NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 11 - series complete

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astograth
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Astograth » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:23 pm

“What do you think then?”

Errando Katzuso, team principal of Yogutz Lantzia, kept his mouth behind interlocked hands and took a deep breath before replying.

“We're underperforming, but it's nothing that can't be fixed yet. The car may be up to par, but as a team we are still lacking the international-level experience.”

Urtun Sisko, owner of Lantzia, leaned back in his seat, legs crossed, and glanced out of the team and company headquarters in Lermendia. He puffed on a large cigar before delivering his own opinion.

“Underperfoming. Yes. I would call second-to-last in the constructors' an underperformance. We have the tools and the brains to do better than this, much as we may be one of three teams entirely new to this competition. Farautoo are stepping up their game, though, and if we slip behind them Yogutz will not be happy in the least. Anyway, about the drivers?”

“Ah, yes! Well, Enaut is doing more or less as expected. After three races he's in a decent ninth place out of twenty in the standings. Considering he retired in Li-”

“Crashed. He crashed.”

“...yes, I'm sorry. Considering he crashed in Liventia, where points were certainly attainable, it's not a bad position at all. Marc has been inconsistent, admittedly, bu-”

Inconsistent? He's crashed out of two races. I wouldn't call that inconsistent, I'd call it reckless. Stupid. Not up to snuff.”

“...yes, I'm sorry. I recall his track record was brought to your attention during negotiations, he is certainly fast but not one of the more reliable drivers on the grid. Nevertheless he accrued four points in Liventia.”

“Considering he was on the second row, I don't find that encouraging.”

Katzuso held his boss' stare for a few seconds before lowering his gaze, thinking better than to further challenge an irascible millionaire. Sisko was an unpleasant man to speak to unless things were going perfectly.

“Would you suggest we do something regarding the drivers?”

The end of the cigar burned bright orange.

“Yes. This test session was a fluke for Rangneri, he knows the place. He's no better than the other two. If he doesn't improve, I want to see the girl. And if she doesn't work, I'll get on the phone with someone who will. This Calitman guy, perhaps.”

“Dalante Saceta, sir.”

“Do I look like I care what his name is? He's third and driving a sardine can with wheels, that's what matters.”

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm

VTF1 Recharge, Ready for Polarian Grand Prix

The Vilita & Turori Motorsports World Grand Prix Championship team will be entering the Polar Islandstates with added security after the Vilitan National Team has recently knocked the Polar Islandstates beloved terns out of the World Cup 62 Finals in Carpathia and Ruthenia.

Fearing the teams transporters could serve as a potential target for drunk and angry Polarian sports fans, the VTF1 crew has decided to transport in the dark of night to the paddock and will have 24 hour security at the hauler and in the paddock area.

Vilitan driver R.L. Cruisin will be staying at the track in the team spaces not looking to take any personal trips around the Polar Islandstates at least on this trip. R.L. Cruisin will be buoyed by a strong performance at the open test in Weatherdon at the Silver Coast Autodrome. Cruisin had the 6th best flying lap but 3rd best overall time showing the strong caliber of the VTF1 equipment. Teammate Stang Crax, true to form, posted the 4th best lap but posted the second slowest overall time.

Last edited by Vilita on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

Falcania
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Consistency. That was what he was lacking, Stang mused, as he nursed the car around the track. Consistency.

He knew that last lap had been pretty good. Glued to the line the whole way - not revolutionary, after all, the RBK cars were flying around this track for some reason. Julian had said... something about that. He hadn't really been paying attention.

The voices were still there, at the back of his mind. But they were blurred, and muted. Stang couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

He smiled inside his helmet, and swerved around corner 17 just a little wide. Ah, fog it. He compensated for the wild swing out, and powered out, having only lost a couple of tenths.

That was the problem though. Those tenths added up...
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Polarian Grand Prix

Free Practice session
Every team's second and test driver, as well as WGPC Works teams first drivers, took part in free practice. Drivers had two hours to set as many laps as they wished up to a limit of 40 laps. In free practice sessions, only lap times are recorded and not combined times.
Pos	Car	Driver			Team/Constructor		Best Lap	Invl	To best
1 T22 Sotil Morua Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:29.804
2 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:29.874 +0.070 +0.070
3 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia 1:30.050 +0.176 +0.246
4 T26 Nauja Panigoniak Yogutz Lantzia 1:30.063 +0.013 +0.259
5 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar 1:30.242 +0.179 +0.438
6 T27 Johannes Fagerholm Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:30.297 +0.055 +0.493
7 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:30.476 +0.179 +0.672
8 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:30.594 +0.118 +0.790
9 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria 1:30.693 +0.099 +0.889
10 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing 1:30.785 +0.092 +0.981
11 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:30.844 +0.059 +1.040
12 18 Ludwig Leviossa WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:30.946 +0.102 +1.142
12 T24 Jie Hui Tan RBK-Continental Racing 1:30.946 +0.000 +1.142
14 T28 Generoso Ramírez Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:30.980 +0.034 +1.176
15 T23 Seamus Donaghue Postbank Synergent Feria 1:31.476 +0.496 +1.672
16 21 Donal O'Connell WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:32.152 +0.676 +2.348
17 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:32.288 +0.136 +2.484
18 16 Karl Shumertstak WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:32.820 +0.532 +3.016
19 T25 Andrea McIntyre Team Revél-Celstar 1:32.956 +0.136 +3.152
20 17 Daniel Freldra WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:33.440 +0.484 +3.636
21 T30 Alexander Tingis WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:33.606 +0.166 +3.802
22 T29 Gaspard Villemarie WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:34.018 +0.412 +4.214
23 T31 Ryan Milner WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:34.758 +0.740 +4.954
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:40 am

OOC: Qualifying for the Polarian Grand Prix will be scorinated on Friday (23 Nov) in the morning UTC, with the race a day later, approximately 12 hours later than originally scheduled. Hopefully there'll be some RP to give bonus for, too…
Слава Україні!

Falcania
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:36 pm

Consistency!

Well, sort of. He'd been ironing out the mistakes. He'd also made sure he had drunk a whole, whole lot less than in the testing. He didn't need to drink, after all. He could quit it any time he wanted. It was just a crutch, that was all.

He blinked, and before he knew it, he'd covered three laps. Someone was talking in his radio - that's another thing he'd gotten better at, differentiating the radio from the voices - about coming into pit, he'd set the second-fastest lap for the whole session.

"Come on, I can do it faster! Come on!"

"No, Stang, that's your lot, your last lap came in. We stopped timing you."

"Gah."
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Asteran
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 08, 2008
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Asteran » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Jason Southwick pored over the timing data from the practice session, not looking for any one thing, but at everything. The sun had gone down hours ago, but Southwick kept working deep into the night. He heard a figure enter his office as he silently continued his work.

"J, you got a sec?" Southwick looked up and saw Marie Pitkanen standing in the doorway, holding a coffee cup in each hand.

"Uh, sure," responded Southwick, leaning back in his chair. He smiled slightly as Pitkanen handed him the cup. "Thanks. Two creams and a sugar?"

"Just how you like it." Southwick took a drink and smiled, knowing that Pitkanen had spiked his coffee.

"McConnell Blue, nice. I suppose you have other reasons for showing up?"

"Yeah. It's about the papers. I'm tired of the crap in the Sport and the Screws. Their reporters and photogs are driving me nuts. You know my mother in Oriska can't hardly leave the house without some tabloid type following her or digging through her trash or something like that. She called me last week in tears about them following her to my father's grave!"

"I understand your concerns, Mar. I hate them too. But," Southwick said, taking another drink, "we can't do anything about them here or there. They pay each track good money for that press pass and we can't deny them access if they have one. And they're still allowed free reign back home because of Mrs. Forrester's government."

"What about the nudes?"

"Nudes?" asked Southwick, confused. Pitkanen threw a copy of the Daily News on his desk and opened it to the sport section. Southwick was stunned as he saw full-color pictures of Pitkanen half-naked. "Where and when?"

"Best guess, July when I was in Belgravia. That was my private hotel balcony, and those bastards got pics of me." Southwick closed the paper and thought for a moment.

"Alright. We'll ban them from press conferences and such. The team can take the hit on penalty payments for it. And I'd give Alan a call, to explore your legal options."

"Already have. He's preparing my case and my mother's for harassment and libelous statements they've made." Pitkanen stood up and walked to the door, before looking back at Southwick. "Thanks for helping me out, J. And get some sleep, would you? You look like hell." Southwick laughed at the remark as Pitkanen left his office. He made a note on the paper before turning back to the timing sheets.

Weatherdon
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Weatherdon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:09 pm

"Put this on." Eilís said, draping a sport coat over the chair. He'd just finished one of his best free practice sessions of the season, and he was feeling slightly refreshed after the weekend back in Weatherdon. It'd been slightly troubling for him, going home having completed only one of three races he'd been in. Even worse was the fact that a large meet and greet session for the sponsors and fans. He'd done one of these at the end of the last season, and the hotel they'd hosted it at had to close the doors because the ballroom had gotten overcrowded.

"I've already got a coat to wear tonight." Marc answered, not even bothering to look up from his tapes. His team principal back at Gryphon's Mount, Andrew Marquette, had slapped him upside the head, and asked him what the hell he was doing. Marquette generally didn't get upset at his drivers, so Marc had known he was in trouble.

"Yes, I know your wardrobe quite well, Marc. But the coats you have are meant to be worn around friends, not to parties like this." Eilís responded, and laid a matching black and silver tie on his shoulder.

Marc sighed, paused the video on his laptop, and rolled away from the desk. "Tailored? You really do know me better!" he said, and slid the new jacket off of it's hanger, and onto the chair. Marc didn't want to go to the party; especially not in front of his sponsors. What would he tell them, that he would do better next time? Excuses were already thin for him, and his international career was already off it's track.

After buttoning his shirt, Marc slipped into the jacket, and put on a watch. Qualifying was in less than 10 hours, and he was off to a party...
Runner Up - Copa Rushmori IX, XI

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:40 am

Polarian Grand Prix

Qualifying
Drivers had one hour to set up to ten flying laps. Drivers will start based on their best lap time.
1 14 R.L. Cruisin Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:28.814
2 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:28.833 +0.019 +0.019
3 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:28.878 +0.045 +0.064
4 11 Vitaliy Aaltonen Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:28.926 +0.048 +0.112
5 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:28.929 +0.003 +0.115
6 1 Matthew Portland Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:28.956 +0.027 +0.142
7 7 Jason Evans Team Revél-Celstar 1:29.008 +0.052 +0.194
8 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing 1:29.041 +0.033 +0.227
9 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia 1:29.056 +0.015 +0.242
10 5 Thomas Colson RBK-Continental Racing 1:29.160 +0.104 +0.346
11 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria 1:29.236 +0.076 +0.422
12 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:29.408 +0.172 +0.594
13 9 Enaut Londoso Yogutz Lantzia 1:29.465 +0.057 +0.651
14 18 Ludwig Leviossa WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:29.611 +0.146 +0.797
15 3 Rado Semarche Postbank Synergent Feria 1:29.641 +0.030 +0.827
16 17 Daniel Freldra WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:29.717 +0.076 +0.903
17 16 Karl Shumertstak WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:29.863 +0.146 +1.049
18 21 Donal O'Connell WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:30.037 +0.174 +1.223
19 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:30.084 +0.047 +1.270
20 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar 1:31.105 +1.021 +2.291
Слава Україні!

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 am

Vitaliy jumped out of his seat and gleefully high-fived Lukas. He didn't even care that his team-mate had out-qualified him again. An all Obeveklig-Farautoo second row on the grid! It was better than even Aleksander Jordahl would have been hoping for, even in a home race. Giddy, Vitaliy ran to the pit crew and embraced most of them - saving a particularly long hug for Ronnie Kirinen. They had one of the most reliable cars on the grid and already one of their drivers had qualified in a podium spot. Could they be seeing history this weekend in Eysturoy? Vitaliy dared not dream that far ahead.

Ronnie went to guide Vitaliy towards the associated press that were starting to huddle around the home team's pit garage - there was no doubt that they would be the bigger story in tomorrow morning's papers, certainly more so than the Vilitan that secured pole - but as he looked for his lead driver, Ronnie couldn't find him. Craning his neck, he could just about see the black and yellow jumpsuit running back down the start/finish straight towards the Laugen Hairpin. Confused, he nonetheless grabbed Forbes in a congratulatory embrace for his third placed qualification, and smiled for the cameras.

Vitaliy had other cameras in mind however, and sprinting at full pace he finally reached the Laugen Hairpin and the grandstands situated there. The grandstands that Martinussen's loyal fans had chosen to use as their 'stronghold', of sorts, during the race. They'd given him a tough time in qualification - even through a helmet and the noise of the engine, the banners were visible even if the boos weren't always audible - and so now he was returning to give them the chance to see how much they hadn't affected him.

Taking off his helmet, he stood on the edge of the gravel traps with arms outstretched and feet apart, drinking in the boos and jeers like the sparkling wine his pit crew were sure to be enjoying. He starting conducting the vicious jeers like an orchestra, a beaming smile on his face. The cameras caught it all.

Laughing, Vitaliy turned and jogged back towards the pit complex, followed by the anonymous lenses of the cameras as he went. He might get a slap on the wrist for that later, but he chuckled to himself as he realised that he really didn't care. It was worth it.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

Vilita
Minister

Founded: Feb 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Cruisin Grabs Pole in Polar Islandstates

Lead Vilita & Turori Motorsports driver R.L. Cruisin claimed pole position for the Polarian Grand Prix after posting a best lap of 1:28.814 during the hour long qualifying session.

It is the first pole position for Cruisin and for the Vilita & Turori Motorsports Team, and it has come from the more unlikely source based on performances thus far during the 11th World Grand Prix Championships season, considering the flashy all-or-nothing performances of Falcanian teammate Stang Crax.

Crax looked nothing like the driver who finished second at the Grand Prix of Pacitalia - perhaps suffering from regional withdrawal having departed Atlantian Oceania for the shores of Rushmore.

R.L. Cruisin apparently will be rewarded handsomely by primary sponsor Vilaye energy drink should he follow up his grid position with a victory in the Polar Islandstates. The drivers contract supposedly contains a lower-than-average base salary with a large focus on incentive fees and sponsor exposure.

Cruisin will have his work cut out for him, however, if he is going to take first place and collect the big prize. Carvenlo Motor Racing driver Jai Kardaeri will surely be looking to out pace the inexperienced Cruisin on the start. Kardaeri, the championship points leader, was less than 0.02 seconds behind Cruisin in the qualifying session and it is likely that whichever one can keep their nerves in the opening laps will be favored to keep the advantage, barring any mistakes, throughout the event, with what appear to be equally matched cars.

In order to buy into that theory, however, Cruisin will have to convince himself that Crax's poor performance was due to the drivers possible state of Inebriation, rather than due to any subpar qualities in the race vehicle.

Crax qualified in the 12th position with work to do to climb back up into the points paying places. The only other local driver in the competition, iBen Toralmintii, has had a terrible time with his WGPC Works ride since unloading in the Polar Islandstates, and will roll off the grid from the 19th position.

-¤-¤-¤World Cup 20 Champions¤-¤-¤-¤-¤-¤World Cup 68 Champions¤-¤-¤-
-¤-¤-¤World Cup 77 Champions¤-¤-¤-

Region: Atlantian Oceania - The Home of Sport

The Chosen Caste of the House Cygnus
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Chosen Caste of the House Cygnus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:38 pm

Edward Masterson lay in the hotel bathtub, the television outside the door of the bathroom blared the news, Edward tried to block it out as he sunk beneath water of the bathtub. An empty bottle of imported red wine bobbed around his feet, dancing in the tiny wakes created by Edward's slow, deep breaths; his grandfather's service revolver dangled outside the tub from the tips of his fingers, he took great care in smuggling this artifact into every country his travels brought him, usually by fixing it to the undercarriage of a tour van.

Another hour had passed since he had sunk into this tub of ephemeral comfort, Edward could tell this because the news-cycle on tv outside the bathroom had come back to his story, or rather, the story that should be his. The more that he thought about it, the more he was glad the story was not about him, him the looser, him the last place qualifier, him the... the worthless heir.

His fingers tightened around the finely machined piece of metal; his sister was a championship shooter, but for some reason he was never interested in learning to fire a gun, it might have been the violence of it; outside of his personal fits of passion, he deeply resented the destructive nature of violence, and the distinct lack of grace that it carried.

He lifted his arm, his grip was loose, he didn't care that he wasn't holding the gun right.

A shot rang through the air, then another, then the third and final shot.

And silence: the television outside the bathroom was thoroughly perforated with low-calibur lead. Though silence never lasts long; a small pop from the television followed by some screams from an adjacent room rattled the night air.

Defeated, Edward sank back into the tub.

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:21 am

Polarian Grand Prix

Race – 59 laps
Pos	Car	Driver			Team/Constructor		Time/behind    Interval
1 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:31:00.853
2 14 R.L. Cruisin Vilita & Turori Motorsports +17.300 +17.300
3 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing +40.083 +22.783
4 5 Thomas Colson RBK-Continental Racing +47.341 +7.258
5 11 Vitaliy Aaltonen Obeveklig-Farautoo +1:10.538 +23.197
6 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia +1:14.330 +3.792
7 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria +1 LAP LAP
8 9 Enaut Londoso Yogutz Lantzia +1 LAP +23.251

9 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports +1 LAP +10.650
10 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar +1 LAP +23.178
11 18 Ludwig Leviossa WGPC Motorsport Works Two +1 LAP +3.022
12 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three +1 LAP +3.666
13 21 Donal O'Connell WGPC Motorsport Works Three +1 LAP +10.392
14 3 Rado Semarche Postbank Synergent Feria +1 LAP +2.046
15 17 Daniel Freldra WGPC Motorsport Works One +2 LAPS LAP
16 16 Karl Shumertstak WGPC Motorsport Works One +2 LAPS +23.560
NC 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two RET Lap 53
NC 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing RET Lap 33
NC 7 Jason Evans Team Revél-Celstar RET Lap 14
NC 1 Matthew Portland Carvenlo Motor Racing RET Lap 3

Driver standings
Pos	Car	Driver			Team/Constructor	
1 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing 52
2 1 Matthew Portland Carvenlo Motor Racing 38
3 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 29
4 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two 28
5 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar 28
6 3 Rado Semarche Postbank Synergent Feria 25
7 14 R.L. Cruisin Vilita & Turori Motorsports 25
8 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing 24
9 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports 19
10 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria 14
11 9 Enaut Londoso Yogutz Lantzia 11
12 5 Thomas Colson RBK-Continental Racing 10
13 11 Vitaliy Aaltonen Obeveklig-Farautoo 8
14 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia 8
15 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1

Team standings
1	Carvenlo Motor Racing		90
2 Vilita & Turori Motorsports 44
3 Postbank Synergent Feria 39
4 Obeveklig-Farautoo 37
5 RBK-Continental Racing 34
6 WGPC Motorsport Works Two 28
7 Team Revél-Celstar 28
8 Yogutz Lantzia 19
9 WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1
10 WGPC Motorsport Works One 0

Constructor standings
1	Carvenlo Motor Racing		90
2 Vilita & Turori Motorsports 44
3 Postbank Synergent Feria 39
4 Obeveklig-Farautoo 37
5 RBK-Continental Racing 34
6 WGPC Motorsport 29
7 Team Revél-Celstar 28
8 Yogutz Lantzia 19
Слава Україні!

World Grand Prix Championship
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby World Grand Prix Championship » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:54 am

I've spoken about this [and the eventual outcome] to PIS. If you'd like to follow up on this RP angle please clarify any doubts before doing so.)

MEDIA STATEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Driver charged with misconduct

Eysturoy, POLAR ISLANDSTATES— The World Grand Prix Championship Organisation (WGPCO) confirms that race stewards at the Polarian Grand Prix have unanimously taken a decision to charge Obeveklig-Farautoo driver Vitaliy Aaltonen (car number 11) with misconduct.

Additionally, the WGPCO Disciplinary Committee (DC) has charged the driver with a further count of misconduct as well as with bringing the sport into disrepute.

Race stewards determined that the driver's actions following the qualifying session posed a threat of a safety breach at a race event. A statement was taken from both the track's chief marshal as well as the local police commander overseeing the event, who both indicated they were unable to rule out the possibility of fans throwing items onto the track or breaching security fencing during the incident.

The DC determined that Aaltonen had a case to answer for breaching two articles in the WGPC Personnel Regulations –
Rule 15(b). Race drivers are expected to conduct themselves in a manner expected of a World Grand Prix Championship driver;
Rule 19. No person associated with the World Grand Prix Championship, its teams, its partners, or its sponsors, may bring the sport into disrepute with his actions, behaviour, or comments.

Aaltonen therefore faces the following charges:
1. Misconduct by encouraging a safety breach at a race event;
2. Misconduct through failure to conduct himself in a manner expected of a World Grand Prix Championship driver;
3. Bringing the sport into disrepute

Additionally, the Obeveklig-Farautoo team have been charged by the DC for failing to ensure the proper conduct of its drivers.

The driver has been summoned to face the stewards following his fifth-place finish in today's race to answer the first charge.

The driver and his team principal, Aleksander Jordahl, will face a DC hearing on the other charges ahead of the next race in Kelssek.

For misconduct, the driver may be formally reprimanded, fined, penalised grid positions or suspended.
For bringing the sport into disrepute, the driver may be formally reprimanded or fined.
For failing to ensure the proper conduct of its drivers, the team may be formally reprimanded or fined.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:09 pm

Pure ecstasy. That was the only way that could even come close to describing the feeling that Lukas Forbes was having right now. Seventeen seconds ahead of his nearest competitor !! Forty seconds ahead of Jai Kardaeri !! The Jai Kardaeri. Not only that, but he had done it at a race that he really hadn’t expected to win. He had come into this weekend hoping for another points performance, to really get a run of form going. Now, the twenty-five (twenty-five !!) points he picked up at Eysturoy had propelled him to third in the driver’s championship, only behind the Carvenlo drivers, both legends of the sport. This was what he wanted to be.

A winner.

It still hadn’t really sunk into the Licentian’s brain when he was in the holding area, before he went out to the podium to face the crowds of fans who would either love him for winning for OF, or hate him for beating Aaltonen again. He didn’t care what happened. All that mattered was that all of that planning, all of that practise, all of that waiting, it had all come to fruition. He could finally stand on top of that podium and celebrate.

He turned and shook hands with both Cruisin and Kardaeri, before simply wandering around for what felt like an hour, in complete disbelief. He knew this feeling. He had felt it many a time winning races back home. But this...this was different. This wasn’t Hessington Island. This wasn’t the streets of Abingdon. This was an obscure course, in the frozen north of Rushmore, where he knew nobody.

A man in official clothes rushed in, and ushered the three men to the podium, in front of thousands of people. Lukas closed his eyes, to stop tears rushing down his face. This was the most emotional that he had ever felt. He was passed a trophy by some obscure diplomat, and a bottle of champagne by another. He knew the routine. He pulled open the bottle, and let the chilled liquid shoot out, pointing it at his face, almost to prove to himself that this moment was real.

This was what victory felt like.

He regretted it as soon as it had left his mouth. The question shouldn’t have bothered him. Vitaliy was stupid to taunt the crowds, and he knew that his teammate had done the wrong thing. But Aaltonen was his friend, and Lukas wasn’t one to allow criticism of his friends to fly over his head.

The question shouldn’t have bothered him. It was none of his business what the Disciplinary Committee did. It wouldn’t affect him in any way. All the blame was on Aaltonen and Jordahl. Lukas knew it wasn’t the right thing to say, but he couldn’t stop himself.

“Mr Forbes, what do you say to those who call your teammate, Vitaliy Aaltonen, idiotic and stupid for his recent actions ??”

The question shouldn’t have bothered him.

But it did.

“I’m sorry, but that is utter horseshit. If Vitaliy felt the need to do that, for whatever obscure reason, then he needed to do that. Now, can we talk about my victory, if you don’t mind.”
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Kelssek
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kelssek » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 am

MORE QUESTIONS FOR REVÉL-CELESTAR AFTER POLARIAN GP
by: cyberetoile.ks staff with files from Ross Hamard

The top brass at Team Revél-Celestar are coming under fire following a torrid weekend in the Polar Islandstates that the team will want to put behind them. It's far from the ideal lead-up to the team's home grand prix in Outineau.

Not simply the failure of either driver to score points -- and Jason Evans exiting the race by wildly overshooting a turn and rearranging his car's nose assembly on lap 14 -- but an off-track incident involving Edward Masterson has seen questions being raised over the team's management.

The team are downplaying reports today that a firearm was discharged in Masterson's room the evening before race day. Sources at the hotel, as well as law enforcement in Esturoy, are refusing official comment pending inquiries into the incident. Masterson, who was unhurt and raced the next day, was not detained before leaving the country and is reportedly already enroute to Outineau.

While Masterson appears not to have been physically harmed, the incident has added credibility to concerns over his mental stability. Local sports psychologist Gerard Charbonneau believes this could be a facet of Masterson's personality hinting at underlying problems.

"Often what in layman's terms you might call 'Type A' personalities are a way of coping with deeper issues. I would encourage Mr. Masterson to perhaps consider becoming a client of mine, at very reasonable rates eligible for supplemental RAM-Beaulac subsidies."

Sources at a major Revél-Celestar team sponsor have also revealed to L'Étoile in recent weeks that Masterson's behaviour had already raised concerns from the beginning of his Revél-Celestar career.

"Not just the marketing and sponsorship departments, but the higher levels of the company have been quite concerned about Mr. Masterson since the news of his signing was made known," according a marketing executive who asked not to be named due to concern that their employment might be compromised. They added that Revél-Celestar was aware of these concerns at the "highest levels".

Revél-Celestar are falling off the pace after a strong start to the season and fans will be hoping Masterson and the underperforming Jason Evans can pull it all together.

NSN commentator Greg Cartriss says the simple way to deflect controversy is to produce results on the racetrack. "No one asked questions while Masterson was getting on podiums. And if he gets back to racking up the points and racing hard, the questions will stop. They need to focus on using the home grand prix to reset and get things back on track."
Last edited by Kelssek on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

World Grand Prix Championship
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby World Grand Prix Championship » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:15 am

MEDIA STATEMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Stewards' charge not proven

Eysturoy, POLAR ISLANDSTATES— The World Grand Prix Championship Organisation (WGPCO) confirms that race stewards at the Polarian Grand Prix held a charge hearing for Obeveklig-Farautoo driver Vitaliy Aaltonen (car number 11) following the Polarian Grand Prix in relation to the driver's actions following the qualifying session.

Aaltonen faced a stewards' charge of misconduct as stewards determined that the driver's actions posed a threat of a safety breach at a race event. A statement was taken from both the track's chief marshal as well as the local police commander overseeing the event, who both indicated they were unable to rule out the possibility of fans throwing items onto the track or breaching security fencing during the incident.

Following a 90-minute hearing, the race stewards were unable to come to a unanimous decision regarding the charge and thus the charge has been found not proven.

No further action will be taken against Aaltonen on this charge, but the driver still faces a Disciplinary Committee hearing on two separate charges.

Falcania
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:28 pm

"Eh."

"Bad night?" The barman asked?

"Could say that." The phase of the evening for fancy cocktails was over. It was the wrong mood. Crax was hitting the house wine hard.

It was a hotel bar. Just another hotel bar, in another mid-range hotel, in another layover city inbetween races. By now, Crax had been in enough hotel bars to learn to love how they were all, all over the world, effectively the same. It was comforting.

"Hey... do I recognise you?"

"Maybe," Crax said. He tapped the team baseball cap on the bar beside him - striped teal and orange, the VTM and G&T logos emblazoned brightly.

"Hey, you're that Grand Prix driver!" The barman smiled.

"You want an autograph?"

"Sure! Can you make it out to Freddie?"

Crax scrawled on the back of his tab. "To Freddie - Thanks for the drinks! Crax."

"Cheers!"

"Don't mention it." Crax's face was hard to read - Falcanian faces often were for low men. Nevertheless, the barman's face grew an expression of mild concern.

"Hey, you alright, dude? You've been hitting the sauce pretty hard."

"I'm celebrating," Crax said with an element of finality. "For my teammate. Took home a silver, you know."

"Well-"

"Look, buddy. Freddie? Keep 'em coming."

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:08 pm

Grand Prix du Kelssek
Grand Prix of Kelssek

Free Practice session
Every team's second and test driver, as well as WGPC Works teams first drivers, took part in free practice. Drivers had two hours to set as many laps as they wished up to a limit of 40 laps. In free practice sessions, only lap times are recorded and not combined times.

1 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar 1:14.729
2 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:15.005 +0.276 +0.276
3 T22 Sotil Morua Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:15.232 +0.227 +0.503
4 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing 1:15.233 +0.001 +0.504
5 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia 1:15.360 +0.127 +0.631
6 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:15.406 +0.046 +0.677
7 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria 1:15.683 +0.277 +0.954
8 T26 Nauja Panigoniak Yogutz Lantzia 1:15.731 +0.048 +1.002
9 T24 Jie Hui Tan RBK-Continental Racing 1:15.780 +0.049 +1.051
10 T23 Seamus Donaghue Postbank Synergent Feria 1:16.066 +0.286 +1.337
11 T25 Andrea McIntyre Team Revél-Celstar 1:16.117 +0.051 +1.388
12 T28 Generoso Ramírez Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:16.334 +0.217 +1.605
13 T27 Johannes Fagerholm Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:16.563 +0.229 +1.834
14 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:16.594 +0.031 +1.865
15 21 Donal O'Connell WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:16.675 +0.081 +1.946
16 18 Ludwig Leviossa WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:16.804 +0.129 +2.075
17 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:16.811 +0.007 +2.082
18 17 Daniel Freldra WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:17.116 +0.305 +2.387
19 T31 Ryan Milner WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:17.358 +0.242 +2.629
20 T29 Gaspard Villemarie WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:17.823 +0.465 +3.094
21 T30 Alexander Tingis WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:18.033 +0.210 +3.304
22 16 Karl Shumertstak WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:18.171 +0.138 +3.442
23 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:18.709 +0.538 +3.980
Слава Україні!

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:15 am

"Hello, what's the matter? The look on your face really irks me somehow," the barman asked.

"Yeah, sort of, bits of the remaining driving taste still stuck in my mouth," Jie Hui replied the barman as she took a piece of peanut lying in a bowl.

Cracking open the peanut and beginning to chew on the nut that is inside it.

'Taste of what? Jealously, optimism or what? The bits of driving taste you meant? I think you meant you lost the race or something?" the barman inquired further as he tried to find out what's wrong.

'You know jet-lag, I have got some racing car lagging here to fight off."

"Sick of driving already? Come on you want an autograph session right here, look at those patron. Laying so lazily on the couches, brighten up the night and maybe your "car-lagging" should stop." the barman continued on as he finished shaking a cocktail that he has been holding on and pouring it into a glass, making sure that the little movement that he made is accurate and ensuring that the cocktail didn't spill over and added some final touches to the glass itself.

"You are good in this stuff man, consider yourself working here as small barman who can only stay on and make a small buck or two every week."

"Nah, just a little trade of mine Ma'am, you will know it when you retire from racing you see, you should try and take like slowly."

"Good stuff young man, such inspirational and wise words at such a young age?"

"I've been out here in the society for quite a few years now, experiencing so much but I chose to confine myself here you see, looking at things from the perspective of a barman, someone that not everyone appreciates but looked down upon as just a random person at the counter in the bar everyday serving drinks and taking down orders like a robot. Well even robots get their respect don't they?"

"I see young man, they do."

"Well drink is on me Jie Hui, I have seen you race in the recent Grand Prix du Kelssek, it is a challenging circuit to race on actually, keep up with those handling philosophic type of driving or what shit you run on."

"Yeah thanks for that. You want to have an autograph session here don't you Mister?"

"Go ahead if you wish, it is not everyday that a Grand Prix driver comes in here to give everyone a free meet and greet session, why not?'

"Very well, I will try to gather them here."
Last edited by Mapletish on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Falcania
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:41 am

"I've worked it all out! I know it."

Stang didn't know who these people were. The women were loud, and the men were drunk. The drinks were expensive.

And the music was very, very repetitive.

Stang swigged his twelve-talon bottle of beer, and shouted above the club. "It's the pressure of it! I do well in the practice, when the pressure is off!"

"What?" One of the guys said, staggering the group over to the bar. "Yeah, I'll have a Brownfire and coke. His tab."

"I said," Crax continued, "That I do better when the pressure is off! And then I play it safe, overcompensate, in the qualifying."

"What?"

"Then when the race comes around, I'm too far back on the grid, I'm not competitive enough. I'm too cautious! Does that sound like me?"

"No, man!"

"I know! Hey, what're you drinking? It's brown!"

"You want one?"

"Sure!"

Weatherdon
Attaché

Founded: Apr 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Weatherdon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:01 pm

World Grand Prix Update: Rangneri picking up after disappoint start
by Miku Alaso, F1 Reporter
SILVER COAST, WEATHERDON

Free Practice for Kelssek finished yesterday with Rangneri setting the fifth fastest laptime. It is a refreshing sight for sure, seeing him back to the fast laps, but honestly, he hasn't been able to translate these practices to high qualifications, and even when he does, he mucks up and finishes lower than where he starts. Overall, he's sitting at fourteenth out of twenty. Yogutz Lanzia, the team he is currently signed to is in dead last, a disappointment to all.

Fortunately, he managed to pick up a few points in the previous race, doubling his total to eight. He feels that the test session in Weatherdon was what he needed to perform a "hard reset" on the season.

Continue to read Final Drive Magazine for full coverage of the World Grand Prix Championship.
Runner Up - Copa Rushmori IX, XI

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Grand Prix du Kelssek
Grand Prix of Kelssek

Qualifying
Drivers had one hour to set up to ten flying laps. Drivers will start based on their best lap time.
1 15 Stang Crax Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:14.463
2 6 Marie Pitkanen RBK-Continental Racing 1:14.526 +0.063 +0.063
3 7 Jason Evans Team Revél-Celstar 1:14.620 +0.094 +0.157
4 8 Edward Masterson Team Revél-Celstar 1:14.640 +0.020 +0.177
5 9 Enaut Londoso Yogutz Lantzia 1:14.833 +0.193 +0.370
5 18 Ludwig Leviossa WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:14.833 +0.000 +0.370
7 1 Matthew Portland Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:14.873 +0.040 +0.410
8 2 Jai Kardaeri Carvenlo Motor Racing 1:14.904 +0.031 +0.441
9 11 Vitaliy Aaltonen Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:14.950 +0.046 +0.487
10 19 Jordan Dalante Saceta WGPC Motorsport Works Two 1:14.965 +0.015 +0.502
11 3 Rado Semarche Postbank Synergent Feria 1:15.071 +0.106 +0.608
12 4 Xabier Overtoon Postbank Synergent Feria 1:15.073 +0.002 +0.610
13 12 Lukas Forbes Obeveklig-Farautoo 1:15.115 +0.042 +0.652
14 14 R.L. Cruisin Vilita & Turori Motorsports 1:15.208 +0.093 +0.745
15 17 Daniel Freldra WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:15.415 +0.207 +0.952
16 10 Marc Rangneri Yogutz Lantzia 1:15.740 +0.325 +1.277
17 5 Thomas Colson RBK-Continental Racing 1:15.754 +0.014 +1.291
18 21 Donal O'Connell WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:15.881 +0.127 +1.418
19 20 iBen Toralmintii WGPC Motorsport Works Three 1:16.118 +0.237 +1.655
20 16 Karl Shumertstak WGPC Motorsport Works One 1:16.327 +0.209 +1.864
Londoso handed better grid position (5th) over Leviossa (6th) by virtue of season performance
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:58 pm

"No grip, no grip, no fucking grip!"

The voice on the radio came on. "Understood, Matt. Just do what you can. We think the rain will lighten up in the next minute so stay out there on the inters, come through the pits if you must."

"For crying out loud, guys, I'm coming in. Put some fucking wets on this bitch please."

"Roger. You're currently 11th on the grid, hopefully full wets will help."

"How's Jai doing?"

"Currently P9 on inters, which is why we think you should stay out on this set."

"Not happening. These tyres aren't working for my car. What's the telemetry showing?"

"We think inters will suit your set-up better, mate, but you know your car."

"Leave me alone. I know what I'm doing. Full wets please; I'm coming in this lap."
Last edited by Liventia on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!

Polar Islandstates
Senator

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Polar Islandstates » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Aaltonen climbed out of the car and took his helmet off. He briefly considered throwing his helmet down in disgust, even raising it in his hand with anger, but then thought better of it, and simply let it swing by his side limply instead. Ninth wasn't a total disaster, given the circumstances.

Turning and walking through the pit past his car towards the back door. Catching Jordahl's eye, he raised his eyebrows. Jordahl said nothing, but shrugged and smiled a weak smile. He turned and looked behind him as Forbes' car entered the garage slowly and parked in the other space, revving loudly and closely followed by Kirinen. For all his heroics the previous meet, he hadn't done as well as he'd been expected to do, and so Aaltonen left his fellow driver and the strategist to their talking. He ran a hand through his sweaty and greasy hair, taking off his balaclava, and walked towards his trailer to shower.

Letting the water run down his face and relax his shoulder muscles, he let the stress of the last few days slide away for the smallest amount of time possible. The water was rather hotter than he'd have wished for, in an ideal world, but that wasn't enough of a bother for him to slip from his silent meditation and fiddle with the antsy and unpredictable controls. One fraction of a millimetre to the wrong side and he'd in cold water sooner than he could blink. It'd be like swimming in the Sea of Three Kingdoms - which Aaltonen reasoned was an experience he'd done once and didn't want to repeat.

The heat soon frosted the glass of the shower. Without thinking, he enjoyed the isolation the heat and fogged up booth allowed him. A little steaming cocoon.

His phone rang on the worktop around the sink, the harsh vibration of the muting system rattling what felt like the entire trailer. Aaltonen opened his eyes. The light-up screen shone white, its rectangular shape left dulled and rounded by the frosted glass windows, like a beacon for the real world to alert the under pressure driver to its presence. 'You can hide in your shower, Vitaliy, but we'll still be here when you get out.'

He'd qualified well, with an okay time. The team wouldn't be looking too hard to emulate their success in the Motorbana with any hard conviction, but to challenge for a podium place in the future wouldn't be so far out of achievable reach. With his decent starts, a ninth place position gave Aaltonen a decent chance of that, he knew that, and their car was pretty much the most reliable on the tour. That was reassuring, but, in the face of their comparative lack of straight line and corner speed, not enough of a cutting edge with all likelihood.

Still, before he could even think about the race, he had to face a hearing from the WGPCO. Jordahl and Kirinen had both told him not to worry too much, and Kirinen had given him the most supportive statements he could have hoped for. But he couldn't hide the fact that he'd enjoyed his little stunt at the Motorbana rather more than he should have done, and that might count against him in the hearing.

Time to focus on the race tomorrow, though. He turned the shower off and stepped into the cold. He checked his phone. Kirinen, nothing sinister. There'd be time for the press to catch up with him later though, of that he had no doubt.
The True Valhallan Federation of Polar Islandstates - Pop. 51,500,000
Capital: Franz Josef City - Demonym: Valhallan (Polarian) - Trigramme: PIS
sportnyheter.vu - Ides of March Cup
Champions: WC67, CR XIX, CR XVIII, CR XV, CR X, CR VIII, DBC56, DBC20, RLWC11, RLWC10 Runners-Up: WC66, WC65, CR VI, DBC29, DBC55, WCoH18
Third: WC70, WC68, WC57, CR XII, DBC27 Fourth: WC56, CR XXII, RLWC13, RLWC9, WCoH17
“Aut Pax Aut Bellum” - A formerly closed nation that definitely isn't fascist now. The strongest and one true constituent member of The Valhallan Union
He/Him/His

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports