NATION

PASSWORD

Lawsuit Against the Serbian Chamber of Commerce (Attn: SSU)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Lawsuit Against the Serbian Chamber of Commerce (Attn: SSU)

Postby Tergnitz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 pm

To: The Office of Dubois and Rosenburg, Attorneys at Law,
Re: Criminal Charges Against the Serbian Chamber of Commerce
Encryption: Very High

Mr Rosenburg,

After further consultation with Voss Defence’s Legal Department, as well as the Tergnitzian Commerce Ministry, I have reached a decision. Voss Defence Incorporated will hire Dubois and Rosenburg, Attorneys at Law to pursue a case against the Serbian Chamber of Commerce for the criminal charge of corporate espionage.

Voss Defence will cover all costs incurred during this legal battle, as our company’s desire to see justice served far outweighs whatever the monetary cost may be.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you will keep me updated on your progress.

Signed,
Last edited by Tergnitz on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:04 am, edited 5 times in total.

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:45 pm

To: Voss Defence Inc

We are writting to, to who ever it may concern, as to what lawsuit does the Voss Defence Inc plan to sue an organisation that does not exist?? What is the Serbian Commerce Chamber ?? Never heard of it, however good luck with what ever who it maybe and what ever it is that they are trying to achieve.
Last edited by Serbian_Soviet_Union on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

Zinaire
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zinaire » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am

Roger Miller
Chief Executive Officer
Voss Defence Incorporated

CONFIDENTIAL EYES ONLY

Mr. Miller:

Thank you for choosing us to represent you. I'm sure you understand that this is a very complicated case because the plaintiff and the defendant are located in entirely different countries. This also raises the question of where charges should be filed: Zinaire, where the message originated? Tergnitz, where it was addressed? Serbia, where it was intercepted? While Zinairian law allows us to file charges for corporate espionage because the message originated here, that may not be the wisest decision. We feel that it is unlikely that Serbian representatives will appear in a Zinairian or Tergnitizian court because they will undoubtedly assume them to be biased. Likewise, I would advise against filing charges in Serbia because I believe the courts there, especially in this case, are biased. I would suggest finding a reasonably neutral country that will allow us to file the charges there. My research indicates that The Beatus will allow us to file the case. We believe it is much more likely that the Serbians will appear in a Beatusian court.

Before we can proceed to a criminal case, we will need to determine the identity of the individual responsible for intercepting the message. We believe that this individual is either associated with Aleksandar Stankovic, the Chamber of Commerce itself, or is the anonymous tipster the SCC referenced, meaning he or she is most likely a Zastava employee. We suggest that we sue Aleksandar Stankovic and the Chamber of Commerce in Beatusian courts in order to force them to divulge this information.

Please let us know of your thoughts on taking this case to a Beatusian court.

Sincerely,
Mr. Isaac Rosenburg, Esq.
THE REPUBLIC OF ZINAIRE
LAND OF TROPICAL PROMISE

Factbook | Embassies | ODECON | Tarquinia

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:18 am

To: Mr. Isaac Rosenburg

To all those involved we wish to reiterate that any lawsuits being filed against the Serbian Chamber of Commerce or an individual case against a person may be filed in the Serbian court. Current laws and legislations aswell as the constitution of the Serbian Soviet Union without an agreement with that nation, prevents us from transfering a case outside of FSSU jurisdiction seeing as it involves a government department being sued by another organisation outside of FSSU. However the lawsuit will most likely be accepted once the Serbian Chamber of Commerce files it's lawsuit against the Zinairian Representatives of the Coalition Oil.

I can rest assure you unlike the Zinairian court, the Serbian court is more leniant and non biase and all cases will be reviewed and if the Zinairian representation of CO still wishes to go ahead with the counter lawsuit it is welcome to do so.

Signed,
Aleksandar Stankovic
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

Tergnitz
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tergnitz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 am

To: The Office of Dubois and Rosenburg, Attorneys at Law,
Encryption: Very High

Mr Rosenburg,

The complexity of this case, in regards to international corporate law, was indeed discussed at various levels during a series of meetings held prior to my decision to hire your firm. I understand the dilemma which you are currently faced with as this exact issue was brought up numerous times during these meetings. There was a strong sentiment, especially from the Commerce Ministry officials, that any potential legal case should be held on Tergnitzian soil and inside a Tergnitzian courtroom.

Upon receiving your recent communiqué, I was able to persuade these dissenting individuals that their position was unrealistic. We have since explored your firm’s suggestion of filing this case in a Beatusian court. Though the Empire of Tergnitz has limited contact with this nation, Voss Defence Inc. is willing to take an acceptable risk in the pursuit of a greater goal. Therefore, we have ultimately agreed to your suggestion, please proceed as you deem fit.

Signed,

Return to Global Economics and Trade