NATION

PASSWORD

WIP - IGNORE - DO NOT POST

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Sovia Islands
Attaché

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

WIP - IGNORE - DO NOT POST

Postby Sovia Islands » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:01 pm

Welcome To The
ISCU Economy & Exchange Rate Center

This center is a place where ISCU members can apply and join an economic group with exchange rates, trading and more all pertaining to the economic side of nationstates. However, trading, news stories relating to economic trends etc. are not required here, just for those who wish to do so.

How does it work?

General/Rping side of things

Generally, this is how things are going to work. Every saturday each week, I will go into the calculations and calculate the exchange rates based off of the economic ratings which can be generated a bunch of different ways (See the below spoiler). Along with this, a global economy number will also be generated, which will affect the economies of all nations in a semi direct manner. Along with this, a small amount of randomness will be added to the exchange rates themseles. Depending on a user selected section of numbers (Max range 20, inbetween Negative .5 and Positive .5), a random number generator will equate the boost or weakining of the currency from its base value (Remember, higher exchange rates aren't always better), giving the rates a little more fluidity. Whenever the Economy and exchange rate stats are calculated, a small economic forecast for the ISCU economy and national economies (If there is much of a change) will be written by me, but you are encuraged to post in depth stories about what happened and how it is affecting the nation in ways other than plain stats. We also will include some sort of trading system with imports, exports, etc. but that will be largely player controlled and made from unscripted RPing. The following spoiler explains the various methods of getting economic levels for the calculations etc.

Another thing to note is that for now, we will only allow 5 RPrs (Including me) to get the full package Exchange Rate wise with a calculation for each person, but will allow essentially an infinite number of (ISCU Only, of course) semi package with their currency being calculated only for the Universal Standard Dollar, from which you can do more calculations yourselves to reach any given currency, as well as less mini economic reports by me for your nation. These numbers may increase in the future, though, if I can get any others helping me out.

Economic Rating Analasys Types
This is just telling you the six ways that your economic ratings can be calculated, however if you want a different type negotiations can be arranged:
Nationpage: The simplest and most basic method a nation could use, these calculations are based wholely off of the economy stat on your nation.
Nationpage Hybrid: Essentially where the nation picks a starting point for their calculated economic values, then whenever their nationpage economy or NS economy stat changes, we change the values an equal or slightly modified amount in the same direction, but from the previous predefined starting point seperate from the nationpage values
Random: 100% random, using a number generator to get whatever happens. This will most likely be the least common choice, as it could be annoying however if they wanted it could be good for RPing so they have to come up with some sort of reason or story on why this seemingly random economic event happened
Planned: An economy calculation thats entirely planned (heh, see what I did there?) by the player, but first reveiwed of course. This would also probably include a little bit of the others for what happens when they don't say anything happens, etc.
RP'rs Delight: This is essentially the Nationpage Hybrid, but with any and all economic RP posts here greatly affecting the economic calculations. Sorry if I accidentally give you a score you don't think you should get, try to contact me if you aren't satisfied with your calculations. You may also add a little hint at the post's botton saying about what effect you think this should have on your economy.

Maths:
Ok, so, here are the calculations for exchange rates, etc.
Lets just start with two currencies, currency S and currency C.

Their values and relative exchange rates' relationship can be observed like this at first: s = xc with x being the value needed to make both equal, where x will be selected using one of my previously stated (In an earlier post) methods of obtaining economic change and values.

Once the values change and the calculations begin, this is how you calculate x:
s = (x-(dc-ds))c where dc and ds are equal to c/100 and s/100 respectively.
Using this calculation, you have found the X value for currency C. Lets say currency S has a value of 50, where C has a value of 75. The value of X is now 11/12, or ~0.92. So, the exchange rate is this: 1s = 0.92c causing s to experience inflation helping it get more competitiveness, but also giving C more spending power. You can also reverse all of the values (Change s's to c's, and c's to s's). In that case, we find that 1c = 1.25s
Also, in order to find the opposite conversion to, lets say 1c = 1.25s you just find the reciprocal of (in this situation) S or any value in the same position, so 1s = 0.8c.

And thats about it for the calculations! These calculations would be done for each nation on each other, and due to this it would take a long time. 5 people is 25 calculations, and 7 is nearly double that (49). 3 more and we get 100. This whole thing would take a long time, so if the executives to wish to put this in I will manage it but cap it at 5-6 members unless someone else wishes to help, because 100 calculations can take a loooong time.
Confuzed? Ask me about it. I tried to make it easy to understand (And being honest it probably is really easy to understand and i'm just playing out my habit of having no faith in other people's knowledge thinking they have the problem solving skills of a four year old), but it may not be.

Also, just to clarify, I did not make these calculations, credit goes to Plessur and his Molinis exchange rate system. (However I did iterate and add a little too it, but core idea is still his)

Signups
Code: Select all
Full Country Name:
Are you a member of the ISCU?:
Currency Name:
Currency Code (IE USD):
Economy Ratings Analasis Type (Nationpage, Nationpage Hybrid, Rprs delight, Random, Planned or Other (Please Specify)):
Economy Type (Optional except for RPrs delight):
Main Industries (Optional except for Rprs delight):
Full or Partial Membership (Full gets all curencies, partial only gets USD. For now due to lack of demand there are Full spots open and it is only required for you to check in once every month, however it would be much preferrable for you to make posts weekly or more often):
Anything else you'd like us to know?:
Last edited by Sovia Islands on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
NEWS
Sovia's economic crash has subsided. Sovia may join Qiraji in the Qiraji war*, citizens express their hope the battle stays offshore.

*Qiraji war not may not be the official name
Hello! Just a note to keep things simple: This is one of my (blorbs) many nations I have made that I invest alot of time in, then get bored of and leave to become ex nations soon after making new nations. I am not new to the game, I joined summer 2013.
Am I active? Am I not? Want to know any other puppets I have? Well check on this post in my hubworld nation Blorbs : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=blorbs/detail=factbook/id=485877

Sovia Islands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovia Islands » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Reserved
NEWS
Sovia's economic crash has subsided. Sovia may join Qiraji in the Qiraji war*, citizens express their hope the battle stays offshore.

Hello! Just a note to keep things simple: This is one of my (blorbs) many nations I have made that I invest alot of time in, then get bored of and leave to become ex nations soon after making new nations. I am not new to the game, I joined summer 2013.
Am I active? Am I not? Want to know any other puppets I have? Well check on this post in my hubworld nation Blorbs : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=blorbs/detail=factbook/id=485877

Sovia Islands
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovia Islands » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:10 pm

Reserved
NEWS

Return to Global Economics and Trade