NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Olympic Games Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:48 pm

Liventia wrote:
Gregoryisgodistan wrote:Is the NS Olympic Council as protective about people using the term Olympics as the RL IOC? I could see Youth Olympics or Paralympics causing a problem if done without the Council's permission since IRL that's an Olympic event, but IRL the Special Olympics aren't associated with the IOC and simply have an agreement to use the trademark

The Youth Olympics would certainly be an issue, for me. The Paralympics has nothing to do with the IOC IRL – it's run by the IPC. Likewise on NS it's got nothing to do with the Olympics. I certainly take your point about the Special Olympics; I think on NS it would depend on how anyone who runs such an event uses the name (e.g. whether they try to claim a link to the NSOC).

Why would that ever be a problem for you? I'm really not seing why NS sports has special protections that are not afforded to other subforums.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Frestovenia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Frestovenia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:00 pm

Britonisea wrote:
Frestovenia wrote:
'Advertise' That are your words.

Google says...

advertise

ˈadvətʌɪz (pronouncation)

verb

describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

Frestovenia wrote:I have Nation Games created for people to do participate for fun! (For all the people here that wants to make an Olympics just do it!) :p

Advertising by promoting your National Games, you want to increase your attendance at the event.

You've been asked to stop, just stop it. The way I see it is that this is the official NationStates Olympic Games, not your Nations Games.

Official Nationstates olympic games why official (and why you think nation games is also an NS olympics thats not true) It's just my own event. And please people stop telling my that I have to stop spamming you guys tell me thatfor 4 times!!. Its over I stop with talking about this.
World Cup
No appearances
Best result: 5th in qualifying (87)
Cup of Harmony
Best result: Group stage (79)
KPB Ranking
#125 | KPB: 6.94

Hosting
Copa d'Aeia 2018 as Salborga (puppet)

About me
Dutch - Graphic designer - Road cycling fanatic

A cat or dog may steal your heart, a ferret steals your socks

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:06 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Liventia wrote:The Youth Olympics would certainly be an issue, for me. The Paralympics has nothing to do with the IOC IRL – it's run by the IPC. Likewise on NS it's got nothing to do with the Olympics. I certainly take your point about the Special Olympics; I think on NS it would depend on how anyone who runs such an event uses the name (e.g. whether they try to claim a link to the NSOC).

Why would that ever be a problem for you? I'm really not seing why NS sports has special protections that are not afforded to other subforums.

You can't go an copy someone else's work, or try to ride on the reputation of another body to grow your event.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Ethane wrote:
Coraspia wrote:Why would that ever be a problem for you? I'm really not seing why NS sports has special protections that are not afforded to other subforums.

You can't go an copy someone else's work, or try to ride on the reputation of another body to grow your event.

It's pretty clear to any casual viewer that a 'youth Olympics' isn't an attempt to copy the ns Olympics, it's to provide a tournament much like the RL youth Olympics.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Frestovenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Frestovenia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:08 pm

The Licentian Isles wrote:
Frestovenia wrote:
'Advertise' That are your words.

Frestovenia wrote:I have Nation Games created for people to do participate for fun! (For all the people here that wants to make an Olympics just do it!) :p

If this isn't advertising, I'm not sure I know what is.

Since you're fairly new around here, I would advise that this thread would be a pretty good start as to how the NS Sports subforum works. My main advice to you would be not to start a tournament of your own instantly; compete in a few tournaments run by other people, get an idea for how it works, and then start small, certainly not by hosting a multi-sport event of the size of the one you have created, which is a hard task for even the most experienced forum members.

What I have created many sport events. And you are telling my that I have no idea how its works. Oke whats wrong here? (Am not angry) but I don't understand this.
World Cup
No appearances
Cup of Harmony
KPB Ranking

Hosting

About me

The Licentian Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Licentian Isles » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:16 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

If this isn't advertising, I'm not sure I know what is.

Since you're fairly new around here, I would advise that this thread would be a pretty good start as to how the NS Sports subforum works. My main advice to you would be not to start a tournament of your own instantly; compete in a few tournaments run by other people, get an idea for how it works, and then start small, certainly not by hosting a multi-sport event of the size of the one you have created, which is a hard task for even the most experienced forum members.

What I have created many sport events. And you are telling my that I have no idea how its works. Oke whats wrong here? (Am not angry) but I don't understand this.

You've only created one, at least under this nation, and there doesn't appear to be much organisation for that event. For example, you've not provided a scorination method, which is a major part of hosting an NS Sports event.
Two Time Esportivan Champions

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:18 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

You've only created one, at least under this nation, and there doesn't appear to be much organisation for that event. For example, you've not provided a scorination method, which is a major part of hosting an NS Sports event.

He's not attempting to host the Olympics, and we're not mandated to participate in his event. Constructive criticism is good, but simply saying he's too inexperienced will get nowhere.
Although, his event really should not be the discussion topic here.

Frestovenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Frestovenia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:22 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

Are that your own created rules? I make that event only to be creative and if people wants to join than that will be good. Why I first have to do that method if it is my own event? Nobody has a problem with my event only you and 2 others. Let me do my own thing oke.
World Cup
No appearances
Cup of Harmony
KPB Ranking

Hosting

About me

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:28 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Ethane wrote:You can't go an copy someone else's work, or try to ride on the reputation of another body to grow your event.

It's pretty clear to any casual viewer that a 'youth Olympics' isn't an attempt to copy the ns Olympics, it's to provide a tournament much like the RL youth Olympics.

I guess it depends on how the creator went along with it. If they went along with the youth olympics, without claiming any sort of link, then I would guess it would be fine, but if there was any inkling of the idea that they are linking it to the Olympics on NS, then it probably would be struck down.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:31 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

Are that your own created rules? I make that event only to be creative and if people wants to join than that will be good. Why I first have to do that method if it is my own event? Nobody has a problem with my event only you and 2 others. Let me do my own thing oke.

There aren't rules as such, but there are conventions on these forums that are generally stuck too.
I mean, it is completely fine to do a sporting event without a scorinator, as it is allowed, but many of the regulars on NS Sports won't participate. This doesn't stop you doing it though.

Also, I would suggest you do try to keep discussion on your event to your thread, as it is technically a different thing, and this therefore could be classified as spam.

If you have any other questions, just send a TG.

Have a nice day.
Esportivan and Proud.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:34 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

None of us have a problem with your competition. We have a problem with you mentioning it here. Don't mention it here. It is nothing personal!

Instead, you can put it in your signature :-)

Omg, no. Can we not have any youth Olympics, please? If we are having a youth Olympics, we may as well have an elderly Olympic Games too.

Have you seen some Olympic rosters? Some nation's athletes are 3 years old, anyway.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:36 pm

Britonisea wrote:
Frestovenia wrote:

None of us have a problem with your competition. We have a problem with you mentioning it here. Don't mention it here. It is nothing personal!

Omg, no. Can we not have any youth Olympics, please? If we are having a youth Olympics, we may as well have an elderly Olympic Games too.

Have you seen some Olympic rosters? Some nation's athletes are 3 years old, anyway.

The same argument could be used for the football though. I've submitted a 9 year old in my world cup roster before, she's 12 now and so I will submit her again.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Frestovenia wrote:

This is one post posted by someone quite new to ns sports in comparison to some of you guys, so maybe could everyone stop blowing it out of proportion and keep this thread dedicated to the Olympics, not a petty spam dispute. All it needed was a post by the Archigemcy to end the matter. Please stop all sides.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:39 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Britonisea wrote:

The same argument could be used for the football though. I've submitted a 9 year old in my world cup roster before, she's 12 now and so I will submit her again.

Meh. I don't really see the demand for a youth olympics though. While it would be a nice thing, it would lead to burnout. I'm not sure that many people would want to rp it, or host it, with so many other sports going on as well.
Esportivan and Proud.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Ethane wrote:
Coraspia wrote:The same argument could be used for the football though. I've submitted a 9 year old in my world cup roster before, she's 12 now and so I will submit her again.

Meh. I don't really see the demand for a youth olympics though. While it would be a nice thing, it would lead to burnout. I'm not sure that many people would want to rp it, or host it, with so many other sports going on as well.

Quite possibly, yes. An Olympics is a lot larger than a world cup.

Frestovenia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Frestovenia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:44 pm

Britonisea wrote:
Frestovenia wrote:

Thank you. I understand :)
World Cup
No appearances
Cup of Harmony
KPB Ranking

Hosting

About me

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:54 pm

Since this thread seems to be veering off topic, I figure now is as good a time as any to introduce three proposed amendments that I had drafted over a month ago and decided to save until after the Games of the XI Olympiad were over.

I. Add the following as Section 2.3.4, re-numbering the current section to 2.3.5:

2.3.4. Contingency prior to start of Games
In the event that an elected host withdraws prior to the start of the Games, the election of said host is null and void and the Olympic Council shall go through the normal process of electing a host for said Games.

Additionally, alter the new 2.3.5 's header to read

2.3.5 Contingency during Games

II. Alter 2.2 to read as follows:

2.2. Choice of sports
The Olympic Winter Games shall contain only sports contested on snow or ice, while the Games of the Olympiad shall contain only sports not contested on snow or ice. All Games must include all of the sports and events on the base list identified by the President, with no additions or omissions except as permitted by the extended list. Any such additions or omissions must be identified in a hosting bid. No restriction is made on the inclusion of demonstration sports and events for which medals are not awarded. All medal and demonstration events which are specified in a hosting bid must be held.

III. Alter 2.3.2 to read as follows:

[box]2.3.2. Bid requirements
Bids must identify what scorinators will be used for all medal events, and must make all these scorinators publicly available for testing. Bids that do not include a testable scorinator will not be considered by the Council. No individual may scorinate a medal event on behalf of the host unless specified in the host bid.

The first of these proposed amendments effectively nullifies the selection of a host who withdraws prior to the start of the Games and reopens hosts bids. The second binds hosts to hold all events specified within their host bid. The third prohibits hosts from handing off all or part of the scorination of medal events to assistant scorinators without specifying as such in a host bid.

The basic principle behind all three of these proposals is that those who vote for a bid should get what they voted for and a host (or a replacement host) shouldn't be able to spring unannounced surprises on those who are participating in an Olympics. If that principle is not upheld in this sub-forum, what exactly is stopping future World Cup hosts from springing a controversial qualifying format (such as Casaran or two-tier) on the NSWC in contradiction to a host bid? In the same sense, what exactly is stopping an Olympic host from proposing a bunch of popular demonstration events to win a contested vote then cancelling all of those events?
Last edited by Saintland on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:03 pm

Saintland wrote:Since this thread seems to be veering off topic, I figure now is as good a time as any to introduce three proposed amendments that I had drafted over a month ago and decided to save until after the Games of the XI Olympiad were over.

I. Add the following as Section 2.3.4, re-numbering the current section to 2.3.5:

In the event that an elected host withdraws prior to the start of the Games, the election of said host is null and void and the Olympic Council shall go through the normal process of electing a host for said Games.

2.2. Choice of sports
The Olympic Winter Games shall contain only sports contested on snow or ice, while the Games of the Olympiad shall contain only sports not contested on snow or ice. All Games must include all of the sports and events on the base list identified by the President, with no additions or omissions except as permitted by the extended list. Any such additions or omissions must be identified in a hosting bid. No restriction is made on the inclusion of demonstration sports and events for which medals are not awarded. All medal and demonstration events which are specified in a hosting bid must be held.

Bids must identify what scorinators will be used for all medal events, and must make all these scorinators publicly available for testing. Bids that do not include a testable scorinator will not be considered by the Council. No individual may scorinate a medal event on behalf of the host unless specified in the host bid.

The first of these proposed amendments effectively nullifies the selection of a host who withdraws prior to the start of the Games and reopens hosts bids. The second binds hosts to hold all events specified within their host bid. The third prohibits hosts from handing off all or part of the scorination of medal events to assistant scorinators without specifying as such in a host bid.

The basic principle behind all three of these proposals is that those who vote for a bid should get what they voted for and a host (or a replacement host) shouldn't be able to spring unannounced surprises on those who are participating in an Olympics. If that principle is not upheld in this sub-forum, what exactly is stopping future World Cup hosts from springing a controversial qualifying format (such as Casaran or two-tier) on the NSWC in contradiction to a host bid? In the same sense, what exactly is stopping an Olympic host from proposing a bunch of popular demonstration events to win a contested vote then cancelling all of those events?

Because it is what they bidded for. I call it bad faith. They get what they voted for, and if the person they voted for decides to pull out at an inconvenient time, then we have to find an emergency host to fill the gap. Reopening bids would have taken too long, and these are only an annual event.

Also, the logic falls at your point in the world cup. If someone bids on the ticket of a standard format, they have to progress with that standard format. For that logic which I assume you to be using to work, the bidders would have to withdraw, and an emergency host put in place, who then chose to adopt the casaran format.

However, with the size of the olympics, it is a different matter, and I see it as fit that they can withdraw events that they don't think they can handle, because someone decided to withdraw their bid out of bad faith after winning the host bid contest.

I also agree with the third amendment, and therefore second it.
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:04 pm

It seems like these amendments are being proposed solely because Saintland and friends didn't like the omission of MMA and the qualifying events. In effect, these amendments would allow any future host to effectively take the Games hostage over a personal vendetta. I fail to see the need for any of them.
Last edited by Ceni on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Ethane wrote:
Saintland wrote:Since this thread seems to be veering off topic, I figure now is as good a time as any to introduce three proposed amendments that I had drafted over a month ago and decided to save until after the Games of the XI Olympiad were over.

2.2. Choice of sports

Because it is what they bidded for. I call it bad faith. They get what they voted for, and if the person they voted for decides to pull out at an inconvenient time, then we have to find an emergency host to fill the gap. Reopening bids would have taken too long, and these are only an annual event.

Also, the logic falls at your point in the world cup. If someone bids on the ticket of a standard format, they have to progress with that standard format. For that logic which I assume you to be using to work, the bidders would have to withdraw, and an emergency host put in place, who then chose to adopt the casaran format.

However, with the size of the olympics, it is a different matter, and I see it as fit that they can withdraw events that they don't think they can handle, because someone decided to withdraw their bid out of bad faith after winning the host bid contest.

I also agree with the third amendment, but it can easily be bypassed.

I'd rather see a late Olympics, hosted by a host who was enthusiastic about them, than which was sorted out relatively quickly by a host that was not. Thus, I support these amendments.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:15 pm

Coraspia wrote:I'd rather see a late Olympics, hosted by a host who was enthusiastic about them, than which was sorted out relatively quickly by a host that was not. Thus, I support these amendments.

This would not have solved the problem at all - it would have just delayed the time that CH would take over the games, which, at the time we as the Executive Committee voted to replace Ilyseum with Commerce Heights, we felt was unacceptable in order to preserve the timing so it would go off without a hitch as well as disallow Saintland from holding the Olympics hostage.
Last edited by Ceni on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:18 pm

Ceni wrote:
Coraspia wrote:I'd rather see a late Olympics, hosted by a host who was enthusiastic about them, than which was sorted out relatively quickly by a host that was not. Thus, I support these amendments.

This would not have solved the problem at all - it would have just delayed the time that CH would take over the games, which, at the time we as the Executive Committee voted to replace Ilyseum with Commerce Heights, we felt was unacceptable in order to preserve the timing so it would go off without a hitch as well as disallow Saintland from holding the Olympics hostage.

Timing is unimportant. What is important is that we have a host who is dedecated to the thread, and who is willing to respond to issues which are rped out in the thread. We did not have that this year.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:28 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Ceni wrote:This would not have solved the problem at all - it would have just delayed the time that CH would take over the games, which, at the time we as the Executive Committee voted to replace Ilyseum with Commerce Heights, we felt was unacceptable in order to preserve the timing so it would go off without a hitch as well as disallow Saintland from holding the Olympics hostage.

Timing is unimportant. What is important is that we have a host who is dedecated to the thread, and who is willing to respond to issues which are rped out in the thread. We did not have that this year.

This is a big commitment, which takes hours out of every day for the duration of it, plus preparation time.

Commerce Heights took this on in good faith, because no one else exactly said anything, and the committee had to do something to make sure the Olympics didn't fall apart.

Until you tell me that you are willing to be the host that steps in at the last moment, after someone else pulls out, and hosts the olympics, a difficult thing to do, which previously CH wasn't going to do, then you are in no place to lecture anyone else on how they should run an olympics, or complain about them.

Same for Saintland. You lost the right to complain when you pulled out of hosting the olympics. If that never happened, we would not be in this mess.
Esportivan and Proud.

Savalen
Envoy

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Savalen » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Coraspia wrote:
Ceni wrote:This would not have solved the problem at all - it would have just delayed the time that CH would take over the games, which, at the time we as the Executive Committee voted to replace Ilyseum with Commerce Heights, we felt was unacceptable in order to preserve the timing so it would go off without a hitch as well as disallow Saintland from holding the Olympics hostage.

I feel that you overestimate the number of people prepared to host an Olympics in a single year. That number is usually around the one/two mark and sadly this year it just wasn't possible for whatever reason. CH decided to take the tournament on himself, which was a monumental task, and then removed some of the fluff around the outside - made it easier to step in as a host.

If we were to open rebidding, have you thought about the sports that require precise timing of events or games and as such need to Olympics to happen at this time? What about the fact that hosting the Summer Olympics would be ironic? What about the fact that there isn't anybody else who has offered?

And what if the new host was to want different sports? That would create a problem with another of the amendments.

So overall, I think you should back down and think the corner you would be backing yourself or someone into, get off your high horse and stop being so demanding.
Wonderful, absolutely wonderful day to y'all.

I am Savalen, named after a lake in Norway. Not that I'm Norwegian.
Northwest Star editor for the International Northwestern Union
San Antonio Spurs
Brighton and Hove Albion
Tottenham Hotspur

I'm a Russian that lives in the UK
That moment when you get Labour, but you're a Lib Dem...

If you want more info about me, send me a TG. Nothing on NS will tell you my views fully.
See Northern Sunrise Islands scorinator guide
1st: NWC 1 (Host)
QF: U15s WC9, BoF62, 7ball WC2
Host: NWC 1

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 pm

Ethane wrote:
Coraspia wrote:Timing is unimportant. What is important is that we have a host who is dedecated to the thread, and who is willing to respond to issues which are rped out in the thread. We did not have that this year.

This is a big commitment, which takes hours out of every day for the duration of it, plus preparation time.

Commerce Heights took this on in good faith, because no one else exactly said anything, and the committee had to do something to make sure the Olympics didn't fall apart.

Until you tell me that you are willing to be the host that steps in at the last moment, after someone else pulls out, and hosts the olympics, a difficult thing to do, which previously CH wasn't going to do, then you are in no place to lecture anyone else on how they should run an olympics, or complain about them.

Same for Saintland. You lost the right to complain when you pulled out of hosting the olympics. If that never happened, we would not be in this mess.

I would have been capable of hosting it, however I wouldn't have wanted to do it.

Were all other options exhausted before CH took over hosting duties? Nobody else who physically could have done it? Because the Olympics needs to be more than scorenation, a certain amount of rp needs to go into it, which we didn't see this year.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports