NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Varijnland
Minister

Founded: Mar 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Varijnland » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 am

Cyborg Holland wrote:
Varijnland wrote:Why was I not informed of an NS rugby society? >:(

Because there's a massive conspiracy against you on NS to keep you away from anything fun.

Nah. It's just is hasn't been up recently.

I was getting worried for a second there

Retiring from NS, I wish you all the best in your future endevours :)

- Rasmus

P.S stay off drugs

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 pm

((Sorry for the Quasi-Bump-Gravedig))

I was just wondering when the next NSRugby Competiton would go down, be it League or Union?

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Plans are for Rugby Union WC signups to open soonish I think.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:43 pm

Polar Islandstates wrote:Plans are for Rugby Union WC signups to open soonish I think.

Hurrah!

Rhodesiah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesiah » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:37 pm

Polar Islandstates wrote:Plans are for Rugby Union WC signups to open soonish I think.

Thank God. Rhodies were going stir crazy
Rugby World Cup Dynasty
Champion: 19, 20
Runner-up: 17, 21
3rd place: 18

Saugeais
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:

Hurrah!

Rugby Union signups will be open once WC61 qualifiers are through, so tomorrow at the earliest.
The Republic of Saugeais : newswire
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50
Hosted: 9th Winter Olympics, Copa Rushmori XV,
19th Rugby Union World Cup, Di Bradini Cup 27
Copa Rushmori VII, World Baseball Classic 21,
9th Rugby League World Cup, Market Cup 3
1st Place: Copa Rushmori 16, Cup of Harmony 58, NSCAA 4
2nd Place: World Baseball Classic 19 & 22, Gaelic Football WC 4,
Di Bradini Cup 23, CoH 54, T20 Cricket Championships 3, Rugby LWC 14
3rd Place: Copa Rushmori 5, 14, 15 & 17, Market Cup 3, RLWC 10
4th Place: DBC 15, WBC 24

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:02 pm

I just want to make sure, I may not be here for a while during sign ups. I would like to ask that I be included into the sign up list in case im not around
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:17 pm

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:I just want to make sure, I may not be here for a while during sign ups. I would like to ask that I be included into the sign up list in case im not around

Except for the fact you managed to miss the already-existent signup thread.
Слава Україні!

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:45 am

Liventia wrote:
The Kiaser Colonies wrote:I just want to make sure, I may not be here for a while during sign ups. I would like to ask that I be included into the sign up list in case im not around

Except for the fact you managed to miss the already-existent signup thread.

when one is just back from a week away and has only minutes to check emails and much more, one doesnt usually prioritise trawling threw NS Sports forum

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Triimoria
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:52 am

Anybody know where to find the newest rugby union rankings?
8th in Market Cup 4, 3rd in Market Cup 5, Paradisian Cup 1 Football Quarter-Finalist
Round of 16 in R7WC1
Zackendel Challenge Cup 1 Winner
Triimorian Universities: ClearCola Classic Bowl Winners

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:04 am

Triimoria wrote:Anybody know where to find the newest rugby union rankings?

OP of the Rugby Union World Cup signups.
Last edited by Saugeais on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65
Co-host, World Cup 60 | Co-host, 47th Cup of Harmony | Co-host, Baptism of Fire 50

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:24 pm

RL sucks. I won't be able to RP other than on weekends so it's ver doubtful that I will stand a chance at retaining my title, or get out of the groups with this 100% loses to wins ratio :p . I predict at best a first knockout round crash out so best of luck to all competitors and lets hope for a new and very worthy champion.

2nd None

Australian and proud!

Rhodesiah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesiah » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 pm

For anyone that can update nswiki, I defeated Kulverint 18-9 in the 3PPO in RWC18, not the other way around

http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=R ... up#Results
Last edited by Rhodesiah on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup Dynasty
Champion: 19, 20
Runner-up: 17, 21
3rd place: 18

Kulverint
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Rhodesiah wrote:For anyone that can update nswiki, I defeated Kulverint 18-9 in the 3PPO in RWC18, not the other way around

http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=R ... up#Results

Ah, I see, it had the names the wrong way round (Rhodesiah 9-18 Kulverint), and I assumed (or rather hoped) someone'd put in the score the wrong way round. Will be fixed :P

Khytenna
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Khytenna » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:28 am

congratulations to Rhodesiah.

Will defiantly be involved in the next union world cup, been very busy in RL with everything.
Xephik, Mygevia, Pelothia, Lilac, Keltyme, Ginto
Call me Khy
Current Chairman: Sebastain Tyler (UWP-SDP Coalition)
Rugby World Cup 16 Winners
Vvardenfell Football Championship 1: Winners. 7th in the Draggonnii Inviyatii!

Triimoria
Envoy

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Triimoria » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am

Hi, is there any word on the next Sevens World Cup?
8th in Market Cup 4, 3rd in Market Cup 5, Paradisian Cup 1 Football Quarter-Finalist
Round of 16 in R7WC1
Zackendel Challenge Cup 1 Winner
Triimorian Universities: ClearCola Classic Bowl Winners

Attaché

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby 84733842 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:20 am

Don't know about sevens, but a league world cup should be next up.
Our number script: 0=O, 00=U, 1=L, 2=R, 3=E, 33=I, 4=A, 5=S, 6=G, 7=T, 8=M, 9=P
(Of course, it's still a constructed language...)

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:08 am

Any word on Union Rankings?

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Since nobody has posted since the 5th, I'm going to post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the league world cup is up next, as the union cup was the latest one played out. I'm assuming signups will begin near the end of world cup 62?
Last edited by Western cuba on Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008

Postby Liventia » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:11 am

Western cuba wrote:Since nobody has posted since the 5th, I'm going to post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the league world cup is up next, as the union cup was the latest one played out. I'm assuming signups will begin near the end of world cup 62?

I'll aim to get signups up in time for the cup proper to run immediately after the WC, rather than starting signups after the WC. Probably means signups up after WCQ.
Слава Україні!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am

I would like to sign up a national team if possible. Love rugby union, but new to the NS rugby. How do I go about it, other than creating a team, jerseys, etc., of course? Is there tournaments and WC every year? I hope so because I'm not waiting around 4 years for another one, like RL. Regional play? I will try to read up, but if anybody has any pointers I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:26 am

Neu Engollon wrote:I would like to sign up a national team if possible. Love rugby union, but new to the NS rugby. How do I go about it, other than creating a team, jerseys, etc., of course? Is there tournaments and WC every year? I hope so because I'm not waiting around 4 years for another one, like RL. Regional play? I will try to read up, but if anybody has any pointers I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome over! As one of the vice-presidents on the rugby council, we're always happy for more particiaption in rugby. Making a roster is crucial, jerseys/logos/etc. are not but are nice additions to give a better sense of realism to your team. We hold a tournament in one of the disciplines (league, union, sevens) every three months. In fact, signups for Sevens should be up soon; be on the lookout for that. As far as Rushmore is concerned, we had a Six Nations regional tournament, but that dropped off a long while ago, and I can't speak for AO on what they've done. We also have a domestic rugby thread; you can enter in your own domestic rugby union and league seasons, submitting teams into the Seasogs (Union tournament) or the Rugby League Challenge Trophy.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Last edited by Saugeais on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012

Postby Neu Engollon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:53 am

Saugeais wrote:
Neu Engollon wrote:I would like to sign up a national team if possible. Love rugby union, but new to the NS rugby. How do I go about it, other than creating a team, jerseys, etc., of course? Is there tournaments and WC every year? I hope so because I'm not waiting around 4 years for another one, like RL. Regional play? I will try to read up, but if anybody has any pointers I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome over! As one of the vice-presidents on the rugby council, we're always happy for more particiaption in rugby. Making a roster is crucial, jerseys/logos/etc. are not but are nice additions to give a better sense of realism to your team. We hold a tournament in one of the disciplines (league, union, sevens) every three months. In fact, signups for Sevens should be up soon; be on the lookout for that. As far as Rushmore is concerned, we had a Six Nations regional tournament, but that dropped off a long while ago, and I can't speak for AO on what they've done. We also have a domestic rugby thread; you can enter in your own domestic rugby union and league seasons, submitting teams into the Seasogs (Union tournament) or the Rugby League Challenge Trophy.

Sounds good. Thanks. Sign me up for Sevens. Should I just look for a thread, or will there be something about it here? Really like to get in some full squad Union, though, tournaments, regional, exhibition, WC, whatever. How would I go about hosting a tournament? Oh and do you use the scorinator?
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Saugeais
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saugeais » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:06 am

Neu Engollon wrote:Sounds good. Thanks. Sign me up for Sevens. Should I just look for a thread, or will there be something about it here? Really like to get in some full squad Union, though, tournaments, regional, exhibition, WC, whatever. How would I go about hosting a tournament?

Usually along with the signup thread being formed, a link to it will be posted here. When the signups thread is active, you can put your name down then; there are no advanced signups. Since Six Nations is invitation only, as I'm told, you'd be better off trying to start a regional tournament up yourself if you can't wait for the next Union World Cup.

Hosting is a peculiar thing here in NS Sports. While it certainly isn't disallowed that new or unestablished members can't host tournaments, you will have hard time generating interest from the veteran members. Don't let it discourage you! As long as you have a well thought out opening post detailing what you are doing exactly, you'll be sure to garner interest.

For your perusal, read the General Sports Roleplaying Questions for more info on hosting and on scorinators used to generate results.
Founder of the AIBC
Co-host, World Cup 65

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
Saugeais wrote:

Sounds good. Thanks. Sign me up for Sevens. Should I just look for a thread, or will there be something about it here? Really like to get in some full squad Union, though, tournaments, regional, exhibition, WC, whatever. How would I go about hosting a tournament? Oh and do you use the scorinator?

G'day. A notice will be put up here and a thread for sevens sign ups when the time comes. but the next cycle is the league world cup. If you're looking for a union tournament there is an international club contest in the domestic thread. all you need to do is scorinate your league and submit your 4 teams of choice and thats it. its a non-RP contest though. The next edition requires you to have done that by the 3rd of november so you'd want to get moving. For your own tournaments all you have to do is make a thread telling people how it will work and how you will be scorinating it and then on that thread people will sign up. once you have enough participants then you allow people to RP and scorinate. Good luck mate

2nd None

Australian and proud!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports