NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 am

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:
Sounds good. Thanks. Sign me up for Sevens. Should I just look for a thread, or will there be something about it here? Really like to get in some full squad Union, though, tournaments, regional, exhibition, WC, whatever. How would I go about hosting a tournament? Oh and do you use the scorinator?

G'day. A notice will be put up here and a thread for sevens sign ups when the time comes. but the next cycle is the league world cup. If you're looking for a union tournament there is an international club contest in the domestic thread. all you need to do is scorinate your league and submit your 4 teams of choice and thats it. its a non-RP contest though. The next edition requires you to have done that by the 3rd of november so you'd want to get moving. For your own tournaments all you have to do is make a thread telling people how it will work and how you will be scorinating it and then on that thread people will sign up. once you have enough participants then you allow people to RP and scorinate. Good luck mate

Saugeais wrote:Usually along with the signup thread being formed, a link to it will be posted here. When the signups thread is active, you can put your name down then; there are no advanced signups. Since Six Nations is invitation only, as I'm told, you'd be better off trying to start a regional tournament up yourself if you can't wait for the next Union World Cup.

Hosting is a peculiar thing here in NS Sports. While it certainly isn't disallowed that new or unestablished members can't host tournaments, you will have hard time generating interest from the veteran members. Don't let it discourage you! As long as you have a well thought out opening post detailing what you are doing exactly, you'll be sure to garner interest.

For your perusal, read the General Sports Roleplaying Questions for more info on hosting and on scorinators used to generate results.

Thanks all. I'm psyched to get on the pitch.
I will get to work and reading. I've got a bit going on, so maybe it will be better to sit out a bit and watch. Same with hosting, I'd like to read more on how it's done a bit, until I do one eventually down the road. I will get a domestics league together, but it probably won't be in time for the upcoming tournaments.

Keep me in mind though if you need a spot filled for the next WC or big nations tournament. I'll be ready soon.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:41 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
I will get to work and reading. I've got a bit going on, so maybe it will be better to sit out a bit and watch. Same with hosting, I'd like to read more on how it's done a bit, until I do one eventually down the road. I will get a domestics league together, but it probably won't be in time for the upcoming tournaments.

Keep me in mind though if you need a spot filled for the next WC or big nations tournament. I'll be ready soon.

Esportiva did have a regional Union Tournament, which generated quite a bit of interest, however, that was run by Triimoria and I'm not sure when/if another one would be held because there wasn't a lot of RPing.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010

Postby Cyborg Holland » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 am

Of course, If you want a Friendly, you could always have one against the World Cup Runners Up (me) or anyone else. Just ask, and you'll probably get a response.

Talking of World Cup Runners Up, the Rotterdam Apples' Gabriel Simonis, star of Cyborg Holland's RWC campaign, is looking for an overseas club. Also, our national team captain Makar Schneijder, Openside flanker also at Rotterdam would like to play overseas. Direct all enquiries via TG.

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Apox wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:

Esportiva did have a regional Union Tournament, which generated quite a bit of interest, however, that was run by Triimoria and I'm not sure when/if another one would be held because there wasn't a lot of RPing.

We should totally host another Rugby event.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 am

Northern Sunrise Islands wrote:
Apox wrote:

We should! Although perhaps leave a little while so that Esportiva is not over-loaded with events.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Triimoria
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Apox wrote:
Northern Sunrise Islands wrote:

We should! Although perhaps leave a little while so that Esportiva is not over-loaded with events.

Ah! That tournament, yeah, I was hoping maybe to run one possibly around Christmas time, making getting the tournament on sort of an every four months basis.
8th in Market Cup 4, 3rd in Market Cup 5, Paradisian Cup 1 Football Quarter-Finalist
Round of 16 in R7WC1
Zackendel Challenge Cup 1 Winner
Triimorian Universities: ClearCola Classic Bowl Winners

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:02 am

I don't quite understand the scorinator thing. I've been trying and I read the stickies. Is there a recommended scorinator for rugby union? I dl'd NSFS 3 , but it doesn't seem to have a rugby option. Plus I'm not sure what to fill in for Max Rank points, ranks and style for the teams. I could use some help. Thanks guys.
My Factbook
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:20 am

Neu Engollon wrote:I don't quite understand the scorinator thing. I've been trying and I read the stickies. Is there a recommended scorinator for rugby union? I dl'd NSFS 3 , but it doesn't seem to have a rugby option. Plus I'm not sure what to fill in for Max Rank points, ranks and style for the teams. I could use some help. Thanks guys.

xkoranate is the most complete sports scorinator we have out there, with over 60 sports on the docket. You will be able to find all codes of rugby within that.

http://www.thirdgeek.com/ns/xkoranate/

Style setting range from -5 to +5, defensive to offensive. Rank points determine how good a team is. You can set the max to whatever you want, and the closer a team's rank is to the max, the better the chances they have to win. Of course, being a random number generator that takes all factors in to account, they won't win all the time even if are set to the max rank.
Last edited by Saugeais on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 am

Saugeais wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:I don't quite understand the scorinator thing. I've been trying and I read the stickies. Is there a recommended scorinator for rugby union? I dl'd NSFS 3 , but it doesn't seem to have a rugby option. Plus I'm not sure what to fill in for Max Rank points, ranks and style for the teams. I could use some help. Thanks guys.

xkoranate is the most complete sports scorinator we have out there, with over 60 sports on the docket. You will be able to find all codes of rugby within that.

http://www.thirdgeek.com/ns/xkoranate/

Style setting range from -5 to +5, defensive to offensive. Rank points determine how good a team is. You can set the max to whatever you want, and the closer a team's rank is to the max, the better the chances they have to win. Of course, being a random number generator that takes all factors in to account, they won't win all the time even if are set to the max rank.

Thank you for your help. I think I got something going. I wouldn't mind some input:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207302

Also, I'm hoping to send the qualifiers to the RUCT Seasogs on 12/9. If I have 6 Teams, how many can I submit? Still 4, or less than that?
My Factbook

Wight
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wight » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 am

Last edited by Wight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
::: WIGHT :::
BECAUSE REASONS

Osbony
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Osbony » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:23 am

I apoint the osbon national rugby team and our rugby championchip, the Top 12 Rugby.

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 am

Wight wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:Thank you for your help. I think I got something going. I wouldn't mind some input:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=207302

Also, I'm hoping to send the qualifiers to the RUCT Seasogs on 12/9. If I have 6 Teams, how many can I submit? Still 4, or less than that?

You mean the tables? If you put them between pre /pre tags you should be alright

Thank you. That looks much better on the tables. But I also meant in general: sports articles, rosters, kit.
It took the longest just to make up names for all the domestic league rosters. I know it wasn't necessary, but I wanted to, for future RP and some realism. I think I'll just submit the two top teams for Seasogs right now.
My Factbook

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Wight wrote:You mean the tables? If you put them between pre /pre tags you should be alright

Thank you. That looks much better on the tables. But I also meant in general: sports articles, rosters, kit.
It took the longest just to make up names for all the domestic league rosters. I know it wasn't necessary, but I wanted to, for future RP and some realism. I think I'll just submit the two top teams for Seasogs right now.

You can still submit four for the Seasogs, two for the Rugby League tournament.

And I guess I haven't made it in this game until someone rips off my ideas, I guess. You're welcome for the second rugby kit template. :p
Last edited by Saugeais on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:14 am

You should always submit 4 unless, for some reason, you want to be even less successful than just being a newbie would warrant. Most of us have 8-12 teams and we all submit 4 of them (actually I send my fourth from outside of my league table, but that's another story). Sending the maximum number of teams makes it more likely that your clubs will return within a few years of making their first RUCT appearance, which is basically the only way to leave the bottom. Now that you've started experiencing the wondrous joy of NS Sports club tournaments, there's no need to shoot yourself in the foot on your first day.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 am

Free South Califas wrote:You should always submit 4 unless, for some reason, you want to be even less successful than just being a newbie would warrant. Most of us have 8-12 teams and we all submit 4 of them (actually I send my fourth from outside of my league table, but that's another story). Sending the maximum number of teams makes it more likely that your clubs will return within a few years of making their first RUCT appearance, which is basically the only way to leave the bottom. Now that you've started experiencing the wondrous joy of NS Sports club tournaments, there's no need to shoot yourself in the foot on your first day.

Good point there. I just didn't want to be greedy and tick anyone off, being a newbie and all.

And much thanks, Saugeais, for the rugby kit. I saw it up on a few threads, so I thought it was free domain to tinker with.
I didn't realize where I ripped that off from. Doh! :blush:
My Factbook

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Good point there. I just didn't want to be greedy and tick anyone off, being a newbie and all.

And much thanks, Saugeais, for the rugby kit. I saw it up on a few threads, so I thought it was free domain to tinker with.
I didn't realize where I ripped that off from. Doh! :blush:

No worries. I used a blank template from Google to create that. I hold no grudge. :p
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 am

Are there updated RLWC rankings?

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Updated league rankings. As that link links to the base document here's a permanant link for post RLWC 10 rankings.

Also worth noting is that there are some differences to the 'unofficial' rankings offered by Green Jello Salad/TBI. The difference in the rank for Saugeais comes I believe from their winning the third place play-off in the last tournament. As a match between losing semi-finalists I've only awarded half points for winning it. The differences in the ranking points of Chetkosk and Ancharmunn I'm unable to explain (having not investigated particularly thoroughly tbh).
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

Green Jello Salad
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Green Jello Salad » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Ancharmunn wrote:Also worth noting is that there are some differences to the 'unofficial' rankings offered by Green Jello Salad/TBI. The difference in the rank for Saugeais comes I believe from their winning the third place play-off in the last tournament. As a match between losing semi-finalists I've only awarded half points for winning it.

I've removed the GJS list to preclude any possibility of confusion, although I may take a look at where the divergences occurred for my own information. Given the trouble I am accustomed to having with Google Docs I suspect either export-import issues or fumble fingers.
President, NS Rugby Board
Our men play rugby league and kabaddi. Our women play association football and netball.
Sometimes they dabble together in Babbage code.
RP population is about 2.2 million.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm

CALLING ALL RUGBY LEAGUE NATIONS!

Are you players bored of playing the same routine teams in your boring old domestic league?!?!

Why not send em over to the DRL, the premier Rugby League Competition in Cyborg Holland, where the teams are looking for some overseas talent to line thier ranks!

We will soon present a list of players we would like to bring to the DRL, but in the meantime, here is a link to our domestic teams and league! Linky

Thanks!

(Offers via TG)
Last edited by Cyborg Holland on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:07 am

What's the next World Cup going to be? (i.e Union or Sevens...)
8th in Market Cup 4, 3rd in Market Cup 5, Paradisian Cup 1 Football Quarter-Finalist
Round of 16 in R7WC1

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 am

The next cup should be Sevens; I shall leave the decision on when to open signups down to the Sevens VP Western Cuba.
Слава Україні!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 am

I'm in for whichever, Union, Sevens, more League. Count me in, please.
My Factbook

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Liventia wrote:The next cup should be Sevens; I shall leave the decision on when to open signups down to the Sevens VP Western Cuba.

Well I'll be glad to open sign ups at any time, however do we want the Sevens world cup to concede with the NS World Cup? In my opinion participation in the last Sevens World Cup was lacking compared to the first one, would Sevens conceding with the association football world cup cause even less participation?

I'm open for any ideas. Heck at the moment I don't even have time to write up a roster for my national soccer team for the world cup, I can't see myself being involved in the R7WC III if it were to happen around now.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Triimoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:45 am

Western cuba wrote:
Liventia wrote:The next cup should be Sevens; I shall leave the decision on when to open signups down to the Sevens VP Western Cuba.

Well I'll be glad to open sign ups at any time, however do we want the Sevens world cup to concede with the NS World Cup? In my opinion participation in the last Sevens World Cup was lacking compared to the first one, would Sevens conceding with the association football world cup cause even less participation?

I'm open for any ideas. Heck at the moment I don't even have time to write up a roster for my national soccer team for the world cup, I can't see myself being involved in the R7WC III if it were to happen around now.

I agree, leave sign-ups to after the NS World Cup.
Round of 16 in R7WC1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports