NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to Creating a Product

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Globexanter
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:29 am

Noble Siam wrote:Greetings from the Noble Siam people, we have an idea but new to the global community. Where do we go to set up our storefront?

Thank you

You need to go to the Global Economics and Trade Subforum, where you should create a Topic with the company's name in order to post your idea for everyone to see.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm working on a new storefront, which will sell the following product:
Magazines / Publications

This has one advantage; people can actually see the product, hosted on my offsite NationStates related site for my nation.
The product will be in "flipbook" format, like on www.yudu.com or www.issuu.com, it may even be hosted on Issuu as well (note that on Issuu, you have to view it full-screen to read it as a book!). At least it's tangible in a sense.

How should I design the product, and is having a "service industry" storefront like this a good idea? OK, so the products are "Captain Ersatz"es (look the term up on TVTropes.org) of RL products/magazines, but the content is my own.

Would anyone be interested in such a storefront?

Note: Previous storefronts of mine should be considered null and void. Everything is being given a reboot (basically, starting from scratch). Previous storefronts didn't work out, so there's no harm in starting from scratch again, I don't expect to be successful overnight/instantly but am going to try to be successful.
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Mazrian
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mazrian » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 am

what does Post-modern mean? I know I sound stupid.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Mazrian wrote:what does Post-modern mean? I know I sound stupid.

The technology after modern-technology, and before future technology.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Mazrian
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mazrian » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks

The Yan Tan Tethera
Attaché

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yan Tan Tethera » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:34 pm

Is it all right to start a store that sells multiple products? I did read the whole post, but sometimes my eyes skip around if it's a long bunch of text, so I might have missed something...

By the way, very nice guide! Thanks for bringing this to us!
Last edited by The Yan Tan Tethera on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:45 pm

The Yan Tan Tethera wrote:Is it all right to start a store that sells multiple products? I did read the whole post, but sometimes my eyes skip around if it's a long bunch of text, so I might have missed something...

By the way, very nice guide! Thanks for bringing this to us!

By multiple products, what did you mean..? If they're under one generalised category; such as multiple homecooking appliances product, but nevertheless all still under the homecooking appliance category.. or multiple armaments product (land vehicles, naval vessels and aircraft) which is still categorised under military product anyway, then i guess it'll be much easier to maintain the storefront of your company (your thread).

Of course, multiple product across multiple sectors are fine; there has been multiple storefronts which have accomplished that so far. But i gues, it'll need a better formatting style, as otherwise your potential client/customer which will browse your storefront, will be confused by the juxtaposed products being sold inside your storefront. Of course, and again i will say this, a balanced and good product listing and format will easily fix that problem.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

The Yan Tan Tethera
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yan Tan Tethera » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:27 pm

I was thinking of doing a store that had several of my nation's favorite things for sale, you know? For instance, Tetheran pottery would be available, perhaps, and so would Tetheran-wove cloth, and whatever else. I most likely wouldn't a wide range of categories or anything.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 am

The Yan Tan Tethera wrote:I was thinking of doing a store that had several of my nation's favorite things for sale, you know? For instance, Tetheran pottery would be available, perhaps, and so would Tetheran-wove cloth, and whatever else. I most likely wouldn't a wide range of categories or anything.

Okie then. As far as i can see, it should be completely alright to do so. You'll just need a good formatting style and clear-cut introduction to the each product categories which your storefront (the storefront for your company's product and/or service) offers.

And finally, a little research on the internet regarding the product/service which you're planning to export will not hurt. Good luck with your future storefront and best wish.

The Yan Tan Tethera
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Yan Tan Tethera » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:59 am

Thank you very much! I'll take your advice. I look forward to this project.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:56 pm

A question I am often asked, "how much should I write for my product?"

The answer? Aim for anywhere between 500 and 2500 words. The space between these two figures is ideal because you are compromising between having a neat, short and easy to read write up, and also providing enough information about what you are trying to sell. Less than 500 words and your product starts to become a bit sketchy, more than 2,500 and people won't be able to read it properly in one go. When you stray less than 500 or more than 2,500, you start to lose a customer base.

Note that information not relative to the technical aspects of the product shouldn't be included in your word count.

Hope this helps, everyone!
[strike]I'm a former NS Mentor! If you have any roleplaying related questions, feel free to ask me over telegram!

If I ever appear to be inactive, it's because I am.

