NATION

PASSWORD

Clean Energy Exports (fossil/nuclear applications available)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Concordeia
Senator

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Clean Energy Exports (fossil/nuclear applications available)

Postby Concordeia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:22 am

Concordeia Clean Energy Exports

Ever since its conception during our nation's founding years, the Public Energy Administration of Concordeia has long held a policy of utilizing renewable, low-emission fuels and clean, efficient, and low-impact methods of power generation. We are now offering some of our technologies to other countries in the hope of fostering good economic/diplomatic relations and helping take care of our environment.

OFFICIAL NOTICE: As per government policy, we are prohibited from selling any of our products to extremely militaristic/totalitarian states and/or nations with active records of human rights abuses.

Fuels

Biobutanol - Derived from algae, has 90% of gasoline's energy density. Can be used in gasoline engines and infrastructure with virtually no modifications.
Price: $15 USD per barrel

Biodiesel - Derived from algae, 91% of petrodiesel's energy density with far fewer particulates. Can be used in most diesel engines though some parts may require modifications to run smoothly. Price: $20 USD per barrel

Biokerosene - Derived from algae, same energy density as petro-derived aviation fuel. Freezing point is lower than that of regular jet fuel. No engine modifications required. Price: $25 USD per barrel

Reactor-grade Uranium
Price: $100 USD per kilogram

Solid Oxide Fuel Cell/Gas Turbine Combined Cycle Power Plants

We understand that many nations rely on oil, coal and natural gas for power and that limiting fossil fuel emissions can be both politically and economically difficult. Our solid oxide fuel cell/gas turbine combined cycle power plants solve this problem by extracting electricity through electrochemical oxidation of fuel, rather than combustion, thus creating far fewer emissions. The electrolyte is made of ceramic (hence the name solid oxide), making the fuel cell durable and capable of withstanding high operating temperatures (~500-600°C).

By itself, the SOFC's energy conversion efficiency is about 50%. A gas turbine is then added to recover the waste heat carried by the fuel cell's water byproduct. This boosts the SOFC/GT's total energy conversion efficiency up to a whopping 70%! Additionally, SOFCs can utilize a wide range of fuels, including natural gas, syngas, hydrogen, gasoline, diesel, jet fuel, and even some biofuels. High efficiency, low emissions, fuel flexibility, and long-term reliability; all these characteristics make the SOFC/GT the perfect power plant for modern and developing nations.

Our stationary SOFC/GT units are modular and come in four output scales: 100 kilowatts, 1 megawatt, 10 megawatts and 100 megawatts. Each is priced at $1 USD per watt.

Gas-cooled Fast Reactors

Who says nuclear power can't be eco-friendly? This Generation IV nuclear fission reactor uses helium gas as its coolant rather than water, allowing the reactor to operate at higher temperatures, thus increasing thermal efficiency. Also, because helium gas has such a small neutron capture cross section, it allows the reactor to utilize fast neutrons which would have been blocked in a water-cooled reactor. Fast neutrons create more neutrons per reaction than regular thermal neutrons, so a fast reactor can use the extra supply of neutrons to breed more fuel than it consumes, virtually eliminating the problem of nuclear waste and short-term refueling. There are safety benefits as well; using gas instead of water eliminates the possibility of steam explosions.

The helium coolant passes through the reactor core, where it is heated up to 850°C and piped into a direct Brayton cycle gas turbine, which powers the generator. It is then re-cooled and piped back to the reactor core. This setup also allows for fuel configurations which allow for better coolant circulation than traditional fuel assemblies.

We construct these power plants in two configurations: single reactor (500 MW), and dual reactor (1000 MW). Prices are $750 million and $1.5 billion, respectively. On-site construction is necessary and may take from 3 to 6 months to complete.

(Other technologies coming soon).
Last edited by Concordeia on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:
Concordeia wrote:Dammit, and I got accused of tech-wanking for using megawatt-scale free electron laser CIWS on my (nuclear powered) vessels to block missile spam! And I'm freakin early PMT! :mad: :(

I gotta say it. First time I read through this, I could have sworn it said something like this:
Dammit, and I got accused of tech-wanking for using megawatt-scale free electron laser CIWS on my (nuclear powered) vessels to block spam missiles!

I was like, "Who the hell are you fighting... or more importantly, was your lunch meat laced?"

Grossrheinland Reich wrote:
CTALNH wrote:3 words: S&M and BSDM

Let it be known that God hates you.
OOC: so fkn hawt

Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Bump for customers!
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:
Concordeia wrote:Dammit, and I got accused of tech-wanking for using megawatt-scale free electron laser CIWS on my (nuclear powered) vessels to block missile spam! And I'm freakin early PMT! :mad: :(

I gotta say it. First time I read through this, I could have sworn it said something like this:
Dammit, and I got accused of tech-wanking for using megawatt-scale free electron laser CIWS on my (nuclear powered) vessels to block spam missiles!

I was like, "Who the hell are you fighting... or more importantly, was your lunch meat laced?"

Take the World Census 2011 at http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868

Emeraria
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraria » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Official JSA Communique

To: Concordeia

On behalf of the Joint Systems Alliance, I would like to propose a deal with you. I request that we get shipments of 300 barrels of oil a month and I and the JSA will pay $6,000,000,000 for the continued shipments.

Thank you for your consideration,
John Euro, JSA Minister of Commerce.
Last edited by Emeraria on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power Through Action
Emeraria Factbook
Emir Shipyards Storefront
Infrastructural Industries
International Battle Tournament Sign-up Page
International Battle Tournament Battle Arena
Elite soldiers of all nations welcome to battle for money and bragging rights. Be prepared to risk life and limb though. If you think you are up to the challenge sign up today!

Self-Governed Possessions:
Giblatia
New Spartanicus

National Anthem:The Union Forever

ECN Logo: http://i48.tinypic.com/21ca7ex.jpg

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:06 pm

To: Joint Systems Alliance Ministry of Commerce

Though we do not export any petroleum-based products, we do produce oil from algae and biomass. Would this be acceptable?

Concordeia Public Energy Administration, Exports Division
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Bump! For! Customers! Anyone!...Please?....I'll throw in cookies.....*sob*
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Emeraria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraria » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Concordeia wrote:To: Joint Systems Alliance Ministry of Commerce

Though we do not export any petroleum-based products, we do produce oil from algae and biomass. Would this be acceptable?

Absolutely, that is why we contacted you in the first place. Some people care about polution.
Power Through Action
Emeraria Factbook
Elite soldiers of all nations welcome to battle for money and bragging rights. Be prepared to risk life and limb though. If you think you are up to the challenge sign up today!

Giblatia
New Spartanicus

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:20 pm

500 Internal Server Error (stupid double posts)
Last edited by Concordeia on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:24 pm

Emeraria wrote:
Concordeia wrote:To: Joint Systems Alliance Ministry of Commerce

Absolutely, that is why we contacted you in the first place. Some people care about polution.

Very well, we accept your offer. Expect the first shipments to arrive within the week. Thank you for doing business with us.
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Emeraria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraria » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm

No problem, we enjoy the fact that you care for the environment and sell the fuel cheap. Your prices are $10 cheaper per gallon than the best deal i've seen.
Last edited by Emeraria on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power Through Action
Emeraria Factbook

Giblatia
New Spartanicus

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Emeraria wrote:No problem, we enjoy the fact that you care for the environment and sell the fuel cheap. Your prices are $10 cheaper per gallon than the best deal i've seen.

Bump. And thank you for the positive review. :)
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Urin Injimin Sasang
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Urin Injimin Sasang » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:36 pm

To whomever this concerns of the Concordeia Clean Energy Exports Devision of the Public Energy Administration of Concordeia,
We would like to purchase 10 of your GFR dual-reactors; we are willing to pay double the price if on-site construction could be speeded up twice. Generally speaking, I leave expenses on the tab of my region, not myself. I believe this comes to $30 Billion USD.

Yours faithfully,
Kim Un-nam,
Head of the Ministry of External Affairs.

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:59 pm

It will be challenging, but we are fairly confident that it can be done in half the normal time. It will take about two weeks to get all the necessary materials and components in place. We begin construction at that time. Thank you for your purchase.

Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:37 pm

BUMP-4-CUSTOMERS!!!
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Unified Western States
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Western States » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 pm

To: Concordeia Clean Energy Exports

Hello,

In an effort to make the UWS cleaner and greener, we have been seeking alternate fuel sources. Your business seems to have exactly what we need. We will most likely be making numerous purchases, but for starters we wish to begin a transition from oil to your biobutanol. We wish to purchase 1000 barrels a month for a total of USD$15,000 a month and USD$180,000 a year. We will most likely be increasing this order as we ween our population off oil. We hope we can work with your company in the future for a greener world.

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 pm

To: UWS Department of Energy

Purchase accepted. 1000 barrels a month for $15,000 USD, $180,000 USD per year of shipments. Thank you for choosing us to be your fuel supplier. We greatly appreciate your facilitation of economic prosperity for our nation and for the protection of our environment. We hope do do business with you again soon.

- Concordeia Public Energy Administration, Exports Division
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Meanman
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meanman » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm

To: Concordeia Clean Energy Exports

The Grand Duchy of Meanman is rich in forrests and metal ore, but sorly lacking in fossile fuel deposits. We are therefor looking into the possibillities of developing capacity for Cellulosic biofuels to make better use of our forrest wealth then wood pulp and furniture production and to decreas our strategic need for oil imports. We are however a small nation and in need of foreign investment and look to you for the possibility to a joint venture into cellulosic biofules where we can provide natural resources and goverment funds. We see great oportuinies for both parties.

We are also interested in building Waste to energy plants, is this something that is a part of your portfolio, or is this another possible joint venture?

Energy envoy of the Grand Duke
Last edited by Meanman on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

Founded: Sep 24, 2009
New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:02 pm

To: Clean Energy Exports

Kia ora, we are trying to create a cleaner Defence Force and would like to purchase 500,000 barrels and monthly purchase's of 150,000 barrels of Biokerosene for 10 years and 75,000 after that for an indefinite amount of time.

Our calculators are unable to operate and will be happy if you could do it for us.

Have a good day
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:21 pm

To: Energy envoy of the Grand Duke

Neither technology has yet made it to our portfolio, but we would certainly be happy to invest in both cellulosic biofuel and waste-to-power plants as a joint venture between our two nations. We will begin doing research on both technologies immediately. In the mean time, let us know what you need to get started and we will do our best to accommodate you.

To: Onekawa-Nukanor Ministry of Defence

$12,500,000 USD upfront for the first 500,000 barrels and $45,000,000 annually for 10 years. Do you want the 75,000 barrels sent per month?

Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Dungeyland
Minister

Founded: Aug 08, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Dungeyland » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:32 am

We are interested in making a deal which would allow Dungeyland to have 100 barrels of Biobutanol for a discounted price of $10 a barrel, as well as access to some of Dungeyland's Hydrogen Fuel Cell Technlogy. What think you?
Classical liberal.
  • My nation is called the Dangish Empire, officially
  • The population is circa 500 million
  • It is an imperial federation
  • The term Dungeyland while only technically referring to one colony can be used for the entire Empire (think Holland)
  • The Dangish Empire is a constitutional monarchy, our monarch is Queen Ellen I

Factbook/Q&A
Embassy Program
Sky Corporation
If I do not reply to a post within three days, excuse me, for I am very busy nowadays. I try to update every weekend at the least.

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:58 am

$12,500,000 has been wired and we will pay the yearly installments every 28th of December in the form of money wired to your account, and we would very well please like to have the 75,000 barrels after that in monthly insallments, we will pay those 75,000 barrels a month in yearly installments as well.

Have a good day
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

When refering to me ICly, please use the proper term Ngāti Onekawa-Nukanor, not Ngāti of Onekawa-Nukanor. Thank you.

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:14 am

To: Dungeyland Department of Technology

Unfortunately, we've already maxed out most of the technological development for hydrogen fuel cells. Is there some other technology you could exchange?

Last edited by Concordeia on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Emeraria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraria » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Looks like your getting a lot of custumors, good for you.
Power Through Action
Emeraria Factbook

Giblatia
New Spartanicus

Concordeia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Concordeia » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:54 pm

lol thanks, but business has been slower than you think. It probably has to do with the fact that it's the holidays and people are busy doing RL stuff.
Funny Quotes:
Falkasia wrote:

Emeraria
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Emeraria » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Concordeia wrote:lol thanks, but business has been slower than you think. It probably has to do with the fact that it's the holidays and people are busy doing RL stuff.

Maybe, but you will have more custumors in due time.
Power Through Action
Emeraria Factbook

Giblatia
New Spartanicus

Onekawa-Nukanor
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Onekawa-Nukanor » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 am

To: CEE

We after discovering a slight error require you to increase our order by x10, that is for everything.

Have a good day
Last edited by Onekawa-Nukanor on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
A NEW ZEALANDER

ALL BLACKS SUPPORTER

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade