NATION

PASSWORD

World Cup 69 RP Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:36 am

Feministvs Sanctvsterra Finally Goes Too Far

(SP) Feministvs Sanctvsterra crossed one line too many today, murdering Consul Venicio Piazza of the Federation of Free Republics. While Gregoryisgodistan claims credit for the act, the Republicans have already captured the assassin responsible, who has confessed, not only to the assassination of Consul Piazza, but also to the assassination of King Paulus XV. She was also caught red-handed attempting to assassinate Samuel Izmailov, a prominent politician in the Free Republics. The evidence of her guilt is overwhelming and it is certain that she will be executed, which is exactly what she deserves. "I want to thank those responsible for the capture of the whore who murdered my father. You have my gratitude and the gratitude of all of my loyal subjects. I now call upon whomever is in charge, at the moment, in the Free Republics to extradite her to my Kingdom immediately, so that she may face swift justice. I desire to see to it that she gets exactly what she deserves on international television, as a warmup before my upcoming wedding to my beautiful bride, the future Queen Veronica. The people of both my Kingdom and of the Free Republics need closure, so that both of our nations may celebrate my upcoming wedding. I want the people of the Free Republics to know that you have my unconditional support in your time of need and I ask that we take this opportunity to strengthen the traditional special relationship between our nations. May God Bless the FFR, in its time of need." - King Petrus XX

Prior to today's match in the Free Republics, pitch inspectors from Gregoryisgodistan arrived to investigate the pitch, eventually agreeing to hold the upcoming match against the Saintland National Soccer Team in Republica. According to reports from Republica, the pitch inspectors thoroughly inspected the pitch and found no issues with it. At some point prior to the start of the match, the assassin shot Consul Piazza twice in the head and once in the back. The Consul is believed to have passed away, instantly. The assassin then must have taken her seat, waiting to attack her second target. She apparently went into Izmailov's luxury box shortly before halftime, sticking a knife in his back at the first opportunity. However, she was caught in the act and is reportedly being held, at the moment, in a maximum security prison in the Free Republics.

During questioning, the assassin admitted that she had assassinated King Paulus XV, the father of King Petrus XX. She also admitted that she was a feminist and had committed the act on behalf of Feministvs Sanctvsterra. The evidence in this case is overwhelming. We now have definitive proof that Feministvs Sanctvsterra is not just committing acts of terrorism, but that they are also funding assassins. One can only wonder how the apologists for Feministvs Sanctvsterra around the multiverse will attempt to explain this situation.

On the following day, the Saintland National Team was ready to face Olastor, attempting to complete a perfect half Qualifying campaign for the first time in their history. Saintland's best qualifying performance to date had been their 12-1-1 performance in World Cup 68 qualifying, which saw them defeat every opponent not named Vilita en route to World Cup qualifying before even managing an upset over Valanora on the opening day of the World Cup. Saintland had, somehow, picked up a victory in monsoon-like conditions on a field in Alundas that had been completely soaked. By some miracle, the Alundas goalkeeper accidentally kicked the ball into his own net in the 76th minute, in a match where it was clear that neither team would be able to get the necessary footing to even take a decent shot at the goal.

The big news of the day, in Saintland, was the arrest of some smugglers who had been intending to smuggle illegal copies of Enslave Rule Theriault into the Free Republics. It turned out that they were Progressive activists from the Free Republics, who actually thought that they could get away with breaking into the St. Petrus offices of RCES. They were arrested as they attempted to leave Saintland with numerous copies of Sister Polus's School Reformator, a poorly regarded Saint game that was not selling especially well and which would not have, under normal circumstances, received such a large print run. They thought that these SaintCards actually included Enslave Rule Theriault, but Prince Andreas had discovered their plot, stopped the presses and fixed them. However, he also added RFID-based tracking devices to the game cases. These specific RFID tags were monitored carefully after the games were released into inventory at stores. Sanctii Customs monitored the data from these specific RFID tags continuously, waiting until somebody attempted to smuggle them out of the Kingdom. When the smugglers attempted to take the games with them on a flight to the Free Republics, they were detected and arrested for burglary, sabotaging foreign relations and production of content on the Index Librorum Prohibitorum with intent to distribute.

Between the capture of the assassin, the "proven" links to Feministvs Sanctvsterra and the capture of these smugglers, the Sanctii government was finally having some sort of success in accomplishing their goals. The only thing that they had left to do was to defeat Olastor's surprisingly-overachieving team and reach 7-0-0 for the first time ever in World Cup Qualifying. Surprisingly, everything was actually going right for Saintland, for once.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Kiryu-shi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiryu-shi » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:11 pm

Dear [Redacted],

I find myself spending more time wondering how you pass your days. It’s been dreary over the past few days, with a few torrential downpours over the weekend. It really does feel like the beginnings of the rainy season. I remember you always used to relish this time of year, and we’d go out and play in the hardest of these early rainstorms when I was little. [Redacted] never was as much of a fan, she always complained about her wet feet and her wet clothes. But I used to love it. I walked home from work today, and even though it wasn’t the same, it still felt good to feel the rain pouring down onto my head. Do you get to see the rain? Or go outside in it at all? But even if you could, I somehow doubt it’d be the same without having a warm shower to get back to afterward.

I hope at least that the sound of the rain brought back some fond memories. I remember you liking that as well.

I suppose I shouldn’t get too sappy on you, though. After all, the Kiri did win yesterday with a score of… six to one. And with ORCA Bay finding a way to shut out Kandorith to steal three points, we are now only tied in points with Vaugania, although we lead them with our head to head win and on goal differential. Watching the match yesterday on TV, there were a lot of people in the stands. And there is a definite sense of optimism around this squad from even pretty casual fans. I’m still afraid it will all come crashing down on us in the second half, and I know you’d urge caution in this particular instance. The team is still incredibly inexperienced, and it’s honestly miraculous that opponents haven’t attacked us with more physicality so far.

Mehdonesia, though. I had read that they had a great opening couple of games in these qualifications, going toe-to-toe with Nephara before dismantling ORCA Bay in their second match. But ever since Kandorith absolutely dismantled them in their third match, also six to one, they’ve been in a complete tailspin. To their credit, they’ve battled in some games according to the reports, and they haven’t been held scoreless since Nephara. But it really seems like the players don’t have any confidence in their manager, Stan Jockall, and his presence on the sideline just seemed… bizarre. I don’t quite understand what he was doing, but after we scored out first goal, fairly early on, he just seemed to lose it. He was certainly high-energy and appeared to be making his presence conspicuously felt, but I do not think that players were reacting to him in the way that he was hoping for. And the celebration when they put one in to make if five - one with twenty minutes left? The players seemed to understand the gravity of the situation, but Jockall just seemed oblivious to the reality of their situation. And the assistant manager seemed to be wanting to distance himself from the Manager himself, which doesn’t seem to be a good situation.

As for the play itself, it seemed clear that Mehdonesia didn’t have an answer for our play on the wings. The rain was holding up temporarily, and they just didn’t have an answer for our speed and the type of positioning we were employing. On their left side, Andy Heweer was keen to attack, especially when playing with a deficit, and therefor was relatively easy to play out of position. And on their right side, Skanda Salvage was consistently playing closer to the center of the pitch, trying to help with the center backs. Which predictably left them exposed to our style of play. As for our squad, it seems we’ve struck a bit of balance with the formation we’ve been using recently. Melby Francis has been in nice form since her debut, and once again was a force throughout the first half. She was once again replaced in the second half, but the press releases that have come out of the Sakaino University camp have all been praising her work ethic in building up her stamina. Ueno wasn’t as much of a presence today, possibly because she simply wasn’t needed. We were able to press Mehdonesia into mistakes and maintain possession deeper on their side of the pitch - d’Étaples and Hendrickson were standouts in terms of running down the ball and overwhelming their respective wings. And Hamasaki finished with three goals, none of them spectacular, but she has truly been on point with her ability to finish so far throughout qualifications.

At the same time, it’s difficult to truly gauge team based on this game against a squad so clearly dispirited and unhappy with their manager. It’s a good sign we were able to take advantage of the situation, especially with the crowd on our side, but traveling to Kandorith and facing a squad who is hungry to take possession of the group is going to be a significantly more meaningful test.

Despite being shut out, the Kandorese still easily are pacing the group in terms of goals scored. Some of our domestic sports reporters are even suggesting that the Red Dragons were overlooking ORCA Bay in anticipation of our match, especially since we have emulating their style of football, in a sense. And when they are playing in that Huanghzhé Stadium of theirs, well, all the reports say that it can be an incredibly intimidating place to play. And they certainly have real aspirations of progressing deep into the World Cup.

Anyway, I think we’ll get a sense of how realistic it will be to remain optimistic with the Kandorith match. I’m still certainly on the more cautious side, but I can’t help but be excited, and hopefully our results are a bit better than against Nephara. We’re still employing the same starting eleven as we have been recently, with Hamasaki and Melba upfront, a midfield of Burke, d’Étaples, Hendrickson, and Ueno. And Crooks, Mizushima, Irby, and Cole defending in front of Romero, who has looked more or less steady albeit unspectacular.

I hope you are well, and that the rain is providing you with at least some of the same memories that it was able to provide me.

Sincerely,
[Redacted]
Champions: Baptism of Fire 21, Di Bradini Cup 24
Second Place: Cup of Harmony 26
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 27, Di Bradini Cup 23
Qualified: World Cup 37, World Cup 61-66

Kandorith
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2009
Capitalizt

Postby Kandorith » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:29 pm

ORCA Bay Stun Kandorith

Group 17                                          Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Kiryu-shi 6 5 0 1 17 6 +11 15
2 Vaugania 6 5 0 1 13 5 +8 15
3 Kandorith 6 4 0 2 21 8 +13 12
4 Nephara 6 4 0 2 10 7 +3 12
5 Terres de Gaulles 6 2 1 3 10 16 −6 7
6 ORCA Bay 6 1 1 4 7 16 −9 4
7 Arkiasis 6 1 0 5 4 14 −10 3
8 Mehdonesia 6 1 0 5 8 18 −10 3

No one knows what happened in the match against ORCA Bay, no one knows where the golden generation of Kandorith was. A lot of questions remain after a 1 - 0 loss in a vital spot. The only way Kandorith can maintain themselves now is to win the match against Kiryu-shi. If they lose that match; it might be all over for the most promising team in Kandorese history.

"I don't know." Coach Yúan answered on the question what had happened on the pitch earlier today. "It seems the team was too over confident and did not press enough as they should have. I will make sure that the team shapes up and keeps up their pressure game for all upcoming matches." He continued. "It is unacceptable and dishonarable we lost in such a way. Now I don't doubt ORCA Bay's abilities, but our team was a complete laughing stock and a disgrace right there. I will take a no zero tolerance stance against complacency and overconfidence. Kandorith has to qualify, we have the quality, the team, the experience, everything. We can not let down the fans back at home and the fans who travel to every match of the national team. The training grounds will be way more disciplinary now; no excuses and no more easy going. We have to shape up for the upcoming matches and we have to win." Said the obvious mildly annoyed coach, Yúan.

Strong words from the coach, this is the way the nation remembers him from the First League; confident, strict and taking a zero tolerance stance against losing matches. Without a doubt the team will shape up with the old Xíanshí Ganbatte mentality. A team that barely lost while he was the captain there. There will barely be any lineup changes according to Yúan, apart from Taiji handing over the captain's position to JieJie. A daring chose but he is up to it Yúan exclaimed. "I see more leading capabilities in JieJie's performance, he is a born leader and trained to be a leader, it would be a shame to let those talents go to waste." he said. "I don't doubt Taiji's abilities either, but he should focus more on defending the midfield and passing the ball around, not captaining the squad. If JieJie performs well in the next match, we might look at a star in the making captain." according to Yúan.

A daring change, a clash of cultures and perhaps already the most important match of the qualifiers. Kandorith will play Kiryu-shi in the next meeting; two sides who have never met, but two sides with similarities in both culture and mentality, a true clash of the titans. The team is ready for it, the motivation is high and the discipline will be turned up a notch. Jiayou Kanyúo!
Great Empire of Kanyori | 大宮来国 | Arashi Kanyori Yokoku

Overview | Constitution | Anthem | Imperial Anthem | Armed Forces | Foreign Affairs | Emperor

Hikari Kyoyu Headlines:
BREAKING NEWS: LDP wins elections in landslide though Yoshiro Murakami will not return as prime minister they stated. | Latest technology showcased at the Empress Masumi Stadium as the January Tech Summit starts for the weekend | CDP claims LDP stole the election and will take legal steps against the election results

Hicana
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hicana » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:35 pm

One
Two

"The first pick of the 2014 NationStates Football League will be awarded to..."

The commissioner drew a ball out of a hat with a flourish. Inside, every scout hoped that the miniscule chance would come true and the Esportivans would have a shot at their top choices.

"Atlas!" Atlas, with a horrible record possible because their only real player was Estenia, had placed dead last in the season by a wide margin. They had a deal lined up with Eastedge already and it was extremely probable that they would pick him first.

"The second pick of the 2014 NationStates Football League will be awarded to...Rushmore!"

"As will the third!" the commissioner cried, drawing another ball out with even more flourish. Rushmore was lined up to pick Polite and Isles, third and first on the Esportivan draft board.

Esportiva was projected to go fourth, and if they could, then they could easily select Cata Larga, fourth on their board, to use as a sub up front.

"The fourth pick will be awarded to..."

Larga was extremely underrated, but a few other teams had recently found out about him. If they didn't get fourth pick, who knew what would happen.

"Esquarium..."

Esquarium didn't know about Larga and it was rumored that the striker was in the late twenties on their draft board. That was a relief.

"who have traded the draft pick to AO!"

Goddangit.

This was going to be a problem.

"In fifth, Esportiva!"

"And the final draft pick, Atlantean Oceania!"

This was not going to be good.
THE HOLY SOVEREIGN STATE OF HICAÑA
President: Antonio Sandoval
Population: 650,000 (plus 550,000 in Nevo Esperanso)
Area: Something around the size of Tirana (plus a Bangladesh in Nevo Esperanso)

We're going through another phase right now. REMOVE INFIDEL!

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:39 pm

WORLD CUP LXIX, GROUP 1
Back on Top.

In what had to be the most impotant match of the group on the preview charts, two teams on the same level now had the chance of facing each other. With rather similar backgrounds, at least on football national team level, what with one team missing the chance of playing the World Cup at Free Republics and Legalese last year and the other one ended up wouldn't mind missing the chance of playing last World Cup after being downed by Super Llamaland of all people on what the media pundits could only describe as "referee blindness" and both sides being very interested on returning to the World's showcase with their aim set for a good performance to take their last participations out of consideration.

However, playing at the rather big ShiFT Project Sports Arena, at the eastern part of Aeneas; the Sunrisians decided to avoid the common mistake of thinking their opponents are out of their league and played well enough with their starters against a rather respectful Mizuyukian side. Indeed, the Sunrisians played an A-game against what was before the match, the first place of the Group. The Sunrisians had something to prove against Mizuyuki. As much as the team had been playing well enough game after game, the match against Mizuyuki was a key game and the draw against HopNation was still eating a bit of the Sunrisians' trust on the Vaporeons.

Felipe Maniche before a "Shoryuken" celebration from the sole goal for the Sunrise

The first half was combative, both sides simply couldn't get a move to open up the score. The Mizuyuki-jin certainly did make some scratches, impressive of a squad with such low age, that had Tsuchimikado Mikoto and Isshiki Mika turn into pains that Mellody Sioux quickly put to rest whenever she could. When she couldn't, the bar was there, saving the day for then. Not that the Vaporeons weren't trying, though: the crazy dribbles of Abuda, Café and Alcouin were opening holes throughout the defense of Mizuyuki and Takanashi Kiyoko had a tough game on her way against the always crafty Sunrisian offense, however, she could handle not allowing any goals in.

The second half saw both sides making rather unexpected changes. The Sunrisians benched Hawk and Redwing for reserves "Grasshopper" and Granada while Kurumi opted for Izawa Airi over Uryū Kaori. Both sides were not too eager to keep the tie and the second half only proved it. It would come, however, to the last thirty minutes when Felipe Maniche got a foul from a rather unexpected tackle by Ishio Mifune, which was even more surprising given how light the girl was to still knock down the Paulista with it. Maniche got back to his feet, looked up to the goal and kicked the ball with a finesse shot to the top left angle of the net. The Sunrisians only did proper protection and won, at last, the game. Mihashi Chiyo smiled from the bench, clapping with the rest of the bench players as the Sunrisians stole the top spot of their group. The next game of the group, sadly, is against Thatius, a more experienced side the Vaporeons aren't really looking forward to face, but, just like with Mizuyuki, the Sunrisians could be just playing along for a surprise strike against the most-storied opposition.

OTHER NEWS:
> REGIONAL LEAGUES: A look at the New Capitalian League of Soccer

Small-size teams believe on "Minor Team + Nostalgic Regional Value" to be the formula of success.
> REGIONAL LEAGUES: Daughter of former NSIFC's president, Monaliza's debut at Western Sunrise will have to wait
Porto Velho unsure of their future at the LigAnaia end up resulting on "extended vacations" at Original Seven League's Jaunepont Rendezvous.
> REGIONAL LEAGUES: Lynder LFA still girls-only
"We know these are new days we are in." said team's president Pepita del Oro. "But tradition is tradition."
> COLLEGE FOOTBALL: NSICA confirms two teams joining the First Division
Manhattan Heights College and Metropolitan University officially make the jump, still unknown what conference both teams are joining.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Miley World
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miley World » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm

Miley World beats Free Republics, Consul Piazza of Free Repulics has been murdered during the game

Miley World beat Free Republics 2-1 on a tragic day for Free Republics. Miley World's soccer team arrived at the Gem of the Oceans Stadium in Free Republics two or three hours before the game starts and they were practicing when two pitch inspectors arrived and inspected the field. One of them inspected around the players and even asked them some questions about the field. The game started as scheduled and the players had no idea what was about to go on. Consul Piazza was shot two times by a feminist activist and died instantly. The feminist activist later tried to kill another important leader of the Free Republics, but was caught red-handed. Samuel Izmailov was taken to the hospital but his status in unclear.

The players had no idea what was going on and the game started as scheduled. Free Republics scored early, at the 9th minute Faredin Pozenel hits the ball with his head and the ball goes into the net. 1-0 for Free Republics. Free Republics kept attacking but Dodô kept denying them and made two beautifull saves. Koby Theodore hitted the post at the 36th minute. The score remains 1-0 for Free Republics at the halftime. During the halftime, Miley World's players were told that Consul Piazza has been assasinated and a girl was just caught attempting to murder a senator. Most Miley World players were shocked when they learnt about it, but they stayed focussed after the shock was passed, unlike Free Republics players who were affected by the events. Ashley Johnstone and Vladimir scored at the 71st and 85th minutes and Miley World won 2-1 Despite Miley World's victory and greatest accomplishment ever in Miley World's sporting history, our win wasn't much celebrated because of the events that took place during the game. Everyone in Miley World were shocked to learn that a feminist activist comfessed this double assassination plus the assassination of King Paulus XV that happened a few months earlier. The Morning Sun, the most readed newspaper in Miley World, would like to offer our sympathies to Consul Piazza and Senator Samuel Izmailov's families and friends.

Results & Standings

New South Aqmuland 2–0 Ekoz
Free Republics 1–2 Miley World
Hutt River 3–4 The Sarian
San Jose Guayabal 5–3 Czarch

Group 8                                           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
1 San Jose Guayabal 6 6 0 0 26 11 +15 18
2 The Sarian 6 5 0 1 12 7 +5 15
3 Free Republics 6 4 0 2 15 8 +7 12
4 Hutt River 6 3 0 3 17 13 +4 9
5 Miley World 6 2 2 2 10 9 +1 8
6 New South Aqmuland 6 1 1 4 5 15 −10 4
7 Czarch 6 1 0 5 7 17 −10 3
8 Ekoz 6 0 1 5 5 17 −12 1

Matchday 7

Miley World's next game is at home against Hutt River at Miley Stadium in Traceborough, Miley World. All 45 000 tickets have been sold and 3 300 fans from Hutt River will travel to Miley World. With a win, Miley World could pass by Hutt River in the standings, though the odds of us winning are slim.
Miley World embassy program: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=302332
Miley World domestic sports leagues: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139410
football (soccer): unranked
american football: unranked
hockey: unranked
baseball: unranked

Miley World's official twitter: @MileyWorld_NS follow us!

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:54 pm

The Master Plan, part 1c

Preparation Cycle, Game 4 @ The Cauldron, Firewood, Fourge

01 [GK] Paolita TACCARDI    19 y/o Hastmead Diamante
02 [RB] Esperanza MOLINA 18 y/o Arcaea County
03 [LB] Theodore PRINCE 22 y/o Firewood City
04 [CM] Angelica CAPIELLO 29 y/o Hastmead Diamante
05 [CB] Fabricio GALLARDO 22 y/o Trothwands Evolution
06 [CB] Cristiano MAZZA 20 y/o Blacktube Village
07 [RW] Darell MARSHALL 22 y/o Firewood City
08 [CM] Roque ACOSTA 28 y/o Firewood City
09 [CF] Faustino BARONI 20 y/o Trothwands Evolution
10 [AM] Lucio LAZZARANI 20 y/o Arcaea County
11 [LW] Tobias CLARKE 23 y/o Firewood City
12 [GK] Nicodemo BARONI 18 y/o Blacktube Village
13 [GK] Gianluca BOTTEGO 20 y/o Firewood City
14 [CF] Brendon ARMSTRONG 18 y/o Parania Albion
15 [DM] Salvador JUAREZ 16 y/o Firewood City
16 [CB] Ezio BATTAGLIA 18 y/o AFC Homentat
17 [LB] Sofia AGRETTO 18 y/o Firewood City Stars
18 [CM] Yazmin VELÁSQUEZ 24 y/o Hastmead Diamante
19 [DM] Ramiro FIGUEROA 16 y/o Trothwands Evolution
20 [CM] Nicholas ARMSTRONG 31 y/o Hastmead Diamante
21 [CM] Fabio MANCINI 16 y/o Hastmead Diamante
22 [CM] Nicola COSTELLO 20 y/o Hastmead Diamante
23 [CB] Nathaniel PORTER 20 y/o Trothwands Evolution

Osarius  3–0  Sandwich Territories      | Attendance: 53,296
Clarke 17 | Conditions: 22C, intermittent light rain
Lazzarani 47 | Starting Lineups
Marshall 72 | * Osarius
| * Sandwich Territories (Unavailable)

A squad made up of mostly Hastmead and Firewood players was always going to go into the match with high expectations, but few would have anticipated such a convincing scoreline. It could be argued that the result flattered Osarius a little, but there can be little argument against their victory. Firewood's flying wingers Clarke and Marshall were constant threats -- and surprisingly both played the entire ninety minutes; perhaps owing to the lack of alternative options on either wing -- strengthening their claims to be a part of Osarius' World Cup qualifying campaign.

Arcaea's playmaker Lucio Lazzarani was perhaps the star of the show, though, creating one and scoring another in his hour of playing time. His replacement, sixteen-year-old Fabio Mancini, would have received extensive praise under different circumstances. The teenage midfielder looked assured on the ball, running at opposing players from deep positions frequently, though Elissa Barca-Carthy was less-than-impressed with his defensive work. "He did very well, considering his age, but it's clear he still has a lot to learn. We'll be monitoring him closely." The Osarius assistant manager said, post-game. The gaffer was less critical, comparing the Hastmead midfielder to a younger version of himself. "I was a bit like him at Firewood when Benedict di Corradi was still around. He told me off a bit, said I was too reckless with the ball, but I turned out alright in the end, didn't I?"

Jermain Lewis: Post-Game Notes
Add to pool for qualifying cycle:
Paolita Taccardi, Fabricio Gallardo, Roque Acosta, Tobias Clarke, Darell Marshall, Lucio Lazzarani, Angelica Capiello
Bright future:
Fabio Mancini, Ramiro Figueroa
Monitor closely:
Nicola Costello - undoubtedly capable, seemed to struggle in three-back system. perhaps not entirely used to the burden of creativity in such circumstances. further trials required.
Esperanza Molina & Theodore Prince - both capable in the wingback role, but not as convincing when asked to play purely defensively. could still be useful options against certain opposition.
Other notes:
Perhaps the most flexible squad of the preparation cycle, though not completely convincing in any system tested. Different players excelled in different roles, not always useful for national team. Need to find a way to get the best out of as many as possible, as too much talent here to go unused.

Preparation Cycle, Game 5 @ JNV Arena, Jraxville, Dynapolis

01 [GK] Rosie MUNRO        20 y/o Triumph Network Corps
02 [RB] Natalie REID 20 y/o Kronkow United
03 [LB] Alexander SCOTT 17 y/o Cymrwell FC
05 [CB] Emanuele RIVIELLO 25 y/o Free Agent
06 [CB] Alisa ROBERTSON 17 y/o Cymrwell FC
07 [RM] Manuel YBARRA 22 y/o Charleston Athletic
08 [CM] Cristobal SALCEDO 19 y/o Dynamo Druz
09 [ST] Carol AITKEN 23 y/o Hackden Town
10 [ST] Isaac BARKER 21 y/o Real Jraxville
11 [LM] Brooke MILLER 21 y/o Real Jraxville
12 [GK] Peta-Gaye LEWIS 19 y/o Real Jraxville
14 [LW] Alex MARSHALL 20 y/o Shanak FC
15 [CB] Perry JAMESON 18 y/o Altrinston United
16 [CB] Kathleen PERKINS 22 y/o Weestock United
17 [RB] Lily BLACK 20 y/o Triumph Network Corps
18 [RW] Adrian NICHOLLS 19 y/o Kronkow United
19 [CM] Isaac HARRIS 21 y/o FC United of Dynapolis
20 [DM] Damien O'HARA 17 y/o Cymrwell FC
21 [LB] Jemma PECORARO 16 y/o Charleston Athletic
22 [CB] Luca MILANI 18 y/o FC United of Dynapolis
23 [CM] Gavin MITCHELL 16 y/o Shanak FC

Osarius  0–1  Equestrian States         | Attendance: 41,882
| Conditions: 22C, strong coastal winds
| Starting Lineups
| * Osarius
| * Equestrian States (Unavailable)

Osarius' youngest preparation cycle squad were a little unlucky to lose this one. Equestrian States fielded a similarly experimental squad for this matchup, and capitalised ruthlessly on Alisa Robertson's fifty-third minute error to grab the eventual winner. Questions will be raised over the performance of Osarius' midfield in this one, as they failed to create many chances, despite generally maintaining control in the middle. Lewis will perhaps see this one as a failed experiment due to the lack of attacking impetus in the game. It is arguable that the strong coastal winds in Jraxville affected the team's ability to complete long passes, but this doesn't explain the lack of short passing moves that have become characteristic of Osarian football in recent years.

While the experience of Emanuele Riviello was a welcome anchor to an otherwise young and somewhat erratic defence, Osarius desperately needed a similar presence at the other end of the pitch. Late in the game, young Gavin Mitchell provided a needed spark, but it was too much to expect a sixteen-year-old to inspire victory (or even an equaliser). The bright spark for Osarius throughout the game perhaps, was their consistent dual threat on the left flank. Shanak's left winger Alex Marshall linked up well with both of Jermain Lewis' teenage options, Alexander Scott and Jemma Pecoraro, though none of the three was able to find the perfect final ball. Isaac Barker will be disappointed with his performance, as he failed to adequately hold the ball up and bring his strike partner into play, something which will not have escaped the notice of the gaffer.

Brooke Miller, Manuel Ybarra, Emanuele Riviello, Luca Milani, Alex Marshall, Natalie Reid
Bright future:
Alexander Scott, Jemma Pecoraro, Damien O'Hara
Monitor closely:
Gavin Mitchell - assured in possession, but perhaps needs refinement on decision-making
Alisa Robertson - reminiscent of young Katherine Holland, but at fault for winning goal. Subbed early second half after performance seemingly dropped. Because of mistake?
Other notes:
Despite young age of most players in this squad (more teens than other squads) they handled going behind well. Milani in particular impressive when replacing Robertson, surprisingly mature performance. Worrying lack of creation from wide midfielders, despite obvious quality. Need to reconcile reasons. Poor striker movement?

Preparation Cycle, Game 6 @ The Ursinopolis, Utica, Tubriss

01 [GK] Efrain SUAREZ       20 y/o Utica United
02 [RB] Damian FONSECA 30 y/o Utica United
03 [LB] Arturo MONTE 26 y/o Utica United
04 [CM] Roberta PEREZ 20 y/o Fort Mare FC
05 [CB] Raymond DEL REY 17 y/o FC Barciddia
06 [CB] Pepe BATISTA 19 y/o Muirford Athletic
07 [RW] Paolita BRUNO 18 y/o FC Barciddia
08 [CM] Estefania PELAYO 28 y/o Utica United
09 [ST] Giorgia CARUSO 25 y/o Utica United
10 [AM] Sergio MORA 24 y/o Utica United
11 [LW] Barbara PUGH 23 y/o Paper Tree Town
12 [GK] Tommaso RIZZUTO 20 y/o Paper Tree Town
13 [GK] Bartolo MONTEFORTE 17 y/o FC Barciddia
14 [LW] Ysabel ORTIZ 21 y/o Utica University
15 [CB] Patrick STEVENS 20 y/o Partingdale United
16 [CB] Sandro GATTI 19 y/o Kart Hago
17 [RB] Susana GRANA 27 y/o Utica United
18 [RW] Ismael DIAZ 22 y/o Partingdale United
19 [CM] Adoria DELGADO 16 y/o Maharia United
20 [CM] Damian MUNOZ 17 y/o Utica United
21 [CB] Elena ORTIZ 20 y/o Utica University
22 [RB] Vito QUIROZ 16 y/o Paper Tree Town
23 [CF] Beatriz MONTEZ 22 y/o Alissar Phoenix

Osarius  1–0  Apox                      | Attendance: 59,000
| Conditions: 33C, dry
| Starting Lineups
| * Osarius
| * Apox (Unavailable)

In the oppressive heat of the Tubrissian desert, the talented youngsters of Utica United (and Utica University) were the nourishing oasis the nation needed after the disappointment of defeat in Jraxville. The victory was hard-fought, however, with Apox playing resolute football, matching the pressure applied by the Firebirds as well as could be expected. When the breakthrough eventually came -- in the seventy-ninth minute, no less -- it was predictably the result of a defensive error. For all the pressure applied by the relatively experienced Osarius lineup -- which included the likes of under-25 starlets Caruso, Mora and Grana -- they struggled to create many clear chances. On the flipside, Efrain Suarez and his love of sweeping up behind Osarius' high defensive line arguably kept Jermain Lewis' side in the game.

Efrain Suarez, Arturo Monte, Susana Grana, Sergio Mora, Paolita Bruno
Bright future:
Pepe Batista, Raymond Del Rey, Bartolo Monteforte
Monitor closely:
Beatriz Montez - Looked okay during brief cameo, but coming from lower league team, may struggle to adjust to big stage.
Ismael Diaz - Showed sparks of brilliance, but ultimately overshadowed by Paolita [Bruno]. Pressure too much?
Other notes:
High pressure strategy viable, if risky, in higher temperature climates, as expected. Efrain Suarez a solid option to offset danger of direct counterattacks when pressing a well-organised defence.

Preparation Cycle, Game 7 @ Elishat Stadium, Burningham, Mount Crown

01 [GK] John DALEY          21 y/o Violia FC
02 [RB] Gabrielle HARRISON 18 y/o Burningham City
03 [LB] Diane CARTHY 20 y/o Inter Alepio
04 [CM] Emilio TAPIA 20 y/o Real Rajahara
05 [CB] Juan TAPIA 23 y/o Violia FC
06 [CB] Samuel ASHDOWN 20 y/o Real Rajahara
07 [RM] Adrian BOYLE 22 y/o Burningham City
08 [CM] Alex HAMILTON 22 y/o Burningham City
09 [ST] Marco PUNTORIERO 19 y/o Violia FC
10 [LM] Marianela REYES 21 y/o Violia FC
11 [ST] Nunzio PALOMBO 20 y/o Violia FC
12 [GK] Oscar MOLINA 20 y/o Burningham City
13 [ST] Caleb CALLAGHAN 16 y/o Burningham City
14 [ST] Nathan CALLAGHAN 17 y/o Burningham City
15 [CB] Susan AITKEN 25 y/o Burningham City
16 [CB] Gennaro MARIANI 17 y/o Violia FC
17 [LB] John WELLS 19 y/o Burningham City
18 [RW] Chester JOHNSON 17 y/o Real Rajahara
19 [CM] Luigi PESCIANO 18 y/o Harinnet FC
20 [CF] Jemma GARGANESE 20 y/o Fulsea upon Elishat
21 [RB] John CHAMBERLAIN 19 y/o Violia FC
22 [LW] Mia O'CONNOR 22 y/o Olympic Crono Polytes
23 [CM] Todd ROBINSON 16 y/o Burningham City

Osarius  2–5  San Jose Guayabal         | Attendance: 71,298
Palombo 8 Zelaya 34 | Conditions: 18C, moderate rain
Reyes 23 Fraser 45, 60 | Starting Lineups
Bregoo 82 | * Osarius
Moreira 89 | * San Jose Guayabal (Unavailable)

A shock defeat in Osarius' "homecoming" game soured what has been a largely impressive run of performances in this "preparation cycle". The home side started strongly, taking complete control of the game with two early goals (and a whopping seventy percent possession), exploiting the space in midfield left by San Jose Guayabal's defense-heavy formation (they started with five at the back). While it would be easy to criticise Osarius' players for throwing away a two-goal lead so emphatically, credit must go to Paatelainen for his astute tactical changes.

After switching to a 3-1-3-3 -- which Jermain Lewis noted was similar to the problematic, unpredictable attacking system of Futbol Aquilliano -- the visitors became an entirely different beast. A silly free kick conceded by Diane Carthy in a dangerous area was punished ruthlessly, swinging momentum against the home side. An equaliser on the stroke of half time was utterly deflating for the young Osarian side, and prompted Jermain Lewis into action at half time.

Luigi Pesciano's introduction at half time sparked some life back into the Firebirds, and he was able to link with the Callaghan brothers -- who had replaced Palombo and an uncharacteristically quiet Marco Puntoriero -- but Henry Hernandez was equal to them. John Daley, on the other hand, had something of a shocker. The nature of the defeat will certainly raise some questions over Lewis' system and whether it is the all-purpose tactical solution he seems to think it is, though few alarm bells are ringing for now. If Osarius should face San Jose Guayabal again during the coming World Cup cycle however, they must be prepared, or Lewis will certainly be under fire.

Gabrielle Harrison, Marianela Reyes, Juan Tapia, Emilio Tapia
Bright future:
Chester Johnson, Luigi Pesciano
Monitor closely:
Marco Puntoriero - oddly subdued, barely got a shot on goal. Possible fatigue or perhaps something more serious?
Caleb & Nathan Callaghan - solid tandem, though not entirely on the same wavelength as midfield, chances mostly created by each other. Try them with better suited midfielders?
Other notes:
Looked strong against a seemingly defensive system early on, but failed to adequately cope with adjustments in opposition system. SJG reverted to a style reminiscent of Futbol Aquilliano later in the game and caused a lot of problems much like Aquillian did in the Rabastor Trophy. Midfield swarming could be an underlying weakness in the system currently in use, need to assess and make sure this is not a fatal flaw. Possibly just the result of lower quality midfield players, further investigation required.
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

Star United States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Two Ties & A Crisis!

Postby Star United States » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Image Star United States Image
The World Cup 69 Qualifiers
☆★ Two Ties and A Crisis! ★☆

Previous Editions: Roster of Star United States; Here We Come; First Glimpse; One Day Closer;Match Day One Preview;Day One Out and Over; World Cup Qualifiers - Day Two; Diasters Throughout;Fourth Time's A Charm; A Draw & A Problem;

Two Ties

Star United States has tied their last two games, against Zwanguzg and New Wolfopolis!

World Cup Qualifier
New Wolfopolis 3 : 3 Star United States
Lupinia Pavilion, Lupinia, New Wolfopolis

The national soccer team of Star United States departed from the Star International Airport, one of the only two opened in the whole country due to the extreme weather conditions, last night and travelled to New Wolfopolis. Lupinia to be exact.

Star United States needed a win, and so did New Wolfopolis, but neither of the teams were completely disappointed from one point of view. In the point of view that they both received one point. A tied game is better than a lost game.

During the first half of the game, New Wolfopolis dominated at their field, scoring three goals on the 18th, 26th, and 44th minute!

Minute 18: The Starian defenders Andrews, Solo, and River attempted to prevent one of the hosts' forwards to cross through, but as they approached the forward player, the ball was passed to Pendelon, a player of the Wolfpack, and he quickly managed to pass it back to Spear, who was completely unguarded at the moment. Spear kicked the ball into the goal net, where Spark, goalkeeper of Star United States, tried to make a save, but failed in the attempt. The roar of happiness throughout the crowd in the stadium was amazing!

Minute 26: Captaan Pollard, of the Wolfpack, received a pass from Good, who received a pass from Clement, who stole the ball from Stafford [of SUS], approached the net and kicked as hardest as possible. The ball hit the lateral post, as well call it, and bounced back onto the field to the hands of (Well, not hands of: feet of, but it's just an expression) Walker, who passed it to Pollard, and kicked it into the goal, completely catching Spark off guard.

Minute 44: When nothing could've gotten worst for the Starian team, minute 44 came around. Pendelon revived the ball from Pollard, who along with Good managed to break the Starian defense line. Pendelon kicked the ball into the net from about the penalty spot, and scored.

The first half ended at minute 45+2, with the hosts way ahead of the visitors three to nothing. As the start of the second half, Luke, coach of Star United States, switched Garrison out and replaced him with Richard Jamerson. Garrison was not able to play due to an injury on this left leg. During the second half, Star United States dominated on the foreign field, scoring on the minutes 62, 79, and 89.

Minute 62: Gonzalez, part of the three G's of Star United States, received a short distance pass from Soarison, after he managed to get through the hosts' defensive line. He didn't hesitate to kick the ball towards the goal net. The ball was blocked back into the field by the goalkeeper of New Wolfopolis, but it went back to the feet on Gonzalez, who took the chance, since the goalkeeper was on the ground, to kick. He scored. The stadium was dead silent at this moment, awkward much.

Minute 79: With less and less time to play, and since fire was added from Gonzalez's goal, another goal came in favor of Star United States. Gasteiz, another member of the 3 G's, quickly managed to head-butt the ball into the goal after a Starian player kicked from a corner of the field. This goal placed more fire and hope in Star United States.

Minute 89: Star United States was about to lose the game, when a miracle happened in favor of Star United States. Defender Lim ,of the Wolfpack, elbowed Soarison in the back. Soarison was carried out injured, and replaced with Thomas Scout, and Lim received a yellow card. Since it happened in the "box", as we call it, a penalty kick was called in favor of Star United States. Garrison was chosen to kick from the penalty spot. It all depended on him, and he closed his eyes, opened them, and looked up. In one motion he ran and kicked. The ball hit the post, and bounced right into the goal. The happiness on his face was very noticeable as he smiled as they ran out to celebrate the goal.

The referee ended the match minute 90+3. Star United States managed to tie the game, winning one point.

A Crisis!
Today in the morning President Chris Cross announced the following:
"I am sad to announce that the tunnel the leads the the underground bunkers is blocked by large stones. As our teams were going through the tunnels, we encounter this obstacle. I am proud to announce that food factories are opening up and we will have food for two more days or so, and that we have sent a special team to create a safe path through the stone. We ask everyone for their support. I am very sorry, and thank you. May God be with us."

The Bunkers of Woodbed, Golden, Riverside, and SeaShore will not be receiving any food until any further noticed due the obstacle encountered in the tunnels, and since food can be provided above ground because of the weather conditions. The SeaShore Bunker, as reported, only has enough food for two more days. They have to make that work from about five days, meaning everyone will be served less portions of food until the supplies can arrive. The other bunkers can last for about five more days, and accordingly, the food supply is to arrive in about five days, less if the weather conditions get safer, due to the obstacle encountered in the tunnel leading to these bunkers.

The citizens in the bunkers are asked to remain calmed in the situation, as the government and many organizations are trying to do their best to have the food arrived as soon as possible. As soon as the message of the obstacle arrived to the Presidential House, President Cross ordered for the "Digging Teams" to be sent. It will take about six hours for them to arrive, and they should be arriving in about an hour or so to the location of obstacle. It is unknown how long they will take to crave a safe path, due to the fact that is it unknown how much space the stones are taking up in the tunnel.

The President of Star United States also just said the following on national broadcast TV: (National Broadcast is also shown in the bunkers)
"We do not know about how the citizens of the bunkers are reacting to this news, since none of the bunkers have reported in about it. We do know that people will do much for food, and we want to get the food to the locations before anything bad happens. We also want to remain those in the bunkers and those who are angry about this that we are working alone, no other country is helping us, and that we are doing all that we can. We ask for everyone to remain calmed and the government will be informing you of anything that is too happen. Thank you and good evening."
Last edited by Star United States on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chiata
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chiata » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Science or Fiction
Part 5

Z-Day +4

Stephan arrived in Nor' Del at 2:00 am. He walked out of the airport and got a taxi that drove him to his apartment. With his sample locked away in a suit case, Stephan went to his bedroom, placed the suit case down and crashed onto his bed. It had been several days since he had had a full night is sleep so he fell into a slumber instantly. However, his dreams were haunted with nightmares about Hydro-X, or the more known name of the Zombie Flu. After a long night, Stephan went to the Reaserch Building and got to work. First things first, he cut off a slice of the sample and looked under a microscope. There were microbes that were all over the piece, but that was perfectly normal. Then, things began to get interesting.
Stephan noticed that only one species of microbes around the muscle tissues. A few times a minute, they would ripple at varying times, seemingly randomly. As a result, the muscle tissue would move along with the microbes causing the entire muscle piece to have microscopic contractions. This definitely was not any form of hydrophobia. Stephan quickly message the government.

After a short microscopic review of sample tissue from a deceased victim, I conclude the disease is not a form of Hydrophobia. Special microbes appear to control muscle tissue. They appear to do their contractions separately and are uncoordinated with each other. I will continue to research the microbes and attempt to get the microbes to work in conjunction with each other and perform organized muscle movements.

Across the nation, in Woodville, an ICBM platform was readied for use. Orders have been sent in: "Prepare to fire. Target: Villitova. Objective: eradicate infected." The operators turned the key that unlocked the launch codes. The operators punched their parts of the code. The President radioed in his approval. The plastic covering box was flipped up. The platform shook as five conventional ICBMs took off, headed for their own capital.
Member of Esportiva-----KPB Ranking: 29-----Founder of the Runner Cup
Champions: 1st IDLO Ultimate Cup, Runner Cup One
3rd Place: IBC 15
Quarter Finals: CoH 62, CoH 63, CoH 64, IBC 14, CE XIII
Round of 16: WC 69, BoF 52, CoH 66, CoH 67, CE XII, IBC 16, IBC 17
Qualified: WC 76, CoH 58, CoH 60, CoH 65
Playoffs: WC 71, WC 72, WC 73
Highest KPB: 24 (Post WC 69)

New Montreal States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby New Montreal States » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

"Joe?"

"Yes, Georges?"

"Why are we leaving the Republic of Vietnam in a helicopter?"

****************************************************************************************************************

"Look, we really need to get on that helicopter."

"Tôi đã nghe nói rằng một trong những trước"

"It's our job. We need to get on that helicopter to interview the Paladins."

"Hoặc người nào khác những gì? Đất nước đang sẽ bị tàn phá bởi Cộng Sản?"

"Look, I admit that this whole crowd of reporters probably wouldn't have fit on that helicopter. But would it really kill you to have let two or three of us on board?"

"Có một số hàng ngàn bạn xếp hàng trên những cầu thang và trên mái nhà."

"And what are we going to do now? This might cost us our livelihoods, you know."

"Được một người nào đó sẽ thực hiện bạn cho thất bại của bạn?"

"Huh?"

"Nghĩ như vậy."

"That sounded rude."

"Không, đây là thô lỗ: mẹ của bạn rất tốn tinh dịch như nó sẽ ra khỏi phong cách."

"Go jam a diacritical mark where the sun doesn't shine, asshat."

"Yeah, cậu bé người Pháp, những gì bạn có kế hoạch để làm gì về nó? Tôi có ba từ cho bạn: Điện Biên Phủ."

****************************************************************************************************************

"No, really, this helicopter doesn't seem particularly safe."

"Ain't found a way to kill us yet."

"And it would be nice to be in an air-conditioned airplane body, just to get out of this 95 degree, 195% humidity hellhole."

"My eyes burn with stinging sweat."

"And does the pilot even know where the hell he's going? I swear this is the fourth time I've seen that pagoda over there."

"Seems every path leads us to nowhere."

"At least this thing has wi-fi. Oh look, Cassie posted some new pictures to FaceSpace."

"Wife and kids, household pet."

"That's the fifth time I've seen that damn pagoda. I'm seriously wondering if this pilot really is a first lieutenant in the Special Forces. I think he's a clown school dropout."

"Army green was no safe bet."

"I think Georges-Marie is yelling at the pilot to quit acting like he's dodging flack and just fly to wherever the hell this damn helicopter is going."

"The Bullets scream to me from somewhere"

"Just because he plays for Bullets, doesn't mean he shouldn't be taken seriously. This whole thing is kind of making me sick to my stomach myself."
Last edited by New Montreal States on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WBC 26 champions!
4th place finishers, World Cup 11; 2nd place finishers World Cup 31; Cup of Harmony 53 winners
Co-hosts of World Cup 28 and Cup of Harmony 16 with The Archregimancy; co-hosts of World Cup 64 and Cup of Harmony 54 with Wight; co-hosts of Cup of Harmony 50 with Vilita

Estope
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estope » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:50 pm

Group 15
World Cup Qualifiers - Match Six
Estope - Dawnhaven
Unknown Stadium
Dawnhaven

Twin Brooks International Airport
Bucky Freezus: "Does anyone know where Dawnhaven is located?"

Delvin Brooks: "Yes Coach, I believe it is somewhere in AO."

Freezus: "I got an atlas right here but can't find it anywhere on the map. Ok, here's the plan. We'll just fly to AO and land in some random country and start asking people if they know where it is located. I've tried calling other group members but none of them know the location either. Luckily we have a few days to figure it out so I'm sure someone can help us."

Brooks: "I don't think that's the best idea Coach. Why don't we find out first before we just leave? Someone has to know."

Freezus: "Nah. It will be fun exploring the world. It shouldn't take too long to find them once we get to the region. Someone there would be more likely to know than here."

---
On the Team Plane
Brooks: "Hey Coach. I found Dawnhaven. Look it's right here."

Freezus: "Great find. Let me inform the pilot so we'll make it there alright. Hey Captain, here's our new destination right here on this map. Reroute here instead of Northern Sunrise Islands. Try to land somewhere in the middle of the country since I don't know what city we're supposed to go to."

Brooks: "Why were going to Norther Sunrise Islands? It's a country of islands. They are not connected to the main land. We couldn't have gotten to Dawnhaven from there anyways."

Freezus: "Really! I never knew that. You learn something new everyday."

---
Dawnhaven
Freezus: "Ok, now that we're here we need to find the stadium. The game will be in two days, I think. I don't really know the time either. First we'll find a hotel to stay the night and first thing tomorrow we will split up and find the soccer stadium. We'll need to split up and search the entire country, not just the city. So far it doesn't seem like anyone speaks English here so that will make it a little more challenging. Once you find the stadium, call me and I will communicate to everyone where to meet at. We don't want to be late for the match."

Alex Stark: "Really? We have to search the whole country trying to find a stadium. And we have to do it all tomorrow or early the next day at the latest, all while not being able to communicate with the native speakers."

Freezus: "Yep. Sleep well tonight cause we have a long day ahead of us."

---
Game Day
A.Stark: "Coach, I found the stadium. But we need to hurry. The game starts in an hour. It's in a city located in the far north, about five hours from where we were staying in the hotel."

Freezus: "Hmm. That could be a problem Alex. I'll call everyone and let them know. How many players are there now?"

A.Stark: "Just myself and Jacob. But my brother is just about an hour out with Matt Freemore and Sam Williams so that will make five of us."

Freezus: "Ok, well you need two more to start the game. Ashton and Joshua were headed north so they may be nearby. That should be enough to at least begin play. The problem is that 11 players went north and 11 went south. None of the southern players will be able to make it back and me and Coach O are still where we started so we won't make it there either. I'll try and communicate with the other 4 players to get 11 there by halftime. I believe Thomas West, Jon Contrel, Luke Feargal, and Louis Garity were the other ones. I'll call them and see."

---
Kickoff
A.Stark: "Let's see there's only four of us here. We're still missing Sam, Matt, and Matthew plus the other four Coach mentioned. They should be here any minute though. Here's the referee now. I guess we can try to explain the situation to him. Sir we only have four of us here now but three more should be here soon and then four more in about an hour."

Referee: "No, no, no. You must have at least seven or we don't start. I give you 30 minutes or you forfeit."

22 Minutes Later
Matthew Stark: "We're here."

A.Stark: "Finally. I guess we will have to start with seven players. I just called Luke and he said their about 45 minutes out so they won't get here until the second half."

Ashton Pate: "This will be tough but I guess we have no choice."

Halftime
A.Stark: "Well we're down 3-0 but the others should be here really soon and then at least we'll have a full team. I guess someone should call Coach Freezus and tell him what's going on. On second thought, we better wait until after the game to tell him."

Thomas West: "We're here finally. Parking was a fiasco and then they almost didn't let us into the game. But hey, at least we're here."

Ashton Pate: "Well, we really need you, we're down 3-0 already."

West: "I'm not sure how much help we'll be but we'll give it our best shot."

End of Game
Freezus: "It's about time someone answered the phone.How did it go?"

A.Stark: "Well Coach, we lost but in our defense we were playing with only seven players in the first half when we got down 3-0. At halftime the other four showed up and we made a small comeback but the deficit was just too much."

---

Brian Monte: "Hello."

Freezus: "Hey Brian, this is Bucky. I just wanted to let you know we lost the match 3-2."

Monte: "Really? How did that happen?"

Freezus: "Well I don't really know. You see I wasn't there because the team got lost and couldn't find the stadium so we all split up and by the time one group found it the game was about to start and we couldn't all get there in time. We played the first half with only seven players before four more showed up for the second half."

Monte: "How did you get lost? Didn't you get all the travel information I sent you?"

Freezus: "Oh, that had directions in it. I thought it was just a list of restaurants and tourist attractions. I didn't even looked at it and left it at home."

---
Office of Brian Monte
"Great, we lost to a nobody in embarrassing circumstances and now Coach Freezus is set to be suspended for the first half of the next game. We've fallen all the way down to third place now and we have to win the next game against Vunishia, who actually might even be a bit stronger than we anticipated. I'll just alter the suspension a little. Write up another press release."

Estope Soccer Association Alters Coach Freezus' Upcaoming Suspension
Following an appeal review of the upcoming suspension of Bucky Freezus, Brian Monte has agreed that the punishment could be considered a bit harsh and would not serve much of a purpose. An agreement has been reached between Coach Freezus and Mr. Monte that instead of a suspension, an apology would be a better punishment. Coach Freezus will no longer be serving a suspension and instead has written an apology note to the referee who was affected by this accident.

Schedule:
MD1: Estope v Star United States - WIN - 4-1
MD2: Barunia v Estope - Draw - 1-1
MD3: Estope v The Blaatschapen - WIN - 1-0
MD4: Zwangzug v Estope - DRAW - 1-1
MD5: Estope v New Wolfopolis - WIN - 2-1
MD6: Dawnhaven v Estope - LOSS - 3-2
MD7: Estope v Vunishia
MD8: Star United States v Estope
MD9: Estope v Barunia
MD10: The Blaatschapen v Estope
MD11: Estope v Zwangzug
MD12: New Wolfopolis v Estope
MD13: Estope v Dawnhaven
MD14: Vunishia v Estope
Soccer: 61st (14.33 pts.) | Football: 26th (9.08 pts.) | Baseball: 13th (3.23 pts.) | Rugby: 13th (5.07 pts.)
Hockey: 11th (16.85 pts.) | Basketball: 25th (2.73 pts.) | Lacrosse: 4th (37.62 pts.)
Maklohi Vai Tournament (Baseball)
Esportiva Union Cup II (Rugby)
Estope Open
World Bowl XXIII
Maple Leaf Bowl III

Sandwich Territories
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sandwich Territories » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:20 pm

"Hello everyone, hope you are enjoying your night so far, and hopefully, you can finish the day with us here on SBC Radio 1. Now, it isn't likely that our station would be airing such a pair of chaps, but with the highly anticipated game against Pasarga coming up, we figured that this radio station is for the newest trends around, so why not swing it on over to the lads in the studio. This is DJ Marina Nathanahel, and you are listening to SBC Radio 1. We will be right back with more of today's best music right after this."

*SBC Radio 1 ; The Sandwichian Hub of The World. Now playing , it's the Chaps in Suits, live from Reimsburgh.*

"What is good to my young parsons-"

"Oh lord, why did you start it off like that..."

"I am not sure why I thought that would be any what decent. Anyways, my name is Stanislav Clark."

"And my name is Isingoma MacWilliam. Welcome to the show."

"Well...these listeners are mainstream types of people, right?"

"No...SBC 1 is kinda like that elitist station where they play any music as long as it is "good"...whatever makes it good to them anyways."

"Are they all young people?"

"No. *Laughs* Just anyone who wants to keep up to date with what's new."

"Well, I can live with that Isingoma, because here's something new for a good chunk of people; not all of you; listening in. Just a little something called international football."

*Both chuckle*

"It isn't exactly a new thing to the Democratic Commonwealth, but, they have never faced a nation this high in ranking before."

"No they have not, and a win or a tie would keep them in first. If Quebec can do it, and since we beat Quebec-"

"To much controversy might I add."

"Yeah...although to be fair, the Royals DID have their starters out there. I'm 100% certain we could've come out with the win anyways but...nothing like a good handball to rile some people up."

"Especially one as blatant as that. But I agree, the Boys in Blue were really putting the pressure on...I think the ball would've gone past the keeper even without being punched in possibly."

"I highly doubt that, but possibly is the key word there. I do think the offensive pressure was a good point though. Who knows what would've happened had the ball not been punched in...we all are extremely biased, aren't we?"

*Both chuckle*

"Either way, the trip at the end was apparently a good call?"

"Possibly, good sir. But by then, the damage was done though."

"Yes, very tragic. Either way, the point is that hope is still here even for the experts, and most certainly for the fans."

"So, since this is a quick segment, what do you think the results will be, Clark?"

"I like the odds for Sandwich to give their best out there, but due to the fact that a few players are out, I think a 2-0 loss is about right."

"Well, personally, I want to be normal, but I can't. Im seeing a 1-1 draw or a 2-1 win for.....Sandwich."

"WELL THAT'S JUST A LOAD OF SHITE, MATE."

*Both start to laugh hysterically*

"I'm not sure why I am laughing at that other than the fact that it was the least chap-like thing I've heard from you this whole time."

"Point proven?"

"Very much so, ...old chap..."

"Well, that was quick, but we gotta send it back to hipster-station 1 for more stuff from the present."

"So, take a few minutes to put the kettle on or whatever you young folk do today. You're listening to SBC Radio 1. I'm Stanislav Clark."

"And I am Isingoma MacWilliam."

"And this has been...Chaps in Suits."
Last edited by Sandwich Territories on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member of Kennan
Kennan Diplomat to The South Pacific

Ranked 58th in the World Cup Rankings
Total Olympic Medal Count: 1 (Silver)
Reimsburgh Blues Season 1 KHL Champions
Commissioner of the Kennan Hockey League and the Kennan Premier League
Original Member of the AAFL/AAFA
Reimsburgh Tech Mariners in NSCF
Host of the SBC Bowl, and the Kazarian Cup

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:12 pm

English Edition
ImageImage
BREAKING NEWS: Awesome new flag with eagle. Also, we're now apparently officially supporting the violation of human rights and some countries hate us which means we're at war with them and should expect bloodshed.

Today marked a very important day in Farf history, as a new flag was announced at five in the afternoon. The new flag is red with a green stripe with thick black borders crossing it diagonally from the top-left corner to the bottom-right corner. In the centre, there's a red circle with a black border and an awesome white eagle which just looks sick.

Unfortunately, this rad new flag has its downsides. While the eagle itself may look really cool, the things it represents are not so cool. It represents a tyrannic dictatorship breaching human rights constantly and being oppressive for no evident reason, or at least not one a Farf can notice. Also, the eagle is probably the result of a highly self-centered leader coming up with a badge just by thinking about his surname (which is Crowley or something like that). Don't get me wrong, the eagle still looks cool, but Crowley sure is selfish. Now think what would've happened if someone with a surname like Dragonslayer had come up with this dictatorial regimee.

As it would make little sense for us to have a flag that represents something and not abide by what it represents, the Federal Council took the only reasonable path from there: becoming fascist. On the plus side, this means we get insta-allies in the form of the Inevitable Syndicate, who came up with this trend to begin with, Yttribia, who are a country, the Sarian, who are also a country, and Felix, who had a bird in their flag before and so we just don't understand why they'd turn to fascism. The Sarian's flag has a bustard, but we refuse to acknowledge bustards as birds! On the minus side, we also get insta-enemies itching to nuke us. See: San José Guayabal, Rüntenbach and Northern Sunrise Islands. But we're safe when it comes to the last one. They rely on us to keep their football team going! It shouldn't be too late to acquire some more Guayabalenses and a Rüntenbach(ian?).

Also, the fact that we have an eagle in the flag in no way implies that our national animal has changed. No, it's still the flying jellyfish. But having one in our flag would just be confusing to other countries who just don't have potentially life-threatening flying critters flying around.

Expect war. The first war in Farfadillis' history, in fact! This is awesome!

Also, a janitor has been appointed as head of state now. Seeing as the previous head of state died recently, and the janitor that would've succeeded him died, too, another janitor was randomly picked for the job. This is all because the people now like janitor for no apparent reason. Things are not expected to change. Oh, by the way, our new leader's name is Duditaté Ragorená. He's twenty-two years old (which is unconstitutional, but who cares?), and should be meeting the leaders of other Corvidae nations soon.

The internet has already picked up on the fact that we're becoming fascist, too!

(The Sarian's flag apparently gives interwebsters headaches)

Other Popular Stories:
National Team somehow not gung-ho attacking in World Cup qualifiers; nation flabbergasted
Farf survey shows Farves making surveys are not good at it; somewhat of a paradox arises
Farf uranium mining company BOOM! sells atomic bombs to Farf government with a limited 20% discount!
Farf army to be used for something
Statue raised in honour of Juan José, the legendary janitor
Monuele Arkelaos, ex-head of state, cremated because burying him would've been too expensive
Last edited by Farfadillis on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

Jeruselem
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jeruselem » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Princess Amy and Lena Dallas (aka Lena Perry) at Dazza Dallas Stadium after 1-0 win over Nova Anglicana

Amy: Hey, this is Princess Amy for Naked News Jeruselem. We're at Dazza Dallas Stadium once again. Potential Nova Anglicana came here to take on the Princesses. The Lions vs the Princesses! I'm with defender Lena Dallas or as some know her Lenna Perry
Lena: Hey hey
Amy: Busy day in the office Lena
Lena: Yes, busy day. No rest for defender!
Amy: I got the impression Nova Anglicana though our defense was weak because we leaked 5 goals last home game
Lena: But that was because that game had lots of goals

Amy: As it turned out, we didn't leak a single goal because Lena and her fellow defenders
Lena: Yes, this game was bit easier to handle
Amy: The good news is we scored a goal !!! And won 1-0. Not an easy game
Lena: Yes today was a different game to one against NMS
Amy: A much for measured game by both teams
Lena: I think pace of the last game was hyper, so it favoured the attack. This game was closer to normal, maybe a bit slow and maybe our opponents thinking more defensively

Amy: But it was still a win, our rivals want us to drop points. We did last game but not today
Lena: Yes, we need to keep on winning
Amy: In other Group 5 games, Nexxus Drako won 1-0 over Gustavpolis and New Montreal States 2-0 over Vietnam. Azrea drew with 1–1 Westfield House
Lena: Our rivals putting the pressure on
Amy: And Jeru FC lost to Paradystopia in Paradystopia 2-1
Lena: Looks they are in the poo

Amy: Yes well, it's not looking all that good for them
Lena: Yes
Amy: Fellow pink cuppers Bears Armed won 2-0 and keep on moving forward while Jeru FC stumble
Lena: I do question why they didn't get a new team for Jeru FC
Amy: Like most things, money
Lena: Sadly yes

Amy: I guess the good news is we're still in the fight and beating out the competition
Lena: It's far from over though
Amy: No room to be complacent indeed, a few losses and we're out of the top 3
Lena: I won't be
Amy: Now, why do you call yourself Lena Perry?
Lena: Oh that. That's Dad's surname

Amy: But your real name is Lena Dallas
Lena: Yes, I'm still part of the greater Dallas family
Amy: Are you a football player or a model? Which is the chosen profession
Lena: I can't be a football player forever, so I'll go full time modelling when my career ends
Amy: Do you like the travel
Lena: Yes, so many places so to see. And someone else pays for it

Amy: That's it from us. See you all later
Lena: Yeah
Amy: If you're a fan of our Lena, she's got a web site www.lenaperry.com.jew
Lena: It's not a web site for prudes, and people with young kids though
Amy: Nudity warning!
Lena: Nude not prude I say
Jeruselem's sports achievements
http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=J ... hievements

Land of the Tiger Princesses

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:43 pm

A segment of Chat Corner, brought by TVA Channel

“......So what do you think of the game against Pasarga, Brock?”

“Michelle, it was very good, I’d say. The Vauganian Referee did it fair and square, even though he did not blew whistle enough of the times.”

“But it’s reasonable, considering how they were all part of the play, and not intentional like those minnows from Sandwich Territories.”

“Indeed, Michelle. It was a good game refereeing-wise, so what happened the night before did not materialise again. Thank god for that and we’ll move on to the actual performance done by the Grim Reapers for the game.”

“First, I believe that the decision not to suspend Conavacio was a great thing done by Ji Choon Kim. He, after taking a wonderful but bloody bite of a Sandwich, he did come back in a fashion that others were unable to do so.”

“He can certainly score, make moves and of course physically attack others, right?”

“Indeed, for Conavacio’s goal on the 35th minute indeed was spectacular. Considering how their defenders are all in their heights and mostly plays in either best of the leagues or back home, his deking of a couple and Halabi were just impressive.”

“Yes, but accidentally kicking Macik in the plums at the 56th minute was disappointing, in all accounts. That was the fourth laceration with the opponent, with him keeping up his three-game streak of physically assaulting a player. Yet he still haven’t learned a thing about it.”

“But it was accidental, as they were battling for the ball that were on their way. Can’t blame him for wanting the ball so bad. Of course he needs to be lot more careful though, for that’ll one day bring him a long suspension.”

*sighs*

“Absolutely, Brock. Now moving on, there’s one player that we should remember for his performance and that was Ondrej Cech. He looked fabulous out there, saving like 12 out of 14 shots aimed at him, most of which were just fantastic one-timers!”

“I toldja so, that Cech’s not a fluke. He has the mindset, an extremely flexible body and of course, that cockiness which we need with the goalies, Michelle.”

“Mhm. If it wasn’t for him, we certainly would have lost, with the way our defensive core got ripped against them. They, especially in the second half, were unable to do basic things such as to tackle, bruise and do whatever they had on their hands as well."

“It was as if they were out of glass and off their sync.”

“Exactly. Just an awful match for them.”

“But let’s be honest here. Currently our national team does not have any defender playing in overseas, while we have 2 midfielders and 2 forwards playing for some time, with 2 more signed to their respective clubs. We have some solid options, but no one worthy to play in an all-star level.”

“What about Karl Varsteeg? He’s is a defensive marvel to those who watch the Q-League. A 6'7, 280 pound giant with some speed (compared to others with his size), he's certainly a head and ground-breaker at heading and jumping….Not to mention his lovable physicality….”

“People are still not buying in for Varsteeg, I think, Michelle. Soccer folks in overseas might not be favourable of physical play as we do back here.”

“Understandable. But at least they like our flashy strikers.”

“Of course, of course. Who doesn’t I mean?”

“Yes. Now going back to our game stuff, it looks like we’ll be having a huge transitional period after this cycle, as younger and more talented players come up in pipes. Who’d you expect to be out of the team after this cycle?”

“They’ll certainly keep all the goalies, as they’re the best ones out there. Cech’s the true game-changer and saver, while Middleton’s a solid option after playing for 2 seasons in Nephara. Nam will probably move to overseas after this World Cup Qualifying Cycle, and we’ll see more about that. With Defenders, I can only see Cohen staying, out of that defence from the Golden Class Days of U15WC, for he’s clearly the one with leadership and stability.”

“What about the midfielders and forwards?”

“With that, it’s lot harder to say, considering how we have so much talent in that field. Bourassa will be retiring after this cycle, so Markus (Lazarev-Horak) will take his spot. Corriander and (Soo Hyuk) Kim will each split their duties, as Corriander’s still better one when it comes to playing high-quality opposition. Beauchemin? I don’t know that well about his status after the season, but I feel that he’ll be switched in favour of Languedoc.”

“I think Beauchemin’s still better than Languedoc when it comes to his play, so we’ll see about that. With offence, I think there’ll be no change, because the players out there are so young and are still improving in great strides.”

“Correct, with that I only put question mark on Fortin being a starter for next WCQ. Will he or not- That’s going to be a huge question entering the game, as he has struggled a lot this time, similar to how Riley Johnson and Hong Chun Joo did.”

“Agreed. Unfortunately, it’s time to close the Chat Corner. I’m Brock Vincentini.”

“..And I’m Michelle Buchestein. Thank you for watching the Chat Corner, live in TVA.”
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

San Jose Guayabal
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby San Jose Guayabal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm

www.elnacional.gu/sports/highlights

You are in: El nacional > sports > Road to Apox and THE WC 69.

NEWS
- SJG 5-3 Czarch, Yucuaiquín erupts in joy
- The Sarian vs SJG, Aiming for a 7-0-0 first half.

Wrote by: Lourdes Amador/ James Cruz
Follow on FaceCommie as: @Lama11/ @Jamon110
Wrote at 25/07/2014, 6:05 PM.

SJG 5-3 Czarch, Yucuaiquín erupts in joy.

SJG played yesterday in Tierra de Fuego Stadium in the city of Yucuaiquín, this time it was a game against Czarch, a rival that we as media of SJG we don't have knowledge about his roster, even the Federación Guayabalense de Fútbol knows nothing about them. Nevertheless the full Czarch squad reached the Yucuaiquín, where in effect will be a hot and hard-fought match to SJG where Czarch put enough resistance to the defense of SJG, while our defense was comming in a good momentum after doing his first clean-sheet game in the WCQ in the 6-0 thrashing of the Selecta against New South Aqmuland, now SJG wanted to coninue with the good rhythm of game used all along the WCQ first games and try wo tin the sixth game in a row and try to aim for a good result.

Since early hours of the morning, the SJG fans acked up the Stadium of Tierra de Fuego who has a capacity of 105,000 fans for the matches, 4,000 fans from Czrch came to SJG in order to support their NT in this game, when the rest of SJG fans were with drums and another kind of music instruments to support the NT of SJG. Fans were being optimistci about the game, expecting for a good result was the main feeling of the fans because they would like to aim higher into the WCQ and also try to find a quick path into the WC Finals qualifying road.

As for strategy plans interviewed Rodolfo Zelaya, the captain of the national team SJG, who told us details about the atmosphere in the team.

"Good morning Rodolzo, you could talk a little about the generalities of the national team?" Asked James Cross, Lourdes Amador assistant while she adjusted her recorder for the interview.

"Sure, I'm ready for any kind of questions you realizen, provided that is not transmitted to rival" Zelaya said with laughter at this.

"Do not worry, I want to ask you how you feel about the national team after the game against NSA (New South Aqmuland)?" James said, laughing Rodolfo and Lourdes.

"The game was easy, but we didn't abused of our opponent in terms of lack of respect because our manager told us to keep the respect and play humbly all the time, also watching that kind of support of our people motivates us to do the things properly and to defend our territory in terms of results." Said Zelaya in a polite and chappeau way.

"Personally, as you think you feel the team for the game now?" James said.

"The game will now be interesting also that Czarch will be a good challenge for us because despite being a new team, he has enough to give a good fight in the game, but I think SJG also has what it takes to win, are optimistic and believe that victory will be ours "Zelaya said optimistically.

At that moment I walked the halls Mathias Paatelainen, so they decided to approach a conversation with him about the strategy that SJG will use in the game.

"Dear manager, as you are?" James said as he gave a handshake.

"Good friend, I guess you would ask about the alignment to use, is not it?" Paatelainen said smiling as she greeted James.

"You guessed it, that's just what you wanted to ask," replied James.

"So, let's proceed. My plan is to much pressure the opponent, trying to score as many goals as possible in the party and thereby facilitate our advantage in the ability to attack and goal difference too. Also keep the typical 3-1-3-3 to keep equipment stable, the same three up front but will replace it at half-time for the match against The Sarian is our priority at this time, the same defenders and midfielders them in short we want to ensure they get good for the game against The Sarian, because of that game depends our perfect record for this half of the qualifirs, achieving that would mean a lot for us, beause we want to aim higher even more, we don't want to be the typical mediocre team, we want to achieve victory and God will help us to achieve it "Paatelainen said quickly, as she said good"

After hearing the idea SJG game, listen Czarch plans, in which will use a 4-3-3 in order to maintain a constant pressure in attack SJG, especially with a stepped pressure on Rodolfo Zelaya, the main Czarch threat also to seek the use of the kickback and maintain a secure defense of the game at all times and avoid a high score against them.

After previous formal events, the party started with possession of the ball by Czarch, who made some good plays first five minutes of constant pressure, its most talented midfielder made ​​a recovery ball to a weak Árbol Saucedo really could have avoided this situation in a better way, a move that led to a withering backlash Czarch, striker made ​​a shot at goal from Henry Hernandez, who could not stop that shot and Czarch went ahead 0-1 at the minute Four of game, being a bad hit for SJG and his interest to win the match.

SJG was uncomfortable after that goal looked and pressure was increasing on the team, so Paatelainen Mathias asked his pupils to conduct a more offensive game, something that began to effect a quick pass in the middle of the defense, where Jonathan Fana controlled the ball and finished the goal, where the local team goalie stopped the ball properly and prevented more danger from SJG, who looked very rushed by scoring early.

After about ten minutes of hurry to SJG, Czarch had an opportunity, their striker made ​​a solo run towards goal of Hernández, giving a pass to the left wing striker, who finished without waiting on goal and scored the 0-2 for Czarch in fifteen minutes into match, a goal converted through a pretty powerful shot in front of the penalty spot, a goal that literally was a shock to SJG, who was being underwhelmed by Czarch and his fast goals into the game.

SJG continued with ball possession but Czarch did not want to give up so early on a stretch of the game and they wanted to increase the amount of goals in their favor, so they kept trying energetically through powerful towards the goal of Henry Hernandez, who reacted properly and throws away any chance of danger of his goal, while in times of pressure of Czarch, SJG managed a free kick in front of the goal of Czarch, a player of the team received a yellow card because he realized obstruction to Árbol Saucedo. Rodolfo Zelaya took the ball and decided to shoot on goal as it normally does, he kicked over the Czarchian defense barrier and then a beautiful goal was converted, it was the 1-2 for SJG at the minute 21 of game with a beautiful shot to the upper left side of the goal.

Already in twenty-seven minutes from the party, SJG still behind of goals scored and also in the opportunities generated because Czarch was visibly superior in creating opportunities and shots on goal from Henry Hernandez, who had already acted five shots, while the visiting team goalkeeper had received only three shots on goal, two of which were goals so our national team showed much less effectively when attacking. Czarch had 65% of possession while SJG had the remaining 35%, something really bad considering the bad start of the national team and in addition to its quite good latest 10 minutes wake up in the game, as he recovered in a timely manner and managed to keep maintain a marker disadvantage.

SJG beginning to show more worried about the attack, so the NT decided to focus on attack and try to score at least one goal for them in the last minutes of the first half and decided to concentrate on the ball, so they began to make a game of touch between players, although still generating opportunities as Sean Fraser's header after a cross from Sebastian Nunez, Fraser sent the ball outside the field, so the move did not come over. While Czarch decided to continue betting on the counterattack of their forwards, who have good speed in his legs.

Thirty-six of the match minutes, SJG had a new opportunity, this once a counterattack right sector, added to the ball centered at the area was nervousness in the attack zone of SJG was alone with two players, but a very good crossed pass made that Saucedo sent the ball outside the pitch because he slipped, that made ​stop the danger to Czarch. Czarch midfielder gave a pass to another player who decided prover a long distance shot that bounced off the head of this sought Meyson Salume while to clear the ball but instead of clearing it, gave him the necessary path to send it in from the goal, Czarch making the game and beat back the resistance of Hernández, this at thirty-seven minutes into the game. Czarch put SJG in real troubles with a 1-3, putting real pressure to SJG and the NT at such disadvantage.

Just as the first half ended, a big number of loud boos came from SJG fans, being disappointed by the result of the NT, losing 1-3 against one of the weakest but unpredictable rivals of the group but Czarchian players were totally amused with the result, kind of unexpeced for them in his pre-match talks, if SJG wanted to reverse this, the should have an awesome second half to save the game and the unbeaten status too.

Sean Fraser gave us a few words about what you think of the game:

"The game is much more at odds than we imagined, is very bad for us in terms of goals scored and sincerely persistence and tenacity of Czarch has left me surprised because we did not the expected, and hopefully we manage to get more goals and try to win this, it's difficult but not impossible.

At halftime, backstage of Czarch, shout for joy, where were very pleased with the score were heard for SJG, but his coach wanted even more so he decided to make two substitutions midfielders and conducted a more offensive team, now with a 4-2-4 where the intentions of the coach for giving even more advantage through a more incisive and dangerous attacks for the defense of SJG.

While Mathias Paatelainen & Emanuel Inzer decided by doing no substitutions for team SJG, but asked the players to be more cautious about the defense, because errors of all the defenses, added by the virtues of players from Czarch had SJG managed to keep a short distance in the score of the game, while maintaining the same forcefulness asked the three front because they were doing a bag game in terms of their effectiveness but definitively the ain priority was the goal scoring for the SJG players, who wanted to score more goals as possible.

Already at the beginning of the second half, SJG began more pressure in the game because according to the statements given by the coach Mathias Paatelainen his intention will be to attack and score as many goals as possible for the benefit of the team, in addition to greater difference in bookmark. Rudy Valencia player was now a greater influence in terms of creating timely plays, as driving the rhythm of the game and decided to keep the game as while Rodolfo Zelaya and company hoped to have an opportunity to make more goals in the game.

Forty-nine minutes, SJG gave the first notice of their intentions for the second time through a shooting happened near the box, after Leonidas Bregoo tried to surprise the defense and especially the goalkeeper of Czarch because the goalkeeper was far from the goal and would have little chance to stop the shot but fortunately this was adequated and would be the 2-3 for SJG, who started the path to achieve victory at that point of the game.

Both teams were involved in the struggle for the ball in the middle pitch then, the encounters were somewhat constant, so the game was turning into a very physical and strategic game where only the eveness may break with a solo run some player of the two teams. SJG perked kickback in a play, where Rodolfo Zelaya made ​​a centering pass and Jonathan Faña arrived in time for a header that beat Czarch keeper, SJG put the game 3-3 with a quite good level of hope for SJG fans, who saw the hopes for victory increased strongly, while Czarch had to think about how to resolve the situation properly without falling into despair, all happened sixty-two minutes of the game.

Wow!; that at that moment we could appreciate a Paatelainen extremely amused about the situation, pushing players to react and write down more goals and so secure the victory for SJG, would need to arrive in good physical and mental state for the next match against Free Republics, which would be tense and crucial for both teams.

SJG seemed to be reacting sixty seven minutes, Jonathan Faña took a pass focused and was able to make a header that went out from the field, unfortunately Faña is not very high and therefore his head and his passing game is nothing good, but at least gave it a good try for the interests of our national team. Later, in seventy-two minutes, Rodolfo Zelaya brought out his good technical skills and a solo run where he dribbled two players defending Czarchians, gave free panorama for Zelaya to finish off in powerfully and middle distance a shot that left goalkeeper of Czarch was defeated, Zelaya showed his agility and scored the 4-3 for SJG, who much relieved after that move by Rodolfo Zelaya showed.

Already in seventy-five minutes, missing only fifteen to the final whistle, SJG was ahead of the game but Czarch looked to be a team that no one would beat very easily, Czarch had made eight shots on goal and scored three goals save a percentage of 40%, despite having a wide difference SJG, that 40% of possession had been well managed because of the goals he had scored until this point. SJG by his side had only made ​​seven shots to the opponent's goal, of which four were goals thus maintaining a good percentage of ball possession in their favor.

Finally SJG scored the defining goal in the 87th minute through Sean Fraser, who took advantage of new technical skills and beat Czarch's goal to make the score 3-5 in favor of SJG and thus saving a match very even, now the players think about the game against The Sarian.

The Sarian vs SJG, Aiming for a 7-0-0 first half.

Definitely no one would have imagined that arrived SJG six games unbeaten in this WCQ, considering the good start of FFR and certainly doubtful starter against Ekoz Miley World and in this time SJG The Sarian will face in order to end the first half the WCQ with an undefeated record of 7-0-0 and is now the second best offense in the tie and also having the second best goal difference, which has left very happy fans SJG, although a party was quite complicated as that of Czarch against SJG.

This time the opponent is very different, The Sarian, neighbors talked about region (Esportiva) but with different social, Sarian is under the Corvidae scheme in SJG take a body of security officers and bodyguards if er necessary weapons and duly registered in the country of The Sarian and avoid setbacks.

As for the lineup of The Sarian and alignment for the match, use a 4-4-2, markedly offensive holdings, so they must be aware SJG on defense to prevent surprises by a computer that is ornamenting strong in these WCQ, so concentration and tranquility will be useful for SJG.

As for SJG, James Moreira will not play the game as it will be replaced by Mattias Passarelli, who will provide experience to stand back while the 3-1-3-3 front to give better SJG.

This match is very important for SJG, because in case of victory would have a perfect record for half the WCQ addition to distance The Sarian SJG six points, so a win will ensure a good start to the second half WCQ for the national team. The match will start at 22:15 when SJG and will be played in New Lavington Park, in the city of Lavington and will be broadcast GuayaTV 12, in addition to our website every minute comments. SJG hope to succeed and maintain its excellent step in the WCQ.
Not so active as before - Hail Alianza FC! - Football is my drug, Alianza FC my dealer!

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

A Conversation of Chaps

"What ho, Giles?"

"Oh, hullo, Ravenswood. Haven't seen you in a while. How's the missus?

"She's well, thanks for asking. I must say, have you been paying any attention atall to football lately?"

"Not really, old chap. Been following the cricket scores. Did you know there's an absolutely smashing one-day affair between Wray, Liventia, and Gruenberg going on right now?"

"Haven't the foggiest. Anyhow, they're billing it as 'A Cup for Chaps'."

"Really."

"Yes, so I thought we'd declare our own little country on the grounds of my estate so we can participate. They can't say no to a country of chaps in 'A Cup for Chaps.' Super wheeze, wot?"

"You know, Ravenswood, I was reading the other day about something called a Chap Olympiad. And there were some chaps participating from a place called 'Absurdly Polite Gentlemen', which sounded an awful lot like what you're proposing. So I'm sorry, old sport, but it seems like they've beaten you to the punch."

"Drat! I suppose we'll have to find another way to go. But let me get your two pence on this, old bean. They've been referring to the lady types participating in this as 'chapettes.' It strikes me as rather...French, doesn't it, -ette and all that?"

"It jolly well does, Ravenswood! It ought to be 'chapesses', though I suppose those daft Quebeckers are pretty chuffed about it. We've got to put a stop to it! I'll phone Lord Montague; he's the chapliest chap I know. He'll set it straight."

"By gum, that just might do the trick, Giles! This'll get us into the Cup for sure! We might even get to meet some of the girls from Jeruselem. I say, old sport, they defeated our lads, but I won't hold it against them. They've got some rather...permissive ideas about sex, donchaknow. A chap could get used to that sort of thing."

"Quite right, quite right. Do you think they'd let you-"

" 'Scuse me, y'r worships. But would either've y'r lordships know 'ow a body c'n get 'is 'ands on some good 'baccy round 'ere?"

"What? Er..yes. There's a tobacconist 'round the corner. Friendly fellow, as long as you're not Hungarian. You're not Hungarian, are you?"

"No, y'r grace. Oi'm as Nova Anglican as they come. Thankee for the directions."

"What an odd fellow."

"Yes, Ravenswood. Distinctly unchaply. Let's go phone Lord Montague and get this 'chapette' business sorted out post-haste."

OOC: Those "daft Quebeckers" are a reference to the Quebecois who live in my nation, having no relation with RKQ. Similarly, no aspersions cast on the fine women of Jeruselem, just a couple of chaps being casually sexist.
Last edited by Nova Anglicana on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:01 pm

THE EMPIRE TIMES

Cooperson Scores Twice

The Eagles bounced back last night recording a 3-1 win over Carialus thanks to a brace from Blaine Cooperson affirming their stance as potential group winners. While William Frost managed to score a goal for his team Kane Harrison put the game beyond all doubt with a third goal in the final 10 minutes.

While the Eagles had failed to score against Red Blackiland they picked up right where they left off pushing forward and putting the Carialus defenders under pressure early on. Just over 5 minutes had elapsed when Steven Mallard laid the ball back to Cooperson who turned around his marker and fired a low shot into goal putting the Eagles in front. While Carialus was mainly held in their own half they nearly scored twice in quick succession. A hit from Bruno Gomes nearly went in were it not for Milton Tuneson’s foot being in the right place sending it out. The resultant corner saw Vladimer Lelek rise above the pack but his header skimmed the crossbar. The Eagle’s controlled the game for most of the half but were unable to increase the lead by the whistle.

The second half continued like the first with the Eagles continuing to hold the ball in their attacking half. A through ball from Percy Baser to Harrison looked good but the forward sent his effort wide. He had a better effort a few moments later intercepting a pass and taking a shot, while it was on target Tayyib Kassis was able to keep it from entering the goal. As the game wore on both sets of players were showing fatigue but the Eagles were starting to lose control as their fitter opponents began to make headway. Frost and Gomes both had shots on goal from range not troubling Tuneson. Daniel Fuller slipped past two defnders and hit the ball low into the opposite corner and while he was able to beat the keeper the ball went past the wrong side of the post. The 75th minute saw Carialus claw one back when Frost managed to get his foot in the middle of the pack from a corner deflecting the ball into the goal. It was the first goal to be scored against the Eagles this qualifier having gone the past 5 games with a clean sheet. The goal seemed to wake up the Eagles as they now pushed back, while Carialus fought with the same vigour seeing that at least a draw was in reach. In the 85th minute Henry Barreller took a run down the left flank and sent a high cross into the box, Harrison got his head to it sending the ball through the hands of Kassis and into the back of the net. The goal finished up the game for good ending with a 3-1

In a post match press conference captain Hamish Alpin expressed his happiness “A good game against a good opponent, if we are able to keep up this performance throughout the qualifiers we have the potential to finish first”. The win keeps the Eagles only two points behind The Royal Barangay and will be needing at least a draw to keep themselves in contention for first place while a win will see them on top of the group leading into the half way point. The Eagles last played against The Royal Barangay in the group stage of the last world cup beating them 4-3. While the Agilang Dilaw will be looking to exact revenge the Eagles will no doubt have added confidence from the result.
Last edited by Blouman Empire on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Red Blackiland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Blackiland » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:11 pm

The Royal Barangay vs. Red Blackiland

1-0

One more lose but a good lesson we can take in this game.

The Royal Barangay Fans supporting the team road to one more win!

Red-Black Infamous Ultras and the Red Blackiland fans in away section of Royal Barangay Stadium!

The Dark Lions came to the Royal Barangay to follow try ending the qualifiers with a dignity and take a draw or good result from Barangay,but this wasn't possible.The Royal Barangay it was the leader of Group 9 and Red Blackiland the last,Royal Barangay,very experienced team with very good chances to enter one more time in a World Cup and Red Blackiland very inexperienced team in your first worldwide participation and in the begin of all,in this scenario,the match started in Royal Barangay Stadium.
The Royal Barangay team,dominated the match all along,left a few chances for Red Blackiland,which were don't exploited by the Dark and Red team.Rick Martinez,the Barangay's coach mantained your slightly offensive formation with fast wingers and this make effect in this game,much attacks on the begin came from the right side of the defense,the first of these attacks started with Macaleng make a long pass to Corsiga shooted crossed the RB area and passed near of the left-post of Hargreaves.In the minute 15 and 20,Royal Barangay hit the post with the shoots of Robin Linsangan and Erick Khan,in the response counter-attack,Carmona cleared the defense and pass to Felipinho,Felipinho crossed to Juliano Matheus head up but out to goal-line.
The offensive pression of The Royal Barangay make effect and in minute 30,Linsangan make a long pass to defensive intermediate area of Red Blackiland,Macaleng dominate the ball in the chest and shooted in the down-right-side of Hargreaves,great goal for the Royal Barangay,great goal for maintain the first place of the group!
After this,the Baragaynian team,opted for control the possession ball with much line passes,Red Blackiland built four more counter-attacks but all losed by Carmona and Felipinho,in the end of game,one more chance to each team,very good save from the both goalkeepers,Hargreaves and Marty Balido.
End of the game and winned the best,1x0 Royal Barangay that follow with the first placed and Red Blackiland for now,rest for us,settle with the last place.

New face to Red Glorious Stadium

The Red Glorious Stadium wall color change in accord who team will play in the stadium.In this time blue because East Redínxson

The Red Glorious Stadium that's located in Foster Valley,a neighborhood of the Red Blackiland's capital,Blackbéhrry City,the stadium is of West Redinxson F.C and East Redinxson F.C and wasn't in National Team Matches version in these photos,but,we don't talking about this today.
The Red Glorious Stadium was modernizated and expanded today for receiving the resting matches of WCQ and give more comfort for the Red Blackiland fans and the away team or match rival fans.
In the left-side of avenue fall,a Headquarters of a Televion Station and with one modern golf club with luxury hotel,the away and home spaces was expanded and received diners,drinking areas and other things like the capacity amplied to 52.000 seats.
All of this is a part from the Big Modernization of the Red Blackiland Sports Stadium process,considerated ended today.

Adidas reached in Red Blackiland!

Revealed,finally the all of the third kit and Adidas reached in RB,the giant sports equipment enterprise opened a filial in the country with the headquarters in Financial a little neighborhood in Redínxson.Red Blackilandians be hurry to buy this kit!

See you soon!
Red Blackiland / Rotschwarzland (Click here to acess our main factbook)
Nationalism, Willpower, Culture, Bravure
Check our Football National Team
Red Blackiland Football League Official Thread
Meski Sports Kitmaker - Kits|Crests|Balls
Titles/Achievements : 3rd NS World Fair Champions|CoH 66 and 67 QFs|CE 17 3rd Place|Qualified for WCs 76-77
Hosted/Co-Hosted : Cup of Harmony 66 and 67|Baptism of Fire 61|Handball World Cup 14,Handball World Cup 15|Miller Cup I|Meski Cup I

Eura
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eura » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm

EURA THRASH CHARRUTERRA THANKS TO SINCLAIR AS MID-QUALIFYING BREAK NEARS
Narrow Licentian victory over Lavertezzo maintains five point gap

Simon Banning reports from Bastion

EURA - 6
Oslograd 34, 59
Churchilli 47
Sinclair 50, 56, 65

CHARRUTERRA - 2
Cohujaan 45+3
Magnua 83

Eura recovered from their embarrasing performance and result in the Holy Forden Church to thrash Charruterra as Craig Sinclair finally rediscovered his world class abilities.

Eura came out with an altered lineup due to recent events. Gavin Madison was dropped after a poor performance in his last game while Craig Gilbert was serving a one game suspension, so in came Mark Rogers and Derek Millson at centreback. Eura played at full strength in midfield, while up front Skorji Oslograd returned to the starting line up with Sam Ashtree. So Eura were at full strength, apart from their middle two at the back. They started off the match in front of a nervous crowd and a somewhat edgy Kelly Sporadic with a whimper, as Charruterra somewhat ominously took the front foot early. The underdogs almost scored too, as Adeltú Cohújaan found himself alone in the box with the ball in the 9th minute after a deflected cross went through the backline. Cohujaan should've scored, but instead of taking a touch he hit the ball first time with his right foot. It was too near Chris Waller and allowed the Euran keeper to punch it over the bar. Eura were on the back foot and clearly nervous. They had to be rallied on by something, and it was the fans who would be that catalyst for a good performance on this cold evening.

Eura started to string some passes together, and warned Charruterra of what was to come with a rasping Oslograd shot in the 30th minute after ten minutes of dull midfield stalemate. Then came the opening goal, though perhaps not in the fashion that one might have expected it to be scored in. Eura won a free kick about 45 yards from goal, which Gareth Blackthorn lumped forward in an uncharacteristic display of route one football from Eura's midfield metronome. The ball looped into the box and cleared both the Euran players and Charruterra's defence. Goalkeeper Júrja Mahí completely misjudged his jump and missed the ball, turning his head as he fell to watch it rebound back off the bar. Before any defenders could react, Oslograd poached on the free ball with a half volley from six yards. The weight had been lifted off Eura's shoulders, but not for long. In first half stoppage time, Cohujaan made up for his earlier missed sitter by turning in an Ijí Rungajé cross through the legs of Waller.

The stadium remained uneasy but more animated than before the goals at half time. As the second half dawned, they had no idea of the carnage they were about to witness in the Charruterra goal. Just two minutes after the restart, Weylon Churchilli broke the agitated tedium with a thunderbolt of a shot from 20 yards that beat Mahi to the top left hand corner of the goal. Craig Sinclair had got the assist for that goal with an unremarkable pass, but it would be his performance in the next twenty minutes that would light up the evening. Three minutes after the second Euran goal, Sinclair got on the scoresheet himself, flicking in off his heel from 6 yards after Mahi was only able to parry a downward travelling Ashtree header, leaving Sinclair with an open net. Five minutes later and Sinclair was on the warpath again, this time striking the post with a low shot. Only a minute after that he put Eura 4-1 up, exchanging a 1-2 with Spartan on the edge of the box to get past Yrraisiji Ajahámpa far too easily before blasting it past the keeper.

Sinclair was on fire, and he turned creator next. Eura swarmed the Charruterran box in the 59th minute, but shots from Blackthorn and Rogers were blocked before Adams had to sweep the ball out to the left. Sinclair was in plenty of space out there, and he used it to his full advantage, whipping in a delightful cross that Oslograd powered in with an acrobatic volley. In the space of fifteen minutes, Charruterra had been blown away, going from 1-1 at half time after a confident first half performance to down and out at 5-1. It would get worse as this twenty minute odd rout came to an end in the 65th minute, when Sinclair was able to complete his hattrick. Ashtree was looking for a goal and shooting at every opportunity, including one chance where he belted the ball at the goal from 30 yards. Mahi reacted poorly once again and could only knock the powerful shot to the side with his feet. Rungaje collected the ball and had plenty of time to clear at the edge of the six yard box, yet he hesitated, and then tried to chip the ball over Skorji Oslograd as the Euran closed him down. The ball went to the side of Oslograd but only out to the edge of the box, where Sinclair was waiting to sprint in and slam the ball into the top left hand corner with his left foot, leaving Mahi with no chance.

Eura kept pressing all game, but were unable to score again as tiredness set in and they were forced to turn down the tempo. Oslograd hit the post once more and missed a sitter from 10 yards as he searched for his hattrick. Even Andrew Watson and Derek Millson got in on the action, both having good chances to score go to waste. There was one silver lining for Charruterra, who got a second goal back to ease their humiliation with a Carapé Magnua tap in from a corner. It was an unfair result on the away side, who had only really been dominated for a quarter or so of the game. However Eura had no qualms about wreaking havoc on the opposition, with a hypothetically easier fixture against Lons ahead. Meanwhile, the Licentians have another easy fixture against Viinborg, so it seems they will have a perfect record in the first half of qualifying against all expectations. However that still leaves plenty of time for a collapse that Eura could capitalise on. Importantly, Eura will have a full squad available to them again for at least the next game against Viinborg.

Player Ratings

Eura - Waller 7, Churchilli 7, Rogers 7, Millson 6, Watson 6, Adams 6 (Robel 6), Blackthorn 7 (Anderson 6), Spartan 8, Sinclair 10, Oslograd 9, Ashtree 7 (Brady 6)

Charruterra - Mahí 4, Úguhu 6, Ajahámpa 3, Rungajé 4, Fajú 6 (Botán 4), Raham 5 (Vaimaca 5), Tabaré 6, Doimalnaeje 5, Cohújaan 7, Arahayán 5 (Magnua 7), Darmafá 6

Match Stats

Shots - EUR 23 - 10 CHA
Shots on Target - EUR 13 - CHA 5
Possession - EUR 58% - 42% CHA
Fouls - EUR 14 - 19 CHA
Attendance - 107,402
Man of the Match - Craig Sinclair (Eura)

YOU ARE CURRENTLY ON: SPORT / FOOTBALL

MAIN NEWS HEADLINES
- Euran troops commence final Mytannion pull out after nearly a decade of involvement; Esca fears "imminent internal collapse"
- House of Metropolitans votes in favour of new legislation on rail regulation
- "Euraucracy" author to receive state honour for contribution to literature
- Fifteen Sameban troops dead after helicopter crashes in DMZ
- Comedian Frannie Boyce criticised for "Austro-slacker-vakians" sketch
United Federation of Eura - Sporting achievements
Champions: WC66, WC73, CR23, CR27, CR34, CoH 85, Market Cup I, Next Generation Trophy, Gold Medal (Mens Football) Olympics IX
Runner up: WC60, WC72, WC78, CR16, CR20, CR32, CR44, CoH51, COH79
Host: CR24, CR37, BoF60, CR Under 21's and Under 17's

Northern Sunrise Islands
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Northern Sunrise Islands » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:21 pm

RADIO ESPORTIVA
Chapter 6, Season 4: Let the Crow Loose

Nephara: Yup.
Wolfie: Yeah... to avoid danger and all.
Nexxus Drako: True.
Kitsunia: You know, I think it would be nicer if we started to discuss this after he arrives and-

The door opens as Mikoto enters, laughing, followed by Sunrise, a bit angry.

Sunrise: Why did you tell them of what happened that day you almost froze the entire dimension to shits?
Mikoto: I thought you wanted them know how you saved the world.
Sunrise: By landing on top of you!
Mikoto: Hey, it was a nice kiss, at least.
Sunrise: Really? ...Hey, wait!

Sunrise looks around, notices it is a meeting.

Sunrise: Did I miss any memo regarding birthdays?
GAS: Sindy broke out of the asylum, Sunrise.
Sunrise: Eh?
GAS: You know... dangerous, shot a decent amount of people at the mall... wanted to bust our asses, though most specifically you.
Sunrise: Why?
Prince Matthew: Well... You ate her lunch.
Sunrise: ...The sandwich?
Prince Matthew: Yup.
Sunrise: Also, how did you get here so quick?
Hodori: Unyu.
Sunrise: ...Forgot you had a car.
Dainer: Anyways, we got word that there is a witness protection program and-
Southie Sunrise: You would just have to move for a while, I''m sure you'd get a new job at the new town!
Mikoto: But... I would miss you.
Sunrise: Eh, who the hell says I'm leaving?
Llama-lan: Anyone... zzz... that doesn't wish to... *yawn*... see a bullet maybe hitting them... that's who.
Kitsunia: Plus, you could move to somewhere else, like the place the Bronies live at.
Sunrise: Ehhhh... would rather not. Besides, it's just a girl that could get a gun, it's not like she's having any help at that...
Southie Sunrise: Yeah...
East Sunrise: Well, good luck, dad. Keep an eye open. Well... two eyes open.

A couple of hours later on the little Sunrise's rooms.

East Sunrise: I know it.
Southie Sunrise: What?
East Sunrise: You helped Sindy break out of the asylum.
Southie Sunrise: I did not!
East Sunrise: Westie.

Westie Sunrise leaped from behind the bed, with Southie's diary on hand.

Southie Sunrise: Taught her how to do that?
Westie Sunrise: Yup. ^-^
Southie Sunrise: Well, regardless, I talked with her and she's not going to do a lot to that jackass anyways. She's only going to scare him out.
East Sunrise: The same chick that hurt dozens at the mall.
Southie Sunrise: And what's the point?
East Sunrise: She's going to murder him, Southie.
Southie Sunrise: Psh. She's not!
East Sunrise: Well. Look at what she did for a sandwich.
Southie Sunrise: ...well, damn.
Tails... Watch out, you're gonna crash, aaaaah!
Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer) | PokéCard ~ Label Guide
Champion: WC 75 and 76, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41
Now known as Kita-Hinode

Evraim
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Evraim » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm

The Daily Comet

No angry mobs in Beleván's future thanks to Jeckland

Elkan Joselewicz, The Daily Comet

We are almost halfway through the qualifying rounds. This, as all dedicated readers know, means that the guys upstairs have compelled me to write an article explicating the current standings for Group 1 and rationalizing the inexcusable errors I made in the last flurry of nonsensical drivel I composed, under pain of being replaced by some upstart from the intern program should I refuse. As it is inconceivable that I would demean myself by managing Netanya FC or Ashram Lyar FC, and Cor City FC views me with unbridled contempt since I accidentally hit on the head coach's wife at a cocktail party last year, I have no choice in the matter. Thus, without further ado, I will endeavor to relay the results for the previous three matches to you, our loyal readers, who should probably play football more instead of reading about it online.

As you know, dear readers, our boys took a horrid beating when they ran up against the bench squad from the Northern Sunrise Islands, who, despite being rusty from their stint away from regular play, miraculously cut through the butter that is Beleván's defense. Ben-Ami sought to exonerate our team from the charge of being a shower of uncoordinated twits by slipping two past Luke Charmander, who was busy tying his shoe laces. Ulan added a third goal in the second half through likewise ungentlemanly means, much to the relief of the audience, who weren't unusually eager to watch the home team lose 4-1. On the Vaporeons side, Pietra Carvalho, Louise Montblanc, and, weirdly enough, Joseph Jolly each managed to pummel the net. Carvalho and Montblanc added two goals apiece, while Jolly, who for whatever reason was playing as a striker, scored a fifth. Tsunami Storm was about as futile as a romantic evening of wine-sipping at Wolfstein with a Ganosian quail and the Λasée-Concilier.

In a predictable result, Evraim demolished the nameless zombies from Tryienne with a score of 2-0 in an away game that failed to surprise even the dimmest rugby fanatic. The home team was content to park the bus as Ben-Ami, Ulan, and Nikoloz battered their man-made palisade. Ben-Ami, as usual, netted a goal in the first fifteen minutes, while the young Nikoloz, who is more than welcome to see my granddaughter, scored in stoppage at the end of the first forty five minutes. Nikoloz really shined throughout the match, rightfully earning a recommendation as the most valuable man on the field, an achievement that may bolster him in his competition with Ulan over the title of best young player in the league. The celebrations following the win were unnecessarily riotous, as is the norm with our rowdy boys. They proceeded to sing "Our Spurs are Hot", after shaking hands like affable chaps, naturally, and then Ulan, Ben-Ami, and Kabédé upended a cooler over Nikoloz's head to congratulate him on his stardom. After this, the details grow more fuzzy, but experts have hypothesized that no fewer than five women from the host country have fallen pregnant. All that is known at this point is that notorious buzz-kill Avdil Šarho is most likely not responsible.

In the next game, Evraim suffered a devastating 3-2 loss against Jeckland, who have been round-long opponents for the fifth place finish that I so magnanimously predicted. Indamar Ulan and Melkamzer Kabédé emerged as the heroes on our side. Jeckland's footballers exchanged names for masks like those worn by the anarchist from the film V for Vendetta. Little else is known about them, except that they are a competent footballing side. During this match, Yair Mamo was given a red card on account of his being a dimwit. He attempted a dangerous tackle inside the box, giving a PK and subsequent goal to Evraim's rivals.

Finally, our boys squashed the no-name side from Jecatria with ease in an away game, whooping off the field after netting three goals and conceding none. An out-of-form Ben-Ami gained one of these, while the final two came from miracle-worker Ulan, the man of the match, who, despite taking two red card worthy injuries, plowed through Jecatria's defenses. As stated, two red cards were awarded to the opposing side, and it took a special kind of magic to stay a wholesale blowout. By magic, I mean Beleván told his side to take it easy. This represents sage advise considering Ben-Ami's condition, and Panzieri's permanent removal from the team due to a torn ligament. As for the parties in Jecatria, rinse and repeat the ones from Tryienne.

As for my previous rubbish predictions, Ha Izarayím took a draw against HopNation to the tune of 3-3. I gravely overestimated both team's defensive abilities. Strange, considering how robust I was in criticizing their defensive lineups and techniques. A similar thing happened when the projected loss to the Vaporeons. My predictions for the Tryienne and Jecatria matches were mostly validated. In essence, my single serious error came from the slip-up against Jeckland, who seem posed to steal the fifth place finish that I predicted after their narrow victory over Beleván's men. Nonetheless, any finish above last place would represent a marked improvement, and would go a long way in vindicating the coach of World Cup 67's results.

Group 1                                           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Northern Sunrise Islands 6 5 1 0 14 7 +7 16
2 Mizuyuki 6 5 0 1 14 4 +10 15
3 Thatius 6 3 2 1 7 3 +4 11
4 HopNation 6 2 2 2 13 11 +2 8
5 Evraim 6 2 1 3 13 12 +1 7
6 Jeckland 6 1 2 3 7 12 −5 5
7 Jecatria 6 1 0 5 5 15 −10 3
8 Tryienne 6 0 2 4 0 9 −9 2

Looking at the table, we can expect few changes. Jeckland will most likely seize the fifth place slot after beating Jecatria by a decent margin. We will retain the advantage in point differentials, meaning that a single slip in the future could tilt the odds in Evraim's favor, though we haven't had too many surprises thus far. The Vaporeons and Mizuyuki will retain their top slots, and will almost certainly qualify, with Thatius posing a minimal threat. Jecatria and Tryinne would need four wins just to catch up to Mizuyuki as they stand now, and will almost inevitably be eliminated in the early stages of the next series of match-ups.

As for the up-coming and much anticipated match against Mizuyuki, a team that Ha Izarayím encountered during friendlies at World Cup 67, we can expect a rather different line-up from Beleván, who has stated that Ben-Ami will sit on the bench for the next game. This means that Evraim will have to rely on Ulan and Kabédé to spearhead attacks. Meanwhile, Ardelan Krishtzophar will play for the temporarily suspended Mamo, who may yet face further penalties from the UFEF for unsportsmanlike conduct. In short, expect a weakened team to confront one of Evraim's most formidable rivals and a team that numbers among the most formidable at the World Cup, in an away game, no less. I don't expect the stars to shine, but I'll be the first to admit that anything is possible.

Elkan Joselewicz briefly studied human kinetics at Richtenberg University, located in the city of Tyres, before dropping out to play football with Netanya FC, where he gained great notoriety. He later developed careers as a manager and then as an analyst. He serves as a senior analyst for the Daily Comet at the moment, though he has been floated as a potential replacement for the aging Azarya Narkis.

Trending

• Seraf Fiorenze and Geran Sepharros AC look to NSI for young talents
• Ben-Ami is the top-scorer, surprises no one
• Ungar set to transfer from Ashram Lyar FC to Bethsames FC
• The Comet's Elkan Joselewicz declared the hottest analyst over fifty, the internet is a frightening place indeed

Comments (3,537,002)

Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:51 pm

OOC: Short because I had no idea where to go with this storyline today.

Part 1: Cool Guys Don't Look at Explosions
Part 2: What Can You Do?
Part 3: L33T H4XX0R SK1LLZ
Part 4: Things Fall Apart
Part 5: News at 9

Part 6: We Want Ignatius

3 days later…

Anti-government protests spread around Vaugania after the attacks in Port Byron and after a group of civilians were wrongfully detained (and possibly tortured) by federal police the next day. They were looking for someone new to be in charge. A new system. No one could take charge in this current system. Kris Strong wasn’t in charge and where he was truly in charge he was not good enough.

To be the leader of 120,000,000 people is a great responsibility that brings along with it, great power. The people wanted someone that they knew could handle the power. Someone that worshipped with them as much as he watched over them. They wanted the Archbishop in power. He runs a religion, so shouldn’t he be able to run a country?

Cheers of “Vive Ignatii!” and “We Want Ignatius!” could be heard outside of the Capitol Building. Nothing more would happen with all of these angered citizens stood in the legislators’ way. There weren’t getting out of the way until they got their way. A meeting with Archbishop Ignatius XI would have to be arranged. Kris Strong could only hope that he would still have a job at the end of this.

These protesters, of course, were being arrested for disrupting the government, but every time one was hauled away, another came and took his place. This was happening in cities all across Vaugania. Buesk, Hokejs, Sorochuk, Stromhurst, Lindsborough, you name it.

The one place where it was different was in St. John’s. The message there was largely positive. Large groups of people were gathered outside the Cathedral of Vaugania where the Archbishop of the Vauganian Catholic Church celebrated Mass every Sunday. They were there praying that the Archbishop would go to Yzerberg and meet with Kris Strong. And that he would take charge of the country they so dearly loved. Ignatius would know best. He would make things better.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

Felix
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Felix » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:52 pm

(OOC: For this RP I will be taking the training of troops from a personal standpoint. At some point in this WCQ I will take it from a general standpoint.)

Previously

Higuera, Felix

Unlike most soldiers in Free Felixian army 24 year old private first class Thomas Gershwin recorded his journeys in the war. And he recorded in a untraditional way. Instead of a simple journal entry like most folks that did record their war journey Gershwin had many tapes containing his experiences of the war. While some of his fellow soldiers made fun of him doing this he didn't care, he could never express his thoughts on paper so why not just do a voiced recorded entry? He began to get a new recorded and pressed the red button it started to record, "Journal Entry #30, These Quebecois. So after a week or so of rest from our grueling march the generals decided to finally use these elite trained Quebecois soldiers and generals as a way to teach us the ropes of warfare. To say that this sucked is like saying Lex Crowley is a great guy."

"Seriously," he continued as if talking to someone, "These guys made you the most brutal things. Like they made us run these climbing a mountain for 3 days with a 30kg bag and 20kg uniform worn, rock climbing a virtual mountain multiple times, in a time limit of 30 minutes drill bull a lot. It was bruuuuuutal like you wouldn't believe. Then guess what these guys thought to do? Throw us off a perfectly good plane. Like seriously? I am a man of the ground I hate heights and I hate falling. I was screaming bloody murder from drop, to cord pull to landing. So to say I am not read for any parachuting is... Well you know." He paused as he looked around, "Anyways while we took breaks from training I decided to visit the small city of Higuera. It's a great city you know? Despite it's remoteness and lack of Felixianness feeling..." he laughed at his own words and continued.

"Well I met this girl. It sounds super cliché but I think she is the one. I plan on asking her out on date. She speaks Spanish and only Spanish but I am sure I can ask one of my Spanish brother in arm if he can help a bro out. Maybe he can, it would be great." Another pause is heard, "Oh crap looks like we are having another round of hellclimbers. For those that might listen to this hellclimbers is the name we put for that 30kg/20kg thing. Seriously it sucks." another laugh is heard, "Alright I gotta go for real. I guess I will be updating this thing once again. Um, good bye I guess, haha, yeah. Goodbye." Gershwin turned off his recorder and put it in a drawer and headed out. It was indeed another hellclimber. Time to go obviously.

For soldiers like Gershwin this was a daily experience, get up, train, sleep. Repeat. Until Saturday and Sunday everyday was a workout day of some type. Whether it would be running 10 Km, shooting at targets, hand to hand combat, whatever if it made you tired as hell after doing it the Quebecois would make the Free Felixian soldiers do that. And despite the complaints and moans from both men and women they were getting some elite training. Soon in the Spring they would expect a big surprise. It was called being militarily equal to the Felixian Army, something they haven't been at all in this civil war so far. This workout starting in the Fall was sowing the seeds for success n the future. This was a landmark moment in the war.

Glore, Kitsune-Deese

It was time to leave the safe confines of Kitsune-Deese. It was time to leave Aéroport National du Glore on that private jet. Before she left Glore she made an announcement that she will be travelling around the multiverse to find support for Felix against the Corvidae enemy currently occupying her country. She wouldn't say where she was traveling to and that was obvious on the reason why. FIA agents would surely would want to kill her or worse recapture her and put her in a work camp where she would face a lot of suffering then die in a gruesome and painful way in the hands of either disease, overwork or hunger. Yup, that was officially worse that death. She shivered at the thought of it and waved goodbye as the she entered the jet. The door closed and the pilots began their final checks. Soon enough the plane began to take off, "V1" said the first officer checking the speed. Then the captain spoke up, "V2" after the jet reached a certain speed. It was up in the air now and was headed west. Towards Brenecia, Tamara's first nation in her list.

Inside the jet the president sat down sipping some Felixian red wine and looking at the window thinking about numerous things. It seemed she was so focused nothing could catch her attention not even Radio Free Felix's coverage of the Super-Llamaland/Felix game. Despite the oohs and ahs from the staff and security guards listening in Tamara was undistracted and was deep in her own thoughts. Thoughts such as, "What should I say? I mean, I don't want to sound desperate but I want to sound affirmative. Gaaaaaaaaaaaah." She shook her head she noticed on the small tv screen the map from Kitsune-Deese and Brenecia, they were a quarter of a way there. Meaning they still had a long time till they arrived to that country. She sighed wishing to land soon. Little did anyone know she had a nervousness over flights. Not a good time considering what's going on but it was there. She drank more wine.

Hours later...

Rozelle, Brenecia

As the tires began to screech in order to slow down the plane the bumps in the plane rattled the president but it wasn't so bad that she freaked out, she merely gulped. Finally the plane stopped at the door opened. Out to greet her, staff and guards was a limo. She got in along with the 10 other people and the limo quickly drove Tamara towards the capitol itself. The city like the country itself was humble but respectable. She looked at the skyscrapers and smiled she definably knew she wasn't in a plane anymore. Another 10 minutes later the limo stopped at the Prime Minister's house of residence and Tamara Van Der Ven's door opened. She walked out and was welcomed by Rachel Murdock, the Conservative Prime Minister of Brenecia. She was a nationalist but she wasn't anything like the radical nationalists back in Felix. She was sane and only wanted to better her country.

They shook hands and entered the room. From there they would discuss the small things such as where were you born, basic politics, et cetera. Soon enough though the two began to reach the important subject. Support for Felix. This was crucial a yes or at least a diplomatic yes could cause a domino effect for yeses around the multiverse. So for next few hours they would talk about a lot of things regarding this subject. What type of military support if any, monetary support, diplomatic support, etc. Eventually after hours of deliberating the Prime Minister of Brenecia, Rachel Murdock made up her mind. She would say yes to support but she wouldn't go as far as giving men to help the Free Felixians. Instead there would be a mixture of monetary and soft diplomatic support for Felix. Despite all the limitations this was a clear yes for support. This was Free Felix's first victory in the diplomatic arena.

Now they got that done it was off to the next country that wasn't so far away actually. It was the country of Nephara formerly known as New Sideburn. Oddly enough it was Nephara who won the Campionato Esportiva final in Felix before the full fledged arrival of the Corvidae backed Nationalists so to say this future meeting had historical importance was a bit of an understatement considering the CE X was the last thing a democratically elected government did. So Tamara was very much looking forward to this meeting. Hopefully, like the Brenecian deal the Nephara one would have the same result. A yes.

To be continued...

Brenecia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Brenecia » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 pm

Six matches. Five wins and a draw to take from them.
It was time to sit back and take stock.

Five wins... was about two or three more than people had predicted by this stage, and the draw against the Syndicate, IN the Syndicate, was certainly not considered to be on the cards at the start. This was not the kind of side that most would think could stand up to the pressure in the World Cup. And yet...

Still. The next match was the one that would decide things.

Catherine Bardsley checked her notes from the Patistan match, and, hell, it was all positive. 3-1 away was a solid result against a pretty decent team. All they could've asked for more was a clean sheet, but Pence couldn't have done much about the goal, a header from the 36-year old Yusuf Kerai, taking advantage of loose marking at a corner. Cheney Scherzer could've marked him tighter, but he'd already scored that day, and that was his job. He had, in fact, scored at a rate of over once a match so far. It surely couldn't be kept up, but dropping a striker in that kind of form was insanity.

Steed Curtis had done alright on the left, supplying him with that assist. And Fiona Berenger had been strong as well, providing another for Morgan Underwood. Neither Curtis nor Berenger would start the next match, however. The more conservative Allbeck would have her hands full trying to shut down Rogalski, and as for Curtis... he simply wasn't the player Miriam Spitfire was. But Snowden, who'd performed admirably as usual and chalked up a goal of his own, would start - as would Underwood, who now had his first goal for his country with a bullet header, and the fine Erin Camden.

Portadown had had a comparitively weak game against Patistan, but only relative to her outstanding form prior to that, and Gallagher had been solid, looking at last like he was over his niggling ankle injury. Jayce Pence had been solid, and hadn't made any real errors in four matches, which had been more than atoned for with her performance against the Syndicate. Greig had been spectacular, too. Not that that would be much consolation, as he'd also picked up his second caution of qualifying with a callous professional foul - Brenecia would be facing Ruentenbach without their best defender. Hopefully Emma Kelly could stand up to the heat.

There was, of course, reason for pessimism. The Ruentenbachers were fresh off dispatching the Inevitable Syndicate 2-0. Many of their players hailed from their own league, which was... bluntly, not that strong. That was something you could judge on paper - in practice, this team could annihilate anyone on their day. And if the golden generation were seemingly determined to stay in and improve the state of their national league, then perhaps that was something to be admired - Catherine wryly wondered what the state of the Brenecian A-League might be were it not for the yearly exodus of its best talents.

Truth be told, Catherine had always quietly admired the Ruentenbachers - a team not overendowed with prodigious talents, but willing to run any other team into the ground. They played with an explosive, aggressive tempo that was a joy to watch, and an utter bitch to play against.

What they didn't have, comparitively speaking, was physicality. While Catherine may not have liked it, it was helpful that she had players like Gallagher who was more than capable of keeping a technical player like Meisenhal quiet. And the ones that were strong, certainly weren't fast; Dante Ruiz, for example, would hopefully struggle to deal with a relentless, physical terrier like Morgan Underwood.

Against the old Brenecia, this would've been a battle of opposites. Jon Slatesaver would have relished the chance to sit back and wait for the counterattack, hoping an aging, experienced defence would have what it took to shut Meisenhal, Rogalski, Wippenbeck and Baumgartner out of the game. The Patriots would be dour, defensive and violent, pursuing nothing more than the purity of The Result.

This, in the present, would not be a battle of opposites. This would be two sides coming together and trading punches, exploiting gaps, smashing through defences. It would be an exhilarating affair to watch, moreso to play in. And Catherine was nothing if not an adrenaline junkie... she'd be watching every single second with bated breath.

Because if Brenecia won this, they'd be on top of the group.
Puppet of Nephara.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports