NATION

PASSWORD

Montpellier S.A. (CLOSED, REFOUNDED)

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Miramont
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Montpellier S.A. (CLOSED, REFOUNDED)

Postby Miramont » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Montpellier S.A.

This storefront is no longer active; it has been inherited by Bastilla.
New Storefront

Miramont wrote:OOC: Images for the Stella, Constellation, Sentinel, and Sovereign, and Sovereign Rex are not mine, sources available on request. Aurora GT exterior renderings are my own work.
Some models are former Asai offerings.
Last edited by Miramont on Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:20 pm

Montpellier Technology

Since the dawn of Montpellier Construction, the Montpellier family of companies has always been on the cutting edge of technology. Montpellier is no exception, priding itself in its dedication to the latest automotive technological advances. Whether it be through the introduction of new models or a refresh of the current line up, rest assured with the knowledge that you'll always be driving the latest in automotive engineering.

Nanomaterials

Materials have come a long way since the days of heavy steel and ugly plastics, so should the materials in your car. Montpellier has teamed up with YellowApple Inc. to provide some of the strongest materials for use in every Montpellier car. The purposes can be structural to cosmetic, but in all cases enhance the safety and efficiency of our vehicles.

Graphene
Ten times stronger, six times lighter, two times harder and more thirteen times more rigid than steel of comparable thickness, graphene has a plethora of uses in the human world. From basic household electronics to massive construction projects, graphene's durability and decreasing production costs are turning it into a material of the future. The automotive industry is no exception.

Montpellier uses graphene for structural components where its strength can be used to replace heavy steel parts, just as in joints, bolts, and critical load-bearing chassis areas. Its light weight provides huge vehicle mass savings, improving performance, fuel economy and driving range. Graphene reduces vehicle weight by as much as 15% and can generate an electrical charge with air friction, harnessed to power batteries.

Graphene plays a critical role in the Montpellier Corrugated Material Safety Structure (CMSS), which inflates on impact to transform areas of the car's structure into a safety bubble, absorbing energy. Feel safe in knowing the cage around you is rigid and won't crush in during a roll-over. Enjoy the comfort of an automobile with fewer squeaks, rattles, and an immunity to rust.

Self-healing polymers
You're always protecting your investments, whether it be home, life, or financial. A car is just that – an important investment in your life. Accidents, rust, and general wear and tear threaten this investment, so why not have a car that can truly tough it out?

Montpellier self-healing polymers are forms of plastic infused with a liquid plastic in tiny veins. When ruptured, these tiny veins release their liquid polymer, reforming and closing the gaps formed. What does this mean for you? Paint that heals is scratches after a single polish, body panels that are not only lightweight, but reform their shape and smooth over their gauges in a matter of days, and of course no rust. Your car will always look fresh and new – as if just driven off the dealer's lot.

A closeup of the microscopic veins in self-healing polymers and coatings.

Electronics, Safety, and AI

Consumer electronics are always changing and the technologies are being updated at an accelerating rate. Estimates say computers and phones become out of date every 6 to 8 months on average. You change computer every few years, and you probably switch cell phones more often. So what does that say about your car? Every respectable modern automobile of the past 20 to 30 years has an onboard computer. Do you really want an out of date car?

All Montpellier vehicles are engineered to use the latest applicable and suitable computer hardware and software. During regular servicing, any software updates will be installed, ensuring your vehicle is as up to date as can be. Enjoy efficient and perfect tuning, exact and up-to-date navigation, and the best possible in-car entertainment.

These updates have a safety aspect as well. Each Montpellier vehicle is equipped with front-facing sensors and short-range sonar to detect other vehicle, objects, and people. The most obvious use is the active cruise control system, but the Montpellier Reactive Emergency Braking system uses this sonar to actively emergency stop the vehicle and prevent collisions. With frequent software updates, you can be certain your vehicle will have the safest systems around.

Montpellier is always working for you and always concerned for your safety. Each vehicle conforms to the rigorous Miramont Vehicle Safety Assessment Standard (VSAS) and our models regularly receive 5-star VSAS crash test ratings. All vehicles are equipped with features required of cars in Miramont, such as Emergency SOS panic buttons with satellite tracking, first aid kits, space-saving spare tires, and immobilizers with alarm systems. But it doesn't end there. Every Montpellier vehicle comes with standard ABS, traction control, and stability control. The computer's intelligent AI use sonar signals to calculate the distance between your car and the vehicle ahead of it, making necessary adjustments to cruise control and seatbelt tensioning. The Montpellier Reactive Emergency Braking System (MREBS) and Blind Spot Avoidance System (BSAS) are two active safety systems of the AI that complement each vehicle's rigid graphene-reinforced frames and extensive SRS airbag systems.

Montpellier Reactive Emergency Braking System

Mitigating the force of impact is good, but preventing the crash is always better. Pedestrian deaths account for 10% to 15% of all car accident fatalities. Montpellier's goal is to ensure no pedestrian is killed or seriously harmed by any of our products. At speeds of over 25km/h, the Montpellier Reactive Emergency Braking System (MREBS) switches on, keeping pedestrians and other drivers safe.

Sonar and camera ranges for the MREBS.

Montpellier aims to keep cars and pedestrians intact with onboard computers that have authority to apply full braking power. MREBS uses a forward-looking camera and a radar sensor with a wider field of view than that used by previous systems. This lets the computer spot pedestrians moving from the side of the road into the car's path and vehicles slowing down or stopping suddenly ahead.

If a collision is likely, the system will audibly warn the driver and flash a bright red dot on the wind screen. If the driver does not act, the car stops by itself. This system is also used to adjust vehicle speed on cars equipped with active cruise control systems.

MREBS pedestrian identification using sonar and imaging.

However, collisions are sometimes inevitable. If the vehicle's speed is simply too high to stop, road conditions are exceedingly poor, or if the vehicle is travelling too close behind the one in front of it as per the driver's habits, the system can deploy the Skidding AirBag.

The Skidding AirBag recognizes that the limit to a car's ability to brake in an emergency is the available friction of the scant few square inches of tire contact patch at each corner of the car. What if more area could be available to slow the car in case of an emergency?

That's the thinking behind the Skidding AirBag. If the car's on-board computer concludes a collision is imminent, it will fire an airbag located under the front axle that will press a high-friction surface against the ground. This anchor will slow the car at a rate of more than 20 meters per second, the equivalent of more than 2 Gs of stopping force. Modern cars brake with a maximum of roughly 1 G of deceleration.

At a time when there is concern that a move to smaller cars will come at a price in safety, Montpellier estimates that this ability to scrub off speed before impact provides the same benefit as adding seven inches of length to the crush space at the front of the car.

An additional benefit is that the airbag lifts the front of the car by nearly three inches, offsetting the nose dive that occurs during emergency braking. This keeps the car's impact-absorbing crush zones in alignment with those on the other vehicle.

Skidding airbag demonstration.

Montpellier Corrective Steering System

Montpellier vehicles can also steer for the driver. When the active cruise control system is switched on, Montpellier Corrective Steering System engages to help prevent the car from drifting out of its lane.

The system watches the road ahead with a camera, and if it sees that the car is headed out of its lane--and the turn signal isn't indicating that this is intentional--it gently steers the car back into its lane.

The intention here is not to drive for the driver, but to reduce the need for constant corrective steering input that can fatigue the driver. Left entirely to its own devices, which is not the designers' intent, Montpellier Corrective Steering System will eventually pinball from one side of the lane to another until the needed corrective input exceeds the system's capability and it drifts across the lane divider. At this point, a chime and red light alert the driver to what is happening, actively ensuring the driver has not fallen asleep at the wheel.

Lane monitoring demonstration.

Inflating Seatbelts

Inflation is also on the minds of Montpellier engineers, who have developed a seatbelt that releases a mini airbag during a crash. In case of a crash, these belts expand in just 40 milliseconds. Since they're much smaller, in terms of volume, than a regular airbag and use just a small canister for gas--similar to a CO2 cartridge--the belts don't get hot like airbags do. The swelling seat belt will help keep smaller occupants in position for maximum protection during a crash, and they also spread the crash forces over five times as much body area compared to the narrow strip of a conventional belt.

Montpellier Corrugated Material Safety Structure

Another part of the car that Montpellier engineers have managed to make inflatable are the steel side-impact protection bars in the doors and roof/roll-cage structures of our cars, adding additional crush-impact space between the occupants and the outside world. To do this, they have come up with an inflatable graphene structure that mounts inside or replaces parts of the vehicle structure with one that it is made of corrugated gaphene. On impact, a high-pressure inflator pops the beam out to its full size.

With these structural components, thin doors can provide the crush space of thick ones. The inflatable beams are also lighter than conventional solid components and just as strong. Smart software precisely detects imminent side impacts without any chance of false alarms and so owners never need to fear disfiguring the sheetmetal.

The safety each Mirmonter has come to know at home is now available to you, exclusively through Montpellier.

Green Technology

Innovation and environmental consciousness often go hand-in-hand, and Montpellier is always thinking of the human impact on the environment. Montpellier is always concerned with the human condition, and our commitment to advances in green technology is our way of making the world just a little healthier for everyone.

Traditionally, fossil-fuel powered vehicles maintained a heavy generator or alternator to recharge the vehicle's battery. Well not anymore at Montpellier. Using regenerative braking on all models, Montpellier's patented Wind-Cell technology, and harnessing the electrical charge of graphene, we've done away with these out-dated components. By saving weight and reducing the strain on each car's engine, performance, handling, and fuel-efficiency are all increased. We've also changed the fuel injection formula entirely. Instead of injecting the fuel into the air mixture before entering each cylinder, fuel is injected directly into the chamber. With the natural turbulence of the air and fewer wasted droplets, more engines produce a more efficient burn. Coupled with active cylinder de-activation in cruising and deceleration driving, Montpellier vehicles drink little and give a lot.

What does this twist on traditional technology mean for you? Huge savings and fewer fill-ups. How many other companies have 650 horsepower V12 engines with over 20mpg on a combined cycle? None.

How does it work? Simple: originally developed for electric and hybrid vehicles, regenerative braking recharges a car's batteries with the otherwise wasted kinetic energy from everyday braking scenarios. Each time you tap on the brake or come to a stop, the energy in harnessed and sent to the battery. This also has an added secondary benefit. Ever have a battery run flat in the winter or because you left the lights on? With a little forward momentum and a sudden push of the brake, the surge in electricity can jump-start the engine. No jumper cables required.

The graphene nanomaterials used in vehicle construction generate an electrical charge as the vehicle moves due to air friction. Large parts of the car body, such as the roof, bonnet, and trunk lid, are made of graphene. The electrical charge is channelled to the battery, recharging it as the vehicle moves forward. For electric and hydrogen cars, this means up to 130km of extra driving range.

How graphene body panels can aid hydrogen/electric vehicle range.

And what is this Wind-Cell technology? The physics are simple. As a vehicle travels forward, air moves over, under, and around the vehicle. Mounted underneath each car, air is channelled to two small electric generating fans, like tiny windmills. These spin furiously as the vehicle drives forward and forces air down the conduits, taking full advantage of the venturi effect and generating electricity to charge car batteries.

No alternator is needed on fossil-fuel cars and our electric and hydrogen vehicles can take advantage of an extended driving range. Now that's smart.

Each gas and diesel powered car is equipped with a strong charcoal-based air filter and catalytic converter. Airflow is maintained and no performance is lost in the pursuit of fewer emissions. Emissions and unburnt fuel are effectively absorbed by the charcoal at a rate that makes hybrids seem polluting. Air from the tailpipe is often purer and fresher than the air going into the car – how's that for clean?

Alternative Fuel Options
Biofuels
Many markets have the option biofuel mixes. All gasoline powered engines are have been tested to run on up to E100 ethanol and all diesels up B100 bio-diesel. Gasoline engines have also been verified to run on hydrogen slush mixtures.

Hydrogen
Few car companies offer pure hydrogen variants of their models. Montpellier is an exception, offering this as an alternative fuel. Available in markets where hydrogen refuelling stations exist, the technology uses the osmosis method of electricity generation to power batteries and motors.

Range-extended hybrids Cars
Montpellier ER hybrid cars have strong batteries and small gasoline engines to improve range. Kicking in only under high-drain driving, we've mitigated range anxiety while maintaining efficiency. Each electrical car comes with an in-home car charging station and emergency 100-240v plug. An 85% charge can be achieved in 45 minutes with full-charges taking 3 hours. Home power/electric capacity must be tested before station installation.[/quote]
Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Colours

Please specify one of the colours seen below when ordering a vehicle.

Interior options

That authentic Montpellier feel is created through the skills of our craftspeople in Montpellier. We use the highest quality wood veneers, leather hides and solid stainless steel bright ware, yet we start where others stop. Wriggle your feet into the deeper pile carpets, which we specially created to offer an unparalleled level of comfort. To bring out a richer leather smell, we reverted to a traditional tanning process. We are still even using ancient cabinet-making techniques—our cross-banding is still cut by hand and we are the only car maker to use ‘mirror matching’ when applying veneer.

Please specify one of the leather colours and trims seen below when ordering a vehicle.
ImageImage
Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Order forms

Montpellier Motors will gauge the market conditions and consider the models to be sent and number of dealerships to be established. We will also estimate the tax return from its business operations for your nation's revenue based on earnings before interest and taxes (gross revenue minus costs). Revenue from sales tax/VAT will not be calculated. The formulas use only the data submitted and will not change on subjective or case-by-case grounds. All numbers and prices shall be in Universal $ unless otherwise stated.

It is not necessary to establish a sales office AND place a single order; you may do either or both.

Please use this form for special orders. We will calculate costs and discounts when preparing an invoice. Sales and vehicle taxes will be the responsibility of the buyer. If purchasing multiple unique models, please prepare multiple forms.
When specifying the model, please include the drive-train and model trim, ex. "Constellation 3.0T Sportline," as we will otherwise assume you seek the most expensive combination.
Code: Select all
[b][u]Single-Order Form[/u][/b]
[i]Name of Purchaser: [/i]
[i]Nation: [/i]
[i]Model Requested: [/i]
[i]Number of Units (if identical): [/i]
[i]Exterior colour: [/i]
[i]Interior fabric/leather: [/i]
[i]Interior trim: [/i]
[i]Optional Equipment: [/i]
[i]Special requests: [/i]

Please use this form for sales offices. We reserve the right to refuse a sales office in a nation with limited sales.
Code: Select all
[b][u]Sales Office Application[/u][/b]
[i]Name of Nation: [/i]
[i]Population: [/i]
[i]GDP Per Capita: [/i]
[i]Business income tax rate: [/i]
[i]Business profit tax rate: [/i]
[i]Additional information: [/i]

Customers

Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:10 pm

Reserved

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Montpellier STELLA D-segment/Compact executive car/Entry-level luxury car

Overview
Incroyable doesn’t even begin to describe how you’ll feel behind the wheel of a Stella. From the sleek shape and intelligent design to its luxurious functionality and high-precision engineering, it’s obvious that every last detail has been considered and nothing left behind. Open the door to your new Stella and the lush interior will pull you down into its leather upholstered seats and wood trim. At the push of a button the power-adjustable heated front seats remember your personal settings and that of two other drivers – that is, should you want to share your motorized oasis.

And you get to go along for the ride. For you, this means intuitive, driver-friendly technologies all within easy reach, a smooth flow on any road, the latest in noise and vibration reduction technologies and highly responsive engine that says Autobahn with a capital A every time you shift into a higher gear. That’s not to say it won’t do well around town. Its pin sharp steering and striking looks are bound to turn heads and set trends wherever you go. At home on the open road or at the plaza, we’re not just talking about our standard gas and diesel engines, but a choice of hydrogen and range-extended electric too. Now there’s smart thinking.

Power and exhilaration await you at every turn with a choice of engines, available all-wheel drive, and our exceptional new 7G-MCT transmission. Inside and out – the Stella is pure performance and refined luxury. And it’s more affordable than you thought.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Trims and Options

Comfortline Standard on 1.8T, HDi models, 2.6 24V, 3.0 24V, E160, H150, H250
16" alloy rims, 4 zone climate control, air conditioning, power windows, rear window defroster, ABS, TCS, ESC, alarm, first aid kit, front and side airbags, power locks, remote entry, SOS Panic button (911 call), 6 speed automatic, cruise control, 12 speaker sound, USB/iPod connectivity, leather seating and wood trim, electric seats with memory, heated seats, headlamp wipers/spray, autodimming and heated mirrors, remote start/stop, roadside emergency kit, backup assist and sensor.

Sportline Standard on 3.0T and H350, $4300 option for other models
Comfortline + 18" alloy rims, sport tuned suspension, fog lights, variable AWD, 7G-MCT (7speed semi-automatic with paddle shift and full automatic mode), Infotainment Center with Bluetooth and USB/iPod

Highline Add $9700 for 3.0T and H350, $14000 for other models
Sportline + Comfortline + 16 speaker surround sound, satellite navigation, sunroof, Tech Pack

Other Optional Equipment
18" Alloy Wheels $899
Variable all wheel drive $2,399
7G-MCT (7 speed semi-automatic transmission with paddle shift and full automatic mode) $1850
Sunroof $299
16 Speaker Sound $1099
Auto Parking System $2300
Infotainment Center + Bluetooth and USB/iPod $349
DVD Player $299
Sat Nav $550
Tech Pack (auto park, night vision, lane departure warning/corrective steering system, cross-traffic warning, pedestrian warning, MREBS): $8,500

ModelModel 5 1.8TModel 5 1.9HDiStella 2.2HDiStella 2.6 24VStella 3.0 24VStella 3.0TStella E160Stella H150Stella H250Stella H300
Engine1762cc I4 Turbo Petrol1910cc I4 high-pressure direct injection Diesel2197cc I4 high-pressure direct injection Diesel2596cc I6 Petrol2946cc V6 Petrol2946cc V6 Turbo PetrolRange-extended hybrid (electric + I3 petrol)Hydrogen Fuel CellHydrogen Fuel CellHydrogen Fuel Cell
Drivetrain5 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive5 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive7 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive7 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive
HorsePower (Metric/Electric)197hp150hp180hp240hp281hp357hp130hp electric + 36hp petrol154hp247hp303hp
Efficiency / Range5.5l/100km4.4l/100km5.1l/100km5.9l/100km6.7l/100km6.5l/100km340km530km410km360km
0-100km/h8.6s9.1s9.9s7.2s6.3s5.5s6.9s9.6s7.1s6.1s
Top Speed232km/h225km/h202km/h248km/h275km/h (Electronic speed governor)275km/h (Electronic speed governor)175km/h198km/h235km/h275km/h (Electronic speed governor)
Base Price35,499.9938,199.9940,799.9942,199.9947,599.9955,899.9948,089.9942,855.0047,555.0054,155.00
Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Montpellier CONSTELLATION E-segment/Executive car/Mid-size luxury car

Overview
With the customizability offered to drivers, you can be certain that the Constellation will turn not only the heads of others, but yours as well, each time you walk away from this captivating example of Montpellier excellence. Ultra-lightweight composite and nano-materials, including YellowApple Inc. Graphene ®, ensure better performance and efficiency. With the large number of optional powertrains and equipped with the optional Montpellier 8G-MCT transmission, this vehicle knows no limits and is certain not to disappoint the most discerning driver.

Any vehicle bearing the Montpellier mark is a promise of quality and precise workmanship. Inside the sporty yet sophisticated Constellation, you can experience this promise in a very special way. Its sleek shape, complemented and accentuated by the flowing lines tracing the roofline and body, has the elegance of a GT coupe. Hiding the impressive versatility of an executive sedan, yet keeping the comfortable touring tradition of GT cars, the Constellation draws its strength from theses two fascinating and often exclusive parts of the automotive world.

The generous spaciousness of the vehicle's interior imparts a feeling of freedom and movement even while the car is standing still. It's wide opening doors offer ample access to the interior while maintaining uncluttered design. The slick and clear layout of the dashboard enables ease of operation and a driving-focused experience. Let the leather and wood cocoon you with their flowing lines and art-nouveau inspired curves. It entices the senses with its fine, unique to the touch materials and flowing shape, leaving you yearning for the open road.

Are you sitting comfortably? You can enjoy the massage function on the multi-contour seats, with its seven massage chambers and four different program settings. The massage function generates a rolling movement, which keeps the back muscles continuously stimulated. Even rear passengers can enjoy a massage with the multi-contour rear seats with massage function – luxury, comfort, and finesse for all is expected from the Constellation.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Trims and Options

Comfortline
18" alloy rims, 4 zone climate control, air conditioning, power windows, rear window defroster, ABS, TCS, ESC, alarm, first aid kit, front and side airbags, power locks, remote entry, SOS Panic button (911 call), 7G-MCT transmission, cruise control, 12 speaker sound, Infotainment Center with Bluetooth and USB/iPod, leather seating and wood trim, electric seats with memory, heated seats, headlamp wipers/spray, autodimming and heated mirrors, lane departure warning, remote start/stop, roadside emergency kit, backup assist and sensor, auto-parking.

Sportline Add $5500
Comfortline + 19" alloy rims, sport tuned suspension and steering, fog lights, variable AWD, 8G-MCT (8 speed semi-automatic with paddle shift and full automatic mode).

Highline Add $15000
Sportline + Comfortline + 16 speaker surround sound, satellite navigation, sunroof, tech pack.

Stand Alone Optional Equipment
19" Alloy Wheels $1999
8G-MCT (8 speed DSG semi-automatic transmission with paddle shift and full automatic mode) $2450
Sunroof $299
16 Speaker Sound $1099
DVD Player $99
Sat Nav $550
Tech Pack (auto park, night vision, lane departure warning/corrective steering system, cross-traffic warning, pedestrian warning, MREBS): $8,500

ModelConsetllation 2.6 24VConstellation 3.0TConstellation 4.7 32VConstellation E210Constellation H300
Engine2596cc I6 Petrol2946cc V6 Turbo Petrol4698cc V8 PetrolRange-extended hybrid (electric + I4 petrol)Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Drivetrain6 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive7 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive8 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive7 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive8 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive
HorsePower (Metric/Electric)240hp357hp440hp160hp + 48hp303hp
Efficiency / Range6.1l/100km8.1l/100km9.1l/100km340km360km
0-100km/h7.3s6.0s5.4s7.3s6.0s
Top Speed240km/h275km/h (Electronic speed governor)275km/h (Electronic speed governor)249km/h261km/h
Base Price52,899.9954,899.9964,899.9958,089.9961,155.00
Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Reserved: Lineup expansion
Last edited by Miramont on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Montpellier SENTINEL F-segment/Luxury car/Full-size luxury car

Overview
Large, fast, refined and comfortable. These concepts resonate deeply at Montpellier and has, over time, created a legacy that embodies all of these characteristics: record-breaking feats, daring exploits and a host of exquisitely crafted and beautifully engineered cars. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce the special driving experience offered by the Sentinel. When it comes to making you feel at ease, the Sentinel has few rivals – which is not about to change.

Exterior
The entire body embodies modernity while embracing the cues of its predecessors. It appears to be solid, as if sculpted from a single block, yet simultaneously graceful and elegant. Solid yet sleek. Classic yet modern. The design is made to accommodate customised materials, not to reduce their usage. For example, ultra-lightweight composite and nano-materials, including YellowApple Inc. Graphene ®, ensure better performance and efficiency yet allow Montpellier craftspeople and artists new freedom in automotive form.

By taking these extra steps, Montpellier craftspeople can create a sleek work of art that further accentuates those classic Montpellier proportions: Sweeping yet authoritative lines flow gracefully, hinting at capability in reserve. Mirror finished bright wares artfully mixed with solid and strong lines – let the long roofline and chrome accented grill entice your senses.

Interior
The Sentinel also retains classic Montpellier heritage and styling cues and mixes them with the latest in 21st-century craftsmanship. But don’t be deceived by this understated classic look. Beneath the surface you’ll find the best technology available, from advanced electronic systems to four-zone air conditioning and state-of-the-art soundproofing. Music enthusiasts will love our latest premium audio system, designed for the Montpellier Sentinel by YellowApple Inc., a company renowned for its technological prowess.

We encourage you to relish the sensuous refinement and comfort of the Montpellier Sentinel. Look for the familiar, but be prepared to be surprised with new innovations. It’s all there to help you enjoy the definitive Montpellier experience.

Technology
There are even two SD memory card slots and, in available markets, a telephone SIM card slot.

The Sentinel’s standard audio system comes with 12 speakers powered through six channels, digital sound processing and full MP3 player compatibility. Music enthusiasts looking for the ultimate in-car audio, however, will opt for our exclusive YellowApple AppleBeat® for Montpellier premium audio system. This renowned company has collaborated with Montpellier to create sound systems that are like a “mobile concert hall,” as one journalist described. Featuring 20 channels, allowing individual control of the 20 custom-made speakers, with eight distinctive DSP modes and an Active Audio Enhancement function, it can fill the interior with up to 2200 watts of rich sound.

All the Sentinel's infotainment systems are controlled via a high-resolution 8” screen that is completely concealed behind a beautifully veneered panel when not in use. There is even a unique, leather-lined storage draw designed specifically for holding your audio device.

Performance
Anyone who has experienced the effortless acceleration that arrives regardless of engine speed or gear selection will know just how astonishing the effect can be. With those objectives in mind, the Sentinel’s engineers considered a variety of engine configurations, finding the best performance-oriented choices Montpellier has to offer. Every major component is designed for even better engine response - enjoy the amazing thrust of the upgraded engines.

To achieve a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions plus improved refinement and torque, the Sentinel’s petrol engines see the introduction of two new control systems: Cam Phasing and Variable Displacement. Variable Displacement imperceptibly powers down four cylinders when cruising with a light load. The moment you press your foot down, however, it seamlessly brings all cylinders back into play.

In tune with Montpellier's pride in its alternative engine choices, the Sentinel is no outsider. With the available range-extended electric and hydrogen drivetrains, enjoy one of the few eco-oriented luxury experiences. Environmentally friendly doesn't mean dull – the Sentinel's high powered choices are a testament to the trappings of modern technology.
ImageImage

Trims and Options

Comfortline
18" alloy rims, 4 zone climate control, air conditioning, power windows, rear window defroster, ABS, TCS, ESC, alarm, first aid kit, front and side airbags, power locks, remote entry, SOS Panic button (911 call), 7G-MCT transmission, cruise control, 12 speaker sound, Infotainment Center with Bluetooth and USB/iPod, leather seating and wood trim, electric seats with memory, heated seats, headlamp wipers/spray, autodimming and heated mirrors, remote start/stop, roadside emergency kit, backup assist and sensor.

Sportline Standard on Sentinel H, add $8500 for Sentinel 8 and Sentinel E
Comfortline + 19" alloy rims, sport tuned suspension and steering, fog lights, variable AWD, 8G-MCT (8 speed semi-automatic with paddle shift and full automatic mode), satellite navigation.

Highline Standard on Sentinel 12, add $12500 for Sentinel H, add $20000 for Sentinel 8 and E
Sportline + Comfortline + AppleBeat, sunroof, "waterfall" grille, tech pack.

19" Alloy Wheels $1999
8G-MCT (8 speed DSG semi-automatic transmission with paddle shift and full automatic mode) $4450
Sunroof $299
AppleBeat® 20 speakers with 20 channels, fill the cabin with concert-hall sound. Eight distinctive modes, audio enhancement, and 2200 watts. $6,500
DVD Player $299

ModelSentinel 8 Sentinel 12 Sentinel ESentinel H
Engine4698cc V8 Petrol6012cc V12 PetrolHybrid - 4698cc V8 PetrolHydrogen Fuel Cell
Drivetrain7 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive 8 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive7 Speed Automatic Rear Wheel Drive8 Speed Automatic Variable All Wheel Drive
HorsePower (Metric/Electric)440hp526hp440hp + 50hp electric303hp
Efficiency / Range9.1l/100km 12.1l/100km 8.8l/100km360km
0-100km/h5.7s 5.4s 7.2s6.3s
Top Speed275km/h (Electronic speed governor)275km/h (Electronic speed governor) 245km/h248km/h
Base Price75,899.99 110,899.9980,089.9993,155.00
Last edited by Miramont on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Montpellier SOVEREIGN Limousine

Overview
Sovereign owners have made a choice to enjoy a style of motoring that is a rarely offered today. It’s a choice that opens the doors to a world of exclusivity and personalisation that is unique in motoring. In a Sovereign, you will experience things that have become lost to some carmakers: a world of unparalleled craftsmanship and refinement; a world of ever increasing choice and comfort as you create a personalized expression of achievement with a ‘limousine’ feel.

You will benefit from a level of choice and specification that is simply unheard of; from exquisite mirror-matched wood veneers that encircle the car’s cabin through to magnificent leather hides and signature brightware that adorn the interior and exterior of every Sovereign we create. And perhaps, more than anything, you will come to understand that uniquely ‘Montpellier’ phenomenon, which is simply the knowledge that you own a car that asks you to make no compromises and presents a beguiling proposition in return: to undertake an unforgettable journey in a sumptuous and spacious limousine with a powerful heart and soul.

That is the Montpellier Sovereign. Welcome to our world.

Exterior
Designed to exude power, presence, and sheer importance, the Sovereign is nothing less than the epitome of a luxury limousine. It's sharp, contrasting angles create a vehicle with substance and form, yet retain the flow and elegance expected of such a vehicle. The design is made to accommodate customised materials, not to reduce their usage. For example, ultra-lightweight composite and nano-materials, including YellowApple Inc. Graphene ®, ensure better performance and efficiency yet allow Montpellier craftspeople and artists new freedom in automotive form.

It won’t take more than a single glance for the Sovereign to mesmerize you. Looking at it head on you’ll notice the solid lines and imposing radiator grille, as if forged from a single block of metal. The headlamp design with Active Bi-Xenon headlamps and LED design ensures an unmistakable appearance, whether it’s day or night. Bask in the natural lighting provided by the optional stunning full-length panoramic glass roof, sure to turn heads. The body-length stainless steel bright-ware creates an unmistakable impact, exuding presence and authority.

Interior
Our interior designers have skilfully evolved the car’s cabin to produce a spacious, luxurious, and comfortable environment. Incredible attention to detail has gone into making the cabin as quiet and refined as possible. Enjoy many of the comforts afforded to those in fine lounges and homes. From hidden champagne coolers and glass holders to remotely operated screens for entertainment or work, the number of options and devices at your finger tips leaves nothing to be desired. From the panoramic roof with a crystalline dimming feature to the quality woods and richest leathers Montpellier can provide, the Sovereign is nothing less than sumptuous refinement.

A solid ‘ring of wood’ encases the entire cabin, drawing the occupants into unparalleled surroundings, while all-new glass-like switchgear is inspired by the classic Montpellier interiors of yesteryear. Montpellier craftspeople work long and hard on every last detail; the stitching of the seats alone takes a day. We won’t ask you to wait quite that long while we create your bespoke Sovereign but it’s fair to say that we work in a manner that ensures every inch of leather or strip of wood that we put into your car has been crafted to perfection. Natural wood veneers are an essential part of the character of the Montpellier marque, and our expertise in this area makes us unique. Wood is the foundation of an Montpellier tradition and many of the techniques used today have developed over nearly 60 years of production. Our mirror-matched veneers are renowned the world over, for this difficult and exacting process involves placing successive veneer leaves end to end to make a perfect, symmetrical pattern across the entire car.

Everywhere you look in the cabin you’ll discover small finesses that signal a more refined approach. Many of these are details that let you personalise the car as well. For instance, you can choose from any combination of contrast stitching and seat piping, emblem stitching and more. Montpellier is always is on hand to fulfill your wishes.

Technology
There are even two SD memory card slots and, in available markets, a telephone SIM card slot.

The Sovereign’s standard audio system comes with 16 speakers powered through six channels, digital sound processing and full MP3 player compatibility. Music enthusiasts looking for the ultimate in-car audio, however, will opt for our exclusive YellowApple AppleBeat® for Montpellier premium audio system. This renowned company has collaborated with Montpellier to create sound systems that are like a “mobile concert hall,” as one journalist described. Featuring 20 channels, allowing individual control of the 20 custom-made speakers, with eight distinctive DSP modes and an Active Audio Enhancement function, it can fill the interior with up to 2200 watts of rich sound.

All the Sovereign's infotainment systems are controlled via a high-resolution 8” screen that is completely concealed behind a beautifully veneered panel when not in use. There is even a unique, leather-lined storage draw designed specifically for holding your audio device. Rear seat occupants will enjoy the large 25"LED screen with TV and electronic device input. Stowing away neatly when not in use, those lucky enough to be passengers will no doubt take advantage of the entertainment and productivity opportunities the Sovereign provides.

Engineering
So when creating the all-new Montpellier Sovereign, our engineers were presented with a unique opportunity: To design an all-new powertrain that would deliver the effortless performance expected of a grand Montpellier, whilst retaining huge amounts of power in reserve.

While other powertrain configurations were considered by the Sovereign engineers early on in the project, it became clear that the massive torque trademark of every grand Montpellier could be best achieved with a special-tuning of our V12 engine, hybrid-electric drivetrain, and all new hydrogen system. And though the base configuration is similar to the engineering design classic first built in Montpellier fifty years ago, the Sovereign has been completely redesigned to integrate the latest technologies.

The result? A remarkable improvement on our existing systems and a new hydrogen option. All the major building blocks of the engines are new and have been designed to optimise performance. They also contribute towards meeting three key objectives: maximising torque, refinement and efficiency. Nowhere is this better demonstrated than in the introduction of two new electro-mechanical control systems for the V12 engine: cam phasing and variable displacement. The pioneering use of these two technologies in combination allows the Sovereign’s engine management system not only to actively adjust the V12’s breathing, but to effectively throttle back six of the cylinders entirely, independently of the others, when not required.

This ability to finely control the engine’s fuel-air intake and timing allows for the maximum availability of huge amounts of torque. At the same time, it ensures that the engine operates in as economical and refined a manner as possible when more relaxed motoring is the order of the day. Variable displacement also has a significant effect on the new engine’s fuel consumption thanks to its ability to idle six of the twelve cylinders when cruising. This, in conjunction with the new eight-speed automatic transmission with quick-shift, reduces CO2 emissions and offers a potential 15 per cent saving in fuel.

Of course, those who select the hydrogen and hybrid drivetrains need not worry about emissions and fuel consumption of the V12. Further refined for a vehicle of the Sovereign's status, drivers can enjoy the smooth and confident motion generated by these two drivetrains. That's what Montpellier prides itself in: an experience that is never short of extraordinary.

Craftsmanship
Perched in the long shadow of Mount Montpellier, the eponymous city overlooks lower hills and is surrounded by stunning mountain roads and scenery.

Behind the historic red brick buildings of the original Montpellier factory lies an 50-acre site that uniquely combines traditional craftsmanship with the very latest manufacturing technology. Here, more than 25,000 skilled individuals are busy at work crafting cars for some of the world’s most discerning individuals. Engineers, craftsmen and industrial designers work together in a unique and seamless way that is remarkable in today’s automotive industry.

Behind every stitch lies generations of knowledge and skill. It takes more than a month to build a Montpellier Sovereign, rare in a mass-produced world where most cars take nothing more than a few days. One of the secrets to this process is having an intimate knowledge of the materials’ properties and using them in the best possible way – something not always possible in mass production. So our cars are designed from the start with materials in mind – leather, wood, metal, composites and more.

The Montpellier Sovereign is a brilliant celebration of this ongoing quest for quality and craftsmanship, with Montpellier representing the centre of excellence. Here, some local families are now on to their third generation of service, with one in four people having been at Montpellier for more than 20 years. Each of these individuals is not just passing down their knowledge of timeless skills, but a fierce sense of pride in their work. As a result, Montpellier people are able to stay true to the soul of the brand, despite the complexity – from idea to final car. That is why “Made in Montpellier” truly does stand for unparalleled quality and attention to detail.

Trims and Options

Highline
19" alloy rims, 4 zone climate control, air conditioning, glass canopy, power windows, rear window defroster, ABS, TCS, ESC, alarm, first aid kit, front and side airbags, power locks, remote entry, SOS Panic button (911 call), cruise control, 16 speaker sound, Infotainment Center with Bluetooth and USB/iPod, leather seating and wood trim, electric seats with memory and massage, heated seats, headlamp wipers/spray, autodimming and heated mirrors, lane departure warning, remote start/stop, roadside emergency kit, sport tuned suspension and steering, fog lights, variable AWD, 8G-MCT (8 speed semi-automatic with paddle shift and full automatic mode), satellite navigation, Tech Package.

To the buyer's taste.
Montpellier recommends:
  • Premium audio system 20 speakers with 20 channels, fill the cabin with concert-hall sound. Eight distinctive modes, audio enhancement, and 2200 watts.: $8,500
  • 4-piece Tailored luggage set 1 full-size upright, 1 medium sized upright, 1 overnight bag, 1 carry-on bag: $6,700
  • Diamond-pattern headlining Adds a diamond-pattern stitch to the interior headlining of the car: $3,800
  • Retractable glass roof Replace the roof of the vehicle with a glass canopy that slides open at the push of a button: $25,000
  • Solid glass roof Replace the roof of the vehicle with a glass canopy with electrostatic dimming at the switch of a button: $25,000
  • Security upgrade Includes glass-clad polycarbonate and synthetic body reinforcement meeting "NIJ Level III", "EN1063 BR6", and "STANAG 4569 II" standards and it thus capable of stopping common automatic weapon fire and grenade blasts from entering the vehicle. Incompatible with glass roof options.: $74,500
  • Hydrogen-slush Conversion Kit Allows the V10 and hybrid models to run on hydrogen slush as an alternative liquid fuel. Unnecessary on hydrogen fuel cell vehicles: $15,600

ModelSovereignSovereign ESovereign H
Engine6857cc V12 PetrolHybrid - 4698cc V8 PetrolHydrogen Fuel Cell
Drivetrain8 Speed DSG full/semi automatic. Variable All Wheel Drive8 Speed DSG full/semi automatic. Variable All Wheel Drive8 Speed DSG full/semi automatic. Variable All Wheel Drive
HorsePower (Metric/Electric)680hp440hp + 50hp electric424hp
Efficiency / Range11.9l/100km10.9l/100km300km
0-100km/h4.7s5.5s5.2s
Top Speed275km/h (Electronic speed governor)275km/h (Electronic speed governor) 275km/h (Electronic speed governor)
Base Price, Berline449,699.99400,089.99468,155.00
Last edited by Miramont on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:58 pm

Reserved: Sovereign Rex

Xephyl
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xephyl » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 pm

Single-Order Form
Name of Purchaser: Michael T. Haley
Nation: Xephyl
Model Requested: Stella
Number of Units (if identical): 1
Exterior colour: Black Tulip
Interior fabric/leather: Sand
Interior trim: African Zebra
Optional Equipment: All
Special requests: We require some special security measures possibly even some weapons we will work with you on weapons and we also need a few little hiding spots in there, just in case things get too crazy.

Miramont
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Miramont » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Xephyl wrote:Single-Order Form
Name of Purchaser: Michael T. Haley
Nation: Xephyl
Model Requested: Stella
Number of Units (if identical): 1
Exterior colour: Black Tulip
Interior fabric/leather: Sand
Interior trim: African Zebra
Optional Equipment: All
Special requests: We require some special security measures possibly even some weapons we will work with you on weapons and we also need a few little hiding spots in there, just in case things get too crazy.

To Michael T. Haley of Xephyl

Good day,

Attached is the receipt for your custom specification Montpellier Stella 3.0T Highline. Production will commence upon the transfer of funds.

The interior will be upholstered with our rugged yet soft Sand cashmere-fabric mix with African Zebra in place of wood trim. The African Zebra is authentic and has been stretched, tanned, and processed using traditional methods, ensuring a fine texture, aroma, and durability.

With regards to security systems, we can easily install bullet-proof glass and body panels. This upgrade includes glass-clad polycarbonate and synthetic body reinforcement meeting "NIJ Level III", "EN1063 BR6", and "STANAG 4569 II" standards and it thus capable of stopping common automatic weapon fire and grenade blasts from entering the vehicle. Weapons can be discretely mounted behind the headlights, barrels hidden by tiny covers next to the headlamp washers. The trunk can serve as a fire and weapon-proof hiding place with a secure oxygen supply and water resources for a period of hiding, accessible via the rear seat.

Thank you for your time and business,

Jean-Paul Des Rosiers
Client Consultant, Montpellier Bespoke Vehicle Program

Invoice
Michael T. Haley of Xephyl
[1] Stella 3.0T Highline, black tulip: $98,603.98
Base model price: $55,899.99
Highline Trim: $9700.00
African Zebra interior trim: $3,554.99
DVD Player: $299.00
Security upgrade: $21,650.00
Weapons system: $7,500.00

Averoigne
Secretary

Founded: Jun 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Averoigne » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:41 am

Name of Purchaser: HM Archduke William XVI
Nation: Averoigne
Model Requested: Sovereign Limousine H
Number of Units (if identical): 5
Exterior colour: Phantom Black
Interior fabric/leather: Black
Interior trim: Rosewood
Optional Equipment: All (No glass roof).
Special requests: We request the Averoignian flag be placed atop the hood and that it can travel in harsh conditions. Also if you can provide a final design.
Last edited by Averoigne on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monforte
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Monforte » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:44 am

From. Victor Langle, Minister of Industry to The Prince
To. Montpellier S.A.

Dear Sirs,

Monforte is applying for the opening of your Company in the territory, please find it bellow.

Sales Office Application
Name of Nation: Principality of Monforte
Population: 1.031 Billion
GDP Per Capita: M$35.289
Business income tax rate: 15%
Business profit tax rate: 21%
Additional information: n/a

Looking forward to hear from you,

Sincerely, VLangle
Proud Member of The Stonewall Alliance. Non native English speaker

Mikhailgrad
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mikhailgrad » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:23 am

Sales Office Application
Name of Nation: Mikhailgrád
Population: 4024 billion
GDP Per Capita: 7,139
Business income tax rate: 5% per month.
Business profit tax rate: 15% per trimestral period.
Additional information:
I am a socialist. I'm not a communist. I hate communism. They are different words and are not at all synonymous.

Democracy, Welfare State, Socialist Democracy, Social-democracy, Social-liberalism, Liberalism, Environmentalism, Sustainability, Equity, Secularism, Atheism.
Socialism, Conservatism, Feminism, Religions.
Authoritarianism, Communism (Juche, Maoism, Marxism, Leninism...), Fascism (Nazism, Neo-nazism, National-bolchevism), Anarchism, Religious fundamentalism.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade