NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread II: The Deuce

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Whittoria
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
New York Times Democracy

NSSCRA Discussion Thread II: The Deuce

Postby Whittoria » Wed May 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Simply put; a thread for those interested in participating in the Nation States Stock Car Racing Association's third season. More information will be posted as it comes up. Feel free to ask either myself of Newmanistan any questions you may have.

Here's what I would suppose you could call a "bid", but basically here's how I'm going to run things:

For a scorinator I will be using NASCAR Racing 2003 by Papyrus. For driver stats there are eight different categories:

Driver Aggression
Consistency
Finishing Ability
Qualifying Ability
Road Course
Short Track (<1 mile)
Speedway (>1 mile)
Superspeedway (2 miles or more)

Pretty simple, the higher the number the better the driver is in that category, from zero to 100, and all the categories add up to 800. But here's the catch: you only have 600 points to use, so distribute them wisely.

Here's a sample of driver point distribution:

DRIVER: Alex Whitt
Aggression - 80
Consistency - 80
Finishing - 85
Qualifying - 60
Road Course - 70
Short Track 65
Speedway - 83
Superspeedway - 72

And they should all add up to 600.

The second stat is the actual car your driver drives. There are four categories:

Aerodynamics
Chassis
Engine
Reliability

Zero to 100 points in each category, for a total of 400 points. But again, there's a limit. You only have 350 points to distribute.

Finally, there's your pit crew, which consists of three categories:

Consistency
Speed
Strategy

300 points total. Again there's a limit: you have 200 points to distribute.

That's a lot, I know. Bear with me.

TRACKS:

The track selection will be somewhat limited, as I'll need an actual track to run the races on. There are websites you can find tracks that you can claim as in your nation, which I will link to later. You can go and pick a track, tell me what track it is and where (link it to me) and I'll download it.

Bear in mind the track you pick may not be a track with strong AI; for example, the AI may not decide to break for pit road or do some other stupid stunt like morph into another car and explode (yes, that's happened). But fear not, most will work. I'll post a list later of what tracks I already have.

and finally,

CARS:

Since this is a race simulator, you can actually paint your car. There are templates available online that you can paint your design on and then email to me so I can put it on your car. I will only impose a few regulations on painting the car:

1.) Numbers must be on the roof facing the driver's side and on the doors of the car

2.) there must be contingency sponsors on all the cars. These will be applied by myself and will be just in front of and behind the front wheel (don't worry, they won't take up a ton of space).

You don't have to host a race if you want, but if you do just remember to read what I have written above. And hands off Darlington, I got dibs.

ALSO! Before I forget:

You may enter up to four drivers, but please keep in mind that if there are a lot of participants that sign up only 2 or 3 of them may actually be accepted, so list your drivers in order from #1-#4 in priority. Car numbers will be assigned first come, first serve when the signup thread is up.

That's basically how I'll be running things. After enough people show interest I'll post the signup thread. So, yeah, hooah.
Last edited by Whittoria on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
I did the football and racing thing. I also was good at writing dumb stuff.

WAC is still going. You should join.

Southwest 2Fort
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southwest 2Fort » Wed May 11, 2011 3:52 pm

I own a copy of NR2003 myself, If you want any help I can offer some.

(Mostly with Painting cars for the game)
Last edited by Southwest 2Fort on Wed May 11, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chetkosk
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetkosk » Wed May 11, 2011 3:54 pm

I'd send a team (or teams if we're allowed more than one), in fact I've recently been getting my domestic series all sorted and ready to roll.
The Federal Republic of Chetkosk | Capital - Berlinengrad | Population - 96,645,500 | Head of Government - Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich | Trigramme - CHK | Demonym - Chetkoski | ccTLD - .chk | National Wiki
Baptism of Fire 43 - Quarter finalists
WC56, 57, 58 - Qualified
WC59 - Ro16
RLWC8 - 2nd Place
R7WC1 - 4th Place

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 pm

I'll send a team as well.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Camwood
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Camwood » Wed May 11, 2011 6:13 pm

I'll send a driver
The Republic of Camwood
Demonym: Camian | Trigramme: CMW | Population: 80 Million
Air Camwood
cbcsport.cmw
Champions of:
Keisler Cup - U13 Baseball Tournament
Fourth
WLC 12
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -Wayne Gretzky

Hodori Motorsports
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hodori Motorsports » Wed May 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Hodori will most likely return for NSSCRA 3.

Question: Will drivers returning from NSSCRA 2 get any bonus points, or will they be constrained to the same limits as new teams and drivers?
Grand Touring Association of Hodori (Hodori GT-A)
Hodori Motorsports is Hodori's automotive racing sanctioning body and the motorsports puppet of Hodori. The nation proper is Hodori.
GTTV.co.hd - Domestic Sportswire
Participation:
| NSSCRA2 (Hodori) -- NSSCRA5 |
| WGPC13 -- WGPC18 |
| NSCS1 -- NSCS4 |

Hosting:
| NSFC1 | NSFC2 |
WGPC13 WDC runner up: Asao Nadakei
NSSCRA2 runner up; NSSCRA3, NSSCRA4 Champion; Milliken Invitational Winner: Lien Murakami

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Hodori Motorsports wrote:Hodori will most likely return for NSSCRA 3.

Question: Will drivers returning from NSSCRA 2 get any bonus points, or will they be constrained to the same limits as new teams and drivers?

Good question; I like the idea of rewarding teams who stick around for multiple seasons, but I think I'll let Newmanistan make that call.

That reminds me, I need to figure out a way to reward RP....

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Wed May 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Whittoria wrote:

Good question; I like the idea of rewarding teams who stick around for multiple seasons, but I think I'll let Newmanistan make that call.

When you think about it working out a good RP bonus is quite hard.
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu May 12, 2011 6:46 am

Whittoria wrote:

Certainly. There should be a boost for nations that return, and then an additional boost for drivers that return from those nations. And probably an additional boost if Babbage Islands returns and brings back Chip Woods. I will be signing up, will formally do so later.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu May 12, 2011 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Thu May 12, 2011 9:42 am

TBI's Woods Motorsport team will return, although I expect that Chip has advanced far enough along the timeline that he might not return personally. But the potential of a team with Chip, Kirsten Hopkins Woods, and Cathy Trillium is scary.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 12, 2011 9:50 am

The Babbage Islands wrote:TBI's Woods Motorsport team will return, although I expect that Chip has advanced far enough along the timeline that he might not return personally. But the potential of a team with Chip, Kirsten Hopkins Woods, and Cathy Trillium is scary.

Have Chip be something like an owner or investor in the TBI Woods Motorsport team. Or make him do what M.Schumacher did and become an advisor to Ferrari, have him continue to test cars and try to replace an injured team mate. That's my opinion.

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 10:13 am

Here are some links to tracks you can claim as yours. I would suggest you start with NR2k3 Tracks, as it has tons of links. Some of these sites you will have to register for, but they're all free and signing up is easy. Sign up thread will be up by the end of the day.

NR2k3 Tracks

Piggz Racing

NNRacing

The Pits (Great Site)

DEI Racing

Simracingdesign <--Site to find templates for cars so you can paint them, although you'll need Photoshop, GIMP, Pantshop Pro, etc., and then you an send them to me.

If none of these have a track that tickles your fancy then just do a search for "NR2003 tracks" and Google will do the rest.
Last edited by Whittoria on Thu May 12, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Southwest 2Fort
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southwest 2Fort » Thu May 12, 2011 10:48 am

Or Better yet, let me paint your cars for you ;)

Also http://www.ernhrtfanracing.com/templates.html has completely fictional templates

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 am

I don't want to enter any drivers; instead I want to create a team that will recruit drivers into the team. So I'll just be going for the constructor championship.

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 11:24 am

Wolfmanne wrote:I don't want to enter any drivers; instead I want to create a team that will recruit drivers into the team. So I'll just be going for the constructor championship.

We should have a transfers thread for this kind of thing, so teams and drivers and agents can strike deals for who will race for who in what series.

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 12, 2011 12:47 pm

Done my stock car; there is no roof template sadly, just front and back. Will upload front and back later.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n55 ... holden.jpg

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 1:05 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:Done my stock car; there is no roof template sadly, just front and back. Will upload front and back later.

It's got to be something that will go on the in-game model, which is a 2003-2006 style Winston Cup car, and here it seems you have a touring car (from what I've though, touring cars are Europe's equivalent of NASCAR; correct me if I'm wrong). Try one of these:
http://www.ernhrtfanracing.com/templates.html

or these:

http://babylone57.free.fr/templates_cup.html

You'll need GIMP or a similar program to edit the layers, but GIMP is free. Or I can do it for you, and Southwest 2Fort has offered his services to paint cars for people.
Last edited by Whittoria on Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:I don't want to enter any drivers; instead I want to create a team that will recruit drivers into the team. So I'll just be going for the constructor championship.

The idea of NSSCRA is that your drivers race for your nation.

Whittoria wrote:

We should have a transfers thread for this kind of thing, so teams and drivers and agents can strike deals for who will race for who in what series.

NSSCRA is the "World Cup' of auto racing. The teams are that of the nations. If nations which to have their drivers interact and possibly go to the other nation, then they can discuss that while they RP the series.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Thu May 12, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Chetkosk
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetkosk » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm not particularly keen to download anything new just to paint a car - especially because a mixture of Pixlr, Inkscape and MS Paint has served me well all this time.

So, @2Fort, if you are willing to paint a car for me, that would be much appreciated :)

I am looking for a mostly silver car, with a bright yellow strip around the base. You can use artistic licence to add some go-faster stripes in black if you like. Number doesn't matter, I'll run with whatever number you give me. And bear in mind more of the points for my car are going to go towards engine and reliability than aerodynamics.

Ta!

@Whittoria, if you have a basic oval circuit that's around 2.5 miles long, that would do for Port Yusev Park Circuit in Chetkosk, and we'd be happy to have the championships come to our nation for a race.

Edit: i.e. something this shape:
Last edited by Chetkosk on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Federal Republic of Chetkosk | Capital - Berlinengrad | Population - 96,645,500 | Head of Government - Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich | Trigramme - CHK | Demonym - Chetkoski | ccTLD - .chk | National Wiki
WC56, 57, 58 - Qualified
WC59 - Ro16
RLWC8 - 2nd Place
R7WC1 - 4th Place

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 12, 2011 2:08 pm

Whittoria wrote:
Wolfmanne wrote:Done my stock car; there is no roof template sadly, just front and back. Will upload front and back later.

It's got to be something that will go on the in-game model, which is a 2003-2006 style Winston Cup car, and here it seems you have a touring car (from what I've though, touring cars are Europe's equivalent of NASCAR; correct me if I'm wrong). Try one of these:

or these:

You'll need GIMP or a similar program to edit the layers, but GIMP is free. Or I can do it for you, and Southwest 2Fort has offered his services to paint cars for people.

I have GIMP but it's not working (it used to but it's broken, so I had to crop it up on Paint). I'll ask Southwest to paint it for me.

And it isn't a touring car btw, it's the Holden VE Commodore which I also found in the second link, might use that as a template. The reason why I used that crappy template is because it was literally the only one I could find.

We do have an equivalent of NASCAR in the UK I think but touring car racing is much more preferred, although it is rarely televised. Rallying is available on TV on a channel called Dave, which is free and Formula 1 is done on the BBC.
Last edited by Wolfmanne on Thu May 12, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:
Whittoria wrote:

or these:

I have GIMP but it's not working (it used to but it's broken, so I had to crop it up on Paint). I'll ask Southwest to paint it for me.

And it isn't a touring car btw, it's the Holden VE Commodore which I also found in the second link, might use that as a template. The reason why I used that crappy template is because it was literally the only one I could find.

Gotcha.

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Chetkosk wrote:
@Whittoria, if you have a basic oval circuit that's around 2.5 miles long, that would do for Port Yusev Park Circuit in Chetkosk, and we'd be happy to have the championships come to our nation for a race.

Edit: i.e. something this shape:

High Banked? Either I think I have something

Chetkosk
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Chetkosk » Thu May 12, 2011 2:32 pm

Whittoria wrote:High Banked?

Errrrrrrrmmmmmmmm.....yeah, high banked will do nicely, thanks :)
WC56, 57, 58 - Qualified
WC59 - Ro16
RLWC8 - 2nd Place
R7WC1 - 4th Place

Wolfmanne
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Thu May 12, 2011 3:52 pm

@Whittoria -- So it'll be national teams? If so I'll cut out the transfer and just get one fixed team.

Whittoria
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Whittoria » Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Wolfmanne wrote:@Whittoria -- So it'll be national teams? If so I'll cut out the transfer and just get one fixed team.

Correct. But an International Motorsport Transfers thread is still a good idea for competitions besides this, like domestic leagues and regional series, etc., so if you want to start that you can.

For those that want to start their own domestic league there are scorinators out there, as well as just getting a copy of NR2k3.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports