NATION

PASSWORD

U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency [Defense Storefront]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:57 pm

The Star Corporation wrote:We, The Star Corporation, would like to purchase three F-29B Super Vipers in a growing effort to expand upon our capabilities are a fledgling soverign corporation. Having dominated markets for precious resources in the past, we can offer payment in Kredits, Rhodium, Platinum, Gold, Silver or, due to our technological achievements, a Domestic Production License for the new hyper-light material known Nano-Mesh, it features a high temperature resistance and is as durable as steel. Hopefully, you take our offer into consideration, we truly need to expand.
((That's currently all, well, 66.6 percent, or two thirds, of what we have alloted to our defense budget, IC'ly... so... hope that these F-29B Super Vipers are worth it xsD))

[OOC: Payments will only be accepted in the form of international Universal Standard dollars or United Republic dollars. ]
Last edited by Virana on Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Virana wrote:
The Star Corporation wrote:We, The Star Corporation, would like to purchase three F-29B Super Vipers in a growing effort to expand upon our capabilities are a fledgling soverign corporation. Having dominated markets for precious resources in the past, we can offer payment in Kredits, Rhodium, Platinum, Gold, Silver or, due to our technological achievements, a Domestic Production License for the new hyper-light material known Nano-Mesh, it features a high temperature resistance and is as durable as steel. Hopefully, you take our offer into consideration, we truly need to expand.
((That's currently all, well, 66.6 percent, or two thirds, of what we have alloted to our defense budget, IC'ly... so... hope that these F-29B Super Vipers are worth it xsD))

[OOC: Payments will only be accepted in the form of international Universal Standard dollars or United Republic dollars. ]

((You know, that didn't have to be OOC so I'll respond to it IC'ly...))

"Very well, we will arrange payment if necessary. We have a sufficient enough funding in our foreign currencies bank accounts to pay you. What will the total price be?

We also have another question, would you like to arrange for the purchasing of the joint-ownership license, which means we would both have equal control over it, for the nano-Mesh material? I believe it could be added to certain parts of your aircraft to give it a few more years. If possible, would it be okay if we modifed parts of your aircraft ourselves?"
Defcon = 3.5, Fully Mobilized

The Star Corporation

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

The Star Corporation wrote:
Virana wrote:[OOC: Payments will only be accepted in the form of international Universal Standard dollars or United Republic dollars. ]

"Very well, we will arrange payment if necessary. We have a sufficient enough funding in our foreign currencies bank accounts to pay you. What will the total price be?

We also have another question, would you like to arrange for the purchasing of the joint-ownership license, which means we would both have equal control over it, for the nano-Mesh material? I believe it could be added to certain parts of your aircraft to give it a few more years. If possible, would it be okay if we modifed parts of your aircraft ourselves?"

[OOC: It was OOC because I didn't use my communique format with it. I'll use a rudimentary one right now because I'm a little low on time.]

Recipient(s): Representatives of The Star Corporation
Sender(s): R. J. Steele, United Republic Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

The total price will be calculated upon confirmation of your order. Your order is being reviewed by a joint Congressional foreign military sales committee, which will analyze your nation's technology security track record, civil and political liberties, and other aspects before confirming or denying your sale. The cost of your purchase is the cost of three F-29B Super Vipers. If you would like to calculate the order of your purchase yourself to review your budget, the price of the F-29B is clearly listed in Universal Standard dollars in several areas. Please see this for more information.

Additionally, joint-ownership licenses are not going to be negotiated by the United Republic DSAA. The DSAA is merely a federal agency responsible for serving as an intermediary between Emmerian defense contractors and foreign countries desiring exported defense materiel. The DSAA will not be purchasing foreign materiel, nor will Emmerian defense contractors accept "nano-Mesh material" as acceptable monetary payment. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Finally, no defense materiel sold under contract through the DSAA may be modified in foreign nations without directly consulting the Emmerian defense contractor responsible for the production of that part. UNADS, the company producing a majority of parts for the F-29 Super Viper, is requesting further information on the nature of these modifications prior to approval or denial. Please respond to this request as soon as possible for it to be considered.

Please contact us with any inquiries or requests you may have. Thank you for your time.

Ryan Joshua Steele
Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Virana wrote:
The Star Corporation wrote:

[OOC: It was OOC because I didn't use my communique format with it. I'll use a rudimentary one right now because I'm a little low on time.]

Sender(s): R. J. Steele, United Republic Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

The total price will be calculated upon confirmation of your order. Your order is being reviewed by a joint Congressional foreign military sales committee, which will analyze your nation's technology security track record, civil and political liberties, and other aspects before confirming or denying your sale. The cost of your purchase is the cost of three F-29B Super Vipers. If you would like to calculate the order of your purchase yourself to review your budget, the price of the F-29B is clearly listed in Universal Standard dollars in several areas. Please see this for more information.

Additionally, joint-ownership licenses are not going to be negotiated by the United Republic DSAA. The DSAA is merely a federal agency responsible for serving as an intermediary between Emmerian defense contractors and foreign countries desiring exported defense materiel. The DSAA will not be purchasing foreign materiel, nor will Emmerian defense contractors accept "nano-Mesh material" as acceptable monetary payment. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Finally, no defense materiel sold under contract through the DSAA may be modified in foreign nations without directly consulting the Emmerian defense contractor responsible for the production of that part. UNADS, the company producing a majority of parts for the F-29 Super Viper, is requesting further information on the nature of these modifications prior to approval or denial. Please respond to this request as soon as possible for it to be considered.

Please contact us with any inquiries or requests you may have. Thank you for your time.

Ryan Joshua Steele
Undersecretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

While the Nano-Mesh outfitting of the F-29s is not necessary, it would be a welcomed advantage though we will not push the situation and have dropped the matter. As of now, we just wish to complete the deal after your company decides. Hopefully, all will go well as we are expanding our avionics forces.

The Star Corporation

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 pm

Sender(s): James M. Lyons, CEO of United Aerospace Defense Systems

I am writing to you in response to your request for modification of the F-29 Super Viper fighter jet by constructing part of it with a proprietary nano-mesh material. As CEO of UNADS, the responsibility to review this modification request was given to me. The United Republic Congress is currently reviewing your purchase.

The fighter jet in question uses an advanced array of materials in its airframe. To maximize performance, there was an extensive use of advanced aluminum and titanium alloys, sophisticated composites, and a stealthy "structural fiber" mat. Replacing any of these materials with proprietary nano-Mesh, a material that has not passed any international standards for aviation, would cause undue issues (including vastly degraded performance) unless the airframe was completely redesigned, requiring astronomical research, development, and testing funding. The advantages to using said material are comparatively little to outweigh the cost and the estimated time required to complete and test prototypes (an estimated five years).

We sincerely apologize for this fact, and we have noted that you have dropped the modification request altogether. Thank you for your time.

James M. Lyons
CEO of United Aerospace Defense Systems

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:26 pm

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for The Empire of Common Territories

To: U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency
Subject: Purchasing of F-31 aircraft.
Encryption: Highest

Dear U.R.D.S.A.A,

Let me introduce myself. I am Prince Charles of TECT and I am Minister of the Armed Forces of TECT; I am the older brother to his majesty the Emperor. I am contacting your agency today for the procurement of the F-31 air superiority fighter jets. It is the wish of my Emperor and my nation to purchase an arsenal of this aircraft capable of great feats. As purchaser of many of your products in the past, it is in our hopes that this purchase order is another step in our path of business partners.

Our order, shall be the following: Five Hundred F-31 air superiority fighter jets.
Estimated value: $95,000,000,000 NSD. The TECT government shall pay this bill through a payment plan of eight hundred million NSD every financial quarter (three months). If this is unacceptable, we will gladly adjust payment delivery and/or payments. Thank you for your business over the years.

Sincerely,
The Ministry of The Armed Forces of TECT
Minister & HRH Prince Charles

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:33 pm

To the esteemed, honorable, and unnamed representatives of the Star Corporation,

Emmerian foreign military sales are founded on the tradition of cooperation between the United Republic and other free sovereign nations with similar values and interests in order to achieve common defense goals. As such, we must perform an extensive review of each request in order to ensure that Emmerian companies are not manufacturing high-quality weapons and technology to be used by our enemies.

After such a review by various officials of the United Republic of Emmeria, your order has unfortunately been denied by the DSAA and/or Congressional and executive authorities with the appropriate responsibilities.

Selling armed fighter planes to a non-state entity is a very controversial and sensitive issue, so all orders by non-governmental authorities must be analyzed on a case-by-case basis under far more stringent rules than normal state entities. This is in large part due to the extreme sensitivity of some technologies distributed on the export market, particular in regards to aerospace vehicles and equipment.

Congressional officials highlighted the lack of a credible technology security track record for the Star Corporation as a primary area of concern. Additionally, the Star Corporation has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine. The sale of the requested defense materiel could potentially lead to significant unintended consequences, both political and hypothetical, that we would much prefer to avoid.

If you would like to appeal this denial, please contact the federal government of the United Republic of Emmeria.

Please contact us with any requests, inquiries, and/or questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Emmerian. We hope to work with you in the near future.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele
United Republic Deputy Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

Washington Hayes
President of the United Republic
Last edited by Virana on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Common Territories wrote:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for The Empire of Common Territories

Subject: Purchasing of F-31 aircraft.
Encryption: Highest

Dear U.R.D.S.A.A,

Let me introduce myself. I am Prince Charles of TECT and I am Minister of the Armed Forces of TECT; I am the older brother to his majesty the Emperor. I am contacting your agency today for the procurement of the F-31 air superiority fighter jets. It is the wish of my Emperor and my nation to purchase an arsenal of this aircraft capable of great feats. As purchaser of many of your products in the past, it is in our hopes that this purchase order is another step in our path of business partners.

Our order, shall be the following: Five Hundred F-31 air superiority fighter jets.
Estimated value: $95,000,000,000 NSD. The TECT government shall pay this bill through a payment plan of eight hundred million NSD every financial quarter (three months). If this is unacceptable, we will gladly adjust payment delivery and/or payments. Thank you for your business over the years.

Sincerely,
The Ministry of The Armed Forces of TECT
Minister & HRH Prince Charles

To the esteemed Minister and His Royal Highness Prince Charles or his honorable representatives otherwise,

Emmerian foreign military sales are founded on the tradition of cooperation between the United Republic and other free sovereign nations with similar values and interests in order to achieve common defense goals. As such, we must perform an extensive review of each request in order to ensure that Emmerian companies are not manufacturing high-quality weapons and technology to be used by our enemies.

After such a review by various officials of the United Republic of Emmeria, your order has been approved by the DSAA and various officials of the respective defense firms responsible for your purchase with appropriate authority and responsibilities vested within them. The DSAA will ensure that the logistics for the order are properly organized in order to facilitate the delivery of your purchase. We sincerely hope that our product suits your needs and that you are fully satisfied with its performance, and we wish to bid you good luck in your endeavors to improve your armed forces.

The Empire of Common Territories has shown a solid technology security record and is known for high standards in civil and political freedoms. As such, we hope this purchase helps further strengthen security cooperation between our two countries in the interest of global peace and liberty.

Please note that because you did not request this purchase to be classified, all declassified information relating to this purchase will be available publicly by solicitation to the United Republic federal government under the Freedom of Information Act.

Thank you for choosing Emmerian. We hope to work with you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele
United Republic Deputy Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics

Washington Hayes

1 Attachment — "Receipt"
United Republic of Emmeria
Defense Security Assistance Agency

Buyer: TECT
DSAA authorization for export: Received

Complete order:
  • 500 F-31 Wyvern
  • Order Total: USD $95,000,000,000.00
  • Discounts applied: none
Final Total: USD $95,000,000,000.00
Last edited by Virana on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Virana wrote:

To the esteemed, honorable, and unnamed representatives of the Star Corporation,

After such a review by various officials of the United Republic of Emmeria, your order has unfortunately been denied by the DSAA and/or Congressional and executive authorities with the appropriate responsibilities.

Selling armed fighter planes to a non-state entity is a very controversial and sensitive issue, so all orders by non-governmental authorities must be analyzed on a case-by-case basis under far more stringent rules than normal state entities. This is in large part due to the extreme sensitivity of some technologies distributed on the export market, particular in regards to aerospace vehicles and equipment.

Congressional officials highlighted the lack of a credible technology security track record for the Star Corporation as a primary area of concern. Additionally, the Star Corporation has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine. The sale of the requested defense materiel could potentially lead to significant unintended consequences, both political and hypothetical, that we would much prefer to avoid.

If you would like to appeal this denial, please contact the federal government of the United Republic of Emmeria.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

((We are a state, we're a sovereign corporation xD

Guess you missed that, anyways, we've nearly acquired sufficient enough power in under a day via purchasing it so this company will no longer be needed as our primary defense provider.))
Last edited by The Star Corporation on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Star Corporation

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 pm

The Star Corporation wrote:((We are a state, we're a sovereign corporation xD

Guess you missed that, anyways, we've nearly acquired sufficient enough power in under a day via purchasing it so this company will no longer be needed as our primary defense provider.))

Virana wrote:Additionally, the Star Corporation has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine.

The Star Corporation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Star Corporation » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:10 pm

Virana wrote:
The Star Corporation wrote:((We are a state, we're a sovereign corporation xD

Virana wrote:Additionally, the Star Corporation has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine.

((Ah...))

The Star Corporation

Korena
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Korena » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:26 pm

To : Associated Representative of the U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency
From : Matthew Z. Kim. Head of National Defense. The Republic of Korena.

Greetings!

The United Republic of Korena's Congress has recently granted our national defense department access to ample amounts of funds to further advance our national defense and military, and your company has been chosen to be the most qualified provider to purchase new aircraft from. We would like to purchase the following from your company. (NSTracker : Defense Budget is $5,315,659,468,638.75)

34X UNADS F-29A Super Viper

12X UNADS F-29B Super Viper

18X UNADS F-29C Super Viper

30X Rayzero AIM-145C Medusa

22X Rayzero AIM-160 Golden Eagle

6X Rayzero ASM-140 anti-satellite missile

This massive order will be paid off four billion dollars each month until the cost is covered, and will pay for additional interest if necessary.

Warmest regards and we wish continuing of our business partnership,
the United Republic of Korena, National Defense Head, Matthew Z. Kim.
Last edited by Korena on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President: Mason U. Jin
Vice President: Vestor Roh
Secretary of State: Henry T. Kim
Secretary of Defense: Eric Yoh
Secretary of Treasury: Amy Yang
Attorney General: William E. Lang

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm

Korena wrote:

To : Associated Representative of the Anemonian State Armaments Export Industry.
From : Matthew Z. Kim. Head of National Defense. The Republic of Korena.

Greetings!

The United Republic of Korena's Congress has recently granted our national defense department access to ample amounts of funds to further advance our national defense and military, and your company has been chosen to be the most qualified provider to purchase new aircraft from. We would like to purchase the following from your company. (NSTracker : Defense Budget is $5,315,659,468,638.75)

34X UNADS F-29A Super Viper

12X UNADS F-29B Super Viper

18X UNADS F-29C Super Viper

30X Rayzero AIM-145C Medusa

22X Rayzero AIM-160 Golden Eagle

6X Rayzero ASM-140 anti-satellite missile

This massive order will be paid off four billion dollars each month until the cost is covered, and will pay for additional interest if necessary.

Warmest regards and we wish continuing of our business partnership,
the United Republic of Korena, National Defense Head, Matthew Z. Kim.

[OOC: You don't have to list your NStracker - I don't rely on that, really. ]

To the esteemed Matthew Kim or his honorable representatives otherwise,

After such a review by various officials of the United Republic of Emmeria, your order has been approved by the DSAA and various officials of the respective defense firms responsible for your purchase with appropriate authority and responsibilities vested within them. The DSAA will ensure that the logistics for the order are properly organized in order to facilitate the delivery of your purchase. We sincerely hope that our product suits your needs and that you are fully satisfied with its performance, and we wish to bid you good luck in your endeavors to improve your armed forces.

We hope members of your armed forces enjoy the use of the Emmerian equipment purchased. May this transaction advance our joint resolve to strengthen the partnership between our two nations in the interest of liberty, freedom, and global security.

Please note that because you did not request this purchase to be classified, all declassified information relating to this purchase will be available publicly by solicitation to the United Republic federal government under the Freedom of Information Act.

Thank you for choosing Emmerian. We hope to work with you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

1 Attachment — "Receipt"

Buyer: Korena

Complete order:
  • 34 F-29A
  • 12 F-29B
  • 18 F-29C
  • 30 AIM-145C
  • 22 AIM-160
  • 6 ASM-140
  • Order Total: USD $10,061,000,000.00
Final Total: USD $10,061,000,000.00
Last edited by Virana on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fergusun
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fergusun » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:47 pm

FROM War Minister Von Richmond
SUBJECT Aircraft Acquisition

TO Concerned Representative of the U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency

FOUO

Greetings,
My name is Minister Von Richmond. I am the head of the War Ministry of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson. My Ministry is responsible for all military forces in the Glorious Republic, and we are currently undertaking a modernization program. Historically, our nation has had a struggling economy, and this, few funds to spare, but earlier in the decade a series of widespread economic reforms have got our nation back on its feet. The War Ministry is now receiving more funding than it ever has before, and we have taken this opportunity to begin fielding new equipment and constructing new facilities.

However, this modernization thus far has only extended to our ground forces. Our naval and air services now lag far behind, with the Air Force still fielding legacy MiG-21s and other disastrously outdated craft. It is absolutely imperative that we retain control of our airspace, but with our neighbors continuously updating their craft to meet the needs of the 21st century, this is becoming a challenge. This is a challenge we are willing to meet, and we are interested in working with your agency to do so. We are in need of a modern multirole fighter, and we have decided that the F-29 Super Viper is an ideal candidate.

We have decided that we are interested in the purchase of a number of aircraft as testbeds to determine if we wish to procure these craft on a larger scale. We intend to purchase (4) F-29A CTOL, and (4) F-29B STOVL. Financial details are attached below for review.

Thank you for your consideration,
War Minister Von Richmond
Glorious Republic of Ferguson

PURCHASE ORDER

Item - F-29A CTOL
Quantity - 4
Cost - $449,200,000/ F$918,030,040

Item - F-29B STOVL
Quantity - 4
Cost - $553,600,000/ F$1,131,392,320

TOTAL | $1,002,800,000/ F$2,049,422,360

FOUO

Last edited by Fergusun on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
READCON (READiness CONdition)
[5] 4 3 2 1
Active units garrisoned at domestic facilities.
Reserves inactive
OFFICIAL IC NAME IS THE GLORIOUS REPUBLIC OF FERGUSON
Constitution of the Republic

Imperial City-States
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial City-States » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm

To whom it may Concern ,

As of current the Military of the ICS is engaged in a Brutal civil-war to secure the Freedoms of the equalist party in Gibberan . The fighting Against Government forces has been extremely costly on both sides and the war is taking it's toll. As the Imperial Military has currently stabilized a frontline against the Government forces our Home Guard Units have been forced to transfer their Supplies of Armored Vehicles to Army Reserve units that have been called forth to fight . This has left the Home Guard armored Formations empty of their Armored Vehicles . With Building tensions between the Neighbors of the ICS the possibilty of war escalating on the homefront is immense , with that Being said we would like to make the following offer .

the Pre-order of 1,500 M9A2 Main Battle Tanks each equip with TIS2PP Armor when it is available . This would amount to the price tag of 14.23 Billion Imperial Marks which when finally converted to your nations Monetary System is equivalent to roughly 30 Billion Imperial Marks when compensation for Inflation as well as rising rates . I hope you can see the importance of this as the Imperial Military is engaged in fighting for the Freedoms of lesser nations and would be utterly grateful for this purchase .

Code: Select all
Purchase Data

M9A2 - 8,500,000
T1S2PP-1,000,000

9,500,000 ( X)

X * 1,500 Units

* Estimated Number rounded to the nearest Hundred thousand
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/nations.php?nation=Imperial+City-States
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion, but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
"Stand in the ashes of a million dead souls and ask the ghost if honor matters."
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer."
George Orwell

Unapologetically American
U.S Army

United Ostrava
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United Ostrava » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:46 am

The Republic of United Ostrava

To: United Republic Defense Security Assistance Agency
Subject: RE: Order Confirmation

Dear Mr.Steele,

Due to a clerical error, the Ostravian Deparment of Defense had placed an order for 100 UAE Systems Modular Personal Body Armor Systems™ (MPBAS™) with Personal Hard Armor Inserts made of Dyneema HB80. We would like to officially amend this order to 100 UAE Systems Modular Personal Body Armor Systems™ (MPBAS™) with Enhanced Personal Protective Inserts (EPPIs) constructed of Scutum.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has created on your end.

Sincerely,

General Thomas Peterson

Last edited by United Ostrava on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 am

(OOC: Is the F-31 ready for sale yet?)
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:39 am

Fergusun wrote:

FROM War Minister Von Richmond
SUBJECT Aircraft Acquisition

TO Concerned Representative of the U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency

FOUO

Greetings,
My name is Minister Von Richmond. I am the head of the War Ministry of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson. My Ministry is responsible for all military forces in the Glorious Republic, and we are currently undertaking a modernization program. Historically, our nation has had a struggling economy, and this, few funds to spare, but earlier in the decade a series of widespread economic reforms have got our nation back on its feet. The War Ministry is now receiving more funding than it ever has before, and we have taken this opportunity to begin fielding new equipment and constructing new facilities.

However, this modernization thus far has only extended to our ground forces. Our naval and air services now lag far behind, with the Air Force still fielding legacy MiG-21s and other disastrously outdated craft. It is absolutely imperative that we retain control of our airspace, but with our neighbors continuously updating their craft to meet the needs of the 21st century, this is becoming a challenge. This is a challenge we are willing to meet, and we are interested in working with your agency to do so. We are in need of a modern multirole fighter, and we have decided that the F-29 Super Viper is an ideal candidate.

We have decided that we are interested in the purchase of a number of aircraft as testbeds to determine if we wish to procure these craft on a larger scale. We intend to purchase (4) F-29A CTOL, and (4) F-29B STOVL. Financial details are attached below for review.

War Minister Von Richmond

PURCHASE ORDER

Item - F-29A CTOL
Quantity - 4
Cost - $449,200,000/ F$918,030,040

Item - F-29B STOVL
Quantity - 4
Cost - $553,600,000/ F$1,131,392,320

TOTAL | $1,002,800,000/ F$2,049,422,360

FOUO

To the esteemed War Minister Von Richmond or his honorable representatives otherwise,

Congressional officials highlighted the lack of a credible technology security track record for Ferguson as a primary area of concern, which disqualifies Ferguson from acquiring the required Level 2 Security Clearance for purchasing the weapon systems in question. Additionally, the Ferguson has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine. The sale of the requested defense materiel could potentially lead to significant unintended consequences, both political and hypothetical, that we would much prefer to avoid.

If you would like to appeal this denial, please contact the federal government of the United Republic of Emmeria. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:50 am

Imperial City-States wrote:To whom it may Concern ,

As of current the Military of the ICS is engaged in a Brutal civil-war to secure the Freedoms of the equalist party in Gibberan . The fighting Against Government forces has been extremely costly on both sides and the war is taking it's toll. As the Imperial Military has currently stabilized a frontline against the Government forces our Home Guard Units have been forced to transfer their Supplies of Armored Vehicles to Army Reserve units that have been called forth to fight . This has left the Home Guard armored Formations empty of their Armored Vehicles . With Building tensions between the Neighbors of the ICS the possibilty of war escalating on the homefront is immense , with that Being said we would like to make the following offer .

the Pre-order of 1,500 M9A2 Main Battle Tanks each equip with TIS2PP Armor when it is available . This would amount to the price tag of 14.23 Billion Imperial Marks which when finally converted to your nations Monetary System is equivalent to roughly 30 Billion Imperial Marks when compensation for Inflation as well as rising rates . I hope you can see the importance of this as the Imperial Military is engaged in fighting for the Freedoms of lesser nations and would be utterly grateful for this purchase .

Code: Select all
Purchase Data

M9A2 - 8,500,000
T1S2PP-1,000,000

9,500,000 ( X)

X * 1,500 Units

* Estimated Number rounded to the nearest Hundred thousand

To the esteemed and honorable representatives of the Imperial City States,

Please note that the M9A2 tanks are not available for export yet, but once they have been passed by Congress, they will be available. At that time, production for tanks for the Imperial City States will begin.

We hope this purchase solidifies a mutual partnership in the interest of security, stability, and liberty. With sincerity we bid the Imperial City States good luck in their military endeavors.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

1 Attachment — "Receipt"

Buyer: Imperial City States

Complete order:
  • 1,500 M9A2 Hunter tanks with TiSPP
  • Order Total: USD $14,250,000,000.00
Final Total: USD $14,250,000,000.00

Fergusun
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fergusun » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:10 pm

[quote="Virana";p="17786519"

To the esteemed War Minister Von Richmond or his honorable representatives otherwise,

Congressional officials highlighted the lack of a credible technology security track record for Ferguson as a primary area of concern, which disqualifies Ferguson from acquiring the required Level 2 Security Clearance for purchasing the weapon systems in question. Additionally, the Ferguson has an abysmal civil and political liberties record, thus making it ineligible for purchasing defense materiel through the DSAA as per Paragraph 2 Section 7 of the Castilla Doctrine. The sale of the requested defense materiel could potentially lead to significant unintended consequences, both political and hypothetical, that we would much prefer to avoid.

If you would like to appeal this denial, please contact the federal government of the United Republic of Emmeria. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,
(Image)
Ryan Joshua Steele

(Image)
Washington Hayes
[/quote]

FROM The Office of the Glorious Leader of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson
SUBJECT Purchase Denial

TO U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency

FOUO/CLASSIFIED

Greetings,
My name is Glorious Leader Ferguson of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson. I write on behalf of my War Minister, Von Richmond, who has recently made a request to procure a small number of your fighters for our military and been denied due to our civil rights/and-or political freedoms policy. While we understand your concerns, we would like to appeal your decision.

As a basis for this appeal, I shall provide you with a bit of background on our nation's culture and political system. First of all, on civil rights, we are a relatively free society. Freedom of speech and press has been the cornerstone of our society since its inception, and freedom of religion is a right, that while rarely exercised - our population being around 90% Atheist - is nevertheless protected in our society. The state controls some media, yes, but we do not prohibit private citizens or entities from starting their own mass-media organizations or what have you.

While we are by no means a democracy on a national scale, at the local level, all officials are democratically elected by the people, and most of our provinces elect officials to their key positions either through these local governments or by direct elections. However, on the national level, we do not have any form of democracy. Leaders are chosen by a council of Ministers appointed by the previous leader. This has been in place since the mid-1800s, and while we see that democracy works well for your nation and many others, it has been tried here, and it has failed. Our government allows our people to be free - they may do as they wish. While they may have limited political power, we do not aim to oppress our people. They may petition our government with their grievances, as they have many times in the past, and we typically acknowledge and act on these concerns, as we have done many times in the past.

We have intervened on the behalf of democratically elected leaders with good civil rights policy many times in the past to stop genocidal insurrections and madmen many times in the past. In both the First Cepedian Rebellion, and the Second Cepedian Rebellion, for example, we deployed a peacekeeping force to remove murderous military leaders who had taken over in coups, oppressed the population, and publically executed the legitimately elected leaders.

We may be a dictatorship in many ways, but I hope you come to realize that we are not Totalitarian or Authoritarian, and that we are a force for goodness and stabilty in an uncertain world filled with oppressive sociopaths, such as the madman Generale Francisco Jose Jorge Pablo Diego José de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y de la Paz, who oppresses his people, the Pogmenasitians, and purpotrates genocide against minority populations.

We simply aim to preserve regional stability and protect our people; that is all.

Glorious Leader Ferguson,

FOUO/CLASSIFIED

READCON (READiness CONdition)
[5] 4 3 2 1
Active units garrisoned at domestic facilities.
Reserves inactive
OFFICIAL IC NAME IS THE GLORIOUS REPUBLIC OF FERGUSON
Constitution of the Republic

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Fergusun wrote:FROM The Office of the Glorious Leader of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson
SUBJECT Purchase Denial

TO U.R. Defense Security Assistance Agency

FOUO/CLASSIFIED

Greetings,
My name is Glorious Leader Ferguson of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson. I write on behalf of my War Minister, Von Richmond, who has recently made a request to procure a small number of your fighters for our military and been denied due to our civil rights/and-or political freedoms policy. While we understand your concerns, we would like to appeal your decision.

As a basis for this appeal, I shall provide you with a bit of background on our nation's culture and political system. First of all, on civil rights, we are a relatively free society. Freedom of speech and press has been the cornerstone of our society since its inception, and freedom of religion is a right, that while rarely exercised - our population being around 90% Atheist - is nevertheless protected in our society. The state controls some media, yes, but we do not prohibit private citizens or entities from starting their own mass-media organizations or what have you.

While we are by no means a democracy on a national scale, at the local level, all officials are democratically elected by the people, and most of our provinces elect officials to their key positions either through these local governments or by direct elections. However, on the national level, we do not have any form of democracy. Leaders are chosen by a council of Ministers appointed by the previous leader. This has been in place since the mid-1800s, and while we see that democracy works well for your nation and many others, it has been tried here, and it has failed. Our government allows our people to be free - they may do as they wish. While they may have limited political power, we do not aim to oppress our people. They may petition our government with their grievances, as they have many times in the past, and we typically acknowledge and act on these concerns, as we have done many times in the past.

We have intervened on the behalf of democratically elected leaders with good civil rights policy many times in the past to stop genocidal insurrections and madmen many times in the past. In both the First Cepedian Rebellion, and the Second Cepedian Rebellion, for example, we deployed a peacekeeping force to remove murderous military leaders who had taken over in coups, oppressed the population, and publically executed the legitimately elected leaders.

We may be a dictatorship in many ways, but I hope you come to realize that we are not Totalitarian or Authoritarian, and that we are a force for goodness and stabilty in an uncertain world filled with oppressive sociopaths, such as the madman Generale Francisco Jose Jorge Pablo Diego José de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Martyr Patricio Clito Ruíz y de la Paz, who oppresses his people, the Pogmenasitians, and purpotrates genocide against minority populations.

We simply aim to preserve regional stability and protect our people; that is all.

Glorious Leader Ferguson,

FOUO/CLASSIFIED

[/box]

To the esteemed and honorable representatives of the Glorious Republic of Ferguson,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your appeal. We apologize for the extended waiting time; each appeal must be examined, analyzed, and debated on a case-by-case basis to formulate a final ruling. Appeals are analyzed by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), an agency of Congress. Upon acceptance, appeals are sent to a hearing before same joint Congressional committee for review.

After an extensive review of your appeal, your order has been approved by the DSAA and various officials of the respective defense firms responsible for your purchase with appropriate authority and responsibilities vested within them. The DSAA will ensure that the logistics for the order are properly organized in order to facilitate the delivery of your purchase. We sincerely hope that our product suits your needs and that you are fully satisfied with its performance, and we wish to bid you good luck in your endeavors to improve your armed forces.

We sincerely hope this foreign military sale helps promote mutual relations between the United Republic and Ferguson in the interest of liberty, peace, and security.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

1 Attachment — "Receipt"

Buyer: Ferguson

Complete order:
  • 4 F-29A
  • 4 F-29B
  • Order Total: USD $1,002,800,000.00
Final Total: USD $1,002,800,000.00
Last edited by Virana on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 pm

United Ostrava wrote:
(Image)
The Republic of United Ostrava

To: United Republic Defense Security Assistance Agency
Subject: RE: Order Confirmation

Dear Mr.Steele,

Due to a clerical error, the Ostravian Deparment of Defense had placed an order for 100 UAE Systems Modular Personal Body Armor Systems™ (MPBAS™) with Personal Hard Armor Inserts made of Dyneema HB80. We would like to officially amend this order to 100 UAE Systems Modular Personal Body Armor Systems™ (MPBAS™) with Enhanced Personal Protective Inserts (EPPIs) constructed of Scutum.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has created on your end.

Sincerely,

(Image)
General Thomas Peterson

(Image)

To the esteemed and honorable representatives of United Ostrava,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your appeal. We apologize for the extended waiting time; each appeal must be examined, analyzed, and debated on a case-by-case basis to formulate a final ruling. Appeals are analyzed by the Government Accountability Office (GAO), an agency of Congress. Upon acceptance, appeals are sent to a hearing before same joint Congressional committee for review.

After a review, your order has been approved by the DSAA and various officials of the respective defense firms responsible for your purchase with appropriate authority and responsibilities vested within them. The DSAA will ensure that the logistics for the order are properly organized in order to facilitate the delivery of your purchase. We sincerely hope that our product suits your needs and that you are fully satisfied with its performance, and we wish to bid you good luck in your endeavors to improve your armed forces.

We understand that mistakes occur when handling international commerce. As such, we will modify the order free of charge and refund all extraneous funds wired by the United Ostravan military regarding this contract.

Best regards,
Ryan Joshua Steele

Washington Hayes

Virana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:51 pm

Romberg wrote:(OOC: Is the F-31 ready for sale yet?)

[OOC: It's ready for preorder, but the writeup isn't finished, so your order would not go into production yet. Once I finish the writeup, preordered jets would enter production. That's only to keep anyone from guessing those capabilities that haven't been written yet - sorry if that causes any inconvenience.]

Orlessia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlessia » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Super Viper Purchase

To Whom It Concerns,

While the High Kingdom remains committed to our age long traditions of isolationism and neutrality, the increasing tension within Pardes, apparently evident since the clash between Tyrrenhia and the Pravengria crisis and now with the bombings on Itailian soil, the Orlessian government is assaulted on nearly all fronts and is constantly seeking to keep our defences armed to the teeth and on par with the most state of art physical and software.

In accordance with the emergency funding granted to my Department by Parliament last week, I am hereby placing an order for five hundred F-29 Super Viper's, of the A-variant configuration, and an additional five hundred for the C-variant configuration, which will leave us with a grand total of 11,0350,000,000 USD or eleven billion universal standard dollars. We ask that all planes be delivered to Freedom Point AFB in northern Orlessia, where the F-29C's will be transferred to Travers Shipyards for fitting aboard our carriers and the F-29A's will be distributed across the nation.
Last edited by Orlessia on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riccen
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riccen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:16 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE WAR MINISTER
TO U.R. DEFENSE SECURITY ASSISTANCE AGENCY
ON THE SUBJECT OF AIRCRAFT PROCUREMENT

To those this request may concern,
The War Ministry of the Republic of Riccen is interested in adopting the F-29 Super Viper as its primary multirole fighter aircraft, in all branches of service. Our Marine Corps and Air Force will both be acquiring variants of the aircraft if the contract is approved by the government.

We intend to make a purchase of (1100) F-29A CTOL, (400) F-29B STOVL, and (800) F-29C EMLAR for a total of $287.29 billion NSD.

Thank you,
War Minister Emeritus Johnson
Last edited by Riccen on Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade