munoz would load the bases off his first three batters, setting off chaos for the Western Cuba defense. Thankfully only one of these base runners would score in the inning, however though Western Cuba lost all the magic it had in the game after that. Knowing Drew Munoz was not an option for the 9th inning, Pitching Coach Alberto Walling placed Rodger Sekera into the game. Then true disaster struck. Lycrabon's first two batters in the inning nailed solo shots of Sekera turning the game into a Lycrabon victory.

" I don't know what to say. ", comments Rodger Sekera after the lose. Sekera would then refuse to address the press after saying those words. Currently Sekera's situation for Game 2 of the Championship is unknown, but Ivan Kaspar is expected to play Sekera if needed. Even though half of Western Cuba is calling for his head.

Game 2 is tomorrow once again at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium. The game is a sell-out along with the rest of the series, but make sure to watch the game.

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:36 pm

Western Cuba	000	120	000 - 3
Lycrabon 100 000 012 - 4

SPORTGIRLS -- The Blue jays are quickly picking up the nickname “Cardiac Kids”.

Depending on how one looks at it, either the lycrabon Blue Jays pulled another comeback win, or Western cuba just collapsed in the ninth. Starting pitcher fredek Fenyak dominated the blue jay hitters, allowing only a leadoff home run by Cliff Mayo and six hits in total. Glenn Carrillo was equal to the task, allowing ten hits and three runs in seven innings himself. Andon Balk tied the game with a towering shot to center, followed by a two-run triple by Roberto Ramos to stake the Cubans to a 3-1 advantage. Drew Munoz came in for the eighth, and ended up giving the Blue Jay faithful hope, walking the bases loaded after a double and single. Unfortunately for Lycrabon, only one would score, courtesy of a Sean McCormick sacrifice fly. Alberto Walling then inserted Rodger Sekera to close it out -- a move that backfired as Carl Maynard and Gene Welch both blasted shots into the seats to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

" I don't know what to say. ", comments Rodger Sekera after the loss, and would refuse to comment further after saying those words. His situation for Game 2 of the Championship is unknown, but Ivan Kaspar is expected to play Sekera if needed.

Tom Benson will pitch game two, and Bruce Barrett could be pitching for the title in game three.

3B Mayo		3-4	HR, 2B, RBI
LF Tyson 3-4 2B
RF Short 0-3 BB, K
CF Kramer 0-4 K
SS McCormick 1-4 RBI
2B Price 0-4 2 K
1B Maynard 2-4 HR, RBI
C Welch 1-4 HR, RBI
P Carrillo 0-3

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Carrillo, W 9 3 3 8 12
Last edited by Lycrabon on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:27 pm

"And it's back to the top of our scorecard we go!"

"Well, I mean, so what. Mixing it up, today Hamweigh happened to lead off, but--"

"But they're still batting around!"

"Oh. Okay. Um...yes. Hamweigh takes a ball from the international rookie, Yuriko Saito."

"Can't imagine this would be how the Silver Wolves wanted to break in their new players. Though of course they could still come back in the bottom half."

"I don't think there's any risk of confusing these guys with Yafor 2, Vephrall, or the Mustangs' triple-A affiliates, to say nothing of the Gray Sox' double-A affiliates or the Werwolfs."

"I don't know. Could the Mustangs' triple-A affiliates have gotten out of this inning?"

"Ha! Hamweigh strokes this one past Furukawa, Henth will jog in, it's eleven to two..."

"...the Zebras', uh...fifth third-place finish."

"Hey, this time we didn't have to drop game one before rallying back."

"Yeah, there's something to be said for that."

"So? Whaddaya think?"

"I think we should skip your stat of the day and just see if we can sneak a live view of game one. Who knows, maybe there'll be more bullpen failure."

"That...sounds good. But I meant, about broadcasting."

"I...it's my job. I enjoy it."

"Okay. So. Do you think we could maybe try making it through next Classic?"

"Hmm. Do you want the honest truth?"

"That's sort of why I asked the question."

"Okay. Well, I honestly think you're an inconsistent, juvenile annoyance, and I am barely able to stand your stat of the day."

"...Oh. Okay."

"However, you are on occasion clever, and as I quite enjoy the whole concept of "gainful employment," yes, I think I'd consider coming back if hired."

"You...you would?"

"Yes. With or without you."

"All riiiiiiight! Let's immerse this curse!"

"...and if you use the i-word again I will reconsider!"

"Dispeeeeeeerse iiiiiiit!"

"I think that's the most excitement you've shown all Classic."

"You should be proud that we have such an undramatic team, drama isn't very becoming."
Factbook
My issues

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:10 am

Finals: Game Two

Lycrabon              000 110 000 - 2
Western Cuba 203 010 200 - 8

Series tied 1-1 (best-of-five).

Finals Schedule

Tuesday, November 8: Western Cuba 8, Lycrabon 2.
Thursday, November 10: Lycrabon v Western Cuba

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:28 am

Lycrabon	000	110	000 - 2
Western Cuba 203 010 20X - 8

SPORTGIRLS -- Ouch.

In only Lycrabon’s second loss of this Classic, the western cuba nine stomped the Blue Jays 8-2 last night. Tom Benson continued his struggles, only lasting three innings and giving up five runs. Mitchell Johnston entered in the fourth and went four innings himself, only allowing three, while Leroy Harrison pitched a perfect eighth. Jeremy Kramer provided Lycrabon’s first run with a solo shot to lead off the fourth, making it 5-1 Cubans. A gene Welch triple and Mitchell Johnston sacrifice fly brought in Lycrabon’s only other run in the fifth. Lycrabon had loaded the bases in the ninth, but Harrison struck out to end the game.

As previously mentioned, Bruce Barrett will pitch game three tonight. Clifford Nash will pitch game four, and Glenn Carrillo will pitch an if-necessary game five.

3B Mayo   	0-4
LF Tyson 1-4 2B
RF Short 1-4
CF Kramer 2-4 HR, RBI
SS McCormick 1-4
2B Price 0-4
1B Maynard 1-4 2B
C Welch 2-4 3B
P Benson 0-1
P Johnston 0-2 RBI
P Harrison 0-1 K

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Benson, L 3 5 5 7 2
Johnston 4 3 3 4 7
Harrison 1 0 0 0 1
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Redeemed for Now

Erik Bures connects for a home run in the Third Inning against Lycrabon.

Lycrabon	000	110	000 - 2
Western Cuba 203 010 20X - 8

Sportsgirls-- Western Cuba has redeemed themselves for now. Western Cuba stomped Lycrabon tonight winning 8-2. Igor Alampiev played well throughout yesterday's game pitching for 8 innings allowing two runs. Those runs were scored by Jeremy Kramer who homered to lead off the Fourth, a triple by Gene Welch and a sacrifice fly by Mitchell Johnston brought in Lycrabon's other only run. Rodger Sekera struggled at first today, loading the bases in the Ninth. However though Rodger redeemed himself striking out the three final Lycrabon batters to end the game.

" I was worried at first, however though I calmed done and played the way the game was meant to be played. ", comments Rodger Sekera after the game. In fact Rodger's clutch performance at the end has possibly saved his spot for the next World Baseball Classic, as Sekera's recent performances have brought debut on if he deserved to be on the national team. His last minute clutch performance however though shows that he still has it.

What truly won the game though was Western Cuba's offense. The boys got off to a quick start in the game scoring two runs in the first inning, with Sasha Rogojkin hitting a triple scoring Roberto Ramos and Erik Bures. In the Third Inning Erik Bures homered driving in two runs, and Andon Balk doubled bringing in a run. Runs were also scored in the 5th and 7th inning by Western Cuba.

" I'm proud of the boys after how they played yesterday. Especially Rodger he stepped up right at the end when it mattered most. He should be proud of himself, however though we got to stay focused and win two more games. ", commented Ivan Kaspar after the game.

Game 3 is tonight once again at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium, Lycrabon is starting Bruce Barrett, and Ivan Kaspar plans on starting Robert Beshirov make sure you watch the game.

Scoring Summary:

1st Inning: Sasha Rogojkin triple brings in two runs 2-0 Western Cuba
3rd Inning: Erik Bures and Andon Balk homer bringing in three runs 5-0 Western Cuba
4th Inning: Solo shot by Jeremy Kramer 5-1 Lycrabon
5th Inning: Sacrifice fly by Mitchell Johnston brings in a run 5-2 Lycrabon
5th Inning: Roberto Ramos double brings in a run 6-2 Western Cuba
7th Inning: Brody Ukhtomskii double brings in two runs 8-2 Western Cuba

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:11 am

Finals: Game Three

Western Cuba          003 000 000 - 3
Lycrabon 401 110 01X - 8

Lycrabon lead series 2-1 (best-of-five).

Finals Schedule

Wednesday, November 9: Lycrabon 8, Western Cuba 3.
Thursday, November 10: Lycrabon v Western Cuba

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 am

Western Cuba	003	000	000 - 3
Lycrabon 401 110 01X - 8

SPORTGIRLS -- One win away.

Lycrabon bounced back from yesterday’s loss to trounce Western cuba 8-3 and gave the Blue Jays two chances to win the title. The first six batters in the opening frame reached base to stake Lycrabon to a 4-0 lead, highlighted by a two-run blast by Jonathan Short. Bruce Barrett’s only rough patch came in he top of the third, allowing three Cubans to score; he was dominant besides. Carl Maynard hit a solo shot in the bottom of the third to give the Blue Jays a 5-3 lead. Barrett helped his own cause with a leadoff blast in the fourth to make it 6-3, followed by a Chad Price homer in the fifth for a 7-3 Blue Jays lead. Lycrabon set the final score with a double and triple in the eighth by JC Tyson and Jonathan Short respectively. Clifford Nash will attempt to nail down Lycrabon’s first trophy ever tonight.

3B Mayo		2-5	3B
LF Tyson 2-5 3B, 2B, RBI
RF Short 4-5 HR, 3B, 2B, 3 RBI
CF Kramer 1-5
SS McCormick 2-5 2B
2B Price 3-5 HR, 2 RBI
1B Maynard 1-4 HR, RBI
C Welch 1-4
P Barrett 1-4 HR, RBI

PITCHERS	IP	R	ER	BB	K
Barrett, W 9 3 3 4 13
As Lycrabon:
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:

Western cuba
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm

First Inning hurts Western Cuba, Lose Game 3

Erik Bures sighs after Lycrabon Wins Game 2, Game 3 may be Western Cuba's last in WBC 20

Western Cuba	003	000	000 - 3
Lycrabon 401 110 01X - 8

Sportsgirls-- One lose away.

Western Cuba struggled at the start of the game yesterday in the First Inning. With Robert Beshirov giving up Four runs in the First inning. One of them being a two-run homer by Johathan Short. Robert Beshirov would remain in the game till the Fourth inning, allowing 2 more runs paving the way for a Lycrabon victory.

Western Cuba played a fantastic third inning with Alfonso Chincilla driving in a run of a single, and Vladimir Poderni homering scoring him and Chincilla. Nothing else went to Western Cuba's way throughout the game though and the entire team struggled. Hitting wise, and defensively.

" Today was pretty rough, emotionally, mentally, and physically were one game away from getting knocked out and that's hard to think. However though we got to remember were also two games away from winning this, always think positive. ", comments Brody Ukhtomskii after the game.

" I have to agree with Brody. ", comments Bruno Broz one of two bench coaches of Western Cuba's national team. " We got to focus on winning these last two games, instead of mourning over our Game 3 loss.

Game 4 is tomorrow at Queen Ingebjørg Stadium, Clifford Nash attempts to win Lycrabon's first trophy and Fredek Fenyak of Western Cuba attempts to stop it. Good luck boys.

Scoring Summary:

1st Inning: Two-run blast by Jonathan Short aids in Lycrabon's four run inning Lycrabon 4-0
Top 3rd: Alfonso Chincilla drives in a RBI single, and Vladimir Poderni hits a two-run blast Lycrabon 4-3
Bottom 3rd: Carl Maynard hits a solo shot Lycrabon 5-3
4th Inning: Leadoff Home Run by Bruce Barrett Lycrabon 6-3
5th Inning: Chad Price homers Lycrabon 7-3
8th Inning: A double and triple by JC Tyson and Jonathan Short create a run Lycrabon 8-3

Final Score:

Lycrabon 8 Western Cuba 3

Sportgirls
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sportgirls » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 am

Finals: Game Four

Lycrabon              002 010 000 - 3
Western Cuba 000 010 010 - 2

Lycrabon win series 3 games to 1.

Congratulations to the WBC 20 champions, Lycrabon!

Finals
At Queen Ingebjørg Stadium, Sportgirls City

Wednesday, November 9: Lycrabon 8, Western Cuba 3.
Thursday, November 10: Lycrabon 3, Western Cuba 2.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports