NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial Military Industries

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Tarsas
Minister

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Imperial Military Industries

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:58 pm

The Emperor has officially authorized the IMI to sell arms to the world.

IMI was first conceived by Emperor William XIV during the Golden Age of the Empire. He recruited groups of engineers, designers, businessmen, architects, and workers. After this work force of over forty thousand men was assembled, he appointed Count Aren Marques as the head of IMI. The forty thousand laborers built a large tower in the middle of the Old Tarisan District and it was christened "Arsenal Tower". The tower had sixteen floors, an enormous feat back then and was considered a wonder of the pre modern world. The tower still serves as the central headquarters for IMI and contains the main design labs.

Today, IMI spans twenty massive factories, twenty design labs, and employs massive amounts of people. It's chief tasks are to design arms for the Empire and to supervise arms exports. The Emperor has officially set up the Imperial Arms Exports Offices. The IAEO can offer these arms to you at cheaper prices through advanced manufacturing technologies and new reforms that save money.

Rules
1. Make sure your economy can handle the purchase on NS tracker
2. Payment plans are available

Partner/Contributer Company Program

IMI has an extensive partner program. We are willing to feed some designs to partner companies, but we prefer contributers. Contributers are any person that contributes designs to our company. Terms are negotiated on a case by case basis.

Partners

Royal Britannian Arms Manufacturing Co.

Production Rights

IMI offers licenses to nations to produce certain designs. Prices are negotiated on a case by case basis. The licenses do not expire, but a nation who has both a license cannot issue the design to other nations. Breaking this term will result in IMI refusing business to the offender and immediate reporting to an appropriate authority.

All designs have been edited in draftroom and received commentary from other designers.

Check out our catalog at:

http://z7.invisionfree.invalid.com/IMI/index.php?act=idx
Last edited by Tarsas on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Imperial Shipwrights
Last edited by Tarsas on Tue May 04, 2010 8:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Tarsas
Minister

Reserved

Tarsas
Minister

Reserved

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:41 pm

[OOC: The number one rule when creating a storefront is that you don't make the customers do the math for you. Not only is this unrealistic and unnecessary, but the fact that other players are even buying from you should be enough motivation to simply pop out your calculator.]
Last edited by Collective Systems on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Collective Systems wrote:[OOC: The number one rule when creating a storefront is that you don't make the customers do the math for you. Not only is this unrealistic and unnecessary, but the fact that other players are even buying from you should be enough motivation to simply pop out your calculator.]

OOC: Some of the best arms fronts here like Lyran Arms require you to do your own math...and it's not a big issue to most people.

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

[OOC: It would push me, and many others away. And really? The costumers are taking their time to post, just do a little simple multiplication.]

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Collective Systems wrote:[OOC: It would push me, and many others away. And really? The costumers are taking their time to post, just do a little simple multiplication.]

OOC: I justify that by saying I spend hours on these designs I sell..and that should be plenty...since these are top of the line and well done...not many players take the time to address all the details of the vehicle and they usually write a vague description..plus these are draftroom approved
Last edited by Tarsas on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Collective Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Collective Systems » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:55 pm

[OOC: This design took me 20 minutes. I fail to see your reasoning.]

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Collective Systems wrote:[OOC: This design took me 20 minutes. I fail to see your reasoning.]

OCC: I had to spend hours researching properly. My technology is modern, and to get every aspect right requires research.
Last edited by Tarsas on Sun May 02, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Collective Systems wrote:[OOC: This design took me 20 minutes. I fail to see your reasoning.]

OOC: Well, that's really cool for you. You made a writeup for a picture you didn't (my guess) draw yourself. It's a really cool writeup. MT designs do require more effort because MT players fact-check more. Frankly, it's been traditional in storefronts since time immemorial to request that players do their own math.
Last edited by Allanea on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Sun May 02, 2010 1:27 am

IMI would like to announce the imminent release of a new design for sale to the public. To be released soon!

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon May 03, 2010 1:52 am

IMI would like to announce the release of the Prowler Class for export.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Mon May 03, 2010 3:25 am

Tarsas wrote:
Collective Systems wrote:[OOC: It would push me, and many others away. And really? The costumers are taking their time to post, just do a little simple multiplication.]

OOC: I justify that by saying I spend hours on these designs I sell..and that should be plenty...since these are top of the line and well done...not many players take the time to address all the details of the vehicle and they usually write a vague description..plus these are draftroom approved

OOC: iirc there's no such thing as Draftroom-approved
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 am

OOC: Making coustumer do there own math, will be some thing like tesco or sansburry asking you to do your own math when you are checking out. They are buying from you, you are getting money means that you need to do the hard bit.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon May 03, 2010 11:34 am

OOC: Tell that to all the other arms storefronts that require you to do your own math.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Mon May 03, 2010 3:20 pm

OOC: my apologies for adding to the derailing.

As the person largely responsible for the current you/the customer doing the "math" debate I would like to point out that I merely suggested that you do the math for a customer as part of an idealised "best practice" code. There is now rule on this matter and the "do your own math!" isn't universal to military storefront and never has been (it may have appeared so at a certain point of jolt when many of the longer running storefronts had become inactive).

Personally as a cusotmer I find the "do your own math" requirement/demand to be off putting as it appears lazy, arrogant and not great cusotmer service but that is just me.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon May 03, 2010 8:51 pm

OOC: FINE damn it I'll do the math. :@

Bendira
Senator

Founded: Apr 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bendira » Mon May 03, 2010 8:56 pm

ooc- Lol at collective systems trolling new storefronts
Political Compass:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.00

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon May 03, 2010 11:06 pm

IMI has officially released it's catalog!

http://z7.invisionfree.invalid.com/IMI/index.php?act=idx

Dinosians
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dinosians » Tue May 04, 2010 3:09 pm

OOC: If it makes people feel better (including Tarsas) I"LL do the math for all purchases, seeing as how my designs are now apart of this storefront.

Now someone buy something.

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Sun May 09, 2010 1:33 am

Bump :D

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 am

Bump

Hardenburgh
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardenburgh » Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Hardenburghian Naval office
13 - 45 Imperial Street
Asguard G154

TO:The Government of Tsaras

As a response to the outbreak of recent hostilities in the shape of the May Day War , the Government of Hardenburgh has increased the Naval budget in recognition of the fact that a wartime fleet needs by far greater operational capabilities. The Naval Department , has been looking for a new type of cruiser with enhanced anti-ship capabilities and has come to the conclusion that the Slava II Type Cruiser will provide the Hardenburghian navy with these essential capabilities. The Naval Department of Hardenburgh would hereby like to place an order down for twenty units with a view , possibly in the near future to increase this by ten more

First Sea Lord of Hardenburgh

Telephone:0787 435 6092
Fax:0713 450 123
Email:Navy@Hardenburgh.gov.gdh
The United Hardenburghian Commonwealth
Dispatches from the UHC
]Factbook| Anthem | Map
God has endowed the Hardenburghian people with a worldwide empire, that they may execute his sovereign purpose in the world. The victories that we shall have over the heathen are the victories of the nobler soul in man!
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Tarsas
Minister

Postby Tarsas » Fri May 14, 2010 1:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50229

Direct all purchases to the above thread. This thread was spammed, and I made a new one.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade