NATION

PASSWORD

Eiro'hort Entuneitional - Interational Airport [Closed, WIP]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Eiro'hort Entuneitional - Interational Airport [Closed, WIP]

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:43 pm

The Telora International Airport, officially Eiro'hort Entuneitional Telora, is the largest international airport within the Constitutional Monarchy of Aquitayne. It is the principle hub for air traffic travelling along the central-eastern regions of Astyria, and is a main focal point for international connections and domestic routes. The airport was opened in late 2012, and has so far seen only one year of international service, though since 2009 it has served as a domestic hub to regional airports all across Aquitayne, and in those years served about 36 million passengers annually.

The airport is located approximately 20 miles outside downtown Telora, and can be accessed by exits 95A, off of the 1-C Interchange, and 87B, off of the 10-R Expressway, respectively. The airport is connected transversely to the city, the Telora Port and Waterways, as well as accessible routes to the countryside and local businesses. The Telora Metropolitan Rail System, completed in mid-2012, runs through the underside of the Concourse A Terminal, and takes departing flyers to Telora Station, where they may connect with any other rail stations and departures they may need to access. Likewise, the Metropolitan Bus Association regularly sends drivers to the terminals to pick up and drop off passengers.

The current site of the airport was purchased in 1997 by private investors with several hundred hectares of land being procured from local farmers and landowners. The government requisitioned the land in a wartime reclamation act in 2001, before any real production of an airport had taken shape. The Air Force turned the land into a formidable air base to repel a Freezian invasion and later to combat Comrade Commisar. However, the land shuffled hands once more when the previous owners sued for the rights to the land back, arguing that they had not been properly informed nor compensated for the reclamation.

With an air strip already constructed, the entrepreneurs quickly contracted the architectural company Sky High Architecture to begin construction on the Concourse A terminal in mid-2003. The first flight to land at the airport was Delta-978 from Pyrgos, delivering supplies necessary for construction to begin on April 17th, 2003. It later departed the next morning.

Problems began to occur in early 2005, when some of the investors backed out of the project over looming economic disparities and the seemingly fragile market for air travel in Aquitayne. There had been multiple large airports open in other cities across the nation which had failed miserably due to lack of traffic; the most notable would be Helm Metropolitan Airport, which has since closing been purchased by private investors and turned into a paintball and airsoft arena. The lack of funding would lead to problems in production and would severely cut the construction time of the terminal.

The National Treasury would step in after two years of slow growth, to fund the rising airport terminal and finally get air traffic moving through the concourse. The first airline to take charge of this was Ceniana, who began second-day flights in and out of the airport. It wouldn't be until 2009 when the airport shut down briefly to expand their concourse to include a Terminal B, C, and D, would the true value of the project come to fruition.
Last edited by Aquitayne on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Terminal A

The facilities that comprise Telora International Airport are some of the most modern in the world. With four large terminals, it was imperative for the designers of the airport to allow comfort and ease to incorporate a passengers short, or unfortunately long, stay. This is why in each terminal there are areas where passengers can get a quiet night's sleep if their flight was cancelled, or where they can simply sit down, relax, and enjoy a drink before boarding their flight. It is important to the staff at the airport as well as everyone involved that each passenger's stay is unique and memorable, in a good way.

We host multiple fine-dining eateries throughout the concourse to provide passengers who may have more of a budget to spend, mostly first-class flyers and executives, the comfort of eating food they know they can trust. Likewise, we take pride in the healthy choices that our airport provides all of our passengers. Nowhere in the entire campus will you find any sort of fast food eatery, nor will you find a restaurant which delivers sub par food to its customers. We are vigilant to ensure that passengers are eating meals that are healthy, nutritious, delicious, and trustworthy. The worst thing you can ever have at an airport is terrible food, and we will have none of it.
A map of the runways at TIA.

Each one of the airports four terminals have approximately 30-60 gates each, adding to a sum of about 195 gates currently being operated, with plans for an additional 40 gates to be opened within the next three years. Each gate is equipped with a jetway to allow passengers ease of movement from the aircraft to the terminal area without being attacked by whatever weather might be outside.

Any type of aircraft can land at the airport, as the concourse contains four runways of varying lengths, with the largest being 4,500 meters and the smallest being 2,000 meters. This type of accessibility is unparalleled to those of more rural airports that might be found domestically within Aquitayne, and allows for greater expansion of routes and carriers to use the airports many resources. The runways and taxi lanes have been designed to efficiently guide aircraft from their landing areas or gates to their runways or final destinations without impeding severely the traffic of incoming or outgoing aircraft, nor that of other taxiing aircraft. The design has lead to a 28% increase in aircraft arrival and departure times that were on schedule, and highlights the efficiency that TIA holds closely.

Within the each terminal, there are more than 20 carousels for passengers to retrieve their luggage from, ensuring that by the time they leave the plane and arrive at the designated area, their luggage is already waiting for them on the line. It is not the policy of TIA to keep passengers waiting very long for much of anything, and baggage is no exception. International passengers need only collect their luggage and go through a quick passport check before leaving the terminal if Aquitayne is their final destination.
Click to read our Security flyer.

Security is taken seriously at Telora International Airport, and it is not uncommon for passengers to see security personnel frequently as they go about their travelling day. This is not done to alarm the passengers, but rather to ensure them and give them greater ease to report any suspicious baggage or persons within the terminal. As we have been attacked by terrorists before, we are stringent to ensure that it does not happen again. Throughout the terminals, there are over 10,000 cameras that keep a vigilant eye on the millions of passengers that embark through our humble abode.

Passengers who are initially entering the terminal can expect a thorough, but speedy security check before they are permitted entrance. Their carry-on luggage, shoes, and all personal effects on their body will be placed in a bin and scanned by a certified x-ray technician. As this process is occurring, they will step through a full body scanner to ensure that they are not hiding any weapons or illegal items on their persons. Once these are complete, if the passenger is travelling internationally, their passport will be checked quickly and then they will be allowed on their way. Even during the busiest times of the year, the average traveler can make it through security in less than 10 minutes.

Business Application Form

Code: Select all
[size=135]Onsite Business Application[/size]
[b]Name of Company:[/b]
[b]Country of origin:[/b]
[b]Terminal*:[/b]
[b]Number of Allotments**:[/b]
[b]Link to storefront (if applicable):[/b]

* - Will be in either Terminal A, B, C, or D
** - Allotments are given out in segments of 750ft. Unless otherwise specified, multiple requisitions for allotments will become one shop.
Last edited by Aquitayne on Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Terminal A

Functions:
    • Main Ticketing Area
    • Main Baggage Claim Area
    • Upper-level floors for shopping and eateries
    • 3 hotels
    • 10 non-smoking lounges; 1 smoking lounge
    • Chartered bus and taxi center
    • Subway transportation to Downtown Telora
    • 1 indoor park

Complementary Functions:

• 4G LTE WiFi access
    • Kirimashi-Reich Indoor Recreation Center
      -pool
      -park
      -basketball court
      -tennis court
      -reading area
    • 10 airline lounges for employees

A1: Aer Aquitayne
  • Destination: Li Yuanhong International Airport
  • Frequency of Flights per day: 7
  • Number of Passengers: 3,500

A2: Aer Aquitayne
  • Destination: Cape Town International Airport
  • Frequency of Flights per day: 5
  • Number of Passengers: 2,650

A3: Aer Aquitayne
  • Destination: Espir International Airport
  • Frequency of Flights per day: 5
  • Number of Passengers: 2,650

A4: Aer Aquitayne
  • Destination: Tuamor-Aqines Airport
  • Frequency of Flights per day: 6
  • Number of Passengers: 3,000

A5: Aer Aquitayne
  • Destination: Itica International Airport
  • Frequence of Flights per day: 5
  • Number of Passengers: 2,480

A6:
A7:
A8:
A9:
A10:
A11:
A12:
A13:
A14:
A15:
A16:
A17:
A18:
A19:
A20:
A21:
A22:
A23:
A24:
A25:
A26:
A27:
A28:
A29:
A30:

Name: Ilius Financial
  • Services: International Monetary Exchange/Deposits/Withdrawals
  • Employees: 15

Terminal B

Functions:
    • Main Ticketing Area
    • Side Baggage Claim Area
    • Airport train access to main terminal
    • 1 hotels
    • Private Hangars
    • 1 indoor park

Complementary Functions:

• 4G LTE WiFi access
      -pool
      -park
      -basketball court
      -tennis court
      -reading area

B1:
B2:
B3:
B4:
B5:
B6:
B7:
B8:
B9:
B10:
B11:
B12:
B13:
B14:
B15:
B16:
B17:
B18:
B19:
B20:
B1A:
B1B:
B1C:
B1D:

***NOTE***: Gates marked with a second letter after numerals indicate private hangars.

Terminal C

Functions:
    • Main Ticketing Area
    • 1 hotels
    • Private Hangars
    • 1 indoor park

Complementary Functions:

• 4G LTE WiFi access
      -pool
      -park
      -basketball court
      -tennis court
      -reading area

C1:
C2:
C3:
C4:
C5:
C6:
C7:
C8:
C9:
C10:
C11:
C12:
C13:
C14:
C15:
C16:
C17:
C18:
C19:
C20:
C1A:
C1B:
C1C:
C1D:

***NOTE***: Gates marked with a second letter after numerals indicate private hangars.

Terminal D

Functions:
    • Main Ticketing Area
    • 1 hotels
    • Private Hangars
    • 1 indoor park

Complementary Functions:

• 4G LTE WiFi access
      -pool
      -park
      -basketball court
      -tennis court
      -reading area

D1:
D2:
D3:
D4:
D5:
D6:
D7:
D8:
D9:
D10:
D11:
D12:
D13:
D14:
D15:
D16:
D17:
D18:
D19:
D20:
D1A:
D1B:
D1C:
D1D:

Aquitayne
Senator

Postby Aquitayne » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Arrivals

After landing and arriving at your gate, you will be presented with two different corridors with respective signs for "Arrivals" and "Transfer". Please follow each to the respective designated areas.

For Arrivals, passengers will be directed towards a downward escalator that will bring them to the underground baggage claim beneath each respective terminal. Each gate has its own baggage claim. After picking up your items, signs will direct you towards the nearest security checkpoint. For a detailed list of allowed and prohibited items, please refer to the United Kingdom Carry-on Luggage Security Flier.

Please note that alcoholic beverages purchased in the airport or via duty-free purchases are allowed through customs and security checkpoints provided they are declared and checked prior to entering the Empire of Symphonia or the Asian Federation of Nations. Aquitaynian and Symphonian law also prohibit the transport of the following:

• feral animals
  • narcotic drugs
  • non-indigenous flora

After leaving Customs and Security, please proceed and wait for the nearest Airport Transit train connecting to the Main Terminal. Once arriving at the main terminal, passengers are free to utilize the MATs rapid transit system, the bus or taxi services, or wait in the Arrivals area for transportation.

Transfer

For transferring passengers, please follow the corridor marker "Transfer" to the nearest transfer desk in each respective terminal. Each gate will have its own desk. If you have already checked-in or do not need to check-in, please follow the corridor and wait for the Airport Transit train that will bring you to the respective terminal.

Check-In & Departure

Check-in of tickets and luggage is performed on the ground floor in the entrance hall of Telora Main Terminal. There are 60 check-in counters for each respective gate. There are also check-in counters for passengers with airline privileges and Government Officials. The check-in process can be done by either live representative work or by automated check-in. International departure check-ins begin 5 hours prior to the departure and ends 30 minutes prior to departure. Check-in for domestic flights begins 75 minutes prior to departure and ends 20 minutes prior to departure. After ticket issuance, all passengers should proceed to the nearest Security check point. After leaving security, please feel free to use all the facilities at your pleasure or wait for the Airport Transit train.

Return to Global Economics and Trade