Sherishah
Civilian

Founded: Oct 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sherishah » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant but can we sell something our particular nation 'country' already produces and if so, does our country then make money off of the sales? Such as, my nations has a small trout industry. If I sell trout, let's say, to those with restaurants will it help increase the trout industry of my nation? I just started playing NationStates today so I'm not sure how this all works even after reading everything posted here. Thanks for any infor anyone can send my way. :)

Dewhurst-Narculis
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dewhurst-Narculis » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:35 pm

Sherishah wrote:Sorry if I sound a bit ignorant but can we sell something our particular nation 'country' already produces and if so, does our country then make money off of the sales? Such as, my nations has a small trout industry. If I sell trout, let's say, to those with restaurants will it help increase the trout industry of my nation? I just started playing NationStates today so I'm not sure how this all works even after reading everything posted here. Thanks for any infor anyone can send my way. :)

The industry mentioned in the overview of your nation? No, but it will make your nation "RP" money if your government does it or you could create a business to sell the fishies which keeps most of the profits.

The RP money is merely relevant within the forum, I made many billions with a store early on, selling defense items. It just increased how much my government could purchase in the forums, not my economic rating on the overview page. Hope I helped
Last edited by Dewhurst-Narculis on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PT/MT Nation
Death is the only Absolute
The Grand Duchy of Dewhurst-Narculis
|Monarchist Nation| DEFCON [3] [2][1]
Coveton Crisis 1828-Mutual victory
Quendisphere War 2010-Resolved

1st Great Southern War 1898
2nd Great Southern War 1925
3rd Great Southern War 1942-1944
4th Great Southern War 1983
Dewhurst-Narculian- Theaman War 2010
Okhotsk Conflict 2012-2013
2nd Cedorian-Gilnean War-2014 ^All Won

North Vasangal Uprising-2014-(Ongoing)
Dervistonian War-2014-(Ongoing)
One of the the original founders of: SEC, Axis, SACTO and the Great Southern Ocean Region| Nine Years and no Condemnation/Commendation, what is this?

The Greater Aryan Race
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Aryan Race » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:36 am

I'm thinking of creating a pest control company though I'm a bit stumped as to what kind of products I want to sell, any suggestions please?
Imperium Sidhicum wrote:So, uh... Is this another one of those threads where everyone is supposed to feel outraged and circle-jerk in agreement of how injust and terrible the described incident is?

Because if it is, I'm probably going to say something mean and contrary just to contradict the majority.

This nation is now IC-ly known as the Teutonic Reich.

Mikoyan-Guryevich
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikoyan-Guryevich » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 am

The Greater Aryan Race wrote:I'm thinking of creating a pest control company though I'm a bit stumped as to what kind of products I want to sell, any suggestions please?

Pesticides, maybe household chemicals such as air and surface spray, toxic bait such as rat pellets, traps, personal protective equipment. Even stuff like insect repellant. I suppose just look at the general items associated with pest control and making your own versions of them.

Unless of course your definition of pests also includes large animals such as bears and tigers where you might want to include other more appropriate methods of control.
[strike]I'm a former NS Mentor! If you have any roleplaying related questions, feel free to ask me over telegram!

If I ever appear to be inactive, it's because I am.

The Yremia Corporate
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yremia Corporate » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:13 am

tag, good stuff will use. thanks a lot.

Human people federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Human people federation » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:07 am

how do i put pics on me storefront :?:
98% of internet users would cry when Facebook went down. If you are going to be the 2% that'll be just laughing around, paste this into your signature

Pradja
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pradja » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 am

You use the IMG tag.

If you are unfamiliar with BBCode check this out.

Human people federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Human people federation » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 am

not working
98% of internet users would cry when Facebook went down. If you are going to be the 2% that'll be just laughing around, paste this into your signature

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 am

The IMG tag can be used by placing the link to your image (say the URL for your image is http://www.example.com/example.jpg, for example) between the img tags, like this:
Code: Select all
[img]http://www.example.com/example.jpg[/img]
. The IMG tags (the opening and closing ones) can be generated automatically by one of the buttons above the reply box, like those for links, font size, bold, italics, quotes, and much more. Hovering your mouse pointer over one of those buttons for a few seconds gives some explanation about them, this might also be helpful.

Human people federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Human people federation » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:57 am

no work

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 am

What kind of image are you trying to post, if I may ask?

Human people federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Human people federation » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:51 am

[img]images.jpeg[/img] like is
Last edited by Human people federation on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Van Luxemburg
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Van Luxemburg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:57 am

You do need to provide a full weblink, to an image uploaded somewhere on the web, such as on photobucket or imgur, simply pasting the filename inbetween the img tags will not work.

Human people federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Human people federation » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:26 pm

oh

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade