NATION

PASSWORD

Nationstates Olympic Games Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commerce Heights
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Commerce Heights » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:13 pm

The Islands of Qutar wrote:Hey could someone explain how the keelboat works, why for example although my competitors won thier first, second and third races they aren't in the fourth race?

It’s a best three out of five series. Since they won the first three races, they advance to the next round.

The Islands of Qutar
Secretary

Founded: Dec 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Qutar » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Thanks CH!

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh god. I was on vacation and I forgot all about this. S***. Now I've got no chance at my events. :(
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Krytenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 22, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Krytenia » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:07 pm

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:Oh god. I was on vacation and I forgot all about this. S***. Now I've got no chance at my events. :(

Plenty of time left; plenty of events to go. Chin up, my friend. :)
"I revel in the nonsense; it's why I'm in Anaia."
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)
Languages: English (de jure), Spanish, French, Welsh (regional)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Champions: AOCAF 52, Cup of Harmony 78, CAFA 6
Runner-Up: AOCAF 7, World Cup 58, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 1
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:51 pm

Euskillikilli, we don't make soap opera's :?

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:39 am

Can we please stop dogpiling on Euskirribakondara? We were all new once, you know. Also, the VII Olympics are a year away, and a lot can happen between now and then.
Capital: Emberton ⍟ RP Population: ~180,000,000 ⍟ Trigram: KRY ⍟ iTLD: .kt ⍟ Demonym: Krytenian, Krytie (inf.)

Hosts: Cup of Harmony 7, AOCAF 1, Cup of Harmony 15, World Cup 24, AOCAF 13, World Cup 29, AOCAF 17, AOCAF 23, World Cup 40, Cup of Harmony 32, Baptism of Fire 32, AOCAF 27, Baptism of Fire 36, World Cup 50, Baptism of Fire 40, Cup of Harmony 64, AOCAF 48, World Cup 75, AOCAF 40, Cup of Harmony 80, CAFA 2
Creator, AOCAF & Cygnus Cup - Host, VI Winter Olympics (Ashton) & VII Summer Olympics (Emberton)

Carpathia and Ruthenia
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Carpathia and Ruthenia » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 am

Hear, hear Kry
Formerly known as The Islands of Qutar

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:38 am

Krytenia wrote:Can we please stop dogpiling on Euskirribakondara? We were all new once, you know. Also, the VII Olympics are a year away, and a lot can happen between now and then.

Thank you very much Krytenia! That's the spirit we have!... And we have a year to go, so thanks for the support and the advices. :bow:
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:39 am

Chenkorya wrote:Euskillikilli, we don't make soap opera's :?

First of all, it is EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA not Euskillikilli. Second of all, the Chenkoryan immigrants in Euskirribakondara DO make soap operas... quite interesting, actually.

Mytannion
Minister

Founded: Aug 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mytannion » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:Euskillikilli, we don't make soap opera's :?

First of all, it is EUSKIRRIBAKONDARA not Euskillikilli. Second of all, the Chenkoryan immigrants in Euskirribakondara DO make soap operas... quite interesting, actually.

Now, I agree with Krytenia's sentiments completely - but, that is godmodding, where you say what another users' people do without their permission. Chenkorya has said his people don't make soap operas, and you've turned around and said that they do - now that is unfair, if Chenkorya had agreed to this, that would be quite alright, but, he has said they don't - so don't take control of his characters.
The Third Republic of Mytannion
Capital: Esca - Population: 43,500,000 - Demonym: Mytanar

Sporting Achievements:
Football: Copa Rushmori XVII, CoH 56 & 59 Champions. Qualified for WC 55, 58, 60, 61, 63, 66; Round of 16: WC 56, 57, 62, 65. Quarter Finals: WC 68.
Lacrosse: WLC IX & XVII Champions!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:14 pm

Mytannion wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:

Now, I agree with Krytenia's sentiments completely - but, that is godmodding, where you say what another users' people do without their permission. Chenkorya has said his people don't make soap operas, and you've turned around and said that they do - now that is unfair, if Chenkorya had agreed to this, that would be quite alright, but, he has said they don't - so don't take control of his characters.

I'm not taking control of his characters....... it's just that people in Euskirribakondara, who claim to be Chenkoryans (we're not sure) make soap operas in our country.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:15 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Mytannion wrote:

I'm not taking control of his characters....... it's just that people in Euskirribakondara, who claim to be Chenkoryans (we're not sure) make soap operas in our country.

Which is godmodding.

/end-conversation
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Mytannion wrote:Now, I agree with Krytenia's sentiments completely - but, that is godmodding, where you say what another users' people do without their permission. Chenkorya has said his people don't make soap operas, and you've turned around and said that they do - now that is unfair, if Chenkorya had agreed to this, that would be quite alright, but, he has said they don't - so don't take control of his characters.

But these people represent someone else's nation. If the user behind that nation says his people do not make soap operas, then you cannot say that some of his people make soap operas anyway. Part of being a responsible roleplayer is following other nations' RP permissions; so if Chenkorya doesn't want you to do something, then you shouldn't do it.

If you had worked something out with him in advance - for instance, if he had told you to do anything with his people - then it would be okay. But it is not okay to ignore another nation's wishes just because his people are under the umbrella of your own nation.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm

And Euskirribakondara, for some strange reason, does very much with my people ^^

My school starts today, so my loads of homework too, so I think that my RP'ing will go back to one RP per matchday.

Vulshain
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulshain » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:33 am

Dang it! What is it with all of this bad luck I've been having!? What the heck is wrong with my athletes!?

You would think my bad luck days were behind me when I won those medals on Day 3, but the bad luck just came back and it's worse than ever! Ugh! I can't seem to get break!

Although, this does give me an idea for a rp plot, where a bunch of politicians furious that my athletes have only managed to win three medals, start threatening to remove all of my nation's athletes from the Games if they don't win at least one medal of each kind (gold, silver, and bronze) by Saturday. Now, Cafundeu and everyone else, I'm not acting like a sore loser here, although I would like to win some more medals, I'm simply doing something where my athletes are piled with stress and pressure.

Is everyone cool with this idea? Oh, and don't worry, if I don't win any medals by this Saturday, I'm not really going to withdraw from the Olympics. I'll probably have someone overrule these arrogant politicans, letting my players stay in the games.

Thatius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:41 pm

You seem not happy about winning more medals. Some of us have not won one yet. So...it seems almost snobbish to me, but go ahead.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Chenkorya wrote:And Euskirribakondara, for some strange reason, does very much with my people ^^

My school starts today, so my loads of homework too, so I think that my RP'ing will go back to one RP per matchday.

Ok.... sorry for doing it. But I actually like the name Chenkorya, and it was because of the Chenkoryan vids on YouTube that I entered Nation States.... so It will stick with me for a LONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONg time.

Cafundeu
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cafundeu » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:53 pm

I noticed i made a mistake in some of the rowing events, qualifying just 9 entries. It'll be fixed tomorrow, by automatically qualifying those who should have had through the heats and having an extra repechage to fill the remaining spots. All of today's results are valid.
Monopolists' Sport Achievements:
World Cup Committee President (WCs 55-57)
Cup of Harmony 27 and 48 Champions; World Cup 44 runner-ups

AOCAF 33, DBC 15/17/18 Champions; BoF 19(WC32) runner-ups; Oxen Cup 1/8 Champions; WGPC9 Champions
DBC 16; OFC6; AOCAF27/30 runner-ups; Q-Cup 2 and Women's World Cup 11 Champions

Olympics: Host of V Winter Olympics and VI Summer Olympics - III Summer Olympics: best overall performance
Hosted: WWC8; BoF21 (WC34); BoF30 (WC43); BoF37 (WC50); CoH31; CoH36
HOST OF WORLD CUP 36, WORLD CUP 42, WORLD CUP 48, WORLD CUP 52 AND WORLD CUP 57

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 pm

There's been an oops...

Brianna Sagitta was not included in R4 of the women's archery; looks like Irene Paredes (COM), the archer she beat in the previous round, was advanced instead in error.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:And Euskirribakondara, for some strange reason, does very much with my people ^^

Ok.... sorry for doing it. But I actually like the name Chenkorya, and it was because of the Chenkoryan vids on YouTube that I entered Nation States.... so It will stick with me for a LONG LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONg time.

Well, don't stop doing it if you like it ^^ Your RP's are the only I read with hope you mention me! Hehe ^^
And I listen to Krytenia, he also mentions all the medalists ^^

Krytenia
Senator

Postby Krytenia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 am

Chenkorya wrote:And I listen to Krytenia, he also mentions all the medalists ^^

Glad there are people out there enjoying the KBS coverage; it'll be gone before the end of the Olympics, though, what with me being in Mallorca from Sep 3.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:31 am

Krytenia wrote:

Glad there are people out there enjoying the KBS coverage; it'll be gone before the end of the Olympics, though, what with me being in Mallorca from Sep 3.

OK ;)

Btw, you pronounced Kadriya Vandale wrong :p Go to the Dutch pronouncer at GT, you'll hear how to pronounce it :p

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 am

Sorry about missing the RP yesterday. I'm also enjoying Kry's coverage :D
Last edited by Shofercia on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:14 am

Krytenia wrote:

I love your coverage of the Olympics. Just a note, Mesoland is pronounced Mee-so-land, not Meh-so-land. Thanks! :p

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010

Postby Cyborg Holland » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 am

Has the cutoff been today?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports